Supp-D

By: NLA Performance

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of NLA Performance.....

Just kidding. Not only has everyone heard of them, most of you dislike them due to the recent flood of fake/lousy reviews on this product in particular. Kevin hooked up the ER crew with a full tub and this is my review of it. Read it.

SUPP-D is a SOLID product my friends.

EFFECTIVENESS- 8.5

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of NLA Performance.....

SUPP-D is a SOLID product my friends.

EFFECTIVENESS- 8.5

Most of the time you don't get a solid pump and great energy from just one product. This gave me the cleanest and most potent energy of any preworkout I've tried. I didn't get jittery, I didn't crash, no heart racing, etc. Everybody always comments on focus, and I feel it's somewhat cliche, but I honestly felt more focused when using this as well. Really focused.

I was really surprised by the pump also. I've tried agmatine before, but this was much more effective than agmatine alone. Usually only a nitrate product can deliver these results for me.

I can't really say a whole lot besides I really enjoyed using this product. It's also very consistent. I also felt it put me in a better mood? I'm aware that sounds strange but I just felt great with the energy from this.

TASTE/MIXABILITY- 7

It's the generic tasting fruit punch. It does a good job of masking the bitter taste of the ingredients, and it's not overly sweet. I would prefer more flavors to be available.

It mixes good, with very litte sediment left over after spoon stirring it in a cup. I will complain as others have done though about the red dye. It's quite strong, leaving a red tint in my cup or shaker mug. Not a huge deal though.

VALUE- 6.0

$30 for 40 scoops, and I use 1.5 scoops per serving which equals out right at $1 per serving. Not a bad deal. But not a great deal. There are cheaper products, but in this scenario you get what you pay for.

OVERALL- 8

If this were one of the first preworkouts I'd taken you would see straight 10's. However, being the supplement junkie that I am, I've tried IT ALL. So when you see me rating this as an 8 you better believe it's legit. It gave me fantastic energy and focus, solid pumps, and it worked everytime.

Also I feel the ingredient list, although a prop blend, was quite thorough. It has almost everything I like to see in it. A nitrate addition would be nice though.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel NLA has a great product here, and despite all the controversy surrounding them I really think this product deserves some attention from the members.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Potent Energy
  • Laser Sharp Focus
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Solid Pump

• BigVida
      September 20, 2012

Thanks for one of the few great Supp D reviews. About time some legit ones came through
    • RiseAboveIt
      September 20, 2012

Anyone coming onto the site to review Supp-D or T-Blast should read this review first to get an idea of what a well written review looks like so they do not get flamed so hard. Job well done my man.
      September 20, 2012

Alex how do we know your mind was not hijacked by NLA Performance reps to write this review! huh?! how?! Please pee in this cup for us.... kidding man good review!
    • IamAlex
      September 20, 2012

I should clarify one thing.. To my knowledge there aren't "fake" reviews of this, just crappy one-liner reviews.

That was an oversight on my part, I do apologize for that remark.
    • train2win
      (-9)

Did you try the old 1, 3 dmaa version or the new formula

Blade410

Supp-D from NLA Performance. This has been an overhyped supplement on the site for a few months now with a fair amount of bad press and threads related to rep reviews. The good folks at NLA were happy to send the experts some tubs to provide an unbiased review. Thanks to the company for "stepping up to the plate".

How i ran it: 2 scoops 20 minutes prior to workout on an empty stomach. Nothing stacked with it preworkout or intra workout (other than water).

My Routine: As many of you know my routines are based on supersets, dropsets and monstersets. Many mass to shred supersets are my niche.

Profile: Supp-D's profile is pretty standard, with the notable inclusion of agmatine sulphate which has been shown to increase vasodilation. Additionally there is no creatine here which adds to its versatility. Other notable ingredients include the standard inclusions of Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3 Dime, L-Carnitine, B Vitamins and amino acids. How about that guys, finally more preworkout including amino acids. The entire tub contains 45 roughly 5.8g scoops.

Effectiveness: Supp-D was an amazing surprise in the world of pre workouts. The blend looks fairly effective on paper, but it was rock solid in effectiveness. The pumps were solid, although I typically never have a problem in that area. The energy was clean and fair. Energy was not on par with MM, but it was not as huge as a letdown as Ripped Freak PWO was. The product does not publish the amount of stimulants per scoop, but judging by the effect and energy I would gauge it at roughly 90-110mg of caffeine per scoop. The most notable effect from the product was the beta alanine. I never get flushed and tingles from BA, but this product trigged that half the time. With a few times making me lit up like the devil (aka Mean Mug Face). For better or worse, I knew the BA was working. So as far as effectiveness, this gets a solid 8.

Taste N/A: Taste... Taste... I don't give a damn how it tastes. In my opinion, the worse it tastes the more effective it is. I am looking to fuel the body, not satisfy the appetite.

Value: At 29.99 plus shipping at NLAPerformance.com, this is priced in the middle of the market. I never had to go over 2 scoops, so it yielded roughly 23 servings.

Conclusion: When I was offered this supplement, I had significant doubts given the negative reputation of the company on this site, however they proved to me and the other experts that they have developed a solid pre workout product. This isn't in the top tier, but it is definitely right below that level. Solid pumps, clean solid energy and priced fairly.

Bladski seal of approval
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Good Pumps
    • Fair Priced
    • Amino Acids

April 11, 2012

Solid review blade! i love a good BA tingle with some mean mugging. if it powered you it may make it to my short list of products to try.
      • FlashSunday

O-O
        Good review.
      • Mooselini
        April 11, 2012

I dont give a damn how it tastes, Its mean muggin time

Thanks O_O
        April 11, 2012

Nice~ but I am going to assume it tastes like ass
        April 12, 2012

No, it tastes fine, but I don't sit back and sip the thing. I don't even think MM tastes bad. Taste means zero to me unless it is intra
      • MrX
        April 12, 2012

Im looking to purchase this product after my off cycle finishes, but i was wondering about the crash afterwards? There has only ever been 2 products that destroyed me being jack3d and Craze so i was wondering if anyone could let me know their post workout experience
        April 12, 2012

No crash, just mean mug face from the BA. It is a solid product,

Thanks to NLA Performance and SR.com's Expert Reviewer program for allowing me to try Supp-D for free. You can read more about my experiences with Supp-D on my product testing log: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=17764.0
      I understand there was initially some bad blood between the SR.com community and NLA Performance. Although I wasn't personally involved, it seems NLA was accused of having inflated reviews posted by reps, which subsequently left a bad taste in the mouths of many forum members. The community called for NLA to put up or shut up, and NLA did just that by offering tubs of Frat Pack and Supp-D to the Expert Reviewer program. I am going to say right now, don't let any first impressions turn you away from NLA's products. Supp-D is absolutely LEGIT and, as you are about to read, one of my favorite preworkouts EVER. Just goes to show that sometimes supplement companies do back-up their claims.

OVERVIEW:
      Supp-D is NLA Performance's preworkout "potentiator". It claims to improve strength gains, activate fast twitch muscle fibers, and provide maximal vasodilation via the inclusion of agmatine sulphate. Supp-D is CREATINE-FREE, which I feel is a strong plus. It does include 1,3 Dime so college athletes will want to avoid the product. Other notable ingredients include B9-Folate (cell growth), Niacin (essential nutrient), Beta Alanine, Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine, and Vitamins B6, B12, B1, and B2. Tubs contain 45 5.8g scoops and the instructions call for 1-3 scoops per workout.

Personally I took 2 scoops in roughly 16 oz. of water approximately 25 minutes preworkout. I'll be breaking this review down into multiple categories and it will be LONG, so feel free to skip to the bottom for a brief, comprehensive summary if you don't want to read all the details.

I want to note that I've tried upwards of 15 different preworkout products, including all of the major players (Jack3d, Maniac, SuperPump, 1MR, Muscle Marinade, etc.). 1MR (old formula) is generally my go-to product as I like a heavy amount of stimulants.

TASTE: 8.5/10
      The flavor I received was Nitro Punch and I believe this is the only flavor currently available. It tastes very similar to C4, which in turn is almost identical to fruit punch Kool-Aid. I personally enjoyed the taste very much. It was tart and tasty without being overly sweet or having a chemical aftertaste. My only con was the amount of dye included in the powder. It will stain your tongue red like a cherry lollipop.

MIXABILITY: 8.2/10
      The bulk of the powder mixes excellently. There was never any foaming, nor does Supp-D leave any leftover grit in the bottom of the shaker cup. The only issue I experienced was clumping. The powder had a tendency to form a few clumped up balls during mixing that sometimes stubbornly stuck to the sides and bottom of my squeeze bottles. It was a small annoyance and some vigorous shaking was usually enough to break up the clumps.

PUMP: 8.1/10
      I generally don't buy preworkouts (or any product for that matter) for the purpose of "pump". I have developed the opinion that a solid pump can be obtained through hard training, and that any product that aids in this factor is just a bonus. Still, the agmatine sulphate and other vasodilators include in Supp-D do a nice job providing that extra stretch. While I didn't consistently receive "skin-tearing" pumps, there were several workouts where I become physically uncomfortable due to the tightening and swelling of my muscles. It was awesome to say the least, and a sensation I've only experienced when taking D-POL or Nitrox II.

FOCUS & ENERGY: 9.7/10
      Supp-D absolutely blew me away in these categories. 2 scoops put me in the money zone every single workout. I'd arrive at the gym chomping at the bit and ready to destroy my workout. I'd be focused and driven during every set, and just completely locked-on to what I was doing. I wanted to destroy the weights. It was incredible.

Today is a great example of the energy blast provided by Supp-D. I've had to wake up early all weekend for personal reasons. I'm heading into Week 4 of my Epi cycle and the lethargy is really starting to kick in. At 11:00 today I was dragging and did not want to go anywhere. I finally was able to get myself together and head to the gym, sipping Supp-D as I went out the door. By the time I got there I was fired up and ready to rock. I DESTROYED my leg work out; setting two PR's and adding in extra sets on top of my regular cardio session.

In addition to the phenomenal focus and energy, I did not ONCE feel any sort of crash from Supp-D. It provided the cleanest energy from any preworkout product I've tried. This includes 1MR and Muscle Marinade, both of which I happen to love. There were times when I overdosed or miss-timed my 1MR or MM and ended up feeling "cracked out" or experiencing a nauseous slump after my workout. Never once was this an issue with Supp-D. Furthermore I never felt uncomfortable during my cardio sessions which usually immediately follow my lifting sessions.

Truth be told, NLA Performance absolutely nailed the energy-stimulating profile in Supp-D.

CONSISTENCY: 10/10
      This is the first product I've rated on this factor but I feel it needs to be pointed out. One of my biggest issues with most pres is that they simply aren't consistent or I'll build up a tolerance very quickly. Such was the case with Jack3d, C4, Maniac, and most other "Tier-2" preworkout products on my list. MM and 1MR are my "Tier-1" products simply because I find one scoop to be strong enough almost every time.

Supp-D shines in this category. 2 scoops was perfect for me every time. I never even bothered pushing it to 3 as there simply wasn't a need. On top of that I've been on stimulants for a while and even still, Supp-D was effective and on-point. Very remarkable.

VALUE: 8.5/10
      A 45 scoop tub of Supp-D is $29.99 on NLA Performance's website. If you run 2 scoops per workout, the cost of a tub breaks down to about $1.36 per serving or roughly .66c per scoop. In comparison Jack3d, White Flood and Maniac will cost you a bit less at .50c per scoop, C4 will cost you exactly the same, and Assault, 1MR and Muscle Marinade will stretch your wallet at almost $1.00 per scoop.

Though some of the value of Supp-D will depend on how many scoops you'll need per workout, I find the product to be comparably priced to most other preworkout products on the market. While not the cheapest, it's also not the most expensive and yet the effects delivered are some of the strongest and cleanest in my experience.

OVERALL: 10/10
      I loved this product, plain and simple. It provided exactly what I wanted from my preworkout – strong, clean energy without a crash, laser-like focus, and a boost to pump production. The sheer consistency of the product was outstanding and the taste, mixability, and value are all on par with other preworkout products. The profile of Supp-D is strong and includes loads of beneficial ingredients as well as being creatine-free (which is almost impossible to find in a preworkout).

All in all, NLA Performance blew me away with Supp-D. I became absolutely addicted to the product and, despite wanting to take a break from stimulants during my PH cycle, found myself continually craving the product's effects. If you're a fan of preworkouts and are looking for the next big thing – give Supp-D a try. Stuff is LEGIT.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Strong Ingredient Profile
      • Amazing Clean Energy
      • Good Pumps

• SoCalLivin
          March 18, 2012

Finally, a NLA review that isn't a hit and run.

Nice job Cray.
        • FlashSunday
          March 18, 2012

Well done. I'm excited to give this stuff a try!
        • thinisin
          March 18, 2012

And thanks to Cray, the reputation of the company is saved! hahah
        • shinndigg
          March 18, 2012

Does this mean you will be defecting from Wormlabz Cray?
        • beastwl96

That sheee cray!

kevO

First off I want to thank NLA and the ER program for allowing me the opportunity to try out a tub of Supp-D. Preworkouts are obviously a dime a dozen these days, with countless solid products on the market currently. Supp-D is just another one to be added to that list.

Profile: 8/10

Profile: 8/10
        Supp-D contains most of your typical PWO ingredients, however it has a few nice inclusions you may not see in your standard PWO. The inclusion of several B vitamins, Amino Acids, L-carnitine and agmatine are a nice touch. Additionally, it contains some "˜No-Tropic Brain and Body Potentiaters'(whatever the hell that means lol). It has your standard pwo ingredients caffeine, 1,3dime, Beta Alanine, etc...And a big plus IMO NO Creatine which is always nice. My only issue here is these are all hidden within a prop blend, no bueno.

Well not too much to say here. Supp-D performed rather well and was consistent. It provided a nice jolt of clean, jitter-free energy with no crash at 1scoop. At 2-2+scoops it definitely had more of a kick to it, but nothing overwhelming. At 2-2+ scoops it was still smooth sailing with no crash, which is a big plus in my book. Only thing I have a gripe about is the fact that the agmatine did not give me anymore of a pump than Im used to, but that's not really a big deal. All in all, I must say it performed admirably throughout the entire tub.

Taste: N/A
        Don't really care how PWOs taste because I just slam them down in a few seconds, but Supp-D was pretty good either way. I have a huge gripe about the amount of red dye in this product though. I mean it was pretty ridiculous how much dye they put in it, just waaayy overboard. Who the hell cares if the color matches the flavor anyways?

At $30 a tub this is in the middle of the road in terms of PWO pricing, not bad but not great either.
        I really only needed 1-2scoops depending on how I was feeling that day, so all in all it's a fair value.

Supp-D is a good preworkout. It really doesn't have any glaring weakness and stands up to many of the better PWOs I have tried. I would not consider a top notch product but it is close nonetheless, worth a try in my humble opinion.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • No Comedown

• Cryoburner
            June 4, 2012

Nice review man. Did it stain your shaker or lips? Did people ask if you were wearing lipstick lol?
          • McGilla
            June 4, 2012

You mean this product isn't a 10 overall?! Some "expert" you are!
            June 4, 2012

About my thoughts too. solid preworkout, no creatine is a nice touch makes it more versitile

What's up brothers of the SR, today I want to drop another review on a product from a controversial company as of late, Supp-D from NLA performance. I want to thank Kevin from NLA for allowing me the honor of trying his product and give the company an honest review. I have become a Pre-workout guru using many and have been chosen to run quiet a few for different companies as well. NLA has been getting black balled in a way for the little letter the customer receives in their order, I wish the people took more time to write the review but it is drawing more traffic to our site and family at SR all and all A great idea and win for Tommy making his site more visible for the public. Let's jump into this review on yet another pre-workout.

------------------------Taste8.5/10----------

*this category has no bearing on overall review since taste means nothing! **

Supp-D seems to only have one flavor right now and it seems to be the most common and easiest to formulate. The flavor I received was fruit punch and it was a little too sweet for my liking but not horrible. It did have something I do happen to like and that is a medical after taste which to me means (maybe Bro-science) but it has quality products in it. Again having it be a PWO that you consume with only 6-8oz in a pretty short amount of time.

------------------------Dose/Timing 9.9/10---
          Very simple folks start with 1 scoop to access your tolerance 20-15minutes before a workout. After that experiment with the scoops that best performs for you again 20-15minutes pre-workout. For me I used between 2 and 3scoops depending on how I felt since I work out in the wee hours of the morning.

---------------Effectiveness/Focus 8/10------

This product worked well from start to finish it was good quality clean energy and solid focus for my whole workout with little to no crash. I would be ready willing to pound out solid 2hr workouts that would consist of heavy weights, monster sets, and little rest. I'm going to say this will make you lift a 1200lb bench press like the thread started, but it will help you plow through station to station and set to set with out letting you down.

The Focus I had on this was great. I had a significant increase in tunnel vision. Tunnel vision for me is a mind set I get into which allows me to tune out 90% of my surroundings and allows a deep focus on a task. Every time I picked up the weights I already pictured it in my head from start of lift to completion of lift, it was almost like I imagined doing it and I was there before.

------Content profile 6.8/10-----------------

I HATE BLENDS!!!! This product has big numbers of proven ingredients but they are all part of a large blend this concerns me because blends are tough to know what is what and how much of the proven ingredients you're getting or how much is filler. I will also say that this product works very well so I can only ASSUME that a greater portion of the blend is tried and proven ingredients. There are three blends all together which equal about 90% of the 5.8g serving the other 10% is vitamin filler. I wish all companies that use a blend stop and just list the damn ingredients I mean it must take more time to create this blend concoction over just saying 300mg of caffeine,2grams of beta-alanine and so on. Wish I could give it a higher score but there were just too many chemicals with out a proper indication of what you're taking in.

-----------------Value 6.5/10----------------

This product does work well and it delivered every time I used. Is there cheaper out there, yes is this a newer product from a newer company, yes does this tend to make the product a bit more expensive the answer is yes and I will explain why. Since NLA is not available at most retailers they don't have a wholesale price set up just yet and as of right now NLA is a small company with a small retail operation so they need to support there overhead before they hit the mass market. I may be off base, but since I'm in a marketing type job I'm pretty sure I nailed it on the head. As for value at 30.00 dollars for a tub that says 45 servings which would equal 1 scoop this would be perfect for a stim sensitive person but for a more serious lifter who is used to stims and they would need 2-3scoops this does raise the cost per serving quiet a bit. Again cost is not value cost is cost and as a value I don't like to pay 1.66 per serving since there are products cheaper that can do the same thing. I feel if this product reaches the main stream the price will become more inline but until then this is a bit steep for a product that is mainly a blend.

Overall this was a better then average product that delivered the goods before every workout. No this product will not allow you to become super human just by using it, but it will help you achieve better focus and give you a good boost of needed energy for your tough workouts. I would not be opposed to using this product again but they do need to get into the mass market so they can adjust the price a little bit. For me this product is priced slightly higher then I would like to see it but I do think if your looking for a better then average PWO from a company that really stands behind there product and is easy to get in contact with that also has great customer skills then give NLA a try. I will give NLA a hulk's seal of approval and a half seal of approval for Supp-D. as soon as the price comes down few buck's to 24.95 or less it will get a full seal and a ton more tubs sold.

-k-
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • No Comedown

• kevO
              August 16, 2012

Couldnt have picked a better time for a non biased, solid review of an NLA product. Good poo brother
            • Momo1
              August 16, 2012

OMG, a real review on this product!

Great review bro!
              August 16, 2012

Thanks guys appreciate it. it really isn't a bad product it just has been blackballed my retards.
              August 16, 2012

My retards hahaha percocet answers hahahah
            • MrAppleman
              August 16, 2012

"I’m going to say this will make you lift a 1200lb bench press"

damn this is a must buy for sure.
            • Meuth

Good stuff hulk!!
              August 17, 2012

Thanks meuth you know me my reviews kick ass!

August 17, 2012

Very nice you got jokes. now you watch you will get flamed by just about everyone who reads that comment so i don't have to. now i will say this cheif when you go from 190 to 310 due to a surgery then from 310 to 176 in under 12months you will have loose skin too. lets see if your stats and lifts can compete with me son. oh by the way after a hydrostatic bf%test im at 13% loose skin is not judged there sunshine. oh yeah zoolander face i guess you may be one ugly mofo to use a fake avatar. come at me bro or maybe i will let everyone else take you down for me.
              August 17, 2012

Any reason why you have to insult someone mogadishu?
            • Durden998
              August 17, 2012

Someone should tell this guy that there's a very thin line between a "fan" and a "stan"
            • Jpotter21
              August 17, 2012

Thats disrespectful and totally uncalled for bud. Nice review Hulk!
            • Mooselini
              August 18, 2012

Dude Moga, Hulk puts in hard work and the pride shows in his reviews not to mention his back is broken.

Dont disrespect hard workers bro
              August 18, 2012

Hulk I do have one problem with this review. You copied my scores 7,8,7 :)

• mhseaver670
              August 18, 2012

Moga are you mad they will not allow you to post your VAG up as avatar pic.
              August 18, 2012

Thanks guys what this kid does not know is even with a broken back i will out lift him and squat him. maybe he should take a look one of my routines. what can you do.
            • Meuth
              August 18, 2012

I'm sure he won't be around long. Directed here by NLA to drop his two halfass reviews and he won't be back. Pitiful
            • Jhelm31
              August 18, 2012

Is there anywhere else to get this aside from the NLA website? Everything is on back order and I want to try this asap

mhseaver670

Ok first off I want to thanks Thank the ER program and The guys from NLA, Specifically Kevin. He emailed me and very easy to talk to and work with and sent me this and frat pack.

Now I wll say this is not in anyway a unfair review, I received no mention of free supps for a good review. NO thats out of the way lets carry on.

OK I think we all love these PWO. But when we find one that works it really makes it that much better. I have to say I was a little sceptic at first, but after one scoop I knew how strong it was. So lets get into the review.

Taste 8
            I really didnt...

Taste 8
            I really didnt like or hate the taste. I just think It was not that good by itself, I dont really know why I didnt like though, Just was not what I liked. I will say that once I mixed it with my formula x and amino energy it was a really great blast of flavor!.

Ingredient. 8
            Ok Yes it has a amino acid blend which I do like and I honestly think this is one of the main reasons it works so well. BUT its a prop blend and I cant stand that. I understand why they do this, but I really like to know what makes one tick.
            The one thing I did notice is the brain and body potentiators . Now I will say that this is something I have not noticed on others, and I dont know what it does for sure. BUT I can say after taking this its like " the calm before the storm " feeling. Im so calm and focused its really like nothing I have ever felt.

Effectiveness 9
            Ok here is the good you want to know. Like I just mentioned this stuff is crazy strong and give tremendous focus and calmness. ( at least for me ) Im not jittery not nervous, just ready to dial my focus on my IRON. Also I will say that When I did get the chance to take 2 scoops the entire gym had to move out of the way. Complete focused on my motives!. Im glad I worked out alone on those days, If someone had been with me They would have gotten in the way!.

The one thing That I did not like (and HOnestly the only thing I didnt like) Was that when I worked out at 6 pm I could only use about 1/2 a scoop and at most 1 scoop. WHY?
            Well I like to have some late night action and when I took this I could pretty much forget about it or a good night sleep.

Now Like I said I was not nervous or jittery, just awake and wanting to do anything but sleep. And I guess it was the caffeine that was doing the other trouble.

OVERALL 9.5
            Not perfect but as close as any has come. If I find one that does all that this one does and has no (peter ) issue's I will be in love. lol
            A few things I dont like but not a huge issue.
            Its hard to find other than on the NLA site. This stuff would be huge if they sold at major stores.
            Has a weird scoop, Not really a issue just not used to those.
            NO CREATINE. THis is good , But some do like creatine in it. I think making that optional would be great.
            ONLY ONE FLAVOR!.. Come on guys WE LIKE CHOICES!!

The goods.
            Great energy and focus. I just dont know how I can stress that any more.
            It works EVRYTIME!. This is something I found frustating with some others.

I really think this is some great stuff!. Thanks again to NLA for the product.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • No Comedown
            • Amino Acids
            • Increased Happiness
            • Great Focus

• chefneilde
                August 13, 2012

Thanks for a solid review, until now I thought this stuff was just hype. I'll check it out.
              • Nutrexpert
                August 13, 2012

Awesome review man, I'm definitely gonna look into this because of this review.

First off, a big time thanks to GymJunkie and all the boys at NLA performance for sending me a tub of Supp-d, along with T-Blast which I have not used just yet, to try out. Now, as some may be aware of, Sr.com has had some heat with NLA performance in the past. However, I believe those storms have pretty much passed for the time being. Safe to say, the company has built a better relationship with SR over the year.

Supp-d is a pre-workout developed by NLA Performance designed to increase energy, aggression, focus, CNS stimulation, and pumps. Based on my experience, the product does deliver in some areas, but lacks in others in comparison to other pre-workouts that I've used. Still, supp-d did have its benefits during my use with it.

Taste (2): A two War? It couldn't have been that bad....well gentlemen let me say this: Supp-d appears to be available in two flavors including cherry lime aid and raspberry lemon rage. I was given the raspberry lemon rage and it was by far the worst tasting pre-workout flavor I had ever had. The overall aroma of the flavor was very strong and chemical like. GymJunkie reassured in his log that it is a flavor that takes getting used to. Needless to say, after developing a way to simply chug it as fast as I can to avoid the prolonged flavor and aftertaste I did become accustomed to tolerating it. What's even more daunting is that NLA performance advertises supp-d as a "delicious flavored powder". Maybe the cherry lime aid is better, but whoever coins the raspberry lemon rage as delicious needs to be punched in the face. I've advocated several times that taste is not a critical factor when it comes to products of this nature, but I thought I'd share this as my own two cents on the flavor. On a side note, the mixability of the product was fine.

Profile:

Supp-D Supplement Facts
              Serving Size: scoop (7g / 0.25oz)
              Servings per Container: 40

Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 1.8 mg 30%
              Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) 1.5 mg 75%
              SUPP-D
              Muscle Building Compounds: 4,800 mg **
              Norcoline, Beta Alanine, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG), Agmatine Sulfate, Glycine, BCAAs (L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Leucine), Carnitine Complex, L-Phenylalanine, L-Lysine, L-Theonine

Energy Simulating Compounds: **
              Norcoline, Beta-Phenylethanolamine HCI, Glucose Polymers, Caffeine Anhydrous, Schizandrol, Inositol, PAPA (Para-Amino Benzoic Acid, L-Tyrosine Alpha Keto Glutarate, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate

Noo-Tropic Brain and Body Potentiators: **
              Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE), L-Histidine, Vinpocetine (Vinca minor, lesser Periwinkle extract) (whole plant)

Supp-D Flavoring:
              Citric Acid

The almost all of the ingredient profile contains ingredients that we are all pretty much very familiar with or at least have an idea on what they influence based on reviews on other products that members including myself have detailed. Therefore, in the interest of time, I am not going to go into any unnecessary in-depth analysis mainly because there really isn't anything overly unique in the profile.

I personally think the only ingredients that may need a little description are the DMAE and periwinkle extract.

DMAE is said to be a precursor to acetylcholine which a neurotransmitter that plays numerous roles in muscular activity. Having increased levels of it results in more efficient muscular action potential.

Periwinkle extract is demonstrated to support healthy brain activity resulting in improved cognitive functions. Clearly, this helps in several areas when in engaging in heavy resistance activity.

Effectiveness: Rather than give this a straight up score here, even though I gave it a "7" in the intro score heading, I am going to detail the extent of the benefits based on my experience.

Focus (10): Supp-d definitely improved overall focus. My concentration on lifts was very much improved and I found myself feeling more confident with every lift. In short, focus is an area where supp-d truly gets points.

Aggression (8): While I think this can be more attributed to the ingredients in Osta rx, my aggression with supp-d was increased. I felt increased intensity particularly in my supersets and heavy compound movements which did translate into extra reps and sets overtime.

Energy (7): In the first week and a half, the energy with two scoops was very good, clean, and consistent. However, as the weeks progressed the energy influence began to gradually fade. In the last few days I tried three scoops, but found no significant increase in the energy benefactor. Some decent energy was still prevalent but not to the extent to which I find favorable.

Vascularity (9): Again, I believe a good majority of this can be attributed to osta rx, but I still beleive that supp-d did have its benefits here. My vascularity was noticeably improved throughout my use with supp-d and I had a good amount of pertrusion from my veins mainly in my arms and shoulders.

Pump (4): While the vascularity was a big plus, the "pump feel" from supp-d was minimal at best. I didn't really feel a subsequent amount pump in my trained muscles different from what I would usually experience from my high volume sets. Many users have reported the opposite and claimed the pumps were incredible. I guess I was a non-responder to this factor. Perhaps if I added some testogen xr the pumps would have been great since testogen xr gave me some of the best pumps ever when I combined it with a pre-workout.

Endurance (8): While using supp-d I found myself having more complimentary aerobic stamina when coupled with osta rx's endurance increasing benefits. I was running faster and longer and had more stamina on my heavy compound lift supersets.

In summary, supp-d did have its strengths mainly in vascularity, aggression, focus, and endurance. Energy overtime and pump on the other hand could use improvement.

Value (8): Factoring in the benefits I experienced from supp-d along with all of my complimenting supplements I would say that for a price range of 26-35 dollars, supp-d is reasonably priced. Although, if you find yourself using three scoops, the cost could add up as the product would only last you two weeks at this dosage. Still, supp-d is one of the more affordable pre-workouts I've seen on today's market.

Overall (7.5): In comparison to other pre-workouts that I've used such as Speed X3, Supp-d is worth a try but not something I would recommend over others like speed x3 or even Razor8 (which I've also used in the past). Still, it did get the job in the more basic areas done and I'd say for the benefits, a 7.5 is fair. In closing, give supp-d a try and if you are a more stim-tolerant individual, don't hesitate to go for more than one scoop. After a brief off period I am going to try BSN's Hyperfx next.

One last thanks to NLA Performance and GymJunkie for hooking me up!!!

WARMACHINE OUT!!! GO RED SOX!!!!
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Increased Vascularity
              • Felt Lifted
              • Great Focus
              • Amino Acids
              • Mood Elevation

• chefneilde
                  October 25, 2013

Nice review but I wouldn't even try this if it was the greatest product ever and it was free.
                • AS79
                  October 25, 2013

Same for me Chef.

Gkeezy

I wanted to give a big thank you to NLA for throwing this product and T-Blast my way for a log.

I will try to keep this review concise and to the point.

Supp-D claims are the following as advertised on their website:

Increased Explosion and Strength Gains
                Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber Activation
                Maximal Vasodialation
                Enhanced CNS Activation

So it is only fair that I rate this product based on the claims they make, and how they worked for me in particular.

I will try to keep this review concise and to the point.

Supp-D claims are the following as advertised on their website:

Increased Explosion and Strength Gains
                Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber Activation
                Maximal Vasodialation
                Enhanced CNS Activation

INGREDIENTS: WarMachine did a fantastic job on the ingredient list so I will not go into the details. Please visit his fantastic review for them.

TASTE: 7/10 - I have read other reviews and people say this thing tastes terrible. I got the Raspberry Lemon rage. Here is the thing with this taste. The more water you added the better it tasted. It had a tart like sour flavor, which I actually enjoyed very much. The problem with most preworkouts is that they are overly sweet, and it was quite refreshing to find this product to have a sour taste. The problems with this as you got to the bottom of the container it became more and more sour, but it was nothing that you could not gulp down in one try. I actually enjoyed this flavor more then a ton of other pre workouts out on the market.

DOSAGE: 6/10 - So here is the dosage problems. It says on the directions to keep this between 1-2 scoops. I felt almost no energy on this at 1 scoop, when I upped it to 2 scoops, thats when it started to kick in, but at 2.5 scoops it was the sweet spot for me.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10 - This did a solid for me as a preworkout giving me the energy I needed to get through a workout.

ENERGY: 10/10 - The energy was FANTASTIC. It was clean and kept me going for a good 2+ hours. With most pre workouts the energy levels decrease as you get more and more towards the bottom of the tub (meaning you begin to grow a tolerance to this), but it was not the case for me. I had the same energy from the beginning to the end of the tub.

PUMPS: 0/10 - Pumps? What Pumps? Absolutely non-existent. I mean if seeing my face turn absolutely red is considered a pump, then I guess... no.. no pumps, sorry.

FOCUS: 7/10 - The focus was spot on. It gave me tunnel vision more than anything else, but I like it that way, keeps me more focused on the tasks at hand.

VALUE: 5/10 This goes online for like $35, and maybe you can find it some places a lot cheaper. The problem is you won't stay at one scoop, you will def increase this to 2-3 per workout, and this tub will disappear fast. It should be a lot cheaper for what you are really getting.

OVERALL: 8/10 - I would have to give this product an 8 out of 10. This is a solid Pre workout, that will help you achieve your desired Beast Mode in the gym. The only problem is that it will go by too quick, and you will be sad when you get to the bottom of the tub and there is nothing left.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Good Sour Taste

• WarMachine
                    October 28, 2013

You enjoyed that taste?

Damn Gkeezy, your a bigger man than me LOLOL

Great review as always
                    October 28, 2013

Yes I found it refreshing and crisp :)

In the pantheon of extremely late reviews, the day has finally come for me to review me some Supp-D! First and foremost, I'd like to thank FlashSunday for the chance to give this product a run. He was able to get it initially from the folks at NLA through the expert reviewer group but couldn't take the product so he generously made an offer I couldn't refuse!

Some quick background: NLA got off to a sketchy start on SR due to some reviews that were believed to be spam, but the quality level of their products has saved their reputation. This can be said for Supp-D, which is yet another company's take on a concentrated, Jack3d-esq type of preworkout. It's not loaded with stims and it has a pretty comprehensive mix of pump, endurance, energy, etc. ingredients. Here's the full breakdown.

Servings Per Container: 45, 6.161 g per scoop
                  Various Vitamins (Mostly B Vitamins)
                  Muscle Building Compounds: 4.425 g
                  Amino Blend, GPLC, Arginine AKG, Agmatine Sulphate, Carnosyn, Creatine Ethyl Ester
                  Energy Stimulating Compounds: 925 mg
                  L Tyrosine AKG, Vitamin Blend, Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, Schizandrol A
                  NO-Tropic Brain + Body Potentiators: 750 mg
                  Phosphatidylcholine, Histidine AKG, DMAE

First thing's first, I took 2 scoops each usage so double all of the values. Also you'll notice there's prop blends, a big pet peeve of mine. Even at 2 scoops I have no clue if any of the ingredients will hit the clinical dosage mark. For example, the GPLC clinical dose is 4.5 g. If the entire prop blend for 2 scoops would be 8.8 g, this would mean that over half of that prop blend would have to be GPLC to have an effect, which I HIGLY doubt.

Another note about the GPLC in this product: I noticed that there was no mention of the patented version of the ingredient in here. I've done the research and have found that GPLC, much like CreaPure and Carnosyn Beta Alanine, are patented ingredients. General recommendation is to be wary when you don't see the "TM" over the ingredient due to the chance that it's bunk. I will say I got better than average pumps with the Supp-D, so the GPLC is probably legit. It's just a weird thing I can't be sure about.

Profile: 8

Overall, I'll give the profile an 8. It was a solid attempt by NLA to incorporate pump, strength, endurance, energy, and focus ingredients. But with the prop blends you just never know how much your getting. And don't think they snuck that goddamn Arginine by me without noticing lol HATE IT!

Value: 8

For value, Supp-D also grabs an 8. Apparently there is a special going on the NLA website, which is one of the only places I can find this stuff for sale. But with a sale price of $30, and at 2 scoops per workout, this will last you about 22 days and cost about $1.36 per workout. For how the product works and tastes, this is a competitive value. Nothing outrageous, but even at the normal $40 cost, it's not like the $1.81 per workout is breaking the bank.

Taste/Dosing: 9

I mentioned taste earlier, and this is where Supp-D shines. If you remember from my log (ages ago) I remember describing to you guys that the taste grew on me from about day 3 on. This stuff is flat out delicious. The Nitro Punch is a mix between fruit punch and red kool aid with a nice lemon-lime finish. Very strange, I know, but once you get used to it you crave it. The only drawback I can find that would be taste-related would be the mixability would sometimes be a bit troubling and the powder mixes RED. Like lava red, and it sticks to the shaker and your teeth a bit. Nothing extra water can't fix, but I can't help but shuttering at all of the fillers that must be in there to make it act that way.

As far as dosing goes, 2 scoops with water right before you lift. Standard pre stuff, no drawbacks.

Effectiveness: 8

Supp-D had an interesting mix of effects on me through the course of the 3+ weeks. It's not stim heavy at all, and even at 2 scoops it was relatively mild in the stim department. But also remember I'm a stim junkie lol. This can be a pro for some because they don't want to feel like a crack addict while they lift. Understandable, and I have to admit I don't like that feeling 6 times a week either but I would like to see some more energy out of this stuff.

Any lack of energy was made up for in the focus department. Along with a good pump, the focus was there every workout without fail. Not sure if it's from the Schizandrol A or a goodie in the focus prop blend, but it did the trick for me. Not "tunnel vision" that everyone craves, but it's definitely just you and the weights. Add in some good metal music and the weight room becomes your personal sanctuary.

Speaking of the pump, AGAIN because of the prop blend I can't pinpoint what did the trick. Agmatine? GPLC? I know I respond to both very well on their own, so combined (even at a lower dose) they worked well. Not as intense as a nitrate pump but it could be felt after the warmup set every time and didn't leave until well after I was out of the gym.

The strength and endurance from the Supp-D was average or slightly above. It does have Carnosyn in it but the tingles were never consistent, and that's basically an indicator of the BA working in your body. And with the CEE at the back end of the prop blend, there can't be much, even in a 2 scoop serving. But I don't necessarily take pre's for an endurance boost, even though that's a plus for sure. I look for a pump, focus, and an increase in explosiveness. Supp-D supplies the first two but lacks in the explosiveness dept. a bit.

Overall: 8

The final verdict on the Supp-D, all these days later: go for it. I liked it because I like pre's that give a pump, and this fits the bill. If you're a stim junkie, there are better options out there. But I also like that even though there are prop blends, you can add other things to this without a problem. By that I mean you can add your own creatine on top of the CEE in the prop blend because it's a trace amount to begin with and won't cause any negative sides. Same can be said for beta alanine, aminos, even stims. Also, if you're looking for a unique taste that you'll actually look forward to drinking, give Supp-D a whirl. Solid 8's across the board.

Well, that only took me 4 months too long!
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Good Pumps
                  • No Comedown

Male, 190lbs, 6'0"
                    27 years old

Just as a preface, this is the first review i've ever written for anything. I thought this product was worth the review, especially since there are fake reviews on this website for it. I'm going to try to think of everything I can, and even review insignificant things like one of my cons(awkward scoop).

Male, 190lbs, 6'0"
                    27 years old

As a background - I'm not a work out nut. I'm in good shape for my age, and care more for lean/athletic type muscle rather than big and bulky. I'm a soccer player, but my goal is a wide-receiver type physicality. For this reason, i normally stick with pre-workout supplements and use creatine during building stages.

Prior to using Supp-D, for the last few years i've been using NO-Xplode with minimal results. More maintaining rather than getting anything extra out of it. I've tried jack3d, 1mR(once), and Cell-tech a few years ago. I work out about 5-6 days a week, and run about twice-to-three times a week.

Currently i'm taking Supp-D, plus creatine mono

My review:

Honesty of Advertisement(3/10)
                    The reason I score this low is because the Supp-D facebook page literally requests people to go to supplemental reviews and provide a review so they can get a free supply of Supp-D. This means people are giving this product 10 scores without even having tried the product. Really dishonest. The reviews at SR.com is what made me purchase the product, only to find out they were falsified. There are a few actual reviews... and the company is willing to give out free samples to try before buying, so for this reason, i'm giving a 3

Design/Value
                    You get 30 servings in the container similar shape to Jack3d, so not bad for $30. I'd prefer 40 servings, as i can normally make that last 2 months rather than just 1. Design is good, but one of my minor cons is it has a weird scoop. The scoop is too big for the container, so its difficult to close the bottle. (Really insignificant, but figured i'd mention it) I cut the end off the scoop and no more problem.

Flavor/Mixing(6/10)
                    The flavor is a poor-man's Kool-aid. Its "ok". Not great, but not bad to drink. The powder leaves clumps at the bottom, but nothing that you can't just add a little extra water too and swallow down. Its probably a good thing it doesnt taste great as it means there is not a lot of sugar and artificial junk in it.

Stomach Effect(7/10)
                    As with any stimulant, it does cause you to want to use the bathroom. Both 1 and 2. Get through the first round, and you're smooth sailing. No worse than any other product I've used - Xplode, or jack3d.

Effectiveness(9/10)
                    This product does not give you a crack-ish feeling. For those who like the rush of energy, don't expect it from this product. What it does give you is extreme focus, and a desire to work out. It my opinion, thats 10x better. If i was going to go on a run, i'd probably use a product like xplode for a little extra umph. But for the gym, Supp-D is perfect. I'm excited to work out each time, and i'm able to rip through my sets, with the desire to do more.

Sensation(9/10)
                    This is in additional to effectiveness, but the sensation you get is a sort of "numbness" on your muscles. Not a drowsiness or anything negative, but a feeling that sort of dulls the pain of doing those last few reps you couldnt normally bear. I was consistently able to do extra reps time after time...sometimes not even realizing i was on rep 15, when i only set out to rep 10. The first day using this, I repped 275 ten times on the bench press, when prior to that day, the most i had done was 7ish times.

Skin Tearing Pumps(as the bottle explains)9/10
                    I have to say this is pretty true. I've never cared much for pumps, but this product definitely provides them and its pretty sweet. I came home after my workout and my girlfiend said "oh my god" when she saw the size of my bicep. Definitely delivers on this aspect

Come Down/Sleep(9/10)
                    As there is no real blast of stimulating energy, there is really no come-down either. No depression type feeling, or blah feeling. I didnt find myself getting upset or stressed out about small things. Also, so far, I've had no problem sleeping, which is a huge plus for me. My workouts are normally around 6pm, so the wrong stimulant will definitely keep me up at night, which i hate.

Builds Muscle(to be announced)
                    With its effectiveness rating above, i can only imagine i'm going to be building some serious muscle, but i havent been on it long enough yet. I'll come back and update my review after a full month

Tolerance(to be announced)
                    Too early to say, but i will provide an update after a full month's use

Overall - 9/10
                    I have to say even with all the false reviews, i am very impressed with this product. For me, it fits my style and desire of not getting cracked out, but having plenty of focus and desire to keep working out. Its difficult to say how much the creatine i'm taking contributes to my results and workouts, but as of now -- I am definitely endorsing this product. I think you will like it.

If there is any additional information you'd like to know... i'd be happy to provide that as well with my next update
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Good Pumps
                    • Numbness
                    • No Crack-ish Feeling

• RaleighReps
                        April 16, 2012

Nice 1st review, bro. Welcome!
                      • ATex
                        April 16, 2012

Is there no way to edit a review. I'd like to add/adjust a few things.

Value -- I'm going to increase the value on this product as i re-read and there are 45 servings. This is much better in my opinion -- I can give this a 9/10.

Addition to Sensation category--
                        Supp-D seems to increase its effectiveness as your workout continues...almost as its waiting to determine what muscle you're working on before it begins working. As you begin stimulating that muscle, it seems to initiate that "numbness" feeling I tried to describe. In essence, your first set seems to be more difficult than your 3rd, 4th, and 5th sets. I recommend doing a decent amount of low-rep warm ups for each muscle group, before really lifting. This shoudl allow the numbness effect to take hold.

Hydration (no rating)
                        I experienced a decent amount of cotton mouth while on the product. I wasnt dying of thirst like with other products ive taken, but I did find myself going to the water founding just to get the dryness out of my mouth a few times.

I'll update more with progress... hopefully there is a way to edit my original post to make it easier.
                      • Cryoburner
                        April 16, 2012

Did you finish the entire tub?

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.