TROOP CP

A-AKG Powder Reviews

By: Olympian Labs

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #49 of 69 (better than 29%) in
Pre-Workout > Pump

A-AKG Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by Olympian Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

suppologist
  November 13, 2013

Overall:
Recently took interest in nitric oxide products because I was tired of all the stimulant based pre-workouts that made me feel cracked out. I happend to bump into this product while shopping for something else, I thought it was a great price for the amount of servings they offered so I decided to scoop it up. Wow, was I impressed after using it, Great pump, Great consistency. AAKG hasn't let me down even after finishing my first bottle. Wether I add it to one of my homemade pre-workouts or I use it by itself, it's always on point.

I definately give this item a 9 out 10, the AAKG gave me the pump I needed to get into the gym and kick some butt. By the end of my workouts I had the balloon type effect that didn't allow to curl the barbell because my arms where so swole(yeee). Also noticed, and im not sure if anyone else noticed this, an increase in my breathing; which I felt allowed me to force out a couple more reps.

Taste:
Doesn't really taste like anything, kind of has a salty taste. Easy to mix!!

Value:
Can't argue with the value they provide. 30 servings for no more than 15 buckaroos, and it works...people you got a deal. Great quality product, certainly deliver what they claim to be providing. 1g per serving, usually a higher dosing then other products I've looked into.

Worked for me, I didn't expect much but got more than what I was looking for. Really suprised. Give it a try, Honestly it's inexpensive; add it to a preworkout or do take it by itself when you get tired of everything else. I'd recommend you cycle on and off, just to keep the effectiveness of the product like with any other supplement.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
    Chapa
      July 24, 2012

This is just your basic 3000 mg per scoop aakg product. I would take in pre-workout mixed with a scoop of Xtend.

Dosage(10)- very easy! Not hard mess up one even scoop haha!

Taste(5)- If you take it with just plain water Id down it shot style! Taste almost metallic you can say. However I mixed with Xtend sour lemon-lime and couldnt taste it at all, so it's easy to mask

Value(5)- Bought at Vitamin Shoppe for 14.99 exactly. However I did not feel I got 30 servings worth.

Container(5) Messy container when you open it and the scoop was covered in possibly a servings worth of powder!

Effectiveness(7)- Honestly hard to tell by itself because I took it with Xtend which has 1000mg of citrulline malate in it and along with that I was also running 2 scoops of Xtend intra. That little stack however did provide a good pump, just cant tell if it was more AAKG or Xtend.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Small Scoops
    • Ok Pump
    • Ok Value
    • Funny Taste
    • Messy Bottle Container
    • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full
    deggman
      May 30, 2012

I wanted to like this supplement. From what I've read, I expected much.

I had been seeing and feeling some great pumps with straight L-Arginine and thought that for the price and the reviews this product should surpass it. It didn't. Maybe I did something wrong, but in most reviews I read people were mixing it with other NO products. I took it straight and was using C4 as a pre-workout.

I paid the 14 or so dollars from Vitamin Shoppe and didn't get the 30 day supply. When I opened my container the product appeared to be filled to about half way. I thought this was weird, but the same thing happens to cereal when it settles...

Mixability/Texture: 8
    It mixed fine as its a very finely ground powder. Its a little sour so you might want to mix it in something.

Effectiveness: 1
    Boy, I hate to be such a downer here especially with all of the great reviews of this product...but it did nothing for me. What I was looking for was a stand alone product...personally, I'm thinking of buying in bulk and was hoping this would be one of those products. It may work fine mixed with something else of similar nature, (as I mentioned I took it with C4)...I didn't do that. I noticed no increased pumps, no increase in vascularity. I don't think I lost any muscle, the scale stayed the same during the cycle. But I after this I took Drive from Applied Nut., the scale stayed the same, but my muscles totally defined out. Maybe I got a bum product.

Price: 2
    I'll give it a two because it is a great price if it works for you.

Overall: 1
    I will not be buying this again...it didn't last long, the container is difficult to get the product out of and I saw no results of any kind. Is it possible I got an old bottle off the shelf of VS?

I'm kinda confused here, but wanted to share my results. Maybe I'm not alone. I will say that once my Creatine Mono (which I love) is gone, my next product is going to be Kre-Alkalyn Efx. I'll let you know how that works later.
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Funny Taste
      • Messy Bottle Container
      • Bottle Is 1/4 Of The Way Full
      tweedledum
        January 28, 2012

I was looking for a good N.O. booster and read a lot of good reviews about this product, thought why not try it. This is by far one of my favorite supplements now. I recommend this for others to try, it's cheap, simple, and you will have great results. What I mean by simple, it is 3g per serving of plain Jane Arginine Alpha- Ketoglutarate, not a proprietary blend.

Dosage/Taste 7/10 – I give this a seven because the dosage is a very small scoop of powder in about 4oz. of water (or less if you prefer) and it dissolves/mixes very easy, but the taste is indifferent, kind of metallic and kind of not, it's hard to describe. Now I really don't care about the taste as long as the product works and this one does, so down it like a shot and get ready.

Effectiveness 10/10 - This stuff is great, I take it 30mins before I work out. I start to feel the pump after just a few minutes of my routine. After 10-15 mins of workout my muscles are fully pumped up, and I'm blasting through my workout. I have to be honest I don't want to say that it helps me recover and I don't want to say that it doesn't. I take Modern BCAA during my workout and I know that helps me out, because I was supplementing that before I was taking this product and I can't say I felt a drastic change in recovery.

Value 10/10 - You can't beat this deal $15 at the store (cheaper online) for 30 servings, you will get bang for your buck on this one.

Overall 9/10 - This stuff is awesome, it worked great for me. I love it and I will continue to use it. I would say definitely try this out, the worst is you're out a few bucks. But I personally believe you will not be disappointed.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
      Vermonster
        January 22, 2012

I have used Olympian Lab's AAKG many, many times over the last few years for pumps in the gym in addition to simple sexual performance enhancement out of the gym. The price, effectiveness, and ease of use ensure that I always keep some of this around.

Taste/Mixability (7)

Alright many will not enjoy this "flour mixed with mothball taste" but I have downed much worse and it mixes quick and easy in a shot glass so I can't complain. Couple of stirs and it dissolves almost instantly.

Pump/Effectiveness (9)

While I have used products like Nitrox II and enjoyed them, imo AAKG powder added pre-workout or pre-sex works just as well in most cases. I'm not really driven by pumps when I lift. I enjoy them but at times a 'skin-tearing pump' impedes my lifting more then it motivates me. That being said a scoop (3g) or 2 (6g) taken pre-workout or about 45 minutes pre-sex really gets that blood flowing. I believe this product contributes positively to my endurance as well.

Value (10)

This stuff is priced so that anyone can try it and not break their bank. Even if you take a pre-workout that claims to enhance pump (White Flood, Jacked, Assault) the addition of AAKG will provide a noticeable difference which well warrants the cost which is usually $10 or less for about 30 dosages (at 3g).

In Closing

This is the kind of product that I have had the best luck cycling. I would not use AAKG 7 days a week 365 days a year but perhaps that will work for you. I enjoy throwing AAKG in my pre-workouts when my vanity dictates I just wanna be swoll. I particularly like using this and other NO2 products on chest day.

Alternately while I enjoy sex just fine without AAKG, I have found that 3-6g 45 minutes before sex has tremendous benefits to my girth, bloodflow, intensity of orgasm, and sexual stamina. To be honest I thought another review of this product was neccesary mainly so that I could share these sexual enhancement benefits.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
        powerbottom
          June 23, 2011

I got this stuff because of the relatively low price. I like the "pump" I'd get from other NO products but the price always seemed too high for something I always saw as impractical. I mix this in with my jack3d and take it along with some krealkaline. I saw noticeable pumps when I first started using it to the point where my shirts started feeling tighter around the sleeves. Though it tastes kinda metallic and the glass bottle seems to get chunks stuck in the edges, I still think it was well worth the price range. I don't know if it's just in my head but I feel like the pumps have become less effective as time has gone on. I may need to cycle off longer?
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Pump
        • Feel Like I May Have Become Tolerant
        RDgulls
          June 22, 2011

In terms of value this is the best supp i have ever used. I hate the price of alot of pump products and when i saw this for $10 i thought, why not, and added it to my pwo stack. Best decision ive ever made.

Dosing/other supps: added one scoop to my pwo (animal rage), along with 2 opened kre-alkalyn caps.

Effectiveness: Wow, so the first time i used this supp i was an arms day and i had to drop the wieght towards the end of the workout just to finish because the pumps were that great. And throughout the entire jar i had the same experience, even on leg days i had great pumps, i had to cut some cardio short because my calves were getting so pumped. I actually got a forearm pump while doing dead lift just from holding the bar.

Negatives: the only problems with this supp are the messy container and a real bitter taste but i dont take anything away on taste

Overall: This product blew my mind, i have paid over $50 for a product that gave half the pumps this $10 supp did. If you are looking for a great way to add real cheap pumps to your workout look no further. Hope this helps
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Pump
        just5foods
          April 5, 2011

Olympia Labs A-AKG I first thought "why not its only 10 bucks can't go to wrong with that". So my first use I used one scoop in my jack3d and my performance in the gym was threw the roof. I remember thinking "WHOA! This is awesome" but after a few weeks I realized I built up a tolerance really fast. Lately I've been using it to create my own little PWO ***tail which consists of A-AKG, Citrulline Malate, Con-Cret, and Jacked. This has done wonders for my pumps, strength, vascularity, and confidence.

Mixability/Texture: 9.1/10
        It mixes fine but if you used it alone with water then it has a very bitter taste so I recommend to always mix it with something that has flavor (i.e. Gatorade, pwo supp.)

Ingredient Profile: 9.3/10
        This product is just straight A-AKG at 3,000 mg per scoop. No filler and no secrets here.

Effectiveness: 7.9/10
        It works great until you build a tolerance to it than its kinda just regular. I have experienced using it with other N.O. products stacked to see if I could find some sort of combination that would lead me to more "pumps" after I built a rather high tolerance but with no success so I typically cycle off for a couple weeks so when I come back I start at a lower dose and enjoy that amazing "im a freaking beast" type feeling.

Price: 10/10
        you can't beat it... 10 bucks is as cheap as it goes with supplements and is most definitely worth a trial run. The price is the thing that drew me in so I have to give this a full 10/10

Overall: 9.075/10
        Not only is it cheap but Arganine AKG is tried and true. The only real draw-back is the tolerance thing so if you have been pretty heavy on a N.O. and just want a quick fix while you're waiting for your more expensive N.O. to arrive in the mail you might need to use a higher dose but it would be worth the purchase. If you have never used a N.O. or haven't used one in a while this would be great to start out with to get some great pumps but eventually you will probably end up spending more for the better N.O. products like Nitrox 2, Yok3d, etc...
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Pump
        • Build Tolerance Fast
        REPOUT225
          February 26, 2011

I was looking for some more pump in the gym for a good price.But what i stumbled opon at vitamin shopee was awesome.30 servings for 10 bucks cant beat it.Can definitley feel a bigger pump and improved performance along with more solid muscle.The one thing is have to use before and after workout meaning a bottle only lasts 15 days.But for 10 $ sign me up mix in with your preworkout drink before workout.And then with your Protien drink after for maximum results full scoops.Also one more interesting point is look at the new SUPERPUMPMAX it uses L-citrulline well add a scoop of A_AKG powder and you get the old ingredient mixed with the new ones for a interesting experience feel the shock and awe!Do it big lets get crazy wuuuuuuh!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Pump
        Frankiemusc
          August 3, 2010

This is pure A-AKG Powder, period. No fillers or other useless stuff that you pay extra for in other products.

I started this about a week ago and the effects are immediate, very good pump and great recovery.

Only suggestion is to use 2 servings daily to increase the effectiveness.

This is worth the money and does the job.

Tastes like medicine, but it goes down quick when mixing with 4 oz water
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Pump
        • Funny Taste

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.