A-AKG Powder

By: Olympian Labs

A-AKG Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by Olympian Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Does A-AKG Powder work?
suppologist
  November 13, 2013

Overall:
Overall:
Recently took interest in nitric oxide products because I was tired of all the stimulant based pre-workouts that made me feel cracked out. I happend to bump into this product while shopping for something else, I thought it was a great price for the amount of servings they offered so I decided to scoop it up. Wow, was I impressed after using it, Great pump, Great consistency. AAKG hasn't let me down even after finishing my first bottle. Wether I add it to one of my homemade pre-workouts or I use it by itself, it's always on point.

I definately give this item a 9 out 10, the AAKG gave me the pump I needed to get into the gym and kick some butt. By the end of my workouts I had the balloon type effect that didn't allow to curl the barbell because my arms where so swole(yeee). Also noticed, and im not sure if anyone else noticed this, an increase in my breathing; which I felt allowed me to force out a couple more reps.

Taste:
Doesn't really taste like anything, kind of has a salty taste. Easy to mix!!

Value:
Can't argue with the value they provide. 30 servings for no more than 15 buckaroos, and it works...people you got a deal. Great quality product, certainly deliver what they claim to be providing. 1g per serving, usually a higher dosing then other products I've looked into.

Worked for me, I didn't expect much but got more than what I was looking for. Really suprised. Give it a try, Honestly it's inexpensive; add it to a preworkout or do take it by itself when you get tired of everything else. I'd recommend you cycle on and off, just to keep the effectiveness of the product like with any other supplement.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Mixes Easy

When i was out of supernos pump I was pretty disappointed to find that no walmart in my area carried it anymore, and I am not going to order of walmart.com "just dont trust em". So I was at my local Vitamin Shoppe just stocking up, when I came across this. I looked at the ingredients and just saw It was straight up arginine aakg, which is what supernos pump is, only it was only $10!! so much cheaper! so I said why not? Wow, i am impressed!

Effectiveness:9.5/10- Considering this is plain ol' arginine I had one of the most biggest and fullest pumps I have ever had within years! even BETTER than supernos pump, yeah i said it BETTER! I took one serving "3g's" along with my jack3d, and I definitely noticed more endurance in my workouts and definitely great pumps! and I also noticed my recovery improved. I would say this is a highly effective product and probably the best arginine supplement I have ever used.

Taste:8/10- I didnt mind to try this single handedly. I did the same thing I would do with supernos pump when i took it, I mixed it up with my jack3d. Overall it is tasteless, I did notice my jack3d was more bitter with this mixed in, but nothing to fuss about. Overall taste is nothing.

Value:10/10- At $10 bucks for 30 servings, to me that is a steal! Great value for a very good supplement.

Overall:9.5/10- I am very pleased with this product and very glad I found it. Effectiveness is near perfect, taste is almost unnoticeable, value is absolutely great! I am surprised ya'll dont brag about this more than you do with supernos pump lol. Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a very good arginine product!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Funny Taste

I got this stuff because of the relatively low price. I like the "pump" I'd get from other NO products but the price always seemed too high for something I always saw as impractical. I mix this in with my jack3d and take it along with some krealkaline. I saw noticeable pumps when I first started using it to the point where my shirts started feeling tighter around the sleeves. Though it tastes kinda metallic and the glass bottle seems to get chunks stuck in the edges, I still think it was well worth the price range. I don't know if it's just in my head but I feel like the pumps have become less effective as time has gone on. I may need to cycle off longer?
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Feel Like I May Have Become Tolerant

Olympia Labs A-AKG I first thought "why not its only 10 bucks can't go to wrong with that". So my first use I used one scoop in my jack3d and my performance in the gym was threw the roof. I remember thinking "WHOA! This is awesome" but after a few weeks I realized I built up a tolerance really fast. Lately I've been using it to create my own little PWO ***tail which consists of A-AKG, Citrulline Malate, Con-Cret, and Jacked. This has done wonders for my pumps, strength, vascularity, and confidence.

Mixability/Texture: 9.1/10
It mixes fine but if you used it alone with water then it has a very bitter taste so I recommend to always mix it with something that has flavor (i.e. Gatorade, pwo supp.)

Ingredient Profile: 9.3/10
This product is just straight A-AKG at 3,000 mg per scoop. No filler and no secrets here.

Effectiveness: 7.9/10
It works great until you build a tolerance to it than its kinda just regular. I have experienced using it with other N.O. products stacked to see if I could find some sort of combination that would lead me to more "pumps" after I built a rather high tolerance but with no success so I typically cycle off for a couple weeks so when I come back I start at a lower dose and enjoy that amazing "im a freaking beast" type feeling.

Price: 10/10
you can't beat it... 10 bucks is as cheap as it goes with supplements and is most definitely worth a trial run. The price is the thing that drew me in so I have to give this a full 10/10

Overall: 9.075/10
Not only is it cheap but Arganine AKG is tried and true. The only real draw-back is the tolerance thing so if you have been pretty heavy on a N.O. and just want a quick fix while you're waiting for your more expensive N.O. to arrive in the mail you might need to use a higher dose but it would be worth the purchase. If you have never used a N.O. or haven't used one in a while this would be great to start out with to get some great pumps but eventually you will probably end up spending more for the better N.O. products like Nitrox 2, Yok3d, etc...
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Build Tolerance Fast

I was looking for some more pump in the gym for a good price.But what i stumbled opon at vitamin shopee was awesome.30 servings for 10 bucks cant beat it.Can definitley feel a bigger pump and improved performance along with more solid muscle.The one thing is have to use before and after workout meaning a bottle only lasts 15 days.But for 10 $ sign me up mix in with your preworkout drink before workout.And then with your Protien drink after for maximum results full scoops.Also one more interesting point is look at the new SUPERPUMPMAX it uses L-citrulline well add a scoop of A_AKG powder and you get the old ingredient mixed with the new ones for a interesting experience feel the shock and awe!Do it big lets get crazy wuuuuuuh!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full

This is pure A-AKG Powder, period. No fillers or other useless stuff that you pay extra for in other products.

I started this about a week ago and the effects are immediate, very good pump and great recovery.

Only suggestion is to use 2 servings daily to increase the effectiveness.

This is worth the money and does the job.

Tastes like medicine, but it goes down quick when mixing with 4 oz water

Only suggestion is to use 2 servings daily to increase the effectiveness.

This is worth the money and does the job.

Tastes like medicine, but it goes down quick when mixing with 4 oz water
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Funny Taste

This is just your basic 3000 mg per scoop aakg product. I would take in pre-workout mixed with a scoop of Xtend.

Dosage(10)- very easy! Not hard mess up one even scoop haha!

Taste(5)- If you take it with just plain water Id down it shot style! Taste almost metallic you can say. However I mixed with Xtend sour lemon-lime and couldnt taste it at all, so it's easy to mask

Value(5)- Bought at Vitamin Shoppe for 14.99 exactly. However I did not feel I got 30 servings worth.

Dosage(10)- very easy! Not hard mess up one even scoop haha!

Container(5) Messy container when you open it and the scoop was covered in possibly a servings worth of powder!

Effectiveness(7)- Honestly hard to tell by itself because I took it with Xtend which has 1000mg of citrulline malate in it and along with that I was also running 2 scoops of Xtend intra. That little stack however did provide a good pump, just cant tell if it was more AAKG or Xtend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Scoops
  • Ok Pump
  • Ok Value
  • Funny Taste
  • Messy Bottle Container
  • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full

I wanted to like this supplement. From what I've read, I expected much.

I had been seeing and feeling some great pumps with straight L-Arginine and thought that for the price and the reviews this product should surpass it. It didn't. Maybe I did something wrong, but in most reviews I read people were mixing it with other NO products. I took it straight and was using C4 as a pre-workout.

I wanted to like this supplement. From what I've read, I expected much.

I paid the 14 or so dollars from Vitamin Shoppe and didn't get the 30 day supply. When I opened my container the product appeared to be filled to about half way. I thought this was weird, but the same thing happens to cereal when it settles...

Mixability/Texture: 8
It mixed fine as its a very finely ground powder. Its a little sour so you might want to mix it in something.

Effectiveness: 1
Boy, I hate to be such a downer here especially with all of the great reviews of this product...but it did nothing for me. What I was looking for was a stand alone product...personally, I'm thinking of buying in bulk and was hoping this would be one of those products. It may work fine mixed with something else of similar nature, (as I mentioned I took it with C4)...I didn't do that. I noticed no increased pumps, no increase in vascularity. I don't think I lost any muscle, the scale stayed the same during the cycle. But I after this I took Drive from Applied Nut., the scale stayed the same, but my muscles totally defined out. Maybe I got a bum product.

Price: 2
I'll give it a two because it is a great price if it works for you.

Overall: 1
I will not be buying this again...it didn't last long, the container is difficult to get the product out of and I saw no results of any kind. Is it possible I got an old bottle off the shelf of VS?

I'm kinda confused here, but wanted to share my results. Maybe I'm not alone. I will say that once my Creatine Mono (which I love) is gone, my next product is going to be Kre-Alkalyn Efx. I'll let you know how that works later.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Funny Taste
  • Messy Bottle Container
  • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full
tweedledum
  January 28, 2012

I was looking for a good N.O. booster and read a lot of good reviews about this product, thought why not try it. This is by far one of my favorite supplements now. I recommend this for others to try, it's cheap, simple, and you will have great results. What I mean by simple, it is 3g per serving of plain Jane Arginine Alpha- Ketoglutarate, not a proprietary blend.

Dosage/Taste 7/10 – I give this a seven because the dosage is a very small scoop of powder in about 4oz. of water (or less if you prefer) and it dissolves/mixes very easy, but the taste is indifferent, kind of metallic and kind of not, it's hard to describe. Now I really don't care about the taste as long as the product works and this one does, so down it like a shot and get ready.

Effectiveness 10/10 - This stuff is great, I take it 30mins before I work out. I start to feel the pump after just a few minutes of my routine. After 10-15 mins of workout my muscles are fully pumped up, and I'm blasting through my workout. I have to be honest I don't want to say that it helps me recover and I don't want to say that it doesn't. I take Modern BCAA during my workout and I know that helps me out, because I was supplementing that before I was taking this product and I can't say I felt a drastic change in recovery.

Value 10/10 - You can't beat this deal $15 at the store (cheaper online) for 30 servings, you will get bang for your buck on this one.

Overall 9/10 - This stuff is awesome, it worked great for me. I love it and I will continue to use it. I would say definitely try this out, the worst is you're out a few bucks. But I personally believe you will not be disappointed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Messy Bottle Container

i went through an entire bottle of this stuff and it was a solid product. this aakg product is almost dirt cheap and should be included in anyones stack. it definitely increased my pumps and energy. i used a scoop pre workout and i also added a scoop into my Xtend to drink during my workout. the pumps were great and it made my skin turn a little red due to the increased blood flow. i cant say for sure that this product increased my strength because i was also taking creating, protein, BCAA's, Xtend, and a few other supplements, but for the price it is definitely worth it. aakg has been tested and proven in studies to increase strength anyway so i can only assume that this did contribute to my strength increases. my only complaint (which attributes to the 8 overall) is that this stuff came in a giant heavy glass bottle that is filled barely 1/4 of the way. also, half of the powder was stuck to the sides and in places where the scoop couldnt reach very well, especially because the bottle opening is very small and inconvenient. also for some reason it was always messy to get the scoop out. the taste was a little bitter, but taste is the last thing i care about as long as the stuff works. besides the awful and messy bottle it comes in and the weird taste, i would absolutely recommend this product, especially for the price! at bb.com its under $7.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.