Pro Complex Reviews

By: Optimum

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

9.4
10 39

Ranks #1 of 65 (better than 100%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Pro Complex is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (12)

CATEGORY PREVALENCE

COMPARE SIMILAR

birdman2211

January 16, 2011

In my opinion Optimums Pro Complex is the best overall protein available. Lets face it there is alot of low quality and over priced proteins on the market so why not spend a little more and get the absolute best! The two main sources of proteins in Pro Complex are whey and egg albumen witch makes it very versatile. You can basically use it anytime you want, mourning, in between meals, pre-workout or post-workout. Pro Complex also has the most impressive amino acid profiles I have seen. Two scoops contain 60g of high quality protein, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 1g of sugar, 14g of BCAA's, 10g of glutamine and a good blend of very important vitamins and essential minerals! Pro Complex is also great for those who watch their carb intake cause it only contains 3 net carbs.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Pro Complex leads the way in Building new lean muscle and assists in recovery due to the fact of its amazing profile! You can definitely tell it's helping your body recover from those hard workouts.

-Taste 9/10: I've only tried the rich milk chocolate. Mixed with water it tastes kinda dull, if you like a sweetier taste just use less water. Personally I mix it with hoods low-carb milk giving it 8 more grams of protein and a creamier more satisfying taste.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixes perfect with either water or milk in a shaker cup. Never had any problems with clumping yet.

-Value 9/10: Yes, everybody knows Pro Complex is priced on the high side but bottom line you get what you pay for. At least for me I want results and quality so I have know problem with paying a few bucks more for this protein....trust me its worth it!

Pro complex will not disappoint you! Like I stated before the profile is second to none. I will continue to use this protein and I highly recommend this to everyone.
  • Great Recovery
ManimalSr
  June 26, 2011

Most of us have experimented with numerous proteins and protein types throughout our physical fitness experiences.

I typically always used a Whey Protein product for pre or post workout shakes, however when I came across Pro Complex and did a little research I decided to give it a try.

This was my first "protein blend" and I really love this product. The biggest plus for me was the versatility. You can use this first thing in the morning, as a meal replacement, pre or post workout. Obviously the different proteins digest at different rates, which makes it so effective in my opinion.

It also has BCAAs and some glutamine which provide you with necessary Aminos and aid in the recovery phase.

As far as mixing and taste, I am a huge strawberry fan as I grew tired of always having chocolate or vanilla. However, a lot of strawberry flavored proteins tasted horrible to me until I tried the Strawberry Swirl Pro Complex.. Definitely think that is a great flavor. It mixes very easy too and I find that I like to not put too much water because it makes it a little thicker, smoother, and not so watered down.

The price is the only thing that I feel holds this product down a little bit. Sometimes you just can't afford it every time so that is a con, but you can always try to find a good deal. I recently got a tub from GNC on sale, and before that I purchased from AllStarHealth.com for much cheaper than anywhere else at that time.

In summery, this product is very effective, very versatile, tasty, and you get 60g of protein in just 2 scoops. I took at least 2 or 3 scoops every day or so and it lasted me a while so if you're looking for a protein blend this stuff has a great reputation.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
Manimal

April 26, 2010

I recently made the switch to this protein after i could no longer afford the price you pay for GNC's AMP wheybolic. I wanted something that came really close in aminos to that that also was low in carbs, calories, and sugar and hopefully at least had a Protein Isolate in it. I went through a tub of this my Sr year of highschool since my friend at GNC sold me a close dated one (4.6 lbs) for 24 bucks and i liked the recovery, taste, and nutritional background of this protein. Safe to say, this is the Easiest mixing protein i have ever had. 10 seconds with a blender bottle and it's complete liquid. The BCAA content is pretty close to AMP wheybolic and it has a great protein blend including whey islolate and egg albumen. It also has a good source of vitamins in it (as any protein supplement should). This is my second tub of the Rocky Road flavor and it's delicious but i think im gonna give another flavor a try next buy. Serving size is 2 scoops for 60 grams of protein but my body can only break down about 40 grams every couple hours so i take a scoop and 1/3 of a scoop post workout, emergency meal replacements, and 1 scoop first thing in the morning on days after a super intense workout. Got 4.6 lbs for a little over $40 on supplementwarehouse.com. You simply cannot go wrong with Pro Complex.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Protein Blend
  • Good Bcaa Profile
donnydarko
  January 24, 2011

I've went through two tubs of this stuff, and have got to say, this is something special. I used it primarily as my night time shake before going to bed but also used it sometiems for post-workout.

Mixibility - 10/10
How easisly this stuff mixes is RIDICULOUS. I used only a shaker and it would only take a few shakes before it was completely mixed. I cannot recall ever having clumps when mixing this stuff, not even once. Which I have never experienced with any other protein before, bravo.

Taste - 9/10
Now taste is not the biggest factor to me, I would drink something that tasted like pee if it were helping me out, but this is deff one great tasting protein. I got the chocolate flavor twice because it tasted so great that I was reluctant to try another flavor; delicious indeed. I normally mixed it with milk, just because it was my night time shake and there was no reason not to. But it also tasted great mixed with water as well.

Effectiveness - 9/10
As stated earlier I used this primarily as my night time shake before I went to bed. I also sometimes used it post-workout, but those times were few and far between. That being said I thought that Pro-Complex worked GREAT! My recovery was deff way better then usual, I was hardly sore and ready to get back into the weight room the next day. It should be stated that I also took ON's BCAA 1000 caps during my second tub of this, but Pro-Complex contains a hefty chunk of BCAAs itself, which also does the trick. I also built a signifigant amount of muscle during this time, which was no easy feat considering I wrestle 4-6 times a week which makes it hard to maintain my strength, let alone make gains.

Value - 8/10
If there is one knock on Pro-Complex it is that it is indeed just a little bit pricey. It is a little much to drop on a protein, but when you consider what you are getting, you deff do get what you are paying for, and if you want a great quality product you more then likely will have to shell out some cash. It would have been nice to see a larger size available though.

Overall - 9/10
Overall Pro-Complex is a great product in my opinion, and should be used by anyone looking for a great recovery protein or who is interested in the product. Its always hard to beat ON.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
  • 4.6 Lb Container Is The iggest Size Available
kubitzky10
  November 24, 2010

Optimum Nutriton's Pro Complex. The Augmented Protein System. The Augmented Protein System combines 8 sources to create a superior protein blend, designed to enhance your muscle-building potential. (Whey Protein Isolates, Egg Albumen, Hydro Whey, Key form Aminos.)

-Overall, I was really impressed with this product. I went to the mall with a friend and we went into GNC and they had a lot of proteins on sale. I got the 4.6 lb one for like 18-22 bucks. Don't remember which one. Now to the good stuff that matters.

-Taste-(8/10) I got the strawberry swirl because it was the one one sale. I was skeptical about how it was going to taste because it didn't smell appetizing. If you mix it with milk it taste exactly like Strawberry Yahoo Drinks. With water it taste horrible. Unfortinately, today I had my last serving and we were out of milk so I Forced it down and payed my respects to my empty protein container :(. Make sure you always have milk and don't use it with water!

-Mixability-(9985/10) Wow, not much here to say. If your mixing with milk, it literally may take like 4 moderate shakes to get it fully dissolved. I was really impressed with this. You can even use a spoon to mix it up with. If your using water which you shouldn't, don't shake more than like 2 times or it will foam up and make the taste even nastier.

-Value-(8/10) It's 28 servings, but I made it 56. I mean it has freaking 60 grams of protein per serving. Thats beast. 2 Scoops is a serving by the way. I would just mix 1 scoop and drink it like 1 hour 15 min. pre workout, before i take my pre workout (Shock therapy). Then I'd drink 1 scoop immediatly post workout. Occasionaly, I'd mix a scoop and drink mid afternoon, but I get most of my protein through whole foods. Just not economical to drink a whole serving. Even though it's expensive for 28 servings you gotta look at what your getting. I know I got mine for like 20 bucks, but it's normally around 55.

-Recovery-(8/10) Everyone knows as well as I do your not going to get amazing recovery from a protein powder. When rating a protein you have to rate it based on other protein products for recovery. It's not fair to compare to like Glutamine or something. With that said, for a protein powder I did get fairly decent recovery. It has 10 Grams of Glutamine Persecutors in it, so that's probably where most of the recovery comes from. Overall, not to shabby.

-Compared to other proteins, this is probably one of the elites.
Per Serving:
Protein- 60 Grams
Glutamine and Persecutors: 10 Grams
BCAA's- 14 Grams (AMAZING)
Calories- 260
Carbs- 4
Fats-0.5

- I don't really know if you would consider this a lean protein. It's really an ideal protein for any time of the day.

-Overall-(9/10) Overall I liked this a lot and will deffinatly try again in the future. Lookn foward to tryin Hydro Whey. This is expensive, but you pay for what you get. This is probably the most Complete Protein I've ever taken, and that you will ever find. I've been very impressed with Optimum Nutrition products. They are now my new company to turn to when I need protein. I'd really just like to get rich and load up on (Casein, Pro Complex, Hydrowhey, Pro and Oats) haha bunches of protein.. Very good protein would recomend to anyone.

Quick Summary If you don't feel like reading a story:
*Strawberry Swirl mixed with milk taste like Strawberry Yahoo.
*60 G Protein, 14 G BCAA, 10 G Glutamine.
*Fairly Expensive.
*Decent Strength gains.
*Fair recovery.
*Recomend to anyone, if you haven't tried it then please do.
*Don't mix with water, taste like death.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
jdthered
  May 18, 2011

Pro Complex is the highest rated protein product on this site for a reason, and it produces results. This was the second protein blend I have tried and I took this when I was wrapping up my bulking phase.

Pro Complex is packed with 60 grams of eight Premium Proteins per serving. The impressive list includes ion-exchange whey protein, cross flow microfiltered whey protein, egg albumen, glutamine peptides, whey peptides, L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. Pro Complex contains 14 grams of BCAAs, theessential BCAA metabolize in your muscle, rather than your liver. Their is also added gluttamine to help aid with recovery.

This protein is very low in sugar and contains only 4g of carbs and 1g of fat which is a deffinite plus.

Taste: This is one of the better tasting protiens I have tried. I had the Vanilla flavor and it was very creamy and smooth when I adeed it to Almond Milk or skim milk. The flavor beats out Hydro Whey in my oppinion.

Mixability: By far the best and easiest mixing protien powder I have come across. After about 2-3 shakes in the blender bottle and you are ready to go without any nasty clumps or lumps.

Effectiveness: As I said this product produced results. I was able to obtain MASS and size and without putting on much fat. The recovery was incredible, I took two scoops post workout and would wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and strong, not sore and weak.

Value: This is the only con I an think of when it comes to Pro Complex. In stores you can pay and arm and leg for this stuff. I picked up a 2.2lb container of it for around 34 bucks which isn't horrible. I have seen the 4.4lb on buildingbrawn.com for 50 bucks which is a hell of a deal considering they want $100 at GNC.

Overall: This is one of the highest qality protiens available on the market today. Its great for bulks or a cut. If money is not an option then this is a product you need to try, you will deffinetly get what you pay for in Pro Complex.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
dammit
  April 19, 2010

In my opinion, this is simply put, the best protein blend out there and will work for anyone's goal. Bottom line is you need protein to build muscle and you need a steady supply to keep you anabolic. This blend has everything you need, fast/medium/slow digesting proteins to keep anabolism going for hours and at 60g per 2 scoop serving, it is very easy to make your protein intake goals. This protein does not contain unnecessary ingredients like many others. It has a great amount of BCAA's and glutamine and mixes just as easily as 100% Whey. I drink mine in milk (chocolate) and it tastes just like chocolate milk. I would not drink this in water as the taste would not be the same but the product is top notch in either medium. The only con I could come up with would be the price as it puts it out of range for a lot of people but you get what you pay for. This is not over-priced even though expensive because its worth every penny. There are far worse proteins out there at comparable cost. If you are looking to run a low-carb diet, this will help. Bulking? This will certainly help. Maintaining? Same thing. This is the #1 protein source in any stack I run and I recommend it highly to anyone looking for a quality blend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
Raptorbh12

December 19, 2009

I used one large tub of Rocky Road Pro Complex and the results were great.
My strength increased and it was reassuring to know I was getting plentiful amounts of protein well after I had my shake because of the time released formula.
It has a phenomenal amino acid profile and my only wish would be that it contained some kind of casein protein but as of now, this is the most superior quality protein available to me under my budget. This brings to mention the cost, which is slightly higher than comparable proteins but still manageable if you prioritize it according to its importance and value in quality.
I would recommend this protein as a MRP and a post workout shake.
Its carbohydrate amount is also very low if you happen to be on a CKD diet.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
AnabolicAdam
  August 17, 2009

This protein has one of the best profiles out there. Very high levels of amino's and particularly Glutamine, which makes this a fantastic protein to have in your arsenal. I decided to try and replace my other proteins with Pro Complex and see what kinds of results I got. I dropped my Dark Matter for a while and started using this for my recovery as well. Not too shabby! I have to give it up to ON again, and even though this isnt the first time Ive used Pro Complex, it was the first time I tried to use it almost exclusively. As far as recovery goes, I really have to hand it to ON, I thought that I was going to notice a huge difference from Dark Matter, but there was only a little. Dark Matter has creatine and waxy maize which I had kind of gotten used to, and that "second pump" that it gives me I missed a little. But Pro Complex left me feeling good in the recovery department! Also, knowing I was getting 60 grams of protein (from a blend) made me feel like I was feeding my body what it needed in the right amounts post workout. Overall, this product has a great profile, one of the best Ive seen. Its a little pricier than some others, but it works so its worth every penny. Taste is decent, better than I expected really. The chocolate tastes like instant hot cocoa that you mixed in water, and with milk its delicious. I took Animal Pak, Kre Alkalyn 1500, and have started the Asteroid Stack again since Ive been using it, and man the results are quick, noticeable, and solid. And again, the recovery is surprising with Pro Complex. If youre looking for a real protein product thats going to help you achieve your goals, look no further.
jgn2112
  June 10, 2010

Bottom line up front, if you were to have only one protein supplement, this should be it. It's basically a combination of several different kinds of whey proteins and egg albumen. So what you get is the 1-2 punch of a fast-absorbing protein with the different blends of whey followed by another "dose" of protein absorbed more slowly...the egg albumen. This makes it the Ultimate protein cuz you can basically take it any time but is probably most effective taken at breakfast and/or especially post workout. I currently do not have a post workout supp, so I take ON PC with 2 kre-alks immediately after my workout. With 60g of protein in a serving, you're getting a substantial amount of goods delivered where you need them most...and its very efficient in the absorbtion as well so there is no waste. Basically ON has created the Ultimate protein supplement, IMHO. The taste is delicious (I've gone through 2 4.4lb tubs of rich milk chocolate), which is nice because you're drinking basically an entire shaker full with one serving (8-12 oz of water). So again, because it's a larger dose with each serving, it's a great shake to have if you're gonna go awhile before eating again. The only downside is that this stuff is expensive and the largest container currently made is 4.4lbs. It's seriously as expensive as I'd wanna pay for something that's gonna last me a month. Definitely shop around online or wait until GNC has one of their rare specials that actually includes ON products when you buy so you get the most bang for your $. As an aside, I know this is really superficial, but it annoys me that ON products are always, "X rounded scoops" or "X heaping scoops" per serving. Why don't they just make their scoops just a little bit bigger? I guess I'm just an exact kinda person. Sue me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains