Neon Sport Kinetic

Kinetic Neon Sport User Rating: (4 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 45% (Suspicious)
LOWEST Prices for Kinetic (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
34.99 Buy Kinetic Thousands of Supplements! Buy Kinetic
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9
Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof Reviews
Bullet Proof (36 Reviews)
APS Mesomorph Reviews
Mesomorph (32 Reviews)
SciVation Xtend (New Formula) Reviews
Xtend (New Formula) (29 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Kinetic by Neon Sport (the new branch of cellucor)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/neon-sport/kinetic.html Coming in late July s...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Kinetic Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Kinetic Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Tasting (3)
    • No Soreness (2)
    • Increased Energy (2)
    • Good Taste (2)
    • Somewhat Pricey (2)
    • Too Expensive (1)
    Have you used Kinetic? Submit your own Review!
    April 10, 2014

Wheytomuch

Reviews: 1

Age: 22

April 10, 2014
    Do BCAAs really help us? Or should we just eat some keep pounding down protein like we've always done? What are the benefits of BCAAs, and SAAs? Who should take BCAAs, and when? Is it worth your money to buy these products?

Hey all, I've been given the chance to try out the new Neon Sport BCAA/SAA supplement called Kinetic. Firstly, let me say that I've been skeptical about the benefits of branch chain amino acids. Nevertheless, I've tried to come at this product from an open mind.
    Taste: Let's start this off with a bit of a taste test shall we? After all what's the point if a drinkable amino acid supplement doesn't taste good? I got the lemon berry flavor, and I gotta say It tastes pretty darn good. It's always a good thing when a supplement tastes good. Compared to other BCAA supplements, such as, Amino energy and Blox by BPI I'd put it right in the middle of the lineup. Also, it mixes very easily in 8oz of water. The biggest point about it is that it doesn't taste to watered down when you put it into about 12-14oz of water. When allot of us get done doing cardio, or a brutal leg day we don't want to drink just 8oz that's just... well not enough. So, I do like that it takes more water than the standard 6oz mix that allot of other amino acid supplements use. In the future I would really like to see some BCAA supplements be able to taste fantastic with more water because I'd rather not use more servings to have a satisfying reward after doing cardio in the morning.
    A little research?: I've been doing alot of reading on these so called studies done on amino acid supplements. From what I've gathered from sites, such as examine.com, scholar.google.com, and my own GVSU database search. BCAA's particularly leucine can potentially promote skeletal muscle protein synthesis (Shimomura, Y). However, in a study done on rats it was more appropriate to have a balanced ratio of 2:1:1 (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in order to not offset the balance of the BCAAs within the body. The purpose in taking this supplement would be to reduce muscular fatigue, late onset muscle soreness, and possible fat oxidation. On examine.com much of studies done on BCAAs are of people who participate in prolonged exercises, and not weight lifting for 45minutes-1hr like me. I believe that BCAA amino acids would benefit those people who take them consistently in larger doses (30g+) of a 2:1:1 ratio. That said, Kinetic has a 5g blend (3:1:1) with a 8g blend of SAAs. I think this product is underdosed in terms of BCAAs.
    In terms of SAAs acids studies done on rats showed that over time progressively got better in a forced swim test (examine.com). This was done over a 2 week period with dosages of 500mg/kg of body weight. Now I weigh 160lbs... that's 72.6 kg multiplied by 500mg = 36.3grams. compared to the 8grams per suggested serving of SAAs in Kinetic. I believe both the BCAAs and SAAs are underdosed in many supplements. In order, to get the effect that allot of these studies. Do we need much more BCAAs and SAAs to see similar effects?
    HOW'D you actually feel?? After a few weeks of using it simply as a post-workout drink taking 2 scoops close to the end of my workout, or just before cardio I noticed I was excited to get on the treadmill. Just thinking check out this uh-mazin lemonade drink I've got that's helping me get results. Screw muscular fatigue I've got my BCAAs, is a potent combo. I'd say for forty dollars I would rather buy 4 packs of quality protein at meijer for $2.00s a pound when it goes on sale. Bottom line, focus on the macro things you take in. Much of our foods are packed with a diversity of amino acids. We've been on this earth a long time, and our bodies know how to drain nutrients out of food. All those Villi in your intestines are designed to suck those proteins up. As a result, we're very adapt at taking in amino acids; otherwise, there wouldn't be a point in weight lifting because we'd never put on muscle. Why all the sudden do we NEED BCAAs? If you can afford it the tagible benefits are there just I'm a college student, and I'd rather spend my money on more important things like ramen, and tuna? You can't replace food with a powder (lookin' at you whey protein). I mean it's a nice mental affect of it, but I think most of my experience was tainted with my readings. All things considered, suck it up princess get a podcast and do your cardio, 400lbs is still 400lbs BCAAs don't make superhuman.
    The people who would benefit the most from this supplement would possibly be those deprived of said BCAAs, and SAAs; such as, long distance runners, swimmers, and possible those who like to do intermittent fasting. In many of those cases the bodies skeletal muscle tissue has been relatively depleted on glycogen. The last thing those people want is to have their bodies catabolize themselves, and turn to skeletal muscle tissue as an energy source. So, BCAAs may provide a benefit to those individuals who would like the extra edge a supplement like Kinetic may provide. As well as, the added benefit of protein synthesis spurred by the leucine, and assisting valine/isoleucine.
    In the future, I'd like to see companies focus on the things like just a solid BCAAs supplement with the appropriate dosages, or close to them. yet, that would be a very expensive product. As a result, the placebo effect may have given me the extra edge, and happier disposition to my workouts.

*a side note* I try to eat about 2,700 calories a day 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fats which gives me over 1g per pound of body weight of protein in a day. I weigh about 153-154lbs in the morning. I train in a push, pull, legs off routine, with 30 minutes of low intensity cardio post workout 3 days a week. Trying to put on weight slowly, and not feel hungry all day when I study for school. my incline bench is 160 for sets of 5x8, deadlift 245 4x8, and squat 225 5x7.

Works cited
    Shimomura, Y., Murakami, T., Nakai, N., Nagasaki, M., & Harris, R. A. (2004). Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: Effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during Exercise1. The Journal of Nutrition, 134(6), 1583S-1587S. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.gvsu.edu/docview/197447484?accountid=39473
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Tasting
    • Less Sore
    • Somewhat Pricey
    March 17, 2014

cfellenbaum

Reviews: 2

Age: 21

March 17, 2014
    Kinetic: Neon Sport's Recovery Blend of BCAAs, SAAs and more!

Thank you to Neon Sport (Cellucor) and Cory for letting me sample Kinetic!! Kinetic is an awesome BCAA and SAA blend that really takes the DOMS down after an intense workout! Day after leg day felt so much better!!!

********Dosing: And we have 4G of SAA and amino acids, 2.5G of BCAAs, some Raw coconut water, and L carnitine per scoop to top this blend off. My opinion is 2 scoops per training day makes this a solid dosed profile for kicking delayed onset muscle soreness effect out of tomorrow’s schedule! Some people may find that one scoops works, my training said otherwise (more on the intense side). Giving this an 8/10!

*******Effect/ Recovery: My dosing was 2 scoops and wow this really helped with my DOMS the next day!! My muscles don’t feel completely stiff and tight (I do stretch and foam roll every day). This will really make a difference if you are not using BCAAs or only getting very little of them! Day after leg day stairs are much more tolerable haha! Kinetic definitely played a role in my recent PRs (I have used 2 containers so far), and defeating DOMS the next day. Quality BCAA blend right here, 9/10 for recovery!

********Taste: YUM sums this category up best!! Lemon berry is the sour, watermelon is sweet, and fruit punch is right in the middle! I would have to say these three flavors hit a vast amount of taste buds out there! Watermelon tastes like Volt watermelon flavor, fruit punch made me think of Nzero’s fruit punch even though it has been awhile. Lemon berry is not quite a sour patch kid type but if you are a fan of sour drinks and like lemon, this is for you! 10/10 lemon berry for me, and 8/10 for watermelon and fruit punch!

********Mixability/ Timing: Every BCAA powder I have used has at least minimal floaters after I first shake it, key is how long does it take them to dissolve? Kinetic will usually dissolve in 20 to 30 minutes depending on how much water is mixed into it. My preference with most BCAAs is 10 ounces per scoop, this works very well with Kinetic and doesn’t leave much behind after you drink it all. I still put more water in after Im done with any BCAAs just to make sure I drank it all hahaha! 9/ 10 in my book here!
    Timing: I prefer drinking this during my workout or in the morning on my rest days. Usually best to wait about 20 minutes to let the floaters dissolve thoroughly. I don’t see much left behind after I am done drinking at the end of my workout either! This goes in the mixability category since it depends on when you mix the powder, let it settle, and drink it.

********Ingredient Profile: Raw coconut water is what really makes this even more unique than just 8G SAA and 5g SAA per 2 scoop serving! Raw coconut water will help in hydration to put water back into your muscles, really good benefit here coming from a BCAA blend! L carnitine helps turn food into energy and metabolize fat. 8/10 for ingredients!

*******Value: With most BCAAs I take 2 scoops per training day. This puts 2 scoops per day at $2.40, lasting 15 days if you buy regular price ($36) on bodybuilding.com for 30 servings . I would recommend finding a deal like BOGO or buy 2 get 1 free. Overall not the most I have paid for a quality BCAA blend, but not the cheapest. Ill rate a 7/10 on pricing.

*******Other notes: Kinetic stacks well with any line of products for any goal. If you are recovering from any injury and consistent with stretching, foam rolling, strengthening weaker opposing muscle groups ect… this will help in your journey as well!!

******* Overall another quality, effective, and great tasting product from Neon Sport!! 8/10!!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Recovery!
    • Somewhat Pricey
    January 22, 2014

slauer

Reviews: 1

Age: 23

January 22, 2014
    Neon Sport Kinetic

A special thanks to Neon Sport for giving me the opportunity to try this product. I took Kinetic during every workout for 30 workouts. I did not consume on non-training days, but I typically train at least 6 days per week, so there were only 3 or 4 days during my trial that I did not drink it

Dosage: 10/10. One container of Kinect comes with 300 grams, which is good for 30 servings. Although the suggested use on the container says to take "one to two" scoops, I stuck with one scoop each day intra-workout so I would not run through the container too quickly.

Taste/Mixability: 10/10. Lemon Berry tastes awesome. I mixed it with 20oz of water and sipped on it throughout my workout each day. It is not too sweet even and has a slight sour hint from the lemon, which I love. Kinetic mixes quickly and thoroughly in any shaker cup. Mixing it with a spoon will leave clumps of powder at the top of the cup, however, that is consistent with every other BCAA powder I have tried. The taste profile and mixibility of Kinetic is comparable to Cellucor Cor-Performance BCAA.

Effectiveness: 9/10. I did notice that I was a little less sore on days after hard workouts, but my body does not usually get overly sore anyways. Where Kinetic really shined was with intra-workout endurance. I was able to stay in the gym longer and had the energy to power through those last sets and reps. These extra reps are what helped me add 10 lbs to my bench while taking Kinetic.

Value: 7/10 With a MSRP of $44.99, Kinetic is one of the pricier BCAA products on the market, but you can usually find a promo on bodybuilding.com that lowers that price significantly. Value is subjective and depends on the person using it though, so it's hard to effectively rate. Personally, that is too pricey for me, but to each their own.

Overall, Kinetic is a great product and I highly recommend it if you can afford it. I definitely noticed a difference in terms of endurance and reduced soreness. I look forward to trying some of the other Kinetic flavors in the future.

• No Soreness
    November 17, 2013

lwalkley99

Reviews: 2

Age: 20

November 17, 2013
    Neon Sports Kinetic Review

First off, thanks to Neon Sport and CoryReps for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. I was lucky enough to try this awesome product out and here is my take on Neon Sport’s Kinetic BCAA/SAA.

Taste: 9/10
    Neon Sports sent me the fruit punch flavor. I gave it a 9/10 primarily because it tasted somewhat in between the powder Gatorade Fruit Punch and the Fruit Punch Kool Aid.

Mixability: 9/10
    I’d give Kinetic a 9/10 for mixability because it did mix very well, however due to the leucine, little flakes still floated around.

In all honesty, I believe Neon Sports really matched the other top brands such as SciVation’s Xtend and Cellucor’s BCAA (yes, I know Neon Sports is through Cellucor). I have been a diehard Xtend fan primarily because of the price, as well as its effectiveness. However, after trying Kinetic, I might switch over if the price is right. I felt a lot less tired in the gym when I was taking it as an intra. I stacked this with Muscle Pharm’s Assault and my energy was a lot more constant and I felt even more focused than with just the Assault. I always saw myself in the gym longer and working harder when I was taking this. Most importantly, I did not feel sore the next day, even on leg day. This product really helped my overall workout and I could ultimately feel a difference when I was not on it.

I really enjoyed this product, however I gave it a 8/10 strictly on the price of it. It gave me exactly what I expected with a BCAA supplement and possibly even more. I actually like this product a lot and would love to make it my go to BCAA supplement. I really could tell a difference when I was on Kinetic and when I was not taking it. I hope this review helps those deciding on what Intra to take and I am here for any questions you may want to ask.

• No Soreness
      Reply #1:
      MuscleCow
      MuscleCow

Joined: 2/2013
      Reviews: 12
      Reputation: +524
      Good review, except you said 8/10 for effectiveness and overall, but then you listed the review at 9/10's

Reply #2:
      locospider09
      locospider09

Joined: 5/2013
      Reviews: 21
      Reputation: +296
      1.5 grams of Leucine? I'm still not sure about this brand. Still haven't found anything that can really beat modern for me, but not bad on your first.

Have you used Kinetic? Submit your own Review!