Amplify XL Reviews

By: PMD

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Amplify XL is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by PMD. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (15)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Rapidly digested form of protein rich in amino acids that helps support lean body mass gains and muscle protein synthesis.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Purest form of whey protein that maximizes protein synthesis and minimizes muscle breakdown with almost no carbs or fats.

COMPARE SIMILAR

shipyz
  May 30, 2011

ok finished up this protein and probably gona get some more in the next up and coming gold card week ay GNC

effectiveness: 10, this is a good lean protein. it is comprised of whey and egg so it is some what fast digesting so its good for post workout but also for any time of the day(mid meal, morning, pre bed). it is 41 grams of protein. I felt fuller and stronger during my time using Amplify XL. it put good weight on but not fat. presses went up good but not really that much more than usual. squat did go up good 25lb while on this but im not sure wether or not this protein had anything to do with it.

mixability: 10, this is a very good mixing protein never had a problem with mixing this with milk or water blender or shaker bottle. although realize that this does have flax seeds in it that makes the consistensy weird at first.

taste: 9, when i first got this protein the salesman had taste samples from chocolate and vanilla. the chocolate was very creamy and good but i really liked the vanilla because it unncanily tasted like marshmellows. people are worried about the flaxseeds but some how i realy liked what it did to the thickness and consistency. it is not what you expect to find from seeds and the dont fill to the bottom of the drink. there is one down fall. it tasted wierd putting other ingrediants into the mix. i used to put peanutbutter and oats or strawberrys and banannas into my shakes and they both feel ockward since the shake is already very thick. other than that overall great taste.

value: 6, the day of getting this i really wanted this protein so i paid 84 dollars for it. people had been telling me about it and i had been reading reviews and then i tasted it so i didnt want to wait till gold card week, it has 30 servings but i only used a scoop and a half at a time with a serving being 3 scoops so that definiatly uped the value for me. on gold card week you can get this for about 50 dollars for 4lb tub so thats a pretty good value but still not as good as SciVation or Dymatize.

overall: 8, great amino profile great results but harder on the bank than other well known proteins
mloui89
  June 26, 2012

I have tried 3 flavors Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Every flavor is great.

Taste: 9-10 of 10
In my opinion the Chocolate tops the syntha-6 chocolate. The taste is great and it mixes very easily for a protein just fine in a blender bottle.The Chocolate has little chocolate chips yes chips in it so its delightful except the chocolate chips do settle which can be lame. The next flavoris strawberry which again is delightful and vanilla is still great but they hit the flavor on the nose so vanilla gets old by the end of the 5lb.

Effectiveness: 10 of 10
This is where this protein shines. The Amino Acid profile on this is ridiculous it has a good combo to make up the 41 gram protein serving. It shines tome because the protein complex is great why, isolates, egg proteins a good combo. 500 mg digestive enzymes which isnt a whole lot buts enough to ease the whey on the stomach and ease the load. lastly the 1.5 grams flax seed is good solid fats which aid in recovery. everyone knows fats are essential for a solid recovery what better idea than to throw them in on your protein.im alos a big advocate of low cholesterol protein and this sits at 10 mg where most are 30-40 mg.

Value: 8 of 10
My local GNC pushes these for 64 on a an EDLP so its legit 5 lbs which is 30 41 gram protein servings is a solid buy. the days you only need little proteins cause your diet is high cut the servings in half on days you need the 40 take the 40. the price is arguably a little high but for the quality taste and effectiveness its clearly worth it.

Overall 9 of 10

i like this a lot its easy on my stomach tastes great i recover well. mixes with water or milk. the only downfall is the price but compared to sat optimum nutrition 100% whey its not bad you get 70 servings of 24 proteins 100% for 53 amp xl you get 60 servings of 20 for 63. lose ten servings spend 10 more gain double the quality.
  • High Quality
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Flax Seed
  • Pricey?
  • Vanilla Is To Vannila Like
PieEyedPiper
  December 28, 2010

I tried Amplify XL due to being pleased with other PMD (NDS) Products such as Arsenal X and Platinum Pump Fuel.

This is an excellent Whey Protein. The problem I have with it, is comparative value. This product contains 60g per serving, with 45g of Protein per serving. Being at 75% Purity, this is a really good protein, however, a cheaper brand like Optimum Nutrition is just as good.

Amplify XL tastes very good, however what I believe were the Flaxseeds were a bit disturbing. When mixing protein, most people want it as smooth as can be. However the Flaxseeds obviously won't dissipate as you shake, so you are left with a feeling when drinking the protein that it isn't quite mixed all the way. I know it's just perception, but I don't like chunks in my protein.

I used the Chocolate Caramel Flavor, and it wasn't much different in taste than regular Chocolate Whey. It is very comparable in taste to Optimum Nutrition.

I just finished my tub of Amplify XL, and while I was pleased with the supplements' overall performance, I wasn't necessarily blown away in comparison to ON Whey. I suppose given the inclusion of BCAA's, Amplify XL would compare to ON HydroWhey, however with a bit higher price tag. I am not one to complain about paying a bit more for supplements if they are worth the increase in price, however when the results are the same, I don't see the point in even spending a nickel more.

Basically, it comes down to price for me. If Amplify XL and ON HydroWhey were the same price, I would probably go with Amplify XL. However, due to the cheaper price tag, I believe I will be switching back to ON for my Protein Products.