Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Recovery > Optimum > Platinum Hydro Builder

Optimum Platinum Hydro Builder

Platinum Hydro Builder Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (25 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude Reviews
Green MAGnitude (54 Reviews)
CTD Labs Noxipro Chrome Reviews
Noxipro Chrome (5 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

MHP Dark Matter Reviews
Dark Matter (109 Reviews)
Myogenix AfterShock Recovery Reviews
AfterShock Recovery (52 Reviews)
8.9
BioRhythm AfterGlow Reviews
AfterGlow (39 Reviews)
Optimum 2:1:1 Recovery Reviews
2:1:1 Recovery (26 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Besides Platinum Hydro Builder what other supplements should I be taking
Hi, I´ve been training in the gym for years but as I´m getting older (36) I want...

wanna compare between 100% gold standard whey and Platinum Hydro Builder
Hi, I have read the reviews of both 100% gold standard whey and platinum hydro...

Usage of Platinum Hydro Builder supplement
Hi, I have been using platinum hydro builder since 6 months and its a great pro...

ON Platinum Hydro Builder. What could I replace this with.
Hey everyone. I just got a sample jug of ON Platinum Hydro builder. The sample c...

fast, medium, slow? ON Platinum Hydro Builder.
this protein blend includes hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, hydrolyzed egg and ...

Optimum Platinum Hydro Builder + AmiN.O or Glutamine
Seems like a pretty good deal to me. When you buy the 40 serving hydro builder, ...

Platinum Hydro Builder Price Change?
If Im not mistaken, Optimum's Hydro Builder's price dropped, heres the...

Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Builder: NEW Product
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Builder: Got an email announcing a new product ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Platinum Hydro Builder is Optimum Nutrition's latest answer to post workout supplementation. It contains a high quality blend of protein designed to optimize protein synthesis, digestive enzymes to maximize absorption, and CreaPure which is the highest quality creatine monohydrate available.

Platinum Hydro Builder Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Platinum Hydro Builder Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (22)
  • Helps Recovery Time (18)
  • Great Nutritional Breakdown (16)
  • Good Taste (12)
  • Too Expensive (14)
  • Not Enough Servings (9)
  • A Bit Pricey ($58.99 Gnc On Sale) (5)
  • Weird After Taste (4)
October 31, 2012

Reviews: 61

Age: 25

October 31, 2012
 I have long been a fan of Optimum Nutrition and their products. I may even be a little bit of a self admitted "homer" for them. But in my opinion they make some of the best protein products available on the market today. So of course when Hydrobuilder came out, I was definitely in line to try it out. Hydrobuilder is a spin off of ON's Platinum Hydrowhey, which was a very effective product for me.

Dosage: One scoop post workout with a carbohydrate supplement such as Karbolyn or Waxy Maize/Dextrose combo.

Ingredient Profile(9/10): Hydrobuilder is a comprehensive post workout protein and recovery product. It starts with the protein profile, 30 grams of protein from 4 varying sources: hyrdolyzed whey protein isolate, micellar casein, whey protein concentrate, and hydrolyzed egg albumen. The more I read on hydrolyzed protein the more on the fence I become about whether or not it's an effective muscle building protein source. There is no doubt it is absorbed into the body a lot quicker then any other protein source and I can attest personally to it's recovery aid properties from my use of Platinum Hydrowhey. So while I may not be sold 100% on the hydrolyzed protein in Hydrobuilder, no doubt when combined with micellar casein it makes for a good blend of time released protein. On top of the premium protein blend each scoop contains 5 grams of Creapure, the purest and best form of creatine monohydrate available. Each scoop also contains 2.5 grams of Betapower betaine, a natural nutrient derived from the molasses of sugar beets that has athletic perfomance enhancing capabilities to increase power, energy, and strength. Throw in a 2 gram micronized amino acid blend and a 200 mg enzyme complex to enhance absorption and you have a great, quality profile on your hands here for this product.

Taste/Mixability(7.5/10): I tried both the Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Shake flavors of Hydrobuilder, neither of which jumped out to me as being particualrly good in taste as both of them were rather bland in my opinion, which is a surprise to me since ON is usually on point with their protein flavors. Mixability was adequate and I didn't really have a problem with the product fully absorbing in water or having it clump while mixing. There was a lot of foam as there was with the Platinum Hydrowhey, something that evidently comes with the territory of hydrolyzed proteins.­

Effectiveness(8/10): For the expectations I had of Hydrobuilder going into using the product, the results came out as medicore to average in my eyes. I didn't really notice a vast improvement in recovery, strength, or gains versus using a regular old isolate or protein blend post workout. Which kind of leaves me scratching my head given the superior ingredients that are in this product. I ran two of the large 40 serving containers of this and both times left a lot to be desired in terms of results versus price and given the quality of the profile. It still "did what it was suppose to" for me, but I am thinking I may have set the bar a little to high in my mind given my love of ON products.

Value(7/10): A tub of Hydrobuilder will definitely run you a pretty penny. You're looking at about 55 bucks for a 40 serving container(about $1.38/serving) or 30 bucks for a 20 serving container($1.50/serving). There is no doubt that you are getting the highest of quality ingredients for your dollar, but for the lackluster results they performed for me, I feel like this product is a bit of a money pit.

Overall(7/10): While Hydrobuilder didn't live up to my own lofty expectations, I still beleive it can be an effective product for people. There is no denying that there are great ingredients in this product and that it comes from one of the best companies in the business. It doesn't take an expert to realize sometimes certain products don't work as well for some as others, and all things considered for this product I am walking away from it feeling very underwhelmed. I know for a lot of other members this product worked well for them, but for me this was nothing more then an average product. So Hydrobuilder gets the sideways thumb from me, and I will be sticking with ON's 2:1:1 Recovery as my go to post workout supplement.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Excellent/superior Profile
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Aids In Recovery
  • Average Taste
  • Didn't Live Up To Hype
lava135
lava135

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 81
Reputation: +3569
Really excellent review - thanks.

NoCielings
NoCielings

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 10
Reputation: +134
In my opinion, this is simply the best post-workout protein you can possibly buy with money.

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
I know a lot of people love this stuff, and I'm about as big a fan of ON as they come, but 2:1:1 was a far superior post workout in my opinion.

NHLDucksFan
NHLDucksFan

Joined: 2/2013
Reputation: +1
First off, excellent review. Ive been using the 100 % whey but I saw this stuff at vitamin shoppe and was wondering about maybe starting to take it. Maybe if this doesn't live up to the expectations like you said, I might have give that 2:1:1 a try.

Since this has 5G of creatine, do you think that adding 5G of the ON creatine to the 100% whey would be better than the Hydrobuilder?

Also, nice to see a Reno guy as an expert reviewer. You sure do know what you are doing.

September 20, 2011

Reviews: 63

Age: 27

September 20, 2011
 This review is a bit overdue!! Today we will review Optimum Hydrobuilder. This is a unique whey isolate that contains 5G German Creapure. And some othe added amenities that most whey proteins do not offer. I love my proteins and use them regularly for certain things. Nothing will ever replace whole foods but these little shakes can fill in when on the go. Hydrobuilder is slightly different then most every protein I have ever used from content to taste and it has a specific use unlike other blends and whey’s.

---------------------TASTE&MIXING 9/10------------------------------------------

The flavor of hydrobuilder I ran was chocolate and I have to say mixed with my concoction of 60%skim and 40% water it was thick but very drinkable and the taste was kind of like a diet ice cream with an after taste that lingered a little longer then it should. I gave this a high score because it was very good but not the best I have ever had.

Hydrobuilder mixed close to perfect every time even with the Amino content. It never really over foamed up and I never had chunks protein like cheaper proteins I have used. I mixed it three ways to judge mixing of product. 1st just water very smooth and still had a good taste but the after taste was very strong this way. 2nd just skim milk. This made the hydrobuilder very thick but enjoyable. I like this after a hard workout it was like a treat after you finish kicking the poo out of yourself. 3rd 60-40 split. This was very effective for me and my goals. It made the taste perfect not too sweet and the after taste was minimal.

------------------- EFFECTIVNESS 9.5/10-------------------------------

By far the most superior Whey isolate I have ever used post work out hands down. I noticed at the end of the 4.49lb tub my strength was up my recovery was better and it was noticeable. I gave this such a high mark because it did as it said and worked every time I used it. I can’t argue with that. Everyone that uses this product will immediately notice a recovery increase. Being able to recover while on a calorie deficient diet for a cut is key since your body is not taking in as much food and this is how I noticed my recovery. I split my last cut 5weeks on MyoFusion( my favorite blend protein) 100% gold whey and 5 weeks on Hydrobuilder and and Dymatize XT and I noticed almost instantly that this combo was the best hands down for my recovery needs.

------------------------CONTENT 10/10---------------------------------------

This is where hydrobuilder gets all its bang for the buck. This whey isolate has 30g protein while boasting 5G Creapure and 13.5G essential amino acids. It also contains hydrolyzed egg and miceller casein as well making it a three step release of proteins. You get all this and remain under 200calories is unbelievable. Here is a quick breakdown of all the content Hydrobuilder contains.
Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Sodium 350mg 15
Micronized Creapure Creatine Monohydrate 5g
BetaPower Natural Betaine 2.5g
Micronized Amino Acid Matrix 2g
-Micronized BCAAs (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine)
-Micronized L-glutamine
-Micronized L-arginine
-Micronized Taurine
-L-alanine
-L-carnitine tartrate
-Micronized L-citrulline
Enzyme Complex 200mg
-Beet root fiber, amylase, protease, cellulase, lactase, lipase

Can you buy a more Complete Protein?

---------------------------- VALUE 7.5/10---------------------------------------------------

This is where Hydrobuilder will get killed since the price is crazy out of control but worth it for what you receive from the product IMO. Coming in at a staggering 54.00 for the 4.49lb tub and 30.00 for the 2lb tub this is a steep price for a lot of people. Also the scooper is bigger then an average size scooper meaning you can go through this product fast. I still think the value should be a higher number since price does not mean value to me, results per price equals value to me and this product simply out performed others for me.

Overall I have to say that this is a solid product that will perform every time and leave you feeling stronger with less muscle soreness. If the price scares you try the 2lb tub first and realize for yourself that this is an amazing product.

-k-

• Great Aa Profile
kubitzky10
kubitzky10

Reviews: 29
Reputation: +567
Awesome review, I can't wait to give this a go.

How'd you dose it on off days. Did you take it in the morning or did you not take it on off days?

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 63
Reputation: +3044
because the abnormal scoop size i didn't take it on my off days. i used xt in the a.m and before bed with a whey crisp bar as a meal replacement.
try to prolong the tub for as long as you can the post work out soreness was next to nothing and i hit it for 2hr sessions on the normal day.

Reviews: 54
Reputation: +981
well written review sir.

dimetime
dimetime

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: -2
This is odd, but I just brought hydro builder to run with my myofusion and dymotize xt! Are you sure you haven't broken into my house and copied my stack!?? Haha!
Hope this hydro is good. Cost me $110aus, that's $110 for all you yanks wondering!

Reply #5:
kiarmu
kiarmu

Joined: 8/2012
Reputation: 0
I just bought be my 2nd tub for this supplement, It really good for 3 weeks usage, recovery is very effective. There a bit after taste but it works very effective for me. nice review.

Reply #6:
tb1570
tb1570

Joined: 9/2012
Reputation: +2
Nice review, no need to write my own now!

Just wanted to say that I agreed with most of the previous reviews that though this product is a little expensive, it is pretty much worth it in the end. If you bought a regular whey protein but then stacked it with creatine and aminos, etc., you wouldn't be much off the price for Hydro Builder. And it's much more convenient.

Last, I ran the vanilla flavor and really liked it-- didn't notice any real after taste at all.

I'll be buying more in the future.

Reply #7:

June 10, 2011

Reviews: 38

Age: 21

June 10, 2011
 Ah, yes, I'm sure that this has been a review that many have been curious about. Platinum Hydrobuilder is the latest developement from Optimum Nutrition using a combination of tried and true ingredients as well as a few goodies that are unique to this product.

I would also like to thank the outstanding customre relations at Optimum for sponsoring my post workout recovery with 2 tubs of this as well as allowing many of our members the chance to give this product a try as well. (Don't worry for all of those reading, this is an unbiased review as always, regardless of Optimum providing the product.)

-Mixability/Texture: 9.1/10
This is one of the most subjective areas for rating this particular product. I found it interesting that when mixing with the recommended amount of water, it came out a little thick and when adding a little more water, it would quickly become almost too runny so that's an experiment in itself. No complaints about the mixing as it mixes completely with no clumping and minimal foam. The texture can take a little adjusting as well due to the thickness, but you'll find it very familiar if you've used casein before.

-Taste: 9.2/10
Taste wise, I enjoyed both the Chocolate and the Vanilla with both flavors growing on me the longer I used the product. Be warned, one aspect that I experienced as well as many others from the reviews I've seen, is that there is a particular part of the aftertaste that I just never got used to. This isn't a big deal considering that amount of ingredients in this and that hydrosylates and Creatine Powder are hard flavors to mask, so that considered, the flavoring is impressive.

-Ingredient Profile: 9.9/10
This is the most impressive aspect of Hydrobuilder. The protein source utilized is the 'CreaPep' system, consisting of hydrolyzed whey isolate, casien, hydrolyzed whey, and hydrolyzed egg creating a time released matrix for protein digestion, going along with the recent research suggesting protein sources of various rates are best for post workout. Add in digestive enzymes, 5 grams Creapure which is one of the best creatines on the market, a good dose of aminos and even throw in betaine, you simply can't go wrong. They cut no corners here, producing another outstanding product.

-Effectiveness: 9.5/10
This product came out at a perfect time for me, as I was in the middle stages of a cutting phase. With only 180 calories and 8 grams of carbs, it was nice to finally have a protein/creatine post workout blend that had minimal carbs. Some many have been disappointed initially that they didn't include carbs in the formula, but I actuallly found it ideal as it allows the user to add in their desired carb source and amount rather than go with the set formula, which is just what I was looking for. With that being said, I used is for an even 40 workouts during a cutting phase, and combined it with my own post workout carb source (I'll omit this as I utilized more than one and the sources are a whole other review). During this time, I experienced outstanding recovery, maintained strength across the boards and didn't notice any dips in performance despite being in a caloric deficit. When I come across a product that can deliver in all of these areas during the rigid demands of my cut, I'd say we have a winner.

-Value: 9.5/10
Out of the gate, many complained about the price of this product, but I actually feel it's priced very well. It's on par with price per serving to many post workout supplements, so I don't consider it outrageous. With all of the hydrolyzed protein and the high end Creapure creatine, they certainly didn't skimp for the amount that they are charging. Then of course there are the results, and I feel they more than justify the cost.

-Overall: 9.6/10
Hydrobuilder is essentially a very simple product, and that's exactly what I like about it. Combine hydrolyzed proteins for fantastic absorption with high quality creatine and amino acids and you're left with a tried and true formulation. Once again, Optimum shines with a highly anticipated product. I really enjoyed my run of Hydrobuilder and will definitely be using it again.

-AP

Reviews: 54
    Reputation: +981
    Good review petey. I agree the after taste is strange..

kevO
    kevO

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 71
    Reputation: +3978
    Good Review Petey.
    I had a bunch of samples and did not enjoy the taste at all. However, when I mixed it with Greek Yogurt to make a 'sludge' it was fantastic.

kroberts9
    kroberts9

Joined: 10/2010
    Reputation: +758
    petey great review brotha!!! i love this product and have a jug at work and home depending where i am and work out. best taste,best balance of ingredients. i will use this forever. awesome review i think i will stay away from my review because you killed this one.

diazr01

IRISH89

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 17
    Reputation: +319
    Great review, love hydrowhey but have only stuck to the vanilla bean flavour, not sure to try chocolate as people have said its not as nice, what flavour do you think is the best.

Reply #6:
    workoutguru
    workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
    Reviews: 83
    Reputation: +881
    Good job on the review petey. I got a sample of this stuff and thought it was pretty good. I really liked the ingredients they put in this stuff. For only having 7 servings in the sample container I thought it worked good. I started to noticed I had a lot better recovery and felt like I got a little stronger. I would like to get more of this but for me I think it's a little expensive.

Reply #7:
    chichistrong
    chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
    Reviews: 69
    Reputation: +2154
    F.U. PETEY!!! your reviews are always too good haha

Reply #8:
    WannaBMC
    WannaBMC

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 2
    Reputation: +5
    Great review, I've been wanting to try this for some time now.

Reply #9:
    Frankiemusc
    Frankiemusc

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 37
    Reputation: +1228
    Awesome review but decimal points petey, really???

Are u an Olympic judge on the side?

Reply #10:

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +180
    I'm so sick of these uninformative reviews. Driving me crazy......

Reply #11:
    fmrPRO
    fmrPRO

Reputation: +417
    Dang this is still up here?! I mean great review but take it off the main page and give it it's own "greatest review of all time" page ;)

Reply #12:

Joined: 3/2009
    Reviews: 38
    Reputation: +3991
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!

@Frankie: Haha, haven't you seen my other reviews? Decimals all around!

@Swazz: Sorry to let you down bro, I'll see if I can be a little more descriptive next time around.

@fmrPro: I don't know about greatest review of all time, but I'll see if I can top it!

-AP

Reply #13:
    JMetal12
    JMetal12

Joined: 1/2011
    Reputation: +279
    Killer review bro. You got me pumped to try this product now. Def. adding it to my list.

Reply #14:

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +180
    It's ok, I forgive you. ON should probably pay you royalties on this review cause I am pretty sure you just sold 50 tubs of it at least. lol

Reply #15:
    mo
    mo

Joined: 2/2012
    Reputation: -1
    will it give the same results if i take it during working out another question how much carbs should i take postworkout

October 23, 2013

Djjubbajubba

Age: 27

October 23, 2013
    Really guys?

Ok, I'm going to be pretty quick and to the point. I don't know about most of the reviews on this site. I just know about my personal opinion and the opinion of about 15 other people. The product is a good to great protein but the taste is horrible. I have not met a single person that thinks this product tastes remotely good. I got two small bottles, one of each vanilla and chocolate, from bb and started in with then the next day. I have had some really bad tasting protein and some really good tasting protein. This one is near the bottom. The next person I talked to who was thinking of trying it was the guy who owns the smoothie shop at my gym. He was thinking of trying it because he was a fan of ON and used their products in his shop. I warned him to only get the small size to see how he liked it. A week later he thanked me for not letting him waste his money. Most of my friends have filtered through it with virtually the same response. I guess my point is, it doesn't matter how good the protein works, if you don't want to drink it every day. It's not rocket science. There are plenty of other great proteins out there that taste a lot better.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    • Horrible Taste
    locospider09
    locospider09

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 20
    Reputation: +290
    Get vanilla, mix in fresh strawberrys. Problem solved. This is an amazing quality builder

RodrigoRM
    RodrigoRM

Reviews: 4
    Reputation: +267
    I mean if taste is your one and only concern with supplements, you might as well go review ice cream flavors instead.

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 72
    Reputation: +2353
    An 8 for effectiveness, but a 3 overall just because of bad taste?

Bad Review, nuff said

March 18, 2013

shore1940

Reviews: 4

Age: 26

March 18, 2013
     I have been switching back and fourth between this and GNC amp 60. I think the amp 60 gives you more of a pumped or swollen feeling, but this is good stuff too. I use water to mix it, milk makes it just too thick to drink. Its a little thick even with water. It works in my oppinion. Helps recovery times and tastes pretty good. Compared to monster milk, this is great stuff. Pretty easy on the stomach too.
    March 4, 2013

Michaeljai27

Age: 28

March 4, 2013
     I've been using this product for awhile now, and I decided to write a review on it. I must say this is an amazing product, it taste well, it mix well, and the benefits are amazing as well. My gym proformance has also increased meaning I see gains in my arms and chest, my strenght level has also increased. I would hightly recommended anyone to try this product. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, I have been a long time user of all Optimum Nutrition products and known of them seem to be a dissappoint. So if your looking for high quality protein then look no futher.
      sdunlimited
      sdunlimited

Joined: 1/2013
      Reviews: 29
      Reputation: +1066
      I'd like to offer some friendly advice since you're very new to the site and contributing. Please take a look at some of the other, more thorough reviews - especially those by the Expert Review Team and try to follow that kind of structure in future reviews. Your bio says you've got almost a decade of experience with lifting and presumably supplements. Above you mention that you're a long time user of all ON products so I'm guessing you could probably put together a number of reviews based on your extensive use of the products.

SupplementReviews.com is a great resource for many people and is built from the very contributors who write solid, thorough reviews. It's worth taking the time to put some effort into it so everyone benefits. Plus, you've given this product 10's across the board meaning that you believe essentially no other similar product compares in effectiveness, value and overall ability to perform. If that's truly the case, I'd hope you could put together far more details regarding just how awesome this product is.
      Hope you find this info helpful and that your next reviews brings your Rep into the positive.
      Cheers~

January 3, 2013

Reviews: 72

Age: 24

January 3, 2013
       Salutations SR brethren and welcome to WarMachine's first review of 2013!! To begin the new year, I am going to review the product that I teamed with usp labs versa-1 during my log, Optimum Nutrition's HydroBuilder Platinum. I would like to extend another special thanks to everyone who followed my log and usp labs for hooking me up with versa-1.

As a brief introductory description of hydrobuilder, it is a complete muscle building formulation containing adequate levels of high qaulity creatine, multi-source proteins, amino acids, enzymes, and betaine. It is designed to aid in muscle growth, recovery, and integrity. During my use of it, I would most often use this both pre and post workout. Of course, to allow optimal digestive time, I would take it about 45 minutes before my workout with my versa-1 capsule. I would also take a serving immediately after my workout along with a hit of some extra glutamine. On non-workout days, a serving first thing in the morning sometime before breakfast allowed me to ignite the anabolic flame for the day ahead. Now for a more detailed explanation of the particular fields of the product's quality:

Taste/Mixability (7): The 40 servings tub comes in three flavors: chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. The trifecta of originals basically. All three flavors to me were satisfactory at best. Definitely not the worst tasting, but I have certainly had better tasting proteins. I found all of the flavors to be more so on the bland side and lacking in fullness of flavor. Still, not nasty or difficult to take down. Also, I didn't experience any unpleasant aftertastes as some users claim to have experienced so, points for that.

In terms of mixability, overall the products mixes well in water. However, for some reason when I would try to mix with anything else like milk, I found that the product tended to clump moderately forcing me to utilize a blender when I would want to use milk for improved taste. This a little bit of an inconvenience for me, but I won't take significant points off for that.

Ingredient Profile (10): As a stated before, the formulation of the product is complete and abundant in several essential muscle building ingredients:

40 Servings Vanilla Bean
      Sodium 300mg 13%
      Micronized Creapure® Creatine Monohydrate 5g †
      BetaPower™ Natural Betaine 2.5g †
      Micronized Amino Acid Matrix 2g †
      Micronized Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Micronized L-Glutamine, Micronized L-Arginine, Taurine, L-Alanine, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Micronized L-Citrulline
      Enzyme Complex 200mg †
      Beet Root Fiber, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase
      * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
      † Daily Value not established.
      Other Ingredients:
      Protein Blend (CreaPep™ Enriched Protein Blend [Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein], Whey Protein Concentrate, Hydrolyzed Egg Albumen), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Creamer (Glucose Syrup Solids, Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mono & Diglycerides, Turmeric And Annatto Extracts, Artificial Flavors), Polydextrose, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Salt, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Sorry of that is a bit difficult to read. As you can see there is a solid amount of all the essential contents. Five grams of creapure, 30 grams of protein from multiple sources, 2.5 grams of betaine, and 2 grams of blended amino acids make this one effective muscle enhancing product good for recovery, development, and integrity. My only complaint is that I think there could be a little more of the amino acids considering the blend only consists of 2 grams.

Usage (10): Very simple, one scoop of this in 8 ounces of your choice of a beverage. I usually used either water or milk. The directions claimed it is best used post workout on training days and sometime between meals on non-workout days. As a mentioned before, I would use one serving both pre and post workout on training days and first thing in the morning on non-training days. On non-training days were the times where I would most often use milk.

Effectiveness (10): I must say that hydrobuilder truly lived up to its claims. I noticed dramatically improved recovery not just after my workouts, but I also noticed I recovered from heavy set workloads during my workouts as well. Coupled with versa-1, I gained strength, mass, and even stamina with hydrobuilder. The benefits were most noticed on my non-training rest days, but I would also notice a difference during my boxing and cardio sessions as well (ask the zumba girls they'll vouch for me LOL). All in all, increased strength, mass, stamina, and improved recovery were all noticed with hydrobuilder's use.

Value (5): Now this is where the product takes a big punch to the point scale. The average price range of a 40 servings tub of hydro platinum is 50-60 dollars. My first tub I bought from illpumpyouup.com with the $20 gift card I won from here. To my first tub cost me about 30 dollars. The second tub I bought cost me 50 dollars straight up since I was fortunate enough to find it on sale at a local vitamin shoppe. The third tub I got as a gift from my sister for helping her with some furniture assembly. She didn't tell me how much it cost but she knew that I liked the product. While I found the product to be effective, the price tag would definitely discourage those of the more budget conscious nature. Shopping around for prices is absolutely a must for this product in my opinion if you intend on trying it.

Overall (9): Despite the heavy price tag, hydrobuilder platinum is a very effective and versatile supplement. Whether run alone or stacked with some other goodies, hydrobuilder will increase muscular mass, strength, integrity, and overall body endurance if you train hard and efficiently. Of course, don't forget diet. After a brief off cycle period I will consider hydrobuilder for another run, especially if I decide to pull the prohormone trigger for the first time this year (AMS watch out, the machine may be coming your way LOL!!!). As a final thought, if you are a serious weight training athlete and endurance/fitness enthusiast I would highly recommend hydrobuilder platinum provided you can get it at a decent price.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Excellent To Stack With An Otc Anabolic Like Versa-1
      • High Quality Ingredients
      • Increases Strength
      • Another Flavor Variety Or Two Wouldn't Hurt
      • Not Enough Servings
      • Average Taste
      October 22, 2012

Reviews: 5

Age: 32

October 22, 2012
       This review is a bit overdue, but here goes...

I know everybody is going to say I'm just following the crowd, but I love Optimum Nutrition Supps.

TASTE AND MIXABILITY: 1/10

The mixability of this product was sooo garbage it's not funny. It didn't matter if I tried shaking it for 15, 30, 45 seconds, whatever, there were always massive clumps of powder at bottom of shaker. Which was also a problem, because then you would spend another 5 minutes trying to clean the crap out the bottom of the shaker.

The taste of this supp was probably the worst tasting shake I have ever had. I tried mixing it with water, and I tried milk. I tried mixing in Milo (a chocolate flavoured powder drink), Quik (another chocolate flavoured powder drink), and I even tried drinking chocolate powder to mix with it. I tried all different combinations, but to no avail. I'm sorry ON, but this was just complete crap. Especially here in Australia, where we pay $99.95 a bottle, we EXPECT more!

Have you ever had a bad hangover and tried to have a beer the next day? Let's be honest, the beer the next day goes down like razors... Well, I would equate that same feeling and taste to Hydrobuilder. I'm sorry Optimum Nutrition, I have a lot of love for you, but, this was just garbage...

EFFECTIVNESS: 5/10
      I can't really add much to the effectiveness due to the terrible taste. Due to paying $99.95 a bottle, I persevered with the bottle and different combinations. However, I can say that it wasn't completely ineffective. It was good in recovery, but it's not exactly something I would write home about and tell other people to use. There are plenty of other better protein supps out there.

VALUE: 2/10
      Here in Australia, you pay top dollars for supps. You would think by paying more, you would expect to get something for your money... How wrong. There is no value for money in this supp. Sorry ON.

I have a lot of love for ON, and will continue to use their products, but unfortunately, this is just not one of those products I can recommend.

Overall, this supp is really expensive, and I would expect more out of a supp brand with a good name like Optimum Nutrition.

Hope this helps Optimum Nutrition in fixing their product, and helping other people thinking about choosing to use this product to think twice.

I love ON supps, and would suggest Platinum Hydrowhey or Complex Pro Gainer, Love them!

RB
        • Weird After Taste
        • Little Too Expensive

Joined: 10/2012
        Reviews: 5
        Reputation: +3
        Sorry, Value should be 2/10.

September 29, 2012

marcussmith4

Age: 20

September 29, 2012
         I have taken every protein that Optimum makes, as well as Muscle Pharm's Combat and BSN's Syntha Six. After all these Proteins only one stands at the top and that is Hydro Builder. I only buy Vanilla for comparison purposes. It tastes like Cake batter, I almost feel like I'm cheating on my diet when I drink it. It mixes impeccably and is so smooth. The recovery is incredible and I gained about 6lbs of lean muscle on it.

I love it but I'm a bit biased in that I love Optimum Nutrition.
        • Tastes Good Even With Water
        • Best Protein Profile Out There
        February 20, 2012

Bloodhound66

Age: 19

February 20, 2012
         DISCLAIMER: In no way do I attempt to make ANY supplement sound like the end to all supplements. They are made to help, NOT to accomplish your goals. You are the only one that can finish your mission. TRAIN HARD, EAT RIGHT,You'll be fine. This Review Is Just My Opinion Nothing Else.

REVIEW:
        ---Ive been a fan of Optimum Nutrition for a

while so when this caught my eye in M&F I was excited, very excited. Especially since I was in a cutting stage at the time I was looking for a product that helped me get in my BCAA's and pretty much everything else, The only thing missing from this was it hitting the bench for me lol.

TASTE: Umm yea this wasn't the greatest tasting protein from ON but it was tolerable.
        Ive only tried the chocolate but to me it tastes like a mix of saltine crackers and coffee(Puerto Rican staple lol). Anyway I had the 5 lb tub and after a while the taste became tiresome and i eventually had to chug it down so i wouldn't lose my appetite. I suggest coming up with little mixes, like I would add peanut butter and a banana to mine once in a while just to switch up the taste and for the extra carbs, protein, fats etc. But Gold Standard Whey has this product beat on taste.

Mix-ability: Hydro-builder mixes well. this is from the protein isolate they use. BUT, although it CAN mix well, I've had times where it did get stuck to the bottom of my shaker even though this isnt THAT big of a deal, for the price of this you want every last grain to be used, trust me!!! And on that note we go to...

PRICE: This goes without saying, this stuff is expensive, VERY expensive. But you also have to consider all the ingredients it has in it, BCAA's, Creapure, Healthy fats, the list goes on. If your on a budget however this isnt the protein for your pocket by a long shot. AND ive heard that ON is going to be --RAISING THE PRICES-- very soon as well so this is going to get even pricier! Luckily, I bought a 5 lb tub from this place where I live that sells everything wholesale. Try finding a wholesale supplier in your area and I'm sure you'll save too. I paid about 45 bucks which was an awesome deal.

Effectiveness: I used this on my cutting phase, and with 180 cal. count and only 8 grams of carbs I was able to fit this into my diet with no problem. I took this with OEP and I had pretty good results, i kept my definition and my muscles felt a hella lot fuller than normal. Normally when I cut my muscles lose density, I feel that HB suppressed that effect, as well as an overload muscle loss. Im sure the Creapure had something to do with that. I cant say if it helped with recovery time, cause honestly regardless of how hard I workout after a day or two im up and running, The beauty of being 19 lol.

Overall: I love the ingredient list I feel like I'm getting just about everything I need which feels good. This is frickin expensive but if you consider the content list technically you are saving money, you don't have to buy BCAA'S, its got casein so this is a protein you can take at night as well(Even though I stick to my cottage cheese). The taste...well..not bad. But all the nit picking aside this IS the most complete and fulfilling protein Ive purchased. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Great Nutritional Breakdown
        • Decent Taste

Have you used Platinum Hydro Builder? Submit your own Review!