Lean Pro Matrix

By: Next Level Nutrition

Lean Pro Matrix is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Next Level Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Does Lean Pro Matrix work?
petey7408

February 19, 2011

Lean Pro Matrix is one of the many excellent products that is little known on the market. It is a Nutrition Zone exclusive as it is from their house brand, Next Level Nutrition.

Taste: 9.5/10
This is one area that truly shines for Lean Pro Matrix. I have always been and still am a Pro Complex guy, but the taste of Lean Pro Matrix is one area that has been unsurpassed for me when it comes to blended proteins. Personally, I've had the Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Vanilla, and the Strawberry Banana and they are all outstanding.

Mixability/Texture: 9.6/10
Once again, this product is outstanding in this category. It mixes easily with the recommended amount of water with little to no clumping. For a product that contains casein, it is surprisingly smooth without that characteristic 'gritty' texture associated with some of the other blends that have the casein in it.

Ingredient Profile: 9.6/10
The one thing that Lean Pro Matrix has that Pro Complex doesn't is the inclusion of casein. I was also very impressed that they certainly didn't cut any corners in quality with the main source of protein being cross-filtered whey protein isolates and also including casein, egg proteins as well as colostrum. With added natural digestive enzymes and 34g of protein per scoop, I'd say they have a winner here.

Effectiveness: 9.0/10
This, just like many other proteins is a hard area to judge since its something that you don't necessarily 'feel'. However, with this product (like many others that I have reviewed), I have tried it on bulking, cutting, as well as maintenance phases to gauge its performance. I was pleased with no digestive issues, and no muscle loss on the cutting phases. This would be a protein blend suitable for either between meals or post workout.

Price: 8.8/10
This is the only drawback for me when it comes to this protein. While it is a pricey protein (just like other outstanding blends like Pro Complex), I feel that the outstanding ingredient profile does well to justify the price.

Overall: 9.5/10
This is a great protein that I would encourage everyone to try. You can get it from either their online website or from your local Nutrition Zone. This is a great protein with an excellent overall profile. Next Level Nutrition has a great product here and Nutrition Zone made a wise choice to use this as their 'house' protein.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Outstanding Taste
  • Outstanding Profile
  • A Little Pricey

• kroberts9
    February 19, 2011

As always a great review.would you say its better than myofusion?
    February 19, 2011

Yes, from my personal experience, I definitely prefer the Lean Pro over the Myofusion.

Flavor isn't everything, but I had tried (and loved) the Chocolate Mint Lean Pro so I thought that Myofusion would be good in that flavor as well....Huge, huge mistake.

• kroberts9
    February 19, 2011

Thats funny, i love the choc mint myofusion. i use 18oz skim and 2 scoops its like a milk shake.but we are all different. I think i'll give the lean pro a whril.
    If you say its good
    i put all my faith in your reviews. I have put on a ton of good mass with your lean bulk diet.
    February 19, 2011

Glad to hear you're liking the diet man :)

• Wrestler152

Where can you buy this?
    February 20, 2011

Nutrition Zone or their website.

www.nutritionzoneonline.com

• Ecko3389
    February 20, 2011

Nice review, Just wana add pro complex 4.6 lbs you get 28 servings, lean pro matrix you get 57 servings so i think you get a good value for your buck since you said price was a drawback. I am currently using the orange creamsickle and it is amazing!
    February 20, 2011

Keep in mind though that Pro Complex is 60g of blended protein a serving while the Lean Pro is only 34g a serving, so they are about the same price/serving.

-AP
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.