Thermadex

By Premium Nutraceuticals
Thermadex Premium Nutraceuticals
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 1 Review)

Ranks #30 of 81 (better than 64%)
in Weight Loss > Thermogenics
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

deumcole

Overall Thermadex worked pretty well

This is the third & final review of the PNI products I was sent, this time for their fat burner Thermadex. Special thanks once again go out to the PNI reps for their graciousness.

As with the rest of the PNI products, I had no real expectations for Thermadex. I was coming off a decent layoff from lifting heavy weights, & I had felt that at the time I was carrying around extra weight that I really didn't need. I figured I could get my weight back down to where it normally stays, & if I'm lucky a little extra. Needless to say, I got lucky some.

PROFILE: B

The ingredient profile is pretty standard in my opinion; some stimulants, a few ingredients specializing in fat loss/thermogenic effects, & a nice proprietary blend to protect it all ;). Two ingredients did catch my eye though, Bitter Orange Extract & Orchileanâ„¢.

I've seen Bitter Orange Extract here & there in some products, typically where I use to see DMAA. Well, I finally decided to dig some & found it to be exactly what I thought it was: a substitute for DMAA. Well, to be more exact a substitute for ephedra. Now it doesn't quite work as well as what it replaces, but I feel that it does the job. I will say that I do prefer the DMAA or ephedra in terms of effectiveness, but that may be a moot point.

The second one, Orchileanâ„¢, is a trademarked version of Cymbidium Goeringii Extract (CGE). CGE is the extract from the whole plant Cymbidium Goeringii, & has several cosmetic uses. It also is useful as an antioxidant from what little I could find on it. It seems to come a lot for cosmetic uses, but for Thermadex it is labeled as a "Vasodilator, Diuretic, & Mood Enhancer."

EFFECTIVENESS: B+

I typically dosed Thermadex two caps on off days (max dose), & one cap on workout days. I primarily followed Wendler's 5/3/1, did cardio when able, & flirted with some carb back loading (nothing John Keifer would be proud of). Other supplements I used were iForce Compete & the other two PNI products I reviewed. My main goal was just to get back to where I felt the most comfortable weight wise.

Initially Thermadex did very little where weight loss was concerned. I saw little to no changes in my physique or on the scale, & was about to write it off as a dud. Then, around the third week, the weight started coming off. I slimmed down pretty good, going from 235ish to a 226 over the next 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure what changed, but it just started clicking I guess.

I never noticed much energy from Thermadex, but on the plus side it never negatively impacted my sleep. I experimented with two caps on workout days, but going into the workout I would feel all kinds of jittery & just really uncomfortable overall. I was just fine at my 2off 1on routine, & I experienced very little negative side effects that way. My blood pressure did begin to get a little high for my likings, but by the time it became an issue I was done with the bottle.

Overall Thermadex worked pretty well, I would say above average from my experience. It's no OEP (original formula), but it's good enough for me.

VALUE: C+

Thermadex will run around $35 for 60 servings, or 30 days if you max dose. That's not bad, but OEP (original formula) is priced closer to $30 & is far more effective. So in that comparison, the price isn't too hot.

Overall the bottle lasted me almost two months based off how I was dosing it, but I would still be hesitant to buy it when OEP is more effective & cheaper. Even compared to USP Lab's other fat burner, Recreate, the value isn't too hot.

It's a good product, but I most likely wouldn't buy it again unless there was a good sale going on.

OVERALL: B

It was a good experience overall. I lost more weight than I was aiming for, I didn't experience any bad side effects, & it lasted a good while. However, when compared to other similar products I used that work better; I'm hesitant to go back to Thermadex. I would like to give this product the thumbs up, but I just can't. It's a good product, but I honestly have a few other products I would recommend ahead of this.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Weight Loss
  • No Sides