Pure Karbolyn

By: Professional Supplements

Pure Karbolyn has quickly become one of my favorite products. It's versatility is amazing as you can pair it with amino acids like Xtend and modern BCAA. I also added in a few grams of Beta Alanine. I took those pre/intra workout and took my creatine with it because it helps shuttle the nutrients into my muscles faster then just taking them with plain water. I also took this post workout and mixed it with my aftershock which was okay but wouldn't recommend it unless you pick up orange.

Pure karbolyn is derived from potatoes, rice and corn. It supposedly is absorbed through the stomach faster than malto, Dextrose, rice, bread and pasta. Now onto the next.

Intraworkout effectiveness: I felt it the first day i tried this mixed it with mBCAA unflavored and it masked the taste. On leg days this was perfect 1 and a half scoops 75g worked awesome to Combat intense squats and leg presses. I was still sore but had enough energy to power through a long leg day. For upper body days i would get an intense pump almost immediately when i use this comparable to N.O. pumps. I take C-BOL now and it gives you a pump by itself so i paired the two and my muscles felt Engorged through the entire workout.

Post workout: I used one scoop with aftershock at first for some extra carbs to help Spike insulin and quickly recover. Added pump. I felt like i recovered a lot better while taking this intra and post workout it's not E-BOL like recovery but there's a difference.

Other things i noticed: I started this at 215 and now i'm at 223. It's 200 calories so it's helping me add some more carbs into my diet. Along with my stack of C-BOL, Hydrobuilder (recently added last week)/aftershock, and recently added up your MASS it has helped me lean bulk over the past few weeks.

Depending on how you dose it it'll last a month i would take about 2 and a half scoops on workout days. The price is roughly about 40-$50 for a 4.4lb container. At least it's not vitargo where you can only get it for 60+ dollars. It does the same job as vitargo imo. I got more of a pump from this and it doesn't turn to sludge when mixed with a protein as when i mixed this with vanilla hydro whey it tasted awful but at least it mixed cleanly.

I'm still on board with intraworkout supplementation to ensure that my muscles are receiving the proper nutrients it needs during workouts when I'm tearing my body apart with squats deads and bench pressing. It also can be used pre cardio as many others do to give you some extra endurance and energy. I don't take pre workouts with caffeine anymore so i can attest to this giving clean energy.

I'm keeping this as a staple because it greatly pairs with amino acids,creatine, glutamine, whey almost anything you take intra or post workout can be used in conjunction with this. I think it's best used on a bulk or lean bulk as well. Competitors can use this as their carb source pre contest loading. Also doesn't cause a bloat like maltodextrin or Dextrose. And you actually feel this hit your muscles unlike waxy maize.

In closing i believe this product is worth the money as intra workout and post workout supplementation is important and everybody wants to build muscle and carbs are key in doing so. Karbolyn is the happy medium in between vitargo for most for me it's the same with a better price and clean mix with a pump. Pick this up and add Aminos and everything i mentioned above and watch your performance improve.

Any questions let me know and i'll be happy to answer. Hope this helps those who are on the fence about this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • About The Same Level Of Vitargo
  • More Fullness In Muscles
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Well

• Matty28

Awesome Review Meat!
      July 26, 2011

Thanks bro. meant about the same level as* vitargo haha my typing has been off i'm not all here.
    • MassiveBeast
      July 26, 2011

Great review. Lots of info there. Might look into this for my next stack.
      July 26, 2011

Thanks massive it's worth a look brotha. I know mooselini has enjoyed this as well it's just so versatile and fits in about any stack.
    • dorsey67
      July 26, 2011

I might try this on my next bulk
    • jmlstocks
      July 27, 2011

Very nice review brother meat! Love that Karbolyn! Very interesting that you've had success taking as an intra, I've never used it that way before, might have to give it a try!
      July 27, 2011

Yeah it's great intra man you feel it blowing your muscles up and gives you that extra push needed.
    • adam777
      July 27, 2011

Awesome review. Does it differ from sci-fit's karbolyn? It looked to me that just the dosing was different.
    • Mooselini
      July 27, 2011

Good review my fellow karbolyn brotha, and for those who don't know strawberry Popsicle is the best flavor IMO
    • NoCielings
      July 27, 2011

Dude your a freaking beast! you intimidate me lol anyway great review, i might try this with my pro complex
    • NoCielings
      July 27, 2011

Also im not scared to take this on a cut or recomp
      I need my muder ***ing carbs!!!!!!
      July 28, 2011

@adam- everybody says its the same thing it's the same ingredients and all just this is 50g a scoop and sci fit is 30g but pure karbolyn was the original so i went with that and i love it so i'm not going to mess with sci fit's karbolyn

@mooselini- Orange tastes pretty good as well like a popsicle as well.

@nocielings- hahaha I'd use it on a recomp it's a great carb source man. I'm on a lean bulk and i really think i've added some meat to my legs. If you use this with your pro complex i would get unflavored and mix it or drink pro complex then throw down the pure karbolyn.
    • Bivx361
      July 28, 2011

Yumm.... Taste like candy. Took 2 scoops of this with 2 scoops hyperbolic and 2 I-load pills. Great backpump while I was deadlifts for 12 reps. 130 g carbs
    • Bivx361
      July 28, 2011

Yumm.... Taste like candy. Took 2 scoops of this with 2 scoops hyperbolic and 2 I-load pills. Great backpump while I was doing deadlifts for 12 reps. 130 g carbs
    • Manimal
      July 28, 2011

Ahh yeah. Nice one, MeatKing.

This carb is right up there with Vitargo. i will say the taste in comparison is phenomenal! However thats a secondary things, the actual product feels as thuogh its absorbed immmediately as you drink it, with the actual karbolyn molecule being a quickly absrobed nutrient minus the insulin Spike and water retention I can definitely say since I have been on it I have noticed during my workouts and throughout the day I am fuller, specifically after my post workout shake ( 2 scoops karbolyn/75 g whey protein 10 g creatine). Highly reccomend,, downside is pricewise its just as expensiv as vitargo, your looking @ roughly 17 bucks/lb
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • More Fullness In Muscles
    • Better Recovery
    • Strawberry Popsicle Taste

***11 bucks not 17 bucks
      • beastwl96
        February 2, 2011

75 Grams in one sitting!? That is alot man imho i think you should be consuming 50 at most but 75??? I do not think your body can digest that much in one sitting.
        February 2, 2011

Not entirely true,,,,saying that one person can only abosrb X amount of protein at once can be proven false because it wold be like saying that jay cutler at 300 lbs can only absorb as much protein as a 150lb distance runner. Your body takes what it needs from you diet, and in the case of whether it can take that much I would much rather error on the side of too much protein than not give my body 100% of its capacity,,,,,,,i should also say that Im a competetive Bodybuilder and im currently in an off season bulk and im 235 @ 9.5 BF and I will have a slightly higher LBM than an average individual
      • beastwl96
        February 2, 2011

Thank you for correcting me. Im still learning lol.
        February 2, 2011

No problem buddy thats what this site is made for, take full advantage of it! ( Just hopfully you getting your info from the informed people not the bros :) )

I don't do many reviews mostly because I've used products that everyone's already heard of but after lurking around and seeing the numerous recommendations of this by kingmeat I decided to give it a try. As a result it has become my one of my favorite supplements.
      I use 50-75g of it pre and intra workout mixed with about 10g BCAAs and 3-4g of Beta Alanine.

Taste (8/10): Since I mix it with BCAAs...

Taste (8/10): Since I mix it with BCAAs I bought the unflavored, so the taste is not really a factor. However it just makes my BCAAs a little chalky but it's not a bad taste by any means and still enjoyable/refreshing.

Price (8/10): I bought 4.4 lb, which lasted me roughly 30 workouts, from dpsnutrition for $42. Somewhat high but for its effectiveness it's well worth it.

Effectiveness (9/10): This is what makes the product worth it. I felt it from the first day. My workouts while taking this improved greatly. My energy maintained at high levels from start to end. I felt stronger which is always a good feeling. But the most noticeable feeling was the sense of hardness/fullness after my sets. After about a month I was able to go from 194 to 201 which feels great for a hard gainer.

Overall: Pure Karbolyn quickly became a top product for me. This will continue to be a staple when I try to gain weight and strength. I would recommend it to anyone with the same goals. If you're trying to cut maybe use half a scoop just for the energy and fullness feelings. Questions?
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • More Fullness In Muscles
      • Better Recovery

August 19, 2011

Good review bro glad you liked it.
        • henrig11
          August 19, 2011

It's definitely my go to supp when i have a little extra cash.

mucha103

AMAZING product, if you get the un-flavored powder its great to mix with any protein. Makes you feel so huge after a full body work-out. Great for a bulking cycle. Even though i used it with a chocolate flavored protein it tasted great. Mixes well.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Massive Gains
        • Cheep
        • Mixes Well

March 2, 2011

How many servings come in the container?
          • mucha103

50 servings 50 carbs per scoop and the serving is one scoop

Hmm sounds good. Thanks!
          • Lorenz0
            March 2, 2011

I got the fruit punch and it says 50g @ 40 serv.
          • mucha103
            March 2, 2011

Thats weird, it could be a different size, i bought it and the label was different then then on the site and others that i have seen with it, so it could of been changed, i have no idea.

I started taking this as an intra workout mix and i just keep gaining!!!! muscles feel very full after liffting, and not in a watery waay like creatine mixes, in a vascular way. Carbs are very important when doing alot of lifting and this stuff makes it so easy to get..... it tastes okay but a little strong
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Quick Gains
          • More Fullness In Muscles
          • Better Recovery

February 16, 2011

Did you add anything with it for your intra workout drink?
            • jkw910
              (-2)
              February 16, 2011

Just the karbolyn and water, its better as a post workout drink but i couldnt stomach the karbolyn and a protien shake straight after

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.