Glutamine 1000 Caps

By Optimum
Glutamine 1000 Caps Optimum
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 3 Reviews)

Ranks #5 of 17 (better than 75%)
in Amino Acids > Glutamine
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

venom434

good basic product that can be incorporated in to any supplement

i received 3 free bottles of this from BodyBuilding.com with purchases of ON Hydro Builder. i finished 1 bottle already, and about a week or two ago i started on the second bottle; this review should be rather short and simple.

Ingredients: Serving size 1 capsule, 1g L-Glutamine. nothing fancy here, as many of you know working out/lifting weight puts stress on the body, which glutamine levels deplete from the body. The body can lose up to 50% of its glutamine levels during training, so you want to replenish the what's lost. this will help with recovery, prevent muscle break down, reduce muscle soreness and improve the immune system.

Taste/Dosage: for taste N/A, can't taste anything. dosage i took anywhere from 2-4 caps daily, splitting the capsules between post workout/pre bed on lifting days; and morning/pre bed on rest days. i usually stuck around 2g daily, every once in a while i would take a few extra if i feel like i needed a little more help in recovery.

Effectiveness: during my first bottle and now part of my second bottle i would like to note this was stacked with ON Hydro Builder. what i noticed from this was enhanced recovery after my workouts, reduced muscle soreness and it seemed to make my muscles feel more "full" upon waking in the morning. one thing i did notice about this, was every once in a while if i dosed a little higher than an extra 2g daily it upset my stomach a little, but nothing major. i'm sure part of what i noticed in recovery was from the Hydro Builder, but knowing glutamines benefits i know this helped too.

Value: they come in 120 capsule bottles and 240. i received 3 free bottles of the 120 count, which is awesome. now you can't beat free, but even at regular pricing this 120 count is $9.99 and 240 count is $17.99; which to me seems like a really good price, plus they last a while.

Overall: good basic product that can be incorporated in to any supplement stack or desired fitness goals. it's effective as recovery aid and the value is good as well. results weren't mind blowing, but i give this a good rating because the results were solid.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness

Blade410

Posted June 9, 2011
    Nice review broski, i keep hearing that ON Glutamine is quality compared to some cheaper asian counterparts.

kris65

Great reveiw broseph!

IRISH89

Top review bro, + rep.

Thanks Broskis!

Yeah its good stuff. I haven't tried many straight glutamine products, but this I do like. The price is good too for the amount of capsules you get at 1g per capsule.

Posted June 9, 2011
    sweet review venom keep putting in the work bro.

petey7408

Posted June 10, 2011
    Damn it! Excellent review! I'm on my iPod touch and clicking stuff can be tricky with big fingers. Disregard the neg rep bro!

-AP

Posted June 10, 2011
    it's cool Petey, i've done it before myself on my HTC Evo 4g lol.

Posted June 10, 2011
    Awesome review! I can't imagine myself not taking glutamine. It's cheap and the recovery is phenomenal

nmucha01

Overall, to me this is a perfect product

This product is somewhat of a unicorn, there really isn't anything bad about it at all.

Value: 10/10. First off, it was 20 bucks for 240 caps, which is drop-dead awesome. Nothing much more you can say about that.

Effectiveness: 10/10. I'm currently doing a recomp with LOTS...

Effectiveness: 10/10. I'm currently doing a recomp with LOTS of cardio, and I was concerned about losing muscle mass. Since glutamine is the most abundant BCAA in your muscle, and it is used up quickly in strenuous exercise, I decided to supplement it to avoid muscle catabolism, decrease in bone density, etc.

For that purpose, it has performed well. I have lost no muscle mass, and even gained muscle, while losing fat. My muscles get sore, but never lava-tearing-explosive pain like I was experiencing before I started using this. I take 2 at night (2 grams) and 4 at night on leg day.

Taste/Smell: 10/10. The pills do not smell, and they are small and coated, and swallow easily. I DEFINITELY recommend the pills above the powder.

Overall: 10/10. Overall, to me this is a perfect product. It's definitely a staple in even the most basic stack, and anyone from a basic lifter to the most advanced bodybuilder could benefit from this, which, I think is what makes this such a good product.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Price
    • Improved Recovery
    • Reduced Muscle Soreness

I love this stuff

I love this stuff. cheap, good quality, and plenty of servings. I was taking 2 before work outs and 2 after, I noticed my recovery was really quick when taking this. I took it before I went to bed on some occasions and woke up feeling better than usual. it increased my hgh levels pretty rapidly too. I was growing my beard nearly twice as fast as usual. while taking this It was def. one the best couple of months I had working out. strength keep going up and dont recall ever having a bad work out during this time. good product

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Muscle Fullness
      • Improved Recovery
      • Reduced Muscle Soreness
      • Great Price

AS79

Posted July 16, 2012
        This is just straight glutamine. It can help with muscle soreness, but it doesnt boost strength or HGH.

Posted July 16, 2012
        what is muscle recovery? youre building muscle when recoverying. good recovery means better work outs. you build strength. glutamine dosent raises hgh?? do some research man

AS79

Posted July 16, 2012
        ok, then please post a link to the study that confirms that glutamine boosts HGH.

Posted July 16, 2012
        it may not be a "study" but how man studies actually 100% confirm that a supplement works. hardly any ever. but there is some proof

Virtus

Posted July 17, 2012
        Actually there are many, many studies on glutamine out there. Medical peer reviewed ones. Try pubmed.

Also. Nothing, and I mean nothing, creates stuff like you are claiming this does through natural GH. Even injectable GH takes months to see effects on body mass sometimes, dose dependent. And we are talking superphysiological levels here.

Glutamine may or may not help wih sleep and gh levels, I don't know. But it is mainly marketed as a recovery supplement, not GH enhancer. And no gh enhanced holds a candle to he real stuff, on e you've tried it you'll realize how little some stuff actually does.