Platinum Pump Fuel

By: PMD

Platinum Pump Fuel is a Pre-Workout manufactured by PMD. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does Platinum Pump Fuel work?

I used pump fuel about a year ago before I came across this website then I just went back to GNC about 2 months ago and realized why I hadn't used it in so long.. The price is redicoulous even with discounts! I love this product but PMD has to do something about the price.

Effectiveness: When I get pre workouts my main goal that I hope to get out of the product is the pump and focus I get from the product. Because as a seventeen year old I certainly don't need energy.
Pump: The pump was very good the first maybe 15 workouts (or half the tub) after that it kind of fell off and I didn't get the same pump as before but it still wS better then any other pre workout I've used.
Focus: The focus or tunnel vision I get from this is beyond anything I've ever experienced with any other product, within 15 minutes of taking it I was so focused and Motivated and just in that don't F*** with me mood. And it lasted the entire workout, when my workout was done I just sat in the locker room for 30-45 minutes sometimes just waiting for the effects to eventually wear off.
Energy: As I previously stated I certainly don't lack energy but with this the energy was still amazing. If I took it within 8 hours of when I was planning on going to bed it would sometimes keep me awake for am extra 2 or 3 hours which didn't bother me because I'm on break but it did start to get very annoying not being able to fall asleep when it was desired. I'm still not sure why it gave me such an energy boost with 200 mg of cafffeine per serving and I never used more than one serving.
Vascularity: I don't usually use a pre workout to get the road map veins but with this it just was there. My veins looked swollen all day and especially during my workout, which I guess was just an extra bonus for me

Taste: When it comes to pre workouts I don't really mind the taste because I just chug it and go, although there are some I tried that were god awful. But the first time I used this I got grape and I'd give it a 7. It tasted almost like kids cough syrup. It didn't taste bad but it left an odd and unpleasant after taste. But I just picked up there new flavor of cherry limeade because I loved the M5 cherry limeade and the taste was certainly a 10 it left no after taste at all, was smooth going down and just had an overall pleasent taste.

Mixability: As with most pre workouts it was semi difficult to mix, there was always little pieces that fell to the bottom of the blender bottle so I just added a few more ounces of water swishes it around and it did the trick.

Value: Well.. In a word it's just expensive. I got it on a buy one get one half with my AfterGlow so for the 2 it was a little over 100 bucks. Normally I beileve this is 70 bucks with no discount or anything so value is to me the only downfall. And it's a huge downfall.

Overall: I would definitely reccomened this product if you have the cash then go for it and I'm sure you'll be impressed by it. It gives great pump, energy, focus, etc.

I just picked up Cellucors C4 at my local GNC. (I don't know how they got it but they did) so in a week I'll be starting that and see how it compares to this, all though I beileve this will be tough to beat.

Also I would like to apologize in advance for any typos because I'm reviewing this product off of my phone.
joeflah13

As a preface, I'm giving this product such a high rating for value because I got it for $30 at GNC after I convinced the salesman to take the price down from $70. I was walking around the GNC looking for something I could possibly afford and I was having no luck since everything there was upwards of $70 bucks. I was holding this product when he said he could take Jack3d down to $30 for me, and then he promptly went on about how bad Jack3d was. He told me it would only give me a caffeine buzz and that its awful quality (I was laughing on the inside). He told me that since Jack3d was "so bad" he would knock the price of this down for me to $30. I figured why not for comparisons sake and went and bought this instead, and I'm stoked that I did. Just reading the ingredient profile convinced me that this was a great product: complex carbs only, kre-alkalyn, 3 types of arginine, 3 types on glutamine, caffeine, other stims, glycerol, etc. It also has 30 servings so it would last me upwards of 4 weeks. I bought the Raspberry-Lemonade flavor and it tastes awesome. I would compare it to the Blue-Raspberry flavored Assault with a bit of a chemically lemon aftertaste. It's enjoyable actually. The pumps I got from the product were great, and I took it about 15 minutes preworkout on a bi/tri day. The energy surpassed the Assault and the focus rivaled that I got from Jack3d, so this product performed all around. I'm really glad I got this instead of the Jack3d because it tastes much better and delivers better pumps. This is right behind Assault in terms of Pre-Workouts for me, I love it and recommend it completely.

-JF
  November 14, 2012

GREAT SUPPLEMENT hands down. Have gone through 2 tubs so far, and I love it. Usually what I have done is anywhere between 8-12 weeks with the Pump Fuel then I switch over to ACG3 for about a month and a half just to give my body a break and keep it from getting too used to the Pump Fuel and risk decreasing its effectiveness. Even though the tub reads one scoop serving size, as I got more and more used to it I took anywhere between 1 1/2 to 2 scoops, but never exceeded that amount. While taking I had some great gains, went from struggling to hold my weight at 165lbs, to now holding over 180lbs strong (this after a few tubs, consistent lifting, and eating everything in site) However the point is, I had tried a lot of pre-workouts and Pump Fuel hands down worked the best. Extremely strong pump, no crash, noticeable energy and strength gains. I would definitely recommend it during any bulking phase. Personally though I would stick to the original Platinum Pump Fuel, I noticed when I bought a tub of the V2 Pump Fuel I began to get very itchy after taking it. I believe this was due to the enhanced amount of BA and Arginine it had. Though as always to each his own, however I HIGHLY recommend Platinum Pump Fuel, worth the money period.
  • Good Focus
  • Contains Kre-alkalyn (big Plus)

well this is my first review on a supplement so lets put it nice and easy.First i went today to GNC got my gold card and got a 20% off on the supplement i have taken many supplements and the best to this day is Platinum Pump Fuel trust me.

overall:great supplement i recommend it becuase im 16 years old and im in the age that i want to be jack like a 25 years old guy!

effectiveness: great pump gets you in to a great adrenaline for a great workout or pre-workout.

taste:it comes in a couple of flavors i recommend raspberry lemonade good taste to it.

side effects:nothing sence the start of me taking the supplement has happend to me but not everyone has the same body so this or anyother supplement may vary.

other comparicins: this is a great supplement beats NOexlpode! but both are great Muscle Builders.

value: to me its cheap becuase of the GNC gold card other then that its expensive but come on the gold card only cost 10 dolars apply today.

like it says on the jar drink 30 min. before workout and dont drink 4 houts before bed timeand no more then 2 servings in 24.I hope you new pump fuel consumers like this supplements cuz i shore do. and that part that says dont drink under ages of 18 hey im 16 nothing has happend to me ever sence i started drinking it.

May 29, 2011

This product has been very good as my first pre workout product ever. I was very skeptical about taking a pre workout and the contents in them but this one started me on the pre workout road and I haven't looked back. I can't believe I've worked out without them. Never again though. To my review though this was a great product for pumps. It helped a great deal and the pumps were explosive. When I drank this I had to get in the gym and workout and it made me want to push more weight. My only issue was I got nervous and jittery off it so I had to discontinue use. Even though it made me jitter and nervous I still have to take it every now and then because I love the product so much. The taste is outstanding as well. The price is high but its a quality product what can I say. If the price point was better and I didn't get that side effect it would be 10 across the board.
  • Jitters
  • Nervous

Value- I bought PMD's pump fuel at around christmas time with a giftcard and new members discount at GNC for about 40 bucks paying 15 out of my own pocket which is why i gave it a 7 on value because its normally 70. 50 if you have a gold card.

taste- I bought the raspberry lemonade which is very delicious except for a mild after taste which i think is because of the ingredients but taste isn't a very good deciding factor so now ill move on to the effectiveness

effectiveness- for the first month or so of taking...

effectiveness- for the first month or so of taking pump fuel I could definitely feel a very intense pump that i have only experienced through SP250 before and even while doing simple barbell curls my forearms felt like they were going to explode!!! and I also attribute a really good pump in my lats from this product as well because normally for me its hard to get a good lat pump. but that's not all i actually got a good pump everywhere!

Focus- the focus in this product is very intense because with other PWO I find my mind wandering in between sets but on this product i was immediately ready to start the next set and I was already reviewing my previous set and thinking of new things to do. the only thoughts running through my mind

Con- the only con that i could think of is that towards the end of the tub my body just didn't react to this product as much as it used to but none the less that's not a reason not to buy this! its an amazing product and if anyone can find a decent price or you don't mind spending a lot more this is definitely worth the investment
  • Built Tolerance

PMD Platinum Pump Fuel is by far the most impressive supplement I've taken to date. I take a scoop about 30 minutes prior to my workout, and honestly if you were to tell me I couldn't work out after taking it, I would probably knock you down on my way to the gym.

Pump Fuel uses Kre-Alkalyn, so there is no loading and no need to take on your off days. I don't like taking supplements unless absolutely necessary, so I really enjoy that facet of this supplement. I always hated "loading" creatine, even on days I didn't workout.

This product does produce a great amount of energy, some of which is likely due to the 200mg of caffeine it has. However, the great thing about Pump Fuel, is that it stays strong the entire workout. However, when I go home and wind down, I'm not jittery or irritable like I experienced with Jack3d.

In comparison to Jack3d, Pump Fuel in my opinion dominates. For one, Jack3d has Creatine Mono, compared to Pump Fuel having Kre-Alkalyn. I for one, do not like the bloated feeling and bowl movements usually delivered by Creatine Mono. However, there is more.

Jack3d contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, while Pump Fuel contains none. 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is known to be a fairly dangerous product, linked to heart attacks, stroke and other health related risks. 1,3-Dimethylamylamine also causes vasoconstriction, which if you don't know what THAT is, I HIGHLY advise you look it up, because it's a VERY regular side effect with 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, which Jack3d contains.

Overall, once I take Pump Fuel, even if I didn't want to go to the gym prior, I end up wanting to go after I take it. I get no bloating, I get more reps in and am able to complete at least one or two more exercises per workout as opposed to when I am off Pump Fuel.

Too many people just want insane amounts of energy when they are looking into a pre-workout, however knowing what you are putting in your body is equally important. Those reasons are why I think Pump Fuel is hands down the safest, best value and best results you can get from a pre-workout supplement.
  • Prolonged Energy
  • Great Pumps

This is the 4th and last pre workout drink I will try. I know everyone reacts differently to different supplements, but in my experience pre workout drinks are overpriced and overhyped. I stupidly let the guy at GNC talk me into this stuff. It would be one thing if the price was $20 or $30, but $70!?!? I took it exactly as directed. I got a mild engery rush from the caffeine and that's about it. Unlike a lot of guys, I don't need to be Jacked out of my mind to have a good workout. Intensity and focus has never been a problem becuase I actually enjoy it. Aside from that, I didn't notice any increase in strength or endurance. In my experience, kre-alkalyn creatine is no better than a quality grade monohydrate that is taken correctly (another story for another time). On the bright side, the cherry flavor does taste pretty awesome. So in summary, if you want a $70 cherry limeade with some caffeine in it, by all means buy it. If not, I would steer clear and save your money.
johnnyt3
  November 1, 2010

In short, Pump Fuel is a very effective pwo, similar both ingredient-wise and in effectiveness to Muscle Pharm's Assault. Like Assault, it's not going to wow you with absurd amounts of raw energy, but it will certainly give you a hearty dollop of 'giddyup' and put you where you want to be from a focus standpoint. And the pumps? They are TRULY something special..worth the price of purchase alone, guaranteed. PPF does contain creatine, Kre Alkalyn to be specific, a product which I am very high on. While the price is a tad high, and it's a bit difficult to find (I want to say it's only available at franchise GNC stores), it is absolutely worth a shot. What sets it apart is a few things;
1) The taste, at least of the raspberry lemonade, which is all I can vouch for, is absolutely incredible. It mixes great with a shaker cup, it's smooth, and just a total pleasure to drink.

2) NO PROPRIATARY BLEND! A rarity in the supplement world. You can actually look at the label and see the exact amounts of the ingredients that you are paying for..amazing, but true!

3) No diminishing return. The problem I have with almost all pwo's is that they stop being effective after you take them for awhile. I am currently on my third jug of Pump Fuel, and I can honestly say it worked just as well today as it did the first time I used it.

If you are in the market for a pre-workout supp, give this a go. The sticker says $60, but the guys at GNC are always able to knock it down for you..I pay about $45, and while there are cheaper products, I don't think there are many much better.
JoeVaughn23
  April 6, 2010

I was recommended this product from a friend and decided to give it a try. It was amazing. The first couple of days you start this product you won't see huge gains but a week in you will be so surprised. My weight went up on most workouts. And you get insane vascularity. The taste isn't great the first time but you will not have a problem once you take it a couple times. The only thing I did not like was the price is insanely high. It's $90 at GNC but with a GNC or student discount it'll drop around $72. If you want size and people turning their heads towards you in the gym then I would recommend this product.
  • Increase Strength
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.