Platinum Pre

By: Optimum

Platinum Pre is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Optimum. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does Platinum Pre work?
Click to Expand
Clipper83

I'm finally done with my ON Platinum-Pre tub. I bought this back in Feb, and only got to use it once before I was out of commission for 3 months. I've been wanting to do this review for a while, because there should be more reviews for this product. ON is a good company and this had some high expectations. It did not disappoint, at least for me.

Profile:

No prop. blends, big plus! It's a fairly simple profile. I'll highlight some of the good things at 2 scoops.

-400 mg of caffeine(can be good or bad)
-3.2g of Beta-Alanine
-4g of Citrulline(PepForm)
-250mg Capsimax
-DMAE...

Profile:

-400 mg of caffeine(can be good or bad)
-3.2g of Beta-Alanine
-4g of Citrulline(PepForm)
-250mg Capsimax
-DMAE Bitartrate(related to Choline)
-Some Vitamin C
- Antioxidants coming from Grape Seed Extract, Beet Juice Powder, and Red Wine Grape Extract

At 2 scoops, everything is very well dosed. The only problem for some people might be that 400 mg is quite high. 400mg is the highest I would ever take before a workout. I personally think anything over 300mg is quite high, and 400mg is def. too much for a lot of people out there. You could take one scoop, just make sure you have some extra Beta-Alanine on hand. Platinum Pre was obviously intended for the sole reason of performance.

The Capsimax is quite interesting. It's used in a lot of fat burners to increase thermogenesis, gives you that hot/sweaty feeling. Another big plus for me is the lack of creatine. Most of us take creatine straight, so why supplement with it?

Taste(7.5/10)

I tried a Raspberry Lemonade sample packet a long time ago. It worked/tasted so well I went out and bought a tub at GNC(where I worked at the time). We only had the fruit punch of course. I was never too crazy about it. Was def. not like any fruit punch I've ever tasted. The Capsimax is def. noticeable. Once in a while I would accidentally bite into a piece of it and would feel my tongue start to burn. It can hit your throat once in a while too. Not a big con really but I just think it's weird to drink something spicy before a workout.

Mix:(8.5/10)

Mixed alright. I'd get a bit of residue at the bottom from time to time, probably from Capsimax. The biggest problem for me was that it took me forever to get through it, it would start to clump up.

Effectiveness:(9.4/10)

This is easily one of the best preworkouts I have ever used.

Energy-9.5/10
At 400mg of caffeine, you should expect a good amount of energy. Always lasted throughout my workout. Energy seems perfect for a grueling leg day for some reason.

Focus-9/10
Had good focus throughout my workouts every time, and even after them too! Not as good as when I take dendrobium or something like that, but it's still noticeable.

Pump-
Not going to rate this. I never took this by itself, and always stacked it with a pump product. I'm sure it helped with that, but seriously it would be unfair to ON to rate this higher or lower than it should be. Don't want to turn this into a "heavy arms" review. I'm sure it helped, but I am not confident enough to say how much it helped. Either way, it should provide any user with at least an increased pump.

This is def. performance based. I never got the usual feeling of being cracked out. I always felt more like just wanting to take on whatever was in front of me. It seems to make lifting more fun than what it already is. Almost like I'm in battle, as corny as that sounds. Really made me want to squat whenever I took it on leg day, even though my squats have been sucking lately.

The Capsimax made me sweat like crazy every workout. It can get quite annoying sometimes, other times it just makes you feel like you are having a great workout.

Value:(7.5/10)

Usually around $30, you can find it for around $25 though. Seems to be fairly priced compared to other preworkouts. Still, for 15 servings when you use 2 scoops, it just seems a bit pricy, even though I've paid more. Still worth every penny though.

Overall:(9.1/10)

I highly recommend trying Platinum-Pre. It's a very well-rounded pre-workout that is effective at both 1 or 2 scoops. If you are looking to up your workout performance in just about every aspect, this is worth a shot. Just try to get it on sale.
  • Beastmode
  • No Creatine

• Daloof911
    August 21, 2013

I really liked this pwo, but its almost a little too pricey to purchase again when there are so many others I want to try. Your review is makin' me wish I had some right now though...
  • Soberano633
    Rep: -59
    August 21, 2013

Tooooooo much caffeine. I am out from trying this PWO out.
    August 21, 2013

The superfruit is the best except for that damn capsimax.

definitely in my top 3 preworkouts
  • chefneilde
    August 21, 2013

Superfruit is disgusting the pepper made me want to hurl, but I almost always use on an empty stomach. I gave my 1/2 full bottle away.
    August 21, 2013

Really I thought that tasted soo good haha

Watch out jack3d Micro! Platinum Pre coming through.

I really enjoyed this preworkout from start to finish.

Ingredients- Good dosing on ingredients at 2 scoops so you can tell it was meant to be dosed at 2 scoops to get clinical doses. I think Petey did a much better job at discusses each ingredient than I could if I wanted to so I will just say I really like the whole blend of antioxidants and where they took this preworkout. I like the addition of beet juice.

Taste - 10 -
Watch out jack3d Micro! Platinum Pre coming through.

I really enjoyed this preworkout from start to finish.

Taste - 10 -
Give it a ten because it tastes good or at least as good as you could wish a pre to taste. Despite the small spicy clumps at the end. The superfruit was really good, and smooth tasting.

Effectiveness- 9

Not much more I would ask of it really. plenty of caffeine at 2 scoops to get you going. Citrulline kept those nice pumps. Carnosyn beta alanine for the endurance, been a while since I had the tingles in my face lol which is weird cause I take plenty of beta, but after drinking I always got some warm tingles in my face. like I said earlier I cant speak to all the ingredients but combined I can tell you they work. I had great workouts throughout the tub at 2 scoops. Focus, clean energy, decent pumps, performance. I will definitely get this again. Worked very well

Value---7
29 at allstarhealth.com Of course everybody would always love a better value. but what can you do. The product performs great. at 2 dollars a dose is it worth it? ( for 2 scoops) I think so. It may be pricey but ON is right this preworkout is 100% business *for those who mean business. I added that last part because its true if you want a great preworkout 2 dollars shouldnt be a big deal. I actually dont even think it is that pricey compared to the days where we all used 3 scoops of jack3d for 23-30 bucks and it lasted 15 workouts and this works way better in my opinion.

Overall- 9-

Tastes super, Works very well, Worth the price.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superbeastmode

• LeCajun
    December 6, 2012

Good review. Quarter of the way through mine and the spicy pepper flavor is pretty gross at the end
    December 6, 2012

I noticed that some days were spicier than others. I think it could use some shaking before you take a scoop out.

A rather short review on this product by optimum nutrition. Before I start the review I must say I really love Optimum and their whey and creatine are staples in my stack. I was really hoping from similarly positive results from their Pre Workout or as it is called Platinum Pre. Optimum surprisingly has never made a proper pre till this one so expectations were high. The Steve Cook ad was pretty good too. After trying it, I am honestly surprised that this product has a 9.0 rating on SR.

Taste – (7/10)
I had the raspberry lemonade flavor which was according to most reviews,...

Taste – (7/10)
I had the raspberry lemonade flavor which was according to most reviews, the best tasting among the 3 PP flavours. Got to say im not really a big fan of the flavor but I would find it rather harsh to judge a pre for its flavor after all its just 300ml of water etc. It had that slightly spicy taste to it too so do have some cold water nearby. Possibly due to the capsimax ingredient (some thermogenic) in it. Compared to MusclePharm raspberry lemonade (old), I would say this one is slightly better, just a little more spicy.

Effectiveness – (5/10)
I really wanted this product to work, since I was under the illusion that ON makes some of the best supps on the market and their pre would be no different. Sadly, this let me down, big time. My endurance remained the same, with or without PP. Couldn't get any tingles from the BA even at two scoops. Strength increases were close to zero. Red bull gave me more energy than this pre to be honest. I also do have to add that the only pre I took before this was mp assault then stopped pres for a month to get this. Not a stimulant person and rarely drink coffee.

Value- (6/10)
At 30+ bucks for 30 scoops, this is one of the higher priced pres on the market. I wouldn't have mind paying the premium if it worked though. Most of the time, people would need more than 1 scoop to get the effects of this so it becomes more than a dollar a serve.

Overall – (5/10)
It might not have worked for me, though I really wanted it to. I tried using it on an empty stomach, full stomach, varied the amount of water to mix with this. Diet remained constant before and during taking this so I can guarantee diet and dosing isn't the issue. The thermo in the pre did make me sweat more during my workouts I must say too.

Overall, there are other similarly priced pres that are much more effective than this. But everyone is different, so that might explain why i didn't get the fantastic results that others had gotten from this product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Capsimax
  • No Creatine
  • No Increased Energy
  • Strength Increase Minimal
  • Some Jitters

• Meuth
    February 28, 2014

Sounds like an honest assessment.
  • locospider09
    February 28, 2014

I agree 100%. total bust for me

Hey SR! It has been a veerryyy long time since I typed out a review, but I feel that this supplement deserves a little credit.

I happen to be a unique individual when it comes to preworkouts. I find myself to be sensitive to supps that have too many stimulants or just a laundry list of ingredients, so I typically like my pre workouts to be quick and to the point. After finishing a run with Capsi-Blast, which was basically just hot peppers and caffeine (see my review here http://supplementreviews.com/promera-health/capsi-blast), I needed something with a better focus and energy profile. I have always been a fan of ON's consistent quality, so I wasn't too concerned with dropping the $$$ for this product.

INGREDIENTS: 9/10

Practically a full disclosure label, this PWO offers endurance and energy enhancement, along with N.O support and thermogenic qualities. What is great about the label is how easily it is to read. You know exactly how much caffeine, beta-alanine, and citruline you get with 1 – 2 scoops. The only complaint here is that if you are only in the mood for the 1 scoop serving, you miss out on a effective dose of beta-alanine.

Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Container 30

L-Citrulline 2 g
(as Micronized L-Citrulline PepForm Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate])
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1.6 g
DMAE Bitartrate 250 mg
PhytoBlend 250 mg
Beet Juice Powder Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(seeds)
MegaNatural Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera)(fruit) Citrus Bioflavonoids
Caffeine 200 mg
Capsimax Capsicum Extract 125 mg
(Capsicum annuum)(fruit)(standardized for capsaicinoids)

TASTE: 6/10

I had the fruit punch flavor, which was somewhat disappointing. It's like while they were making the product someone said "Hey! I read somewhere that peppers are fruits...........let's toss a sack full of them into the punch!" So yes, hot spicy fruit punch thanks to the capsi-max.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10

This PWO provided some of the cleanest focus and energy enhancement I have yet to experience. Even at 1 scoop, I was able to focus on my lifts and connect with the muscle groups I was training. Of all the ingredients, I attribute this to the caffeine/DMAE combo. The caffeine provided the energy, and the DMAE enhanced my focus along with the sensation that it was far easier to contract my muscles and produce force. I know this sounds like a gimmick, but it literally felt like every rep was the result of all my muscle fibers firing; especially during big lifts like front squats. I also sweated a ton during my lifts, probably due to the capsi-max.

I will say that the only drawback I experienced was during a cardio or HIIT day. My heart rate would be too high to handle these types of workouts, so I typically only took ½ scoop just to get me moving.

COST: 6/10

Most retail stores had this tub going for about $35. Not bad if you only need 1 scoop like me (30 servings), but if you aren't stimulant sensitive and need 400mg of caffeine before you workout, 2 scoops will only give you 15 servings! So, in short I was able to get my money's worth, but if you need a bigger stimulant kick for less money like most people, look elsewhere.

SIDE EFFECTS: N/A

Other than my inability to handle a high stimulant serving during a cardio/HIIT day, I never felt anything that would deter me filling my shaker cup. There was never a crash, and for the most part the energy would last well past my workout.

OVERALL: 9/10

The combination of an unambiguous nutrition label, effective ingredients, and the ability to provide the promised clean "energy and focus" earns this supp a 9 out of 10. I would recommend this product to those who need a PWO with the ability to dial in their energy levels before hitting the daily iron.
  • No Crash

• ron
    October 3, 2013

Great review!!!
    I will say that your value score of 6 seems a little low in comparison to how you really felt about it though.
  • cssrss
    October 3, 2013

Yeah, I debated about the pricing score. I figure that most people I meet are much more stim tolerant than myself, so I gave it score with others in mind...

Wish I would've had a good signal at the Arnold Classic because standing in line for almost hour at cellucor and other long lines, I could have written a review for this.

Ingredients- The ingredient profile for PRE are pretty basic and I prefer PWO's that just stick to the basic ingredients rather then adding in a bunch (MP assault).

L-Citrulline - 2g
CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine - 1.6g
DMAE Bitartrate - 250mg
PhytoBlend - 250mg
Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract...

L-Citrulline - 2g
CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine - 1.6g
DMAE Bitartrate - 250mg
PhytoBlend - 250mg
Caffeine - 200mg
Capsimaxâ„¢ Capsicum Extract (Capsicum Annuum)(Fruit)(Standardized For Capsaicinoids) - 125mg

I like my PWOs to have a good amount of beta alanine (a plus for carnosyn) and citrulline. From this website, one of the best products I've come to use was raw citrulline mixed with a PWO and it's now something I use with all my PWOs. I reckon the capsimax is the reason for the spiciness but it wasn't something that ruined it for me.

Dosing/Effectiveness- With PRE I rarely went over 1 scoop because like I've stated in other reviews, I mix beta alanine and citrulline with my PWOs. As always, I started out with using PRE by its self for about 2 weeks and it didn't disappoint. The fist week I dosed at just one scoop and the pumps pretty good if I kept lifting. After the first week I would try a scoop and quarter or a scoop and a half but never more then that. The effectiveness is a 9 because PRE always delivered a good pump and a good workout. The first week of taking PRE by itself I could actually feel the tingling from the carnosyn beta alanine, but after the second week they didn't come back until I added in my own beta alanine. I know some people will say dosing at only one scoop isn't at what levels beta alanine and citrulline were studied at, but like I said, I added in my own beta alanine and citrulline. PRE is the best pump PWO I have taken and really shines when I added in citrulline after week 2.

Value- PRE gets an 8 for value and the only reason I knocked it was because at one scoop per serving, its 96 cents and that might be a little high for some. I don't mind paying almost a dollar per serving if it's a PWO that works as well as PRE did. I got PRE at illpumpyouup.com 28.95$

Cons- The only cons that one could say about PRE is the price and the spiciness. Either one doesn't bug me as much but I wouldn't recommend biting down on the crystals unless you like the pepper feeling. Other people that dosed at 2 scoops would think price is more of a con since price per serving goes up to almost 2$, but I kept PRE at almost one scoop since I add in my own beta alanine and citrulline. I never had any superdumps250 with this product or GI issues.

Overall- PRE has everything I would want in a PWO maybe minus the spiciness. The spiciness wasn't too bad after I learned not to bite down on the crystals. I had the superfruit flavor which was different then a fruit punch but was still good and better then other fruit punch flavors. At a 9 PRE is my new favorite PWO over Jack3d Micro. While Jack3d Micro works good for me and is almost the same price (at illpumpyouup) I felt better on PRE. A plus for PRE is they use carnosyn beta alanine which i'm finding out seems to better then just regular beta alanine. I don't mind paying 96 cents a serving if it works really good and I will certainly be using PRE more then just once.

• Isplisgardt
    March 3, 2013

Those lines were bad, but I never had to wait in the ON line and I just told the cellucor
    Girl that I wanted to buy some bcaas and I got to just go up to the front do that and get my shirt. But it was awesome I got 50 servings of pre :) and also nice review
  • LeCajun
    March 3, 2013

Yeah a friend and I watched the main stage for quite awhile so we got screwed on some lines. The only booth we didn't hit was BBing and universal. The line for bbing went through 4 isles, crazy. Thanks though
  • workoutguru
    March 3, 2013

I tried a sample of this. I had the fruit punch and thought the tasted was a little two sweet and I did not like the little spicy crystals they put in this. Not sure what the point of them were but yuck I thought.

Optimum Nutrition's venture into the highly competitive (and lucrative) pwo world. Platinum Pre. Part of ON's Platinum line or in other words ON wants more $$$. I was initially so excited when I heard the announcement of Pre because if you check out my other reviews, it's obvious I am a huge ON fan. The first time I tried it was from a gym buddy who let me have a scoop from his container. I gave it a shot and had a killer workout with immense amounts of energy and focus. The only initial drawback was the taste (which I will most definitely cover later) So I was sold and figured I would pick up my own container, which I got for 30$ish at allstarhealth.com

EFFECTIVENESS: I like to jump into effectiveness first because that is why we take a certain supplement for after all. Will this pwo give you a ton of energy and focus? Plain and simple yes. It is one of the best pwo for energy and focus. But let's look into that further...

DOSING: One scoop of Pre has 200mg of caffeine, 1.6g of beta alanine and all that other energy boosting junk that other members have already covered. For one scoop I felt that the beta alanine was a little under dosed so 2 scoops was the sweet spot for me. Yeah, that's 400mg of caffeine which is a lot even if you are caffeine tolerant, but I never felt like it was over the top. HOWEVER therein lies Pre's greatest drawback. Most people will get the most out of Pre by using 2 scoops and there is 15 servings per container if dosed that way and If you are like me you've already in your head done the math and found that means that one serving of Pre runs a little over 2 bucks a shot! That's insanely pricey. They don't call it platinum for nothin I guess. Another interesting ingredient is the inclusion of capsimax which I will cover a little more in taste. One thing I loved about the ingredients was not including creatine. I like to take creatine separately so it's nice to have an effective pwo without creatine. Most pre workouts do have creatine and I think it's a cheap way of making the user think its the pwo giving them energy while hiding the fact that it's probably just the creatine mono and caffeine.

TASTE: I'm not sure what all flavors they offer at the moment but my container was raspberry lemonade. Sounds good right? WRONG! Holy crap, taking this before a workout was like swallowing a glass of badly dyed fire ants. That would be a better name for the flavor. I'm sure that raspberry lemonade does taste like this...in hell. I found out later this was probably due to the capsimax which (don't yell at me if this is not scientifically correct) has a slight thermo effect and helps with cardiovascular endurance, which I fully believe is true. I definitely felt a body temp rise because I would sweat more during lifting and I felt like I could get a fuller breath than normal. The capsimax is basically in tiny capsule form because ON new it would taste like Satan's breath so they tried to bypass your taste buds but the tiny capsules bust. A lot. Seriously, if you use the same water bottle for pwo and take it to the gym and there is ANY trace of Pre left, even a tiny tiny granule, you will feel the burning tongue sensation thanks to the capsimax. They gotta do something about that.

OVERALL: For 99% of lifters I just cannot recommend this mainly because at the cheapest, it will still be about 2 dollars a serving and that's just too much. But if you are lucky enough to be rich and want to push some serious weights, but unluckily born without taste buds this is probably the PWO for you!
  • Need A Bigger Tub
  • Awful Taste

Intro:
First of all let me apologize for my first two reviews. They weren't very helpful and for that I am sorry. Now to PRE. Great PWO hands down one of the most potent I've tried.

Profile:
Not a ton of caffeine but not a little either a decent amount that you feel but not so much that its all you feel. I definitely felt the beta-alanine and absolutely loved the Capsimax. It is a little spicy but man does it kick you in the pants. Now that bread winner of the list is beat juice powder. I don't know why this isn't in everything. Its great the pump is there and it is clean....
Intro:

Value:
While it is a bit more expensive than other PWO at around $43 I thinks its worth it. Some of the price may be because its ON but I believe you get what you pay for in ON's case. The ingredients are high quality and the results or kickin.

Taste:
I had the Rasberry Lemonade and the Superfruit both were delicious but you can expect a rather spicy after taste. Oh yeah and if the crystals at the bottom get between your teeth don't chew them or you will be in desperate need of some water stat!

Mixability:
Pretty good I use more water than recommended just because of the spicy flavor. I know call me a girl haha I just find it helps.

Overall:
Great PWO my favorite so far. I will definitely run this agian and again.

• Isplisgardt
    November 4, 2012

You have used two tubs already? And 2 scoops or 1?
    November 4, 2012

I bought both but I finished the Superfruit. It was my favorite. I'm still working on the Rasberry Lemonade. I took 2 scoops usually.
  • Daloof911
    November 4, 2012

They claim that the capsicum shouldn't be spicy because it's "capsulated" but I tried a sample of this stuff and it burned my mouth throughout my workout.
    November 4, 2012

Yeah it is pretty spicy. I drink about 12 ounces of water immediately after I take PRE and also try not to bite down on the crystals left at the bottom of the drink.
  • Razer
    November 4, 2012

How would you compare this to Cellucor c4 or Assault?
    November 5, 2012

As far as ingredient profile PRE brings some new things to the table. Capsimax, Beet juice powder, Grape seed extract. It also does not contain Creatine. As far as effectiveness I put this ahead of C4 and Assault. I ran C4 for a month and then took a week off and ran Assault for a month. I liked them both but I gained a tolerance to Assault fairly quickly. C4 worked pretty well and I didn't really have a tolerance till about the 3rd week. But neither of them come close to the intensity of PRE. I didn't assess a tolerance to PRE until well into my second bottle. Definitely run a bottle and tell me how you liked it.
  • Razer
    November 5, 2012

Thank you for your input, I will definitely try this next

SpartanKing7

This is my first review. I heard about this site while working in a supplement store. I've had about every pre-workout there is through samples, years of trying new ones, etc. and few actually get a good effect without a crash. Im a fighter and do not lift weights much, i stick to throwing human bodies around, striking, wrestling, circuits and gymnastic movements such as muscle ups. You're not gonna bench press a guy off of you in a fight. Here is my review:
-Ingredient Profile: 8/10
Protein <1g 1%*
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid, Acerola Extract) 100mg 167%
Sodium 60mg 3%
Potassium (As Potassium Chloride) 70mg 2%
L-Citrulline (As Micronized L-Citrulline, PepForm® Citrulline Peptides [L-Citrulline, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate]) 2g
CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine 1.6g
DMAE Bitartrate 250mg
PhytoBlend - Beet Juice Powder, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Seeds), MegaNatural® Red Wine Grape Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Fruit), Citrus Bioflavonoids 250mg
Caffeine 200mg

-Taste: 9/10
I tried a whole container of fruit punch and raspberry lemonade, and both were among the best I've ever tried, but the raspberry lemonade is probably the best of the 2. The only downfall is that the last sip always has the undissolved cayenne pepper that catches the tip of your tongue which may be a sensitive issue for some people.

-Effectiveness: 8/10
I'm prescribed to adderall and have a high stimulant tolerance so I always start out with 2 servings. 2 servings had a nice beta alanine tingle that mimics a cold sweat on the way to the gym. Gave me a nice pump, a 30-35 minute surge of energy, and an aggression towards my sets and reps that pushed me through most of my workouts even when I felt terrible on some days. There was a "mean mug" factor as well, where I would look angry between sets. Regardless of what people say, pre-workouts dont increase strength, your workout does, and this gives you the ability to get those good workouts in. Good stuff.

-Mixability: 9/10
About 10 shakes in a blender bottle did the trick, but there was always those specks of cayenne (capsimax) in the bottom. Every time.

-Value: 7/10
This stuff was expensive. You can catch it for pretty cheap (34.99) on bodybuilding.com but still, cost per serving is not cheap. But it is a reputable brand, effective, and high quality. If you have the extra money, it's not a bad deal.

-Overall: 8/10
This stuff was solid, and the only downfall is the price, in all honesty. That, and the sting of cayenne on the tongue. I would recommend this, but for the money there are technically products that will give you more bang for your buck, such as ProSupps "Hyde" or something with DMAA, even Jack3d. But everybody's got their preference, and that's why some people still listen to garbage like "Good Charolette". Later.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Could Help Plateaus
  • Beastmode

• CamSTL
    April 28, 2013

+rep for mean mugging.
    Lol, kidding. Nice 1st review
  • SpartanKing7
    April 28, 2013

Thanks man, and mean mugging is a must if you want to get psyched up to hit a PR haha.

Since the beginning of modern recorded history there has been an inconceivable lust for gold. However, what if I told you that there is a pre-workout that is worth it's weight not in gold, but, in platinum? (For those of you that don't know your precious metals, platinum is ridiculously more valuable.) With that being said, I am in love with ON's Platinum Pre.

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)
The more you all here on Supplementreviews.com become familiar with me, you'll notice a trend. I'm not someone who's picky about the taste or mix-ability of a product (I don't drink them slow enough to distinguish one.). Therefore, I thought that Platinum Pre tasted pretty darn good. I did have the fruit punch flavor.
Now I did notice a slight spiciness to it, which is most likely in part due to the capsaicin. I also noticed throughout my two tubs of chugging that it was also a tad bit bitter. I didn't really mind the bitterness and I fairly enjoyed the spiciness, since it gave me a little kick. However, it gets old after awhile.

Effectiveness (10/10)
All I can say is i'm getting amped just thinking about taking this before a workout. My workouts during my football offseason (I play NCAA D3) consisted of a 4 day split, with moderate cardio. Every single day this product delivered.
I'm not a huge caffeine drinker, which is probably why this had a great effect on me. Aside from a slight beta-alanine tingle. Platinum Pre got me so amped to lift that I would go into "Gears Of War" Berserker mode when I was working out with the team (especially on power clean day). Nonetheless, Platinum Pre gave me an extremely clean burst of energy. I was amped but not jittery. I also didn't notice any crash from the product.

Value (5/10)
As much as it pains me to give this product a con, it is the price. Since I am a new reviewer on the site I must inform all of you that I'm a college student. I do not have a very large budget when it comes to supplements. Although, Platinum Pre isn't that bad of a deal when used sparingly. Online I found it priced at about $30 USD. With the largest serving container consisting of 30 servings (lasted me roughly a month.). But the problem is, I like to use 2 scoops. Which makes it last about half a month. Again, not unreasonable. I have a college budget. It can always be better.

Overall (10/10)
Other then my darn budget holding me back here and there. I have nothing negative to say about this product. ON did a great job with Platinum Pre. I highly recommend it if you feel like going into a state of pure euphoria that only a "Hammer Of Dawn" can stop you. Hope this helped. Thanks for reading.
  • Need A Bigger Tub

IT's been a good couple years since I had something with a clean feeling. We all tried the best and worst supps. Highs and lows we all find that little container of powder we just have to hold on and remember. Is Platinum Pre on that list? I dare say yes.

I have had my eye on this for almost half a year since it made it's way onto the shelves. We all know Optimum is trusted in all their supps. Now hearing of a pre that has it's share of stims compared to their Amino drink? Curiosity always peaks at these times when it comes to Pre-workouts and this really met my expectations. Let's now begin with a firsthand experience buying, trying, and applying this product.

Price: I payed a solid 35 dollars for this at the Vitamin Shoppe. For 30 servings it feels a little like a rip but I am a quality over quantity man. So for a little extra cash you can be assured no gimmicks.

Ingredients: I'm still new with identifying every ingredient in the profile but L-Citruline, Beta Alanine and Caffeine are the main ingredients as well as a phyto blend for flavor and most importantly their is capsicum. That right there will make you ask "Is it gonna be spicy?" The profile looks clean well at least more clean than older products under FDA fire.

Taste/Mixability: I got the punch flavor. Ok the capsicum kinda kills it. It'll be a sweet/sour/spicy taste. Well here in the border we live off spices so it didn't bother me. Sadly though the first time I tried it there was a scratch in my throat that was a little cut and pouring that capsicum made my day all the more better. So flavor is like a 7/10 It's not a chore nor a pleasure.
Did it mix? Of course! Minus the capsicum crystals which can be easily stirred in before the last gulp.

Effects: Oh this is a good part. Within the first 15 minutes I could feel the Beta on my face. I welcome that tingle, gives me irritation which gets me a little mad for the weights. Then the caffeine runs smoothly in my warm up. The music is amplified and I begin to mentally prepare the workout. During the workout I feel a satisfying job being done. Sufficient pump plus a slow burning clean rush reminds me to appreciate the feeling of working out and keeping form. Chest and back day. Really amplified muscles and gave me a extra ten pounds to my max outs. I must say I can not stress the key word here: CLEAN. We end the day and as I am coming down to a cool down I have no angered jitters, no 1,3 feeling of a cracked out meat head. Slow dying rush and rising satisfaction washes over me in an awesome wave. OH! One more thing, I have a tendency to crush the capsicum in my mouth. Why? I read somewhere a long time ago spices like Capsicum give you a boost in the gym. I would bite the crystal and let the spice burn up my tongue sending me into a rage that I must say pays off with well controlled volumes of cold clean water.

Results: I have enjoyed the results of lasting in my cardio runs and lasting longer on my sets by adding more and more reps. A valued effect.

Overall: Let me give you another idea. My diet recently became fixed and clean. Simple clean diet like paleo, veggies, chicken and fruit mixed with multi-vitamins and fish oils as well as protein (Mainly from the foods I don't wanna rely on my powder too much)I weighed in at 180 now I weighed in at 184 plus a noticeable definition that got me considering cutting soon.

Too me this one hit it out the ball park. I would recommend it and buy it again. I feel like I got my moneys worth and say thank you to ON for actually sparking what I see as a new step towards putting honesty and integrity in their products. Thank you for your time and I hope you give this supp a shot.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good Focus
  • Spicy
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.