Tribulus 1000

By NOW
Tribulus 1000 NOW
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Ranks #60 of 115 (better than 48%)
in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

asala19

Tribulus does not actually increase testosterone

After doing much research, checking out studies and listening to various sources, including radio talks, forum discussions, talks with my doctor, it seems that Tribulus does not actually increase testosterone. What it does do is increase libido, and this is something I can honestly say I felt. Apparently people take tribulus and and feel the increase in libido and attribute that to an increase in testosterone and this is not the case. Taking this before bed and when I woke up did nothing but give me vivid sexual dreams and make me wake up with a hard-on strong enough to hang wet towels on but I do not attribute this to an increase in my size or strength whatsoever. A solid workout routine and eating right will contribute to your size, this supplement will not.

That being said I am going to continue to purchase this purely for the libido increase! my friends and I take 1 -2 caps before we go out just to have that extra 'kick' and motivation to pursue chicks and it is great for that. If you take two of these caps before sex you will notice you last much longer and are much more hornier (which is always fun). Also the dreams I have when I take this before bed are almost great enough alone to justify buying this supplement.

I gave the effectiveness a 1 in terms of what this product is marketed for (testo increase) but I give it an 7.5 for effectiveness in terms of (temporary) libido increase.

Don't take it looking to increase testosterone. follow the research to confirm that. But this isn't a bad supplement to have and take before going out!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good To Take Before You Go Out
  • Vivid Sexual Dreams
  • Libido Increase
  • Good To Take Before Sex
  • Does Not Increase Testosterone
  • Does Not Make You Bigger

jmlstocks

Posted February 9, 2011
Very interesting review, I am about to do a review on this myself and my experience was the exact same to a T, libido, but nothing else that would imply to me that test levels were increased.

Posted February 9, 2011
I guess with that theory on Tribulus I should try Jack3d with some added arginine about 30 minutes before some alone time with the wife...LOL bigger, stronger, faster, and more endurance?

asala19

Posted February 9, 2011
joeoftwins give that a try and post results. just make sure to drink lots of water LOL

Posted February 9, 2011
Awesome review, when I used it before I noticed the libido increase, and attributed it to test increase but I Did notice it was Just libido increase, which was great....will use it again Just for that.

My pumps are great, and my cardio recovery time is really remarkable

I know there are a lot of Tribulus products out there, but this one WORKS, is priced well, and is nice and strong at 1000 grams per tab. I've been working out with weights and cardio steadily 3-4 days a week for over 3 years now, and this is one supplement I do NOT forget to take. I've been on it for over a year now. I workout during lunchtimes, so on workout days I take 1/2 tab mid-morning (500 grams), then the other half tab right before I Drive to the gym (I don't have to take any coffee or other stimulants with it) -- and seriously guys, this product allows me to workout like a freakin' BEAST. My pumps are great, and my cardio recovery time is really remarkable with this supplement, allowing me to go really hard, with shorter rests between sets. It also provides an almost constant libido boost after hours. It is so effective that I don't bother taking it on non-workout days or weekends - it made me slap my dog around too much (JUST KIDDING - I love my dog, and have had zero rage issues on this product :-) I mean really, now - without some payoff in the wild thing department, why would most of us bother working out, right? Anyway - thanks a lot, NOW Foods for a GREAT Tribulus product!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Plenty Of Morning Wood -- Lovin That...
  • Great Safe Sup

Posted February 22, 2011
    I think I saw this buy two get one free at bb.com earlier today.
    It's a solid product though. I used it in my last Epi PCT.

This product just didn't do anything besides give me nice wood from time to time

I have a total testosterone level of 250. And tried to go about raising it the natural way first. I figured it would be cheaper and healthier. I did a lot of different supplements, but I read a lot about this supplement and it sounded great. And I use Now for most of my supplementation, but this product just didn't do anything besides give me nice wood from time to time. I don't know if it didn't work because of my very low levels or if my body just didn't take it. But I saw no increase in my total test or my Free Test. I did have a nice erection from time to time but it didn't raise MY test levels.
    I hope it works for others.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Safe Sup
    • Does Not Increase Testosterone
    • Does Not Make You Bigger

Sal

Posted March 30, 2011
    I know you 28 but your total t level should not be that low.

Get them rechecked in the morning, 8 am through 10 am. Don't work out before you get them checked, it may influence the results. Try ZMA adding ZMA and Tribulus from Ultimate nutrition they are in capsules and absorb a lot better, otherwise an every other day dose of clomade will help bring back to normal. Ask your doctor first, plus clomid is relatively inexpensive about 25 bucks for a month and a half supply. overall it will cost you 200 a year. (12x25.00) math is not exact. Its cheaper and less time consuming than trying a bunch of stuff that may not work.

Posted March 30, 2011
    I have had them checked multiple times. I have had blood tests and sputum tests and each time they came out low. My Dr. put me Testim today. I hope it helps.

Thank you for the advice. This product just didn't work for me.

Sal

Posted March 30, 2011
    No it wouldnt only if the levels were slightly below average. The script will improve your quality of life. Expect about 15 of mass after two years of consistent use of the prescription.

Posted March 30, 2011
    I'm just saying this product didn't work for me. I have been on Testim for 2 weeks and can already see and feel a difference.

Hope this product works for others. And if you are on unsure. Do lab tests of your free and total testosterone before and a month while on this product. That's only way to see if it is really doing what it's suppose to do.

Awesome priced

hey guys, a bit of a review on Now Trib 1000mg. Been on and off this for the past 6 months.

Reason Using:

Reason Using:
    Always stacked it with my test boosters. Was taking 4-6 tabs a day. I weight 90kg at about 8%bf and during my cut cycle 3-4 months ago which carbs were depleted I utilized a test booster and stacked it with Now Trib. Wanted a bit extra out of the booster and a good trib would of helped with my pumps, recovery and obviously libido during flat times of carb low's and feeling flat. Also wanted my appetite to open up little bit considering my metabolism really slowed down during my winter bulk.

Started kicking in pretty soon, libido was kicking, women started to look like super models and erection was popping here and there randomly. Blood pumps were good, was giving my good hardness and also I was taking 1 tab with each meal to open appetite and yes it made me hungrier sooner.

Taste: 7/10
    Has a herbie taste to it, but no issue. After taste was obvious for few minutes but all ok.

Awesome priced especially when you find 2x360 bottles together on special.

Increased Test: 9/10
    The combo with booster and this trib was fantastic, energy at gym was up there and felt strong. Recovery was better and sperm count was high lol

Would I use it again: Yes ofcourse, Always cycle it on and off with test boosters and during stages of my training.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Safe Sup
    • Libido Increase
    • Plenty Of Morning Wood -- Lovin That...
    • Increased Testosterone

This product is one of the best supplements I have ever tried

This product is one of the best supplements I have ever tried. I was skeptical when I first decided to take it because I read there was evidence that Tribulus did not actually increase testosterone or strength. However after I researched it more I believe that the experiment that provided the evidence that Tribulus was ineffective was flawed because it did not give a strong enough dose. The experiment gave 15 participants either a placebo or 3.21 mg of Tribulus per kg of body weight. This means that a 200 pound person would only receive around 292 mg of Tribulus which I do not believe is enough to trigger strength increase. The experiment also did not check testosterone levels in the participants to see if there was a change after the experiment. I believe that with the correct dosage Tribulus products are safe,effective Testosterone boosters, and natural anabolic properties enhancers.

Value- I purchased 90 capsules for a total of $15.90, after shipping and handling costs, from ALLStarHealth. This gave me about three weeks worth with the dose I was taking which was a very good deal for the strength increase I received

Stack- I stacked this with DIM from Olympian labs for an estrogen blocker, because I read that Tribulus also increases estrogen. I also took other basic supplements such as Whey protein, Glutamine, Flax seed, Multi-Vitamins, and Amino Acids.

Dosage- I took four capsules a day, two in the morning and two post-workout. In total it was 4,000 mg of Tribulus.

Effectiveness- This product was very effective in the three weeks I took it I gained nine pounds of lean muscle and had a 30 pound increase in my bench press, a 50 increase in squat and deadlifts, and a 20 pound increase in all my Olympic lifts. All my other auxiliary lifts also increase.

Side effects- No really bad side effects. I developed moderate back and chest acne but nothing horrendous or severe. I did not have an increase in aggression but I did have an increase in confidence and felt more energized throughout the day. I also felt that I could lift longer, harder, and recover faster. I did not notice any increase in libido but that could be because I'm only 20 and so my libido is already high.

This product is very affordable, effective, safe, and had very little negative side effects for me. Everyone is different but this product should work well for most people as long as you have a solid diet with lots of protein and have a good workout routine.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Increased Testosterone
      • Increased Recovery
      • Great Safe Sup

Posted March 4, 2012
        Although, from experience and research I do not believe Tribulus is at all effective at boosting test levels, I will not argue that point. However, I will argue that this put 9 lbs of "lean muscle" on you in only 3 weeks. That is simply not believable.

Posted March 4, 2012
        I weighed myself and checked my BF percentage before and after I ran this supplement, and my BF was almost identical afterward.

Posted March 4, 2012
        How did you measure your BF?

Posted March 4, 2012
        I used an electronic BF monitor.

Posted March 4, 2012
        i have to aggree with socalivin, 9lbs off of tribulus in 3 weeks is a little hard to believe, and those electronic bf measurements are so off and they can be manipulated by so many variables.

Posted March 5, 2012
        Agreed they can be, but I still got good results from this and my weight gain appeared to be mostly muscle at the least.

Posted March 5, 2012
        I absolutely loved this stuff. I used it while I was cutting and it seemed to dry me out and keep my strength up. Great value as well, stacked with Kre Alkalyn one could see awesome strength increases.

Posted March 5, 2012
        Whoever negged you on this review is a d***. While the science of this is still up in the air, I think I'm going to snag this product as soon as possible. At the price why not give it a try. But it seems crazy that you gained 9 lbs. If that is true then it is mostly water weight or something, or you were previously in a state of muscular atrophy and just piled it back on real quick with a caloric surplus. But anyways congrats on the results

This is a product meant for stacking not taking alone

Alot of stuff I heard about Tribulus was that it was not effective or did anything. I have been taking this stuff off and on for going on two years now and I beleive in it. I gained strength and size, not alot but it was noticeable. This is a product meant for stacking not taking alone (keep that in mind). I would recomend to someone wanting to put some size on, gain a little strength, and lean up take this with ZMA and CLA.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Great Safe Sup

Posted January 31, 2011
          'Now' makes some of the purest products on the market. Their stuff is a bit more expensive than most but worth it. This type of product isn't as strong for people who have done stronger stuff. However I find Tribulus to be a natural, wonderful alternative to using steroids or pro hormones.

You still need to cycle off this though. More for the fact that your body will produce its own testosterone to match the level the Tribulus is helping to create. Two months on , one month off is usually the golden rule. After the month off your levels should drop off a bit, so get back on the Tribulus.

kevO

Posted January 31, 2011
          NOW Tribulus 1000mg is Buy 2 Get 1 free on bb.com

Cheap, safe, effective testosterone booster

Cheap, safe, effective testosterone booster that I been using for years. Why do I use it? It's safe, its effective, and it doesn't have a bunch of other unproven ingredients in it. The tribulus in this product is PROVEN to increase testosterone in people who have low testosterone. This is a smart addition to a muscle building stack if your not taking any other test boosters or not having luck with your current test booster. Follow instructions on the bottle. This product I cycle off of once in while. But I prefer to stay on this thing year round as it keeps my testosterone levels in the normal upper range. SAFELY.

• Good To Take Before Sex

Clipper83

Posted October 8, 2012
            You said tribulus is proven....

Posted October 8, 2012
            hey man, do what you wanna do. Just letting you know what I take and what it does for me. I actually went to the doctor BEFORE and DURING use of this product. So I KNOW what it does. But again, think what you want man. Good luck.

Posted October 8, 2012
            There is no study to show that tribulus terrestis increases free test that I've found.

AS79

Posted October 8, 2012
            Yup, only thing proven about Trib is that it doesn't boost test.

Posted October 8, 2012
            Depends. If you have low testosterone right now and you take Trib 1000 by Now, it will boost ur T levels. If your T levels are already in the normal range to start with, then NO it will NOT boost your T levels. Tribulus has been around for thousands of years, has a good safety record, and it does boost T levels in people with LOW T- levels.