Platinum Pump Fuel

By PMD
Platinum Pump Fuel PMD
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 37 Reviews)

Ranks #45 of 162 (better than 73%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

I would definitely reccomened this product if you have the cash then go for it

I used pump fuel about a year ago before I came across this website then I just went back to GNC about 2 months ago and realized why I hadn't used it in so long.. The price is redicoulous even with discounts! I love this product but PMD has to do something about the price.

Effectiveness: When I get pre workouts my main goal that I hope to get out of the product is the pump and focus I get from the product. Because as a seventeen year old I certainly don't need energy.
Pump: The pump was very good the first maybe 15 workouts (or half the tub) after that it kind of fell off and I didn't get the same pump as before but it still wS better then any other pre workout I've used.
Focus: The focus or tunnel vision I get from this is beyond anything I've ever experienced with any other product, within 15 minutes of taking it I was so focused and Motivated and just in that don't F*** with me mood. And it lasted the entire workout, when my workout was done I just sat in the locker room for 30-45 minutes sometimes just waiting for the effects to eventually wear off.
Energy: As I previously stated I certainly don't lack energy but with this the energy was still amazing. If I took it within 8 hours of when I was planning on going to bed it would sometimes keep me awake for am extra 2 or 3 hours which didn't bother me because I'm on break but it did start to get very annoying not being able to fall asleep when it was desired. I'm still not sure why it gave me such an energy boost with 200 mg of cafffeine per serving and I never used more than one serving.
Vascularity: I don't usually use a pre workout to get the road map veins but with this it just was there. My veins looked swollen all day and especially during my workout, which I guess was just an extra bonus for me

Taste: When it comes to pre workouts I don't really mind the taste because I just chug it and go, although there are some I tried that were god awful. But the first time I used this I got grape and I'd give it a 7. It tasted almost like kids cough syrup. It didn't taste bad but it left an odd and unpleasant after taste. But I just picked up there new flavor of cherry limeade because I loved the M5 cherry limeade and the taste was certainly a 10 it left no after taste at all, was smooth going down and just had an overall pleasent taste.

Mixability: As with most pre workouts it was semi difficult to mix, there was always little pieces that fell to the bottom of the blender bottle so I just added a few more ounces of water swishes it around and it did the trick.

Value: Well.. In a word it's just expensive. I got it on a buy one get one half with my AfterGlow so for the 2 it was a little over 100 bucks. Normally I beileve this is 70 bucks with no discount or anything so value is to me the only downfall. And it's a huge downfall.

Overall: I would definitely reccomened this product if you have the cash then go for it and I'm sure you'll be impressed by it. It gives great pump, energy, focus, etc.

I just picked up Cellucors C4 at my local GNC. (I don't know how they got it but they did) so in a week I'll be starting that and see how it compares to this, all though I beileve this will be tough to beat.

Also I would like to apologize in advance for any typos because I'm reviewing this product off of my phone.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increase Strength
  • No Sickness

Manimal

Posted December 30, 2010
Very well written, sir. Specially for going off the phone. Thanks for putting the time in for a good review.

Posted December 30, 2010
Thanks manimal. Anything to help out all the helpful people on SR!

Blade410

Posted December 30, 2010
nice review. my thoughts as well on this product. too pricey.

Posted December 30, 2010
Yes not just this but all PMD products are on the pricey side. It works and it's got quality ingredients but the price is just outrageous

joeflah13

The pumps I got from the product were great

As a preface, I'm giving this product such a high rating for value because I got it for $30 at GNC after I convinced the salesman to take the price down from $70. I was walking around the GNC looking for something I could possibly afford and I was having no luck since everything there was upwards of $70 bucks. I was holding this product when he said he could take Jack3d down to $30 for me, and then he promptly went on about how bad Jack3d was. He told me it would only give me a caffeine buzz and that its awful quality (I was laughing on the inside). He told me that since Jack3d was "so bad" he would knock the price of this down for me to $30. I figured why not for comparisons sake and went and bought this instead, and I'm stoked that I did. Just reading the ingredient profile convinced me that this was a great product: complex carbs only, kre-alkalyn, 3 types of arginine, 3 types on glutamine, caffeine, other stims, glycerol, etc. It also has 30 servings so it would last me upwards of 4 weeks. I bought the Raspberry-Lemonade flavor and it tastes awesome. I would compare it to the Blue-Raspberry flavored Assault with a bit of a chemically lemon aftertaste. It's enjoyable actually. The pumps I got from the product were great, and I took it about 15 minutes preworkout on a bi/tri day. The energy surpassed the Assault and the focus rivaled that I got from Jack3d, so this product performed all around. I'm really glad I got this instead of the Jack3d because it tastes much better and delivers better pumps. This is right behind Assault in terms of Pre-Workouts for me, I love it and recommend it completely.

-JF

Gkeezy

Posted February 28, 2014
    I did 2 scoops of this with 2 scoops of acg3 and WOW man, crazy fun workout

This is the supplement industries' best kept secret

This is the supplement industries' best kept secret. The pump you get from ths product is effective and lasting. no jitters, no crash, just a great workout. Like having 3 in 1 it combines Kre-Alkalyn, nitric oxcide precursers, and a carb delivery system. If you can afford the price tag this is the best you can get.

• Sick Focus

this is the best pre-workout ive evr taken

this is the best pre-workout ive evr taken! this gets me the pump i want every time! it tastes great and have not experienced any side effects. this helps me get the energy to work out every time.does not build muscle tho:(

• Good Focus

This product does produce a great amount of energy

PMD Platinum Pump Fuel is by far the most impressive supplement I've taken to date. I take a scoop about 30 minutes prior to my workout, and honestly if you were to tell me I couldn't work out after taking it, I would probably knock you down on my way to the gym.

Pump Fuel uses Kre-Alkalyn, so there is no loading and no need to take on your off days. I don't like taking supplements unless absolutely necessary, so I really enjoy that facet of this supplement. I always hated "loading" creatine, even on days I didn't workout.

This product does produce a great amount of energy, some of which is likely due to the 200mg of caffeine it has. However, the great thing about Pump Fuel, is that it stays strong the entire workout. However, when I go home and wind down, I'm not jittery or irritable like I experienced with Jack3d.

In comparison to Jack3d, Pump Fuel in my opinion dominates. For one, Jack3d has Creatine Mono, compared to Pump Fuel having Kre-Alkalyn. I for one, do not like the bloated feeling and bowl movements usually delivered by Creatine Mono. However, there is more.

Jack3d contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, while Pump Fuel contains none. 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is known to be a fairly dangerous product, linked to heart attacks, stroke and other health related risks. 1,3-Dimethylamylamine also causes vasoconstriction, which if you don't know what THAT is, I HIGHLY advise you look it up, because it's a VERY regular side effect with 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, which Jack3d contains.

Overall, once I take Pump Fuel, even if I didn't want to go to the gym prior, I end up wanting to go after I take it. I get no bloating, I get more reps in and am able to complete at least one or two more exercises per workout as opposed to when I am off Pump Fuel.

Too many people just want insane amounts of energy when they are looking into a pre-workout, however knowing what you are putting in your body is equally important. Those reasons are why I think Pump Fuel is hands down the safest, best value and best results you can get from a pre-workout supplement.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Focus
    • Prolonged Energy
    • Great Pumps

Cray

Nice review!

Posted December 28, 2010
      Where can you even buy PMD products?

taysab23

Posted December 28, 2010
      nice review homie.. i would love to pick up a bottle of this but there sooo expensive.. and to petrovich the only place I know that sells this item is GNC right now.

Posted December 28, 2010
      Simply not true about 1,3 DMAA.

Posted December 28, 2010
      I'm deployed right now, so I go to ndsnutrition.com to buy the products. They are expensive there, if you are near a GNC, you are probably better to wait until Gold Card week.

Posted December 29, 2010
      @22InchPipes, from all the research I've done, that's what I concluded. Even if there is some research that says yes and some that says no, why take the risk when you know there is something cleaner out there that is minus the 1,3-DMAA?

The cherry flavor does taste pretty awesome

This is the 4th and last pre workout drink I will try. I know everyone reacts differently to different supplements, but in my experience pre workout drinks are overpriced and overhyped. I stupidly let the guy at GNC talk me into this stuff. It would be one thing if the price was $20 or $30, but $70!?!? I took it exactly as directed. I got a mild engery rush from the caffeine and that's about it. Unlike a lot of guys, I don't need to be Jacked out of my mind to have a good workout. Intensity and focus has never been a problem becuase I actually enjoy it. Aside from that, I didn't notice any increase in strength or endurance. In my experience, kre-alkalyn creatine is no better than a quality grade monohydrate that is taken correctly (another story for another time). On the bright side, the cherry flavor does taste pretty awesome. So in summary, if you want a $70 cherry limeade with some caffeine in it, by all means buy it. If not, I would steer clear and save your money.

Cons:

Pump Fuel is a very effective pwo

In short, Pump Fuel is a very effective pwo, similar both ingredient-wise and in effectiveness to Muscle Pharm's Assault. Like Assault, it's not going to wow you with absurd amounts of raw energy, but it will certainly give you a hearty dollop of 'giddyup' and put you where you want to be from a focus standpoint. And the pumps? They are TRULY something special..worth the price of purchase alone, guaranteed. PPF does contain creatine, Kre Alkalyn to be specific, a product which I am very high on. While the price is a tad high, and it's a bit difficult to find (I want to say it's only available at franchise GNC stores), it is absolutely worth a shot. What sets it apart is a few things;
      1) The taste, at least of the raspberry lemonade, which is all I can vouch for, is absolutely incredible. It mixes great with a shaker cup, it's smooth, and just a total pleasure to drink.

2) NO PROPRIATARY BLEND! A rarity in the supplement world. You can actually look at the label and see the exact amounts of the ingredients that you are paying for..amazing, but true!

3) No diminishing return. The problem I have with almost all pwo's is that they stop being effective after you take them for awhile. I am currently on my third jug of Pump Fuel, and I can honestly say it worked just as well today as it did the first time I used it.

If you are in the market for a pre-workout supp, give this a go. The sticker says $60, but the guys at GNC are always able to knock it down for you..I pay about $45, and while there are cheaper products, I don't think there are many much better.

It was amazing

I was recommended this product from a friend and decided to give it a try. It was amazing. The first couple of days you start this product you won't see huge gains but a week in you will be so surprised. My weight went up on most workouts. And you get insane vascularity. The taste isn't great the first time but you will not have a problem once you take it a couple times. The only thing I did not like was the price is insanely high. It's $90 at GNC but with a GNC or student discount it'll drop around $72. If you want size and people turning their heads towards you in the gym then I would recommend this product.

Posted April 6, 2010
        I personally like (and have reviewed) USP Labs Jack3d.. I wouldn't call it a "pump product" because it's actually an ATP Augmentor and helps mostly with energy and endurance, BUT, I have found you actually do end up gaining a massive pump in any muscle that you use..

Give it a try, it's cheap (45 scoops for 21.99 to 32.99 most places) and if you cycle it in 2 week increments, it will last you about 5 or 6 weeks..

Once you use it, I don't think you'll ever want to train without it. Good luck

Posted April 6, 2010
        i never really got a 'pump' off of jack3d, more just crazy focus. once i added some arginine powder to it though i could tell a big difference

The profile on this product is the best I have seen in the segmen

This review will be covering the new Pump Fuel V.2, one of my favorite PWOs around. I have tried most on the market so I have plenty to compare it to and very few others come close. It isn't mentioned much but I think this product should be on everyone's radar whether you need the stimmed out Insanity or need a late night/off cycle caffeine free version.

Profile - 10/10

It's a huge ingredient list so I will only cover the highlights. It has 2 grams of Kre-Alkalyn and 1 gram of MagnaPower creatines, both very high quality and bloat free. It includes a little over 2 grams of a few different types of arginine and coupled with the beet extract and citrulline/norvaline combo the pump complex is great. The inclusion of a carb matrix featuring waxy maize and maltodextrin helps spike insulin and drive all the nutrients into muscle tissue. There is also plenty of L-Carnitine in each serving which is a huge plus for me as I am usually adding LCLT to everything.
        I do think they could have bumped the beta-alanine up over 3 grams which most studies suggest but I feel the tingles nonetheless.
        It's important to note that with this second generation of Pump Fuels there are now three different energy levels; caffeine free, the regular and Insanity. Insanity adds the energy blend of PMDs ACG3 (extra caffeine, synephrine and amla fruit) to the Pump Fuel.

Taste and Mixability - 9/10

I love all the flavors but my favorite is Cherry Limeade. It's not to sweet and is almost good enough to drink for the sake of enjoyment. The carbohydrate mix gives it an almost creamy consistency and consequently can sometimes clump a little bit.

Effectiveness - 10/10

Strength/Endurance - I am always impressed with this PWO for its ability to let me push up that one extra rep I didn't think I could do or add ten more minutes to my run. It's a subtle effect much like having a reserve tank. The power doesn't come on brutal and fast as it does with some of my other favorite PWOs (VPX Friction) but it is longer lasting. I can stay in the gym longer after taking Pump Fuel than in any other circumstance. The pumps on this product are incredible as well, often times almost becoming painful on arm day.

Energy/Focus - With the regular stimulant base the energy is clean and long lasting. It's a sort of background energy where you are feeling good and can keep going but you don't feel high. The focus is also great thanks in part I am sure to the vinpocetine and phosphatidyl serine.

Value - 7/10

This is the most expensive (retail) pre-workout I have ever used. Most of the time because these are really only sold through franchised GNCs you can work the price down. A lot. I only pay $28 for these and I know most people can easily get them for $50. So at $50 for 30 servings this is still pretty pricey but each scoop is very well dosed. So well dosed with a few ingredients in particular (carnitine, creatine and N.O. complex) that further supplementation of those can be unnecessary, saving you some money.

Overall - 9/10

The profile on this product is the best I have seen in the segment. The few complaints I have are the 2.5g of beta alanine and less than perfect mixability but this is an otherwise perfect PWO. The only thing really weighing it down is the price. Work around that and this is a 10.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • 30 Real Servings
        • Increase Strength

well this is my first review on a supplement so lets put it nice and easy.First i went today to GNC got my gold card and got a 20% off on the supplement i have taken many supplements and the best to this day is Platinum Pump Fuel trust me.

overall:great supplement i recommend it becuase im 16 years old and im in the age that i want to be jack like a 25 years old guy!

effectiveness: great pump gets you in to a great adrenaline for a great workout or pre-workout.

taste:it comes in a couple of flavors i recommend raspberry lemonade good taste to it.

side effects:nothing sence the start of me taking the supplement has happend to me but not everyone has the same body so this or anyother supplement may vary.

other comparicins: this is a great supplement beats NOexlpode! but both are great Muscle Builders.

value: to me its cheap becuase of the GNC gold card other then that its expensive but come on the gold card only cost 10 dolars apply today.

like it says on the jar drink 30 min. before workout and dont drink 4 houts before bed timeand no more then 2 servings in 24.I hope you new pump fuel consumers like this supplements cuz i shore do. and that part that says dont drink under ages of 18 hey im 16 nothing has happend to me ever sence i started drinking it.

Posted July 12, 2011
        bro, maybe you should focus a little less on working out, and a little more on learning how to read and write. I feel like I'm reading a review from a retarted kid, learn how to spell man.

Posted July 12, 2011
        sorry sir didnt know your a teacher! this is a supplement page not a how to critisize and learn how to write page. kids these days allways bored and dont have nothing to write other then bs! grow up bro this aint the only review here!