Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Pump > Olympian Labs > A-AKG Powder > Reviews

A-AKG Powder

By Olympian Labs
A-AKG Powder Olympian Labs
8.0/10
(Weighted average based on 20 Reviews)

Ranks #6 of 52 (better than 90%)
in Pre-Workout > Pump
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Who Knew

Overall:
Overall:
Recently took interest in nitric oxide products because I was tired of all the stimulant based pre-workouts that made me feel cracked out. I happend to bump into this product while shopping for something else, I thought it was a great price for the amount of servings they offered so I decided to scoop it up. Wow, was I impressed after using it, Great pump, Great consistency. AAKG hasn't let me down even after finishing my first bottle. Wether I add it to one of my homemade pre-workouts or I use it by itself, it's always on point.

I definately give this item a 9 out 10, the AAKG gave me the pump I needed to get into the gym and kick some butt. By the end of my workouts I had the balloon type effect that didn't allow to curl the barbell because my arms where so swole(yeee). Also noticed, and im not sure if anyone else noticed this, an increase in my breathing; which I felt allowed me to force out a couple more reps.

Taste:
Doesn't really taste like anything, kind of has a salty taste. Easy to mix!!

Value:
Can't argue with the value they provide. 30 servings for no more than 15 buckaroos, and it works...people you got a deal. Great quality product, certainly deliver what they claim to be providing. 1g per serving, usually a higher dosing then other products I've looked into.

Worked for me, I didn't expect much but got more than what I was looking for. Really suprised. Give it a try, Honestly it's inexpensive; add it to a preworkout or do take it by itself when you get tired of everything else. I'd recommend you cycle on and off, just to keep the effectiveness of the product like with any other supplement.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Small Scoops

garlick

Posted November 13, 2013
    nice first review.

I am very pleased with this product and very glad I found it

When i was out of supernos pump I was pretty disappointed to find that no walmart in my area carried it anymore, and I am not going to order of walmart.com "just dont trust em". So I was at my local Vitamin Shoppe just stocking up, when I came across this. I looked at the ingredients and just saw It was straight up arginine aakg, which is what supernos pump is, only it was only $10!! so much cheaper! so I said why not? Wow, i am impressed!

Effectiveness:9.5/10- Considering this is plain ol' arginine I had one of the most biggest and fullest pumps I have ever had within years! even BETTER than supernos pump, yeah i said it BETTER! I took one serving "3g's" along with my jack3d, and I definitely noticed more endurance in my workouts and definitely great pumps! and I also noticed my recovery improved. I would say this is a highly effective product and probably the best arginine supplement I have ever used.

Taste:8/10- I didnt mind to try this single handedly. I did the same thing I would do with supernos pump when i took it, I mixed it up with my jack3d. Overall it is tasteless, I did notice my jack3d was more bitter with this mixed in, but nothing to fuss about. Overall taste is nothing.

Value:10/10- At $10 bucks for 30 servings, to me that is a steal! Great value for a very good supplement.

Overall:9.5/10- I am very pleased with this product and very glad I found it. Effectiveness is near perfect, taste is almost unnoticeable, value is absolutely great! I am surprised ya'll dont brag about this more than you do with supernos pump lol. Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a very good arginine product!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump

Posted June 20, 2010
    so do u take it with the jackd or do u take it before? can u just add it to the mix? like all in the same drink??

I got this stuff because of the relatively low price

I got this stuff because of the relatively low price. I like the "pump" I'd get from other NO products but the price always seemed too high for something I always saw as impractical. I mix this in with my jack3d and take it along with some krealkaline. I saw noticeable pumps when I first started using it to the point where my shirts started feeling tighter around the sleeves. Though it tastes kinda metallic and the glass bottle seems to get chunks stuck in the edges, I still think it was well worth the price range. I don't know if it's just in my head but I feel like the pumps have become less effective as time has gone on. I may need to cycle off longer?

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Feel Like I May Have Become Tolerant
    • Messy Bottle Container

Not only is it cheap but Arganine AKG is tried and true

Olympia Labs A-AKG I first thought "why not its only 10 bucks can't go to wrong with that". So my first use I used one scoop in my jack3d and my performance in the gym was threw the roof. I remember thinking "WHOA! This is awesome" but after a few weeks I realized I built up a tolerance really fast. Lately I've been using it to create my own little PWO ***tail which consists of A-AKG, Citrulline Malate, Con-Cret, and Jacked. This has done wonders for my pumps, strength, vascularity, and confidence.

Mixability/Texture: 9.1/10
    It mixes fine but if you used it alone with water then it has a very bitter taste so I recommend to always mix it with something that has flavor (i.e. Gatorade, pwo supp.)

Ingredient Profile: 9.3/10
    This product is just straight A-AKG at 3,000 mg per scoop. No filler and no secrets here.

Effectiveness: 7.9/10
    It works great until you build a tolerance to it than its kinda just regular. I have experienced using it with other N.O. products stacked to see if I could find some sort of combination that would lead me to more "pumps" after I built a rather high tolerance but with no success so I typically cycle off for a couple weeks so when I come back I start at a lower dose and enjoy that amazing "im a freaking beast" type feeling.

Price: 10/10
    you can't beat it... 10 bucks is as cheap as it goes with supplements and is most definitely worth a trial run. The price is the thing that drew me in so I have to give this a full 10/10

Overall: 9.075/10
    Not only is it cheap but Arganine AKG is tried and true. The only real draw-back is the tolerance thing so if you have been pretty heavy on a N.O. and just want a quick fix while you're waiting for your more expensive N.O. to arrive in the mail you might need to use a higher dose but it would be worth the purchase. If you have never used a N.O. or haven't used one in a while this would be great to start out with to get some great pumps but eventually you will probably end up spending more for the better N.O. products like Nitrox 2, Yok3d, etc...

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Build Tolerance Fast

Posted April 5, 2011
    I forgot to mention the "messy bottle container" its pretty bad but what i do is dump it in a empty jack3d container and it works out just fine.

Posted April 5, 2011
    Excellent review and format followed.. reading the reviews on this, I have decided to run a bottle... shall have my review once completed.... but truthful and honest reviews are laudable...

Can definitley feel a bigger pump and improved performance

I was looking for some more pump in the gym for a good price.But what i stumbled opon at vitamin shopee was awesome.30 servings for 10 bucks cant beat it.Can definitley feel a bigger pump and improved performance along with more solid muscle.The one thing is have to use before and after workout meaning a bottle only lasts 15 days.But for 10 $ sign me up mix in with your preworkout drink before workout.And then with your Protien drink after for maximum results full scoops.Also one more interesting point is look at the new SUPERPUMPMAX it uses L-citrulline well add a scoop of A_AKG powder and you get the old ingredient mixed with the new ones for a interesting experience feel the shock and awe!Do it big lets get crazy wuuuuuuh!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump

Frankiemusc

Started this about a week ago and the effects are immediate, very good pump & great recovery

This is pure A-AKG Powder, period. No fillers or other useless stuff that you pay extra for in other products.

I started this about a week ago and the effects are immediate, very good pump and great recovery.

Only suggestion is to use 2 servings daily to increase the effectiveness.

This is worth the money and does the job.

Tastes like medicine, but it goes down quick when mixing with 4 oz water

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump

Posted August 3, 2010
    This is a pretty damn good product. I take one scoop right when I wake up with 2g of beta alanine and then again with my 1MR before I hit my workout. Simply amazing. For $10 you cant go wrong with it either.

This stuff is plain and simple

This stuff is plain and simple. i took this stuff before my workout, the greatest pump i have ever had. and the best part only $10 for 30 servings. i feel the blood flowing through my body, veins just started popping out and an energy boost to boot.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Weird Dreams

RDgulls

This product blew my mind

In terms of value this is the best supp i have ever used. I hate the price of alot of pump products and when i saw this for $10 i thought, why not, and added it to my pwo stack. Best decision ive ever made.

Dosing/other supps: added one scoop to my pwo (animal rage), along with 2 opened kre-alkalyn caps.

Effectiveness: Wow, so the first time i used this supp i was an arms day and i had to drop the wieght towards the end of the workout just to finish because the pumps were that great. And throughout the entire jar i had the same experience, even on leg days i had great pumps, i had to cut some cardio short because my calves were getting so pumped. I actually got a forearm pump while doing dead lift just from holding the bar.

Negatives: the only problems with this supp are the messy container and a real bitter taste but i dont take anything away on taste

Overall: This product blew my mind, i have paid over $50 for a product that gave half the pumps this $10 supp did. If you are looking for a great way to add real cheap pumps to your workout look no further. Hope this helps

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump

At around $10.00 a bottle & getting great pumps every time I am at the gym

I have always been a fan of NO supplements but the price have been an issue. I am not a rich person & I am very careful how I spend my hard earned cash. And other "cheap alternatives" out there have been just snake oils. However, this product is very amazing. It might not be NO2 or whatever, but it has the components of Arginine & Alpha Keto Glutarate, which is what makes NO so effective. And the price is very affordable. At around $10.00 a bottle & getting great pumps every time I am at the gym, is worth stocking up on. I bought one bottle the first time as a skeptic. The week after, I bought about 3 bottles for keeps. The only problem I see is that some of the powder stays stuck in the bottom of the bottle since the bottle is actually glass & not plastic. But other than that, I recommend it to anyone seeking a least expensive supplement based on NO & wants it to actually work. Peace.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Pump

Posted February 20, 2011
    i was going to get this over regular arginine but i went the cheaper route. great review

Zangief

I went through an entire bottle of this stuff and it was a solid product

i went through an entire bottle of this stuff and it was a solid product. this aakg product is almost dirt cheap and should be included in anyones stack. it definitely increased my pumps and energy. i used a scoop pre workout and i also added a scoop into my Xtend to drink during my workout. the pumps were great and it made my skin turn a little red due to the increased blood flow. i cant say for sure that this product increased my strength because i was also taking creating, protein, BCAA's, Xtend, and a few other supplements, but for the price it is definitely worth it. aakg has been tested and proven in studies to increase strength anyway so i can only assume that this did contribute to my strength increases. my only complaint (which attributes to the 8 overall) is that this stuff came in a giant heavy glass bottle that is filled barely 1/4 of the way. also, half of the powder was stuck to the sides and in places where the scoop couldnt reach very well, especially because the bottle opening is very small and inconvenient. also for some reason it was always messy to get the scoop out. the taste was a little bitter, but taste is the last thing i care about as long as the stuff works. besides the awful and messy bottle it comes in and the weird taste, i would absolutely recommend this product, especially for the price! at bb.com its under $7.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Small Scoops
    • Great Pump