Home > Categories > Weight Loss > Other Weight Loss > PharmaFreak > Ripped Freak

PharmaFreak Ripped Freak

Suspicious reviews have been discovered. Please see: PharmaFreak (Test Freak) FAKE Review posted by a REP!!!
Ripped Freak PharmaFreak
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (14 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

VPX Clenbutrx Reviews
Clenbutrx (17 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Beta Stim Reviews
Beta Stim (6 Reviews)
Genomyx Decimate Reviews
Decimate (1 Review)
Lecheek Nutrition Hyper T2 Reviews
Hyper T2 (8 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

VPX Meltdown Reviews
Meltdown (16 Reviews)
Nutrex Lipo 6x Reviews
Lipo 6x (13 Reviews)
MHP DREN Reviews
DREN (12 Reviews)
5.8
Power Performance Body Effects Reviews
Body Effects (10 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Suggestions about Ripped Freak
Does anyone know anything about ripped freak? Is this a good stuf? What this sup...

Ripped Freak: I Have a few questions comparing to Red Line
Hi I got the ripped freak the yellow one and I used before it the vpx red line, ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Ripped Freak Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Ripped Freak Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Only One To Two Pills A Day (10)
  • Appetite Suppressant (9)
  • Increased Energy (9)
  • Increased Focus (8)
  • Too Expensive (7)
  • Trouble Sleeping (4)
  • Not A Fat Burner At All (3)
  • Makes You Feel As If On Drugs (3)
June 11, 2013

Jpotter21

Reviews: 49

Age: 23

June 11, 2013
 A big thank you to Pharmafreak for the opportunity to try this out. Sorry it took a little long, I'll explain the reasoning in my review. On to the review.

Ingredients-7/10- One thing I've always admired about pharmafreak is their marketing of their products. Whether good or bad, on paper it always seems to look like they know what they are talking about. They use a lot of common ingredients found in most new fat burners on the market. It seems like they take a very simplistic approach, with a few added ingredients that you may have never heard of. They also give you a whopping 350mg of Caffeine. I do like that they dont use a prop blend, and they label everything clearly. Overall I feel a 7 is fair, because there isnt anything particularly unique about the ingredients. Other than a crazy high caffeine content.

Dosing- Dosing was first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The bottle says one pill is all you need, but I tried doing 2 pills a day for about two weeks but I wasnt sleeping. I think it was just to much caffeine. Thats 700mg of caffeine a day, plus my coffee. A bit much. One pill is all you need.

Effectiveness-8/10- I used this towards the end of my cycle and into my pct post aas. With that being said, I definitely think this was helpful in loosing a lot of the water and bloat I received from the compound I was running. I dropped around 10 lbs with this, which is fine. Keep in mind I put on 25lbs during my cycle. I wasn't trying to drop a bunch of weight going into my PCT. I was mainly concerned with eliminating the bloat and water weight from my cycle. Which this did a decent job. While taking this my face thinned out and a few people could tell I shrank a bit. I also so noticeable changes in the mirror, which is really all that matters. It also made me sweat like crazy,Had a nice thermo effect, and gave me some nice energy throughout the day. I feel an 8 is fair for this, as I do think there are better fat burners out there. But it did what I was looking for it to do.

Value-7/10- I've seen this most places for around 40-50$ which is a bit high for a fat burner. But if you use one pill per day it will last you two months, if you use two a day I wouldn't purchase this. There are much cheaper alternatives.

Overall-7/10- I feel like this product delivered for what I was looking for. So I cant argue with that. I do think that there are much cheaper alternatives on the market, and ones that have been around a lot longer. I would say do some shopping and look around before pulling the trigger on this. Maybe if you can catch it on a deal pick some up and give it a shot.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Only One To Two Pills A Day
  • Trouble Sleeping
May 5, 2013

lava135

Reviews: 82

Age: 47

May 5, 2013
 Thanks to the ER PRogram and the folks at PharmaFreak for a chance to try this. I'll say from the start that I responded well to this and enjoyed taking it.

They call this a hybrid fat burner because it addresses multiple fat burning pathways

1. Stimulates fat-burning hormones:
norepinephrine and epinephrine.

2. Increases hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL)activity.

3. Increases uncoupling protein (UCP1 and UCP2) content in the mitochondria.

I seriously have no way to judge any of those claims and pretty much every fat burner or thermo out there talks about how its found a unique way to activate a receptor or pathway so I get kind of "meh" in the whole fat burner marketing science.

FORMULA: 8/10

It's in a proprietary blend which makes it impossible to tell whether or not the amounts are efficacious but frankly, I'm not sure there's agreed upon data on some of these ingredients in the first place. In any case, the listed amounts for each sub group isn't really that helpful. They break the formula down into 3 sub blends: Fat Burning Metabolism Amplifier, Uncoupling Protein/Oxygen Utilisation Amplifier and hormone sensitive lipase fat mobilization amplifier.

Bottom line is lots of familiar fat burning ingredients: raspberry ketones, green tea extract, caffeine, green coffee extract, re pepper - the usual suspects that one expects to see in thermos to some extent. (Although usually not all in one - so that's a plus.)

However, there is one real gem in the mix and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the positive benefits that I felt/received came from this (or at least the synergy of this with the other ingredients): Oleuropein Aglycone, aka olive leaf extract.

There's a growing body of solid science on phenolics such as oleuropein and most studies are showing positive effects on HDL/LDL, triglycerides, insulin, blood glucose and nutrient absorption, blood pressure, cell adhesion, oxidation, etc. I do wish I knew how much was included so I could study it a bit more but overall I really think that this makes it stand out for me.

Overall, a thorough job on combining multiple standard fat burning ingredients into one product and like I said, I love the inclusion of the olive leaf extract.

Minus 1 for the prop blend.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10
I get a really wide variety of effects from fat burners, most of them limiting me in what I can do well during the day. Jitters, crash, just a general "off" feeling. I got none of these with this product. Others will say that this is too low stim for them, but for me, its the opposite. I love the fact that I can get solid results without the rush. Overall I used this as part of a reduced macro diet and training and I'm still seeing positive changes in body composition. It didn't skitz me out or may me feel like crud and I didn't have to dick around with multiple dosing during the day, so yes, it was quite effective on many fronts. I dropped body fat and this helped. Nuff said.

DOSING: 9.5/10
One cap per day in the early AM is all you need. It says that you can take an optional second cap in the afternoon and occasionally I did that, but in general, it doesn't get any more simple than this.

VALUE: 8/10
PharmFreak is not the cheapest line of products out there. (I think that applies to their entire product line in general.) This can be found for around $35-40 dollars online which equates to roughly 45 days of 1 cap with occasional 2 cap doses or 60 days using 1 cap per day. However, that's pretty much in line (maybe a touch higher) with OxyECA Black or OEP.

OVERALL: 8/10
I really responded well to this and I personally love the fact that its every bit as effective as some of the other stim heavy thermos out there but without any of the stim based side effects.

Bottom line is that it did indeed help me to lose fat at an affordable price. Is there really anything else we need from it?
Pros:
Cons:
  • No Stim-heavy Side Effects
  • Only One To Two Pills A Day
  • Increased Fat Loss

Joined: 9/2010
    Reviews: 69
    Reputation: +2173
    nice review bro. They definitely have a different approach to supplements. I got their flex freak too as well and it seemed severely underdosed, but worked great fro my joints.

April 13, 2012

Reviews: 55

Age: 28

April 13, 2012
     Thanks to PharmaFreak and SR.com’s Expert Reviewer program for allowing me to try Ripped Freak for free. You can read more about my experiences with Ripped Freak on my product testing log: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=17764.0.

Ripped Freak was the last of the trifecta of products I received from PharmaFreak and honestly it was probably my favorite. The product is marketed as a “hybrid” fat-burner and includes ingredients like green tea extract, caffeine, red pepper extract, and raspberry ketones.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: N/A
    No issues. Small caps with a pleasant, fruity odor.

EFFECTIVENESS: 6.2/10
    I experimented a lot with Ripped Freak to try and gauge its effectiveness in a variety of situations. Primarily I ran it 2 caps per day, dropping each cap before a meal if possible. I felt NO effects from this product. No stimulation, no jitters, no thermogenic effect, nothing. Nowhere near the potency of OEP. I even tried dosing RF right before working out, something I never do with heavy burners, and still the product had no noticeable effect.

In regards to cutting, RF did give a slight boost in weight loss. I was in a slump when I started Ripped Freak and didn’t really notice any long term results other than a slight leaning-out. I stopped the product for a while then restarted with a revitalized eating plan and workout regimen. I saw better results but still nothing remarkable. Once again I get the sense that PharmaFreak is on target with ingredients but simply under-dosing their product. I really like the profile of Ripped Freak but I think some of the amounts of the key extracts need to be increased for a better effect.

After running most of the bottle I had the thought that this would be a great burner for women. In the interest of research I put aside a few caps and had my wife, who is around 110lbs and half my size, try one cap per day. She really liked it and had a nice boost in clean energy along with an increase in body temperature. Of course she saw no true effects after taking only a few pills, but I think she would have gotten a lot more out of an entire bottle than I did.

VALUE: 5.5/10
    Although not as overpriced as Amino Freak, Ripped Freak is still on the high end in regards to price point. Currently 60 caps of RF will cost you $45 on BB.com. 90 caps of OEP is only $42 and much more potent. Though Ripped Freak only calls for one dose daily with an optional second serving (a bit of a rarity considering most call for 3+ pills per day); Animal Cuts, HydroxyStim, and ShredMatrix would all provide more value for your money.

OVERALL: 5.9/10
    PharmaFreak is on the right track with their supplement line; however they need some major adjustment of their price points and ingredient profiles in order to become more competitive. Ripped Freak is no different. Personally I prefer burners with more punch however if RF was cheaper I could certainly see running it as a secondary supporter in a solid cutting stack. For most regular lifters, RF probably isn’t going to be the best thermo choice.

Where I think RF has potential is for stim-sensitive individuals, first-time thermogenic users, and petite women. As mentioned my wife really liked this product and actually felt its effects. Considering RF is mild and yet maintains a strong profile makes it a good choice for the aforementioned people in my opinion. If you fall into one of those categories then give this product a glance, otherwise you’ll probably want to look elsewhere for your weight-loss supplementation.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Fat Loss
    • Good For First-timers
    • Good For Women
    • No Sides
    • Very Mild
    • Underdosed
    • Minimal Effects

Joined: 8/2011
    Reputation: +3047
    very nice review broski. i liked the RF but not as potnent as i would of liked. there best product was the test freak by far.

Reviews: 50
    Reputation: +879
    Can't wait for their next product, Freak on a Leash! Sounds insane.

Reply #3:

Reputation: +2173

Reply #7:

Reviews: 50
    Reputation: +879
    I swear man, chichi is the only one that can get away with simply posting a link to a meme as a reply to a review. Lol

March 8, 2012

Age: 28

March 8, 2012
     Today was the last day of my ripped freak hybrid fat burner that I had received from the expert review club. This was a very odd and different type of fat burner and I have to say I was very skeptical of their claims. This product was not a stim heavy product at all making it great for someone who does heavy weight training that likes to use a strong PWO like I do. I started using this product as directed and by week 3 I started using it like any other burner. I do want to thank the Expert review team for allowing me to be part of the club. Now for my unbiased review on ripped freak hybrid fat burner!

---------Taste/Dose/Pill size 9/10-----------
    It was an easy to swallow pill no taste really except if it breaks open in your mouth. This product did produce the normal root and bark taste if consumed on an empty stomach. The pills in this container are your basic split cap with content inside average in size not like some others we have had to muscle down. Dose was simple 1 before breakfast on empty stomach and second dose was 1 before lunch again on close to an empty stomach. By week three I did up the dose a bit to 2 in the am on an empty and 1 in the afternoon. Pretty basic protocol if you ask me simple and hard to forget if you have a routine.

------------Effectiveness 7/10--------------
    I liked this product’s concept as it takes an all natural approach to this unique hybrid fat metabolizer/ burner. This product was capable of burning fat while keeping you from feeling the crack head stim feeling while you sweat like a little piggy. This product worked really well hand in hand with any PWO and even allowed me to do cardio while on it. This to me was close to a recreate and oxydrene blend with a slight stim feeling.
    I did notice over the 25 day supply that my midsection was slowly shrinking down moving some of the fat out of my body. I also noticed that I became more frequent having movements 3times a day. Total weight loss is tough to judge on this product since I have been trying hard to build muscle in the abs and core area. I can say I’m tighter in all the right spots and there has been noticeable love handle and lower abdominal fat loss. another thing this pill does is curbs that appetite very nicely so if its an over eating thing you have this will work very nice

----------Content 8/10----------------------
    This product is unique since pharma-freak was able to construct a hybrid (mix of two or more compounds) that work well together to achieve a goal well performing there separate jobs. Here is a quick break down of the ingredients *note if you don’t have a PhD it may be hard to read.

RIPPED FREAK FORMULA 766.6mg

FAT BURNING METABOLISM AMPLIFIER 400mg
    Methyl EGCG™ (EGCG Derivative Stack) (Green Tea Extract/Camellia Sinensis)
    -Epigallocatechin-3-0-(3-0-Methyl)gallate Ester (EGCG 3' 'Me) †
    -Epigallocatechin-3-0-(4-0-Methyl)gallate Ester (EGCG 4' 'Me) †
    -4'-0-Methyl-Epigallocatechin-3-0-Gallate Ester (EGCG 4'Me) †
    -Epigallocatechin-3-0-(3,4-0-Methyl)gallate Ester (EGCG 3' '4' 'diMe) †
    -4'-0-Methyl-Epigallocatechin-3-0-(4-0-Methyl)gallate Ester (EGCG 4'4' 'diMe) †
    Oleuropein Aglycone (Olive Leaf Extract/Olea Europaea) †
    1,3,7-Trimethyl-1H-Purine-2,6(3H,7H)-Dione Methyl Gallate Ester (Caffeine) (Coffee/Coffea Arabica, Whole Bean) †

UNCOUPLING PROTEIN / OXYGEN UTILIZATION AMPLIFIER 200mg
    Red Pepper Ester Stack (CH-19 Sweet Red Pepper Extract/Capsicum Annum, Fruit) (0.75% Capsiate)
    4-Hydroxy-3-Methoxybenzyl (E)-8-Methyl-6-Nonenoate Ester †
    4-Hydroxy-3-Methoxybenzyl 8-Methyl-Nonanoate Ester †
    4-Hydroxy-3-Methoxybenzyl 7-Methyl-Octanoate Ester †

HORMONE SENSITIVE LIPASE FAT MOBILIZATION AMPLIFIER 166.6mg
    4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Methyl Ethyl Ketone (Raspberry Ketone) †
    4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-Butanone Methyl Gallate Ester (Raspberry Ketone - Gallic Acid)

The main stim is green tea with a touch of caffeine also the ketone was a nice addition to this capsule. The oxygen utilization is what reminds me of Oxydrene, Enriching blood cells to assist in removing stored fat.

-----------Value 4/10----------------------
    Yes this product worked and yes I did get it free from the expert club, but to place a $45.00+ shipping tag on it is steep. There are other products out there that are cheaper and can perform the same thing as this with a low stim fat burn and an oxygen enhancer to assist in fat cell removal and breakdown. If you have the free flowing cash give it a shot but if your supplement dough is low it will be hard to afford your essentials while trying to afford this as well. For a price tag like this I would want to see a little more results even with my diet and consistent workouts I have seen better results on cheaper burners.

Overall I will say this product works as it is designed to but for the price it will make it a tough sell. I will give this product a maybe since I had some results while using it. If Pharma-freak lowers the price while keeping the same 766.6mg hybrid blend per serving this product will sell more bottles I will guarantee that.

-k-

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Appetite Suppressant
    • No Crash
    MMAFreak
    MMAFreak

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 40
    Reputation: +1729
    Solid review brother!

Joined: 8/2011
    Reputation: +3047
    i thank you! it was nice but i don't think i would break the bank for it. if it was 29.95 it would be so worth it.

Reply #3:

JohnBouchell

Joined: 12/2011
    Reviews: 6
    Reputation: +49
    Excellent as always Hulk. And I hope to see you around - movin' on here bro. Keep up the good work!

John

February 2, 2014

livetoday823

Reviews: 10

Age: 34

February 2, 2014
    Great rush, then great jitters!

In my lifetime, I have probably tried somewhere in the neighborhood of 45-50 pre workout formulas. Some are straight forward (just creatine), others are chock full of goodies. Ripped Freak, you feel the rush of the stims right away. However, I'm not sure how much caffeine or other stims are in it because I instantly (well near instant) got jitters at the same time. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance, I put away 3 cups of coffee everyday.

The downside to Ripped Freak was the rush went away pretty quickly, roughly 40 minutes. With SO many pres on the market these days, I wouldn't buy this one again.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • Makes You Feel As If On Drugs
    May 29, 2013

devincd15

Reviews: 1

Age: 16

May 29, 2013
    Not Good At All

I have taken Riped Freak for about a month with a strict diet and intense workouts. I was unable o see any results from this supplement. It did not give me any extra energy or supressed my appetite. I would not recomend this to anyone else. Next week I will begin with USPSlabs Oxyelite Pro which has received alot of great reviews.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Only One To Two Pills A Day
    • No Crash
    • Not A Fat Burner At All
    • Very Mild
    • Underdosed
    RodrigoRM
    RodrigoRM

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 4
    Reputation: +267
    This is not a fat burner! It is a diuretic which focuses on making you lose water weight only.

The product indicates it is not to be taken by anyone under the age of 18. OxyElite Pro has the same indication.

hawaii808
    hawaii808

Joined: 10/2013
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    Oxyelite was recently recalled. There has been over 40 cases in Hawaii of liver failure and all patients have taken Oxyelite. I woman from Maui died from it.

September 25, 2012

AverageAndy

Reviews: 6

Age: 20

September 25, 2012
     I did two cycles of this last year when I had fallen off the wagon. Heres a review!

Price: 6/10 As I remember this was on the expensive side, around $100NZD for a bottle which is pretty pricey.

Taste: 10/10 Pill form, easy peasy.

Focus:7.8/10 Pretty good focus, the first few times you use this you may feel euphoric and have excellent energy especially if you haven't used stims before. If you are stim tolerant like you will still get a good kick out of it. These effects very slowly go away as the body adapts but the build up of tolerance is quite slow so its good for a while.

Energy: 7.8/10 Good energy. Nearly great, but not quite. Can workout 2hours solid. Non jittery, a pure, stable and clear energy.

Appetite suppression: 6.5/10 did experience some suppression with this, but after a while the morning pill didint do anything so stopped taking it in the morn and took two before my workout on a empty stomach which worked out perfect. Felt very hungry a few hours after my workout.

After effects/sides: Maybe a little sleep loss if taken too late, but no anxiety or nervousness which is really great, very small amount of nausea first few tries and no crash.

Overall: 7.7/10 it IS a decent fat burner, it works and does it job well. It has very few sides which is great to see in a fat burner, with a good diet and exercise I did lose a few kilos!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • Appetite Suppressant
    • Only One To Two Pills A Day
    • I Got A Feel Good Feeling And Felt Motivated To Workout
    December 9, 2011

BubbaD

Reviews: 11

Age: 19

December 9, 2011
     I used as recommended, One pill in the morning and one 4 hours later. I used it in a combo with Testfreak and Creatinefreak when I was dieting down to compete for my natural body building competition. In the total of my diet training and what not I was able to lose 29lbs from my heaviest to weigh in. If used properly you will not experience any side effects or trouble sleeping, makes you feel alert and positive all day, I was motivated to do school work even while prepping for a show, tons of energy and the results were amazing.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • Appetite Suppressant
    • Only One To Two Pills A Day
    • I Got A Feel Good Feeling And Felt Motivated To Workout

Reputation: +1977
      Hmmmmmm

Reviews: 35
      Reputation: +2376
      hmmmmmmmmm I smell a rep.

November 13, 2011

BoyNamedJ

Reviews: 3

Age: 34

November 13, 2011
       I used this product for one month following the 1 pill in the morning and one at lunch method.
      For the 1st and 2nd days of use I gotta say, I felt the power and stimulants kicking in.
      It gave me the extra pump to push through my workouts.
      (For the record, i workout 4 days a week, 6:30am to 7:00am (cardio) 7-8 Weights))
      I'm currently in a 5x5 training for mass build and trying to cut some fat to show the gains.
      I'm also on a meal plan from a nutritionist. I eat clean and work out hard!
      Lost 5 lbs across the month of use, gained 6lb lean mass (-/+ 5%) for the machines reading.

By the 3rd week, I stopped feeling the effects for the product.
      I'm male, 6'1", 210lbs, 11% BF, and I think in general I have a tolerance to most stimulants.

All in all this is the 3 thermogenic / fat burner I have tried:

+ Caffeine ephedrine stack
      + RippedFreak
      + Spirodex

It's been the lease effective. Starting the Spirodex today and will post results when done.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Increased Focus
      • Appetite Suppressant
      • Built Up Tolerance Quick
      • Trouble Sleeping
      March 22, 2011

frankjames87

Reviews: 9

Age: 23

March 22, 2011
       I used this stuff for a month and seen no change in fat loss or energy. I know everyone is different when it comes to weight loss/thermogenic products so I don't know if it was just not right for me of if this stuff is trash. Here are what I found to be the PRO'S and CON'S of this product:

PRO'S-
      Price: One of the more cost effective weight loss products out there.

Dose Amount: Only two pills per day, some other products ie. Hydroxycut Hardcore is six per day

CON'S-
      Taste: This pills taste HORRIBLE!!! I take 12 pills of various supplements/vitamins and I had to take the one Ripped Freak all on it's own because it would gag every time.

Heartburn: This product gave me wicked heartburn about half hour after I would take it.

Like I said before Ripped Freak was not for me. But with all the fat burners out there, and all $50-$100 a bottle Ripped Freak is an inexpensive one to try out. Making it a good place to start for some one just starting out in the fat burner side of things.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Only One To Two Pills A Day
      • Heart Burn
      • Aweful Taste
      • Not A Fat Burner At All
      Str8up
      Str8up

Joined: 5/2011
      Reviews: 5
      Reputation: +28
      How was your cardio and nutrition?

Have you used Ripped Freak? Submit your own Review!