L-Arginine Reviews

By: NOW

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

L-Arginine is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by NOW. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.
COMPARE SIMILAR

bignastyrico
  February 15, 2011

this is the first time ive used l-arginine pure. I got the powder form so i can mix it with a PWO i was making. I was a little dissapointed cause the pump i got was ok at best.

price=8 i got this for 21bucks. the pills were a little cheaper but again i needed it for a mix. (i should have just uncapped the pills like i did the beta aliane)

taste=7 the whole mix tasted bad so i cant say it was just this product.

this was my first "NOW" product and it looks legit.i got the 500grams amount which was ok. i would recommend this only if your not used to taking arginine. for the more experienced supplement user i would get arginine akg which is absorbed better. but i was unsure and tried this. again this was ok but find a stonger form of arginine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
lookscharm
  August 5, 2011

L-Arginine can taste really horrible for most people. But I have figured out the reason it tastes so bad and the solution to get rid of the horrible taste for good. The reason it tastes so bad is most people are not letting it dissolve completely before drinking it. You can't simply add two level teaspoons, stir, and drink immediately.

I've found that L-Arginine takes some time to dissolve completely into the cold liquid you are using. The secret to getting rid of the horrible taste is this: After you pour your cold liquid into the glass of arginine, stir it up. The liquid will become very cloudy. Let it set until the liquid becomes clear again. You will notice that some of the powder will end up on the bottom of the glass. This is because it still hasn't dissolved completely. Briskly, stir the solution again and wait until the liquid becomes clear again. You will notice that a smaller amount of the powder is on the bottom of the glass now. Repeat the previous steps a third time. By now, the solution should be pretty much completely dissolved and ready to drink.

At this time, when you drink it, you will notice that the solution becomes quite tolerable almost to the point where you could even sip on it to drink it all, instead of slamming it all in one drink just to get it down.

I like to mix it with Lipton's Diet Green Tea with Citrus, but I've found that by using this method, it doesn't taste bad no matter what you mix it with. The doctor on YouTube that talks about Arginine suggests that we should stay away from liquids that are high in sugar or contain sugar substitutes. This can limit the effectiveness of the product. She suggests drinking with kiwi slices because the kiwi helps digest it properly so it doesn't all end up as waste in your intestines. I've tried this but noticed little or no improvement from what I use. I would, however, stay away from OJ and Gatorade as well as other high sugar juices. Regular green tea with citrus might work as good because it has very little sugar in it and no sugar substitutes.

As far as effectiveness, my BP has dropped 10 points and I have been able to gain 5 lbs. per week in my benches. I've gained considerable improvement in my pumps. I also used to have problems with my right foot feeling like it was trying to fall asleep (which is annoying as hell) and this subsided completely after just a week of using this product.

Just follow the steps I've outlined. It only takes about 3-5 minutes total. You will definitely notice a significant improvement in the taste that will be incredibly easy to tolerate and get used to. I mean, this stuff used to make me gag before and tasted and smelled slightly like bleach. It was really nasty. But now that I take the time to let it dissolve, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Good luck and keep pumpin' iron!
 Pros: