Fitness Fiber

By: Optimum

my diet was lacking fiber due to the fact that i don't eat much fruit or vegetables. so i began to search for a product that would help me achieve what i was looking for, i ended up coming across Fitness Fiber and decided i'd give it a try.

Nutritional Profile-per serving: 10 calories, 6g total carbohydrates and 5g fiber. very simple and basic ingredients, just straight to the point. Fiber Blend includes Polydextrose, Digestion Resistant Maltodextrin, Inulin, Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum, Psyllium Seed Husk, Gum Arabic.

Taste & Mixability: it's "unflavored", i know some unflavored products can actually have a bad taste or texture; but i never had any issues with taste or clumps, the consistency was smooth too as well and not gritty. i always mixed this with a protein shake(in milk) via shaker bottle or blender.

Effectiveness: is was awesome, i usually just added 1 serving(teaspoon) daily to my protein shakes either in the morning or post workout. the main thing that i did notice is that it helped put my digestive system back on track, keeping me more "regular"; seemed to improve stomach discomfort.

second added benefit to this is when i wasn't able to get a meal in due to my busy schedule, it helped keep me full for a short period of time. thus somewhat turning a regular whey protein shake into a slight meal replacement; not from a calorie, carb or fat stand point, just from the aspect of keeping me full until i could get a meal in.

Value: 195grams/30 servings for around $6 is a great deal to me, taking just 1 serving a day this lasted me a month.

Overall: this is a really good supplement for those who are lacking fiber or anybody that just wants to add extra in their diet, it's very affordable & effective. i would recommend this to everybody to try; regardless of age, gender or you're desired goals(cutting, bulking, maintaining, etc.)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Digestive System
  • Mixes Great
  • Great Value
  • Curbs Hunger
  • Make You Feel Fuller

• jmlstocks

Good review-love this stuff
    • kris65
      April 23, 2011

Great review man, I think I will try this with that whey if taking it with milk first help!
    • kroberts9
      April 23, 2011

Venom great review now i'm going to give you a rep+ this is a solid helpful review. great job! JK on the rep you always give a solid review.
    • Frankiemusc

Detailed review
    • Manimal
      April 23, 2011

You vagina, who needs Fiber?

lOl, good review bro. Fiber is essential. I get majority of mine through Yam skins.
    • venom434
      April 24, 2011

@manimal - i love yams, not too sure about the skins though. lol
    • IRISH89
      April 24, 2011

Good review, big fan of optimum, solid company.
    • fmrPRO
      April 24, 2011

Solid review, but wouldn't post-workout dosing be counter-productive? Just curious
    • steelforce
      April 24, 2011

Nice review may have to try this one my self can you take to much fiber at one time?
    • dsoza24
      April 24, 2011

Awesome review. Will be buying this real soon.
    • venom434
      April 24, 2011

@fmrpro - I didnt notice a negative difference when adding it to my post workout shake.

@steelforce - its possible that too much fiber could "back you up" rather than keep you "regular". I never took more than 1 serving daily.

Did you know that on average most americans are only consuming 14g of fiber each day, wich is 11g less then the recommended dose americans should consume. Well optimum has made it so much simpler for us to meat those needs in a simple effective product like fitness fiber.

Dosing: The dosing with fitness fiber is fairly simple 1 teaspoon gives you 5g of fiber. Me personally I just added 2 teaspoons to my daily protein shake, but by the convenience of this product you could add it to anything of your choice from a glass of water to any food dressing.

Profile: The profile is...

Profile: The profile is nothing special 10 calories 6g of carbs, and 5 grams of fiber, again fellas its just fiber.

In my opinion fitness fiber did what I wanted it to do it aided with keeping me regular, and as I'm currently cutting for my first show adding it to my shakes help keep me fuller and more satisfied longer. It also gave me that extra piece of mind knowing that I was meeting my daily needs of fiber.

Taste/mixability 10/10
    This stuff has no flavor what so ever wich makes it sensational for adding it to what ever you like. As far as mixability goes the powder is very fine not grainy.

Value 9/10
    A container of this stuff is around 6 bucks which comes out to be around 20 cent per serving the reason why the value isn't a 10 is because it does not come with a scooper.

Overall, I recommend this product to any and everyone. Fiber is very important to maintain bowel integrity and health, control blood sugar levels, and Aids in weight loss. I plan on keeping this stuff in my arsenal of supplements because its cheap and effective.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Digestive System

• Mooselini

No scooper, blasphemy!!

good review homie
        September 2, 2012

Thanks moose they know how seriously we take our scoopers
      • bnichols25
        September 2, 2012

Great review! I love my fiber supps. I think most people should include this in every stack just like a multi, fish oil, and whey.
        September 2, 2012

I agree bn wish i would have along time ago
      • FlashSunday
        September 2, 2012

Good review. If you haven't checked out quest bars, look into them. The only protein bars that I would consider healthy for you. Only 3-5g net carbs and the rest 15-20g is all fiber. Great for extra protein on a cut for sure.
        September 3, 2012

Will do flash thanks for the recommendation
      • Maxima
        September 3, 2012

Nice review line. Picked this up at GNC for like 4 bucks. I'm using it now and I love it. Needs a scooper though!

Hey everyone im here with another ON review. I have been taking fiber supplements for a few months now. I can tell you what a difference it has made for me. Not only just going to the bathroom but have a general well being. but this product didnt really live up to my expectations.

Price=10 i gave the value a 8 because even though this costs only 5 bucks online you really only get 15 servings cause at 5g per serving you should double up.

profile=5 ok this gets a five because there is no insoluble fiber here? which means that most of it gets broken down way before it hits your colon. they need to add insoluble fiber in here. plus in this one the fist Ingredient is Polydextrose. that is not a good sign.

Taste=10 ok here is a big plus, one of the main problems with fiber is the taste but since there isnt any insoluble fiber here and its micronized there really isnt a taste so you can mix this with anything.

effectiveness=5 i felt a little constipated here. they have a slow digesting enzyme. so maybe thats it but I did not get the same comfort level as I did with the other brands.

Mixability=10 well i mean this is great here. mixes with just about anything with no problem

I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a fiber supplement for the first time. even though you only get 15 days or less with this its still only 5 bucks online you cant beat that. I would recommend Fiberlyze by Species Nutrition over this.

i just didnt get the same feeling as i did with other products. im sure i still received the benifits from this product but i wasnt happy with it. the fact that it doesnt have insoluble fiber brings the points down for this. but there is no taste, it mixes with anything, and its cheap. i still say give it a try.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Digestive System
      • Mixes Great

• chichistrong
          June 14, 2011

Fiber that constipates you?? sounds like birthcontrol thats gets you pregnant haha
        • bignastyrico
          June 14, 2011

Lol i know thats why i wasnt to happy with this.

All in all, this stuff is a great way to keep fiber in your diet at a great price.

This has been in my stack for a while now, and it will continue to be in my stack. It is a phenomenal source to get good clean fiber with no fillers, or any unwanted stuff in it.

It is flavorless, and can be added to pretty much anything! I have put it in my shakes, cereals, even on soft shell tacos that i make every once in a while. It works just fine and mixes easier than most things.

The only bad thing that I can think of is that it makes a mess! It is such a fine powder, that if it gets loose, it goes everywhere!

I take this with ON Pro Complex, and OEP, and switch from OEP to Jack3d. I don't plan on deviating any time soon from ON products, they never cease to amaze me.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Curbs Hunger
        • Make You Feel Fuller

Fitness fiber came with my 5 lb tub of protein for free.

Bonus is its from optimum so I can trust the quality. This stuff helped my digestion substantially. I would take once a day, it tassted great (kind of like orange).

Overall 9/10
          its just fiber, helps bowel movements and tasted good, nothing else to say
          Fitness fiber came with my 5 lb tub of protein for free.

Overall 9/10
          its just fiber, helps bowel movements and tasted good, nothing else to say
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Curbs Hunger
          • Improves Digestive System
          • Mixes Great

Fiber in your diet is an oft neglected area. To add a little extra Fiber I decided to try Optimum's Fitness Fiber.
            Effectiveness: 9 Taking this a couple times of day really helps digestion and you can tell when you've had a little too much. A couple of times I had to back off the amount because it started to work too well. Unlike some "tasteless" products, this tastes pretty good and you can put it in or on any food because it mixes well also.
            Value: 7 Even though I got this for $4.99 for 30 servings, I only gave this a 7 because in my opinion that's 16 cents more a serving that I have to pay for something they could've added to their Pro Complex or other protein powders.
            Overall: 8 This is another Optimum product that mixes well and does what it's supposed to do for a reasonable price.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improves Digestive System
            • Mixes Great

I received this for free as a promotional item with a purchase from BodyBuilding.com. I ended up throwing a scoop in with my Casein shake I take in the morning.

What I can say is that it definetly made me feel fuller for longer. A lot of people overlook fiber in their diet, and this is a good way to supplement it. It's helped me lose weight by curbing hunger. I've already added 2 jars to my next order. The price isnt' too bad either.

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Can't Taste It
              • Curbs Hunger
              • Make You Feel Fuller
                Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.