Glutamine Powder

By: Optimum

Glutamine Powder is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by Optimum. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Does Glutamine Powder work?
glasswars
  December 12, 2010

Don't understand why this has such a low rating (6.5 at the time)...

I love this product, easily one of my favorites that I will be using time and time again.

Profile: Optimum is a great company, great image, great products. Great label. Contains 5 grams of pure L-Glutamine per serving. The recommend to mix one rounded teaspoon with 8oz of water or favorite beverage. Simple, and effective.

Price: 10/10. I grabbed the 1000 gram container...
Don't understand why this has such a low rating (6.5 at the time)...

Price: 10/10. I grabbed the 1000 gram container for about 35 dollars. Runs 200 servings, which to me is helluva deal. Even if you had it everyday it would last you 6+ months.

Taste: Dependant. Product comes unflavored, but I really recommend mixing it with milk, Gatorade, Vitamin Water, anything that is flavored. Mixing it in just water left an awkward taste and texture that I would have to power chug my way through.

Mixability: 10/10. Mixes quick and easy, stir/shake for 30 seconds and you are all set.

Effectiveness: 10/10. Just great! I sometimes have this twice a day, but always about an hour before bedtime w/ Soy Milk. Does exactly what it's supposed to, reduces my soreness the next day. Which leaves me feeling confident that I can always go hard in the gym knowing I'll be okay the coming days. I easily noticed the difference when I first purchased the product and started using it vs. just my after workout shake, which only had 2 grams of Glutamine.

Overall: 10/10. Simple, effective product. Doesn't get more bare bones than that. Great price, plenty of servings, from a great company, this is the only product I'll use when all I'm looking for is just Glutamine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Profile
  • Effective
  • Reduces Soreness

hey guys, I have been taking Glutamine powder on and off.. Over the past couple months I have made it a staple and more consistent.

Reason:
I have put on some good lean muscle on over the past year and I have come to realize the more you have the more you have to do to preserve.

Taste: 8/10
Glutamine always has that nutty taste to it, I always add extra to my Whey shakes during the day and also in my intra workout Xtend.

Mix-ability:...

Reason:

Taste: 8/10

Mix-ability: 7/10
If I add it to my Xtend it sits on the bottom, will need to keep shaking bottle to mix it through. In saying that it works out perfect because I sip on xtend during workouts which has 2.5g glutamine in it anyway. The last bit i save towards the end when I am about to jump on cardio machine and skull it down with a good hit of glutamine powder to keep me anabolic throughout my 20-30min cardio session post workout.

With my body I have come to realize Glutamine reduces my soreness, and keeps my immune system strong. Whenever I feel like a cold coming on I start taking high doses 50g Glutamine a day and it really helps boost my immune system and I feel great.

Uses:
Whey shakes / protein pancakes / intra workout / pre cardio empty stomach in mornings / when feeling sick / pre cardio / before bed extra in casein shake.
I dose it according to my workload, body part worked etc.

Happy? yes, like I said for my body Glutamine works fantastic.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Profile
  • Effective
  • Reduces Soreness

I Originally joined this website to find a product that would help me with recovery. Over the past year (I'm turning 30 in the next year), I have noticed that I was having problems recovering after workouts. I tend to stick to heavy lifting, and the soreness would carry over in to my next workout and effect it adversely. My goal was to find something that I could just throw in to my post workout shake. I was not interested in pills just because I have a "weak stomach" and have historically never reacted well to them. I figured I'd give this product a shot just because it seemed to be basic and affordable.

Price: I got this product for a little over $10 on AllStarHealth.com. In my books thats a great deal.

Mixability: I tend to mix this with my post workout or pre bed shake of Sytha6 and water. It mixes perfect and you do not even notice it is there.

Taste: As far as I know it doesnt have a distinct taste.

Effectiveness: After over a month of usage, I am extremely pleased with the product. I have noticed quicker recovery, and because of that, better gains. I lift with my brother in law, who is 10 years younger than me, and have had him complain about soreness when i'm feeling great.

Overall, I would say to give it a try because its effective and as basic as you can get.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Reduces Soreness
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.