Pro Complex Reviews

By: Optimum

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #2 of 60 (better than 98%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Pro Complex is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (9)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Purest form of whey protein (contains at least 90% protein) that maximizes protein synthesis and minimizes muscle breakdown with almost no carbs or fats.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Pre-digested form of whey protein that speeds digestion and absorption by the body.

COMPARE SIMILAR

sammyboss82
  February 19, 2013

I was looking for a breakfast, between meal, meal replacement (some times) shake to incorporate into my routine. I have 100% WPI Iso Sensation post workout with Vitargo so that is covered.

Mixability/Taste: 9/10
For a blend protein it mixes fantastic. Banana Cream was awesome, all flavours look tasty. Few seconds in shaker container and all sweet.

2 scoops has 60g protein, I tended to dose it at 1-1.5 scoops depending how hungry, or how much protein I needed. 2 scoops was way too much at one time considering it was just added to oats for breakfast / between meals and meal replacement some times.

Formula: 9/10
Blend proteins with Isolate, Concentrate, Egg Albumen etc. For a blend it mixes very nice and tastes great. Low sugar, Low carb.

Comparison to other blends:
I have tried MyoFusion, Fusion7, Muscle Milk. They were all good but the quality of Pro Complex takes my vote.

Looking forward to trying other flavours. Good blend / meal replacement, day time protein. Even before bed with added natural peanut butter, cottage cheese in blender.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
    Jason360
      September 21, 2012

I know, you probably thinking " not another review about pro complex, we already know its the best".

So I have just got through one tub of vanilla in two weeks and I would like to go through what I experienced.

Effectiveness : 10
    I never thought a protein powder would ever give me results that I could say it was down to that but I have been using this one hour before training then within 15 mins after training and I have been staggered at how much muscle soreness has been reduced. I get confused some days as to which muscle group I trained the day before as muscle soreness is pretty much gone, so I really find myself training much harder and mixing exercises up every other time I train the same muscle group. I would say this is a lot down to the huge serving 60g of protein with an BCAA profile of 14g and 10g of glutamine & precursors.

Taste : 7
     I can't really judge fairly on this as I have only tried vanilla, which was ok. I mix with water, so given that this only has 1.7g of sugar per serving I think it fairs very well.

Mixability : 10
    This stuff mixes so quick, I do use a blender but compared to other protein products I've used in the past this really mixes thin and even throughout no lumps or bits sticking to anything.

Value : 10
    I was so reluctant for a long time to buy this product as it was another price hike from what I was previously paying for protein, but now that I have experienced this superb product I will not be buying another to replace it, ever.!

Overall : 10
    This gets a full 10/10 from me, simply the best protein you can get, it really is well worth the extra £$€!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
      IronOak
        May 30, 2012

OVERALL:

In my opinion there is no other protein blend better than Pro Complex. Optimum Nutrition's flagship product is a prime example of what a perfectly well rounded, well proportioned supplement should be.

With minimal calories, ingredients, fillers, sugars and fats, Pro Complex Protein blend delivers nothing less than a full spectrum of different protein sources. Whey isolates, egg albumen, hydrolyzed proteins and one of the industries best line of key free form amino acid profiles are all here to assist you in whatever goal you may have whether it be for muscle gain, or cutting down on fat.

EFFECTIVENESS:

Outstanding. Though I like to try out different protein blends this one will always be my most favored simply because its simple and effective. When I'm looking for a nice supplement of protein after or before a workout and I'm not interested in sugar, carbs, or calories I know I can count on Pro Complex to deliver that need. When I take Pro Complex my recovery time is faster, my strength naturally increases and there is much less hassle going around worrying about carb/fat/sugar intake as I know all I'm getting here is one of the best proteins around. It has always mixed well and the flavors are great as well. That is what makes Pro Complex effective for me.

VALUE:

For the best protein source on the market, and an online price of roughly 35 dollars you literally can't get a better deal.

If you haven't tried Pro Complex yet make sure you find the time for it.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Recovery
      • Good Strength Gains
        bj22511
          April 3, 2012

This is another great product from ON. I loved almost every bit of it...

Taste- 8.0--- I probably made the mistake here. I usually only use Chocolate when it comes to my protein, but i decided to go with vinella. It was alright, but it had a salty taste to it??? I didn't really like it, and i got it with water and milk, but i just quickly downed it and didn't worry about it.

Effectivness- 9.1--- i thought PC did it's job. I used it as a afternoon snack while on my cut, and i was very pleased with it. I can't regard any strength gains to this, but i can say i noticed a difference in recovery while taking it. If i took it one day, the next morning i would feel great, but if i didn't, the next morning i could tell.

Value- 7.5--- This product is marked at a fairly high price. At my GNC, the regular price for the 4.6 lb container, no sale, no Gold Card, is $102.00... Thats pretty freakin outrageous... I got lucky and caught it marked down half price to $61.00 and also it was gold card week. There is a total of 28 servings in a 4.6 lb container, but that is with 2 scoops, which is equivilant to 60 G of Protein. I only used one scoop, and got a total of 58 scoops out of my container.

Overall i was relativly happy with Pro Complex. I will use it again, when i can find it marked down, and in chocolate..
        Good Luck!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        jpount
          March 26, 2012

I had previously used Dymatize ISO-100, but unfortunately, it didn't suit my goals. I lost quite a bit of size, and whilst some other factors influenced this, I really needed to get 'back on track' in terms of developing some good lean muscle. I had wanted to try Pro Complex for months, but it's fairly expensive. Anyway, I decided to give it a try, and I am EXTREMELY glad that I did.

It has a very impressive ingredient profile for a blend, which got my initial interest. 60g protein, 8 different sources of protein and a REALLY good BCAA profile.

Taste: 7/10
        I ordered the Chocolate flavour, and whilst it wasn't the best I have tried to date, it was good enough. With water, it can be a little bland and sort of has a strange aftertaste. Not bad, but it was noticeable for me. When mixed with milk, it tasted a LOT better -- hence my 7/10. It went down a lot smoother, and tasted a lot creamier. It also eliminatd that aftertaste a bit. Taste isn't always the most important thing to me, but Pro Complex passes, so that's a plus.

Mixing: 9/10
        Never had any problems with mixing. Works really well with both water and milk.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
        Maybe I should just give this a 10, but I like to always try and leave some room for imrprovement. That's being a picky SOB though, because this delivered. My recovery was sensatioinal; better than any other product I've tried. I did acompany this with Xtend (and then Atomic 7 later on), so I got a solid dose of BCAA post workout. Having said that, I rarely felt sore the next day. I started working legs hard, and they held up pretty well the following day.

I got some really impressive gains from Pro Complex. As I said previously, I lost a fair bit. I worked really hard to get it back, and right now after finishing the tub, I'm in the best shape of my life. A lot of people have commented on the differences, and whilst a lot of that can be attributed to my diet and training, I won't undersell how good this product is. I couldn't be happier.

The only downfall, for mine. Again, because I live in Australia, this *** is just so over priced. Not much I can do about it living out this way, as supps in general are ridiculous in price.

Overall:
        Best protein blend I have tried on every account by a LONG way. I liked Myofusion, but Pro Complex beats it. I will absolutely buy this product again, but because of the expenses, I'll cycle it. Perhaps buy it twice every 6 months, for example.

If price is not a problem, then really, I see no reason to NOT use this product. I took it mainly as a post work-out shake, but I did use it occasionally as a MRP. That's the good thing about this protein; it's just so versatile. You can use it whenever you want.

If you haven't tried it, or if you're thinking about trying it, get it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Good Strength Gains
        sappergeoff
        Rep: -10
          January 11, 2012

best protein i've ever tried! can't say enough good about it. i convinced a buddy to switch to it who is really big into working out. he researches his products like crazy before he buys it. i let him bum some from me and he switched right away.

not necessarily the best immediate post workout out, go with platinum hydro for that, but as a meal replacement or snack or breakfast or bedtime snack, phenomenal! again can't say enough good things! can't wait til i'm out of my current protein (muscle pharm combat) so i can buy a new tub of pro complex!

only bad thing, it's a little pricey. but you get your money's worth!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Low Sugar
        • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
        • Low Carb For Ckd
        1000ClubCub
          December 5, 2011

This Pro Complex protein is the best protein on the market!! Ive tried numerous proteins, from great to the terrible, and there is my new go to protein. The combination of whey protein and egg albumen allows you to take this protein at pretty much anytime you want, morning, meal replacement, pre workout, post workout, or even at night.

Effectiveness: 10: With Pro Complex I was able to successfully build lean muscle and lose fat at the same time! I also noticed my recovery had improved tremendously with using this protein. This is all possible due to this great product profile

60 g protein
        10 g glutamine
        14 g BCAA
        15 minerals & vitamins (resembles a multivitamin)

Taste 10: I received the vanilla flavor, and my oh my did i make a great choice. Id go as far to say this was the best tasting protein i have ever tried. The best part is it tastes amazing with water, and with milk you'd be sure it was an ice cream shake if you had blind folds!

any tips on next flavor?

Mixability:10: Mixed perfectly in any temperature in milk and water. Also when i lost my blender bottle, stirring this protein with a knife in a cup completely mixed the protein. Never had clumps.

Value 9: The only slight problem with this protein is how expensive it sells for, roughly 60 $. But i won't hesitate to pay that price again because this protein is 100 % worth the price. You get what you pay for. Also dont be turned off by the listed servings, you could easily take only one scoop and still get 30 g protein, 7 BCAA and 5 g glutamine, and the product will last much longer.

Favorite Protein. 100 % try this if you have yet to!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Strength Gains
        • Amazing Taste
        • Great Profile
        scorpiodsu
          October 27, 2011

I've been through 2 tubs of this stuff and I gotta say it's great. I've been through a lot of supplements over the past 2 years looking to gain muscle and have been disappointed in most. I won't go into all the other supplements but I will say at the end of the summer, I just got tired of dealing with all the pills and varying schedules between take them. Since my scheduled varied from day to say I just wanted to go simple. Mind you, I was already taking a protein but I didn't use it the main supplement for muscle gain.

I life 5-6 days a week and was stacking some supplements (with little effect) and a different protein post workout. After doing that for about 3 months, didn't really see anything that I could not do on my own. So like most of you already know, the best way to gain muscle is to lift weights, take in a lot of protein and get enough rest. Seemed simple enough. So I just decided to make 2 shakes per day (120g of protein), instead of the usual 1 post workout and eat more lean protein. I'm happy to say that after 2 months, my weight hasn't changed much but my body composition is a lot better. Chest and arms are a lot bigger and tighter and certainly a lot stronger. 1 month ago I could barely bench 140. I was able to get up 180 last night. Stomach as slimmed down nicely. The wife has definitely notices. She has said some things like "your arms are so tight" and stuff like that. This stuff has been great in recovery as well which is why I like it so much. Instead of taking 4-6 pills to help growth, pre workout and then recovery, I now just take 2 shakes a day, jack3ed before my workout and I'm good to go.

The blend of protein in this is great and it covers a lot of things that people buy separate supplements for. This is why it's more expensive then most. But it's worth it. I will say to those that are really look to put on muscle, stop with all the supplement stacks. Get good rest, lift often, take in grams of protein = or > your weight. You'll get some results with this stuff.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Good Strength Gains
        Rmr
        Rep: 0
          October 22, 2011

IMO great product, in between meals or 2 hours prior to a real intense workout. Taste great. I prefer the chocolate flavor, mixed with some fat free milk, almond milk, it is satisfying and flavorful. 2 scoops @ 60 valuable grams of quality protein all releasing @ different times product is a must in your arsenal. Didn't give me gas, didn't leave me feeling filled. Felt satisfied and ready to move not sluggish. Pair with a grade A whey product and you have all you need to get you through the most brutal of workouts.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        JonaDrop
          September 29, 2011

So, Pro Complex, one of the highest rated supplements on this site. Reason I got this was just that-- it's Universally loved here and I can't say that it did me wrong. Read on.

Pro Complex has (as far as I can tell) a great protein blend. It's got free-form amino acids, vitamins and minerals, digestive enzymes and protein. Lots of it. Two scoops (1 serving) gives you 60g of protein,those enzymes, a good vitamin profile, 10+g of glutamine and precursors. It's got "eight sources of protein" including fast hydrolyzed whey, egg albumin, and whey isolate. I'm no chemist, but everything I've read about this blend is top notch.

Compared to Gaspari MyoFusion (which is a competing blend protein) Pro Complex has less fat, more sodium, a few more vitamins and minerals (including B6 & B12) and a smidgen more protein when compared at similar serving sizes. I'd guess that Pro Complex might be a little better if you're cutting, while the fat in MyoFusion might be more beneficial for a bulk. One thing Pro Complex lacks (again compared to MyoFusion) is a lipid complex (sunflower and flax seed oil). All in all, they're both great blends.

Now, I got the vanilla flavor, thinking it would be the least offensive flavor (and possibly the best to mix with other things, in smoothies, etc.) and by the time I got down to the bottom of the tub I was really pretty sick of "creamy vanilla". I tried mixing it with coconut milk, regular milk, water and even almond milk and I ended up chugging the water mixture more often then not because it was the thinnest (and thus easiest to gulp down.) I have no idea what the other flavors taste like, but I'd caution against the vanilla if you're investing in larger quantities of the stuff. YMMV.

Price-wise, I paid a little over $62 for a 5lb tub that lasted me about two months (one month with light use of 3-4 shakes a week, while the second month I took 5-10 shakes a week) so it's a little pricey, but again, this is a quality blend and thus probably worth it.

Mixability is awesome. I haven't run into any particularly troublesome supplements (as far as mixability is concerned) but this is definitely easy to mix in a shaker or blender. Without a doubt.

And, last but not least, ON is a great brand and this is neither the first, nor the last ON product that I'll be trying. However for the time being, I'm going to take a break from Pro Complex and try MyoFusion-- it never hurts to mix it up.
        • Moderately High Sodium

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.