Whey Protein Isolate

By: Precision Engineered

Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Precision Engineered. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

What should I take with Whey Protein Isolate?
strongisland
  April 11, 2012

Hey SR, this is my first review on here, always looked around the site just never posted, so here it is!

I have been using Precision Engineered Whey Protein Isolate for quite some time now and it has yet to fail me. I'm on my forth tub and use it as an immediate post workout on any lifting days, generally I do 5-6 days on the weights and 20-30 mins of cardio 3-4 times a week. So on to the review:

Effectiveness (9) – Like I said, this is my fourth tub and over the past few months I have made some noticeable gains, not all directly related to the protein itself but with 140 calories per scoop (1g fat, 3g carbs, 30g protein) it has definitely contributed to making some lean gains, not to mention 36gs of BCAAs.

Value(8) – At around $36 for a 25 serving tub (1 scoop serving) it is a great value, there may be some cheaper alternatives out there, but I like to play it safe with a protein I know I can drink nearly anytime without dreading it. As a college kid on a budget I feel that it is worth the $$$.

Mix-ability(9) – With milk or water this protein mixes great, using a shaker cup or blender its never chunky and is smooth, there is a very slight consistency as if you could feel like small grains of unmixed powder flow if you drink it immediately after mixing it, hense why I mix mine and let it sit in the fridge then there is no consistency issues(I'm just picky when it comes to proteins though, could just be me)

Taste(9) – I have had both chocolate and vanilla, and most of the time I have to force myself to guzzle down protein, but not with this, I love it either just shaken or even adding a scoop of peanut butter or banana and blending it, regardless of how you mix it and with what it has a great base taste, I still prefer chocolate though.

Overall(9) - I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an additive to a lean high protein diet whether it be a cut or recomp(I'm currently on a recomp), this can help to contribute to lean gains over time.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Mix-ability
  • Makes Great Shakes

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.