T-Up Black

By: Nutrex

T-Up Black is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Nutrex. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Does T-Up Black work?
WarMachine
  August 11, 2012

Okay SR bros, time for a long overdue review of another supplement. Today, we will talk about Nutrex's DAA supplement T-up black. To begin, some of you who followed my AD-3 log know that I used T-up black as part of my maintenance regimen during Ramadan. Ramadan is almost over and after about a three week off period I will be using a stack of endosurge, AI's DAA, muscle marinade, and AD-3. I decided not to go with dermacrine for particular reasons. I'll explain in more detail in the forum section sometime within next week. Getting back to the review, I would that T-up black is a relatively decent test booster, but there were some flaws that I would like to detail.

Taste (N/A): They are capsules so taste is not applicable here. There was not after taste or gut discomfort upon ingestion.

Ingredient Profile (8):

Massularia Acuminata *
Vitamin B6 100%
Folic Acid 100%
Vitamin B12 100%

As you can see, the ingredients are listed in a proprietary blend. However, further research led me to discover that there is in fact a solid 3g of DAA in T-up black. To break down the blend quantity it would look something like this:

Sodium D-aspartate: 3,000mg
Massularia Acuminata: 100mg
Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B12 would make up the remaining 27 mg.

As I am sure everyone knows by now, sodium D-aspartate is the prime test boosting ingredient that has received much popularity in the supplement industry as a result of its proven efficacy in human trials. Concerning the other ingredients, individuals familar with USP labs' test booster pink magic would most likely know what Massularia Acuminata would be. It is a plant species that has been indicated to have positive effects on testosterone levels. Unfortunately, I was not able to find much information about the indicated effective does. Therefore, I have know way of telling if it is properly dosed in this product. The other ingredients are general b-vitamins essential to testosterone support and utilization. Overall, a decent ingredient profile considering it has the effective DAA dosage.

Usage (7): The product instructs users to undergo a loading phase by taking ten capsules a day for the first ten days. Seems excessive, but there have been indications that "loading" DAA at the beginning of a cycle may increase its effectiveness. After the ten day loading period, the general five capsule serving size is taken for the remainder of the cycle. Two weeks prior to Ramadan, I followed the loading protocol and took the supplement for another three weeks at the general dosage. Not overly complicated, but I am not sure if the loading protocol was necessary.

Effectiveness (8): I give the product an eight for efficacy because it did in fact seem to do its job in helping to keep me anabolic when stacked with AD-3. I did experience some strength gains and an occasional pump during a majority of my workouts. There was also a boost in libido, which is obviously a good thing, but since I am not allowed to engage in sexual activity during Ramadan, you could imagine that this increase was somewhat tormenting. I give it an eight because I am not going to equate these benefits 100% to t-up black since it was stacked with AD-3 and an array of other supplements. So in all, it is an effective addition to a natty test support stack.

Value (7): T-up black goes for about 27-38 dollars. Not overly priced, but because the product instructs the ten day loading phase, you'll obviously need more than pone bottle for a full 6-8 week cycle. This can add up to a bit of an expense depending on exactly how long you wish to run the supplement. I was able to get two bottles for 50 dollars which lasted me throughout the cycle I ran it for. Not bad, but clearly not the cheapest stuff around.

Side effects (5): In terms of side effects, there was a little bit of an increase in acne and some occasional unprecedented aggression. Nevertheless, these side effects were minimal and did not cause major issues.

Overall (7): I will give t-up black an overall seven. It is most definitely worth a try and does in fact make a good addition to a natty test boosting regimen. However, its price and inquired need for a loading phase gives this supplement some negative rep points. I am going to assume that perhaps the loading phase is in fact a good idea because of the efficacy I experienced, but many users would most likely see this as an inconvenience and unnecessarily. As a result, they may neglect to follow this and most likely be disappointed by a potential lack of results. My recommendation would be to follow the loading protocol to be on the safe side. Also, do some shopping around for the best deals on this product especially if you are going to run an extended cycle.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Occasional Pump
  • Strength Gains
  • Can Seem Expensive Depending On How Much You Need
  • Requires A Loading Phase
  • Pimples But Not Too Bad

• chichistrong
    August 11, 2012

I have not been able to find a research based recommendation on this whole loading bull*** they claim. It can be just another gimmick like it was with creatine in the 90's with its need to load. The studies were made with 3100 mg +/- of DAA, no loading phase or BS like that. You also have to consider saturation, some nutrients that the body cannot utilize or does not not need are simply thrown out. Either way good review brother.
  • WarMachine
    August 11, 2012

I had a hunch that was the case. Thanks for clarifying it though.

Haven't written a review on here in a long time and figured this product hasn't received it's due credit.
Label says 10 per day for 10 days, maintain 5 per day until end of bottle. So that is how I took it. And I did take 2 bottles, (which is safe according to directions, 10x10 followed by 5x40, pillsXdays)
I'm a firm believer in an initial "placebo effect". Therefore when I began this product and noticed my sex Drive was through the roof and road rage was heightened, I shrugged it off at first.
Not...
Not until the about the 4th day of pretty intense aggression towards other Drivers, and upwards of 3 "bedroom relations" did I realize this was the real deal and my Test must have increased. I wouldn't say the heightened aggression would be on the same level as Anabolics, but it would be careful if already have a problem in that area.

Muscle wise- I switched gyms almost immediately starting this product. Came back for a "free day" at the gym I had recently quit with a friend, and received a TON of compliments about how "huge" I've gotten.
"holy S***, what are you taking? Your Arms and Delts look huge". And other things along those lines.
I'm a very hard gainer and that is why I chose to tamper with a "test" product period. And chose this because it seems clearly the safest. Having said that, I've been stuck at 148-150 for a few months and this product helped me get up to 153, while not putting the 5 pounds in my abdomen. So I'm very very pleased.
All while following the same routine/schedule/and eating habits.

All in all, I spent 68$'s(2 bottles @ at 34$ea) at "The Supplement Warehouse" in Milwaukee for a 50 day Test product making me very happy and would recommend for any other Hard gainers like myself, or anyone stuck in a plateau that thinks a T-Booster could help them.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decently Priced
  • Pimples But Not Too Bad

• Durden998
    February 25, 2011

This is a DAA product right? I've been very curious about this stuff nice review. I think I'll give some of this a shot sometime
  • 4drteg
    February 25, 2011

Yes, that is correct. D-Aspartic Acid. And from what I've read, it's simply an Amino Acid that we are lacking, which is what makes it so safe.
    Can't wait till Gaspari's come out! I'm cycling off T-up right now to check that out soon!
  • joshwawewa
    Rep: -2
    February 25, 2011

When you say pimples, do you mean like on your face or just your back or both?
  • mlbohanan
    February 25, 2011

Do you need a SERM for natty boosters?
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.