Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Blends > Optimum > Pro Complex

Optimum Pro Complex

Pro Complex Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (106 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)
Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1

Products in the same category:

MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium Reviews
Pro-Antium (25 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Pro Complex Protein sale at GNC
My local GNC company store had my staple Pro Complex Protein 4.6lb on sale yeste...

Pro Complex Gainer 5 pounder 2 chocolate and 2 banana unopened
I bought these from bodybuilding.com, but found out later that I am allergic to ...

Need an advice about proteins (Casein , Iso - 100 and Pro Complex)
Dears, I'm New to this protien stuff and many friends and Coaches advised ...

Shredding that last little bit of fat? Currently stacking Pro Complex & Creatine
Hey guys, I'm fairly lean and have been eating clean with a caloric deficit...

Cutting Stack: Osta RX, Oxyelite Pro, Pro Complex - am I missing something vital
I am going to be running a cycle of Ostarine/Osta RX.  I'm getting adv...

Pro Complex gainer And gold standard
I bought these two supplements, and I use on serving gold standard when I wake u...

gold standard Pro Complex and casein protein
I bought a gold standard product, pro complex and  casein protein. i can mi...

Pro Complex---on product........
how many times should i consume pro complex and when should i take it??? my wi...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Pro Complex is a blended protein supplement made by Optimum Nutrition. It contains 60g of protein per serving with half being whey and the other half being egg ambulin. This creates a blend of both fast and medium digested proteins as well as having an off the charts BCAA profile and even added glutamine for recovery.

The only downside is the price tag, but anyone that has used this product will tell you that it is definitely worth the investment.

Pro Complex Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Pro Complex Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Recovery (80)
  • Builds Muscle (79)
  • Good Taste (60)
  • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing (59)
  • Expensive...but Not Over-priced. (47)
  • 4.6 Lb Container Is The iggest Size Available (17)
  • Too Expensive (16)
  • Bad Taste (5)
January 16, 2011

Age: 32

January 16, 2011
 In my opinion Optimums Pro Complex is the best overall protein available. Lets face it there is alot of low quality and over priced proteins on the market so why not spend a little more and get the absolute best! The two main sources of proteins in Pro Complex are whey and egg albumen witch makes it very versatile. You can basically use it anytime you want, mourning, in between meals, pre-workout or post-workout. Pro Complex also has the most impressive amino acid profiles I have seen. Two scoops contain 60g of high quality protein, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 1g of sugar, 14g of BCAA's, 10g of glutamine and a good blend of very important vitamins and essential minerals! Pro Complex is also great for those who watch their carb intake cause it only contains 3 net carbs.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Pro Complex leads the way in Building new lean muscle and assists in recovery due to the fact of its amazing profile! You can definitely tell it's helping your body recover from those hard workouts.

-Taste 9/10: I've only tried the rich milk chocolate. Mixed with water it tastes kinda dull, if you like a sweetier taste just use less water. Personally I mix it with hoods low-carb milk giving it 8 more grams of protein and a creamier more satisfying taste.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixes perfect with either water or milk in a shaker cup. Never had any problems with clumping yet.

-Value 9/10: Yes, everybody knows Pro Complex is priced on the high side but bottom line you get what you pay for. At least for me I want results and quality so I have know problem with paying a few bucks more for this protein....trust me its worth it!

Pro complex will not disappoint you! Like I stated before the profile is second to none. I will continue to use this protein and I highly recommend this to everyone.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery
bigworm89
bigworm89

Joined: 1/2010
Reviews: 33
Reputation: +2067
And the bird just showed the newer guys why he is one of the top 3 users. good review

Cray
Cray

Joined: 6/2010
Reputation: +2374
It's been too long! Great review Bird.

I hope some newer members read this and realize that THIS is how a proper review is done.

Reputation: +1840
Thanks wormy, I appreciate that!

Reputation: +1840
You too Cray, big thanks!

Reply #5:
shinndigg
shinndigg

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
Good review man, I'm looking forward to trying this product.

Reply #6:
joe651dzd
joe651dzd

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 8
Reputation: +94
Nice man, i grabbed a small tub of vanilla at gnc on close date for like 22 bucks. i love it. pretty dec taste.

Reply #7:
Highland10
Highland10

Joined: 1/2010
Reviews: 21
Reputation: +75
As usual, Birdman, great review. Full-fledged and informative, your review describes the product perfectly!

Reply #8:
IamAlex
IamAlex

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 20
Reputation: +949
Great review bro. I just cracked open my tub of this and I too have the rich chocolate. I must admit that I'm somewhat disappointed with the taste.. I've yet to mix it with my light chocolate soy tho. But in water its definitely lacking IMO.

Reply #9:
kineticpen
kineticpen

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 5
Reputation: +130
I can name two protein brands that are just as good as pro Complex and less exspensive. The first is Syntha-6 by bsn. Almost every Syntha-6 flavor is deliscious (Moccachino is the most unique tasting protein I've ever had). Second is the new Elite Fusion 7 by Dymatize. These blended proteins are on par with Pro Complex in every 'whey,' minus the outrageous price.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +1840
I'm going to have to disagree with you kineticpen. Syntha-6 is not in the same class a pro complex. Reason being look at both profiles....not even close. Syntha-6 has more fat, carbs, cholesterol and far less protein per serving than pro complex. Like I said you get what you pay for!

Reply #11:
Rebel29073
Rebel29073

Joined: 11/2010
Reputation: +387
Great review. Wish I saw it before I got my Dymatize elite 7 5 lb tub :\ Gonna be a while before i can try this now...curious as to why two scoops at one time...do you actually synthesize all that or is it best to do one scoop with 1% milk? I have seen discussions saying g30 grams per serving is usually the most your actually absorb. Thoughts on that please?

Reply #12:
Cbunt2010
Cbunt2010

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 4
Reputation: +15
Rebel29073:

Your partially correct. On average your body can usually only absorb 30g of protein AT ONCE. Pro Complex is a PROTEIN BLEND(isolates, concentrates, and hydro) that contains slow, med, and fast absorbing proteins. So your body isn't getting access to all that protein at once. That's why they recommend 2 scoops, because they are different time releasing proteins.

Reply #13:

Reputation: +3478
Must have missed this review. Lmao, did Kinetic seriously try to even put Syntha 6 in the same class as Pro complex? What a meth head.

Reply #14:
cablexman
cablexman

Joined: 10/2011
Reputation: 0
I am a Pro Complex drinker myself. I believe it's worth every penny you pay for this product. Have you tried the Pro Complex Natural? The taste is a lot better than the regular Pro Complex so maybe give it a shot if you haven't tried it yet. Great review

Reply #15:
hives
hives

Reputation: 0
Okay, So you have me sold on this product. Do you recommend taking anything else with it? Ive recently gotten into the lifting and have been going strong for 3 months. I hit the gym 6 days a week and lift about twice a day most days. I have yet to really put on any size or gain any significant strength talking maybe 10 pounds to my bench, and its fairly discouraging. Currently I am taking C4, the GNC Amplified Wheybolic 60, and kre-akalyn. Im also eating 6 clean meals a day.
I am Male
6'2
comments/concerns/recommendations are appreciated

Reply #16:
Shaggy666
Shaggy666

Reputation: 0
nice review bro.im using this product these days and its really amazing.i live in Pak and have to pay about a 100$ for this.i buy it from GNC but its worth the price i guess and almost all supliments are expensive here.

Reply #17:
qstick99
qstick99

Joined: 4/2012
Reputation: 0
Nice description of the product, found this very useful as I have recently taken up lifting and have been doing some research on protein supps to try and hopefully make a good decision as I'm learning as I go here. Looks like I can't really go wrong with trying this one though.

Reply #18:

Reputation: 0
Nice review I love this product
@shaggy666
Ask your GNC what stores/website they will price match cause I know some will match. Could maybe save some $ for another tub

Reply #19:

Oh yea Almost forgot. Syntha-6 is no where close to pro complex. That's all

Reply #20:
gerardseetoh
gerardseetoh

Joined: 7/2012
Reputation: 0
hi im thinking of getting this but im kinda worried about the amount of sodium in it. Whats ur take on that?

Reply #21:
cashprince
cashprince

Joined: 9/2012
Reputation: 0
I just joined the site and I have a brand new bottle, same flavor. I hope to learn from this site. thanks for the imformative review

Reply #22:
asdasd197
asdasd197

Joined: 4/2013
Reputation: +1
nice review!

Not sure why you would use it when in mourning though unless you are recovering from a funeral.

Reply #23:
RNJ7377
RNJ7377

Reviews: 3
Reputation: -1
Just got some! Can't wait to try

Reply #24:
Superdude246
Superdude246

Joined: 8/2013
Reputation: +26
Hey birdman i know i might already know the answer but if you could only afford combat or pro complex which would ypu choose?

April 26, 2010

Age: 19

April 26, 2010
 I recently made the switch to this protein after i could no longer afford the price you pay for GNC's AMP wheybolic. I wanted something that came really close in aminos to that that also was low in carbs, calories, and sugar and hopefully at least had a Protein Isolate in it. I went through a tub of this my Sr year of highschool since my friend at GNC sold me a close dated one (4.6 lbs) for 24 bucks and i liked the recovery, taste, and nutritional background of this protein. Safe to say, this is the Easiest mixing protein i have ever had. 10 seconds with a blender bottle and it's complete liquid. The BCAA content is pretty close to AMP wheybolic and it has a great protein blend including whey islolate and egg albumen. It also has a good source of vitamins in it (as any protein supplement should). This is my second tub of the Rocky Road flavor and it's delicious but i think im gonna give another flavor a try next buy. Serving size is 2 scoops for 60 grams of protein but my body can only break down about 40 grams every couple hours so i take a scoop and 1/3 of a scoop post workout, emergency meal replacements, and 1 scoop first thing in the morning on days after a super intense workout. Got 4.6 lbs for a little over $40 on supplementwarehouse.com. You simply cannot go wrong with Pro Complex.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Low Sugar
  • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
  • Low Carb For Ckd
  • Good Bcaa Profile
  • Good Protein Blend
mountainman
mountainman

Reviews: 10
Reputation: +46
Great review but seriously man I wouldn't buy anything from supplement warehouse I got my credit card info jacked from too, I may not happen to you this time but eventually it will. Be careful!

Reputation: +3478
I have heard this before and to be honest, its been in the back of my mind recently. Do you know any other sites that are pretty close to the price of supplementwarehouse? Massnutrition and prosource.net are the closest ones i have found.

jenncasper01
jenncasper01

Joined: 6/2010
Reputation: +4
ive used AllStarHealth.com or amazon.com dealer Potential Dynamix LLC.

Yall should try illpumpyouup.com

MOFF

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 10
Reputation: +63
Nice and detailed review bro. I am currently stacking 100% whey protein, glyco-maize and casein. After my workout I drink 2 scoop whey, 2 scoop glyco-maize and 1 casein(my casein is for when I'm sleeping but I just stacck it after workout also to get a pro-complex kind effect lol). I would like to know if I could replace my casein and whey with the pro complex. I've heard the pro-complex is awesome I'm just not sure if it can replace my casein at night? any advice/tips on that?

and if you need a little cheaper place you can check ebay or vitamin shoppe and also amazing prices vary depending on what your looking for.

Reply #6:

Reputation: -2
Intesting... Great review

Reply #7:

Reputation: +567
You mentioned you were gonna try a new flavor. Was it by any chance The strawberry? I just bought a 4.6 lb at GNC for 18 bucks... Haha i couldn't turn it down. It goes out of date 1/11, so it's like 3 more months good.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +3478
No, i think i ended up trying out the Rich Chocolate a few months after this review.

But It's hard to get a bad flavor with ON man. They make such delicious flavors with high quality. I'm willing to bet the strawberry is pretty tasty as well. Either way, you got a steal my friend.

Reply #9:

Reputation: +567
It taste just like strawberry yoohoo milk which isn't to bad haha...

Reply #10:
Stanzi2007
Stanzi2007

Reputation: +7
Lol, i am switching to Pro Complex from whey 60 too, i have found a bunch of markdown 2.3lb tubs, getting 6 for 8.50 each!!

December 19, 2009

Reviews: 62

Age: 24

December 19, 2009
 I used one large tub of Rocky Road Pro Complex and the results were great.
My strength increased and it was reassuring to know I was getting plentiful amounts of protein well after I had my shake because of the time released formula.
It has a phenomenal amino acid profile and my only wish would be that it contained some kind of casein protein but as of now, this is the most superior quality protein available to me under my budget. This brings to mention the cost, which is slightly higher than comparable proteins but still manageable if you prioritize it according to its importance and value in quality.
I would recommend this protein as a MRP and a post workout shake.
Its carbohydrate amount is also very low if you happen to be on a CKD diet.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Low Carb For Ckd
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
cityofchamps
cityofchamps

Joined: 2/2010
Reviews: 5
Reputation: +13
Hey man, first off I appreciate your reply on my question about the Opti-Men. I feel a loooott better knowing everything is cool with that little situation. haha ,but I just had a question about this Protein. I was doin some research about it and I was very impressed with the profile. I am taking MyoFusion right now and before I took BSN Syntha 6. I take the MyoFusion throughout the day, and before bed. I think I'm going to try this out after the MyoFusion, but do you think I should get a different Protein for before bed?? or will the Pro-complex be ok.

Joined: 3/2009
Reviews: 62
Reputation: +2600
This would be a good replacement for MyoFusion since this has more usable Protein per serving and a better amino acid profile.
I would not use this before bed. I use Optimums 100% Casein Protein, supreme chocolate flavor.
It costs a lot when you look at purchasing both Proteins but they will last you much longer than one MyoFusion.

jonam
jonam

Joined: 4/2011
Reputation: 0
gud review, my weight is 141 pound, having lean body except little fat over lower abs, m planning to go with PRO COMPLEX GAINER, to gain weight, plz suggest me the tym of dose.thanx, will i gain weight in d form of fat or muscle

mo
mo

Reputation: -1
what do u think about quickmass or quickmass loaded?

October 8, 2009

deumcole

Reviews: 106

Age: 21

October 8, 2009
 Just about done with a 5lb jug of this stuff, and so far its lived up to the hype. i take 2 scoops with breakfast and 2 scoops post-workout to get the most out of it, but unfortunately it doesnt last very long. the recovery is great. i workout in the middle of the day during the semester, so i cant exactly be dragging ass into class when tuition keeps goin up. the strength gains i've gotten are good, almost all my stats went up across the board. the one con i have is the flavour. dont buy "rich milk chocolate shake" cuz its utter crap. always mix with milk to atleast make it bearable. the complex it has is great, & all those BCAAs and other stuff make it worth yer while...which is good considering the price. luckily a Vitamin Shoppe opened up by me, so their running a huge grand opening sale. i was able to get it at $49.99 with the sale and mebership discount...but be forewarned regular price pushes $100 for the 5lb jug...all in all i'll agree with everyone else and say it is possibly the best protein blend out there, and you most definitely get what you pay for.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
February 19, 2013

sammyboss82

Reviews: 18

Age: 30

February 19, 2013
 I was looking for a breakfast, between meal, meal replacement (some times) shake to incorporate into my routine. I have 100% WPI Iso Sensation post workout with Vitargo so that is covered.

Mixability/Taste: 9/10
For a blend protein it mixes fantastic. Banana Cream was awesome, all flavours look tasty. Few seconds in shaker container and all sweet.

2 scoops has 60g protein, I tended to dose it at 1-1.5 scoops depending how hungry, or how much protein I needed. 2 scoops was way too much at one time considering it was just added to oats for breakfast / between meals and meal replacement some times.

Formula: 9/10
Blend proteins with Isolate, Concentrate, Egg Albumen etc. For a blend it mixes very nice and tastes great. Low sugar, Low carb.

Comparison to other blends:
I have tried MyoFusion, Fusion7, Muscle Milk. They were all good but the quality of Pro Complex takes my vote.

Looking forward to trying other flavours. Good blend / meal replacement, day time protein. Even before bed with added natural peanut butter, cottage cheese in blender.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
    February 15, 2013

Morgan85

Age: 27

February 15, 2013
     I know a lot of people have reviewed this product but it really deserves the attention it gets.
    I have heard of this company for awhile, always seeing it in GNC and other places but never tried it. I find the label to be bland and uninteresting (I know this has no basis but I like shiny things). After reading the reviews I figured I would buy a tub.
    Like I said Pro Complex deserves the attention it gets. I have tried everything from generic cheap GNC whey to top of the line protein. By far this is the best. I am a hard gainer so I use milk to get as many calorie as I can. Most protiens are tough to mix with a bottle. Pro Complex mixes with milk instantly with zero clumps or powder stuck to the sides. The taste (vanilla) is light and doesnt feel like you just ate a meal or too sugary. The serving is 2 scoops ad the scoops are very reasonably, probably only 5 grams for 1 scoop. And it only asks for 8-12oz.
    I will be honest I use 8oz. of milk with 1 scoop before working out and one after. Since this doesnt fill me up, give me gas, or feel bloated, I am able to eat more food during the day and gain weight.
    I want to say I gained more muscle since I can see the gains but I forgot to record anything.
    There were zero side effects and there is nothing to change about this product. I highly recommend it.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    November 6, 2012

MIguelalfred

Reviews: 7

Age: 21

November 6, 2012
     I finished mY strawberry swirl 4lbs tub.
    this protein is unbelievable it mix very well taste good and helps with your recovery because of its added bcaa and Glutamine + vitamins. I took it Anytime of the day. I recommend this product. good mixibility. little bit pricey but quality is the best. overall i recommend this to every one.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Good Strength Gains
    November 1, 2012

musclebird

Reviews: 12

Age: 25

November 1, 2012
     Hello,
    I started using pro complex 7 months ago sometimes i take full serving after my workout and sometimes i use it as a meal replacement.

Effectiveness: it's the most effective protein powder i have ever tried.
    the 8 different sources keep the muscles recovered and help for more building.
    It also enhances my strength.

Taste: I consume the double choco and it's tasty

Mixing: Easy to mix

Price: it's not cheap but deserves every cent.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Good Strength Gains
    • Minor Strength Gains
      September 21, 2012

Jason360

Age: 29

September 21, 2012
       I know, you probably thinking " not another review about pro complex, we already know its the best".

So I have just got through one tub of vanilla in two weeks and I would like to go through what I experienced.

Effectiveness : 10
      I never thought a protein powder would ever give me results that I could say it was down to that but I have been using this one hour before training then within 15 mins after training and I have been staggered at how much muscle soreness has been reduced. I get confused some days as to which muscle group I trained the day before as muscle soreness is pretty much gone, so I really find myself training much harder and mixing exercises up every other time I train the same muscle group. I would say this is a lot down to the huge serving 60g of protein with an BCAA profile of 14g and 10g of glutamine & precursors.

Taste : 7
       I can't really judge fairly on this as I have only tried vanilla, which was ok. I mix with water, so given that this only has 1.7g of sugar per serving I think it fairs very well.

Mixability : 10
      This stuff mixes so quick, I do use a blender but compared to other protein products I've used in the past this really mixes thin and even throughout no lumps or bits sticking to anything.

Value : 10
      I was so reluctant for a long time to buy this product as it was another price hike from what I was previously paying for protein, but now that I have experienced this superb product I will not be buying another to replace it, ever.!

Overall : 10
      This gets a full 10/10 from me, simply the best protein you can get, it really is well worth the extra £$€!

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Low Sugar
      • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
        June 11, 2012

qdsdh2004

Reviews: 35

Age: 33

June 11, 2012
         Of all protein products I tested, this is the best in class one. The amino profile is so complete. Strawberry taste is not the best but still ok. Mixability is perfect and very fast. No stomach issue noted.
        It's quite expensive but the price is in line with quality. The only point is that you don't want to come back to another classic protein when you tried it ...
        Highly recommended product !
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Expensive...but Not Over-priced.

Have you used Pro Complex? Submit your own Review!