Home > Categories > Protein > Weight Gainers > NOW > Carbo Gain > Reviews

Carbo Gain

By NOW
Carbo Gain NOW
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 6 Reviews)

Ranks #11 of 31 (better than 67%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

I noticed a decrease in recovery time while using Carbo Gain

Great way to add some complex carbs and quality calories into your protein shake or meal replacement. Its great to use if you want to make your own mass gainer or just for some extra energy throughout the day. Its a staple in my mass gaining supplement line, and its pretty cheap,so it can be used by anyone on just about any budget. I noticed a decrease in recovery time while using Carbo Gain as well. So if you dont feel like spending a lot of money on a mass gainer, just get a good protein and Carbo Gain,and add a banana and peanut butter and mabey some casein powder and your good to go.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great For Adding Calories

jmlstocks

Posted August 9, 2010
    Good review man, did this stuff give you much gas or upset stomach when you took it?

kingmeat

Posted August 9, 2010
    definitley cheap and good i just recently bought this to add to my morning shake for the simple yet complex carb, it comes up a little chunky at times when i put it in my shaker. I get a little gas but i always have gas so. def a good review bro.

Posted August 9, 2010
    every once in a while i did get a little bit of a bloat, but no stomach discomfort to speak of. Everyones different so i cant really say that Everyone wont get an upset stomach. You should definately give it a try though

All in all this is a great product and i would highly recomend it

I am the pickiest eater in the world so it is very hard for me to gain any weight. I am also very athletic (soccer and ice hockey) so i am constantly buring calories. I turned to Carbo Gain hoping to gain atleast a few pounds off of it and i was very pleased.
    Before i started taking it i weighed about 140 give or take and after 1 8lb tub i weighed 145. That doesnt sound like a lot but it only takes like 3 weeks or so to go through that and i wasnt following the instructions perfectly. It calls for three shakes/day and i only took one or two because i was a lot of liquids to have in my stomach at once. I would be willing to bet that if i followed the directions the gains would have been even better.
    Keep in mind that the gains arent going to come in muscle form! But if you are a hard gainer or have a smaller build then this product is perfect because you cant just build muscle out of air. You need something to start with that you turn into muscle. (calories, carbs, some sort of fat) so this will add that to your body and you can work on turning that into serious muscle later. I am currently on my second tub and this time i went with the 12lb tub so it would last longer. All in all this is a great product and i would highly recomend it.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • No Taste
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Great For Adding Calories

This is definitely a great supplement

This is definitely a great supplement, and it mixes with water quite easily, It helps me maintain my weight especially after an intense hockey game. My only complaints are that this stuff is extremely messy I opened the package, and next thing I knew the powder was all over the place. I have a metabolism that is so high that its in the stratosphere so my weight fluctuates with this product, but it has helped me gain about five pounds however if I play hockey or do hiit
      all the weight I gained seems to go away but it comes right back when I take a couple doses.

Posted March 22, 2010
      I've been thinkin about scorin a tub of this and seeing how it works out. Dealin with hypoglycemia and trying to build muscle ain't always easy, and this seems like a good carb source.

Posted March 22, 2010
      I highly recommend this if your on the fence go for it. It's cheap, and effective.

I love this stuff

i love this stuff! i am a really hard gainer and was stuck at 172 for thew last 3 months. ive taken this for about a month and am up to 178! i mix it with my protein shake and have it after my workout.

cookken

Great way to add carbs to your diet and this is a great value

Great way to add carbs to your diet and this is a great value. It is nothing but pure maltodextrin. If you can't afford a weight gainer just add a scoop of this to a protein shake and drink it with two Flaxseed Oil caps and it is basically the same thing. I mix half a serving of it with my pre-workout supplement (usually superpump) for sustained energy during my workout. Then I also mix it with my post workout shake. Good product and a good value.

Posted January 21, 2011
          NOW is a great company. Sometimes pricey but always good quality.

tallman145's Carbo Gain Review

I just reordered this product. add this to your protein shake after a workout ,great carbo that go straight to your muscles after hard weight lifting,very cheap for 8lbs,cant go wrong with this.just make sure u mix it up well

• Effective