Home > Categories > Creatine > Creatine Blends > Optimum > Creatine Powder

Optimum Creatine Powder

Creatine Powder Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (32 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 Reviews
Kre-Alkalyn 1500 (161 Reviews)
8.9
GNC Creatine Monohydrate Reviews
Creatine Monohydrate (34 Reviews)
Ultimate Creapure Reviews
Creapure (1 Review)
Jarrow Formulas Creatine Surge Reviews
Creatine Surge (1 Review)

Products in the same category:

GNC Amplified Creatine 189 Reviews
Amplified Creatine 189 (125 Reviews)
MuscleTech Cell-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Cell-Tech Hardcore (89 Reviews)
6.8
Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Reviews
SizeOn (84 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance Reviews
SizeOn Maximum Performance (43 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Questions on ON's micronized Creatine Powder
This is my first time on creatine so i just wana make sure im doing it right. It...

Re built mass AND micronized Creatine Powder?
Is this too much considering theres 10 grams of creatine in each serving of rebu...

Question's on creatine, and also: Kre-Alkalyn 1500 OR Optimum Creatine Powder?
Hey, this is my first post, and I am very glad to have found this forum. I have...

What are the best type of Creatine Powders?
what are the best type of Creatine Powders.. that are effective in gaining muscl...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Creatine Powder Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Creatine Powder Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective (28)
  • Price (25)
  • Increased Strength (25)
  • Increased Muscle Size (22)
  • Trouble Mixing (9)
  • Bloated Look/feel (7)
  • No Cons (5)
  • Not Effective (2)
January 15, 2011

Reviews: 61

Age: 23

January 15, 2011
 This has been a staple in my supplement regiment for the last several months. By now everyone is aware of the benefits of supplementing with creatine, and it’s undoubtedly a must have in any serious weightlifters repertoire. So when I decided to starting using creatine, I went with the most reputable brand that I could think of, Optimum.

I started using this several months back when I went on my major bulk phase. I went with the traditional method of loading for a week, three times a day, and then cycling six weeks on, six weeks off once per day, usually mixed in with my post workout shake. I was very pleased with my results while using this creatine. Overall strength, and muscle size both increased throughout my use of this product. When I was taking it during the loading phase I would mix it up with some Gatorade powder, but you could definitely still noticed the taste. It also did not mix very well like this, I would often times still have a little bit of powder at the bottom of my cup. However taking it during my cycles it mixed well in my post workout protein, and it was hardly detectable in my shake. The other drawback to this is you do get the bloating and water retention, but I’m sure that’s the case for all monohydrate. This creatine is micronized and that’s supposed to help with better absorption, and I won’t argue that’s not the case because I’ve seen great results with this. The key I found is to drink a ton of water when on cycle, and even more when you are loading. On my off cycles I would easily drop 3-4 pounds of water weight.

This product is a good value for creatine as well, 36 dollars for a 2000 gram tub that has 400 servings in it works out to a mere 9 cents a serving. So it’s cheap on top of lasting you a very long time. What else is there to say, great result, great value, great company. I would highly recommend this creatine to anyone who is looking to go the monohydrate route.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Muscle Size
  • Effective
  • Bloated Look/feel
  • Trouble Mixing

Joined: 10/2009
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +146
Solid review man. Have you ever used Kre-Alkalyn or considered using it?

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
Thanks brother. I have not used Kre-Alkalyn, but I have read and heard many good things about it. I've got a few weeks left in my off cycle of creatine right now, but I'm definitely considering trying it for my next cycle.

Joined: 10/2009
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +146
Yea you should give it a go. Most likely you should see all the same results that you do now, minus water retention, mixing trouble, and bloated feeling. I have used it for awhile and always satisfied with the results. GL bro

Matty28
Matty28

Joined: 1/2010
Reviews: 16
Reputation: +401
Great review man!

Besides the bloated feel, I think Mono is much better for a bulk.

If your going to go with Kre-Alk go with it on a cut/recomp since Mono worked out good for you on a bulk.

Reply #5:

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +5
nice review man, can I add this with my fat loss stak?

August 29, 2013

Age: 24

August 29, 2013
Best supplement

Creatine is proved to work, you see the difference since day one. 15 grams first week avery day, then cut to 5 grams per day. You will get stronger, you will get bigger, you will recover faster. Creatine is cheap, tasteless, you cand mix creatine with anything you drink. After 8 weeks you should take a 3 week break and do some cardio because creatine retains water in your body...after that get big again. No side efects for me using cretine made by optimen. Only downside is that you wont get a scoop so be sure to improvise correctly with a 5g scoop.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Price
  • Effective
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Muscle Size
  • Some Water Retention

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +1348
Wow. There is so much wrong info packed into those 4 sentences.

Reputation: +32
You just did talk generally about creatine and not especially about this product. Your review seems to me suspicious.

Reviews: 81
Reputation: +1135
All the grammar errors oh god the errors

Joined: 8/2013
Reputation: -29
I'm really sorry that you guys feel this way. Creatine is creatine, it will always work. I got the same results from the GNC and MUSCLEMEDS creatine. Wrong info?? i doubt that

Reply #5:

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +1348
Well, lets see. You can't feel creatine on the first use. It takes weeks to saturate your system. You dont have to cycle creatine at all, let alone every 8 weeks. Creapure rarely bloats anyone, and no all creatine is not the same. Still doubting?

August 10, 2013

Age: 25

August 10, 2013
The best for long term use

I use creatine on daily basis and sometimes cycle off when cutting to get rid any possible extra water.
After trying many monohydrate products I found micronised to be the best on the long run.

Taste:
It is unflavoured and has absolutely no taste

Mixability: 3/10
It is almost impossible to be completely dissolved even when mixing with great volume of water or any juice and always end up with high turbidity solution no matter how hard I try. If left more than 30 seconds before drinking the powder will settle in the bottom. Even if I drink it instantly there will be some residues left and need to refill liquid.

Usage and dosage:
Even though I don't believe in the loading I did follow instructions. 5 grams 4 times daily for five days (morning, preworkout, post workout, before bed).
After the loading phase I used to take 5 grams preworkout and 5 post untill I noticed no difference at all between 5 and 10 grams so I changed the dosage to 5 grams postworkout.
The bad thing is there is no scoop and to dose with a tea spoon isn't accurate because there are many sizes and every time I can grab a different quantity even with the same spoon so I weighed once on a scale and found a suitable scoop.

I always consider creatine a plus for any athlete and it really affects my workouts and training intensity without any unwanted sides.
Short term recovery: 9/10
Roughly 10 days of use I noticed a real difference in recovery between sets. In less than a minute I feel refreshed and ready to go for another one.
Long term recovery: 6/10
The impact of soreness the next day (s) is reduced not in a way to make the following training really easier but say about 20% of the overall pain.
Endurance: 9/10
Yes. I could really feel it! Some days ivtrained two muscles with high intensity and 30 minutes of cardio and still ready to train leaving the gym unsatisfied and untired.
Strength: 7/10
I felt a strength boost. I was able to pump about 2-3 extra reps in some sets and felt more confident and focused on the form when going heavyyyy.
Muscle building: 8/10
I noticed more muscle density day after day and the increased intensity really helped with my muscle building goal.

Cutting off:
After some period of extended use I was really used to the effects so I didn't notice its effectiveness no more untill I decided to cycle off on a cut and I touched the difference:
The drop sets became a torture for me and my capacity to lift in the last set decayed. Also the muscle pain resulting seemed endless before starting another drop set and the endurance was affected big time.
However I noticed some water retention because the first 4 days when I cycled off I dropped 5 pounds when my average weight drop was 2 pounds per week following same routine and same diet.

Here where this product really shines! It is cheap! I can buy the 60 servings container half price of other similar products! So why to buy any other specially when considering year round stacking.

I recommend every one to add this one to his basic training arsenal to optimise results and minimise expenses at the same time.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Price
  • Effective
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Muscle Size
  • Amazing I Love It
  • Smart
  • Some Water Retention

Reputation: +32
You said the magic words and you touched me! "even though i dont believe in loading i did it". Very good review man.

Joined: 1/2013
Reputation: +265
Thanx bro

tonyaprile
tonyaprile

Joined: 4/2012
Reputation: 0
Great review. Have you tried Beast Creature? If you have which would you say is better?

Joined: 1/2013
Reputation: +265
No, i have never tried it

July 12, 2013

theguyisback

Age: 18

July 12, 2013
Micronized = Best deal

First of all i used this creatine with just one teaspoon (5 grams) after workout.. NO loading phase
Now Results...OPTI - MUM well nothing other than what's claimed to be..i used this creatine after having another 100% pure creatine( by scitec nutrition) and i prefer this one by far because not only i get the 20% more power and stamina but also i know that all the teaspoon gets into me and doesn't get wasted...i put this spoon into one small glass of water and i mix it.. then i leave it rigid and unmovable for like 3 mins and the creatine gets suspended into powder form again..imagine this is happening inside your stomach... full dose into your body

Also my muscle size increased somewhat and the vascularity went also up even though i already had enough veins over my forearm

Now side effects - nothing more than some small stomach pains when i was starving and just had one glass of creatine... nothing else
On the gym i can do 15 more kilos into the bench press (33 lbs more) and i can do like 10 pullups instead of 6
Price is just 12 euros... that's cheap for 300 grams of creatine but... i wish here in greece the could have the bigger containers of this creatine
Overall - One pretty good brand to get started if you are a new user to creatine..its a quality product

Pros:
Cons:
  • Price
  • Effective
  • Increased Strength
  • Vascularity
    January 24, 2013

Goodfella

Reviews: 10

Age: 30

January 24, 2013
     **The whole debate between buffered creatine and monohydrate, ethyl ester, malate, ect. will always be at a stalemate.
    Personally, I enjoy monohydrate every now and then, but when you really want to shred off all the subcutaneous water, I recommend you go with a buffered creatine/krealkalyn.**

That being said, this creatine is superb.

Specs:
    60 servings at 5 g micronized Creatine monohydrate per scoop
    CREAPURE!!! The best monohydrate available

Results:
    -Increase in muscle size
    -Increase in STRENGTH endurance, meaning I could bust out extra reps at a higher weight
    -Massive pumps
    -As a post-workout, it keeps your "pump" going, in appearance mainly

Taste:
    Tastes like nothing. :) If you mix it you won't notice its there. Plus its micronized so blends well with no grit.

Side effects:
    Increased thirst. Monohydrate DOES pull water into the muscle area, so drink plenty of it all day! I noticed slight cramping in my plantar fascia when I first started taking this creatine which has proven in my experience to be indicative of dehydration and/or lack of sodium and potassium.

Exercise/diet:
    I hit my mids mostly. I go for highest amount of weight for 10-15 reps, usually no more than 7 sets per exercise, 3-4 exercises per body part, 2-3 body parts per day. Say what you will about that regimen, it yields significant results for me.
    My diet has been on point for the past 3 years. 5-6 meals mostly. Occasional fasting or carb loading. Throwing this creatine in the mix showed immediate results in size and strength.

Other supplements:
    I have only been consuming Forza BCAA's pre workout and Pro7ein Synthesis and Now Glutamine caps post workout.

How I took it:
    1 heaping teaspoon straight into the mouth. Don't mix it in water! Just put it on your tongue and chase it with water or juice.
    I took 1 scoop 15 minutes before training, and 1 scoop immediately after with my protein and glutamine. I took it before bed a few times mixed with my protein.

Overall, its an excellent choice for a creatine monohydrate!
    Try some and have fun!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Price
    • Effective
    • No Taste
    • Increased Strength
    • Increased Muscle Size
    • Amazing I Love It
      CamSTL

chefneilde

Joined: 3/2010
      Reviews: 27
      Reputation: +770
      Never heard of anyone straight up taking a spoonful on unflavored creatine and chasing it with water + rep for being hardcore or crazy

bmack21121

January 10, 2013

ratafari

Age: 19

January 10, 2013
       Just finished a 300grs bottle of this amazing creatine. It has been my first time using creatine supplements to boost my performance and enhance my physique. I didn't stack this with anything, was only taking this supplement. I must also mention that I didn't undergo loading, but rather took 2 scoops on workout, and 1 scoop on non workout days.

To optimize the creatine intake, apart from keeping myself hydrated throughout the day I stopped doing cardio, yes sir, no cardio during the week just plain strength training and eating as lean as possible, not too lean, just healthy lean. My reps went up gradually, and I noticed a volume increase overall in my physique, but specially my shoulders and chest got round and big.

After 4 weeks of use I had to start doing some light cardio, 2 times a week 20 min run, this was because after the 4 weeks supplementing the creatine, my pants were no longer for me, so I had to fix that.

Many people complain about the bloating of creatines, but its silly to do that, after all you are taking creatine to GAIN MASS, and the bloating is part of that. That's why I decided to stop the cardio for some time so that I got saturated and swollen to the point where I was seeing and feeling the effects of the creatine.

Value:
      I got it for 20 dollars down here in Lima, Peru, which is cheap, thats a great thing about this product, cheap and delivers no way it can get better than that!

Overall:
      Great would use it again and maybe try the loading, but I've heard that's better when you are lifting heavier weights. The bloating in my opinion is not a cons so please guys stop complaining about water retention when using creatine, is like complaining about getting wet after diving into a pool.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Smart
      • Price
      • Effective
      • Increased Strength
      • No Cons

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +5
      awesome review man! +rep for that!

November 9, 2012

Progressive

Reviews: 4

Age: 21

November 9, 2012
       This has been a staple supplement for me in any way, been using for too long now til i try using ultimate nutrition's creatine powder right now.

Overall:8
      It did increase my strength a little bit being able to force up those last reps of mine and increased the load of the weights. Did what it's supposed too.

Value:8
      It really lasts long enough for me after the loading phase of every season. Price was just alright. It's ON anyway.

Taste/Mixing:9
      For the taste, it doesn't taste anything, just plain and simple. Mixing, it does mix well and suspend in water or whey in shaker well, even spoon stirred.

Effectiveness:7
      I rate this a 7 because when i tried Ultimate's Creatine powder (i'm using right now) that one gives me a little more boost to my strength and endurance, and i liked it better. Anyway, this a good product, did what it's meant produce more ATP, Made you look bigger on a point of view, due to water retention i guess, product wise for beginners out there trying creatine powder.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Effective
      • No Taste
      • Increased Strength
      • Increased Muscle Size
      • Bloated Look/feel
      • No Cons
      November 1, 2012

musclebird

Age: 25

November 1, 2012
       hello,
      This product is like all mono hydrate creatine brands:
      -increases strenght
      -increases stamina
      -increases muscle size
      -increases vascularity

the reason i recommend this product is the price!
      It is cheap!!!
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Price
      • Effective
      • No Taste
      • Increased Strength
      • Increased Muscle Size
      • Amazing I Love It
        October 29, 2012

spwjww909311

Reviews: 5

Age: 21

October 29, 2012
         I discovered Optimum Nutrition's Creatine Powder on this website actually. The wealth of resources and expert reviews on here helped me feel more comfortable in the quality of product in which I purchased, so I wanted to give back my two cents. I also was aware of Optimum's majestic reputation, and arguably the best supplement company out there.

I decided to write this review because I had lost 40 pounds from running, and wanted to supplement my fat loss with some muscle; what better place to start than a good creatine supplementation product? I also have always been skeptical of supplements, and I am writing this in hopes of encouraging those who are maybe a little cautious or scared of supplements as I am.

I ordered this a little skeptical of the results I would receive. I shouldn't have been. It was an amazing experience and product! Within the first week my girlfriend noticed that I increased in size (and she didn't know I was supplementing creatine). My bench increased 10 pounds in the first week and my lifts just exploded. My first time supplementing with creatine, and I am sold on it!

I know it's not popular to give a 10/10 on a product in any category but I felt this was warranted. I ordered the 600g (which is 120 servings) for only $16! That is simply a value that can't be beaten! 120 servings of the safest, most well researched, most effective creatine supplement from the best supplement company out there.

Taste: 5/10
        It comes labeled as "unflavored" and it really does not have any flavor. However, I honestly could feel the grains sometimes in my mouth after drinking it during my loading phase (and that was a little gross).

Mixing: 8/10
        This product mixes very easily, and very well. The powder is very smooth and thin and just goes together with water or juice well.

Plain and simple: this product works (as a muscle builder). I used this product over the course of a 3 month period and added 12 pounds of muscle! The reason I gave this a 7 instead of a 9 is because it doesn't do much for me as far as recovery goes. Plain and simple, muscle building: great, recovery: average.

My diet was fairly good (low sugar, high protein), and I hit the gym 5 days a week and do cardio for 30 minutes 3 times a week, and this product kept me going! The results were exactly what I expected out of a Optimum Nutrition product (my favorite supplement company). For those that worry a lot like me, I have experience absolutely NO negative side effects; only very positive ones.

I think the large amount of positive reviews plus Optimum Nutrition's great reputation make this a must-have for any serious lifter. If you are looking for a creatine that works, look no further. I can honestly say there is NO other creatine I would use over this one, and that if I had to have only one supplement it would be this one. If you are debating on this creatine -- BUY THIS PRODUCT!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Very Little Taste
        • Price
        • Effective
        • Increased Strength
        • Increased Muscle Size
        • Amazing I Love It
        October 27, 2012

edu96

Reviews: 2

Age: 16

October 27, 2012
         I just finished a full bottle of this, it was my first creatine product i ever took.
        value:10/10
        it is cheap and its efective, micronized creapep creatine powder.
        effectivenes 8/10:
        it ws good but there are other products tha are better.
        0verall: 9/10
        its a good clean creatine it good for people that start working out, i did experience a little bloating and trouble mixing it; its easier to mix cement than this; and it has no taste.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Price
        • Effective
        • No Taste
        • Increased Strength
        • Increased Muscle Size
        • Bloated Look/feel
        • Trouble Mixing

Have you used Creatine Powder? Submit your own Review!