Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Optimum > Platinum Hydro Whey

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey

Platinum Hydro Whey Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (98 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 99% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)
Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3

Products in the same category:

GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Whey Reviews
Elite Whey (71 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Is it worth buying Platinum Hydro Whey over gold standard whey?
Considering platinum hydro is nearly double the price for half the protein...

Optimum 100% Whey vs Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey.
I am curently taking Optimum 100% Whey. I was worndering which is better for bui...

Optimum's NEW Protein (Platinum Hydro Whey)
Ok guys. Optimum is releasing a new protein in about 10 days at the Olympia.... ...

Jacked and Platinum Hydro Whey best supps for getting back into the gym?
Looking to get back into the gym just looking to put the muscle i lost back on a...

Pro Complex and Platinum Hydro Whey
My question is can you use Pro Complex for Pre-Workout and Platinum Hydro Whey f...

Platinum Hydro Whey and Aftershock Critical Mass
Someone told me to take the Platinum Hydro Whey in the morning and before bed as...

100% whey vs Platinum Hydro Whey vs nitro peak
I have experimented with all three of these products, but never committed to buy...

Pro Complex vs Platinum Hydro Whey
What are your guys' thoughts as to whether taking the new Hydro whey from O...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Platinum Hydro Whey is a hydrolyzed protein created by Optimum Nutrition. What is hydrolyzed protein you ask? This means that the protein has been micro-fractioned into smaller pieces to be more easily and rapidly absorbed by the body. This both increases the purity of the protein and makes it highly beneficial for the times that a fast digesting protein source is desirable such as upon waking or post workout.

It is currently one of the best hydrolyzed proteins and ranks among best overall proteins on the market.

Platinum Hydro Whey Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (87)
  • Great Recovery (76)
  • Smooth Texture (72)
  • Tastes Awesome (69)
  • Slightly Expensive (40)
  • Only Sold In 1lb 1.75lb And 3.5lb (23)
  • Too Expensive (21)
  • Way Too Expensive (17)
September 21, 2011

Age: 24

September 21, 2011
 This is a review I have looked forward to doing for awhile now. Platinum Hyrdowhey is one of the highest quality protein products on the market today. ON already has a great reputation here and abroad for making quality protein supplements, and this is one of the best they have.

How I took it: This was predominantly a post workout protein for me. I slowly Evolved how I used it, eventually to the point I am at now where I will mix in Dextrose, GlycoMaize, and Kre-Alk. There were times when I used this in the morning or between meals, but this is exclusively a post workout product for me now.

Profile(9/10): The profile on this product is one of the first things that grabs me about it. As the name implies, it’s sole protein source is hydrolyzed whey protein isolates. Which are the purest and fastest absorbing form of whey protein available on the market. On top of that, ON throws in 8 grams of micronized BCAAs, which help with protein synthesis in the body. Low in fat and carbs, this is ideal for someone on a cut, but can also pack a punch for someone on a bulk. The versatility of this seemingly simple formula makes it to where you can add other products to it at your whim. As started earlier, I mixed in post workout carbs as well as creatine to make my own custom post workout product. For those members who prefer this method, this product is the perfect base protein product to accomplish that.

Taste- I ended up trying all 4 flavors of Platinum Hydrowhey. I knew early on that this would be a product I would be using for a long time, so I wanted to see what flavor suited me best. I will rate the flavors in descending order by my preference:

Cookies and Cream OverDrive(9.5/10): This was my favorite flavor of Hydrowhey. Typically cookies and cream is my favorite flavor in any protein, and this protein was no exception. As far as cookies and cream flavors go this wasn’t my overall favorite, and is slightly bland compared to others like Syntha-6 and Muscle Milk, but still a joy for all cookies and cream fans like myself. This flavor also had the least amount of foam when shaken up and mixed easily.

Turbo Chocolate(9/10): A close second, this is one of the best chocolate flavored proteins I have ever had. It smells like Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix when you open the container and tastes equally as good. All chocolate fans should appreciate this flavor. This flavor also was not to bad as far as foaming up goes and also mixed well.

Velocity Vanilla(8/10): I’m typically not crazy for vanilla flavored proteins, but this one was not half bad. Not as bland tasting as many vanillas are, and no odd aftertaste that I’ve encountered with other products. This flavor did have an issue with foaming when shaken up, also kind of hard to distinguish with the white foam and white liquid. The mixability was good aside from the foam.

Supercharged Strawberry(6.5/10): This was the flavor I was most disappointed with. Usually I love strawberry flavored shakes/ice cream/proteins. This one, however did not meet up to my standards. To me, it tasted overly processed and fake, and even kind of chalky. Perhaps I got a bad batch of this flavor because it also foamed up horribly. I might find the courage to try another tub of this flavor, but I will probably opt for other flavors.

Effectiveness(10/10): I went through several stages of workout and dieting goals while on this product, whether it be a bulk, cut, or recomp. No matter what though, this product has been helpful and effective. While on a cut, this product helped assure that the only thing I lost was body fat, and not hard earned muscle mass. Once the cut was over and I eventually got back onto a lean bulk, this helped me in my goals to pack on muscle while not gaining excess fat. Bottom line is if you want a high quality post workout protein product no matter what your goal, this is a product you should take a look at.

Value(7/10): This is often a point of debate on this product. Some say it is worth the elevated price tag, while others say it way overpriced. I tend to take a middle ground on this. $58 for a 3.5 pound tub of protein ($1.45 a serving) is a very steep price tag, however I feel you also get what you pay for. A protein of this magnitude of quality will not come cheap, and obviously if you are on a strict budget this is not a good product to use. However, if you have the money to spend I recommend splurging and trying this product out.

Conclusion: Though this product is hard on the wallet, it is good on the body. Not many other protein products can hold a candle to this one as far as quality and effectiveness go. Aside from actual pre-made post workout formulas, this is the ideal post workout solution for anyone who can afford to expunge the money for it. I highly recommend this product, and I will definitely be using this again and again in the future.

Pros:
Cons:
  • High Quality Protein
markp

hulkish1

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 63
Reputation: +3046
yeah buddy!! their platinum line is amazing this and hydrobuilder. you can't go wrong if you got the money.

kris65
kris65

Joined: 4/2011
Reviews: 35
Reputation: +2376
Great review +

Reputation: +1044
Thanks guys!

@hulk: Yea, once I cycle back on creatine I'm going to be on Hydrobuilder, can't wait!

NoCielings
NoCielings

Reviews: 10
Reputation: +134
ahhh i love hydrowhey. Excellent review.

Reply #6:

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 46
Reputation: +2497
Awesome review Shinndigg, did you find that your recovery was quite a bit better with this as opposed ordinary Whey Isolate?

Reply #7:

Reputation: +1044
Thanks Stocks! To answer your question, I honestly believe I did feel a difference. I used a cheap isolate in between tubs of Hyrdowhey, and I could tell the difference both in recovery and effectiveness. I'm not sure how much was placebo effect v.s. science, but definitely a substantial difference in my view.

Reply #8:

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 46
Reputation: +2497
That's good to know, I've tried a few samples and got good results from them, but never tried a whole tub, might have to give it a try

Reply #9:
santoshk
santoshk

Joined: 11/2012
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
great review! i have been using this product for quite sometime and have seen great results.. i prefer this product for morning 1st shake since it has a hydrolyzed form of whey which gets absorbed in body easily... i take this protein with plain water so taste-wise, i love strawberry flavour much much better than cookies or chocolates...

Reply #10:
cssrss
cssrss

Joined: 2/2013
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +114
Thorough and concise! I plan on using this in light of Hydro-Builder; I bloat with Creatine Mono.

May 6, 2011

Tsunami2k

Reviews: 50

Age: 23

May 6, 2011
 Well I love all of Optimum's products to be honest. I noticed some people don't like them, but I trust them as a solid, honest company.
I'm on my second bottle so far. The first flavor I had was strawberry, now I'm using cookies and cream.
Taste - The strawberry was awesome, but one thing I noticed was that I would shake the hell out of my shakerbottle and it would produce a lot of frothy foam. The cookies and cream was delicious, but it didn't have the frothy foam issue, so I'm stickin to that flavor from now one.
Mixibility - AWESOME. I was using Met-Rx before and that stuff wasn't the best when it came to mixibility, but the hydro-whey is perfectly fine.
Value - Well of course this stuff is expensive. A lot of people argue it just isn't worth it compared to all the other cheaper products out there. Personally, I'm not too strapped for cash, so It doesn't bother me. Since I know I'm getting a serious quality product, I think the price isn't too bad... but still, it could be cheaper!
Performance - The reason why I love this product is because it is really low on calories, contains a healthy amount of BCAA's, and provides a decent amount of protein. I take it 1.5 hours before my workout, and then 20-30 minutes post-workout. I have noticed that my muscles 'heal' faster, and I'm not as sore the next day. I've used other proteins in the past, and they all basically do the same thing, but I notice more with hydro-whey.

Overall - I really enjoy this product because of the low-calories, great taste, easy mixibility, but yeah, its pricey as heck. So if money isn't a serious issue for you, then by all means, GO FOR IT!!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Tastes Awesome
  • Smooth Texture
  • Slightly Expensive
June 7, 2010

birdman2211

Age: 31

June 7, 2010
 I can't say enough good things about this protein. It's the fastest digesting protein on the planet making it a great choice for post-workout. Hydro-whey is loaded with 8.8g of BCAA's, 30g of hydrolyzed whey protein and 2 net carbs per serving. This is an absolute must for ckd dieters, cutting or even a lean bulk. Because this protein is such high quality I did not get any gas or bloating feeling while taking this.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Being the fastest digesting protein available it definitely helped with recovery, helped maitain and build new lean muscle mass while cutting.

-Taste 10/10: I thought the turbo chocolate tasted absolutely amazing comapaired to other whey proteins that I have tried in the past.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixed with a shaker cup for about 10 seconds it mixes very smooth with no clumps....perfect mix.

-Value 7/10: This the only down fall that I can think of with this protein. 3.5 lbs is going to run you over $50 bucks anywhere you look.

Bottom line is if you can afford hydro-whey then get it. You will not be disappointed. In my opinion its the best and most effective whey protein money can buy.
Manimal
Manimal

Joined: 11/2009
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +3478
What a p!ss poor review! hahaha jk bro. Legit and Rep'd

MMAFreak
MMAFreak

Joined: 3/2010
Reviews: 40
Reputation: +1729
Nice review, I'm thinking of taking a second mortgage and getting some more of this. LOL!

awestruck40
awestruck40

Reviews: 3
Reputation: +5
thanks bro was looking to switch proteins good review

nikethv
nikethv

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
hey i would like to know the best supplement for lean mass between these 3:
gold standard , hydro whey and pro complex... where can i buy it for cheap in Seattle and where is the best place for good offers??
please recommend!

SwollStatus
SwollStatus

Joined: 3/2011
Reputation: +23
I know this is an old review...This is considered a fast protein as opposed to a slow like casein?? Correct???

February 24, 2010

Age: 19

February 24, 2010
 Hydrolyzed whey Protein is the fastest absorbing Protein available, and naturally, Optimum Nutrition has delivered a top notch product with Platinum Hydro Whey.
-Taste: This took me completely by surprise. I figured Optimum would do a good job with flavoring like they always do, but the hydrolyzed Proteins have a very hard to mask characteristic that often leads to a odd tasting Protein. This wasn't the case though.
**Velocity Vanilla 9.3/10: I'm not a fan of vanilla Proteins usually, so I was especially surprised with the flavor here. The bitterness of the hydrolyzed whey played well into the flavor overall. I will go as far as saying that this is the best vanilla Protein I've tried.
**Turbo Chocolate 9.5/10: The chocolate has a little bit of a bitter taste but not too much and is lighter on the flavor. The taste reminded me of classic Optimum chocolate flavor and it really grew on me. It's not the best in a market flooded with chocolate flavored Proteins, but it is still enjoyable to drink.
**Supercharged Strawberry 9.8/10: All I can say is wow. This by far is my favorite flavor of Hydro Whey and is top 3 of all Proteins I've tried. There's just something about the sweetness that appeals to me, even with water. I strongly suggest that if you are interested in trying Hydro Whey, you give this flavor a go.
-Mixability: 10/10 -- I can always depend on Optimum to deliver a mixable product, and they deliver once again. I was very impressed here as it mixed effortlessly in 5-7 shakes with no clumping in a shaker bottle. The product stayed mixed with uniform consistency, however, if you overshake it, you may have a little extra foam. I experimented with the flavor by adjusting more or less water and found a happy medium of 10oz of water per scoop.
-Ingredients: 9/10 -- Optimum makes some of the most tried and True Proteins in the industry and the only reason I'm not giving this a 10/10 is that there is no information currently available explaining the percents of hydrolysis and di- and tri- peptides. This has been a topic of discussion, but I feel the main point is that with 30g of Protein, 1g of fat, 2g of carbs and no sugar, ON is producing a high quality product like they always do and its up to the consumer to make their mind up on if they are going to purchase it or not. I personally think that this follows ON's tradition of keeping their Proteins simple, pure and exactly what is needed.
-Price 9.1/10: This was a tricky area for me. The price can make you wince, but you also have to remember that you are paying for quality here. I would like to see it a little cheaper, but I feel that the price is worth it for a quality product like this.
-Overall 9.6/10: ON has a great product here once again. The only turn off I could see is the price. A huge plus is that the flavoring is downright amazing and will allow more users to enjoy hydrolyzed whey Protein and not be turned off by its traditional bitterness. It mixes well, it tastes good and its from one of the most reliable companies in the industry, Optimum Nutrition. Excellent job here.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Awesome Ingredient Profile
wrestler171
wrestler171

Joined: 4/2010
Reputation: +3
have you taken the other optimum proteins before and if so which one is the best?

Reputation: +3992
I've taken Gold Standard Whey, Gold Standard Casein, Pro Complex, and 2:1:1 Recovery.

What's best will depend on what your goals are. Ideally, for 'best', you will want to stack your proteins. My personal preference is Pro Complex as my core protein, 2:1:1 Recovery post workout, and the Casein before bed.

Reputation: +17
petey. i have read a bunch of your reviews and find them very helpful. i was wondering if you could help me out. i love Optimum for my protein. I take protein once in the morning, once post workout, and once before bed. i take gold standard in the am, and post workout, and casein before bed. I am going to switch to the 2:1:1 protein for post workout, but what protein should i take in the morning? you are a big fan of the pro complex but was wondering which proteins should i go with especially for the morning (pro complex? hydro? gold standard?) and when would i take the hydro weigh for best results if i go with that one?

Reputation: +3992
Hey bro, for morning, your best bet would be either Pro Complex or Gold Standard Whey. As for post workout, either 2:1:1 Recovery or if you are more oriented towards a cut and are dropping down the carbs, then the Hydro Whey would be a more suitable choice.

Reputation: +17
thanks man. i think im gonna do the gold standard in the morning and then the hydro post workout. really appreciate your help. ive also been stacking my protein with bcaa 5000 and cgt10 by ON. should i continue that or u think their protein blend is fine without it?

Reply #6:

Reputation: +3992
Yes, that is fine. Stacking a creatine and BCAA product will do just fine in any stack. I personally like to supplement BCAAs intra-workout.

Reply #7:

Reputation: +17
yea i take size on for my intra workout supplement. i usally take my creatine and bcaa before and post workout.

Reply #8:
kubitzky10
kubitzky10

Joined: 4/2010
Reviews: 29
Reputation: +567
Honestly, if money isn't an issue would I be better off taking this or would just the 100% whey, pro complex, or myofusion do me just fine?

Reply #9:

Reputation: +3992
If money isn't an issue, then stack them. Pro Complex as your between meal protein, Hydro Whey as your post workout protein, and casein as your pre-bed.

Otherwise, the Pro Complex or Gold Standard whey will work fine.

January 7, 2010

joeflah13

Reviews: 52

January 7, 2010
 If it didn't before, Optimum now fully has the postworkout recovery corner completely covered. This supplement is a hydrolyzed whey isolate, meaning that it is highly purified and the most rapidly absorbed protein available today. Considering the purification process it has to go through, the Chocolate taste is actually pretty good. It tastes like a richer version of the Chocolate ON 100% Whey with a slight hint of cookies and cream (it seems like that to me, for some reason). As for the ingredient and nutritional profile, it can't be beat. 30 g hydrolyzed whey, 8.8 g BCAA, 5 g of glutamine and "precursors", and a wide array of conditionally, essential, and nonessential amino acids. Not to mention it is very low carb and has only 120 calories per servings. This is a fantastic recovery product to take while cutting (postworkout by itself as a low carb/calorie and high protein shake), while recomping (hat low fat as well and provides more than adequate amounts of protein), and for bulking (can be stacked with waxy maize or carb powder and other goodies for a do-it-yourself weight gainer). The absorption is great, absolutely no digestion problems to report. The recovery from this product is the greatest I've ever experienced from protein. I take 1 scoop with some Kre Alaklyn upon completing my workout and I feel like I can work the same muscle group THE NEXT DAY! It's down right crazy. We all know that greater recovery leads to coming back stronger and better for your next war with the weights, leading to greater output, which Ultimately leads to greater muscle mass. The single downfall of this product is the price. $60 for 40 servings?!? Come on, Optimum! This is so expensive that I only use it 4 days a week on weight training days. I have to find an alternate postworkout protein source on cardio and ab days, but the recovery I get from this on weight training days almost makes up for that. Overall, if you have the coin, this makes possibly THE end all be all postworkout product. It covers everything you need postworkout and it can be a very versatile part of your arsenal no matter what your goal is. Props to Optimum once again, just LOWER THE PRICE!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Lots Of Bcaas
  • Way Too Expensive
  • Did I Mention Expensive?

Kari8733

April 24, 2013
 I have just finished this protein and have to say this was one of best protein I have ever gotten. It comes with 30 grams of fast acting protein that goes right to work after your workout, also it has 5 grams of creatine witch is just about the amount you want to be taking ever day. I was at about 165 pounds and I decided to start to take this protein to start my cutting phase and I am now at 155 pounds and got the six pack back, so I would say this protein is really good for cutting but not for bulking and if you are going to use it for bulking just do two scoops instead of one. To end this review I would say I would get this again but the product is very pricy, but overall very good product.

RajSuper

Age: 36

April 24, 2013
 Hi all, my first review :-) in fact, of any product. I started working out about two years back. Was not using any proteins for almost 6-7 months and my trainer recommended ANY protein shake after work out. I chose Platinum Hydro whey as guy in the shop said this is the best. I have to say he was spot on and have been using this since then.

Currently my routine is two days moderate weight training, one day cardio and one day Cross fit. I am not a body builder and I don't use any other supplements.

I was initially skeptical of using this product as it had too many ingredients which I did not understand at all and still don't. So this is going to be a layman's review. I take this product post work out and only on gym days.

1. I have not put on any muscles by using this product but this helps a lot in recovery as I noticed that the days I did not take this product I felt more tired/ fatigued than days when I did take it.

2. I have tried all flavors except chocolate peanut butter. Vanilla is least favorite but turbo chocolate is amazing. I have ordered choc peanut now and cant wait for this. Mixing is very easy and the texture is great

3. My body fat was high (25.5% PBF, weight 81kgs) before I started using platinum hydro whey and pre gym days. I lost nearly 7 kgs of fat in the last 1 year and don't feel fatigued or tired at all. I would like to give 30% of the credit to platinum hydro whey (and 70% due to gym work). I am not sure if all protein product have this effect but this one works for sure. I know I have still some way to go.

4. I am intolerant to milk, cheese or dairy products. This product is perfect for me. Though label tells that it might have traces of milk, it had no effect on me. I don't feel bloated.

5. I wish this product was cheaper than what it is. But I am now spoilt since I have started using this product. I tried to switch and tried ISO pure dutch choc low carb which was discounted. Taste of ISO was terrible and very grainy texture but recovery was same as platinum. I am open to trying to new ones if some one recommends a cheaper but tasty and effective alternative. Pls recommend before i go bankrupt.

6. This product does not smell during drinking. However the smell does stay in the bottle even when u wash with boiling water. I don't care anymore.

7. For first time users of protein powders - this one does not have any unwanted side effects even after continued usage for a prolonged period. The reason I say this is because I was worried a lot about side effects when I started.

Overall very happy with this product and little sad that there doesn't seem to be a equally good alternative as I am starting to get bored with this product.

• Smell Stays In The Cup/bottle
April 12, 2013

Tyrion

Age: 0

April 12, 2013
 One of my friend recommended me to buy On Hydro Whey which is 100% hydrolyzed whey
protein isolates. I have used other pre and post workout products before but none of them can compare to this product. Reasons because Hydro Whey gives you 30g of ultra pure protein per servings, has high BCCA profile, no lactose, Cholesterol or Sugar. The protein digestion occurs at a faster rate and I did not get any bloating while taking the product.

Taste:

I got Choc flavor which tasted amazing. I notice after several shakes, it produce a lot of froth foam.

Mixability

I mix 1 scoop of Platinum Hydro whey with 340grams of water into a shaker bottle and shake for about 20 seconds until the product dissolved.

Overall:

Awesome product that has a great taste, high profile of BCCA and easy to mix. Quick to digestion once taken and you feel the body absorbing the contents at a faster rate. Another advantage that I found that Hydro Whey heal my muscle at a faster rate resulting no soreness muscle in the following day. I would recommend to anyone.

Would I use it again?

• Nice Texture
  • Too Much Foam
February 22, 2013

iJack3d

Age: 24

February 22, 2013
 First review. Used so many supps i could write 100 reviews (sarcasm) but i feel lik this product needs my review.

Great reviews as it is, however i want to chime in.

Profile- Well typical profile, no sugar. Nosugar allows you to keep your GH levels at the highest after your workouts. And as you should know, your GH levels are highest around 25 mins after your workout. and just to add, sugar cuts off your GH levels if you didnt know.

Taste- had chocolate and it was amazing. ON protein is the absolute best in every aspect and Hydro Whey is no exception.

Effectiveness- This product shines. All there is to say. Great protein after workout and is light on the stomach. Id also like to state Hydro Whey keeps you really lean.

Overall- I just wanted to reiterate why Hydrolyzed protein is the best and everyone should use it post workout. Keeping your GH levels high are key to growing. This stuff tastes amazing and is light on the stomach providing for very good and fast absorbtion.

I will never, never steer away from Hydrolyzed proteins. And to have ON produce such a protein? Done deal.

Got to mention its rather expensive, aroun 25-35 $ for a 30 serv tub depending on where you look. Yay for first revieww !

Pros:
Cons:
  • Amazing
December 4, 2012

VANatural

Reviews: 6

December 4, 2012
 Well, here is my first review. A brief introduction; I am a senior in high school, preparing for my first ever show on April 2013. I've always used SupplementReviews, but never made an account, so here it goes. Now, the review.

Over the summer, I went through 3 of the half-tubs of this, all in different flavors. The effectiveness of this product shocked me and got me to review it. I've taken ON's 100% Whey on many occasions, as well as their Serious Mass, and Micronized Creatine Powder, which I took while taking Hydro Whey. My diet and exercise were pretty amped up during my run with this, as I had the ability to eat tons of food and train at a nice gym. I picked up the 3 half tubs of this at GNC before I left to stay at a college for 5 weeks, which was where I used it.

Price 7/10
The price is pretty high and I'd argue it's not worth that much, but I've found some sites that sell it pretty cheap.

Taste 6/10
Okay, so the cookies and cream is pretty bad in my opinion and I usually love that flavor (especially with GNC's Amplified Mass. It left an awful smell in my blender bottle that wouldn't go away when I washed it. The vanilla was probably the best out of the three (the other being chocolate) but it was by no means great. I'm using the chocolate flavor again now, and now that I'm using waxy maize as well, I can say the chocolate flavor has an awful contrast to it (some other products, for example, Universal Ultra Whey Pro, tasted nice with it).

Effectiveness 9/10
This is an extremely effective post-workout protein. It's hydrolized as most of you know, so it's triple filtrated and there are free peptides in it, so it makes for very fast absorption. I felt a huge increase in strength and recovery with this. I wouldn't attribute that at all to ON's Micronized Creatine Powder, because I stopped using it for a while and eventually cut it out altogether because it wasn't working for me. I respond much better to pump products (like Animal Pump) than creatine monohydrate products alone. But, seriously, I went up in strength like crazy, though I'd attribute some of that to the Animal Pump I started using about halfway through my 5 week stay.

Mixability 8/10
It mixes really well with water (I never tried it with milk or juice) and leaves no clumps. It's pretty average though, nothing to rave about. Keep in mind, I didn't use the full two scoops, I used about 1 and 2/3 because I don't believe my body would digest all 60g of fast-absorbing protein, nor does it need it. but a little under 50g worked well.

Side Effects 0/10
It's whey protein.

I gained about 30 lbs on a pretty lengthy dirty bulk and Hydro Whey was my post workout for the majority of it. I absolutely love it. I would reccomend this product to anyone looking specifically for a post workout protein. It's especially beneficial when on a cut, like I am now, because of the high amounts of protein you need to maintain hard-earned muscle, but it also works well on a bulk, like I was over the summer. Overall, it's an amazing product and I hope this review helped!

• Way Too Expensive
  • Did I Mention Expensive?
  • Smell Stays In The Cup/bottle

Have you used Platinum Hydro Whey? Submit your own Review!

Tags: Platinum Hydrowhey, Optimum Nutrition Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate