Kinetic Reviews

By: Neon Sport

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Kinetic is a BCAA manufactured by Neon Sport. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Eware
  July 21, 2014

Well, it's an amino acid product. I don't feel any different while taking it but that's to be expected. It doesn't mix very well immediately but unfortunately that's the case with most supplements containing amino acids. Shake or swirl before each sip and you're all set, or let it sit a little longer and it will dissolve.

My preference is to take BCAAs without added SAAs. For my use 1 serving of Kinetic is underdosed and 2 servings is perfect at 5g of BCAAs. Kinetic wouldn't be my first choice as a BCAA product, but if it is on sale it is a good option. On the other hand if you're looking for a product with SAAs, it is an excellent choice.

The flavoring is great. I'm sure if you've used similar amino acid products before you've had at least one with that bitter taste. Not here. All 3 flavors available do a great job of covering up the taste of the amino acids. My one gripe is that all 3 are too sour; I suspect the amount of added citric and malic acid could be reduced (or removed entirely) as the ingredients in the Kinetic Energy Blend already impart this flavor.

Anyway, here's how I'd rank them:

1. Watermelon
2. Fruit Punch
3. Lemon Berry

Watermelon is great. I thought it tasted a little better than the watermelon flavor of Volt, but that may be due to the fact that I sip Kinetic and drink Volt much faster. One serving with 8oz of water is a bit too strongly flavored for me, but it is perfect with 10-12oz of water.

Fruit Punch is my second favorite flavor. It's very close to being a toss up between Fruit Punch and Watermelon, and I'd say you can't go wrong with either. It seems to me that 10-12oz of water is the sweet spot for this flavor, similar to the others.

The Lemon Berry flavor is definitely more acidic than I'd like, a little more water helps with that. I'm biased against berry flavors but this is almost like drinking lemonade, and while I prefer the other flavors I like it more than expected.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Tasting
cfellenbaum
  March 17, 2014

Thank you to Neon Sport (Cellucor) and Cory for letting me sample Kinetic!! Kinetic is an awesome BCAA and SAA blend that really takes the DOMS down after an intense workout! Day after leg day felt so much better!!!

********Dosing: And we have 4G of SAA and amino acids, 2.5G of BCAAs, some Raw coconut water, and L carnitine per scoop to top this blend off. My opinion is 2 scoops per training day makes this a solid dosed profile for kicking delayed onset muscle soreness effect out of tomorrow's schedule! Some people may find that one scoops works, my training said otherwise (more on the intense side). Giving this an 8/10!

*******Effect/ Recovery: My dosing was 2 scoops and wow this really helped with my DOMS the next day!! My muscles don't feel completely stiff and tight (I do stretch and foam roll every day). This will really make a difference if you are not using BCAAs or only getting very little of them! Day after leg day stairs are much more tolerable haha! Kinetic definitely played a role in my recent PRs (I have used 2 containers so far), and defeating DOMS the next day. Quality BCAA blend right here, 9/10 for recovery!

********Taste: YUM sums this category up best!! Lemon berry is the sour, watermelon is sweet, and fruit punch is right in the middle! I would have to say these three flavors hit a vast amount of taste buds out there! Watermelon tastes like Volt watermelon flavor, fruit punch made me think of Nzero's fruit punch even though it has been awhile. Lemon berry is not quite a sour patch kid type but if you are a fan of sour drinks and like lemon, this is for you! 10/10 lemon berry for me, and 8/10 for watermelon and fruit punch!

********Mixability/ Timing: Every BCAA powder I have used has at least minimal floaters after I first shake it, key is how long does it take them to dissolve? Kinetic will usually dissolve in 20 to 30 minutes depending on how much water is mixed into it. My preference with most BCAAs is 10 ounces per scoop, this works very well with Kinetic and doesn't leave much behind after you drink it all. I still put more water in after Im done with any BCAAs just to make sure I drank it all hahaha! 9/ 10 in my book here!
Timing: I prefer drinking this during my workout or in the morning on my rest days. Usually best to wait about 20 minutes to let the floaters dissolve thoroughly. I don't see much left behind after I am done drinking at the end of my workout either! This goes in the mixability category since it depends on when you mix the powder, let it settle, and drink it.

********Ingredient Profile: Raw coconut water is what really makes this even more unique than just 8G SAA and 5g SAA per 2 scoop serving! Raw coconut water will help in hydration to put water back into your muscles, really good benefit here coming from a BCAA blend! L carnitine helps turn food into energy and metabolize fat. 8/10 for ingredients!

*******Value: With most BCAAs I take 2 scoops per training day. This puts 2 scoops per day at $2.40, lasting 15 days if you buy regular price ($36) on bodybuilding.com for 30 servings . I would recommend finding a deal like BOGO or buy 2 get 1 free. Overall not the most I have paid for a quality BCAA blend, but not the cheapest. Ill rate a 7/10 on pricing.

*******Other notes: Kinetic stacks well with any line of products for any goal. If you are recovering from any injury and consistent with stretching, foam rolling, strengthening weaker opposing muscle groups ect... this will help in your journey as well!!

******* Overall another quality, effective, and great tasting product from Neon Sport!! 8/10!!

• Great Recovery!
  • Somewhat Pricey
slauer
  January 22, 2014

A special thanks to Neon Sport for giving me the opportunity to try this product. I took Kinetic during every workout for 30 workouts. I did not consume on non-training days, but I typically train at least 6 days per week, so there were only 3 or 4 days during my trial that I did not drink it

Dosage: 10/10. One container of Kinect comes with 300 grams, which is good for 30 servings. Although the suggested use on the container says to take "one to two" scoops, I stuck with one scoop each day intra-workout so I would not run through the container too quickly.

Taste/Mixability: 10/10. Lemon Berry tastes awesome. I mixed it with 20oz of water and sipped on it throughout my workout each day. It is not too sweet even and has a slight sour hint from the lemon, which I love. Kinetic mixes quickly and thoroughly in any shaker cup. Mixing it with a spoon will leave clumps of powder at the top of the cup, however, that is consistent with every other BCAA powder I have tried. The taste profile and mixibility of Kinetic is comparable to Cellucor Cor-Performance BCAA.

Effectiveness: 9/10. I did notice that I was a little less sore on days after hard workouts, but my body does not usually get overly sore anyways. Where Kinetic really shined was with intra-workout endurance. I was able to stay in the gym longer and had the energy to power through those last sets and reps. These extra reps are what helped me add 10 lbs to my bench while taking Kinetic.

Value: 7/10 With a MSRP of $44.99, Kinetic is one of the pricier BCAA products on the market, but you can usually find a promo on bodybuilding.com that lowers that price significantly. Value is subjective and depends on the person using it though, so it's hard to effectively rate. Personally, that is too pricey for me, but to each their own.

Overall, Kinetic is a great product and I highly recommend it if you can afford it. I definitely noticed a difference in terms of endurance and reduced soreness. I look forward to trying some of the other Kinetic flavors in the future.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Soreness
  • Good Tasting
lwalkley99
  November 17, 2013

First off, thanks to Neon Sport and CoryReps for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. I was lucky enough to try this awesome product out and here is my take on Neon Sport's Kinetic BCAA/SAA.

Taste: 9/10
Neon Sports sent me the fruit punch flavor. I gave it a 9/10 primarily because it tasted somewhat in between the powder Gatorade Fruit Punch and the Fruit Punch Kool Aid.

Mixability: 9/10
I'd give Kinetic a 9/10 for mixability because it did mix very well, however due to the leucine, little flakes still floated around.

In all honesty, I believe Neon Sports really matched the other top brands such as SciVation's Xtend and Cellucor's BCAA (yes, I know Neon Sports is through Cellucor). I have been a diehard Xtend fan primarily because of the price, as well as its effectiveness. However, after trying Kinetic, I might switch over if the price is right. I felt a lot less tired in the gym when I was taking it as an intra. I stacked this with Muscle Pharm's Assault and my energy was a lot more constant and I felt even more focused than with just the Assault. I always saw myself in the gym longer and working harder when I was taking this. Most importantly, I did not feel sore the next day, even on leg day. This product really helped my overall workout and I could ultimately feel a difference when I was not on it.

I really enjoyed this product, however I gave it a 8/10 strictly on the price of it. It gave me exactly what I expected with a BCAA supplement and possibly even more. I actually like this product a lot and would love to make it my go to BCAA supplement. I really could tell a difference when I was on Kinetic and when I was not taking it. I hope this review helps those deciding on what Intra to take and I am here for any questions you may want to ask.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Soreness
  • Good Tasting