Glutamine Powder

By Optimum
Glutamine Powder Optimum
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Ranks #2 of 16 (better than 93%)
in Amino Acids > Glutamine
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

glasswars's Glutamine Powder Review

Don't understand why this has such a low rating (6.5 at the time)...

I love this product, easily one of my favorites that I will be using time and time again.

Profile: Optimum is a great company, great image, great...
Don't understand why this has such a low rating (6.5 at the time)...

Profile: Optimum is a great company, great image, great products. Great label. Contains 5 grams of pure L-Glutamine per serving. The recommend to mix one rounded teaspoon with 8oz of water or favorite beverage. Simple, and effective.

Price: 10/10. I grabbed the 1000 gram container for about 35 dollars. Runs 200 servings, which to me is helluva deal. Even if you had it everyday it would last you 6+ months.

Taste: Dependant. Product comes unflavored, but I really recommend mixing it with milk, Gatorade, Vitamin Water, anything that is flavored. Mixing it in just water left an awkward taste and texture that I would have to power chug my way through.

Mixability: 10/10. Mixes quick and easy, stir/shake for 30 seconds and you are all set.

Effectiveness: 10/10. Just great! I sometimes have this twice a day, but always about an hour before bedtime w/ Soy Milk. Does exactly what it's supposed to, reduces my soreness the next day. Which leaves me feeling confident that I can always go hard in the gym knowing I'll be okay the coming days. I easily noticed the difference when I first purchased the product and started using it vs. just my after workout shake, which only had 2 grams of Glutamine.

Overall: 10/10. Simple, effective product. Doesn't get more bare bones than that. Great price, plenty of servings, from a great company, this is the only product I'll use when all I'm looking for is just Glutamine.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Profile
  • Effective
  • Reduces Soreness

pumpit

Posted December 12, 2010
    stay away from glutamine products, there are studies shows that when glutamine is exposed to the water it is being converted into ammonia.

sammyboss82's Glutamine Powder Review

hey guys, I have been taking Glutamine powder on and off.. Over the past couple months I have made it a staple and more consistent.

Reason:
    I have put on some good lean muscle on over the past year and I have come to realize the more you have the more you have to do to preserve....

Reason:

Taste: 8/10
    Glutamine always has that nutty taste to it, I always add extra to my Whey shakes during the day and also in my intra workout Xtend.

Mix-ability: 7/10
    If I add it to my Xtend it sits on the bottom, will need to keep shaking bottle to mix it through. In saying that it works out perfect because I sip on xtend during workouts which has 2.5g glutamine in it anyway. The last bit i save towards the end when I am about to jump on cardio machine and skull it down with a good hit of glutamine powder to keep me anabolic throughout my 20-30min cardio session post workout.

With my body I have come to realize Glutamine reduces my soreness, and keeps my immune system strong. Whenever I feel like a cold coming on I start taking high doses 50g Glutamine a day and it really helps boost my immune system and I feel great.

Uses:
    Whey shakes / protein pancakes / intra workout / pre cardio empty stomach in mornings / when feeling sick / pre cardio / before bed extra in casein shake.
    I dose it according to my workload, body part worked etc.

Happy? yes, like I said for my body Glutamine works fantastic.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Profile
    • Effective
    • Reduces Soreness

nickfuri's Glutamine Powder Review

I Originally joined this website to find a product that would help me with recovery. Over the past year (I'm turning 30 in the next year), I have noticed that I was having problems recovering after workouts. I tend to stick to heavy lifting, and the soreness would carry over in to my next workout and effect it adversely. My goal was to find something that I could just throw in to my post workout shake. I was not interested in pills just because I have a "weak stomach" and have historically never reacted well to them. I figured I'd give this product a shot just because it seemed to be basic and affordable.

Price: I got this product for a little over $10 on AllStarHealth.com. In my books thats a great deal.

Mixability: I tend to mix this with my post workout or pre bed shake of Sytha6 and water. It mixes perfect and you do not even notice it is there.

Taste: As far as I know it doesnt have a distinct taste.

Effectiveness: After over a month of usage, I am extremely pleased with the product. I have noticed quicker recovery, and because of that, better gains. I lift with my brother in law, who is 10 years younger than me, and have had him complain about soreness when i'm feeling great.

Overall, I would say to give it a try because its effective and as basic as you can get.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Effective
      • Reduces Soreness

Posted August 8, 2011
        haha maybe u should help ur brother in law there and tell em about glutamine ;) great review bro, glutamine is one of my favorite things to take, happy lifting :)

Posted August 8, 2011
        haha, yea definitely. I just told him this week about it, wanted to make sure it was worth it.

texasironman's Glutamine Powder Review

Key to growth is recovery and glutamine does just that. I mix it with my protein shake post work out, also when im sore. This helps minimize soreness. unless you get flavored powder it is very bitter. Cheap and highly recommended for any level lifter or athlete.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Effective
        • Reduces Soreness

ohhockeydude's Glutamine Powder Review

I have used this product and the Glutamine caps for over a year now and I really can't think of anything bad to say. I do a good deal of endurance workouts and soreness was a constant issue for me. I started taking the powder and although there was still a little burn there it was like night & day compared to how it had been. The value is very good for both the caps and the powder and both containers will last you quite a long time. Optimum in general is a great company (look at the "Top Rated" link for proof) and this product does exactly what it says it will. I have switched from the powder to the caps and haven't seen any difference in effectiveness. I hesitate to throw out a 10 on my fourth review but there's just nothing I can say that's bad about this product.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Effective
        • Reduces Soreness

kevO

Posted January 3, 2011
          I totally agree with you on this one. Its a simple product, but it does everything it says it should do. I used it forever, until I discovered SciFit's GlutaLyn, which works even better than this, something I didnt believe til I tried it. Either way its a great product and dirt cheap

Nothing to special with this product no noticeable difference in soreness while on this.

Honestly not really impressed with this product I really made the purchase particularly for muscle soreness and reduction of the soreness but I really had no noticeable difference when supplementing this product and when I would forget to take it. I have had success with other products similar like Sci-Fits old Gluta-Lyn definitely reduction in soreness for me. Overall not to satisfied with Optimum's Glutamine but for the cheap price possibly worth the try because others have seemed to react well to it.

koartist93's Glutamine Powder Review

Briefly, overall this product works just as its suppose to. I usually put a teaspoon of it in with my Whey in the morning, and Casein at night.

Taste: 10/10 Unflavored! cant taste it in my protein at all.

Effectiveness: 10/10 I can definitely tell the difference taking this...

Taste: 10/10 Unflavored! cant taste it in my protein at all.

Effectiveness: 10/10 I can definitely tell the difference taking this with my protein, i get much better recovery when if i were to take the protein with this.

Value: 10/10 200 servings for 15-20 bucks? i think thats great!

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Effective
          • Reduces Soreness