This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Outrage

Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Reviews

By: Nutrex

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Nutrex. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Outrage
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

watsec01
  November 22, 2013

Compared to c4, no xplode, jacked 3d, and 1 M.R, they don't compare to Hemo Rage black ultra concentrate. Effects/: 9/10
One of my favorite supplements on the market now. This product is a standout to me because of the focus you receive after taking it. Most pre workouts usually don't give me the sensation I got when I took hemo rage. Another good part of hemo rage is that it doesn't wear down throughout the workout. After using c4 for a few weeks my body got dramatically use to it therefore there was no point to take it. Also there is no side effects. Hemo rage gives you the push you need and doesn't wear out.

Taste: 6/10
Brusin' Berry was the flavor I got and to be quite honest it was awful. The flavor is very tart and wasn't too fun to drink. The good thing is though I don't care about the flavor but more the effects, and the effects are worth the bad taste.
Mixability 9/10:
Unless you take a while to drink it (settles to the bottom) it mixes very well in water.

Overall: 9.5/10
Nutrex did very well in making hemo rage and it is my favorite pre workout. After using multiple types of pre workout I found that there isn't another one that gives you the focus that you need to have a great workout. Taste is lacking but the outcome of taking hemo rage is very positive.
  • Increased Focus
Lovoi
  March 24, 2013

Hey everyone, i have to say that this is probably my least favorite pre workout supplement ive taken.

I also discovered this product at GNC and had high hopes when the employee there said it wa his favorite pre workout.

i bought the sucker punch flavor and it terms of taste it is the wort tasting product ive had besides ravage and tasts deservingly recieves 3/10

Once i get into the gym though i was an animal. i just kept doing set after set and added reps on every set. My body was so itchy and tingely the first time but that eventually went away after a few more times taking it. all in all though my strength did get better so strength gains recieve 8/10

Unfortunately id never crashed so hard in my life until i started taking this product. every time after i took this four hours later i would immediately crash and get extremely naseous. i decided to finish using the product though.

All in all this product did get me stronger but i payed a price by always crashing after taking it
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Sets
  • Beast Mode
  • Reps Increase
  • Dirty Feeling
  • Nauseous
  • Flavor Needs Work
  • Felt Groggy
supppup
  March 20, 2013

Friends used to joke that Hemorage Ultra would cause hemorrhoids when taken, but ass or not, i gave it a try, and boy, i would have to say this is the best Stim based pre workout i have ever taken.

Pre workouts i have tried so far, all are great in their own respective way in which i have benefited greatly, some not so much: Cellucor C4, Jack3d Micro, Original Jack3d, Craze, No Xplode.

Mixability (8/10):
------------------
Mixes easily if you stir it. Recommend you do not mix it in a shaker. The mixture becomes foamy and tastes awful.

Overall Taste (6/10):
--------------
As per above, if you shake to mix it, the taste will be around 3/10. Over 3 years i have only used 3 tubs of this product. I've tried 3 flavors:

Berry (6/10): This was the first flavor i tried. Did not taste anything like Berries, and i found it quite hard to consume. Although once you taste the Craze version of Berry, this would seem rather pleasant.

Watermelon (2/10): I wasn't sure which country my taste buds took a holiday to, but while watermelon smelled great, i purchased a tub of watermelon based on other user's reviews and it was so horrible i gave away the entire tub after trying one scoop.

Lemon (8/10): By far the best tasting flavor so far. Very close to a lemonade taste and was able to down a serving easily.

Motivation (10/10):
---------------------------
15 - 20 mins after consuming one scoop, i get this feeling that i'm ready for the gym. It's not a heavy stim feeling which i get from Craze, instead it's a subtle suggestion whispering to me "it's time to hit the gym".

Strength (9/10):
-----------------
Primary reason i use Hemorage Ultra. Of all the pre workouts i listed, this is by far the best pre workout for strength. I wrote a Jack3d Micro review in which i found Micro to be beneficial to the amount of weight i could lift, but with Micro, it took a lot of sets before the strength gain kicked it. With Hemorage, i could lift heavy from the get go, from my very first set, without warmups, i could lift much heavier than usual.

Endurance (5/10):
-----------------
Due to the Dimethylhexanemine in the product, i felt it was detrimental to my endurance levels. Perhaps i was lifting so heavy that no matter what my endurance level was at, i was depleting my endurance stores.

Pump (2/10):
------------
This product doesn't give any pump or NO effect. I had to mix one scoop with Jack3d Micro to get a pump effect. If you only want pump, this isn't the product for you.

Overall (9/10):
---------------
I was after a pre workout that assisted with my strength to plow through plateaus. It did just that. One scoop is only required, though i could tell you that this gave me stim dick and while the caffeine content in this product is hidden as part of their blend, one scoop at 4pm and i still can't sleep at 12pm.

I'd like to point out that with most pre workouts, they recommend you take it on an empty stomach, or consume one hour after a medium to heavy meal.

You can take this 10 minutes after a light to medium meal and you will still feel the full effects.

Strongly recommend this product. This review is based on a tub that still contains Dimethylhexanamine. I understand that Nutrex may have recently reformatted their ingredient list and have taken taken out the dimeth.

I would recommend anyone wishing to purchase this product to look carefully at the ingredients.

• Takes Too Long To Wear Off
Judd90
  January 25, 2013

Here is Nutrex's equivalent of jack3d and other concentrated pre-workout formula. This formula concentrates around a few key ingredients being Creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, geranium extract (DMAE), Taurine, Caffine and L-AAKG. Combined together these make for a very potent pre workout formula.

Taste – 9/10
This has to be the best tasting pre workout formula I have ever tasted. The orange flavour just tastes like a sour orangeade, which I loved. The mixing isn't the best however as I always end up with some left in the bottom of my shaker cup.

Effectiveness – 9/10
The only reason this doesn't get any higher is due to the lack of pump I get from it. All I needed for the duration of the tub was one scoop. They say on the tub DO NOT EXCEED ONE SCOOP. And they are spot on with this one. I never found myself wanting to use more than the one scoop and the workouts I get from it were extreme. So much energy, so much focus so much more strength. I also found that I would perspire so much more on this product compared to other pre workouts and judging by comparison of ingredient profiles and not seeing any strong thermogenics within it, it must have just been the intensity of my workout.
As a slight negative I did find I would crash after my leg sessions, but that was just because of the sheer intensity and energy expended during the session. And if you aren't crashing after legs then you aren't training them hard enough!

Ingredients – 8/10
I know this supplement doesn't claim to be an intense PUMP inducing pre workout but I feel that it would benefit from the addition of L-citrulline to complete the formula and then it would be pretty close to perfect for me.

Value – 9/10
This scores great for value as you never have to exceed the one scoop serving. That makes for over a month's supply and varying between £25 and £30 that does down as one of the best value for money PWO's on the market for me. Many people will be sensitive and may have to start at half a scoop and build up from there, which makes for even better value.

Overall – 9/10
This is my favourite PWO formula to date and I think it may continue to be for a very long time. The workouts I have had with this pre workout are unrivalled in terms of results and intensity. It has however been banned in the UK now due to the DMAE within the product so I will be on the search for something to rival it/try Nurtex's revised formula if they decide to bring one out. The value is also massively in its favour and I would highly recommend this supplement to anyone who wants to try something different from the norm of Jack3d/craze/Xplode
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Sets
  • Beast Mode
  • Good Price
  • Tunnel Vison
  • Tastes Great
  • Some Of The Product Settles During Mixing
ava5147
  August 10, 2012

Okay, So I've taken this off and on a few times.. bout time I review it.

Taste & Mixability (6/10)

This is really the least weighted category for me. Whenever I take it I mix with about 2 oz of water shoot it down, then mix the remaining bits of powder w/ water and rinse down the rest... Taste is okay I guess.

Effectiveness (8/10)

If you asked me the first two weeks, this would have gotten a 10, but as with most preworkouts the effectiveness diminishes over continued use. I started finding myself using more and more of this product, which brings me onto the next aspect... nausea. If I didn't make sure to take food about 1 1/2 hours before I'd surely feel a little sick. Other than that this product gave me awesome energy in the gym, and a heightened degree of mental clarity. I would be so motivated to lift & stay in the gym longer, as compared to other days (when I didn't take), where I'd find myself wondering if I was reallllllly gonna do abs that day or skip out early.

Value (9/10)

To me, this is within fair price range for a preworkout.. I think it lasted a better portin of a month, and it was like 22 bucks (free shipping with minimum order amount).

All in all great product. I wouldn't go sofar to say its the BEST ever... but what is. It's definitely in my upper tier supplement list for pwouts.
  • Tunnel Vison
GodofSerbia1
  April 11, 2012

Forewarning: Literally puked 3 times before even getting into the gym from this product.

I purchased '90 servings' of Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Bruisin' Berry flavor for $28.99 from Bodybuilding.com. My buddy ranted about this product being insane! Honestly, it is just loaded with DMAA and a ton of caffeine, giving you an insane energy boost only to crash horribly after whatever workout you can manage.

Pump 1/10 (non-existant): Did not notice any pump from this product. It says it has L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate but it is probably a tiny dose. Did not have any strength boost.

Energy and Focus (2/10): Too much 1,3 DMAA and Caffeine really made my head spin. I felt all psycho in my head and extremely dizzy. That is why I ended up puking before even making it to the gym a couple times. I always took this product after a very light meal or protein shake so it is not like I was on an empty stomach.

Taste (1/10): Bruisin' Berry was plan horrible. Maybe the other flavors are better and I know taste SHOULDN'T MATTER , but Hemo-Rage Ultra Concentrate is a good product to suck it up for the flavor.

Value (4/10): I'm really disappointed that Nutrex tried to pull this "Ultra-Concentrated" ploy by saying there is 90 servings. Each serving is supposed to be 1/3 a scoop. Taking 1/3 a scoop does nothing. So I ended up taking a full scoop by the third workout. The value is misleading and that is why I rate it so low.

Conclusion: Hemo-Rage is over-stimulated. You crash hard. You do not get good pumps. The serving size and servings per container is very misleading. Would not recommend this product. Especially not to anyone looking to workout for over 30 minutes. No sustained pumps or energy. Taste was very bad.

Fair and Honest,
GodofSerbia1
  • Horrible Crash
taysab23
  February 29, 2012

Soo wanting to try a good energy based pre workout I gave this a try. Now I have sampled the original hemo rage a few times and have to say that it did ok. However I was younger when I first tried it, and much more lighter and less stim tolerant. Soo after being very satisfied with 1mr, I bought this. It was not all it was cracked out to be. Decent, but not as good as some others out there.

~Effectiveness (6.2 out of 10)~

The first time I took this I decided just to take one scoop. It was alright really. I had a mild energy and a decent pump. I was taking this in the morning because I was doing two a days at the time. In the morning I did a circuit workou and abs soo I really wasn't going for a good pump. I got some good beta alanine tickles and it did keep my endurance high. For what I used it as it worked perfectly. For me the energy didn't last long. About a little over an hour. The crash was mild, and usually took a nap after my workout so I didn't mind. On an empty stomach it kicked in pretty quickly. About 20 mins and I could feel it. Towards the end of the bottle i bumped up the servings to 2 scoops. Honestly I couldn't tell much of a differene. Made me sweat really hard I remember. The reason I gave this such a low score is because from what I would want and expect out of a pre workout this did not do all that good for what I would need. It worked out for me, because it fit my needs for morning crossfit.

~Price (10 out of 10)~

I think I got this off of discountsupplements.com for like 25 bucks. Now the bottle says 90 servings because they say 1/3 a scoop is a serving, but really its a full 30 scoops. So a serving is not even a dollar. aka thats pretty cheap.

~Taste (7.2 out of 10)~

This stuff had a bit of an odd taste to it. It sure didn't taste as good as it smelled. To me it smelled like, well good. I had the "sucker" punch flavor. For some reason the taste reminded me of cheap parfume. You know the type that comes in really big bottles? But the smell actually was a pleasent fruity smell. Not something that you have to choke down, but not something I would want to drink on my own.

~DoSaGe~

Going to depend on how much you weigh and how much stims your use to. Like I said the bottle says 1/3 scoop is a serving. Well.. if your like me thats not going to do jack squat. Soo try experimenting with what works for you.

~SiDe NoTe~

The girl I was dating at the time use to hit the gym with me in the mornings. She did cardio and her little workout. She would always be tired and want to go get a red bull or monster or something. So one day I talked her into taking this. I gave her a half scoop. Now keep in mind she was a pretty big girl. She was 5 11 and weighed about 160. Half a scoop had her up and running off walls. She would go to school right after the gym and told me she would be all stupid and full of energy. Then the beginning of 2nd hour she would pass out completely. So for her it worked, but the crash was bad. And she stayed with half a scoop the whole time. Soo just goes to show what might not work for someone works great for someone else.

~Overall (7.44 out of 10)~

It was super cheap, and it did what I needed. For my regular workouts this would not be able to cut it. If was one to buy it, I would reccomened supplementing a good no2 product along side it since its pretty much geared towards energy. I know it does work for some people, but it just didn't impress me as much as I was wanting it to do.
  • Smells Good
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Not Very Strong
Ian90
  February 2, 2012

Hello everybody, this is my first review that I am posting here on SupplementReviews.com. I will be reviewing the last and most recent pre-workout supplement that I personally used which was a product produced by the company Nutrex, by the name of Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate. I intend on making this review as straight to the point and as helpful and useful to everyone. So please leave me feedback on the formatting of my review and any comments or changes you'd make to my review and of course any comments or personal experiences with this product.

Product Briefing:
- Type of Supplement: Pre-Workout
- Company: Nutrex
- Product: Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate
- Flavors: Bruisin' Berry, Lunatic Lemonade, Malicious Melon, Orange Creamation, Sucker Punch
- Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.75g)
- Servings per Container: 30

Price:
I purchased this product at a GNC when it was a "Hot-Buy" item for $29.99. As far as prices go this product is on the lower end of the pre-workout pricing spectrum. At $29.99 in stores, and as low as $17.00 at a quick glance online, this product is more than reasonably priced when it comes to supplements.

Container/Label:
Although the container/label really has no effect on the consumption, effect and results of the product, I figured why not through it in the review as well. There are a couple things that I look for on a label in particular that I did not find and was not particularly happy about and that is the absents of percent values and measurement weights of each individual ingredient. In particular I would like to now the mg value of caffeine that I am taking when I take a supplement; this is lacking on many supplements on the market today. Everything is masked these days by the all to familiar "proprietary blend" weight.
On a more positive note, the container size is nice and compact and easily fits into any gym bag. The label design is relatively attractive...I guess, but then again that is a whole aspect that is solely opinion based and therefore has no great effect on this review or the product itself... Unless we are talking about sales aspects... but I doubt any of use here would be concerned with that. Lastly I found the Warning on the label a little bit over the top and somewhat silly sounding but hey every company needs to cover their butts, unfortunately we live in quite a litigious society.

Taste/Serving Size:
As far as flavors, I personally used both Bruisin' Berry, and Sucker Punch. Before I state anything about the taste of this product, I must and feel obligated to state that taste is the very last thing I am personally concerned with when it comes to any supplement. I personally am 99% more about the effects and results than about the taste.
Now with that being said, I was not a fan of either flavor. Both flavors left quite a bad after taste in my mouth and more importantly in my shaker cup. This was easily solved by rinsing the shaker cup out after, which I use for water during my workouts anyway, and getting rid of the after taste left in my mouth was solved by drinking some water right after. The taste its self was actually not as sweet as I thought it would be after seeing the bright colored liquid that was produced after mixing the powder in the water. The worst part about the taste of this supplement to me was a chalky almost milks texture and taste that the mixture produced.
The whole negative aspect of the taste was not the biggest problem due to the serving size and water to powder ratio. The serving size is 1 Scoop (9.75g) to 4-5oz of water. This produced a small mixture that was very quick to drink compared to some other pre-workouts on the market where you end up having to drink a full shakers cup worth of liquid prior to working out.

Ingredients:
As far as the ingredient list goes, Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate seemed to be quite the standard as far as pre-workouts go. You have your standard Creatine Monohydrate, for some that may be a plus for others that have a weaker stomach this may upset your stomach a little bit.
Then as far as vasodilators and "Nitric oxide inhibitors," (they are just precursors), go you have l-arginine alpha ketoglutarate, and their carno syn beta-alanine. I am not surprised with these two choices for vasodilators/nitric-oxide inhibitors however I am surprised that they decided to go with l-arginine as apposed to l-citrulline, which is more frequently scene in newer pre-workout supplements on the market today.
Then for the energy boost (Stimulants) they used Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous (again they do not list mg of caffeine), and methylhexaneamine. Note: certain doses of methylhexaneamine have been considered banned within NCAA and other similar sports guidelines.
I am also surprised that there aren't any other natural and or herbal ingredients such as yohimbe, panax ginseng, and guarana as apposed to or in addition to the taurine.
Now, the ingredient that actually drew my attention to this product in the first place; Huperzine A. "Huperzine A is used for Alzheimer's disease, memory and learning enhancement, and age-related memory impairment. It is also used for treating a muscle disease called myasthenia gravis, for increasing alertness and energy, and for protecting against agents that damage the nerves such as nerve gases."(WebMD) The effects of Huperzine A, most specifically, the increased alertness, energy, and neural health properties have been used in traditional eastern homeopathic ADHD medications and other medicines along those lines.

Experienced Effects:
The effects that I experienced from this supplement were very mild to almost nonexistent at times. The first couple of times I used this product, I followed the exact directions and felt almost no extra pump, energy, alertness or focus. I then tried altering the directions to see if experimenting with different methods would help me get a bit more of a kick out of it.
First I changed the timing I took the dose from the recommended half an hour prior to 5 min prior. I felt a slight increase in energy but not much. I the tried doubling the does to two scoops per 6 oz water, (Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY, THIS WAS COMPLETELY AGAINST THE WARNING ON THE LABEL); I still did not feel much of a change. One of the biggest things that was missing to me was that/rush of energy that is delivered by a proper pre-workout supplement. I was hoping for and expecting for that "Tingling feeling" similar to paresthesia, that is commonly experienced with high doses of L-Arginine.
On multiple occasions I felt as though this supplement made me bloated during the beginning of my workout and sometimes lasted all the way throughout. I did not feel any amped up feelings and my pumps felt as they do without a pre-workout supplement.
This product was tested during a time period where my target goals where more so mass building rather than endurance, toning or strength training. Each workout began with 5 min on an elliptical, then workouts consisted of specific target muscle groups using 5 for 5 rep to set ratio set or 10,8,6,4,2 rep sets, for workouts lasting around an hour +/- 15min.

Overall Rating:
Overall, I was very dissatisfied with this product and most likely will not be using it ever again. In addition to a very weak chalky taste, I found the product to have very little effect if any effect at all.
- Strength: No notable strength increase
- Pumps/Muscle swelling: No noted difference at all
- Endurance/Stamina: No notable endurance increase, some workouts I felt as though I was actually burning out quicker
- Energy: Almost a zero on energy increase
- Focus: No notable increase with focus

I gave this product a maybe as far as recommendations go because I believe everyone reacts differently to different products and I also do not regret trying any product despite the effectiveness of the product. I have a passion for fitness and an incredible interest in supplements and like trying everything to see what's out there and I recommend everybody that is as passionate as I am to do the same.
Hopefully this review was informational and relatively helpful for all. Again I ask, please leave me feedback on the formatting of my review and any comments or changes you'd make to my review and of course any comments or personal experiences with this product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Serving Size
  • Good Price
  • Servings Per Container
  • Short Lasting Effects
  • Post Workout Burnout
  • Slight Dizziness
  • Upset Stomach
  • Side Effects: Bloating
  • Tolerance
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Overall Ineffectiveness
Rogiebear
  September 19, 2011

Okay first of all I'm going to state that I'm not intentionally hating on the product, just giving my experience with it. I bought this with high expectations and I have to admit in my first workout these were fulfilled, however further details are ahead.

Cost - 8/10
I got it for relatively cheap in Australia, the amount of servings in a container though it is not really the most cost effective PWO on the market however it is by no means the most expensive.

Taste - 2/10
The smell was great, I opened it and it smelt just like Watermelon Warheads (Favourite lollies as a kid), however when I tried to force it down I had a lot of trouble. It tasted like watermelon juice mixed with salt water, my stomach churns just thinking about taking it. By about halfway through the tub I almost threw up in my cup.

Effectiveness - 6/10
First workout was amazing, I pushed through sets easy, did burn sets, dropsets and supersets and it made me sweat like an animal. However after the first workout, crash.. Almost rode off my car on the way home it was that bad, took all my concentration just to get home and stumble into my bedroom, my heart was racing and slowing I was dizzy. Not enjoyable at all. After this workout I seemed to crash less and less, but my workouts kept getting weaker as I built a tolerance. The horrible taste made me nautious too, and by the end of the tub I was getting headaches and threw up a couple of times after my workouts.

All in all I'm going to say this is a good product depending on the person taking it, it didn't seem to agree with me too much and I don't think I'll ever be buying this again. It's a good product, by a good company, but it was just a miss for me.
  • Tolerance
  • Felt Groggy
aasim859
  September 18, 2011

This is the first PWO I ever tried and my very first review on this site, so please bear with me. I bought the Orage Creamation flavour and to be honest I dint have any problem drinking it. It was actually delicious. I started off with 1/2 scoop on the first day and got a headache. In a matter of minutes the headache was gone and suddenly I realised how insane and animalistic I can become once I down that powder. I dont usually jog or run, but having consumed this PWO I felt like doing anything but sitting idle. I ran for almost twenty minutes for the first time in my life. I still had energy to finish my chest workouts (4sets x 12 reps x 6exe) and then jog again for a good ten minutes. After the said workouts i felt my chest pumped like never before. As the other users say, I dint experience any crash at all. Also one thing I must say. The warnings published on the container are for one's own good. Some people can withstand these energy levels and can feel nothing after the first two hours. It was nothing like that for me. The first day i drank it at 9 in the evening and i still couldn't sleep till 3am. It kind off takes a bit long for the effect to get over.I understand that since this is my first PWO, my review must seem biased towards Hemo-Rage, but i would completely recommend it to a beginner. All in all I would say that I never felt this energised before.

TASTE: 9/10 (Orage Creamation)
VALUE: 9/10
RESULTS: 10/10
  • Increased Focus
  • Tastes Great
  • Takes Too Long To Wear Off

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.