Platinum Pre Reviews

By: Optimum

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #125 of 198 (better than 37%) in

Platinum Pre is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Optimum. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

June 11, 2015

A little bit ago I got my hands on a tub of Optimum Nutrition's Platinum Pre. I love pre workouts and am always excited to try something new. Unfortunately, I was only able to use this about 5 times before having to give up on it because of a particular side effect. I will get into that later.

----Ingredient Profile----
Here are the main ingredients per scoop:

L-Citrulline 2g
Beta-Alanine 1.6g
DMAE Bitartrate 250mg
Phytoblend 250mg
Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract, MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Seed Extract, Bioflavanoids
Caffeine 200mg
Capsimax Extract 125mg

It's really a pretty simple profile with tried and true ingredients, but nothing really new or innovative. Points for full disclosure on the label for sure. There's no creatine and I actually like that, because adding my own is cheap and easy and it makes for less math I have to do on all the different things I'm taking to get to 5g/day. Overall, for pumps, energy, and endurance, it's a decent blend if you are able to take 2 full scoops.

I found dosing this product to be a little bit less than ideal. Everything is under dosed until you move up to 2 scoops. The problem is that then you're rocking 400mg of caffeine and that is a bit more than I am comfortable doing at my body weight (165lbs) and stimulant sensitivity. I ended up dosing at 1.5 scoops. As I said, the caffeine was the limiting factor. I don't like to go much over 300mg.

Taste was another issue. I tried Fruit Punch and it was not a very good idea. More importantly, I'm not sure who decided putting Capsimax in something meant to be drank was a good idea, but they were wrong. This stuff tastes terrible and then on top of that burns your mouth and throat all the way down. Now I like spicy food and I put hot sauce on almost everything. So I'm not just being a female dog about it. The burn from this Capsimax was different than a chili burn. More sharp and painful than slow and lingering. NO THANK YOU.

Mixability was fairly poor. Not much of anything in it actually seemed to dissolve. There was always a lot of settling and chunks of stuff floating around. Normally this isn't a big deal for me, but combined with the taste it became more of an issue.

----Side Effects----
The reason I had to stop taking this product was because of the Capsimax. I could deal with the burning on the way in even though I didn't like it, but the burning that occurred on the way out became unacceptable. I will spare you the grisly details. I have taken other products (in capsule form) with Capsimax and never had an issue, which leads me to believe there is just a too much Capsimax in Platinum Pre.

Once I finally choked this stuff down, I did have some okay workouts. 300mg of caffeine did what it does and provided energy and focus. I did get increased endurance from the Beta-Alanine. The pumps were probably the most solid effect I received from the product. However, none of these effects were great and certainly nothing to write home about. I have had better results from several other products in all areas. Overall, it was just average.

You're looking at $35-40 shipped for this. That's a LOT of money for a product that only provides 15 serving to properly dose it's ingredients.

Unfortunately for Platinum Pre, there are not a lot of bright points. When you make a product that costs this much, tastes this bad, and gives you side effects, while at the same time only providing average positive effects, you are not going to get a very good rating from me. If the effects were spectacular I probably would have just dealt with all the issues and used it, but sadly that wasn't the case. The bottom line: when there are so many other great pre workouts out there, a severely burned butt crack following each workout is a DEAL BREAKER.
  • Burning Anus

December 19, 2014

I came across this during a mass purchase on It retails ~$33 but I snagged it for 25% off, so this made it quite affordable. I was looking for a solid PWO for lifting, without too much caffeine, and really like other Optimum products, so I expected a lot out of this.

I have to highlight that this profile is somewhat basic, and has a little of everything I look for in a PWO (I will comment on what I really liked):
Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container 30
L-Citrulline 2 g: I like the idea of the antioxidant properties, but started adding an additional 6g (would like to see 8g/serving)
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1.6 g: It seemed to be enough for me to get the tingles off of, not too much, but when I took this about 20 minutes before starting my workout, and on a relatively empty stomach, it was enough for me.
DMAE Bitartrate 250 mg
PhytoBlend 250 mg
Beet Juice Powder Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(seeds)
MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera)(fruit) Citrus Bioflavonoids
Caffeine 200 mg: This is a good amount for me in my PWO; between 150-200mg seems to be enough to fuel me through my workouts, without keeping me up later in the evening. I don't want more, and feel it just messes up my sleep and dose nothing to aid in energy in the gym.
Capsimax Capsicum Extract 125 mg: This was an interesting ingredient I haven't taken in anything really other than capsule form and I was really surprised how well it fit in to the flavor and gave it a little extra kick.

Taste/mixing: 9/10
I've tried a few of the flavors and I REALLY liked them all (I think superfruit and currently raspberry lemonade). It was not offensive or "fake" tasting like some other supplements I have tried. It also did not have any weird aftertaste to deal with. The Capsimax delivered a peppery aftertaste that I personally liked (If you don't like spicy foods this would NOT be a good PWO for you!) Occasionally, I would find a lasting peppery effect even after I was done drinking it. The powder mixed relatively well in water and I did not have any issues with clumping or discoloration of the container I mixed this in.

I found that this PWO had me solidly ready for my workout when I timed taking it about 20 minutes prior to starting my workout. I also did not get any caffeine crashes or have any workout where I "gassed out" halfway through. There was nothing in here that really offered me any "pumps" or added vascularity for lifting and I often stacked BSN's Nitrix2.0 and extra citrulline malate and found that the combination of the two products complimented each other. I gave this PWO a try partially based on the antioxidant ingredients (specifically the DMAE and L-Citrulline) and truly felt that it had less muscular soreness the days after heavy lifting when I would use this PWO in comparison to some other pre's I have used before.

For a deal online or in store, you can get this for 83 cents a serving. If it wasn't discounted I think it is a little bit pricey, as the profile is very basic. If I could find it discounted again I would surely give it another whirl. If it had the 8g of citrulline I would be happier with this PWO, but even when I have to supplement in more with each dose it is still not the most expensive PWO.

Conclusion/things to note: If you have any aversion to spice this is NOT a good PWO for you. It is otherwise a solid, basic PWO. It worked really well for me during late night lifting sessions to fuel me through and did not effect my sleep the night
      May 15, 2014

Optimum Nutrition's venture into the highly competitive (and lucrative) pwo world. Platinum Pre. Part of ON's Platinum line or in other words ON wants more $$$. I was initially so excited when I heard the announcement of Pre because if you check out my other reviews, it's obvious I am a huge ON fan. The first time I tried it was from a gym buddy who let me have a scoop from his container. I gave it a shot and had a killer workout with immense amounts of energy and focus. The only initial drawback was the taste (which I will most definitely cover later) So I was sold and figured I would pick up my own container, which I got for 30$ish at

EFFECTIVENESS: I like to jump into effectiveness first because that is why we take a certain supplement for after all. Will this pwo give you a ton of energy and focus? Plain and simple yes. It is one of the best pwo for energy and focus. But let's look into that further...

DOSING: One scoop of Pre has 200mg of caffeine, 1.6g of beta alanine and all that other energy boosting junk that other members have already covered. For one scoop I felt that the beta alanine was a little under dosed so 2 scoops was the sweet spot for me. Yeah, that's 400mg of caffeine which is a lot even if you are caffeine tolerant, but I never felt like it was over the top. HOWEVER therein lies Pre's greatest drawback. Most people will get the most out of Pre by using 2 scoops and there is 15 servings per container if dosed that way and If you are like me you've already in your head done the math and found that means that one serving of Pre runs a little over 2 bucks a shot! That's insanely pricey. They don't call it platinum for nothin I guess. Another interesting ingredient is the inclusion of capsimax which I will cover a little more in taste. One thing I loved about the ingredients was not including creatine. I like to take creatine separately so it's nice to have an effective pwo without creatine. Most pre workouts do have creatine and I think it's a cheap way of making the user think its the pwo giving them energy while hiding the fact that it's probably just the creatine mono and caffeine.

TASTE: I'm not sure what all flavors they offer at the moment but my container was raspberry lemonade. Sounds good right? WRONG! Holy crap, taking this before a workout was like swallowing a glass of badly dyed fire ants. That would be a better name for the flavor. I'm sure that raspberry lemonade does taste like hell. I found out later this was probably due to the capsimax which (don't yell at me if this is not scientifically correct) has a slight thermo effect and helps with cardiovascular endurance, which I fully believe is true. I definitely felt a body temp rise because I would sweat more during lifting and I felt like I could get a fuller breath than normal. The capsimax is basically in tiny capsule form because ON new it would taste like Satan's breath so they tried to bypass your taste buds but the tiny capsules bust. A lot. Seriously, if you use the same water bottle for pwo and take it to the gym and there is ANY trace of Pre left, even a tiny tiny granule, you will feel the burning tongue sensation thanks to the capsimax. They gotta do something about that.

OVERALL: For 99% of lifters I just cannot recommend this mainly because at the cheapest, it will still be about 2 dollars a serving and that's just too much. But if you are lucky enough to be rich and want to push some serious weights, but unluckily born without taste buds this is probably the PWO for you!
    • Increased Strength
    • Could Help Plateaus
    • Awful Taste
      May 3, 2014

My typical stack consists of a pre-workout, amino supplement, creatine supplement and protein for recovery. The one aspect I really like to vary is the pre-workout. I find that I quickly build a tolerance to the ingredient profile and the effectiveness of the product decreases over time. So...I trot on over to and see what the latest ratings recommend.

I've used a ton of pre-workouts over the years. Almost 25 different products over the last couple of years. They've ranged from the obnoxiously ineffective to "holy cow there's nothing I can't do today". I figured it's time to share my experiences to hopefully assist others. Being an former, competitive power-lifter, I'd say my diet is relatively clean and my workouts definitely intense. I look to pre-workouts for focus and energy to help me push through.

So here begins my review of Platinum PRE. I love Optimum Nutrition products and they have been my primary go-to for protein and weight gain for years. So I was anxious to try their pre-workout. It didn't disappoint and here's why.

Dose, mixability and taste (9/10):
    As I've taken pre-workouts for some time, dosing for me is usually the recommended max so for Platinum PRE that means I took a two scoop dose in 8-12 ounces of water before my workout. A few brisk shakes of my shaker cup and the powder was pretty much all dissolved. Occasionally a few extra shakes were needed but I cannot say the product was ever excessively gritty. I've tried the Fruit Punch and Apple flavors and I got to say, the taste is quite good.

Effectiveness (9/10):
    As I said, I would take it around 30 minutes before my workout and once I felt a beta-alanine tingle in my eyebrows (yes, I hope you all feel that too it's like a "time to workout clock"), once I felt that, it was go time. Pre-workouts, in my opinion are a very tricky segment of the stack. You want focus, energy and some pump but you don't want to be jittery and all jacked up the rest the day. Platinum PRE delivered. After two containers I found excellent energy and focus that lasted throughout brutal 2+ hour workouts. Great, long lasting energy and focus without the jitters.

Side-effects (9/10):
    None to speak of. As I said, I've taken pre-workouts for some time so dosing is not an issue for me. First time users, heed the instructions on the product's label and assess tolerance to avoid any negative experiences!

Cost (7/10):
    Here's a bit of a ding. I did have to use the max dose for effectiveness so that meant a ~$36 container only lasted around two weeks or so. That being said, at my weight (around 250lbs.) and the fact that having a tolerance to pre-workouts in general causes me to max-dose, the price isn't outrageous....just wish I could get it cheaper. ;-)

I definitely recommend this product. It has the effects I was looking for in a PW but without the side-effects that accompany many others. I definitely will back to it as I continue my merry-go-round of pre-workouts and hope others feel the product gave them similar results.

Cheers and train like hell!

May 1, 2014

I didn't find anything great about this product, but I didn't find anything I didn't like either. Good dose of Beta Alanine. But it was missing Agmatine, which is my favorite ingredient! and Creatine! a lot of the ingredients aren't you typical "pre workout" ingredients. I don't find the Cittruline blend too effective (in general).

Flavor - Descent. Nothing great nothing bad. ON has never had the best flavoring (thinking protein here) but I trust their products and I trust their quality, so I let flavor take a back seat. I had the Fruit Punch, so perhaps the other flavors are better. Twisted Apple looks tasty! (at least the name sounds good)

Energy - Good energy, has a variety of stims, I like the 200mgs per servings. not over stimmed like a lot of pre's these days. Experienced No crash, no jitters.

Results - I had some good workouts while taking pre. Would definitely recommend it as a solid pre workout.

Overall - I feel it's lacking with no creatine and no Agmatine. If they reformulated and included those ingredients this could be number 1 or 2 on my list.
    • No Agmatine
      February 28, 2014

A rather short review on this product by optimum nutrition. Before I start the review I must say I really love Optimum and their whey and creatine are staples in my stack. I was really hoping from similarly positive results from their Pre Workout or as it is called Platinum Pre. Optimum surprisingly has never made a proper pre till this one so expectations were high. The Steve Cook ad was pretty good too. After trying it, I am honestly surprised that this product has a 9.0 rating on SR.

Taste – (7/10)
    I had the raspberry lemonade flavor which was according to most reviews, the best tasting among the 3 PP flavours. Got to say im not really a big fan of the flavor but I would find it rather harsh to judge a pre for its flavor after all its just 300ml of water etc. It had that slightly spicy taste to it too so do have some cold water nearby. Possibly due to the capsimax ingredient (some thermogenic) in it. Compared to MusclePharm raspberry lemonade (old), I would say this one is slightly better, just a little more spicy.

Effectiveness – (5/10)
    I really wanted this product to work, since I was under the illusion that ON makes some of the best supps on the market and their pre would be no different. Sadly, this let me down, big time. My endurance remained the same, with or without PP. Couldn't get any tingles from the BA even at two scoops. Strength increases were close to zero. Red bull gave me more energy than this pre to be honest. I also do have to add that the only pre I took before this was mp assault then stopped pres for a month to get this. Not a stimulant person and rarely drink coffee.

Value- (6/10)
    At 30+ bucks for 30 scoops, this is one of the higher priced pres on the market. I wouldn't have mind paying the premium if it worked though. Most of the time, people would need more than 1 scoop to get the effects of this so it becomes more than a dollar a serve.

Overall – (5/10)
    It might not have worked for me, though I really wanted it to. I tried using it on an empty stomach, full stomach, varied the amount of water to mix with this. Diet remained constant before and during taking this so I can guarantee diet and dosing isn't the issue. The thermo in the pre did make me sweat more during my workouts I must say too.

Overall, there are other similarly priced pres that are much more effective than this. But everyone is different, so that might explain why i didn't get the fantastic results that others had gotten from this product.
    • Capsimax
    • Some Jitters
    • No Increased Energy
    • Strength Increase Minimal
      November 19, 2013

To begin, I believe that ON is a great company. I have been taking their whey protein for years and have no reason to changes companies. Not completely sure how I feel about this.

Price: 7/10
    You will usually find this for around $40 for 30 servings. I'm sure you can find it a little cheaper, but at most places this is the average. It is a decent price, but not the best on the market. Probably somewhere around the middle-of-the-road. Average priced.

Mixability: 4/10
    The actual powder in ON PRE mixed fine. The only problem that I had with this was the Capsimax. It definitely didn't mix in the bottom and left a grainy taste to the end of the drink. Not enjoyable at all once you get to the bottom.

Taste: 5/10
    This is going to be a weird taste review. The actual flavor "Superfruit" was great. It's a different flavor that you don't see too often. The only problem came when the Capsimax was left over. The Capsimax would often give off a spicy flavor. If you even dared to pop one of the tiny capsules on your tongue, have fun. Your mouth will be on fire for most of your workout.

Energy: 7/10
    Once you got passed the taste, the energy took over. It was a decently strong, clean energy. It is probably around the same as the average PWO if not a little better. It did the job, but not as well as the top of the line PWOs.

Ingredient profile: 7/10
    Caffeine is at 200mg. This is a decent amount. The only problem comes if you want more than one scoop. 200mg is not too much, but 400mg would be. If 200mg isn't enough, I would recommend taking only a scoop and a half. PRE has beta-alinine which is a plus, but there is no creatine. I like creatine in my PWO because I don't supplement with it otherwise. The Capsimax is the worst part of this PWO. I personally hated it. Form your own opinions, but I didn't like it. Maybe you aren't supposed to pop the Capsimax capsules, but it's somewhat inevitable. Too spicy for my liking.

You never really need to go above one scoop, so value is solid. It is decently price and gives off a good amount of energy.

I would say that ON PRE is a slightly above-average PWO. It has a very small ingredient profile, but produces decent energy. The Capsimax just stops me from giving this a better overall review. Taste is one of the things I enjoy in a PWO and this doesn't do it for me.
    • Good Company
      October 24, 2013

Since the beginning of modern recorded history there has been an inconceivable lust for gold. However, what if I told you that there is a pre-workout that is worth it's weight not in gold, but, in platinum? (For those of you that don't know your precious metals, platinum is ridiculously more valuable.) With that being said, I am in love with ON's Platinum Pre.

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)
    The more you all here on become familiar with me, you'll notice a trend. I'm not someone who's picky about the taste or mix-ability of a product (I don't drink them slow enough to distinguish one.). Therefore, I thought that Platinum Pre tasted pretty darn good. I did have the fruit punch flavor.
    Now I did notice a slight spiciness to it, which is most likely in part due to the capsaicin. I also noticed throughout my two tubs of chugging that it was also a tad bit bitter. I didn't really mind the bitterness and I fairly enjoyed the spiciness, since it gave me a little kick. However, it gets old after awhile.

Effectiveness (10/10)
    All I can say is i'm getting amped just thinking about taking this before a workout. My workouts during my football offseason (I play NCAA D3) consisted of a 4 day split, with moderate cardio. Every single day this product delivered.
    I'm not a huge caffeine drinker, which is probably why this had a great effect on me. Aside from a slight beta-alanine tingle. Platinum Pre got me so amped to lift that I would go into "Gears Of War" Berserker mode when I was working out with the team (especially on power clean day). Nonetheless, Platinum Pre gave me an extremely clean burst of energy. I was amped but not jittery. I also didn't notice any crash from the product.

Value (5/10)
    As much as it pains me to give this product a con, it is the price. Since I am a new reviewer on the site I must inform all of you that I'm a college student. I do not have a very large budget when it comes to supplements. Although, Platinum Pre isn't that bad of a deal when used sparingly. Online I found it priced at about $30 USD. With the largest serving container consisting of 30 servings (lasted me roughly a month.). But the problem is, I like to use 2 scoops. Which makes it last about half a month. Again, not unreasonable. I have a college budget. It can always be better.

Overall (10/10)
    Other then my darn budget holding me back here and there. I have nothing negative to say about this product. ON did a great job with Platinum Pre. I highly recommend it if you feel like going into a state of pure euphoria that only a "Hammer Of Dawn" can stop you. Hope this helped. Thanks for reading.
    • Superbeastmode
    • Could Help Plateaus
      October 3, 2013

Hey SR! It has been a veerryyy long time since I typed out a review, but I feel that this supplement deserves a little credit.

I happen to be a unique individual when it comes to preworkouts. I find myself to be sensitive to supps that have too many stimulants or just a laundry list of ingredients, so I typically like my pre workouts to be quick and to the point. After finishing a run with Capsi-Blast, which was basically just hot peppers and caffeine (see my review here, I needed something with a better focus and energy profile. I have always been a fan of ON's consistent quality, so I wasn't too concerned with dropping the $$$ for this product.

Practically a full disclosure label, this PWO offers endurance and energy enhancement, along with N.O support and thermogenic qualities. What is great about the label is how easily it is to read. You know exactly how much caffeine, beta-alanine, and citruline you get with 1 – 2 scoops. The only complaint here is that if you are only in the mood for the 1 scoop serving, you miss out on a effective dose of beta-alanine.

Serving Size 1 Scoop
    Servings Per Container 30

L-Citrulline 2 g
    (as Micronized L-Citrulline PepForm Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate])
    CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1.6 g
    DMAE Bitartrate 250 mg
    PhytoBlend 250 mg
    Beet Juice Powder Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(seeds)
    MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera)(fruit) Citrus Bioflavonoids
    Caffeine 200 mg
    Capsimax Capsicum Extract 125 mg
    (Capsicum annuum)(fruit)(standardized for capsaicinoids)

TASTE: 6/10

I had the fruit punch flavor, which was somewhat disappointing. It's like while they were making the product someone said "Hey! I read somewhere that peppers are fruits...........let's toss a sack full of them into the punch!" So yes, hot spicy fruit punch thanks to the capsi-max.

This PWO provided some of the cleanest focus and energy enhancement I have yet to experience. Even at 1 scoop, I was able to focus on my lifts and connect with the muscle groups I was training. Of all the ingredients, I attribute this to the caffeine/DMAE combo. The caffeine provided the energy, and the DMAE enhanced my focus along with the sensation that it was far easier to contract my muscles and produce force. I know this sounds like a gimmick, but it literally felt like every rep was the result of all my muscle fibers firing; especially during big lifts like front squats. I also sweated a ton during my lifts, probably due to the capsi-max.

I will say that the only drawback I experienced was during a cardio or HIIT day. My heart rate would be too high to handle these types of workouts, so I typically only took ½ scoop just to get me moving.

COST: 6/10

Most retail stores had this tub going for about $35. Not bad if you only need 1 scoop like me (30 servings), but if you aren't stimulant sensitive and need 400mg of caffeine before you workout, 2 scoops will only give you 15 servings! So, in short I was able to get my money's worth, but if you need a bigger stimulant kick for less money like most people, look elsewhere.

Other than my inability to handle a high stimulant serving during a cardio/HIIT day, I never felt anything that would deter me filling my shaker cup. There was never a crash, and for the most part the energy would last well past my workout.

OVERALL: 9/10

The combination of an unambiguous nutrition label, effective ingredients, and the ability to provide the promised clean "energy and focus" earns this supp a 9 out of 10. I would recommend this product to those who need a PWO with the ability to dial in their energy levels before hitting the daily iron.
    • Increased Strength
    • No Crash
      August 21, 2013

I'm finally done with my ON Platinum-Pre tub. I bought this back in Feb, and only got to use it once before I was out of commission for 3 months. I've been wanting to do this review for a while, because there should be more reviews for this product. ON is a good company and this had some high expectations. It did not disappoint, at least for me.

No prop. blends, big plus! It's a fairly simple profile. I'll highlight some of the good things at 2 scoops.

-400 mg of caffeine(can be good or bad)
    -3.2g of Beta-Alanine
    -4g of Citrulline(PepForm)
    -250mg Capsimax
    -DMAE Bitartrate(related to Choline)
    -Some Vitamin C
    - Antioxidants coming from Grape Seed Extract, Beet Juice Powder, and Red Wine Grape Extract

At 2 scoops, everything is very well dosed. The only problem for some people might be that 400 mg is quite high. 400mg is the highest I would ever take before a workout. I personally think anything over 300mg is quite high, and 400mg is def. too much for a lot of people out there. You could take one scoop, just make sure you have some extra Beta-Alanine on hand. Platinum Pre was obviously intended for the sole reason of performance.

The Capsimax is quite interesting. It's used in a lot of fat burners to increase thermogenesis, gives you that hot/sweaty feeling. Another big plus for me is the lack of creatine. Most of us take creatine straight, so why supplement with it?

I tried a Raspberry Lemonade sample packet a long time ago. It worked/tasted so well I went out and bought a tub at GNC(where I worked at the time). We only had the fruit punch of course. I was never too crazy about it. Was def. not like any fruit punch I've ever tasted. The Capsimax is def. noticeable. Once in a while I would accidentally bite into a piece of it and would feel my tongue start to burn. It can hit your throat once in a while too. Not a big con really but I just think it's weird to drink something spicy before a workout.

Mixed alright. I'd get a bit of residue at the bottom from time to time, probably from Capsimax. The biggest problem for me was that it took me forever to get through it, it would start to clump up.

This is easily one of the best preworkouts I have ever used.

At 400mg of caffeine, you should expect a good amount of energy. Always lasted throughout my workout. Energy seems perfect for a grueling leg day for some reason.

Had good focus throughout my workouts every time, and even after them too! Not as good as when I take dendrobium or something like that, but it's still noticeable.

Not going to rate this. I never took this by itself, and always stacked it with a pump product. I'm sure it helped with that, but seriously it would be unfair to ON to rate this higher or lower than it should be. Don't want to turn this into a "heavy arms" review. I'm sure it helped, but I am not confident enough to say how much it helped. Either way, it should provide any user with at least an increased pump.

This is def. performance based. I never got the usual feeling of being cracked out. I always felt more like just wanting to take on whatever was in front of me. It seems to make lifting more fun than what it already is. Almost like I'm in battle, as corny as that sounds. Really made me want to squat whenever I took it on leg day, even though my squats have been sucking lately.

The Capsimax made me sweat like crazy every workout. It can get quite annoying sometimes, other times it just makes you feel like you are having a great workout.

Usually around $30, you can find it for around $25 though. Seems to be fairly priced compared to other preworkouts. Still, for 15 servings when you use 2 scoops, it just seems a bit pricy, even though I've paid more. Still worth every penny though.

I highly recommend trying Platinum-Pre. It's a very well-rounded pre-workout that is effective at both 1 or 2 scoops. If you are looking to up your workout performance in just about every aspect, this is worth a shot. Just try to get it on sale.
    • Beastmode
    • Pricey

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.