Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Muscle Formulas > Myogenix > HyperShock

Myogenix HyperShock

HyperShock Myogenix
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (14 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 65% (Uncertain)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

BioRhythm AfterGlow Reviews
AfterGlow (39 Reviews)
BioRhythm Arnge Krush Reviews
Arnge Krush (12 Reviews)
Muscle Asylum Project Altered State Reviews
Altered State (14 Reviews)
5.4
Ultimate Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer Reviews
Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer (56 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Cytosport Muscle Milk Reviews
Muscle Milk (113 Reviews)
BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
ProMera Health Con-Cret Reviews
Con-Cret (64 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

KevO Grinding
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's about time I started a Journal/Log. Anyways I&#...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

HyperShock Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
HyperShock Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (7)
  • Good Value (7)
  • Builds Muscle (6)
  • Great Taste (3)
  • Not Effective (2)
  • Bad Taste (2)
  • Mild Upset Stomach (2)
  • Sleep Loss (2)
May 29, 2013

kevO

Reviews: 71

Age: 31

May 29, 2013
Not great, but a solid choice...

First off, a huge thanks to Tommy and Petey for hooking this one up. I was interested in trying this simply because I kept seeing it around and there was not too many reviews on it, as well as the profile seemed interesting to me.

Profile:
Its an extensive profile, kind of a kitchen sink approach full of prop blends, ugh.

Nutrition Facts

Vitamin B6 30  mg 1500%
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 500  mcg 125%
Vitamin B12 225  mcg 3750%
Magnesium 143  mg 36%

NOShock™ Nitric Oxide, Vascularity, Vasodilation & Nutrient Delivery patented 8 Hour Sustained Release L-Arginine (using pharmaceutical delivery technology), Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Micronized L-Arginine, Vanadyl Sulfate, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-Nor Valine). 4  g **%

Creapump™ Strength, Power & Explosiveness Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Pyruvate, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Creatine 200 &Creatine Gluconate. 3.5  g **%

Anabolic Free Form Aminos Low Molecular Weight Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Taurine, Histidine, L-Theanine. 5  g **%

ElectroShock™ Extreme Mind Muscle Connection, Energy & Focus Siberian Rhodiola Rosea (5% rosavins, 3% salidrosides), Naringin, Guanidinopropionic Acid, Methylxanthines (caffeine), Tri-Methyl Glycine, Tyrosine, Sulbutiamine (thiamine di-sulfide). 1  g **%

Glycorush™ Energizing & Endurance Promoting Long & Short Chain Carbohydrates GlycoRush™ (long chain polysaccharide maltodextrin, citric acid, short chain disaccharide cane juice solids & fructose, phosphates, waxymaize long chain carbohydrate polymers, d-glucose polymers).

Looking over the profile there are many nice inclusions, such as a hydrolized whey/amino complex, a carb complex, COP, Siberian Ginseng, Rhodiola, Narangin, Betaine, etc etc. In addition to all of the more unique inclusions you will also find the usual suspects.
Unfortunately, upon further examination its pretty noticeable that many of these ingredients are underdosed. Does that automatically mean the product is bunk? Absolutely not, however one cannot be sure whats doing what when there are so many different ingredients in there. Honestly I can care less how much of each ingredient is in there if it actually works, and it did for the most part.
My main gripe here is the prop blends and underdosing, but as I said previously if it works, who cares!
All in all, its an interesting approach and profile.

Effectiveness: 7.5/10
With all the ingredients Myogenix throws into Hypershock, one would hope at least some of it will prove effective, and when all is said and done it did.
I started off with 1/2 a scoop for the first several doses and was less than impressed. It was not a total bust at 1/2 a scoop by any means, I did feel some minor energy and decent pumps but it was pretty meteoker tbh. Now when moving up to a full scoop I got much more out of Hypershock.
It does not provide insane amounts of energy or focus, but it performed up to my standards each and everytime. Solid, clean lasting energy and for the most part good focus. Looking at the profile I was kind of iffy about the '8 hour release pump matrix', however that in combination with the carb complex, creatines and other auxilaries seemed to provide a very solid pump each time I went with a full scoop.
Another positive aspect to note would be the increase in endurance. It was nothing miraculous, but was noticeably less when I did not take Hypershock.
Hypershock was not a mind blower persay, but proved to be a solid preworkout in all aspects.

Taste/Mixablity:
I dont put too much emphasis on taste and/or mixability, simply because I can care less about those aspects in a preworkout drink. That being said, Hypershock tasted alright pretty much a generic, light fruit punch flavor.
Seeing as though there is a carb complex and a small amount of whey in Hypershock one would expect some grittiness and/or a sludge like consistency. It was a bit sludgy so to speak but Ive had worse.
All in all, not much to complain about here.

$30 for 40 true servings, a pretty solid deal Imo.
All things considered, its a decent value when you look at what you are getting.

Hypershock is a departure from the typical preworkout and thats what initally peaked my interest in it. I enjoyed using it, as it was overall pretty effective. Its worth a shot if you can still find it, as I believe it is discontinued and was replaced with a new formula

PhatGame
    PhatGame

Joined: 5/2013
    Reputation: +21
    This seems like one of those pwos that has a lot of ingredients for no particular reason.

chichistrong
    chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
    Reviews: 69
    Reputation: +2172
    that profile reminds me of the bull*** N.O. Xplode tries to pull with their incredible all-in-one ingredient profile, but it only weights 12g lol

November 6, 2013

leopoldstotc

Reviews: 2

Age: 23

November 6, 2013
    Reason why you finish a container before writing a review..

Alright.. So, when I first got this, I actually made a youtube video after first using it. My take on it now is vastly different.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meDAqa3pLE

TASTE = 2/10... Blue Raspberry is awful. I am told other flavors are good, but blue raspberry makes me want to throw up it tastes so bad.

Energy = 4/10... The first time I took it, other than the taste, everything felt great... Well, That didnt last long. As I took it more, I felt lethargic.

Pump = Not there.

VERY IMPORTANT...Side effects: Bad... I have taken a few preworkouts before, but this is the first to cause me to really worry. I felt very light headed and out of breath.. I was scared to continue working out because I thought I might really pass out.

I never took it at night, so I cant comment on sleep loss.

It really hurt me to have to write this, because I am a HUGE fan of AfterShock.. But this was bad.. Very bad.
    Pros:
    Cons:
      • Diarrhea
      • Shortness Of Breath
      • Crash
      • Mild Upset Stomach
      July 16, 2013

TMVALEN

Age: 18

July 16, 2013
      Hypershock you're body

If you are looking for a clean rush of insanely overwhelming energy for you're workouts, look no further than Hypershock Rage!!

Price:
      $29.99 for 40 days worth. SOLD. Enough said there.

Taste:
      The taste on Atomic Grape is 10/10. I have also had the Blue Rasberry flavor which is also justly awarded a 10/10! Next flavor in line is Electric Orange.

Mixability is an easy 10/10. The powder just disappeared in 7-8 shakes in only 8 oz of water! No clumps or gritty sand texture was left over.

Effectiveness is a 1038364840373/10 . This product does exactly what it says it will and then some! My sleeves were stretching with skin ripping pumps! Blood was driving deep into each muscle group and having sustained beast like energy was awesome too!:p

Go get hypershock now! Get some true workouts in!
        June 28, 2013

nccash23

Age: 29

June 28, 2013
        HYPERSHOCK RAGE

I was never a big pre-workout guy because I felt the ones I tried in the past never worked, or they made me very jittery and anxious. But, I love Myogenix's Aftershock, so I decided to give their pre-workout a chance. And I'll be honest, it is AWESOME! The best part about it is that there is no crash afterwards and I didn't feel jittery AT ALL. I've heard that there is a time-released caffeine aspect to this product so that all of the jolt doesn't come all at once, and it's spread out over time.

My results were that I was insanely focused during my entire workout and I got an amazing pump while I was lifting. The Tropical Punch tastes like a Pina Colada (with no alcohol of course, haha) and is very refreshing. My workout plan consists of a lot of high intense supersets while lifting and I usually do extremely high reps, and lower weight. This product worked perfect for my workout plan. I didn't see any side effects to the product, other than you probably don't want to take it within 4 hours of going to bed because of the caffeine in it. But my stomach felt great (it felt awful after using some other pre-workouts) and I had a ton of energy, before, during, AND after my workout with NO CRASH!! I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to build muscle and have an awesome, intense workout!
        • Great Price
        • Just Don't Take It Within 4 Hours Of Going To Sleep.
        February 20, 2013

Beastmode247

Age: 35

February 20, 2013
         Rat pee. Absolute worst preworkout ever. Test the products what's on the label isn't in the bottle. There are too many garage nutrition companies out there creating products that you should never be putting in your body. Pass.
        Pros:
        Cons:
          • Diarrhea
          • Heart Pallipatations
          • Shortness Of Breath
          • Nervousness
          • Crash
          August 10, 2012

Pj22

Reviews: 10

Age: 24

August 10, 2012
           This stuff is awesome, giving me lots of sustained energy for hours without crashing.  It gave me a huge pump too that lasted throughout my entire workout.  The flavor is amazing, but you can’t shake it or it gets really foamy (which is annoying).  I also like how it has branch chain amino acids in it.
            December 23, 2011

IronJulius

Age: 30

December 23, 2011
             This is my first review and this was one of my first preworkout drinks. I will start by saying my first year in the gym i would buy a fast twich when i got to the gym and muscle milk after workout and never thought about purchasing supplements in bulk. 2 yrs and atleast 2 thousand dollars later im putting in a mass order atleast every 2 months but its worth it. What started this was hypershock and it was actually given to me by a friend that didnt like it.

Im about to finish my second tub next week and will probably use again. It has its place behind jack3d and muscle marinade but I get more servings and its cheaper.

ok i started working out more 4+ times a week this past month and used this as my preworkout. also purlple wrath intra-workout, prolab creatine right after workout, gaspari myofusion and glycomaize 15 mins after creatine, animal pak an hour or 2 before workout with food. I dont have the best diet but not much fast food or soda. Ive gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks and strength gains are all up. not saying hypershock did all this but i had good days in the gym and hypershock helps with my focus and energy.

• Sleep Loss
            March 16, 2011

Age: 15

March 16, 2011
             I started going to the gym a few months ago and two weeks ago I tried this product. The first day I took it (which was the first time I took any supp) I felt a little bit more energy in the gym but two hours later I was shivering if I didn't do any work. For the rest of the time that I used it I noticed absolutely nothing except for a mildly upset stomach. I tried the orange flavor and it was horrible. Use your money on something more helpful than this. 1.M.R is so much better
            Pros:
            Cons:
            • Didn't Cost Much
            • Mild Upset Stomach
            • Sleep Loss
            MuscleCow
            MuscleCow

Joined: 2/2013
            Reviews: 12
            Reputation: +524
            Shady... two sentences in here make me dislike this.
            1. "which was the first time I took any sup"
            2. "1.M.R is so much better"

August 10, 2010

Age: 41

August 10, 2010
             Hypershock by Myogenix is about the 10th preworkout supplement I have tried over the past few years. I am an advanced user and take 2 full scoops 20 to 30 minuets prior to working out. I opted for the fruit punch flavor this go round. I have been pleased with this product...it provides plenty of kick to get you going, the taste is good, the vascular pumps are good and last longer than most. I think this has been the best bang for the buck pre workout that I have tried. I personally think/find the new BSN No Xplode to be the best product for me but it cost a bit more. I like Gaspari Superpump but it doest like me! Dark Rage was an excellent product but taste horrible! HyperShock is on par with iSatori Labs MorpMegadrive. I am stacking it with Gaspari Size ON and Myogenix Aftershock with really good results!
              shizouse13
              shizouse13

Joined: 6/2009
              Reviews: 31
              Reputation: +23
              Yea man I have tried this product before. I like it. Does the job but the taste is horrific.

lifter62
              lifter62

Joined: 5/2010
              Reputation: +6
              Have you tried 1.M.R. by BPI Sports. I have tried a bunch of pre workout supps as well. I received a sample pack in one of my recent orders from TF supplements. i realize it was only 1 serving but I have never felt clean energy and focus as I did with this stuff. I felt like I could lift the gym. Just a thought if you ever decide to try something different. I'm finishing up my White Flood and then will be ordering a container of this.

Reply #3:

Joined: 8/2010
              Reputation: +3
              lifter62...yes I have used 1MR! I liked the supplement and found it to be really good...right on par with jack3d and muscle spike by body fortress. I liked muscle spike alot due to the bronchial dialator factor...great for endurance training!

Reply #4:

Joined: 8/2010
              Reputation: +3
              shizouse13...which flavor of Hypershock did you use? God knows all flavors are not created equal! side note..I really like the fruit punch flavor..for both the hypershock and aftershock. Got a large tub of wild berry blast aftershock...and it is not near as good as the fruit punch.

Reply #5:

Joined: 2/2011
              Reputation: 0
              I have never tried any creatine or pre-workout supplements before two days ago.
              I took this product two days ago before I worked out, it helped me some but after I got home the energy hit me like a freight train. Today I took it and felt nothing, any suggestions?

Reply #6:
              TheStanger
              TheStanger

Joined: 12/2009
              Reviews: 26
              Reputation: +315
              So wait you only took hypershock two days ago for the first time?

May 20, 2010

Age: 19

May 20, 2010
               o boy. this was a pretty solid product from Myogenix. The mental focus and the pumps were pretty solid and the taste was amazing. Hyper shock tasted like crushed up lemon heads. it only costed 20 dollars so the price was good. The few weeks i used this i really liked it because it really helped with my Drive and focus. Also, i didnt crash off of it and i felt good the rest of the day. everyone should give it a shot it worked very well for me.

Reviews: 62
                Reputation: +2878
                Question: How did you run this product?

Reputation: +72
                first off i took this pre workout with water obviously. i took 2 scoops and i kept it at that the whole time and the energy and pumps were great my man. i ran it with myogenixs aftershock with casein at night and 100 percent natural whey before meals.

Reply #3:

Reputation: +72
                if you need anything else ask because im not sure if i answered your question.

Reply #4:

Reviews: 62
                Reputation: +2878
                Thats answers me! Thanks, I will take a look at this. I run Aftershock currently

Reply #5:

Reputation: +72
                look at hyper shock, myolean, and aftershock its all pretty cheap right now.

Have you used HyperShock? Submit your own Review!