Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate

By Nutrex
Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Nutrex
7.3/10
(Weighted average based on 73 Reviews)

Ranks #116 of 157 (better than 26%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

petey7408

I was very pleased overall with the concentrated version of Hemo Rage

Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate is Nutrex's stab at the up and coming concentrated pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile: 9.2/10
The chief ingredients...

Ingredient Profile: 9.2/10
The chief ingredients of the concentrated version of Hemo Rage are a 6,870mg blend of creatine monohydrate, L-arginine alpha ketoglutarate, Beta Alanine, Taurine, caffeine, dimethylamylamine, and huperzine. Though it is a blend so you can't distinguish the exact amounts, the effects feel like a balanced product with no over-stimulated feeling from caffeine which is a nice plus.

Effects/Endurance: 9.5/10
The thing that stood out the most to me is the mental focus. Unlike a few other pre-workouts that I have used, the stimulant balance is just right and doesn't give you that wired feeling, but more of a tunnel vision focus. Like many of the pre-workouts these days, the Beta Alanine gives the tingles, but after a few uses wears off. Obviously, to get the full effects of beta-alanine, it needs to be taken daily so you should supplement it separately. The endurance increase was noticeable, and there wasn't much of a post workout crash.

Taste: 7.9/10
The flavor that I got was Bruisin Berry, and it isn't award winning by any means, but it isn't bad either. This is to be expected with a concentrated pre-workout as the emphasis is on the formula and not the extras for flavoring. The performance more than makes up for the flavor.

Mixability 9.2/10:
The product mixed easily in water within a few shakes. The only small drawback is that a little bit of the product would settle, but a couple additional shakes takes care of it quickly.

Overall: 9.4/10
I was very pleased overall with the concentrated version of Hemo Rage, and have had some of my best workouts to date with it. Of course, just like any other pre-workout, you will start to adapt to its effects, so you need to make sure to cycle it and never go above the recommended dose, which in this case is one level scoop. It is well worth giving it a try if you are looking for a new-preworkout.

Posted September 28, 2010
great review bro, does bodybuilding.com carry this? i know its new.

Posted September 28, 2010
I actually checked availability today (9/28/10) on BB.com and it isn't listed as available there yet since it was just released recently.

toolhead

Posted September 28, 2010
Nice review petey! Ive been curious if the concentrated version would be any good. Ive tried the original hemo rage but i didnt really care for it so Ive been wondering about this.

joako12

Another great review man

Cray

Posted September 28, 2010
Ugh petey, your reviews suck butt.

Manimal

***ty review as always.

;)

Posted September 29, 2010
good review yea the guy at gnc told me he tried it said it worked good but the taste was horrible. I didnt think the original hemo rage black tasted that good either. I loved the focus on the original I would be so dialed in almost trippy feeling.

Posted September 29, 2010
Hey petey another very helpful review man. I have been looking into this and it seems pretty legit. When it comes to pre workouts I more so go for energy over pump, that being said how would you rate the energy and drive this product gave you?

Posted September 29, 2010
I would rate the drive and energy a 9.3/10. It was outstanding in this category, but like with all pre-workouts, the stim effects diminish eventually.

Posted September 29, 2010
Ok thanks a lot for the help petey..I will for sure be picking up this product in the future. Planning on stacking it with some extra beta-alanine and exited to see the outcome :)

Posted September 29, 2010
Good deal bro. I've been using Super Set from BodyFuel for the last 4 months and it has been one of the best staple additions. It takes a few months to see the full benefit of the beta alanine, but you'll notice its effects within a few weeks.

Posted September 30, 2010
Thanks for the tip, thats good to know. I was thinking about getting the beta-alaline 2000 by sci-fit. They have a deal on bb.com for buy either a 300 or a 500g container and get one free so thats few months supply for about $20, cant pass that up!!

Posted September 30, 2010
All - please do not complain about the taste - this is a sport for men with balls, just swallow it and hit the gym!

Posted September 30, 2010
I took this and I didnt feel it gave me enough energy so i took 2 more scoops, big mistake, my workout was the best ive ever had, i was bruising because of the swelling but then about an hour later I crashed so hard and i was puking like i had the flu or something good product, dont exceed the dosage or the consequences are terrible...

nluscre7's Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Review

Hey everyone, first review but I felt like this was the right pre-workout to start off my SR career.

This was the second preworkout...

This was the second preworkout I have taken regularly (I had sampled a lot of others but never took them more than 3-4 times) after really enjoying Black Powder. I admit I didn't take as much time off of PWO's as I probably should have to reset my tolerance, but I was still expecting more of an intense energy going into my workouts than I got with Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate considering how much they push its concentrated effects. It did give me a clean, consistent level of energy throughout the majority of my workout but the pump wasn't anything special and I definitely crashed pretty hard right as I finished up my last set. That said, here are some basic thoughts....

Energy (7/10)- as I said above, I was really expecting to get into a major beast mode with this product since they advertise and "warn" you so much of its power. The first few times I took this it made me feel pretty good and excited to get going, but I never felt like I NEEDED to lift right away or anything. Also, I felt the energy aspect associated with this product is the one that suffers most from a higher tolerance, but that's pretty normal I guess. Expect to up your dosage (even though the label says not to) after about 2 weeks.

Focus (8/10)- Nothing to write home about, but I was happy enough with this aspect. I definitely didn't get the tunnel vision some people have said they got with this, but it will get you into enough of a zone that you'll be ready to go once you start your warmup sets.

Pump (7/10)- this was probably the area I was least happy with, but it still wasn't "bad." At this point, I've tried and enjoyed several PWO's and Hemo Rage UC probably has the least pump of any I've had. You'll get a little swollen towards the end of your workout, but not anything close to the skin-ripping pumps you could get with alternate products.

Taste (7/10)-Pretty good IMO, but a little bitter. No problems drinking it but I usually dont mind something that tastes nasty if I know it's helping me out with my lifting.

Value (9/10) - Good price for the effects I guess, I got this on sale for a little over $20 so it was perfect for me but even the regular price shouldn't kill your wallet too badly. It's cheaper than a lot of top-quality PWO's, so in that regard I gave its only "good" effects a break.

Overall, I was pleased with Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrate, but I'm not sure I'll be purchasing it again. I would recommend it to someone who can either find it on sale or just needs something that isn't quite as expensive as other PWO's. If you're looking for either (or both) crazy energy where you have to blast the weights or a Monster pump, this may not be what you're looking for BUT it's a decent PWO to give a try if you like consistent energy.

Lorenz0

Posted March 1, 2011
Nice review.. And welcome:)

Cray

Nice review. Well done.

Posted March 1, 2011
Truthful and honest review nluscre7. Welcome to the site. You will learn that this site contains great information that will assist in any progress that you are looking to obtain... remember... " A plateau is research not successfully being completed."
Appreciate your input / review into this site...

Manimal

Posted March 1, 2011
Very good first review man. Welcome aboard and keep up the good work!

I tip my hat to Nutrex, this is a great produc

Being very tolerant to stimulants, I am finding it more and more difficult to find pre-workout products that work well for me. Fortunately, this is one of them. I tried Hemo Rage UC based on their claim that I would never have to use more than one scoop. Now through my first can, I found that promise to be more or less true. By the end, I was using about a scoop and a quarter, but close enough I suppose. Here are the specifics from my experience.

Energy (8/10)-it's not the 'cleanest' energy rush, but make no mistake; the stuff is very potent. While my heart doesn't pound and sweat doesn't cascade down my body, it definitely wires me up pretty good. Be warned, the first couple of times I took it, I felt like I had taken speed, and afterwards felt an absolutely epic crash, those effects lessened a lot after a week or so. Still, if you are sensitive to stimulants, I doubt you are going to like the effect this product gives you too much.

Focus (9/10)-Very satisfied with this aspect. I have consistently explosive, dynamic workouts each and every time I take it. I can tell you truthfully that after using Hemo Rage, it has provided me with some of the best training sessions of my life.

Pump (7/10)-it's not as good as Assault, or Pump Fuel, which are two of my favorites in that regard, but it's more than adequate to be sure.

Taste (7/10)-Again, nothing special from the Sucker Punch, but tolerable. I don't really care much about taste to be honest. Mixes very easily, as I have never had a problem with graininess or sticking to the bottom.

Value (10/10)-think I paid $28 and it lasted a month..pretty darn good IMO.

Overall, I tip my hat to Nutrex, this is a great product. As I said, it took me a little while to get used to it, and I ended up using a little more than one scoop by the end, but those are both minor quibbles. It was easy on my stomach, never left me bloated, and most importantly it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Price
  • Beast Mode
  • Concentration
  • More Sets
  • Dirty Feeling

taysab23

Posted December 20, 2010
BRAVO SIR! nice review.. i look forward to taking this shortly.

taysab23

taysab23's Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Review

Soo wanting to try a good energy based pre workout I gave this a try. Now I have sampled the original hemo rage a few times and have to say that it did ok. However I was younger when I first tried it, and much more lighter and less stim tolerant. Soo after being very satisfied with 1mr, I bought this. It was not all it was cracked out to be. Decent, but not as good as some others out there.

~Effectiveness (6.2 out of 10)~

The first time I took this I decided just to take one scoop. It was alright really. I had a mild energy and a decent pump. I was taking this in the morning because I was doing two a days at the time. In the morning I did a circuit workou and abs soo I really wasn't going for a good pump. I got some good beta alanine tickles and it did keep my endurance high. For what I used it as it worked perfectly. For me the energy didn't last long. About a little over an hour. The crash was mild, and usually took a nap after my workout so I didn't mind. On an empty stomach it kicked in pretty quickly. About 20 mins and I could feel it. Towards the end of the bottle i bumped up the servings to 2 scoops. Honestly I couldn't tell much of a differene. Made me sweat really hard I remember. The reason I gave this such a low score is because from what I would want and expect out of a pre workout this did not do all that good for what I would need. It worked out for me, because it fit my needs for morning crossfit.

~Price (10 out of 10)~

I think I got this off of discountsupplements.com for like 25 bucks. Now the bottle says 90 servings because they say 1/3 a scoop is a serving, but really its a full 30 scoops. So a serving is not even a dollar. aka thats pretty cheap.

~Taste (7.2 out of 10)~

This stuff had a bit of an odd taste to it. It sure didn't taste as good as it smelled. To me it smelled like, well good. I had the "sucker" punch flavor. For some reason the taste reminded me of cheap parfume. You know the type that comes in really big bottles? But the smell actually was a pleasent fruity smell. Not something that you have to choke down, but not something I would want to drink on my own.

~DoSaGe~

Going to depend on how much you weigh and how much stims your use to. Like I said the bottle says 1/3 scoop is a serving. Well.. if your like me thats not going to do jack squat. Soo try experimenting with what works for you.

~SiDe NoTe~

The girl I was dating at the time use to hit the gym with me in the mornings. She did cardio and her little workout. She would always be tired and want to go get a red bull or monster or something. So one day I talked her into taking this. I gave her a half scoop. Now keep in mind she was a pretty big girl. She was 5 11 and weighed about 160. Half a scoop had her up and running off walls. She would go to school right after the gym and told me she would be all stupid and full of energy. Then the beginning of 2nd hour she would pass out completely. So for her it worked, but the crash was bad. And she stayed with half a scoop the whole time. Soo just goes to show what might not work for someone works great for someone else.

~Overall (7.44 out of 10)~

It was super cheap, and it did what I needed. For my regular workouts this would not be able to cut it. If was one to buy it, I would reccomened supplementing a good no2 product along side it since its pretty much geared towards energy. I know it does work for some people, but it just didn't impress me as much as I was wanting it to do.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Smells Good
  • Not Very Strong
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Not Much Of A Pump As Expected

shinndigg

Posted February 29, 2012
Good to see you back around brother, nice review as always.

Pump is decent, and recovery is similar to most

My pre workout experience is as follows. Jack 3d, N.O. explode (old not new), 1 m.r. N.O. Shotgun, WAR and of course Hemo Rage Ultra concentrate. While all pre workout supps that I have taken have had some effect on me. There are certainly ones that have the biggest effect. Hemo Rage UC is one of them. It begins to work within like 10 min of taking..... (1 tiny scoop with 6 oz of water). Here comes the tingle. The Beta Alanine causes that... Anyway when I get to the gym a couple things happen that stand out against the rest. Focus.. I find myself Motivated and focused for my entire workout (1 1/2 to 2 hrs) Energy.. I cant notice energy in a jittery way, or a butterfly in the stomach way. It is more like an unwillingness to stop lifting. Rep after Rep I just dont wanna go home. Pump is decent, and recovery is similar to most ( just a hint better then normal). But what i liked most is that I didnt CRASH. Amen. Finally a product that works well and the PRICE wow. I payed 20 dollars and last over a month. and I use it every workout 5 times a week. The only BAD thing I have to say is that after about 3 months I had to start dosing more. Like 1 1/2 to 2 scoops. Hope this helps...

where did you find this for 20$,btw great review

Posted January 22, 2011
www.Albanystrength.com hands down one of the cheapest around.

that website has PM listed under "Legal Pro Hormones" lol

Posted January 22, 2011
Great review! I am in the process of trying to find 3 preworkout powders to rotate so I don't develop a tolerance. I will give it a shot.

jjsof

Got a really good pump going on excercises that often don't do that for me

Tried a few pre workouts before, but this one really seems to do it for me. After taking it I just felt really alert and in the mood to jump around, really energetic.
When I got to the gym, my workout was more...
When I got to the gym, my workout was more intense, there was no lethargy between sets. Got a really good pump going on excercises that often don't do that for me.
I've found that this product really helps me keep up my intensity at the gym on a cutting diet.

Taste was allright, little better than some pre workouts I've tried, but not delicious- this isnt really a deciding factor for me.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**
One of the main ingredients in this formula is
1,3 Dimethylamylamine (known as DMAA)

IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO FAIL WORLD ANTIDOPING DRUG TESTS

Just a heads up

• You Will Fail Drug Testing

Posted October 25, 2010
Appreciate bro for letting us about DMAA. I didn't know that.

Posted October 25, 2010
also found in Jack3d and alot of other pre-workouts. check up first before taking this because its banned in alot of leagues

jamievandenh's Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Review

First off, when you see this product, it seems very tempting to use. flipping through magazines and seeing Zach Khan endorsing this product for Nutrex is pretty intimidating.

I went out to a nearby Vitamin...

I went out to a nearby Vitamin World and picked up the product. I was extremely interested in the sticker on the top that tells you to NEVER use more than 1 scoop. This was pretty convincing to me that this product seemed effective so i bought a can of "sucker punch".
I got home and opened up the little container and poured a glass of water and mixed it in. I choked it down seeing that it tasted like crap but usually that doesnt bother me.

I got to the gym about 45 minutes later and started to workout. I felt a really dirty source of energy in my body and started working out. I would say the terrible nausea overpowered the feeling of energy i needed. the nausea overpowered my focus and put me on my ai. I usually do not have a problem with stimulants seeing that i take about a gram of caffeine a day (okay, maybe not that much) but this was the first stimulant compound i took that day.

going through my workout in my tunnel vision of crap i was extremely thirsty through the whole thing. I think most of the energy i was getting in this workout was from getting ***ed off that i bought a supplement that feels like Im crashing on a handful of cocaine. very, very dirty feeling...

the following crash after the product wore off made me want to sleep the rest of the day and left me drained.

maybe this product works for some but not for me.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Price
  • Tunnel Vison
  • Dirty Feeling
  • Nauseous
  • Flavor Needs Work
  • Some Of The Product Settles During Mixing
  • Felt Groggy

Posted June 19, 2011
i just bought this the other day, i have to say i liked the energy but your right about the crash it was terrible

7i8Senz

Posted June 19, 2011
i took this while i was a on prime cycle i would get headaces throught out the day and when it was leg day i threw up, this is the worst supplement ever it shouldnt even be rated bcuz its crap.

@7i8Senz
I completely agree with you man.

hwlift12's Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate Review

I just started my third container of this stuff and i really have mixed emotions on recommending it to other people.

results-10/10: When i first started taking this product it literally hit me like a ton of bricks. i had not touched soda, coffee, iced tea, or any other product with a stimulant in it for months. Once i took this I went insane. I would wake up in the morning and take it before my football workouts before school. I would tear through my workouts in the morning, get through my school day with no sweat, then have football practice after school and rip through everything from hitting drills to sprints feeling little fatigue. Then i would go home still pacing until around 8 when i would absolutely crash. That was after the first month. Once i Kept using it, it still gave me energy but i developed a tolerance making it last not as long.

Taste 8/10: At first it almost makes you gag but once you get used to it, the taste isn't so bad. I have tried both bruisin' berry and sucker punch which are both good.

Side effects: Almost every time i take this a crash is always included sometimes mild, sometimes very hard. Also, Sometimes the effect takes forever to wear off. I took it once to workout at 4 and did not get to bed until 2.

Overall: Like i said it is hard to recommend this product. I'm a young kid and to me this product is amazing. I play football and this stuff makes me go absolutely insane with energy so it is good for me because i have to lift then practice then run sprints over a 4 hour period so the long lasting effect is exactly what i am looking for. But if you are trying to just have the energy to have a focused, hard lift then be done with it i don't think this product is for you because if you're like me , it just won't wear off after your workout and you will be pacing all night.

• Increased Focus
  • Takes Too Long To Wear Off

Posted July 4, 2011
Theres a flavor of this....maybe it's bruisin berry that is one if the worst tasting things I've ever taken. But this stuff is pretty damn strong

Posted July 4, 2011
yeah i thought it was some of the worst tasting stuff i've ever taken at first but you get used to it after awhile and its not even like its that much its only like 6 or 8 ounces

Posted July 4, 2011
i agree, i find if i take it too late in the evening i cannot sleep at night. also, i find myself in bad moods since taking this product

I tried this product as it was on sell for $23 at a local supplement store. The owner said it was better than Jacked so I thought what the heck. He waas right, I can honestly say 1 scoop of hemorage= 3 scoops of Jacked. Within 15 mins of taking hemorage my face was already tingling and I wanted to be in the gym. I had great energy and endurance with my sets while I was in the gym, but somedays I would crash from hemorage. However, it honestly wasn't that bad of a crash. I had the blue raspberry flavor, it wasn't too bad. However, I have had better. I do like how you only have to drink 4-5 oz of water. My only other complaint is, I didn't see much of an increase in vascularity as I had hoped for. Overall, hemorage ultra concentrated is a viable preworkout option for the price.

• Crashing

Hemo-rage is one of my favorite pre-workout supps

Hemo-rage is one of my favorite pre-workout supps. This was the next supp I tried after finishing my Quake. In 6-8oz of water it mixed pretty good. Sometimes it would slightly powdery and the taste was a bit sour for my liking. But it kicked in after just a few minutes and lasted for a few hours. During my lifts I found myself taking much shorter breaks in between sets while simultaneously putting up more weight. The only down side I found with this product is that there was a crash if I hadn't eaten a good meal prior in the day. Price wise its pretty cheap and you can actually find really good deals like buy 2 get 1 free on BodyBuilding.com. I never really developed a tolerance to it, like the label says you really only need one scoop. I'll definately be buying this again in the future and would definately recommend giving it a try.

Posted December 15, 2010