Pro Complex

By: Optimum

Pro Complex is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Does Pro Complex work?
Click to Expand
birdman2211

In my opinion Optimums Pro Complex is the best overall protein available. Lets face it there is alot of low quality and over priced proteins on the market so why not spend a little more and get the absolute best! The two main sources of proteins in Pro Complex are whey and egg albumen witch makes it very versatile. You can basically use it anytime you want, mourning, in between meals, pre-workout or post-workout. Pro Complex also has the most impressive amino acid profiles I have seen. Two scoops contain 60g of high quality protein, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 1g of sugar, 14g of BCAA's, 10g of glutamine and a good blend of very important vitamins and essential minerals! Pro Complex is also great for those who watch their carb intake cause it only contains 3 net carbs.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Pro Complex leads the way in Building new lean muscle and assists in recovery due to the fact of its amazing profile! You can definitely tell it's helping your body recover from those hard workouts.

-Taste 9/10: I've only tried the rich milk chocolate. Mixed with water it tastes kinda dull, if you like a sweetier taste just use less water. Personally I mix it with hoods low-carb milk giving it 8 more grams of protein and a creamier more satisfying taste.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixes perfect with either water or milk in a shaker cup. Never had any problems with clumping yet.

-Value 9/10: Yes, everybody knows Pro Complex is priced on the high side but bottom line you get what you pay for. At least for me I want results and quality so I have know problem with paying a few bucks more for this protein....trust me its worth it!

Pro complex will not disappoint you! Like I stated before the profile is second to none. I will continue to use this protein and I highly recommend this to everyone.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery

• bigworm89
    January 16, 2011

And the bird just showed the newer guys why he is one of the top 3 users. good review
  • Cray
    January 16, 2011

It's been too long! Great review Bird.

I hope some newer members read this and realize that THIS is how a proper review is done.
    January 16, 2011

Thanks wormy, I appreciate that!
    January 16, 2011

You too Cray, big thanks!
  • shinndigg
    January 16, 2011

Good review man, I'm looking forward to trying this product.
  • joe651dzd
    January 17, 2011

Nice man, i grabbed a small tub of vanilla at gnc on close date for like 22 bucks. i love it. pretty dec taste.
  • Highland10
    January 17, 2011

As usual, Birdman, great review. Full-fledged and informative, your review describes the product perfectly!
  • IamAlex
    January 17, 2011

Great review bro. I just cracked open my tub of this and I too have the rich chocolate. I must admit that I'm somewhat disappointed with the taste.. I've yet to mix it with my light chocolate soy tho. But in water its definitely lacking IMO.
    January 17, 2011

I can name two protein brands that are just as good as pro Complex and less exspensive. The first is Syntha-6 by bsn. Almost every Syntha-6 flavor is deliscious (Moccachino is the most unique tasting protein I've ever had). Second is the new Elite Fusion 7 by Dymatize. These blended proteins are on par with Pro Complex in every 'whey,' minus the outrageous price.
    January 17, 2011

I'm going to have to disagree with you kineticpen. Syntha-6 is not in the same class a pro complex. Reason being look at both profiles....not even close. Syntha-6 has more fat, carbs, cholesterol and far less protein per serving than pro complex. Like I said you get what you pay for!
  • Rebel29073
    January 17, 2011

Great review. Wish I saw it before I got my Dymatize elite 7 5 lb tub :\ Gonna be a while before i can try this now...curious as to why two scoops at one time...do you actually synthesize all that or is it best to do one scoop with 1% milk? I have seen discussions saying g30 grams per serving is usually the most your actually absorb. Thoughts on that please?
  • Cbunt2010

Rebel29073:

Your partially correct. On average your body can usually only absorb 30g of protein AT ONCE. Pro Complex is a PROTEIN BLEND(isolates, concentrates, and hydro) that contains slow, med, and fast absorbing proteins. So your body isn't getting access to all that protein at once. That's why they recommend 2 scoops, because they are different time releasing proteins.
    January 18, 2011

Must have missed this review. Lmao, did Kinetic seriously try to even put Syntha 6 in the same class as Pro complex? What a meth head.
  • cablexman
    January 18, 2011

I am a Pro Complex drinker myself. I believe it's worth every penny you pay for this product. Have you tried the Pro Complex Natural? The taste is a lot better than the regular Pro Complex so maybe give it a shot if you haven't tried it yet. Great review
  • hives
    January 18, 2011

Okay, So you have me sold on this product. Do you recommend taking anything else with it? Ive recently gotten into the lifting and have been going strong for 3 months. I hit the gym 6 days a week and lift about twice a day most days. I have yet to really put on any size or gain any significant strength talking maybe 10 pounds to my bench, and its fairly discouraging. Currently I am taking C4, the GNC Amplified Wheybolic 60, and kre-akalyn. Im also eating 6 clean meals a day.
    I am Male
    6'2
    comments/concerns/recommendations are appreciated
  • Shaggy666
    January 18, 2011

Nice review bro.im using this product these days and its really amazing.i live in Pak and have to pay about a 100$ for this.i buy it from GNC but its worth the price i guess and almost all supliments are expensive here.
  • qstick99
    January 18, 2011

Nice description of the product, found this very useful as I have recently taken up lifting and have been doing some research on protein supps to try and hopefully make a good decision as I'm learning as I go here. Looks like I can't really go wrong with trying this one though.
  • TheSecret
    January 19, 2011

Nice review I love this product
    @shaggy666
    Ask your GNC what stores/website they will price match cause I know some will match. Could maybe save some $ for another tub
  • TheSecret

Oh yea Almost forgot. Syntha-6 is no where close to pro complex. That's all
  • gerardseetoh
    January 19, 2011

Hi im thinking of getting this but im kinda worried about the amount of sodium in it. Whats ur take on that?
  • cashprince
    January 19, 2011

I just joined the site and I have a brand new bottle, same flavor. I hope to learn from this site. thanks for the imformative review
  • asdasd197

Nice review!

Not sure why you would use it when in mourning though unless you are recovering from a funeral.
  • RNJ7377
    January 19, 2011

Just got some! Can't wait to try
  • Superdude246
    December 16, 2013

Hey birdman i know i might already know the answer but if you could only afford combat or pro complex which would ypu choose?

Most of us have experimented with numerous proteins and protein types throughout our physical fitness experiences.

I typically always used a Whey Protein product for pre or post workout shakes, however when I came across Pro Complex and did a little research I decided to give it a try.

This was my first "protein blend" and I really love this product. The biggest plus for me was the versatility. You can use this first thing in the morning, as a meal replacement, pre or post workout. Obviously the different proteins digest at different rates, which makes it so effective in my opinion.

It also has BCAAs and some glutamine which provide you with necessary Aminos and aid in the recovery phase.

As far as mixing and taste, I am a huge strawberry fan as I grew tired of always having chocolate or vanilla. However, a lot of strawberry flavored proteins tasted horrible to me until I tried the Strawberry Swirl Pro Complex.. Definitely think that is a great flavor. It mixes very easy too and I find that I like to not put too much water because it makes it a little thicker, smoother, and not so watered down.

The price is the only thing that I feel holds this product down a little bit. Sometimes you just can't afford it every time so that is a con, but you can always try to find a good deal. I recently got a tub from GNC on sale, and before that I purchased from AllStarHealth.com for much cheaper than anywhere else at that time.

In summery, this product is very effective, very versatile, tasty, and you get 60g of protein in just 2 scoops. I took at least 2 or 3 scoops every day or so and it lasted me a while so if you're looking for a protein blend this stuff has a great reputation.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains

June 26, 2011

Nice first review big bro, not bad at all!
  • Blade410
    June 26, 2011

Welcome to the site Manimal brother.
  • kroberts9
    June 26, 2011

Pop goes the cherry on the first review not bad at all!! two manimals whats next another bigworm?
  • Cray

Excellent 1st review.
  • joeoftwins
    June 26, 2011

Good job and thanks for serving.
  • Frankiemusc
    June 27, 2011

@Krob please, one big worm is enough for this site

Manimal

I recently made the switch to this protein after i could no longer afford the price you pay for GNC's AMP wheybolic. I wanted something that came really close in aminos to that that also was low in carbs, calories, and sugar and hopefully at least had a Protein Isolate in it. I went through a tub of this my Sr year of highschool since my friend at GNC sold me a close dated one (4.6 lbs) for 24 bucks and i liked the recovery, taste, and nutritional background of this protein. Safe to say, this is the Easiest mixing protein i have ever had. 10 seconds with a blender bottle and it's complete liquid. The BCAA content is pretty close to AMP wheybolic and it has a great protein blend including whey islolate and egg albumen. It also has a good source of vitamins in it (as any protein supplement should). This is my second tub of the Rocky Road flavor and it's delicious but i think im gonna give another flavor a try next buy. Serving size is 2 scoops for 60 grams of protein but my body can only break down about 40 grams every couple hours so i take a scoop and 1/3 of a scoop post workout, emergency meal replacements, and 1 scoop first thing in the morning on days after a super intense workout. Got 4.6 lbs for a little over $40 on supplementwarehouse.com. You simply cannot go wrong with Pro Complex.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Sugar
  • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
  • Low Carb For Ckd
  • Good Bcaa Profile
  • Good Protein Blend

• mountainman
    April 26, 2010

Great review but seriously man I wouldn't buy anything from supplement warehouse I got my credit card info jacked from too, I may not happen to you this time but eventually it will. Be careful!
    April 26, 2010

I have heard this before and to be honest, its been in the back of my mind recently. Do you know any other sites that are pretty close to the price of supplementwarehouse? Massnutrition and prosource.net are the closest ones i have found.
  • jenncasper01
    April 26, 2010

Ive used AllStarHealth.com or amazon.com dealer Potential Dynamix LLC.

Yall should try illpumpyouup.com
    great selection
    great prices
    and great service
  • MOFF
    April 26, 2010

Nice and detailed review bro. I am currently stacking 100% whey protein, glyco-maize and casein. After my workout I drink 2 scoop whey, 2 scoop glyco-maize and 1 casein(my casein is for when I'm sleeping but I just stacck it after workout also to get a pro-complex kind effect lol). I would like to know if I could replace my casein and whey with the pro complex. I've heard the pro-complex is awesome I'm just not sure if it can replace my casein at night? any advice/tips on that?

and if you need a little cheaper place you can check ebay or vitamin shoppe and also amazing prices vary depending on what your looking for.
  • DBomb

Intesting... Great review
    April 27, 2010

You mentioned you were gonna try a new flavor. Was it by any chance The strawberry? I just bought a 4.6 lb at GNC for 18 bucks... Haha i couldn't turn it down. It goes out of date 1/11, so it's like 3 more months good.
    April 27, 2010

No, i think i ended up trying out the Rich Chocolate a few months after this review.

But It's hard to get a bad flavor with ON man. They make such delicious flavors with high quality. I'm willing to bet the strawberry is pretty tasty as well. Either way, you got a steal my friend.
    April 27, 2010

It taste just like strawberry yoohoo milk which isn't to bad haha...
  • Stanzi2007
    April 27, 2010

Lol, i am switching to Pro Complex from whey 60 too, i have found a bunch of markdown 2.3lb tubs, getting 6 for 8.50 each!!

I've went through two tubs of this stuff, and have got to say, this is something special. I used it primarily as my night time shake before going to bed but also used it sometiems for post-workout.

Mixibility - 10/10
How easisly this stuff mixes is RIDICULOUS. I used only a shaker and it would only take a few shakes before it was completely mixed. I cannot recall ever having clumps when mixing this stuff, not even once. Which I have never experienced with any other protein before, bravo.

Taste - 9/10
Now taste is not the biggest factor to me, I would drink something...

Mixibility - 10/10

Taste - 9/10
Now taste is not the biggest factor to me, I would drink something that tasted like pee if it were helping me out, but this is deff one great tasting protein. I got the chocolate flavor twice because it tasted so great that I was reluctant to try another flavor; delicious indeed. I normally mixed it with milk, just because it was my night time shake and there was no reason not to. But it also tasted great mixed with water as well.

Effectiveness - 9/10
As stated earlier I used this primarily as my night time shake before I went to bed. I also sometimes used it post-workout, but those times were few and far between. That being said I thought that Pro-Complex worked GREAT! My recovery was deff way better then usual, I was hardly sore and ready to get back into the weight room the next day. It should be stated that I also took ON's BCAA 1000 caps during my second tub of this, but Pro-Complex contains a hefty chunk of BCAAs itself, which also does the trick. I also built a signifigant amount of muscle during this time, which was no easy feat considering I wrestle 4-6 times a week which makes it hard to maintain my strength, let alone make gains.

Value - 8/10
If there is one knock on Pro-Complex it is that it is indeed just a little bit pricey. It is a little much to drop on a protein, but when you consider what you are getting, you deff do get what you are paying for, and if you want a great quality product you more then likely will have to shell out some cash. It would have been nice to see a larger size available though.

Overall - 9/10
Overall Pro-Complex is a great product in my opinion, and should be used by anyone looking for a great recovery protein or who is interested in the product. Its always hard to beat ON.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
  • 4.6 Lb Container Is The iggest Size Available

January 24, 2011

Great review donny. I'm not a huge fan of ON, but I can respect, and rep a good reviewer easily.
  • donnydarko
    January 24, 2011

Thanks Kineticpen, I appreciate the reply broski.
    January 24, 2011

No worries donny. Even If I don't agree with someones opinion, or agree with their taste in products that doesn't give me an excuse to spite them. We are all entitled to our opinions and favorites. I base my helpfuls on a different scale.
  • Blade410
    January 24, 2011

Simply the best protein on the market.
  • IamAlex
    January 24, 2011

Great review and yes, Pro Complex is a sweet ass protein.
  • kevO
    January 25, 2011

Good review, P.C. is the best protein blend out there.
  • donnydarko
    January 25, 2011

Thanks guys!

Optimum Nutriton's Pro Complex. The Augmented Protein System. The Augmented Protein System combines 8 sources to create a superior protein blend, designed to enhance your muscle-building potential. (Whey Protein Isolates, Egg Albumen, Hydro Whey, Key form Aminos.)

-Overall, I was really impressed with this product. I went to the mall with a friend and we went into GNC and they had a lot of proteins on sale. I got the 4.6 lb one for like 18-22 bucks. Don't remember which one. Now to the good stuff that matters.

-Taste-(8/10) I got the strawberry swirl because it was the one one sale. I was skeptical about how it was going to taste because it didn't smell appetizing. If you mix it with milk it taste exactly like Strawberry Yahoo Drinks. With water it taste horrible. Unfortinately, today I had my last serving and we were out of milk so I Forced it down and payed my respects to my empty protein container :(. Make sure you always have milk and don't use it with water!

-Mixability-(9985/10) Wow, not much here to say. If your mixing with milk, it literally may take like 4 moderate shakes to get it fully dissolved. I was really impressed with this. You can even use a spoon to mix it up with. If your using water which you shouldn't, don't shake more than like 2 times or it will foam up and make the taste even nastier.

-Value-(8/10) It's 28 servings, but I made it 56. I mean it has freaking 60 grams of protein per serving. Thats beast. 2 Scoops is a serving by the way. I would just mix 1 scoop and drink it like 1 hour 15 min. pre workout, before i take my pre workout (Shock therapy). Then I'd drink 1 scoop immediatly post workout. Occasionaly, I'd mix a scoop and drink mid afternoon, but I get most of my protein through whole foods. Just not economical to drink a whole serving. Even though it's expensive for 28 servings you gotta look at what your getting. I know I got mine for like 20 bucks, but it's normally around 55.

-Recovery-(8/10) Everyone knows as well as I do your not going to get amazing recovery from a protein powder. When rating a protein you have to rate it based on other protein products for recovery. It's not fair to compare to like Glutamine or something. With that said, for a protein powder I did get fairly decent recovery. It has 10 Grams of Glutamine Persecutors in it, so that's probably where most of the recovery comes from. Overall, not to shabby.

-Compared to other proteins, this is probably one of the elites.
Per Serving:
Protein- 60 Grams
Glutamine and Persecutors: 10 Grams
BCAA's- 14 Grams (AMAZING)
Calories- 260
Carbs- 4
Fats-0.5

- I don't really know if you would consider this a lean protein. It's really an ideal protein for any time of the day.

-Overall-(9/10) Overall I liked this a lot and will deffinatly try again in the future. Lookn foward to tryin Hydro Whey. This is expensive, but you pay for what you get. This is probably the most Complete Protein I've ever taken, and that you will ever find. I've been very impressed with Optimum Nutrition products. They are now my new company to turn to when I need protein. I'd really just like to get rich and load up on (Casein, Pro Complex, Hydrowhey, Pro and Oats) haha bunches of protein.. Very good protein would recomend to anyone.

Quick Summary If you don't feel like reading a story:
*Strawberry Swirl mixed with milk taste like Strawberry Yahoo.
*60 G Protein, 14 G BCAA, 10 G Glutamine.
*Fairly Expensive.
*Decent Strength gains.
*Fair recovery.
*Recomend to anyone, if you haven't tried it then please do.
*Don't mix with water, taste like death.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains

• cbiagioli
    November 24, 2010

I tried this not to long ago
    And 100% whey those were my first two optimum products and was impressed
    So then I got the hydro whey and it was incredible! Taste, mixability, and effectiveness! Price was a different story though!
    November 24, 2010

Haha yeah man, 50 bucks isn't very convincing. I'm deff. gonna order when I can scrounge up some money though. What flavor hydrowhey did you get?
  • cbiagioli
    November 24, 2010

I got the chocolate and with water I was very impressed. No bad after taste very smooth going down and mixed immediately!
    At GNC about a month ago I got the one pound container (11 servings) for like 14 bucks I beileve.
    But now I'll have to pay full price I guess!
  • isaacn15
    November 24, 2010

Wow you like the mixability? granted i've only had this and Gold Standard but i find that i get a lot of clumps when i mix it with a spoon.
    also, why wouldnt you say its lean?
    November 24, 2010

Well, sorry you didn't find it easy to mix. It was amazing for me. It has 260 cals per servin. Thats why I said that.
  • taysab23
    November 25, 2010

Im going to get the gainer version of this for bulkin...
    another awesome review homie!
  • petey7408
    November 25, 2010

Not very lean? Protein has 4 calories/gram, and there's 60 grams of protein per serving, so 240 out of those calories are coming from protein. I'd say that's pretty lean, bro.

Not calling you out, just helping you broaden your knowledge a little bit. More important than overall calories is where those calories are coming from.

-AP
    November 25, 2010

"Paid my respects to my empty protein container" lmao, i love it.

Nice job, as always lil bro.
  • taysab23
    November 25, 2010

Why is my comment pending?
    November 25, 2010

@Petey: I understand bro, that why I said I didn't know if I should call it lean. I was just used to like other proteins that have like 150 cals, but thanx for clearin that up for me.
    @Taysab: Not sure, I didn't mark it.
    @Manimal, your the man.
  • petey7408
    November 25, 2010

Its no problem big guy, just curious about your train of thought there.

-AP

Pro Complex is the highest rated protein product on this site for a reason, and it produces results. This was the second protein blend I have tried and I took this when I was wrapping up my bulking phase.

Pro Complex is packed with 60 grams of eight Premium Proteins per serving. The impressive list includes ion-exchange whey protein, cross flow microfiltered whey...

Pro Complex is packed with 60 grams of eight
Premium Proteins per serving. The impressive list includes ion-exchange whey protein, cross flow microfiltered whey protein, egg albumen, glutamine peptides, whey peptides, L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. Pro Complex contains 14 grams of BCAAs, theessential BCAA metabolize in your muscle, rather than your liver. Their is also added gluttamine to help aid with recovery.

This protein is very low in sugar and contains only 4g of carbs and 1g of fat which is a deffinite plus.

Taste: This is one of the better tasting protiens I have tried. I had the Vanilla flavor and it was very creamy and smooth when I adeed it to Almond Milk or skim milk. The flavor beats out Hydro Whey in my oppinion.

Mixability: By far the best and easiest mixing protien powder I have come across. After about 2-3 shakes in the blender bottle and you are ready to go without any nasty clumps or lumps.

Effectiveness: As I said this product produced results. I was able to obtain MASS and size and without putting on much fat. The recovery was incredible, I took two scoops post workout and would wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and strong, not sore and weak.

Value: This is the only con I an think of when it comes to Pro Complex. In stores you can pay and arm and leg for this stuff. I picked up a 2.2lb container of it for around 34 bucks which isn't horrible. I have seen the 4.4lb on buildingbrawn.com for 50 bucks which is a hell of a deal considering they want $100 at GNC.

Overall: This is one of the highest qality protiens available on the market today. Its great for bulks or a cut. If money is not an option then this is a product you need to try, you will deffinetly get what you pay for in Pro Complex.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery

• Beinamonster

Great reveiw
  • adam777
    May 18, 2011

I agree with PC beating out Platinum hydrowhey on taste. Nice review.

Thanks guys
  • maiden666
    May 18, 2011

Great review. this worked great for recovery when their had no gluta-lyn on hand
    May 18, 2011

This is the most overhyped review I have read in quiet some time. I would actually say that you are a paid to promote this product the way you just bragged about. Cut and bulk at the same time? Who are you now Kyle Leon? BULK WITH NO FAT?

You do realize this stuff is loaded with sodium, and you talk about the BCAA's that ON lists on the back of their products. I'm nto dogging Pro Complex at all because this is a fantastic product, however; all protein is are BCAA's broke down into its finer forms. ALL proteins contain these. Also this protein contains NO fat. Which would indicate this protein is for shearly cutting not bulking, unless you plan on taking the full 2 sccops to obtain the 280mg of sodium just to blow yourself up a little bit. Also the fat will hurt your biggest muscle building factor...testosterone.

As I stated I am not bashing Pro complex, because it is an overall FANTASTIC PRODUCT, however; this review seems a bit biased in my opinion.
    May 19, 2011

My friend you make it seem like i have some how offended you. First of all im 19 years old and i go to college, i am in no way affiliated with optimum nutrition or any supplement company or retailer. Im just a normal guy like you you enjoys working out and trying quality supplements. And if you read my review closer i said i gained little fat, i never said i gained none. I was on a lean bulk where i ate clean and had a solid cardio routine. However it is ***ible to build muscle and not lose fat, it is just extremly difficult. Petey put up a forum post called recomposition i suggest you give it a read. If this review ***es you off go read some one elses, i just give honest and thorough reviews and this is one of them.
    May 19, 2011

My post did come off a little strong, I apologize. I do agree with your con about being over priced. I really don't like this protein at all to be honest with you. As I satted, I hate the sodium content in almost all ON products, which is why I find there to be better values out there (myofusion in general or isolate proteins). Good luck with your bodybuilding though. :) Its good to hear you are keeping a good clean diet though!
    May 19, 2011

No worries man apology accepted. And I agree with you saying their are better values. I also like isolate proteins better like hydro whey (also expensive) and i wanna give Iso Whey by Universal a try. Never had Myo Fusion but im tempted.
  • chumpchange
    May 19, 2011

Im confused. first you said
    "I am not bashing Pro complex, because it is an overall FANTASTIC PRODUCT", but then you said,"I really don't like this protein at all to be honest with you". ???
  • killaz5
    May 19, 2011

And bro, just because you are on a bulk doesnt mean you wanna be a fat lard. bulking does not mean eating candy and treats and whatever you want to get big. it means increasing your benifical caloric intake to maximize muscle growth. yes fat helps increase testostorone levels, but excess of fat is just that, an excess and anything more then neccesary will just increase your waistline, not your bicep. Get your fats from healthy sources such as fish oil nuts olive oil etc..not cupcakes and only your weight gainer
  • brazil27
    May 19, 2011

Would you say this is better than animal stak ??
    May 20, 2011

Animal Stak is a test booster and this product is a protein blend and have two different purposes..you could stack them both however
    May 20, 2011

It is a good product as in nutritional value, but its just not for me personally, so I don't like it. It's like saying a certain prework doesn't get you as pumped as another, although people say it hits them the best even though it didn't do crap fo ryou.

In my opinion, this is simply put, the best protein blend out there and will work for anyone's goal. Bottom line is you need protein to build muscle and you need a steady supply to keep you anabolic. This blend has everything you need, fast/medium/slow digesting proteins to keep anabolism going for hours and at 60g per 2 scoop serving, it is very easy to make your protein intake goals. This protein does not contain unnecessary ingredients like many others. It has a great amount of BCAA's and glutamine and mixes just as easily as 100% Whey. I drink mine in milk (chocolate) and it tastes just like chocolate milk. I would not drink this in water as the taste would not be the same but the product is top notch in either medium. The only con I could come up with would be the price as it puts it out of range for a lot of people but you get what you pay for. This is not over-priced even though expensive because its worth every penny. There are far worse proteins out there at comparable cost. If you are looking to run a low-carb diet, this will help. Bulking? This will certainly help. Maintaining? Same thing. This is the #1 protein source in any stack I run and I recommend it highly to anyone looking for a quality blend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Expensive...but Not Over-priced.

I used one large tub of Rocky Road Pro Complex and the results were great.
My strength increased and it was reassuring to know I was getting plentiful amounts of protein well after I had my shake because of the time released formula.
I used one large tub of Rocky Road Pro Complex and the results were great.
It has a phenomenal amino acid profile and my only wish would be that it contained some kind of casein protein but as of now, this is the most superior quality protein available to me under my budget. This brings to mention the cost, which is slightly higher than comparable proteins but still manageable if you prioritize it according to its importance and value in quality.
I would recommend this protein as a MRP and a post workout shake.
Its carbohydrate amount is also very low if you happen to be on a CKD diet.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carb For Ckd
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains

• cityofchamps
    December 19, 2009

Hey man, first off I appreciate your reply on my question about the Opti-Men. I feel a loooott better knowing everything is cool with that little situation. haha ,but I just had a question about this Protein. I was doin some research about it and I was very impressed with the profile. I am taking MyoFusion right now and before I took BSN Syntha 6. I take the MyoFusion throughout the day, and before bed. I think I'm going to try this out after the MyoFusion, but do you think I should get a different Protein for before bed?? or will the Pro-complex be ok.
  • Raptorbh12
    December 19, 2009

This would be a good replacement for MyoFusion since this has more usable Protein per serving and a better amino acid profile.
    I would not use this before bed. I use Optimums 100% Casein Protein, supreme chocolate flavor.
    It costs a lot when you look at purchasing both Proteins but they will last you much longer than one MyoFusion.
  • jonam
    December 19, 2009

Gud review, my weight is 141 pound, having lean body except little fat over lower abs, m planning to go with PRO COMPLEX GAINER, to gain weight, plz suggest me the tym of dose.thanx, will i gain weight in d form of fat or muscle
  • mo
    Rep: -2
    December 19, 2009

What do u think about quickmass or quickmass loaded?

This protein has one of the best profiles out there. Very high levels of amino's and particularly Glutamine, which makes this a fantastic protein to have in your arsenal. I decided to try and replace my other proteins with Pro Complex and see what kinds of results I got. I dropped my Dark Matter for a while and started using this for my recovery as well. Not too shabby! I have to give it up to ON again, and even though this isnt the first time Ive used Pro Complex, it was the first time I tried to use it almost exclusively. As far as recovery goes, I really have to hand it to ON, I thought that I was going to notice a huge difference from Dark Matter, but there was only a little. Dark Matter has creatine and waxy maize which I had kind of gotten used to, and that "second pump" that it gives me I missed a little. But Pro Complex left me feeling good in the recovery department! Also, knowing I was getting 60 grams of protein (from a blend) made me feel like I was feeding my body what it needed in the right amounts post workout. Overall, this product has a great profile, one of the best Ive seen. Its a little pricier than some others, but it works so its worth every penny. Taste is decent, better than I expected really. The chocolate tastes like instant hot cocoa that you mixed in water, and with milk its delicious. I took Animal Pak, Kre Alkalyn 1500, and have started the Asteroid Stack again since Ive been using it, and man the results are quick, noticeable, and solid. And again, the recovery is surprising with Pro Complex. If youre looking for a real protein product thats going to help you achieve your goals, look no further.

• AbsoluteZ3R0
    August 17, 2009

Lol I don't understand how people can actually think Pro-Complex tastes good. It's an awesome product no doubt, but it's the worst tasting protein I've ever used, period.
  • AnabolicAdam

--From Abosolute Zero's profile

"I don't work out my legs (sue me), but I know I should.
    Favorite food: Chicken wings"

Lol, Bro, You and I would get along great. I know you said youre new to building and supplementation, trust me there are A LOT of proteins out there that tastes far worse. Im trying Nitro Core 24 right now, Ive got 2 6# tubs, and I want to see how it stacks up against PC. So far, it tastes great. But Ill let you know how it goes if you'd like.
  • dammit
    August 17, 2009

Zero - I've been consuming protein shakes for over 10 years and Pro Complex (at least for those of us with the first whey proteins) is by far and away better tasting than a mountain of other protein products. I am not sure which proteins you have tried and liked better, or maybe you just have a much different expectance of what these should taste like. N-LargeII is an ok gainer but does not taste nearly as good as anything form Optimum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has different tastes but once you've gone through a few different brands, come back to anything from Optimum and I'd be surprised if you didnt enjoy it.
  • lax4life
    August 17, 2009

You think its more beneficial to use this as just a post work out supplement or a breakfast shake?
  • headbanger51
    August 17, 2009

I read your profile...if you had to choose between Pro Complex and Kre Alkalyn 1500, which would it be? I'm unsure of where to start and I'm not even sure I'll have the money to do both. Thanks for the help and the review!
  • jonam
    August 18, 2009

Gud review, my weight is 141 pound, having lean body except little fat over lower abs, m planning to go with PRO COMPLEX GAINER, to gain weight(muscle), plz suggest me the tym of dose.thanx, will i gain weight in d form of fat or muscle

jgn2112

Bottom line up front, if you were to have only one protein supplement, this should be it. It's basically a combination of several different kinds of whey proteins and egg albumen. So what you get is the 1-2 punch of a fast-absorbing protein with the different blends of whey followed by another "dose" of protein absorbed more slowly...the egg albumen. This makes it the Ultimate protein cuz you can basically take it any time but is probably most effective taken at breakfast and/or especially post workout. I currently do not have a post workout supp, so I take ON PC with 2 kre-alks immediately after my workout. With 60g of protein in a serving, you're getting a substantial amount of goods delivered where you need them most...and its very efficient in the absorbtion as well so there is no waste. Basically ON has created the Ultimate protein supplement, IMHO. The taste is delicious (I've gone through 2 4.4lb tubs of rich milk chocolate), which is nice because you're drinking basically an entire shaker full with one serving (8-12 oz of water). So again, because it's a larger dose with each serving, it's a great shake to have if you're gonna go awhile before eating again. The only downside is that this stuff is expensive and the largest container currently made is 4.4lbs. It's seriously as expensive as I'd wanna pay for something that's gonna last me a month. Definitely shop around online or wait until GNC has one of their rare specials that actually includes ON products when you buy so you get the most bang for your $. As an aside, I know this is really superficial, but it annoys me that ON products are always, "X rounded scoops" or "X heaping scoops" per serving. Why don't they just make their scoops just a little bit bigger? I guess I'm just an exact kinda person. Sue me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains

• jgn2112
    June 10, 2010

My bad...replace anything that says, "4.4lbs" with "4.6lbs" -- that's the largest size.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.