Beta-Cret

By: ProMera Health

Beta-Cret is a Pre-Workout manufactured by ProMera Health. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does Beta-Cret work?
just5foods
  July 12, 2011

ingredients include: Turine, beta-alanine, creatine HCl (of course), L-tyrosine, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, L-Histidine, Caffeine, 1,3 Dimethylamylamine. It doesn't include any N.O. ingredients but I supplement those anyway.
The size of the container is pretty much the same size as jack3d but the scoops are slightly smaller and the max scoop is 2 per 24 hour period. My first week back in gym after traveling for two weeks I started my Beta-Cret cycle, so I didn't expect much the first week but i matched personal records and wasn't burning out nearly as fast as I expected.
The instructions say to take Beta-Cret 10-15 minutes pre workout so I tried that the first day and about 25 minutes into my workout my stomach was a little uneasy and I was burping up the taste of blue raspberry. Then I went to taking it 30 minutes pre and it seemed to do a lot better. The color of it matches the blue from airplane toilet bowl water and the taste isn't as good as any jack3d flavor but at the same time im mixing Citrulline Malate, arganine-akg, and Con-Cret which are all bitter so im sure that effects the taste but I did the same with jack3d watermelon and the jack3d masked the bitterness just fine. I think the caffeine content feels higher than in jack3d.
Effectiveness- 9/10 I rated this high because I had great pumps and I was able to have a longer workout session then I normally would have my first week back into it which impressed me.
Value- 6/10 im not impressed with the price but I did buy it when it was exclusive and hard to find so im sure the price will drop but it needs to at least match jack3d for it to be a permanent member of my stack.
Mixability- 8/10 mixing was ok but it depended on the temp. of the water I had it in (the warmer the faster it mixed).
Overall- 8.5/10 I was impressed and pleased to try this supplement I just can't wait until its cheaper and easier to find but I did get a free Con-Cret bag and some free samples but still not worth the price I paid for it. I hope this review helped someone out there.
  • Pumps

Pro Mera Beta Cret Blue Raspberry.

First I would like to thank RB, Pro Mera and the rest of the reps for the opportunity to log and review this great product.

Pro Mera Beta Cret Blue Raspberry.

Starting from the second you tear the safety seal from the top of the tub, Beta Cret kicks you directly in the face. You get the feeling as soon as you smell the product that "this stuff works". What I also found to be interesting during the initial inspection was the serving scoop, it is small. Micro-Concentrated is what Pro Mera boasts on the packaging and a 4.35 grams per serving "micro" is exactly what the serving size is.

Mixing and flavor,
For mixing Beta Cret I would simply pour a serving into a water bottle with about 4 ounces of water and shake it for about three seconds. The product mixes almost instantly and leaves only a minimal amount of fine particles that do not dissolve. The directions state to use 6-8 ounces of water per serving, I like the flavor more on the intense side so I use less water.

The flavor is great, Blue Raspberry tastes like blue Kool Aid when mixed with 6 ounces of water. Less water gives you a stronger more tart flavor. I was also able to try the Pineapple flavor and it is great, just like pineapple.

Dosage,
As the directions state to start with one scoop and adjust according to your personal preference. One scoop does work in delivering the goods but at 180 pounds I did bump the dosage up steadily and landed on two servings being optimum for me.

So the packaging states that Beta Cret delivers "focus, strength and energy" as a pre workout intensifier. I do agree and in fact believe that endurance should be added to this list as well.

Focus
Focus was increased for me, I am always dialed in the focus department while training but everyone has those days here and there where just about everything is distracting. With Beta Cret I found that these days where cut to a minimum and even on days where I am positive I would normally just throw in the towel I was able to keep my head in the game and "turn off" the distraction and do work.

Strength
A noticeable strength gain is apparent upon the first dose. This is mostly due to the increased energy the product delivers. After a few days the real strength gains come and you can tell that it isn't due to heightened energy levels, the weight just becomes lighter. With Beta Cret being reinforced with Con Cret these strength gains are for real and very noticeable.

Energy
This is where Beta Cret shines, the energy is there and it stays around for about two hours. The energy is clean and even, no spikes in levels, no crazy "I want to run through walls" hyper feeling and no crash. This product makes you feel like an enhanced version of yourself and that is awesome. I did not feel light headed or have unexpected spikes in heart rate at all. Just clean good energy.

Endurance
Heightened endurance is apparent within the first dose. You simply throw down more reps for more sets than you do without Beta Cret. What I also found as a huge benefit of Beta Cret is cardio endurance. The added focus coupled with the added energy levels make cardio sessions fly by. In my opinion this makes Beta Cret a great supplement to take while on a cut. More cardio means you can take in more calories and still stay within your macros and that means you have less cutting stress and end up being not just "all cut up" but in superior physical and mental condition.

In short Beta Cret works,the price is reasonable and it delivers what it says and more. I recommend this product to everyone who is looking for a pre session supplement.

goof82
  June 15, 2013

Here is a quick review on Beta-Cret, short and sweet.

Taste:
I've only used pineapple, I like it, its not very sweet but has enough flavor to enjoy it. Score 9/10

Mixability:
Used 400ml (13oz) of cold water. Mixed well, fully dissolved. I usually add a lot of water to anything, just in general. Score 10/10

Dosing:
Here is a quick review on Beta-Cret, short and sweet.

Taste:

Mixability:

Dosing:
Started off with 1 scoop 15min - 20min pre workout (empty stomach, AM), didn't really notice much. After a few days, I went to 2 scoops and that's when I could tell it was kicking in. Towards the end of the tub, I however had to go to using 2.5 scoops to get the same sort of intensity. Score 8/10

Effectiveness / focus:
Just like many other pre workouts I've used, I find Beta-Cret to give me a nice clean energy and focus during my entire session. It made me workout a bit harder than normal, and time flew by. I didn't experience any crash or jitters. Score 8/10

Value:
Got it on sale, buy 2 get 1 free, at AUD$60 (total) for 3 tubs is super cool deal. Worth buying! Score 10/10

Conclusion:
Negatives. If I trained at night, took it approx 7:00pm I wasn't able to sleep till way beyond 1:00am, which is very weird for me as I can go to sleep pretty easy. This happened all the time when doing a night session (10~).

All in all, I can't knock this product, it does what it states, good focus, clean energy and motivation to lift heavy! If you're someone looking for a 'pump' product (which I "╦ťam NOT), I didn't notice anything different in that department. Score 8/10
  • Find It On Sale

THIS IS MY GO-TO PWS!!!

I first found out about this product through the reviews on Con-cret so i decided to give it a shot, it did NOT disappoint!

TASTE: 10/10 i tried the pineapple flavor, AWESOME!! It actually tasted like real pineapple juice, which helps it go down nice and early in the morn.

THIS IS MY GO-TO PWS!!!

MIXABILITY: 9/10 On the Label it tells you that this has superior solubility and they weren't wrong. All you do is chuck it in a glass, fill it with water and stir it for 10 seconds or so, there was no sediment in the bottom for the first 3/4 of the tub, however as i got nearer the bottom i did start to get slight residue in the glass which is the reason why i gave it a 9/10 not a 10/10.

FOCUS: 8/10 this would be one of the few downsides to this product. Gym with Beta-Cret was great, i had just kept going, the only reason why i would stop the exercise that i was doing was because i was getting bored of it and my mind was racing that fast that i would get over-excited and jump on to the next exercise, which is the reason i gave it an 8.

PUMP: 9/10 Beta-Cret came out trumps in this category, i just kept going and going. Unlike APS Mesomorph this didn't cut down lactic acid build up, but because it was giving me muscle fatigue it was like a little dude tapping me on the shoulder and then screaming in my ear HAMMER IT ***!!!! Good feeling =). Vascularity was good with my muscles becoming hard and veiny instead of bloated and soft which is experienced with Jack3d.

Value: 8/10 Again i live in rural Australia so any PWS is over-priced however this was best deal i could get for me. At $45 for 36 serves it was a great buy, if it where a tad bit cheaper it would be great, i had to up my intake to 1 1/2 scoops after about 3 weeks but it really depended on how i felt that day.

Bodyfeel: This didn't just helped me at the gym, but at work, and basically anything that i was doing i could do easier. I actually felt smart for a change =) Physically this stuff makes you feel great to, high energy and lots of determination. At work i got a job done in 4 hours by myself which usually takes 3-4 people 6 hours each to complete, which resulted in a drug test because my boss that i was on speed but thanks to this having no Dimethylamylamine(DMAA) i passed =). Occasionally i did get a slightly sore stomach when using this but no nausea just felt a bit acidic. AND NO CRASH!!!!!!

SUMMARY: I would recommend this PWS to anybody, beginners and pros alike. No water retention, no bloating and nearly no side-effects(only rarely i would get a slightly sore tummy, but nothing food and water wouldn't fix). It really is a great product.
  • Rare Tummyache
felipeba
  November 4, 2013

Think it's just an OK PW. I'm not surprised at all.

Used alternating with Pump Igniter from TSN, but since I got no pumps (it's not the focus of this product) I thought it was better to use on leg days due the endurance it gave me.

Price: 6. 10 dollars on 2x 8 dosings. Had to use almost 2 scoops each time. Each container lasted 5 times. 1 dollar each time, just OK. If I paid full price (10 dollars for 8 servings) it would be terrible.

Taste: 9. Great, got the pineapple. A different flavor, this was a...
Think it's just an OK PW. I'm not surprised at all.

Taste: 9. Great, got the pineapple. A different flavor, this was a good surprise.

Mixability: 10. Mixes very well. No residues.

Profile: 6. Wish it had some pump-stuff, some NO precursors, but this isn't the focus of this product. Wish it had more beta-alanine to make it OK.

Effectiveness: 7. Helped me with the endurance and turn a little bit on, around 250mg of caffeine will help. This was the reason for me to use on leg days. Since I'm running a bit every day, it helped me to keep running/cardio (on these days just a bit, main focus is weight lifting) before weight lifting.

Cons: had to understand it wasn't going to help me getting pumps, since I had none. It helped me on endurance.

Bottom line: wouldn't buy it again.
  • Find It On Sale
  • No Pump

Based on great reviews for this product in Germany, I bought the product. I wasn't disappointed although I have used better pre-workout supplements in the past.

1. Taste :
I didn't like the taste, but this is a personal opinion of course. There was only one taste available : Pineaple. Not my favourite flavour.

2. Mixability :
When I opened the tub, the powder was a bit clotted, but it dissolved well.

3. Digestibility :
I had some problems with other pre-workout supplements (like Muscle...

1. Taste :

2. Mixability :
When I opened the tub, the powder was a bit clotted, but it dissolved well.

3. Digestibility :
I had some problems with other pre-workout supplements (like Muscle Marinade) but this one was very mild for the stomach.

4. Dosing :
First time, 1 scoop, I felt nothing. Next time I took 2 scoops and felt the product working. My ideal dose however was 3 scoops.

5. Strength :
I felt a noticable strength increase when taking 3 scoops.

6. Energy / focus :
I had an very intense focus (at 3 scoops), like I was the only one training in the gym. People tried to draw attention, didn't notice them at all, which was a strange experience. Lots of energy without a crash.

7. Pump :
Unfortunately, I had no pump. However, combined with a cheap arginine supplement, I had a very intense pump. One day I had an arm day training, with an almost painful pump, never felt this before.

8. Price :
I bought this product in Holland. The price was equivalent with other pre-workout supplements.

9. Overall :
Very decent pre-workout supplements, although I have used better supplements. What I really liked about this product was the excellent focus and energy.
  • No Pump
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.