L-Arginine

By: NOW

February 15, 2011

this is the first time ive used l-arginine pure. I got the powder form so i can mix it with a PWO i was making. I was a little dissapointed cause the pump i got was ok at best.

price=8 i got this for 21bucks. the pills were a little cheaper but again i needed it for a mix. (i should have just uncapped the pills like i did the beta aliane)

taste=7 the whole mix tasted bad so i cant say it was just this product.

taste=7 the whole mix tasted bad so i cant say it was just this product.

this was my first "NOW" product and it looks legit.i got the 500grams amount which was ok. i would recommend this only if your not used to taking arginine. for the more experienced supplement user i would get arginine akg which is absorbed better. but i was unsure and tried this. again this was ok but find a stonger form of arginine.

• bignastyrico
      February 15, 2011

I said the pump was ok at best but didnt give it a rating:
      PUMP=7
    • jmlstocks
      February 15, 2011

For a 10 rated pump, mix it with 4g of Citrulline Malate, that's a great combo!
    • bignastyrico
      February 15, 2011

Next mix i do ill try it

August 5, 2011

L-Arginine can taste really horrible for most people. But I have figured out the reason it tastes so bad and the solution to get rid of the horrible taste for good. The reason it tastes so bad is most people are not letting it dissolve completely before drinking it. You can't simply add two level teaspoons, stir, and drink immediately.

I've found that L-Arginine takes some time to dissolve completely into the cold liquid you are using. The secret to getting rid of the horrible taste is this: After you pour your cold liquid into the glass of arginine, stir it up. The liquid will become very cloudy. Let it set until the liquid becomes clear again. You will notice that some of the powder will end up on the bottom of the glass. This is because it still hasn't dissolved completely. Briskly, stir the solution again and wait until the liquid becomes clear again. You will notice that a smaller amount of the powder is on the bottom of the glass now. Repeat the previous steps a third time. By now, the solution should be pretty much completely dissolved and ready to drink.

At this time, when you drink it, you will notice that the solution becomes quite tolerable almost to the point where you could even sip on it to drink it all, instead of slamming it all in one drink just to get it down.

I like to mix it with Lipton's Diet Green Tea with Citrus, but I've found that by using this method, it doesn't taste bad no matter what you mix it with. The doctor on YouTube that talks about Arginine suggests that we should stay away from liquids that are high in sugar or contain sugar substitutes. This can limit the effectiveness of the product. She suggests drinking with kiwi slices because the kiwi helps digest it properly so it doesn't all end up as waste in your intestines. I've tried this but noticed little or no improvement from what I use. I would, however, stay away from OJ and Gatorade as well as other high sugar juices. Regular green tea with citrus might work as good because it has very little sugar in it and no sugar substitutes.

As far as effectiveness, my BP has dropped 10 points and I have been able to gain 5 lbs. per week in my benches. I've gained considerable improvement in my pumps. I also used to have problems with my right foot feeling like it was trying to fall asleep (which is annoying as hell) and this subsided completely after just a week of using this product.

Just follow the steps I've outlined. It only takes about 3-5 minutes total. You will definitely notice a significant improvement in the taste that will be incredibly easy to tolerate and get used to. I mean, this stuff used to make me gag before and tasted and smelled slightly like bleach. It was really nasty. But now that I take the time to let it dissolve, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Good luck and keep pumpin' iron!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Isn't Bad When Dissolved
        April 12, 2011

I have been taking this product for over a year, and it has treated me fairly well. The first thing you notice right of the bat, is that is tastes terrible. I don't think terrible even comes close. But if you throw it under your tongue and wash it down with some grapefruit juice you'll be fine. I have done as much as 5 gm. a day and after about a week you can notice a difference in pump and erections.

Everyone will react to all these supplements differently. I have notices I have become more vascular after about a week.

Good luck

Good luck
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Nice Pump
          August 22, 2012

taking l arginine by now is awesome. You can actually take the full dose that you wish for. I used to take 10 grams at a time preworkout and had literally the craziest pumps of my life

Craziest pumps of my life no doubt this was an awesome product

Overall 9/10
        Great product, tastes very bitter so be careful what you drink it with

Craziest pumps of my life no doubt this was an awesome product

Overall 9/10
        Great product, tastes very bitter so be careful what you drink it with
        • Nice Pump
          Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.