Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Optimum > Platinum Pre

Optimum Platinum Pre

Platinum Pre Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (17 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 97% (Well Trusted)

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Micro Reviews
Jack3d Micro (58 Reviews)
Optimum Essential AmiN.O. Energy Reviews
Essential AmiN.O. Energy (62 Reviews)
Driven Sports Craze Reviews
Craze (80 Reviews)
USP Labs Yok3d Reviews
Yok3d (90 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Which PWO is better? C4, Platinum Pre or Jack3d Micro?
What's up guys? I've been taking Super Charge Xtreme N.O with great re...

ON Platinum Pre & SCIVATION XTEND TAKING BOTH
Hey guys just out of curiosity i wondered if anyone has tried to do this, i.e. t...

Deal Of The Day At Muscle HQ Optimum Nutrition's Platinum Pre - 30 Serving Pre-Workout $22
Deal Of The Day At Muscle HQ Optimum Nutrition's Platinum PRE - 30 Serving ...

ON Platinum Pre- & Cellucor C4 Extreme Questions ON Mixing the to together.
I was at my local Max Muscle on friday and owner of the store gave me some free ...

Optimum Nutrition Platinum Pre Review
Bam Bam! Going Platinum! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYlNafoGxU0...

Optimum Nutrition "Platinum Pre-" New Pre-Workout from ON
Just got the email a few minutes ago.  ON finally decides to create a Pre-W...

Just released,Optimum Nutrition Platinum Pre!
Ingredient profile looks pretty basic but knowing optimum it should be good none...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Platinum Pre Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Platinum Pre Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (15)
  • Effective (12)
  • Good Focus (11)
  • Good Value (6)
  • Spicy (9)
  • Questionable Taste (5)
  • Pricey (4)
  • Some Jitters (2)
August 21, 2013

Clipper83

Reviews: 80

Age: 23

August 21, 2013
A Great Performance Based Pre

I'm finally done with my ON Platinum-Pre tub. I bought this back in Feb, and only got to use it once before I was out of commission for 3 months. I've been wanting to do this review for a while, because there should be more reviews for this product. ON is a good company and this had some high expectations. It did not disappoint, at least for me.

Profile:

No prop. blends, big plus! It's a fairly simple profile. I'll highlight some of the good things at 2 scoops.

-400 mg of caffeine(can be good or bad)
-3.2g of Beta-Alanine
-4g of Citrulline(PepForm)
-250mg Capsimax
-DMAE Bitartrate(related to Choline)
-Some Vitamin C
- Antioxidants coming from Grape Seed Extract, Beet Juice Powder, and Red Wine Grape Extract

At 2 scoops, everything is very well dosed. The only problem for some people might be that 400 mg is quite high. 400mg is the highest I would ever take before a workout. I personally think anything over 300mg is quite high, and 400mg is def. too much for a lot of people out there. You could take one scoop, just make sure you have some extra Beta-Alanine on hand. Platinum Pre was obviously intended for the sole reason of performance.

The Capsimax is quite interesting. It's used in a lot of fat burners to increase thermogenesis, gives you that hot/sweaty feeling. Another big plus for me is the lack of creatine. Most of us take creatine straight, so why supplement with it?

Taste(7.5/10)

I tried a Raspberry Lemonade sample packet a long time ago. It worked/tasted so well I went out and bought a tub at GNC(where I worked at the time). We only had the fruit punch of course. I was never too crazy about it. Was def. not like any fruit punch I've ever tasted. The Capsimax is def. noticeable. Once in a while I would accidentally bite into a piece of it and would feel my tongue start to burn. It can hit your throat once in a while too. Not a big con really but I just think it's weird to drink something spicy before a workout.

Mix:(8.5/10)

Mixed alright. I'd get a bit of residue at the bottom from time to time, probably from Capsimax. The biggest problem for me was that it took me forever to get through it, it would start to clump up.

Effectiveness:(9.4/10)

This is easily one of the best preworkouts I have ever used.

Energy-9.5/10
At 400mg of caffeine, you should expect a good amount of energy. Always lasted throughout my workout. Energy seems perfect for a grueling leg day for some reason.

Focus-9/10
Had good focus throughout my workouts every time, and even after them too! Not as good as when I take dendrobium or something like that, but it's still noticeable.

Pump-
Not going to rate this. I never took this by itself, and always stacked it with a pump product. I'm sure it helped with that, but seriously it would be unfair to ON to rate this higher or lower than it should be. Don't want to turn this into a "heavy arms" review. I'm sure it helped, but I am not confident enough to say how much it helped. Either way, it should provide any user with at least an increased pump.

This is def. performance based. I never got the usual feeling of being cracked out. I always felt more like just wanting to take on whatever was in front of me. It seems to make lifting more fun than what it already is. Almost like I'm in battle, as corny as that sounds. Really made me want to squat whenever I took it on leg day, even though my squats have been sucking lately.

The Capsimax made me sweat like crazy every workout. It can get quite annoying sometimes, other times it just makes you feel like you are having a great workout.

Value:(7.5/10)

Usually around $30, you can find it for around $25 though. Seems to be fairly priced compared to other preworkouts. Still, for 15 servings when you use 2 scoops, it just seems a bit pricy, even though I've paid more. Still worth every penny though.

Overall:(9.1/10)

I highly recommend trying Platinum-Pre. It's a very well-rounded pre-workout that is effective at both 1 or 2 scoops. If you are looking to up your workout performance in just about every aspect, this is worth a shot. Just try to get it on sale.
Pros:
Cons:
  • No Creatine
  • Beastmode
Daloof911
Daloof911

Joined: 6/2012
Reviews: 26
Reputation: +477
I really liked this pwo, but its almost a little too pricey to purchase again when there are so many others I want to try. Your review is makin' me wish I had some right now though...

Soberano633
Soberano633

Joined: 11/2012
Reviews: 1
Reputation: -33
Tooooooo much caffeine. I am out from trying this PWO out.

Reply #3:

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +474
the superfruit is the best except for that damn capsimax.

definitely in my top 3 preworkouts

Reply #4:
chefneilde
chefneilde

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 27
Reputation: +768
Superfruit is disgusting the pepper made me want to hurl, but I almost always use on an empty stomach. I gave my 1/2 full bottle away.

Reply #5:

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +474
really I thought that tasted soo good haha

February 28, 2014

SuperGill

Reviews: 6

February 28, 2014
 A rather short review on this product by optimum nutrition. Before I start the review I must say I really love Optimum and their whey and creatine are staples in my stack. I was really hoping from similarly positive results from their Pre Workout or as it is called Platinum Pre. Optimum surprisingly has never made a proper pre till this one so expectations were high. The Steve Cook ad was pretty good too. After trying it, I am honestly surprised that this product has a 9.0 rating on SR.

Taste – (7/10)
I had the raspberry lemonade flavor which was according to most reviews, the best tasting among the 3 PP flavours. Got to say im not really a big fan of the flavor but I would find it rather harsh to judge a pre for its flavor after all its just 300ml of water etc. It had that slightly spicy taste to it too so do have some cold water nearby. Possibly due to the capsimax ingredient (some thermogenic) in it. Compared to MusclePharm raspberry lemonade (old), I would say this one is slightly better, just a little more spicy.

Effectiveness – (5/10)
I really wanted this product to work, since I was under the illusion that ON makes some of the best supps on the market and their pre would be no different. Sadly, this let me down, big time. My endurance remained the same, with or without PP. Couldn’t get any tingles from the BA even at two scoops. Strength increases were close to zero. Red bull gave me more energy than this pre to be honest. I also do have to add that the only pre I took before this was mp assault then stopped pres for a month to get this. Not a stimulant person and rarely drink coffee.

Value- (6/10)
At 30+ bucks for 30 scoops, this is one of the higher priced pres on the market. I wouldn’t have mind paying the premium if it worked though. Most of the time, people would need more than 1 scoop to get the effects of this so it becomes more than a dollar a serve.

Overall – (5/10)
It might not have worked for me, though I really wanted it to. I tried using it on an empty stomach, full stomach, varied the amount of water to mix with this. Diet remained constant before and during taking this so I can guarantee diet and dosing isn’t the issue. The thermo in the pre did make me sweat more during my workouts I must say too.

Overall, there are other similarly priced pres that are much more effective than this. But everyone is different, so that might explain why i didn’t get the fantastic results that others had gotten from this product.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Capsimax
  • No Creatine
  • No Increased Energy
  • Strength Increase Minimal
  • Some Jitters
Meuth
Meuth

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 40
Reputation: +3594
Sounds like an honest assessment.

locospider09

nickyfondz

Reviews: 8

November 19, 2013
Spicy Pre!

To begin, I believe that ON is a great company. I have been taking their whey protein for years and have no reason to changes companies. Not completely sure how I feel about this.

Price: 7/10
You will usually find this for around $40 for 30 servings. I'm sure you can find it a little cheaper, but at most places this is the average. It is a decent price, but not the best on the market. Probably somewhere around the middle-of-the-road. Average priced.

Mixability: 4/10
The actual powder in ON PRE mixed fine. The only problem that I had with this was the Capsimax. It definitely didn't mix in the bottom and left a grainy taste to the end of the drink. Not enjoyable at all once you get to the bottom.

Taste: 5/10
This is going to be a weird taste review. The actual flavor "Superfruit" was great. It's a different flavor that you don't see too often. The only problem came when the Capsimax was left over. The Capsimax would often give off a spicy flavor. If you even dared to pop one of the tiny capsules on your tongue, have fun. Your mouth will be on fire for most of your workout.

Energy: 7/10
Once you got passed the taste, the energy took over. It was a decently strong, clean energy. It is probably around the same as the average PWO if not a little better. It did the job, but not as well as the top of the line PWOs.

Ingredient profile: 7/10
Caffeine is at 200mg. This is a decent amount. The only problem comes if you want more than one scoop. 200mg is not too much, but 400mg would be. If 200mg isn't enough, I would recommend taking only a scoop and a half. PRE has beta-alinine which is a plus, but there is no creatine. I like creatine in my PWO because I don't supplement with it otherwise. The Capsimax is the worst part of this PWO. I personally hated it. Form your own opinions, but I didn't like it. Maybe you aren't supposed to pop the Capsimax capsules, but it's somewhat inevitable. Too spicy for my liking.

You never really need to go above one scoop, so value is solid. It is decently price and gives off a good amount of energy.

I would say that ON PRE is a slightly above-average PWO. It has a very small ingredient profile, but produces decent energy. The Capsimax just stops me from giving this a better overall review. Taste is one of the things I enjoy in a PWO and this doesn't do it for me.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective
  • Good Company
October 24, 2013

wcstrong57

Reviews: 2

Age: 19

October 24, 2013
Platinum Pre…Platinum Workout

Since the beginning of modern recorded history there has been an inconceivable lust for gold. However, what if I told you that there is a pre-workout that is worth it's weight not in gold, but, in platinum? (For those of you that don't know your precious metals, platinum is ridiculously more valuable.) With that being said, I am in love with ON's Platinum Pre.

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)
The more you all here on Supplementreviews.com become familiar with me, you'll notice a trend. I'm not someone who's picky about the taste or mix-ability of a product (I don't drink them slow enough to distinguish one.). Therefore, I thought that Platinum Pre tasted pretty darn good. I did have the fruit punch flavor.
Now I did notice a slight spiciness to it, which is most likely in part due to the capsaicin. I also noticed throughout my two tubs of chugging that it was also a tad bit bitter. I didn't really mind the bitterness and I fairly enjoyed the spiciness, since it gave me a little kick. However, it gets old after awhile.

Effectiveness (10/10)
All I can say is i'm getting amped just thinking about taking this before a workout. My workouts during my football offseason (I play NCAA D3) consisted of a 4 day split, with moderate cardio. Every single day this product delivered.
I'm not a huge caffeine drinker, which is probably why this had a great effect on me. Aside from a slight beta-alanine tingle. Platinum Pre got me so amped to lift that I would go into "Gears Of War" Berserker mode when I was working out with the team (especially on power clean day). Nonetheless, Platinum Pre gave me an extremely clean burst of energy. I was amped but not jittery. I also didn't notice any crash from the product.

Value (5/10)
As much as it pains me to give this product a con, it is the price. Since I am a new reviewer on the site I must inform all of you that I'm a college student. I do not have a very large budget when it comes to supplements. Although, Platinum Pre isn't that bad of a deal when used sparingly. Online I found it priced at about $30 USD. With the largest serving container consisting of 30 servings (lasted me roughly a month.). But the problem is, I like to use 2 scoops. Which makes it last about half a month. Again, not unreasonable. I have a college budget. It can always be better.

Overall (10/10)
Other then my darn budget holding me back here and there. I have nothing negative to say about this product. ON did a great job with Platinum Pre. I highly recommend it if you feel like going into a state of pure euphoria that only a "Hammer Of Dawn" can stop you. Hope this helped. Thanks for reading.
  • Need A Bigger Tub
October 3, 2013

Age: 28

October 3, 2013
"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick!" -Ash, Army of Darkness.

Hey SR! It has been a veerryyy long time since I typed out a review, but I feel that this supplement deserves a little credit.

I happen to be a unique individual when it comes to preworkouts. I find myself to be sensitive to supps that have too many stimulants or just a laundry list of ingredients, so I typically like my pre workouts to be quick and to the point. After finishing a run with Capsi-Blast, which was basically just hot peppers and caffeine (see my review here http://supplementreviews.com/promera-health/capsi-blast), I needed something with a better focus and energy profile. I have always been a fan of ON’s consistent quality, so I wasn’t too concerned with dropping the $$$ for this product.

INGREDIENTS: 9/10

Practically a full disclosure label, this PWO offers endurance and energy enhancement, along with N.O support and thermogenic qualities. What is great about the label is how easily it is to read. You know exactly how much caffeine, beta-alanine, and citruline you get with 1 – 2 scoops. The only complaint here is that if you are only in the mood for the 1 scoop serving, you miss out on a effective dose of beta-alanine.

Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container 30

L-Citrulline 2 g
(as Micronized L-Citrulline PepForm Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate])
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1.6 g
DMAE Bitartrate 250 mg
PhytoBlend 250 mg
Beet Juice Powder Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(seeds)
MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera)(fruit) Citrus Bioflavonoids
Caffeine 200 mg
Capsimax Capsicum Extract 125 mg
(Capsicum annuum)(fruit)(standardized for capsaicinoids)

TASTE: 6/10

I had the fruit punch flavor, which was somewhat disappointing. It’s like while they were making the product someone said “Hey! I read somewhere that peppers are fruits………..let’s toss a sack full of them into the punch!” So yes, hot spicy fruit punch thanks to the capsi-max.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10

This PWO provided some of the cleanest focus and energy enhancement I have yet to experience. Even at 1 scoop, I was able to focus on my lifts and connect with the muscle groups I was training. Of all the ingredients, I attribute this to the caffeine/DMAE combo. The caffeine provided the energy, and the DMAE enhanced my focus along with the sensation that it was far easier to contract my muscles and produce force. I know this sounds like a gimmick, but it literally felt like every rep was the result of all my muscle fibers firing; especially during big lifts like front squats. I also sweated a ton during my lifts, probably due to the capsi-max.

I will say that the only drawback I experienced was during a cardio or HIIT day. My heart rate would be too high to handle these types of workouts, so I typically only took ½ scoop just to get me moving.

COST: 6/10

Most retail stores had this tub going for about $35. Not bad if you only need 1 scoop like me (30 servings), but if you aren’t stimulant sensitive and need 400mg of caffeine before you workout, 2 scoops will only give you 15 servings! So, in short I was able to get my money’s worth, but if you need a bigger stimulant kick for less money like most people, look elsewhere.

SIDE EFFECTS: N/A

Other than my inability to handle a high stimulant serving during a cardio/HIIT day, I never felt anything that would deter me filling my shaker cup. There was never a crash, and for the most part the energy would last well past my workout.

OVERALL: 9/10

The combination of an unambiguous nutrition label, effective ingredients, and the ability to provide the promised clean “energy and focus” earns this supp a 9 out of 10. I would recommend this product to those who need a PWO with the ability to dial in their energy levels before hitting the daily iron.

Pros:
Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Increased Strength
ron
ron

Joined: 9/2011
Reviews: 16
Reputation: +1987
Great review!!!
I will say that your value score of 6 seems a little low in comparison to how you really felt about it though.

Joined: 2/2013
Reputation: +114
Yeah, I debated about the pricing score. I figure that most people I meet are much more stim tolerant than myself, so I gave it score with others in mind...

May 25, 2013

Yoshio

May 25, 2013
 IT's been a good couple years since I had something with a clean feeling. We all tried the best and worst supps. Highs and lows we all find that little container of powder we just have to hold on and remember. Is Platinum Pre on that list? I dare say yes.

I have had my eye on this for almost half a year since it made it's way onto the shelves. We all know Optimum is trusted in all their supps. Now hearing of a pre that has it's share of stims compared to their Amino drink? Curiosity always peaks at these times when it comes to Pre-workouts and this really met my expectations. Let's now begin with a firsthand experience buying, trying, and applying this product.

Price: I payed a solid 35 dollars for this at the Vitamin Shoppe. For 30 servings it feels a little like a rip but I am a quality over quantity man. So for a little extra cash you can be assured no gimmicks.

Ingredients: I'm still new with identifying every ingredient in the profile but L-Citruline, Beta Alanine and Caffeine are the main ingredients as well as a phyto blend for flavor and most importantly their is capsicum. That right there will make you ask "Is it gonna be spicy?" The profile looks clean well at least more clean than older products under FDA fire.

Taste/Mixability: I got the punch flavor. Ok the capsicum kinda kills it. It'll be a sweet/sour/spicy taste. Well here in the border we live off spices so it didn't bother me. Sadly though the first time I tried it there was a scratch in my throat that was a little cut and pouring that capsicum made my day all the more better. So flavor is like a 7/10 It's not a chore nor a pleasure.
Did it mix? Of course! Minus the capsicum crystals which can be easily stirred in before the last gulp.

Effects: Oh this is a good part. Within the first 15 minutes I could feel the Beta on my face. I welcome that tingle, gives me irritation which gets me a little mad for the weights. Then the caffeine runs smoothly in my warm up. The music is amplified and I begin to mentally prepare the workout. During the workout I feel a satisfying job being done. Sufficient pump plus a slow burning clean rush reminds me to appreciate the feeling of working out and keeping form. Chest and back day. Really amplified muscles and gave me a extra ten pounds to my max outs. I must say I can not stress the key word here: CLEAN. We end the day and as I am coming down to a cool down I have no angered jitters, no 1,3 feeling of a cracked out meat head. Slow dying rush and rising satisfaction washes over me in an awesome wave. OH! One more thing, I have a tendency to crush the capsicum in my mouth. Why? I read somewhere a long time ago spices like Capsicum give you a boost in the gym. I would bite the crystal and let the spice burn up my tongue sending me into a rage that I must say pays off with well controlled volumes of cold clean water.

Results: I have enjoyed the results of lasting in my cardio runs and lasting longer on my sets by adding more and more reps. A valued effect.

Overall: Let me give you another idea. My diet recently became fixed and clean. Simple clean diet like paleo, veggies, chicken and fruit mixed with multi-vitamins and fish oils as well as protein (Mainly from the foods I don't wanna rely on my powder too much)I weighed in at 180 now I weighed in at 184 plus a noticeable definition that got me considering cutting soon.

Too me this one hit it out the ball park. I would recommend it and buy it again. I feel like I got my moneys worth and say thank you to ON for actually sparking what I see as a new step towards putting honesty and integrity in their products. Thank you for your time and I hope you give this supp a shot.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good Focus
May 7, 2013

arvind03

Reviews: 3

Age: 22

May 7, 2013
AWESOME !!!

It starts "AWESOME",

INGREDIENTS: L-Citrulline-this is a precursor to nitric oxide, which will give a good pump.
CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine-will give the endurance to the muscles which is needed for some high- intensity training. DMAE Bitartrate-Small amounts of it are also naturally produced in the human brain. Health-food outlets sell it in capsule form to "boost brain power." Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract- these will give you the antioxidant support. Capsimax™ Capsicum Extract- provides the metabolic support needed.

TASTE: I would rate 8 to 9 for both raspberry lemonade and superfruit. At the end of the drink would see some very small chunks. Those are the capsicum extracts, so you will have a spicy after taste. Some may complain about the spicy after taste but actually I like that spicy taste, coz it gets the rage in me...

EFFECTS: This is the main part. You could feel as soon as you drink it. Those tingling sensation from the beta-alanine. I love those tingles. The focus you get is unbelievable. Energy is onto the roofs. Today i banged on a pair of 40kgs for my chest press. It will definitely help you to push some "HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS".

I conclude by saying this can definitely "help with plateaus."
Pros:
Cons:
  • Superbeastmode
    April 28, 2013

Reviews: 4

Age: 25

April 28, 2013
     This is my first review. I heard about this site while working in a supplement store. I've had about every pre-workout there is through samples, years of trying new ones, etc. and few actually get a good effect without a crash. Im a fighter and do not lift weights much, i stick to throwing human bodies around, striking, wrestling, circuits and gymnastic movements such as muscle ups. You're not gonna bench press a guy off of you in a fight. Here is my review:
    -Ingredient Profile: 8/10
    Very minimal, but effective
    Total Carbohydrate 1g <1%*
    Protein <1g 1%*
    Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid, Acerola Extract) 100mg 167%
    Sodium 60mg 3%
    Potassium (As Potassium Chloride) 70mg 2%
    L-Citrulline (As Micronized L-Citrulline, PepForm® Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate]) 2g
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine 1.6g
    DMAE Bitartrate 250mg
    PhytoBlend - Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Seeds), MegaNatural® Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Fruit), Citrus Bioflavonoids 250mg
    Caffeine 200mg

-Taste: 9/10
    I tried a whole container of fruit punch and raspberry lemonade, and both were among the best I've ever tried, but the raspberry lemonade is probably the best of the 2. The only downfall is that the last sip always has the undissolved cayenne pepper that catches the tip of your tongue which may be a sensitive issue for some people.

-Effectiveness: 8/10
    I'm prescribed to adderall and have a high stimulant tolerance so I always start out with 2 servings. 2 servings had a nice beta alanine tingle that mimics a cold sweat on the way to the gym. Gave me a nice pump, a 30-35 minute surge of energy, and an aggression towards my sets and reps that pushed me through most of my workouts even when I felt terrible on some days. There was a "mean mug" factor as well, where I would look angry between sets. Regardless of what people say, pre-workouts dont increase strength, your workout does, and this gives you the ability to get those good workouts in. Good stuff.

-Mixability: 9/10
    About 10 shakes in a blender bottle did the trick, but there was always those specks of cayenne (capsimax) in the bottom. Every time.

-Value: 7/10
    This stuff was expensive. You can catch it for pretty cheap (34.99) on bodybuilding.com but still, cost per serving is not cheap. But it is a reputable brand, effective, and high quality. If you have the extra money, it's not a bad deal.

-Overall: 8/10
    This stuff was solid, and the only downfall is the price, in all honesty. That, and the sting of cayenne on the tongue. I would recommend this, but for the money there are technically products that will give you more bang for your buck, such as ProSupps "Hyde" or something with DMAA, even Jack3d. But everybody's got their preference, and that's why some people still listen to garbage like "Good Charolette". Later.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Could Help Plateaus
    • Beastmode

Lol, kidding. Nice 1st review

Joined: 4/2013
    Reviews: 4
    Reputation: +50
    Thanks man, and mean mugging is a must if you want to get psyched up to hit a PR haha.

March 3, 2013

Reviews: 5

Age: 24

March 3, 2013
     Wish I would've had a good signal at the Arnold Classic because standing in line for almost hour at cellucor and other long lines, I could have written a review for this.

Ingredients- The ingredient profile for PRE are pretty basic and I prefer PWO's that just stick to the basic ingredients rather then adding in a bunch (MP assault).

L-Citrulline - 2g
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine - 1.6g
    DMAE Bitartrate - 250mg
    PhytoBlend - 250mg
    Caffeine - 200mg
    Capsimax™ Capsicum Extract (Capsicum Annuum)(Fruit)(Standardized For Capsaicinoids) - 125mg

I like my PWOs to have a good amount of beta alanine (a plus for carnosyn) and citrulline. From this website, one of the best products I've come to use was raw citrulline mixed with a PWO and it's now something I use with all my PWOs. I reckon the capsimax is the reason for the spiciness but it wasn't something that ruined it for me.

Dosing/Effectiveness- With PRE I rarely went over 1 scoop because like I've stated in other reviews, I mix beta alanine and citrulline with my PWOs. As always, I started out with using PRE by its self for about 2 weeks and it didn't disappoint. The fist week I dosed at just one scoop and the pumps pretty good if I kept lifting. After the first week I would try a scoop and quarter or a scoop and a half but never more then that. The effectiveness is a 9 because PRE always delivered a good pump and a good workout. The first week of taking PRE by itself I could actually feel the tingling from the carnosyn beta alanine, but after the second week they didn't come back until I added in my own beta alanine. I know some people will say dosing at only one scoop isn't at what levels beta alanine and citrulline were studied at, but like I said, I added in my own beta alanine and citrulline. PRE is the best pump PWO I have taken and really shines when I added in citrulline after week 2.

Value- PRE gets an 8 for value and the only reason I knocked it was because at one scoop per serving, its 96 cents and that might be a little high for some. I don't mind paying almost a dollar per serving if it's a PWO that works as well as PRE did. I got PRE at illpumpyouup.com 28.95$

Cons- The only cons that one could say about PRE is the price and the spiciness. Either one doesn't bug me as much but I wouldn't recommend biting down on the crystals unless you like the pepper feeling. Other people that dosed at 2 scoops would think price is more of a con since price per serving goes up to almost 2$, but I kept PRE at almost one scoop since I add in my own beta alanine and citrulline. I never had any superdumps250 with this product or GI issues.

Overall- PRE has everything I would want in a PWO maybe minus the spiciness. The spiciness wasn't too bad after I learned not to bite down on the crystals. I had the superfruit flavor which was different then a fruit punch but was still good and better then other fruit punch flavors. At a 9 PRE is my new favorite PWO over Jack3d Micro. While Jack3d Micro works good for me and is almost the same price (at illpumpyouup) I felt better on PRE. A plus for PRE is they use carnosyn beta alanine which i'm finding out seems to better then just regular beta alanine. I don't mind paying 96 cents a serving if it works really good and I will certainly be using PRE more then just once.
    Isplisgardt
    Isplisgardt

Joined: 2/2011
    Reviews: 17
    Reputation: +650
    Those lines were bad, but I never had to wait in the ON line and I just told the cellucor
    Girl that I wanted to buy some bcaas and I got to just go up to the front do that and get my shirt. But it was awesome I got 50 servings of pre :) and also nice review

Joined: 8/2012
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +37
    Yeah a friend and I watched the main stage for quite awhile so we got screwed on some lines. The only booth we didn't hit was BBing and universal. The line for bbing went through 4 isles, crazy. Thanks though

Reply #3:
    workoutguru
    workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
    Reviews: 83
    Reputation: +881
    I tried a sample of this. I had the fruit punch and thought the tasted was a little two sweet and I did not like the little spicy crystals they put in this. Not sure what the point of them were but yuck I thought.

February 22, 2013

eszamiel

Reviews: 3

Age: 26

February 22, 2013
     I only use Optimum Nutrition for my additional sources of protein and I love their quality so I decided to give Platinum Pre a chance since their other products haven't failed me yet. I have used No Xplode, Jack3d, and Muscle Marinade before and I have to say this is my favorite with Jack3d coming in a close second. I am very happy with my purchase and will definitely be using this in the future.

PROFILE -------------- (8)

This PWO contains pretty much everything you could ask for except creatine which is a plus for me since I get my creatine from other supplements I take, not to mention naturally in my diet. So depending on what the user is looking for that can be a big plus or minus, in my case its a positive. Per 1 scoop it gives you a good amount of energy and per 2 scoop it's even more intense. It also lists all the ingredients so you know exactly what you're taking and how much. Also I don't believe it contains any NO so there's not much of an additional pump aside from the one you get naturally when you're lifting.

TASTE/MIXABILITY -------------- (9)

I purchased the fruit punch flavor and like all the other optimum products I have used, the taste is quite good for a supplement. As others have mentioned, there is a little spice to it but I actually enjoy it and it's really not an issue as long as you mix it rather well. No clumping and minimal settling at the bottom of mixer but that's pretty normal.

EFFECTIVENESS -------------- (9)

Very good in my opinion. Increased energy and focus. Definitely helps me keep going at the gym. Like mentioned earlier, I don't believe there is much of an increase in the "pump" but as far as helping you work harder and longer it definitely does the job.

VALUE -------------- (8)

I purchased this product for approximately $30 so that's slightly over $1 per serving which is pretty standard for a good PWO but for an intense workout it's $2 per serving which can make the tub go rather quick. For the value it's not that big of an issue but compared to products like Jack3d it has less servings. Although with Jack3d you definitely build up a tolerance so it tends to even out in the end. Overall it's fairly priced and does what it says so no complaints.

CONCLUSION -------------- (9)

Overall I'm happy with this product. The ingredients, taste, and effectiveness are all great. This fits perfectly in with the stack I run so it fulfills what I need it to. If you're looking for a solid PWO without creatine then search no further. Also if you're a big fan of Optimum Nutrition like I am I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    • Effective

Have you used Platinum Pre? Submit your own Review!