PharmaFreak Amino Freak

Suspicious reviews have been discovered. Please see: PharmaFreak (Test Freak) FAKE Review posted by a REP!!!
Amino Freak PharmaFreak
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (9 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9
Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof Reviews
Bullet Proof (36 Reviews)
APS Mesomorph Reviews
Mesomorph (32 Reviews)
SciVation Xtend (New Formula) Reviews
Xtend (New Formula) (29 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Amino Freak Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Amino Freak Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Solid Taste (4)
  • Improved Recovery (4)
  • Excellent Mixability (3)
  • Underdosed But Effective (3)
  • Too Expensive (8)
  • Underdosed Bcaa Profile (5)
  • Poor Value (3)
  • Not Effective (1)
July 27, 2013

shinndigg

Reviews: 61

Age: 26

July 27, 2013
Won't blow you away, but will get the job done.

A big thank you going out to the folks over at Pharm Freak for hooking up myself and the fellow ER's with their products. One of my favorite products to use is amino products, the right one is worth it's weight in gold. I had a chance to run the Amino Freak product in the tablet form, which is a first for me as far as aminos go.

Dosage: 6 tablets after workout.

Profile(7.5/10): Amino Freak has an interesting concept in it's formula. It starts with L-Carnitine L-Tartate which has been proven effective in helping to prevent muscle breakdown after exercise. 2 grams is the clincal dose and Amino Freak has 1.47 grams per 6 tablets so it is slightly underdosed in that. Next in the formula is BCAA's, 1 gram Leucine, 667mg Valine, and 556mg Isoleucine, also all underdosed. 1g Glutamine, 50mg of L-Theanine and 5mg AstraGin, a compound that helps in the absorption of aminos and other nutrients. All in all it's a well thought out, poorly executed profile underdosed in almost all it's ingredients.

Taste/Dosing(7/10): Shoveling down 6 tablets after a long hard workout is a bit of a nuisance, the tablets themselves aren't that large and the coating on the tablets is relatively tasteless and doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Effectiveness(8.5/10): Amino Freak did deliver as far as effectiveness and results go. I noticed decreased soreness and increased recovery. I noticed it work well especially after leg day, I was still walking like an old man but I had a little better range of motion. As far as increasing muscle mass the results were negligable.

Value(6/10): A bottle of these tabs will run you around 39 bucks, at 180 tabs and 6 per serving you get 30 servings for $1.30 per serving, ouch. You can find a lot better deals out there for recovery products that will work as well for much less in my opinion.

Overall, this product is fairly decent. It will do it's job as far as enhancing your recovery, but with underdosed ingredients, lots of tabs and a high price tag I would say buyer beware on this one.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Underdosed But Effective
  • Improved Recovery

Reputation: +2343
You're alive!?

May 13, 2013

Reviews: 82

Age: 47

May 13, 2013
Solid company but not their best product

I would like to thank the folks over at Pharma Freak for the opportunity to try their amino product, Amino Freak. I really loved their RippedFreak product so I was excited to give this one a try as well.

Profile: 7/10
I will echo what others have said in that it appears under dosed when compared to other products out there. Most popular BCAA products seem to have between 5-7g of aminos per scoop in varying ratios plus other additions such as cit mal, MCT, electrolytes, sustamine, etc. So most formulas aren’t just straight branch chain aminos anymore. AminoFreak is no different with the addition of calcium carbonate, LCLT, glutamine, theanine and Astrigin. To me the best of this bunch is the LCLT, which I really like. Anyway, here the main items in the 1 scoop profile:
LCLT – 735mg
BCAA – 1611.5mg
Glutamine, Calcium Carbonate – 500mg
L-Theanine – 25 mg
Astrigin – 2.5 mg

Like I already said, most appear to be under dosed and I suspect that the Astrigin is considerably under dosed since I’m currently evaluating the product in capsule form from NuLiv Science and I take 2 Astrigin caps per day which contain 50mg each. However, it does contains the usual ingredients that people look for in a BCAA or Intra so nothing really out of place except possible dosing limitations.

Taste & Mixing: 8.5/10
This mixes without residue and has a great taste. I received blue raspberry and while a touch on the strong side it was tasty mixed with a bit more water and I had no trouble sipping this. It’s perfect for putting in my water bottle with some ice and sipping during the afternoon while I’m out working in the hot sun.

Again, although seemingly under-dosed, this is an effective BCAA product. I used this as both an an intra (2 scoops) and as something to drink during the day (1 scoop). It provided similar recovery that I get from MBCAA or XTEND but fell significantly short of 360Cut or Cor Performance BCAA in terms of effectiveness.

At 1 scoop dosing, you get 45 servings which come out around .70 cents per serving, which is right in the middle of the BCAA price range. It’s cheaper than Cellucor which comes in around $1.00 but more than AMS Body Mortar and MBCAA+ which can be had for less than .50 per serving. If you have to go to 2 scoops, then obviously value plummets with AminoFreak coming in as the most expensive, almost at $1.50 per serving which is totally unrealistic for a BCAA product. I contrast this to Muscle Feast Anabolic Competition, the hands done best intra ever, which is actually less expensive (roughly $1.35 per serving) at one scoop but effective at half a scoop.

It’s a close call, but I’m not going to recommend this. My decision is based solely on price vs performance. It is a solid, middle of the road product that achieves effectiveness despite being seemingly under dosed. And that’s a big plus in my book. Unfortunately it comes in at a premium price and while I’ve rated some expensive products highly in the past, this one just doesn’t seem to have quite the bang for the buck that I’m looking for in an intra. However, if the price point were to come down, I think it would be a more more attractive option for people. PharmaFreak is a solid company that I have no problem recommending; this particular product just falls short.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Solid Recovery
  • Solid Taste
  • Excellent Mixability
April 29, 2013

Age: 23

April 29, 2013
 I would like to thank PharmaFreak for participating in the ER program. I was lucky enough to receive Amino Freak in powder form.

Ingredient Profile:

When looking at the tub, I immediately noticed the profile being weak. Even at 2 scoops, the profile was a disappointment. The BCAAs are underdosed by our standards on here. The ratio of BCAAs is "clinically Validated" at 45% Leucine, 30% Valine, and 25% Isoleucine. I could care less for ratios as long as the product works however. I like the addition of CarniFlex(L-Carnitine L-Tartrate), as well as the addition of Astragin, which is supposed to increase the absorption of aminos and certain vitamins.

Taste/Mix:(9.6/10)

Mixes very well, and the taste is probably the second best amino product I have ever had. Only Blox is above this IMO. I had the Blue Raspberry flavor. Very smooth, and it was always a pleasure to drink.

Effectiveness:(7.5/10)

I took this as an intra. I noticed increased endurance and recovery between sets. That is pretty much what I look for in amino products, but I was disappointed at the lack of overall recovery. Off day recovery just wasn't there. I experimented with one scoop several times and during those workouts my endurance and recovery were just not the same. You pretty much need 2 scoops to get anything out of Amino Freak

At 2 scoops, it works as fairly well compared to other intras, such as XTend, but it has nothing on MBCAA or even Amino X in my opinion.

Value:(5/10)

Seriously, this is the biggest problem, even worse than the underdosed ingredients. I found this on Amazon for around $35. For 22.5 servings, I would not buy this. There are plenty of other products out there that work just as well, if not better, and are much cheaper. If it were under $25, I might reconsider, but it would never be a go-to intra.

Overall:(6/10)

Amino Freak does work fairly well, yet for the price and weak profile, there is no real way I could recommend this. It does taste good and it does deliver noticeably at the full dosage, but at $35+, there are plenty of other products out there that will work better. If PharmaFreak would add a few more grams of BCAAs, I wouldn't mind buying this every now and then, but even then, the price would be too high for it to be a staple.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Solid Taste
  • Excellent Mixability
  • Improved Recovery

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 82
Reputation: +3578
Good review. I got this as well and I find it to be exactly on par with Xtend.

Reputation: +2343
Thanks lava.

April 20, 2012

Meuth

Reviews: 40

Age: 35

April 20, 2012
  I was given the opportunity to use a bottle of Amino Freak and give an honest review. My experiences with amino supplements are:

Universal Amino Tabs
Universal Amino Fuel (liquid)
ON Superior Amino Tabs
Xtend Intra
MBCAA
Purple Wraath

I have been a fan of the tablet form of aminos for years. The way I normally take them is four right before bed. I’ve found that letting them digest overnight while I’m “fasting” during my sleep has given me the best results in reduction of soreness and weight gain too.

What Amino Freak claims to do:

The unique Amio Freak formula is clinically shown to:
Upregulate anabolic hormone receptors sites
Enhance amino acid absorption by 62%
Decrease muscle protein breakdown by 45%
Reduce muscle tissue damage by 10%
Decrease catabolic hormone level

They also use the “clinically-validated BCAA ratio 45:30:25

Enough people have listed the ingredients like the LCLT and such and what they do. I won’t go through all of that again.

Taste 8/10

Realize that these are tablets so taste normally doesn’t fit. However, the normal amino tabs I use are huge and “dry.” They don’t go down very easy. These are relatively small compared to those and have some type of coating on them that make them go down very easy. The larger tabs by the other companies will tend to have a strange taste that they leave in your mouth. Not these.

Effectiveness 7/10

I am basing this on this product only. When I would take these, I would notice a decrease in soreness from the workouts. Was it any more or less than the other tablets I took? Not really.

I took these many different ways to judge the difference. I started out taking the two doses of 3 tabs a day. That seemed to curb some of the soreness. Then I started just taking 3 tabs at night before bed. Honestly, I could not tell any difference in taking 3 before bed vs. 6 throughout the day. Then I used Xtend during my workout and 3 tabs at night. The addition of the Xtend made the biggest difference. Based on my past experience with Xtend by itself, I feel that the addition of the Amino Freak reduced the soreness even more.

Value 5/10

I am basing this value off of my preferred way to take these, 3 at night. I compare the value to Superior Amino from ON. 3 Amino Freaks would cost me $0.67 a day. I took the ONs 4 at night and that cost me $0.17 a day. It’s hard to justify that much of a price difference, but since I could tell a difference when using them, I gave it middle of the road.

Overall 6/10

Did the product make a difference? Yes. Was the value good? At 394% more than what I normally take, No. The largest advantage I see to these tablets are that they are small and easy to swallow compared to normal amino tabs. The trend today is headed towards the amino intra drinks. Please read the reviews on the powder form of this and make a judgment on that if you are interested. I personally like to use an intra and a tab night. I would probably not buy this unless I found a great sell on it. Comparing this to the other tabs on the market, I didn’t see a difference in effectiveness compared to the cheaper/larger tabs.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Small Pills For A Bcaa
  • Underdosed But Effective
  • Solid Taste
  • Improved Recovery
April 18, 2012

Age: 30

April 18, 2012
 First off I want to thank PharmaFreak and the ER program for giving me the opportunity to try AminoFreak.

AminoFreak is a novel concept in the amino supplement category. It claims to be a 'hybrid' product that contains an absorption complex that increases bcaa uptake, which essentially allows the company to include less bcaas per dose : (. They also include L+theanine for supposed cortisol controlling effects, as well as LCLT, neither of which is properly dosed.

Dosage: 8/10
I had the pill version of this product, which allowed for an easy and flexible dosing schedule. The directions called for 6 pills a day. I literally tried every dosing scheme under the sun, from 1 pill every few hours to 6 pills all at once. In all honesty, I noticed no difference between any of them in terms of effectiveness. Just a side note, if you have trouble with large pills this product is NOT for you. Other than that, dosing was simple and to the point.

Profile: 5/10
First off, the profile of AminoFreak at first glance is rather weak. Seeing as though, everything from the LCLT to the Bcaas is underdosed. Absorption complex or not, 1.11gs of bcaas is just ridiculously low imo. Additionally, the LCLT and L-Theanine is about half the daily amounts they should be. All in all, the profile is pretty mediocre because of the low amounts of each ingredient.

I rarely supplement with additional bcaas, however I have tried several bcaa products with decent success. That being said, AminoFreak was a middle of the road product at best in terms of recovery/effectiveness.
I did have a noticeable decrease in soreness when using this product, however it was nothing to write home about. If I had to compare it to something like Xtend or Recoup, AminoFreak was significantly less effective.

$40+ for a months supply is obnoxious for this product, or any bcaa product for that matter. Cut that in half and it may be worth a try.

Good attempt by PharmaFreak, but a failure in my mind. They need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Add some more of every single ingredient or drastically lower the price, otherwise there is no way I could recommend this product.

Reputation: +2879
    I sorta liked this from an effectiveness standpoint

kris65
    kris65

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 35
    Reputation: +2376
    No one seems to like this stuff, good review BTW.

Reputation: +3979
    @bladeski - Yea it wasnt bad, thats why I gave it a 6+, but compared to Xtend/Recoup it wasnt up to that level and thats really all I have to compare to.
    I have a feeling the powder version was a bit better

3ullD0zer
    3ullD0zer

Joined: 7/2009
    Reputation: +520
    Good job Kev.

By the way the bears still suck

Reply #5:

Reputation: +808
    Only 18+'s gotta dik ride the freebie main

March 25, 2012

Reviews: 55

Age: 28

March 25, 2012
     Thanks to PharmaFreak and SR.com’s Expert Reviewer program for allowing me to try Amino Freak for free. You can read more about my experiences with Amino Freak on my product testing log: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=17764.0

OVERVIEW:
    Amino Freak is another “hybrid” PharmaFreak product that provides a minimal dosing of BCAAs alongside an “absorption complex” that supposedly increases a person’s ability to naturally absorb BCAAs. The ingredient profile of Amino Freak also contains calcium, L-Theanine for cortisol control, and L-Carnitine and L-Taurine.

DOSING:
    I usually sip Xtend throughout the morning as well as intra-workout, so I ended up replacing Xtend with Amino Freak as my intra product. I still would have a scoop or two of Xtend most mornings. I generally mixed 1-2 scoops with 32 oz. of water

TASTE: 7.8/10
    I received the Blue Raspberry powdered version of Amino Freak. As other testers have pointed out the flavor is sweet and candy-like. I found the taste to be more akin to blueberry than anything else, and personally I didn’t mind it all that much. It certainly didn’t blow me away like Watermelon Xtend but it wasn’t terrible and I didn’t mind drinking it. Like I said, I mixed Amino Freak with 32 oz. of water – far more than the instructions call for – which is probably why I didn’t find the taste to be overly sweetened.

MIXABILITY: 9.8/10
    Amino Freak is probably the cleanest mixing amino acid product I’ve tried. Two scoops produced no foaming, left-over grit, floating flakes, etc. All the powder mixed smoothly and quickly every time. This is probably due to the extremely low amount of BCAAs actually contained in each scoop.

RECOVERY: 7.8/10
    At first I didn’t notice much difference in my recovery between Amino Freak and my normal Xtend. It wasn’t until I switched up my routine when I realized my recovery wasn’t quite as strong as usual. I had expected some increase in soreness as a result of a drastic change in routine, but I still felt like I wasn’t bouncing back as fast as I normally would.

I had only skimmed the profile of Amino Freak prior to starting the product, so I was legitimately shocked when I realized a single scoop only contains 1.11 grams of actual BCAAs. In comparison Xtend provides 9.5g of BCAAs per scoop, with most other comparable products (Atomic 7, RecoverPro, Purple Wraath) all coming close to the 10g mark. Supposedly Amino Freak’s patented “absorption enhancer” allows a person to naturally improve their absorption of the product. Even so, as Flash said in his review, being able to better absorb a measly 1.11 grams of BCAA seems rather foolish. I’d much rather have a full load of 10g of BCAAs AND the absorption enhancer.

As far as the additional bonuses in Amino Freak – the hormone and anti-cortisol complexes – I experienced no noteworthy changes that I can attribute to this product. Although certainly nice additions the extra ingredients aren’t dosed strongly enough to provide anything more than a secondary boost to supplements already in a person’s stack.

VALUE: 3.1/10
    Straight up, $40 for 45 scoops is way too much for this product. Even if you’re only using a single scoop per workout, Amino Freak will still cost you .88c per scoop. Two scoops would be a ridiculous $1.60. In contrast Xtend and Purple Wraath, both of which are loaded up with BCAAs and additional goodies, will cost you around .60c per scoop. If you’re frugal you can usually find Xtend or Body Mortar or another solid amino product on sale, further knocking the price down. All in all there is no way I’d pay $40 for Amino Freak. There’s nothing here to warrant that cost.

OVERALL: 4.5/10
    Although I was initially very high on Amino Freak I quickly realized that the hype didn’t live up to the actual results. I appreciate PharmaFreak attempting to do something different through the use of an absorption improver and anti-cortisol ingredients, and with some tweaking and reformulating I do think that Amino Freak could be changed into a solid and unique amino acid product. As it currently stands however, the under-dosed profile of BCAAs and poor price point make this product a no-go for me.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Mixability
    • Unique Product
    • Improved Recovery
    • Underdosed Bcaa Profile
    • Poor Value
    Mooselini
    Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 28
    Reputation: +2203
    One of your shortest books but still should make for the NY Times Best seller list

Kidding aside great review man

Reputation: +3979
    I think you meant L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. There is no L-Taurine in there...
    Anyways, good review my thoughts were pretty much the same as yours, eventhough I had the pills.

Reputation: +808
    Ca ca review

March 17, 2012

Age: 23

March 17, 2012
     Hello SR. I'm here to detail my experiences with and give my personal opinions on PharmaFreak's Amino Freak. First off, I want to thank PharmaFreak for letting me try this product through the expert reviewers program and thanks to Petey for making the extra effort to get me this after the other names have already been submitted.

Ingredient Profile: Serving Size 3 Tablets

L-Theanine (Anti-Catabolic Amino Acid ***

Patented Amino Acid Absorbtion Enhancer 2.5mg
    AstraGin (Panax notoginseng) ***

----------Ingredient Profile (6/10)----------

I'll admit right off the bat I was a bit skeptical on the dosages in the ingredient profile. Amino Freak suggests you take 3 tablets twice daily or all 6 tablets once a day.

L-carnitine is a coenzyme and water-soluble, vitamin-like compound that falls into the category of amino acids. You can use L-carnitine to treat carnitine deficiencies, as a supplement for resistance exercise and to support weight loss.

L-tartrate is a salt used as an additive in some health supplements to facilitate
    absorption of another substance. By combining L-carnitine with the salt L-tartrate, your body has an easier time absorbing the L-carnitine.

As far as these two go, they are appropriately dosed. L-Carnitine reaches its saturation level in your body at about 2 grams and a 6 cap serving is good for about half of that.

L-Carnitine is also found in a lot of foods, red meat especially, so getting your daily
    required dose shouldn't be hard.

Im going to jump down to the absorbtion enhanced AtraGin. AminoFreak claims that this compound increases the absorbtion of amino acids by 62%. Sounding impressive? Not so much if AminoFreak is your only amino supplement. Whats that daily dose of aminos? 2.3 grams? So I'll absorb 64% of 2.3 grams?
    Or will this product increase absorbtion of ALL amino acids I ingest during the day?

L-Theanine is dosed appropriately. It is shown to possibly increase immune system response to infection by boosting the disease fighting ability of cells, up to 5 times as much with a dose of 20mg per day. It also is shown to decrease mental and physical stress, which may be the anti-catabolic properties they are leaning on.

BCAA's: I'm really confused by the low dosage of BCAA's in a daily dose of Amino Freak. It doesn't make sense to dose it so low and rely on a 62% increase in absorbtion to make up for it being underdosed. Again these are only my personal observations and I will get into my experiences in the next section.

-------------Effectiveness (4/10)------------

First off, before taking this product my BCAA regimine for recovery included an intra workout drink (whatever product) with 10-15 grams of flavorless BCAA's and Glutamine. This is by far my favorite concoction for recovery and it works for me rather
    well. When I got this product to try I immediately stopped taking these extra BCAA's and relied only on the Amino Freak doseage
    and post workout shake for recovery. Well my first day was a heavy leg day I believe, following the same program I had for a month
    but this time soreness the next day took me by surprise, my recovery was down dramatically. I decided not to make a snap decision on it because I was doing a rather heavy routine. I messed with the doses a little and would take between 6-12 caps per day, up to double the recommended
    doses to see if it would help boost my recovery back up. I'm sorry to say that this did not compare in any way to my homemade intra.

Maybe it had something to do with the sheer number of aminos, but for 40 bucks for 60 servings, recovery should have been a lot better, IMO.

------------------Price (4/10)---------------

I'll keep this simple. $40 for a 30 day supply is 1.33/day for 2.3 grams of BCAA's, which is not enough to put my recovery where I want it to be. Conversely, a 400gram tub of BCAA and a 400 gram tub of Glutamine can be bought for the same price, you could dose them at, say 5 grams apiece which would be $40 for a 80 day supply, which is 0.50/day for 10 grams of BCAA's You can argue volume all you want, but when it comes to value there is a clear choice in my mind.

------------------Overall (5/10)-------------

I am giving this product an all around 5 because of the combination of effects and price comparison. I did feel some recovery while on this product, but not nearly to the level of much cheaper BCAA products at higher doses. If you are going to make an amino recovery product, you shouldn't need to take 5 dollars worth of it to match the recovery of a 50 cent basic amino powder. The price in and of itself it outrageous. Even if this product worked just as well as anything else,
    the price per dose is way too high.
    Overall, I would not recommend this product, it is too expensive and does not have comparable effectiveness to make it worth buying.
      Prop150
      Prop150

Joined: 3/2012
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: 0
      I'm glad my brother got banned. I just saw this from being on here for him. I was about to try some new aminos ... thanks for the information FlashSunday!

WarMachine
      WarMachine

Reviews: 75
      Reputation: +2388
      USP labs' modern BCAA all the way!!! On a side note, good honest review flash.

Reputation: +2879
      Hmmm.. Good honest review. I myself liked the amino freak powder version. Solid product, just priced a bit too high.

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +3345
      You liked the review? Then slap a helpful on it :)

Reply #5:
      SINCLAIR
      SINCLAIR

Joined: 3/2012
      Reviews: 2
      Reputation: +28
      Gah-da**it Flash I accidentally hit "No" when I was actually trying to see who -rep'd you in the first place. I apologize man. This was a great review and I'll be sure to +rep you in the next couple hours. Sorry about that man

March 20, 2012

Age: 34

March 20, 2012
       Amino Freak Powder is up for review. PharmaFreak was so nice to let the experts test out most of product line. A big thanks for them for being very responsive.

As for the product. This is amino acid formula, but it is labeled as "hybrid". Some of the major highlights between this product and your standard amino and BCAA products is the inclusion of 1,470 mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and 50 mg of L-Theanine (Anti-Catabolic Amino Acid). Additionally, the BCAA & glutamine ratio is an odd 45:30:25 breakdown. The odd thing is that even 2 scoops (max dose) only yields 2.3g of BCAAs and 1g of gluatmine. Such an odd ratio and ingredient breakdown, but most of the time we overthink all the supplementation and forget about the real work you need to put into the gym.

Effectiveness 9: I ran this intra workout, 2 scoops. My current split is primarily focused on supersets, monstersets and dropsets. Heavy core lifts for mass and shaper/shredders and I do a lot of sets as some of you guys know. Honestly, I can say that I was very surprised. With a profile like I described that looks significantly under dosed, it was effective. Recovery was on par compared to products like Xtend, MBCAA, Recoup, etc. Sometimes a product just surprises you because when you read the profile, you ask yourself “what were they thinking”. It could be the L-Theanine or the Astragin absorption complex they included, but it worked none the less. You won’t see any tremendous advances over your usual staple of intra workouts, but with using such a small dosage compared to others, it is on par with effectiveness. This is something that shouldn’t be overlooked, sometime it is nice to just use a small dose rather than 2-3 large scoops of other intras. I find this refreshing that I am putting less in my body and getting the same gain out.

Taste 8: Typically I do not rate taste other than for intra workout. The taste is good, blue raspberry was smooth and refreshing. No bitter or artificial taste in my opinion.

Value: This is where the deal breaker occurs. At roughly $39.99 for 45 scoops (22.5 real servings at full dose) it is priced significantly over any of their competitors. For a product that is significantly under dosed on "paper" how can the company charge such prices for such little product. So disappointing because I enjoyed the product but for the price any of the mainstream Amino products are comparable and cheaper.

Conclusion: Overall solid product on the effectiveness, although the price point is the main deterrent. I hope that Pharmafreak takes note that they have some solid products in their line and need to price them accordingly with the market. If this happens, then I definitely will be trying Amino freak again.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Solid Taste
      • Underdosed But Effective

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +3345
      Oh I missed! I meant to neg you! Jk. I don't doubt that the powder would work better than the caps because you can actually take it as an intra rather than before or after as you have to with the pill form. I'd be interested to see you try the caps and me the powder and see how our respective opinions change if at all.

Reputation: +2879
      I agree. The pills and powder are most likely the same. I thought it was just as good as your standard intras. But way too expensive

hulkish1

solid bro nice review

Joined: 6/2010
      Reviews: 55
      Reputation: +2375
      Nicely done bro. We had very similar experiences with the powder. Soliddddd.

December 22, 2011

jojos

Reviews: 4

Age: 33

December 22, 2011
       I love BCAAs and this one definitely does not disappoint. The pills are easy to swallow and no after taste. Ive been using this supplement for a few months now. Ive tried some of the other Pharmafreak products like Ripped freak, test freak and superfreak and judging by their track record tried this as well. Did not disappoint and I was very excited that they made an amino acid supplememnt.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Lean Muscle Mass Increases
        SoCalLivin
        SoCalLivin

Joined: 3/2011
        Reviews: 20
        Reputation: +825
        I think there is barely 1g of BCAA's per serving in this. Underdosed and overpriced IMO.

Have you used Amino Freak? Submit your own Review!