Amplify XL

By: PMD

Amplify XL is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by PMD. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

What should I take with Amplify XL?
shipyz
  May 30, 2011

ok finished up this protein and probably gona get some more in the next up and coming gold card week ay GNC

effectiveness: 10, this is a good lean protein. it is comprised of whey and egg so it is some what fast digesting so its good for post workout but also for any time of the day(mid meal, morning, pre bed). it is 41 grams of protein. I felt fuller and stronger during my time using Amplify XL. it put good weight on but not fat. presses went up good but not really that much more than usual. squat did go up good 25lb while on this but im not sure wether or not this protein had anything to do with it.

mixability: 10, this is a very good mixing protein never had a problem with mixing this with milk or water blender or shaker bottle. although realize that this does have flax seeds in it that makes the consistensy weird at first.

taste: 9, when i first got this protein the salesman had taste samples from chocolate and vanilla. the chocolate was very creamy and good but i really liked the vanilla because it unncanily tasted like marshmellows. people are worried about the flaxseeds but some how i realy liked what it did to the thickness and consistency. it is not what you expect to find from seeds and the dont fill to the bottom of the drink. there is one down fall. it tasted wierd putting other ingrediants into the mix. i used to put peanutbutter and oats or strawberrys and banannas into my shakes and they both feel ockward since the shake is already very thick. other than that overall great taste.

value: 6, the day of getting this i really wanted this protein so i paid 84 dollars for it. people had been telling me about it and i had been reading reviews and then i tasted it so i didnt want to wait till gold card week, it has 30 servings but i only used a scoop and a half at a time with a serving being 3 scoops so that definiatly uped the value for me. on gold card week you can get this for about 50 dollars for 4lb tub so thats a pretty good value but still not as good as SciVation or Dymatize.

overall: 8, great amino profile great results but harder on the bank than other well known proteins
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good

December 28, 2010

I tried Amplify XL due to being pleased with other PMD (NDS) Products such as Arsenal X and Platinum Pump Fuel.

This is an excellent Whey Protein. The problem I have with it, is comparative value. This product contains 60g per serving, with 45g of Protein per serving. Being at 75% Purity, this is a really good protein, however, a cheaper brand like Optimum Nutrition is just as good.

Amplify XL tastes very good, however what I believe were the Flaxseeds were a bit disturbing. When mixing protein, most people want it as smooth as can be. However the Flaxseeds obviously won't dissipate as you shake, so you are left with a feeling when drinking the protein that it isn't quite mixed all the way. I know it's just perception, but I don't like chunks in my protein.

I used the Chocolate Caramel Flavor, and it wasn't much different in taste than regular Chocolate Whey. It is very comparable in taste to Optimum Nutrition.

I just finished my tub of Amplify XL, and while I was pleased with the supplements' overall performance, I wasn't necessarily blown away in comparison to ON Whey. I suppose given the inclusion of BCAA's, Amplify XL would compare to ON HydroWhey, however with a bit higher price tag. I am not one to complain about paying a bit more for supplements if they are worth the increase in price, however when the results are the same, I don't see the point in even spending a nickel more.

Basically, it comes down to price for me. If Amplify XL and ON HydroWhey were the same price, I would probably go with Amplify XL. However, due to the cheaper price tag, I believe I will be switching back to ON for my Protein Products.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.