AlphaMax Reviews

By: Performax Labs

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #12 of 108 (better than 90%) in
Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

AlphaMax is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Performax Labs. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

November 20, 2015
Verified Full-Container Use Through SR TROOPs

Thank you to Performax and SR for the opportunity to try this great supplement.

During this past month or so, I have been on a lean bulk. I have been eating about 3500 calories on days I worked out and dropped it down to about 3000 calories on off days. I normally train on Monday/Leg, Wednesday/Push, and Friday/Pull split using the 5/3/1 program. I have not done much cardio at all this past month.

I have not really tried too many testosterone boosters since I am only 24, but this supplement has much more to offer than just a natural increase of test. I have never touched anything synthetic (knowingly.. Pink Magic? lol) and have had limited, if not unspectacular results with products such as DAA and ZMA as standalone supps. Since this product claims that it increases testosterone and growth hormone in addition to controlling estrogen and cortisol, I was especially excited to try it.

----Ingredient Profile----

Everything is fully disclosed which obviously is an advantage.

In addition to a ZMA blend of Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc at the top of the label, there are five other 'sections'. The ZMA seems to be a little under dosed, but like I stated earlier in the review: I have not seen much results from ZMA anyway, so I did not care too much about this.

The first section is Free Testosterone made up of an herb Urtica Dioica aka Stinging Nettle which contains 3,4 Divanillytetrahydrofuran. The 3,4 divanil binds to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and may increase free testosterone. Free testosterone is important because it leads to strength and muscle gains and increases libido. Stinging Nettle is also used as a diuretic which explains the dry look I will talk about more later in the review. 1400 mg per day of Urtica Dioica is a nice dose of the herb.

Next, is the Total Testosterone and GH section containing Mucuna Pruriens Extract aka velvet bean. Its active ingredient is Levodopa (L-DOPA) which helps increase growth hormone and total testosterone. L-DOPA can also improve mood and may reduce cortisol. Mucuna has been shown in some studies to effectively raise sperm levels and testosterone levels especially in infertile men. However, most studies I have seen the ingredient was dosed at 5g per day for three months. 300mg a day of Mucuna seems under dosed especially ran at only eight weeks max.

Third is the Estrogen and Cortisol Control with Arimistane. Arimistane is an aromatase inhibitor which means it binds to the enzyme aromatase and prevents a build-up of estrogen. It has also been shown to reduce levels of cortisol. This is especially important for an athlete because cortisol can eat away at muscle and also store fat which obviously is not what you want. An effective range of Arimistane is anywhere between 50mg and 200mg daily so 75mg per day from AlphaMax is dosed correctly.

The fourth section is the Lean Mass Activator made up of 50mg per day of Coleus Forskohlii containing 95% Forskolin. This is an Asian herb that may increase testosterone and increase the rate of fat loss. Forskolin activates cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) which is very similar to adenosine triphosphate (ATP). You have probably heard of ATP before if you have read up on creatine. ATP is the main source of energy for skeletal muscles. cAMP also can eventually lead to the body converting cholesterol into testosterone. Studies that I have seen call for 500mg a day at 10% forskolin. I suck at math and this could be incorrect altogether, but 50mg x 9.5 (percentage difference of Forskolin) = 475mg which I guess would be just under the dosage from the studies.

Lastly, there is the Testosterone Support section containing 4000iu per day of Vitamin D3. This vitamin is effective from a 2000iu to 10,000iu range, so 4000iu is nicely dosed; especially if you are receiving D3 through diet, a multi, or the sun. Supplementing vitamin D3 can lead to multiple benefits including cognition, bone health, sense of well-being, and increase of testosterone. D3 is recommended over D2 because D3 is used more effectively in the body. I am kind of confused on why D3 is on the label twice though. It is on top of the ZMA blend and also in this section.

Taste: Okay, this probably does not impact most people on here or maybe anyone else actually, but I truly try to not consume any dyes. I will not take any powdered supplements if they contain dyes or eat anything else containing them. I have had bad eczema in the past and ever since I stopped consuming dyes, my eczema has just about subsided. Although the label does not list any dyes, I am not sure why the capsules are blue.. Anyway, I opened them and consumed them that way. Taste was not too bad, but then again not many people should care.

Mixability: NA

Dosing: Two capsules twice a day separated by 6-8 hours. The directions are not too specific, so I took two in the morning and two about a half hour pre-workout on days I worked out obviously and two in the morning and two about an hour before bed on off days.

This product was more hit than miss. As with most testosterone boosters, it takes a while to start seeing its effects. Around the end of the first week, I noticed much improved vascularity and really started to lean out. I am normally not a very vascular guy, but my skin looked tighter and veins in my arms, shoulders, and lower abs were more pronounced. My muscles also started to feel fuller, look more round, and got great pumps during my workouts. These effects lasted throughout the end of the bottle.

Starting the second week or so, my jawline started to break out slightly. Normally I have a clear complexion, but acne around the jawline is usually a sign of increased test levels. I believe the 14th day exactly, my knees really started to ache. It was raining and cold though, so that could have played a role. Nonetheless, I increased my fish oil and eventually started taking a multi with a little joint support so I did not really have too many other issues with joint pain.

I originally had an increase of energy during the first two weeks or so, but with the clocks changing and the weather starting to get colder, that energy was not really there anymore. I always start to feel tired around these months constantly and I think that is the case with most other people, so I do not really think it was this product's fault. Starting around the third week, I always felt hungry and could rarely feel full. I constantly wanted to eat.

My last week taking this product, I started to have a weird side effect. I would wake up within an hour or two of me falling asleep for the night and would think that it was 6am. I would look at the clock and see that it was only 10 or 11pm and would be really confused. I never really have had this happen to me and it was weird that it happened three times within the last week of taking this product. I cannot explain why this happened or what caused this to happen, so it is definitely confusing.

I never really had an increase in libido. Some days I was into it, some days I was not, so it did not really change me in that sense. My strength gains were consistent throughout the bottle, but there was nothing outstanding about them. Altogether I gained two pounds and I believe most of it, if not all of it was muscle because like I said, I really leaned out while taking AlphaMax. Other than the last week of using the product, I did not notice any difference in sleep quality. I did not feel any more refreshed than I would without taking AlphaMax, but I did not wake up any more groggy. So you can take that last bit of information for what it is worth. My recovery time after work outs were not decreased at all.

You can find this product on a few different sites for around $35 not including shipping for a full month's worth. I think that is a fair price for what you are getting. Of course best results are seen when this is ran at a full eight weeks so that would come out to about $70. That may start to become a little pricey and I was satisfied with the results I saw ran at four weeks, so I would probably just opt to run this at one bottle again. It would be a nice option if they could come up with a slightly reduced price for consumers who buy two bottles at a time.

----Side Effects----

As noted in the review: slightly sore knees, temporarily broke out around my jawline, and interrupted sleep during the last week of the bottle. If one uses a superior joint supplement, the joint issue can be minimized.

I really did like this supplement and would recommend it to anyone (male) reading it. Although AlphaMax did not give me a deeper sleep, extreme strength/mass gains, or an increase of libido, I believe it did enough to warrant me to purchase another bottle in the future. In my opinion, I feel this would be most effectively ran as a recomp or bulking supplement and not the best choice to run while cutting just on the basis that it increased my appetite so much.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this and thanks to anyone reading. Any questions/comments on this product or review are welcomed.
  • Acne
  • Interrupted Sleep
  November 16, 2015
Verified Full-Container Use Through SR TROOPs

I am very happy to be writing this review for such a fantastic product that worked wonders for me. As always big shout out to the Admin for putting such a solid community of members together and to Performax Labs for doing the research and providing us the consumers quality products, that just plain work.

I am a big fan of Test Boosters, because I really feel they work. Its hard to tell exactly without doing blood tests every so often, but you can always tell by the Alpha feeling you get in the gym and out, the feeling of well being, the strength and many other positive attributes that come with taking such a product. Now I have to give a big ups to Perfomax Labs for not going with the standard DAA Fenugreek based test booster, just copying off other peoples labels, tweaking the amounts per servings slightly and just pushing that product out there.

From their site: Key Benefits of Alpha Max:

- Helps Boost Free Testosterone
- Helps Boost Total Testosterone
- Supports Increases in Lean Mass
- Promotes Increased Libido
- Supports Fat Loss
- Promotes Accelerated Muscle Recovery

Now as we know all these test boosters pretty much promise the same exact thing. All positive, no negative, crazy gains, etc etc etc. Now this might be a great sell tactic for a first time buyer, but it won't bring back the return customer if the product is a dud. Therefore, I truly believe the companies that take the time to test the ingredients at the dosages that work best, find themselves to be more successful in the long run, then just looking for short term gain.

Ingredients: 10/10 - First its not a prop blend. Big +. You know exactly what you get and how much of each ingredient you get. I won't go into the detail about the B6 or the Zinc, although these herbs do play a part in free test, I feel like the core of the ingredients are more important in the long run of how effective the product is.

Uritica Dioica: Its other name is Stinging Nettle Root. This is probably the one most people know it by. It contains biologically active compounds that reduce inflammation. prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. This conversion has negative effects such as spurring prostate growth. It helps to keep molecules of testosterone free from a protein known as steroid hormone binding globulin (SHBG). SHBG can prevent testosterone from binding with its receptors in the muscle cells.

Mucuna Pruriens: Its principle active ingredient L-Dopa, is an amino acid which transforms into Dopamine in the Brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter which allows the dynamic functioning of the brain. Higher levels of Dopamine have been linked with sound sleep and a general sense of well-being.

Arimistane: Pretty straight forward. Helps with the regulation of Estrogen.

Overall the ingredients are solid and work well together to provide fantastic results.

Dosage: 10/10 - The dosing protocol is very straight forward. 2 pills for 30 days straight. I would take 2 pills with breakfast as I thought it helped with the absorption of the pills.

Effectiveness: 9/10 - This is one of those products that I can really say helped me with my test. Now the first thing I would like to bring up is that I was somewhere in my 6th week of post SARM recovery. I could feel that the Osterine did cause quite a bit of suppression for me, so I wanted a test booster that would really kickstart my endocrine system back up to its full potential.

Alpha Feeling/Rage 10/10 - One of the first things I noticed from Alphamax was the "I am hulk, smash, always angry stages". They are not all the time, but I noticed that when small things would comingle together it would set me off and I would just explode on people. In the gym this results in a very alpha like feeling, where I would always walk around, flex and just be a total dick to people taking their sweet time on the equipment.

Size: 9/10 - I am currently on the bulking phase for the winter, and although the gains can be seen as to come from the food, I know one of the bigger factors is also this supplement. I noticed that my muscles were a bit fuller, although still round (increased body fat), but I am also a lot bigger and can barely fit any of my dress shirts 16.5 anymore. I am now at a 17 neck size just to get the shirt to button around me. I have seen an increase in my back and chest, as well as my legs, that were always a trouble muscle for me.

Strength: 10/10 - Lifts go up and up and up, like the movie UP!. Lets just say the 3 compound lifts that were once so hard for me to keep proper form on, became a lot easier. Now, lets get a couple of things straight. I am not saying that I was able to add 50lbs to each lift within 30 days. But what I am saying is that the number of reps with the same weight went up. Also my form improved. I felt like I was a lot more stabalized at those lifts.

Increased Libido: 9/10 - Check! Man, the last Osterine cycle was bad, maybe because I took it right after my last cycle waiting only 8 weeks off. But I felt the suppression in the libido back. This Test booster really gave the boys a good kick in the balls if you know what I mean. My sex drive became normal again. Not through the roof horny, but when its barely existent, its always good to have it be back on point.

Muscle Recovery: 7/10 - I have been on the Squat everyday before other lifts cycle. Which means that my legs should have fallen off by like day 3. I am still squatting and heavier and heavier every time. Now for me this means that Alpha Max helped increase my recovery to where my legs were not shaking everyday to doing squats. Now' dont get me wrong. This won't make you PH like weight lifter, but it will def help increase the recovery as well as help with the lactic acid in the legs.

Side Effects: 8/10 - One of the major side effects I noticed was increased joint pain. Although I am taking joint support I still felt pain in my shins when I would walk as well as my back. Pains similar to the PH Pump pains. These were very unpleasant and I am not looking forward to them again.

Value: 9/10 - Its about $35 for 30 days worth. Now to some this may seem pricey, but let me tell you something. Its not. It works. So take that to the bank.

Overall: 9/10 - This product really deserves a 10 if it wasnt for the severe joint pain. Otherwise this is a very interesting test booster that I would def purchase in the future.
  • Complete Profile
  • Alpha Feeling

April 15, 2015

Once again, I found myself the beneficiary of a great Performax Labs giveaway, this time in the form of Alphamax. Alphamax is a pro-anabolic advanced myotropic complex, meant to elevate test and GH production, increase strength and athletic performance, promote lean mass, and control estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol. I was hoping that, after a month run of AD-3/DAA and combined with BPS Combustion, Alphamax would help increase lean mass and strength, while eliminating body fat, with some benefits to mood and energy as well. As far as natural hormone modulating products are concerned, I saw pretty great results, due in no small part to the great profile…

We begin with a great blend of micronutrients:
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) -- 2000iu
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) -- 234mcg
Magnesium (aspartate) -- 10mg
Zinc (mono-L-methione and aspartate) -- 720mcg

All of these micronutrients are proven to support mood, energy, test production, blood flow, and a number of other crucial processes. In fact, 90% of the body’s zinc is found in skeletal muscle and bone. That sort of distribution ought to tell you something about its importance for strength training. What you get here is a nice little ZMA formula, but that’s only the beginning.

Free Test
Lean Mass Activator
Coleus forskohlii (95% forskolin) -- 25mg
Test Support
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2000iu

This is a well-rounded, full-service natural hormone support supplement. The only thing it’s missing is DAA, although a full dose is not totally practical in addition to what’s already contained, and maybe the aspartate forms of Zinc and Magnesium help out in that respect – not sure of the science there.

Urtica dioica is an interesting ingredient. Research is inconclusive regarding its test boosting properties, but many of its components (3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran in particular) have shown an affinity for binding to SHBG, theoretically increasing free testosterone. The mucuna/velvet bean offers GH and liver support, as well as bolstering mood and cognitive function, and it comes as a concentrated extract. Arimistane is probably the best over-the-counter AI on the market right now, and it shines here as usual.

The forskolin, again a potent extract, is a nifty little ingredient, and I got an extra bump by taking Combustion concurrently. It’s meant to promote lean body mass by increasing cellular levels of cyclic adenosine mono-phosphate (cAMP), which is associated with higher rate of fat loss. This, combined with its potential for boosting testosterone, makes it a great addition to this product. It’s also supposed to work synergistically with beta adrenergic receptor agonists, so unlike a lot of natural test boosters that work better in caloric surplus, Alphamax makes a great companion to fat burners that contain b2-ARAs, like higenamine.

Keep in mind that the above amounts are per serving, and you take two daily servings, so double the amounts on the panel for a day’s worth of stuff. That makes for a hefty helping of helpful helpers.

Easy peasy, no nasty burps. 2 pills twice daily, separated by 6-8 hours. This seemed to boost my workout performance a bit, or at least my perception of my performance, so I’d typically try to take the afternoon dose within an hour or so of lifting.

This might be the best natural test booster I’ve tried to date. Without blood tests, I can’t comment on test or GH levels with any certainty, but I did experience the typical manifestation of heightened testosterone levels – oily skin, aggression (in and out of the gym), higher energy levels, and elevated mood to name a few. Libido was a bit of a hit or miss, but I could say confidently that my drive was slightly higher than normal.

I also had some supreme workouts during my use. Partly because of higher test levels, and partly, I think, due to the vaso/bronchodilatory effects of some of these ingredients, and they way they contribute to the effects of other supplements I was taking (namely Combustion). While making an effort to shed some body fat, I maintained and possibly even gained a bit of strength, and had consistently exceptional workouts except where limited by joint issues (see below).

I also noticed a much leaner and dryer feel and appearance to my physique, including increased vascularity. Again, I was taking Combustion for the majority of my use of this product, but the combination of forskolin with Arimistane really came through for me. I noticed more defined cuts and striations in a few muscle groups, as well as veins becoming more visible and sometimes protruding where they didn’t before. Pumps and vascularity during exercise were also quite pronounced; I had some of the best pumps of my life while using Alphamax, akin to, but probably a bit less than, what I experienced with Magnitropin.

This is the only real complaint I have. My joints, particularly my knees and hips, had a very rough time towards the end of this run. I should mention again that I started Alphamax immediately after a month run of AD-3, and both products contain 75mg of Arimistane per daily dose. I’ve never used Arimistane for more than a month, and I don’t think I prepared myself well enough for it. Granted, I have a history of knee and hip problems, including Osgood Schlatter’s disease, multiple hip flexor strains, and a host of other minor injuries I sustained in high school.

Even with the joint support complex in Orange Triad and as much as 6g of fish oil per day, I was in pretty bad shape. It was upsetting that I couldn’t reap the benefits of the way Alphamax made me feel otherwise, and really kill lower body lifts the way I wanted to. If I were to plan an 8 week run anytime in the future, I would make sure to cycle my effort more carefully, and really devote the necessary time to mobility work. Maybe even pick up an extra joint support supplement.

Another minor side effect was some disruption of my regular sleep habits in the first few days of use. This could be due to the urtica dioica, as nettle extracts cause sleep issues for people sometimes. It could also have been a "rebound" effect from finishing AD-3. In any event, it resolved itself after a couple of days.

About $35 from most vendors for the 120 count bottle, which is 30 days at the recommended 4/day. This is pretty good for something that works as well as it does, but would set you back $70 for an 8 week run, which is what I’d do if I had my druthers. That’s pretty hefty, and not a purchase I would make readily, for benefits that I see as pleasant but unnecessary. I probably won’t pick it up anytime soon unless there’s a promotion.

The profile is great, and it works. The side effects were pretty darn uncomfortable, and the price is so-so. Nevertheless, for anyone looking for a comprehensive natural hormone regulator, this is my recommendation. It functions well on its own, boosting the “good” and limiting the “bad” simultaneously, but also plays well with others. Definitely a solid product.
  • Leaning And Drying Effect
  • Complete Profile
  • Alpha Feeling
  June 2, 2014

Thanks to Performax Labs for the opportunity to run 4 weeks of this solid little test booster.

--Profile-- 8.5/10

Check out Brenth6112's review of this product for a great breakdown of the ingredients. He did a very thorough job and I don't think there's anything I can add in that sense.

I have to give props to Performax Labs for giving us a fully disclosed profile, which allows for easier stacking. I think it's very well rounded, targeting various aspects of lifestyle and performance. That's also why I think this would shine a little brighter as part of a stack rather than as a standalone. Add an additional supplement or two so that it fits more exactly with your goals.

--Effectiveness-- 7/10

Label claims include 'Elevate Testosterone and GH Production,' 'Increase Strength and Athletic Performance,' 'Lean Hard Muscle Mass,' Control: Estrogen, Prolactin, and Cortisol.'

The first effect I noticed was immediate, starting day 1; sleep was noticeably deeper and more refreshing. This effect can be attributed to the L-Dopa, and the effect stuck around from the beginning til the end of my run.

The next effect I noticed was increased appetite, which could be an effect of the L-Dopa, or a side effect of increased testosterone and nutrient uptake/turnover. This effect started about 10 days into my 30 day run and only lasted for a week.

Next effect was actually a decrease in libido and my body beginning to dry out right when the appetite increase ended at day 17. A few days later my libido completely changed gears and I became an insatiable bedroom monster. One of the definite highlights of my run was the craziness under sheets. I don't want to get too graphic, but my gf was too sore to keep up with my pace.

By day 20 the dryness was really getting noticeable from an aesthetic perspective. This effect carried through til a week after the run ended. It was another highlight of the run. I have never looked better in my life than during the last week of this run. (pictures up in my log ) Unfortunately, the dry muscles came with a nasty little side effect of dry joints. It really put a damper on some of the later workouts during this run. For that reason I don't know if I could've run much more than a single bottle of this.

I can't claim to have gained any lean body mass. I hopped on the body comp analyzer before and after my run and it actually increased from 10.7% to 10.9%, without any notable change in weight. I was eating slightly over maintenance the whole run, and I actually really pulled my diet together for it.

Strength gains were there, but they didn't seem to be anything extraordinary. In the first 3 weeks my deadlift increased from 335 to 365. I didn't attempt any heavy squats at the very end of my run because of joint discomfort, so it's hard to gauge the increase there.

--Dosing-- 10/10

Everything included in effective amounts, 2 pills in the morning with breakfast and 2 pills before you go to sleep at night. Don't see any room for improvement there.

--Value-- 7/10

This runs for around $33 before shipping. I assume that as the company grows that price point will drop and value will increase, and this company is certainly not going anywhere with products like this. What you're paying for is fully disclosed, high quality ingredients in a unique blend at efficacious levels. AlphaMax doesn't shine from a value perspective, but it is worth it.

--Overall-- 8/10

I loved everything that I saw with this product. I got great sleep, muscles got very dry and tight, and I was wicked frisky. I wish I had more evidence of increased testosterone. While I had a temporary increase in appetite, it would've been nice to see increased acne, aggression, and slightly increased strength gains or decreased recovery.

I think this product definitely has a very clear place in the supplement industry. I will personally use this product again, spending my own money, as a post-ostarine PCT protocol because of the aromatase inhibition and the test stimulation.

I would recommend this product to anybody with aesthetic goals with the caveat that 2 bottles may cause too much dryness to have effective workouts for the whole run.
  May 26, 2014

What's good ladies and gentleman of SR. First and foremost I would like to give a huge shout out to Ant, Cubs, and Nick along with everyone from PerformaxLabs for the opportunity to try out their stellar test booster Alphamax. While I don't have extensive experience with multiple different test boosters, I have tried a few and felt I could give an adequate comparison to those like Anabeta Elite, Testogen XR, and more. Lets jump in!

I can't do the profile justice like Brent, but I can recap for the ingredients I am familiar with:

Arimistane- 75mg- this was first interested me as I have run Erase Pro in the past and I loved it. I know the pros and cons of arimistane, so I could judge whether or not it was effective within Alphamax. It was.

Coleus Forskohlii- normally I have run this at levels around 100-150mg in the past, so 50mg was a low dose for me from a fat burning side, but since this product isnt about burning, rather it relies on Coleus to aid in it's ability to increase testosterone.

98% DOPA (300mg) and ZMA (120mg)- I have used PowerFull in the past with some effect, but nothing to write home about. I was skeptical of Alphamax using it as a sleep aid, but I was pleasantly surprised. Although I had no crazy psycho dreams, the sleep I would get was astounding. For me, it rivaled Resurrect-PM by RCSS. I have always been a late night workout person, so sometimes I don't get to bed until midnight or later, meaning I get on average 6 hours of sleep. When I would get the less, it still felt like I got 8+ hours because the sleep was deep and relaxing.

This is where I got tripped up at first. I started with one dose upon rising, one mid day. Then I switched to one mid day, one preworkout. i finally ended at one preworkout and one before bed after talking with the reps, but I wish this protocol could have been made more clear on the label. Its a very minor hiccup, but one that I thought should be noted.

Effectiveness- 9

This product straight up worked. From a Pr standpoint, I was on top of the game. On April 19th, I attempted a new PR of 405lbs for Sumo deadlifts and was able to get it about 3 inches off the floor. Im new to the Sumo game, but I still got very discouraged by not hitting it. By may 15th, I hit 405 for one rep, and was very pleased. I can safely say this product played a key role in hitting this PR and other PR's as well. On other notes, I felt more alpha in the gym, but my focus was spotty. Sometimes it was on the work at hand, sometimes it was on the yoga pants around the gym. This did get distracting at times, but I was still able to dial in each set and push my limits with every workout. As previously noted, the sleep was amazing as well.

Side Effects- 4 (lower the better)

I did experience dry joints during my cycle of Alphamax. It was expected from the Arimistane, but nothing some additional fish oil couldn't fix. It got a little worse towards the end, but I was able to work around it without damaging my joints. The libido distraction aspect could be considered a side effect, although not a negative one haha.

Value- 8
This is between $27-$32 for a bottle around the web, so its right in the mix with other test boosters money wise. The fact that it uses higher grade ingredients and its additional punch in versatility gives it a step up on the competition.

Overall- 9

I really enjoyed this product and its ability to help me hit multiple PR's during its run. It delivered on its claims and can be placed in the running for one of my favorite pill based test boosters. I would recommend this to anyone wanting an increase in test with an added "lights out" sleep aspect.

For more info and day by day breakdown, visit my log on this product:

May 18, 2014

How's it going SR. Next up for review is Alphamax by Performax Labs. They were kind enough to send this out to me to log and review so I give you guys many thanks for that. Companies are on a constant search of the next big thing in natural test boosters. First it was tribulus which now leaves more to be desired. Next, DAA was introduced and that seems to be working well. Another approach being used is the ability to create more free testosterone and ingredients to help improve sleep, which is the route Performax Labs decided to take with Alphamax. Let's get into it.

Multi/Fish oil
Milk Thistle
Creatine Nitrate/Creatine Mono Pre/Post
Muscle Pharm Combat Powder Post
Modern BCAA+ Intra
Stimul8 PWO

Below is a list of the main ingredients and the quantity of each. Also included are:
Vitamin D-2000iU(500%)
Vitamin B6-234mcg(10%0

Urtica Dioica 1400mg daily- Basically another term for stinging nettle root and is known for a release of free testosterone. This makes your body's testosterone more readily available for use for things like libido, lean mass, and better mood to name a few. Ive seen it said that anywhere from 500-1500 mg is recommended so this is a healthy dose.

Mucuna Pruriens Extract(98% L-Dopa) 300mg daily- L-DOPA is the precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline). It enhances your mood and is known for its treatment of Parkinson's disease. It is known to give vivid dreams and relaxation which helps with getting better sleep. It is produced from the pretty popular amino acid L-tyrosine which is known to increase focus. With this dosage, it is mainly going to increase the amount of growth hormone circulating in the system(200-500mg). Higher doses will help with testosterone increases(160mg/kg bodyweight).

ARIMISTANE 75mg daily- Popular Armoatase Inhibitor(AI). Controls estrogen and cortisol. Benefits from an increase in testosterone and reduction of high levels of estrogen and cortisol. It is a natural compound that is a downstream metabolite of DHEA that exists in the body. Arimistane will elevate your natural myotropic state, leading to more muscle mass, better recovery, decreased fat storage, and increased libido. The first effects users notice is a drying out and hardening effect, showing increases in vascularity and increased definition. The average dose is anywhere from 50-200mg so at 75mg it's a nice dosage but not on the high end.

Coleus Forskohlii(95% Forskolin) 50mg daily- Shown to help with body weight management. Increases cAMP which increases the rate of fat loss and increases testosterone levels. Shown to help with lean body mass gain. Helps with weight loss by making you feel fuller and therefore not eating as much because of a decrease in enjoyment of food. It is said to stimulate lipolysis which helps breakdown fat, increase BMR, increase thermogenesis from food amoung other things. Best thing to take away from this is that it is said to help lose fat while maintaining or increasing muscle mass. I am a bit confused on the dosage though. I can only find where it has been used at 250mg with 10% extract of forskolin.. In theory, that would mean if you divide the 250mg by 10, you would get 25mg and at 95%, this seems about right? Maybe I can get some clarification on that.

ZMA 120mg daily- Helps with REM sleep and is said to increase testosterone but not really for healthy men. This is a highly debated ingredient but anything that helps with sleep can be of benefit to most people. I am also confused on the dosage on this. ZMA is made up of zinc, magnesium, and B6. Recommended Dosage for the zinc is 30mg, magnesium 450mg, and B6 11mg. So this is highly underdosed when you add them all up? Pardon my ignorance.

Vitamin D3 4000 IU daily- Everyone knows vitamin d helps with bone health but it also helps boost testosterone mainly due to it being able to regulate the aromatase enzyme. 3000 IU is recommended year round so there is a fat dose of this.

2 pills twice a day isn't bad. The bottle contained a 30 day supply. What I did like was the ability to vary how you dosed it. I normally went with one does 30 minutes PWO and the 2nd dose before bed. I experimented as well. I took two in the morning and two PWO as well as two in the morning and 2 pre bed. I enjoyed the boost it gave PWO and the sleep quality so that's why I went with that dosage most of the time.

This was noticed most in the days where I took the first serving in the morning. I felt more on top of things and it was just easier to focus.

I'll admit I have had better libido with other test boosters but it did become apparent that there was an increase. This is not a very important effect for me as a 27 year old man but it is a good sign to see during the run.

Strength Gain-8.5
I saw my strength increase steadily in just about every way. Endurance was increased for high volume days and for low volume days I was able to get quality reps of sets of 3-5. There were a handful of rep PR's during this run but not much increase for 1RM's.

Body Composition- 9
This was probably my favorite quality of this product. I gained a total of about 3 pounds all while increasing hardness, leanness, and vascularity. I received a few comments on how I was getting "huge" as well which is always fun. My frame got a little wider and more defined. In this aspect, I feel like this may be the best performing product Ive used.

Great, consistent sleep. It didn't perform quite like a GH booster like MassHGH or Resurrect PM but it was very good for the amount of sleep ingredients in contained. Feel asleep easier, stayed asleep, and had very vivid dreams almost every night. No sleep hangover to note either. I always felt relatively refreshed even though I hate mornings.

I usually don't get a ton of soreness but this seemed to help keep me that way. I always felt fresh when training. I probably take this for granted and also use other supplements to help with this but it is still on par when compared with other test boosting products.

When Taken PWO-7.8
I did get a noticeably better pump when working out. It may have increased energy and stamina but it would have been more subtle. Still not as good as Testogen or Dpol though.

Side Effects-8
I did get some increased acne on my face, back, and chest. This is very rare for me but it is a good sign of increased test so I didn't mind. During the last week of the run I noticed slight joint pain and it was only really located in my right knee. That could be caused by many things so Im not sure if it was the arimistane of just a tweak. Either way I did not get achy joints and some might get from the estrogen control.

As far as price, this is going to run an average of about 35 dollars. That isn't bad for what you get from this product but I think it would be easier to sell at closer to 30. They used recommended dosages with quality ingredients so that has to be taken into consideration when looking at this.

This product deserves a solid 9 from me. It performed beyond my expectations and I was quite pleased to have had this much success. I would highly recommend that you give this a try. With all the key, quality ingredients contained here, it is going to be hard for this to miss many users in terms of effectiveness. I also think it should be noted that I think with adding some bulk DAA powder to this, you should see some great results and is something that I will be willing to try in the future.

Here is the link to the log:
  • Recovery
  • Acne

March 8, 2014

Thanks to the reps over at Perform Max, as well as Petey himself for the hook up.

Let's not delay this any longer...

As a whole I like the ingredient profile as a whole, save for maybe one possible issue.

The ingredients seem consistent with the intent of the product, & appear to be dosed appropriately. I'm so-so on the inclusion of ZMA (I'm so-so on ZMA as a whole), the inclusion of Vitamin D3 is nice, & I like the inclusion of Arimistane®. However, I'm not too sure about the dosage of said Arimistane®. I've seen the dosage recommended at 50mg or more in some places, but it is dosed at 37.5mg per two pills (one serving). That being said, other products like PES' Erase has Arimistane® dosed at 25mg per serving. Furthermore, at the recommended four pills per day, you are getting around 75mg per day. To be fair, I'm not all that familiar with Arimistane®, so I could be just thinking too much about it.

Everything else jives for the most part.

To be frank, I don't think Alpha Max worked as well as I would have hoped.

I did notice some increase in testosterone, but mostly though side effects (specifically acne/"backne"). I won't say that it didn't work in that respect, but not as pronounced as other test-boosters I've used in the past.

As far as estrogen control, I would have to say it did to an extent. Again, I noticed the side effects more (dry/sore joints) & felt that I was leaner in some respects. My veins popped a bit better, shoulders were a tad more pronounced, but nothing exceptional. That being said, I don't expect much from over the counter products in terms of results. I do believe they will help, but just to an extent.

All that said, when I see products like Alpha Max I automatically think "PCT" or "stack with another, stronger test-booster". In those respects, I do feel Alpha Max would have performed much better than it did on its own.

Alpha Max is priced around $35 or so, which is quite comparable to other similar products. For that price you get 60 servings (two pills), which should last right around 30 days/one month at four pills per day (recommended dose). All that considered, the value is about right.

I feel under different circumstances, Alpha Max would have fared much better than the score it received. I wouldn't say products similar to Alpha Max are designed for a specific use, but they do seem to excel under those circumstances. As a stand-alone, though, Alpha Max is very average.
  • Less Effective Solo

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.