Alphamine Reviews

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 85 (better than 98%) in
Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Alphamine is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by PES. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Powdered form of caffeine that has 99% of the water removed and exhibits all the same benefits as standard caffeine: increases alertness, mood, and exercise performance.

(Amount not disclosed)

Nootropic that boosts acetylcholine production in the brain that improves cognition, memory, and focus.

April 8, 2015

It's Spring time once again and of course that means that many are looking for the best thermogenic to get their cut started. This product has been out for quite some time and of course the video review will cover the majority of what I have to say, but in addition, the written review will be an additional synopsis.

---- Ingredient Profile 9.3/10 ----
The ingredient profile very solid indeed including a Lean Performance System that has Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid, Eucommia Ulmoides Leaf (98% Chlorogenic Acid) and Olive Leaf Extract. It's a nice, cognitive blend of ingredients that will drive focus and mental sharpness while of course doing it's part as a thermogenic in synergism with the Ergothermogenic System that includes Caffeine Anhydrous (125mg), Higenamine HCl, Pausinystalia Yohimbe (Bark) Extract (SA2-A).

The key ingredients here are the SA2-A, also known as Alpha Yohimbe and is the driving force overall of this thermogenic product. Granted yohimbe isn't for everyoone, if you respond well to it, you'll definitely be a fan of the inclusion. Briefly the other major inclusions are the Choline Bitartrate, Eucommi Ulmoides leaf and Higenamine. I am a fan of the powder aspect as that means it is a pretty customizable product and that the caffene content ringing in at 125mg/scoop won't be overwhelming, even at a full 3 scoop dosage. I'd say it's an innovative product that builds on the success of their Alpha T2 and overall, there leaves me with no complaints.

---- Taste/Mixability 9.5/10 ----
Simply put, it's easy to mix and the taste is actually pretty good. I prefer the Fruit Punch flavor and the best way I can describe it is that it is sharp and sweet similar to Smarties candy. A little water is all that's needed and often times I'd just put the powder on my tongue even and just chase it with some water. Keeps it simple and gets the process rolling, no need to beat a dead horse in the written review.

---- Effectiveness 9.4/10 ----
As with any thermogenic, the effectiveness will rely of course on a variety of factors including the user's tolerance to stimulants, calorie deficit, training style, metabolic rate and of course what they're looking for in a thermogenic product (appetite suppression, hardening, etc). For my purposes, it is a very well rounded product. I'm not looking for something to stim me through the roof as I use pre-workouts for the mental/cognitive aspect so it was a nice balance. My main points were looking for appetite suppression, muscle preservation, hardening as promised and of course a increase in body temperature since it is a thermogenic after all. For me, it delivered on all aspects in a good way. My deficit wasn't at a crazy number and my cardio was kept reasonable, so with those factors listed, it was definitely a noteworthy performance and made it one of the most well rounded thermogenics I've used. If there was anything to complain about for me, it would of course be that the stims can be a bit much with the caffeine added when combining with other products, however that is something that can be self-mediated and adjusted accordingly.

---- Value 9.0/10 ----
The value is on point with all the other thermogenics on the market, so I don't have any complaints. If anything, the complaint for many will be the same thing that makes it a draw for others: It's a powder. I didn't mind the powder aspect of it, though if I was out and about, it was way more inconvenient to carry around the container than having a capsule to take, so I can see their rationale. With that being said, the price per serving is right where it should be and it delivers on all it's promises from my perspective.

---- Conclusion 9.3/10 ----
Keeping this short and sweet, I feel that Alphamine is one of the most well balanced thermogenics on the market and is one of my top pics after all this time since it's release. It delivers on what it promises if you have everything on point and it's pretty novel with the hardening/muscle preservation system to go along with one of my favorite thermo ingredients (alpha yohimbe). If you're looking for a product to cut up with and don't mind or want to try a powder version, this is the way to go. Once again, my written review is brief, so see the video for my detail, but for now, it gets the Petey seal of approval.

• Caffeine Content Can Sneak Up On You
  • Powder Form May Be Inconveinient
  April 6, 2015

PES was one of the first to offer a powder stim based thermogenic with their hit Alphamine. I've been a fan of PES with the original erase, anabeta and newly their protein powder. Summer is around the corner and it was time to shed the winter bulk so I decided to give Alphamine what was suppose to be a 8 week run that turned into a 6 week venture for me while running a keto diet with weekend carb meals.

Ingredient Profile 8.5/10
The ingredient profile breaks down as follows..

Alphamine FIT Matrix:
1577.5 mg
Fit Performance System:
Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid, Eucommia Ulmoides (Leaf)
(98% Chlorogenic Acid), Olive (Leaf) Extract

Ergo-Thermogenic System:
Extract (SA2-A™)

Caffeine is the only thing with the dosage giving to us at 125mg per serving. The rest is hidden in a “matrix” which no matter how complex the formula I will never agree with. Some ingredients that will jump out at you are higenamine and yohimbe. I’m a big fan of yohimbe thanks to Lyle Mcodonald and have run it solo up to 20mg pre cardio fasted. The yohimbe PES provides is very clean and a noticeable difference from other Yohimbe HCL products. Higenamine shares similar mechanisms as ephedrine and synephrine with anti-asthmatic effects. Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic Acid or HICA is a leucine metabolite that will help with muscle sparing. This is important since Alphamine is best used pre-workout fasted.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 8.5/10
Taste/Mixability- I tried 2 flavors during my 6 week run, raspberry lemonade and cherry limeade. Both have a very sour taste but that is due to having to mask some of these ingredients. I preferred the cherry limeade over the raspberry option. I've had worse experiences with taste and better as well, these were in the middle.

Dosing- PES recommends the standard protocol at starting at 1 scoop and working your way up to 3 total for the day. 2 servings in the morning and 1 in the afternoon 30 minutes before meals. Since insulin crushes yohimbe effects I always left at least an hour before meals and train fasted on my am serving. I decided to push my servings to 4 a day total. I do not recommend you try this approach and stick to the guidelines by PES. I didn't have any issue with it but others very well may giving yohimbe effects everyone differently. I loved the 4 servings a day and felt like I got more bang for my buck with this method.

Effectiveness 9/10

Alphamine simply works. Perspiration was through the roof with my dosing and the thermogenic effect was certainly there. I did not notice any appetite suppression but I didn't expect any either. I replaced Alphamine as my pre-workout during this run and it was suffice enough to give me the extra energy, especially on stand alone cardio days. I did experiment at times with low dose caffeine pre-workouts mixed in with success but I do not recommend others try this method. I’m lucky to be very stim tolerant.

Value 9/10

Value on Alphamine is very fair for the product you receive. It can be found on many sites between $28-$35 so do some shopping around first. At 84 servings per tub ran at 3 scoops a day you’ll get 8 weeks exactly from this run which is where you want to be. Since I ran 4 scoops a day I only got 6 weeks but I’m still more than pleased with this.

Side Effects

Yohimbe is very dependable on the person taking it which is why PES ask for you to assess your tolerance and work up to the 3 scoop serving. I didn't have any side effects from the yohimbe like I did other Yohimbe HCL products such as anxiety increase. PES has a very clean form of yohimbe that creeps up on you but it is certainly felt. Toward the end of my run I did feel fatigued very often. I can’t tie this to the alphamine it very well could've been diet related or for the simple facts I seem to always have some sort of stim in my system. With that said I’m certainly cycling off any stims for a couple weeks to help the tension on my adrenal glands.

PES has an awesome product on their hand with a fully packed ingredient label for what you want in a fat burner. Not just does it help with burning fat but also preserving muscle as well. If you don’t mind a little extra work with powder over pills and want to get that learning effects than Alphamine will treat you well. I’m excited to run Nordocrene at some point this summer and to be able to review the two and see the similarities/differences.
  • Nice Taste
  • All-in-one Product
  • Beta Receptor Agonist
  • Enhanced Cardio
  • Great Value
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Ruined Other Thermos For Me Although I Still Love Trying New Things
  • No Appetite Suppr
  February 17, 2015

Hello again, I haven't done a review for awhile but here's what I thought of PES Alphamine. I was 226 lbs and about bodyfat before I started my cut cycle with the assistance of Alphamine and GNC's Amplified Wheyabolic protein. After 4 weeks (one tub) was up I wighed in at 215 and about bodyfat which i was pleased with.

Ingredient Profile - 8
I don't know a whole lot about some of the ingredients in alphamine but from what I have read there seems to be a good mix of ingredients. I never have been a huge fan of proprietary blends like most people but I understand why they exist. The caffeine at 125mg seemed to be a good amount because I would take 2 scoops before a workout (250mg caffeine) in lieu of preworkout which provided me with plenty of energy.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing - 8.5
The taste wasn't bad too bad but I thought it was a little bitter. I had cherry limeade which from what I read was the best flavor. I would take one scoop right when I woke up about 30 mins before breakfast (7:30 am) and another 2 scoops 30 mins before my afternoon workout (2:30 pm). It mixes well with about 6oz of water and was easy to drink. This being my first fat burner in powder form I would have to say I'd probably prefer pills just because its a little easier but putting a scoop in some water and giving it a couple shakes really isn't too bad haha.

Effectiveness - 9.5
About 30 mins after breakfast I started heating up and would be sweating during my first class which I didn't mind at all! After taking 2 scoops and going to workout id have plenty of energy getting through the workout and I even noticed I wasn't breathing quite as hard after the cardio and circuit training as I normally do. There never was any crash from the energy which I get a lot when taking PWO so that was nice. On non-workout days I would get a little jittery in the afternoon when I would take 2 scoops and would definitely not recommend taking within a few hours of bed. As stated in the beginning I lost 11 lbs and %2 bodyfat. Part of this was because of my dieting and training but I think the alphamine really helped me keep going. I did notice some appetite reduction which for me is very helpful because I love eating!

Value - 8
I paid $34 for a tub on amazon which is 28 days at 3 scoops a day so it cost about $1.21 a day. This is a reasonable price and is about normal compared to other thermos on the market. I would be willing to pay that price again and probably will.

Side Effects - 8
This product will make you sweat more which might annoy some people (but should be expected with a good thermo) and did give me some jitters on non-workout days. All around though it didn't really cause me any problems.

With a good diet plan and workout program Alphamine can really assist you on loosing few pounds and getting a more defined look. I recommend this for anyone to try and think you will be happy with the results.
  • Heavy Sweating
  October 22, 2014

Serving Size 1 Scoop (3 g)
Servings Per Container84

Alphamine FIT Matrix 1577.5 mg *

FIT Performance System *
Choline Bitartrate, Alpha-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid, Eucommia Ulmoides (Leaf) Extract (98% Chlorogenic Acid), Olive (Leaf) Extract

Ergo-Thermogenic System *
Caffeine Anhydrous (125 mg), Nelumbo Nucifera (Seed) Extract (Standardized for Higenamine), Yohimbe (Bark) Extract (SA2-A™)

* Daily value not established

Other Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Magnesium Stearate, Beet Juice Concentrate Powder
*I took this from

Mixability: 10/10
While I think 10s are rare and maybe exist purely for reference and aren’t actually to be attributed to a product, Alphamine comes as close as possible. It has a good BCAA product consistency. Only small granules are left over. You really can’t ask for better mixability.

Taste: 9.25/10
I purchased and used the Cherry Limeade flavor. I was a bit skeptical because I knew the flavor would probably be good but admittedly I haven’t really had a lot of Cherry Limeade flavored products. My skepticism was gone after the first sip. The flavoring here is just on point. I highly suggest mixing it with cold water and going for about 8 oz as this makes it much more smooth and in my opinion a 10/10. It is still good with warm/room temperature water and about 6 oz but then it becomes about a 8.5 on the flavor scale. I get the 9.25 rating here from averaging the 8.5 with less and warmer water and the 10 with more and colder water. Either way you mix it, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Effectiveness/Results: 7/10
Perhaps the most important part of a product is if it delivers on its claims. I must admit I started out planning to completely cut all the fat gained from my summer bulk and be super strict with my diet. Well, life and college got in the way. My diet was as best as I could keep it at certain times, so results could have probably been better but they were not horrible as it was. I dropped a few pounds as far as fat loss goes. I hit a plateau early on but that was because of the horrible college diet. I believe Alphamine is partly responsible for maintaining this slightly lower weight throughout my run with it (especially since finding a good gym and scheduling a time to even go took about 3 weeks). Additionally, the energy side of things was always in full effect. 8 ams were a breeze after a morning scoop of Alphamine. With that I saw a slight temperature increase in the mornings when using Alphamine, which probably means that the thermogenic properties are effective. Be warned though, you will poo your brains out within 15 minutes if you take it without food like the bottle suggests. I also encountered the occasional twitch but that is probably due to lack of sleep and caffeine dependency as a college student.

There are 84 scoops per container. At first glance 84 scoops for about $32 sounds like a steal. Not quite. After a few days it is suggested to move up to 2-3 scoops for full effectiveness. This makes it about a month’s worth of product for $32. In other words it is about a dollar a day. Personally, I found it on Amazon for $32 and used a $5 Bing coupon with prime and got it for $27. I’d probably say at $27 it is about a 8/10 value but I’m rating it based on what most people will be paying, not what I personally paid, and as of today I still find it for $32 on a lot of sites.

Alphamine was a decent product. I would probably use it again, but it was not so good that I will make it a staple just yet. I would have liked to have seen the results with a perfect diet and a training regimen, but life happens. Although it was no miracle product, I believe it stayed pretty true to label claims (could be a bit stronger on fat loss maybe). It was strong on energy and flavor, and above average on fat loss. I suggest trying it out during your next cut, I doubt you’ll be disappointed (you might be surprised by those early morning shits though).
  • Extraordinary Taste
  • Bathroom Trips
  July 4, 2014

Summertime and everyone wants to get ripped as possible, also Mr Dog !
Last year i had great results with Pes Alpha T2 & Erase, so why not try Alphamine ?

You already saw the title and rather low score compared to others, sorry guys prepare your minds for my honest review and results.

Training / diet:
Medium wight, more high reps. 3 times a week weighlifitng.
20 to 40 minutes cardio end of each session, sometime HIIT.
3 times "hardcore" freestyle skate sessions....6 to 10 hours a week

Dr Pasquale Metabolic Diet. 2 day carb recharged at weekend.

Dosing/Taste: 9/10

I took Alphamine fruit punch 3 times a day : morning 8 am , after lunch at 1 pm and 1 hour pre at 5 pm.
Powder mixed very well and taste actually really good.

Effectiveness: 6

Ok i'm going to break down this section in different categories

Thermo effect 6/10
Slight increase in sweating during cardio session. But not noticeable big difference

Appetite suppression 0/10
sorry absolute nothing. My appetite stayed absolutely the same

Energy : 7.5/10
Good clean and long lasting energy. No crash or jitters. No issue at all with sleep.
For my personal preference the energy punch could be a bit stronger

Fat Loss : 5/10
Before i begun the Alphamine cycle i was at 16% BF.
After the cycle i was 15.8 % and lost quite a lot of water.

Quite dissapointed, considering i was also on strict diet & lots of cardio... I expected much better results, since i had impressive results with Alpha T2.
Yes of course i understand there is no magic pill.... but i did my homework with hard work and diet, and had much better results with other fat burners in the past. (Oxy Elite at my personal nr1)

Before bashing me ;) , i had excellent results last year havign a "dirty" diet (except high protein every 2 hours) and Oxyelite ( training schedule like above)

Sideffects 0/10
None. Stomach fine, i slept well, no jitter or crash.

Overall 6/10
sadly im dissapointed. Appetite suppression and thermo effect were mediocre .... 2 aspects i consider important with a fat burner.
I can praise this product only for the good taste and clean long lasting energy.

I can recommend this product only for energy purpose.
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Thermo Effect Weak
  • No Appetite Suppr
  • Energy Kick Rather Mild
  February 13, 2014

I know there are already a bunch of reviews on this one but since I rate the product I will provide another!

I have used many stimulants and so called fat burners in my time and very few have impacted so well on my results.

The only ones to lean me out any more than I am have been the 1,3 dimethyalamphetamine, dexaprine and this stuff.
Standard caffeine average stuff bitter orange green tea extract bla bla bla garbage just dont cut it for me.

I took this pre workout for four weeks and pre cardio for the last 2 of a 6 week cut.
To clear up the confusion of whether the beta agonists hinder or support cardiovascular performance - I have to say for me I smashed through cardio sessions easily, turning hill climbs to hill jogs - I had to pace myself so not to make my fat loss walks too catabolic - as I could easily have done a fasted run rather than a fasted walk.

Of course my results came alongside more cardio and a slight reduction in carbs (which I do on all cuts anyway) - just this time I saw cuts faster and felt better while doing it. Diet is clean with only one cheat meal every 14 days - training 4 x per week and cardio was up there at about 3 hours a week total.

Side effects other than feeling very warm (probably from the thermogenic increases) and slihtly more vascular - none.

Muscle hardening is ok for me on this - not like I get from PHs or anything, but it is there. I did lose some mass, but not as much as I normally would have given the circumstances.

I dont get crashes on this stuff, it seems to be fairly clean energy.

I am pretty resistant to OTC stims - probably have no adrenal glands left now tbh.....however this stuff worked for 6 weeks

Serving sizes are good - there is something like 80 scoops in there so by starting on one scoop and bumping up to 2 scoops you get a good amount of workouts/cardio sessions out of a tub for your money :p

Taste was average(raspberry lemonade) but taste is the lowest of my priority - its just a bonus when its taste is good. It was enough mask the pre workout BCAA powder that tastes like paracetamol anyway !!!!!

I rate PES - they seem to have scientifically formulated stuff and this worked for me when many others havent.
Ive had a 6 week break so I think I'll give it another round...
  • Never Built A Tolerance
  • Noticeable Increase In Body Temp
  • Taste Was Average (minor Con)
  January 31, 2014

Ok, I just finished an 8-week cycle of the product Alphamine from PES. I will try to keep this short and sweet because I think the others that reviewed Alphamine before me did a great n job of explaining the ingredients and details of the product.

I started my cycle at 184.9 lbs and was looking to get cut-up and defined(something I have struggled with ever since I began lifting). I have tried various products to help reach my cutting/definition goals without much success. I have tried Oxy Elite Pro and was able to attain considerable weight loss but felt that I needed to sacrifice muscle mass and did not see much definition or cutting in my body. OEP (original formula) is a great weight loss product but it didn't provide me with the particular results I desired(cutting/definition)

Here is a summary of what I experienced in my 8 weeks with Alphamine:

-Increased energy (The product was an effective pre-workout supplement if I got to the gym within an hour of consumption. The product also helped me feel alert throughout the day an fought the urges to take a nap).

-Increased Lung Capacity (I personally had trouble making it through a 15 minute cardio session without my airways tightening and coughing for hours following my workout---this did not happen with Alphamine. With Alphamine, I was able to get through a 30 minute to 60 minute cardio workout depending on my energy level. However, energy level aside, I never had breathing/airway/coughing issues).

-Muscle Mass Hardening & Preservation (This is pretty self-explanatory, but Alphamine indeed hardened my muscles and left me feeling firm and full. It is important to note that I lost weight on the product but never once felt that I lost an ounce of muscle mass).

-Selective Fat Reduction (You can read about all about Beta-agonists in the other reviews, but Alphamine provided noticeable fat loss in stubborn areas---specifically, just below my belly button, just above my hips, and along the sides of my torso. The results weren't impressive enough to be on the cover of Men's Health Magazine but they were noticeable).

-Muscle Elongation (I am a short guy standing about 5'7" and have been described as "compact"---which I agree in the sense that I feel like my muscle mass was very concentrated. Strangely, I felt Alphamine essentially stretched or elongated my muscle mass. As I said, I never felt like I lost a bit of muscle mass but I did feel like the mass was somehow distributed better through my entire body. I am not ignorant enough to think that the product made me taller but I appeared taller because I looked leaner with my mass well-distributed and "stretched")

Before I get to my end results I wanted to point out that I think Alphamine carries true Value. It is the closest thing to an "All-In-One-Product" and it is very affordable---that translates to value. With that being said, I do wonder if this product could be improved in a couple of aspects. First, I would question whether the stimulants contained in Alphamine trigger a cortisol response and therefore, need something to keep cortisol levels in check. Secondly, I would question if there is any room for hormonal support with this product---just as cortisol, imbalances in Estrogen and Testosterone may be detrimental in your fat-burning goals.

Finally, after my 8 weeks I weighed in at 178.6 lbs. I feel and look leaner with better muscle distribution and fat reduction in the stubborn fat areas that I mentioned above. I was expecting Alphamine to be a more aggressive cutting product but did not see those particular results (from what I hear PES Norcodrene may be a more suitable product for that). Alphamine fell short of my expectations in that regard but far surpassed my expectations in all other facets of the product. I love the product and highly recommend it to anyone considering the product.

If you made it all the way to the end of this review, I thank you for your patience and hope it was in some way helpful to you.

• Weight Loss
  • All-in-one Product
  • Great Value
  • Extraordinary Taste
  • Heavy Sweating
  • Vomiting (when Mixed W/ Other Stims)
  October 4, 2013

After reading several shining reviews for this I was convinced I had to try it, especially since I had opportunity to buy it for 15 dollars.

Ingredients ----
Not going to break down the profile as JoeFlah already did a super job with that and most of these I have not seen before.
I will comment on the profile, I like it.
Of course caffeine and yohimbe ingredients I like to see in fat burners, I like Choline, and N-Courmaroyldopamine, After many succesfull runs of Compound 20 which contains Courmaroyldopamine I was intrigued when I saw that. As for the rest of the profile I do not know much about.

Dosing. Very similar to most fat burners, start with 1 and 1 then work up to 2 and 1. I dosed it 2 and 2 because I am quite tolerant to stims and with my work schedule could use the extra caffeine.
I dosed 2 scoops right after lifting with some BCAAs right before my cardio. Now pills would be more convenient but I felt the powder worked very well as a fat burner. First time having a powder thermo and I liked it. I dont know if it was just that it kicked in faster or what but I liked it. Now carrying around the little container is not that bad its a small tub so I would toss it in my bag, but the scoop gets buried and you have to finger it out. Since I liked how it works compared to pills I would get it again no biggy. On ocasion I tossed it in the little funnels from those 3 in 1 shakers so that made it more convenient and I would recommend that if you dont want to be scooping fat burner out mid shift at work or what not.

Taste- Well I had the Fruit Punch and I disliked it A LOT. Way too citrusy. It was so tart and tasted just like USPLabs Test Powders Fruit Punch Flavor and I hated that. (also made you run to the bathroom like Test Powder but Ill talk about that later). I dont think Raspberry Lemonade would be any better really sounds even more tart. The best way to avoid the taste was throw each scoop right in my mouth and chase with water. But it is still manageable. Just had to make a face every sip.

Effectiveness- Very pleased with the results in terms of definition. When I started the tub I was about a week away from a bodybuilding competition with another one 3 weeks later. Being 1 week away from the 2nd competition and looking tighter than I was at my first competition I give some credit to alphamine. 2 weeks more of dieting when at low BF could still make a big difference but I was impressed.

Now as for stims. Not too strong, but I think they could have put a tad more caffeine in. As Clipper stated a nice smooth effect.

Appetite control was tight. Not as strong as Oxy ECA black but I found myself going a little longer between meals. I usually eat approximately every 2 hours but with this I could get to 2.5 hours and have a little debate on whether or not to eat. Along the lines of "I am not hungry but its been long enough I should be hungry so Ill eat"

Thermogenic Effects. Pretty good, When dosed before Cardio I found that I would get a good sweat going fairly easily. Another effect that I notice with most strong thermogenics is a real big increase in water intake and being much more thirsty within an hour or so of dosing it. Which I always found myself to guzzle water the hour afterwards.

A Negative effect is the bathroom trips, like what the heck. Consistently within 40 mins of dosing I would have to run to the bathroom. Not cool.

Pretty average value. I would think that being a powder it would be a tad cheaper than it is considering that Oxy Elite Pro runs about the same price. Then again in my opinion Alphamine works better thus worth the price. On Allstar it is 31 dollars for 84 scoops and most people will be dosing this at 3 scoops so that is 4 weeks exactly. Which is $1.1 a scoop and thats good for the quality of the fat burner.

Overall- Good Fatburner with good appetite control, thermogenic effects, decent energy at a competitive price. Nice job PES
  • Bathroom Trips

September 13, 2013

I want to thank PES for letting me run this for a review. I have to admit, this is my second time running Alphamine, and I've held off my review, and I'm glad that I did.

Since this is my second run, I wanted to compare not only my first run on this, but my recently finished run on InHuman Nutritions NovaBurn.

This was a great exercise in compare and contrast.

Alphamine is in my opinion, the best fat burner, weight loss product on the market today, that you can buy over the counter. There are other products out there that are solid, but nothing does a better job of reducing fat levels, than Alphamine.

I can fully attribute this to the Beta Agonist traits of the product.

In my comparison, I looked at several things to compare Alphamine to NovaBurn, and where this stood out, was increasing the effectiveness of your respiratory system during cardio work, and in increasing the lypolisys process occurring during all phases of your workout.

Dosing of Alphamine is easy, but requires you to carry the bottle with you throughout the day, as you have to take 1 scoop in the morning and 1-2 scoops later in the day, depending on your tolerance. I know we all have supplement bags that we carry with us, and mine is constantly full with powders & various pill bottles. Pills are slightly easier to carry around, and cause much less speculation at the office, compared to when you're putting together mixes of powders into your water bottles. I don't mind, but midday meetings are harder to pull out a bottle, or stop a presentation just to take your second dose. If anything, this is my one complaint about Alphamine. If it was pill form, it would be easier.

Taste was also good. It's not great, as I'm not a huge fan of citric flavors, but Alphamine is not bad, and not TOO sour. You do make a bit of a face when you get to the end, but it's not terrible, and throughout the month it actually can get quite pleasent.

There is a higher amount of caffeine in this, than I would like to have, but I don't think it's overstimulating. I don't get the shakes, and there is a bit of focus that comes with the product. I am quite productive throughout the day, and I don't get upset or aggravated like I do with Yohimbe products.

I also don't experience the intense appetite suppression, but I do think I'm quite strange with this, as high levels of caffeine and other stimulants actually have the opposite effect on me than they do on others. I tend to overeat when I'm on a high amount of stimulants, but this didn't create massive amounts of hunger. It was limited. I will say, my second dose was always mid afternoon, so it was after lunch, but before my work out. So my stomach was not completely empty. My results were not effected by this, as I still saw a big loss in body fat while on Alphamine.

I can also confirm, that it's just as good on a second run as it is on a first run. My first run was in March/April, so I had given myself quite a break between bottles. The first time I ran it, my fat loss was noticable around my waist and love handles area. This was again very true on my second run. I've cut down quite a bit around those trouble areas, and I can directly contribute this to both diet & the inclusion of Alphamine & NovaBurn.

It also didn't matter that I was just coming off the run of NovaBurn, as I ran them back to back for a full 60 days. During both I experienced increased body temperature, higher amounts of perspiration and decreased fat levels. What Alphamine increased, which NovaBurn did not, was my respiratory performance during cardio or heavy workouts. I was breathing easier & my heartrate seemed a bit higher during these periods. I was monitoring throughout runs, and on average I was 5 BPM or more higher under the same conditions during my run with Alphamine compared to my normal standard levels.

I also can say, that I saw a ever so slight increase in fat loss on Alphamine, as my measurements showed a 1/5" greater decrease in stomach circumference during my month on Alphamine compared to NovaBurn. This is not a huge amount, but it was something to note.

I have not had my body fat percentage read in some time, as I just honestly haven't had the time to go do the measurements at a facility that I trust. My home meter is not completely accurate, but it is showing consistent decreases. If there's one point I'm disappointed that I didn't do, was have a before, during and after done while running these two products back to back.....oh well, for another time.

Value....they don't include a shirt....hahahaha!

Alphamine is what I consider to be the "right" pricing for the product. At $30 for a months supply, this is well within budget of most individuals, and is something that I even bought for myself previously. So based upon the fact that I actually have purchased bottles before, I can definitely recommend to someone to pay for this product out of their pocket, and that's the best gauge for any product on the market. Would I actually spend the money on it?? And I can say without a reasonable doubt, yes I would.

I do contend, that this IS the best fat burning, weightloss product on the market today. I have not tried anything else that will give me as good of results to date, for fat loss. The side benefits of increased energy, and increased cardiovascular performance are just bonuses that add to a quality product from a reputable company.
  • Beta Receptor Agonist
  • Increase Cardiovascular Performance
  • Just Another Bottle In My Bag

September 5, 2013

Before I start I'd like to give MAJOR props to WarMachine, Vermonster and GKeezy whose reviews helped sell me on this. After reading those along w/JoeFlah's I was itching to try this out and thankfully AP worked something out where PES was willing to hook me up with this.

I'm not really one for cutting. Usually after each football season I take a month or so off from heavy lifting, recover and do a minor cut in the process but that's about it. That wasn't in the plans for this year so I decided to train more for appearance more-so than for athletics. After a couple months I was quite pleased with where I sat but I still had some stubborn belly fat that kind of stuck around and that's where Alphamine came in.

One of my biggest concerns with cutting is losing strength and muscle mass. I understand though, its cutting, it comes with the territory but still, mentally, I just hate it. So other than my minor cuts for recovery I usually just stick to a recomp if I want to lose some body fat. Alphamine promises Ultra Thermogenesis, Strong Appetite Suppression, Lean Mass Preservation, and Extreme Hardening Agents. You obviously expect Thermogenesis and appetite suppression with most fat burners but it was the last two that stood out to me; Burn fat, not muscle and hardening properties. I won't go over all the ingredients as the guys I mentioned above did a great job in that but I will mention that this had N-Coumaroyldopamine (NCD) in it. This was one of the main hardening agents the controversial Compound-20 had in it and PES implies NCD may be the future of leaning and hardening agents in the industry and promises they delivery it in its purest form.

This was also one of the main ingredients in MAN's PR-XT (A test booster/beta-2-adrenoceptor agonist hybrid). I'm not sure what the proper dosage of NCD in humans is but C20 has a prop blend which includes NCD and N-Caffeoyldopamine dosed at 1520mg. PR-XT also has NCD and N-Caffeoyldopamine dosed at 50mg. Alphamine has NCD dosed at 10mg and based off the other dosages (one in prop blend and the other split in two) I'm not sure if this is under dosed, just right or the others are over, but if it is, I would suggest bumping it up and adding in N-Caffeoyldopamine to complement NCD. The only reason I say that is because when it comes to other hardening supplements or beta-2-agonists I have noticed more companies utilizing both compounds.

I'll leave you with this little excerpt I got on NCD and N-Caffeoyldopamine from USPLabs website on C20. N-Coumaroyldopamine and N-Caffeoyldopamine have demonstrated the ability to increase cAMP and in turn activate Akt signaling; which may ultimately result in decreased muscle catabolism by decreasing expression of various muscle specific ubiquitin protein ligases (e.g., atrogin-1/MAFbx), which are thought to be responsible for muscle protein degradation. Furthermore, these incredible compounds may also be able to increase muscle mass by cAMP and non-cAMP mediated mechanism (also involving Akt activation) which ultimately result in increased activation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling (2,3).

Hardening Aspect: 5.5/10 (though this could have increased had I run it a full 8wks)

So why the focus on the hardening agents? I guess you could say, just like Clipper, I was a little let down by what Alphamine was doing for me in this department. Until the last week I pretty much got little to nothing in this department and that is pretty saddening after reading about all the raves the other guys got in there reviews. I am, however, not surprised that it took this long. It took 2 bottles of C20 for the hardening aspect to kick in fully (the latter part of week 4 to week 6 were my sweet spots). I got little out of the first bottle of PR-XT, which is dosed higher but I believe if I ran it for 8wks then the hardening aspects would have kicked in for me. So in short, it takes a while for this stuff to build up and work in my system

To be honest, this isn't a beta-2 supp, it's a fat burner, so comparing this to such isn't fair even if PES makes a big deal about Alphamines beta-2 properties and man did it ever help me lose some body fat around my midsection. I cannot give full credit to Alphamine tho as I started teaching a bootcamp/aerobics class 7-9x a week and that consisted of low weights/high reps of 50/and lots of band work. I also started working with a football coach and slowly incorporated more athletic and tire work into my routine. I will state that I hate doing high reps/low weights but my job required it and it was a good change of pace for me.

Aerobic exercise is generally meant to improve cardiovascular efficiency, and if you do it long enough (which I did) you'll burn up calories and drop fat. I noticed a slight definition increase on this in my shoulders and arms, while dropping fat around my midsection. Working 15hr days I was pretty much in a negative caloric state while taking this and I have read that high reps would make muscles more cut, ONLY IF, by doing a higher number of reps; you had your body as a whole in negative energy balance and were burning more calories than you were taking in. I'm not trying to start a high rep/low rep debate as I personally believe that lifting heavy is the way to go for overall calories burned and better resting & 24hr caloric expenditure but this the research goes with what I got and this change of pace style of working out allowed me to lose a couple of inches.

After 35days of Alphamine I lost 2 inches in the chest, 2 in shoulder width, 3in the waist, and 1 in the hips. Thighs, calves and arms stayed the same and so did my weight at 228lbs. A classic case of the scale not budging but you still seeing results in the mirror.

Lean Mass Preservation: 10/10
Other than my shoulders which I probably lost a tad bit of size on due to possible overtraining, I did not lose any muscle mass. My strength stayed at a high level when it came to deadlifting and squatting and I quit going out as much, but I went out on my last week on this and filled out my shirt perfectly. I couldn't even roll up the sleeves on my button up because my biceps and forearm, namely brachioradialis were just too big and the hardening aspects were starting to kick in. I guess it was worth the wait and generated the right attention because it paid off later that night ;-).

Appetite Suppression and Energy:7.5/10
As far as appetite suppression went, I wasn't able to eat much anyway so in a way this aspect paid off for me.

Energy wise I took one dose in the morning before my athletic training and it was a nice pick-me-upper. I stayed at 2 scoops a day but eventually bumped up to 2.5-3 scoops if I felt I was dragging. I did this for my 2nd evening aerobics class that I had to teach or if I was going to hit a late session of legs. Looking back on it, dragging or not I didn't notice much of a significant boost in the energy dept. or fat loss dept. to warrant that extra half scoop to scoop.

I am happy to have tried this product out. I lost plenty of inches on this while maintaining my muscle mass and strength. I wish I could have run this for 8wks as I'm sure the overall score of this would have increased but next time I will remember to take 2scoops only, as I said 2.5-3 scoops though slightly, didn't make a significant difference for me. This product lasted me 35days because of the increased dosages but will last 42days if you take it 2x a day only. At 30-32.99 the price is pretty much on par with fat burners like OEP, but if you don't take or need 3scoops then you get more servings out of it than your traditional 30. Another thanks to PES for allowing me to take this during my cut, I am looking forward to running this a full eight weeks.
  • Never Built A Tolerance

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.