Capsi Blast

By ProMera Health
Capsi Blast ProMera Health
7.2/10
(Weighted average based on 1 Review)

Ranks #61 of 82 (better than 26%)
in Weight Loss > Thermogenics
Dashboard Reviews Related Prices Coupons/Deals

cssrss

A Product with an identity crisis

Ok everyone, drop the Ivanko dumbbells and take a second to check out my review for Promera Health's thermogenic, CapsiBlast!

INTRO

I was originally in the market for a stim free thermogenic that would aid in my recent cutting phase. I'm somewhat sensitive to stimulants, and I wanted a product that I could use on the daily without being concerned over crashing or being plain "cracked out." I came across CapsiBlast after being somewhat frustrated in my search. This is basically Promera Health's take on the CapsiMax product.

INGREDIENTS PER SCOOP

Sodium, 20mg

CapsiBlend 824mg
Beta Alanine.
Caffeine, 100mg.
Red Pepper Fruit (2% Capsaicinoids).
Black Pepper Fruit Extract.

Based on the ingredients, CapsiBlast may offer a variety of benefits in regards to a cutting phase.

-Chromium may facilitate fat metabolismm, glucose uptake, and insulin regulation (however I have read conflicting research)
-A modest amount of caffeine (100mg) supports exercise intensity while increasing lipolysis.
-Beta Alanine supports anaerboic exercise duration via phj buffering of the acidosis of hydrogen ions.
-Red Pepper Fruit (capsaicin) has been shown to increase thermogenisis by facilitating norepinephrine. This specific type of extract has been encapsulated, meaning that it will provide the added thermogenic benefits without burning as you drink it.
-Black pepper extract supports absorption of the ingredients.

TASTE 8/10 "Blue Raspberry"

I loved the taste of the product. However at times the encapsulated Red Pepper still added a spicy kick to the drink that, if you were ever to bite down on a capsule, would may you think you just took a swig of tabasco! And a few times I had a really spicy burp ha!

MIXABILITY 3/10

Ok, two big complaints here. One is that the encapsulated white balls of pepper extract would sit at the bottom of the shaker cup and you have to constantly drink RIGHT AFTER mixing, lest you leave out one of the main ingredients. The other complaint is something I experience with all the Promera Health products I have used in the past...CLUMPING! Ok, I know to keep supps away from humidity, but come on! I kept this product in the same place as all my other supps and every one of them was fine except for CapsiBlast. I seriously had to dig away at the mass of blue goo every time. This made dosing very difficult, as the product ended up in big sticky clumps. Not good.

EFFECTIVENESS 5/10

While on a cut I was able to drop about 3-4% with this product. The caffeine gave me moderate energy (big surprise), I did sweat a little more than usual, and the beta alanine effect was modest compared to other products (even taking beta alanine on its own). I would attribute the body fat drop to my diet with a little help from this product. In other words, the results came a little faster than what I have experienced using the same method without thermogenics in the past.

SIDE EFFECTS 9/10

Other than the occasional spicy burp, nothing to make me stop using the product.

VALUE 8/10

I was able to get this on BB.com for a discounted price of $17 for 24 servings.

OVERALL 5/10

Although I was able to reach a 3% body fat reduction, I believe that it was mostly attributed to dieting. This product helped speed up the process, but nothing remarkable. In the end, I would not purchase this product again. For the benefits it offered, I suggest just investing in cheaper red pepper extract pills and any preworkout with caffeine; something along the lines of ON's AmiNO energy.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Slight Thermogenic Response
  • Product Will Clump In Any Environment

nickz3

Posted May 9, 2013
I just finished using this product and you hit the nail on the head, I would have to say my experience with this product was pretty much the same as yours. great review

cssrss

Posted May 9, 2013
Thanks nickz3! Ya, I really was let down. Did you get the same "clumping" I did?