HyperShock

By: Myogenix

HyperShock is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Myogenix. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does HyperShock work?
kevO

May 29, 2013

First off, a huge thanks to Tommy and Petey for hooking this one up. I was interested in trying this simply because I kept seeing it around and there was not too many reviews on it, as well as the profile seemed interesting to me.

Profile:
Its an extensive profile, kind of a kitchen sink approach full of prop blends, ugh.

Nutrition Facts

Vitamin B6 30  mg 1500%
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 500  mcg 125%
Vitamin B12 225  mcg 3750%
Magnesium 143  mg 36%

NOShockâ„¢ Nitric Oxide, Vascularity, Vasodilation & Nutrient Delivery patented 8 Hour Sustained Release L-Arginine (using pharmaceutical delivery technology), Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Micronized L-Arginine, Vanadyl Sulfate, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-Nor Valine). 4  g **%

Creapumpâ„¢ Strength, Power & Explosiveness Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Pyruvate, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Creatine 200 &Creatine Gluconate. 3.5  g **%

Anabolic Free Form Aminos Low Molecular Weight Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Taurine, Histidine, L-Theanine. 5  g **%

ElectroShockâ„¢ Extreme Mind Muscle Connection, Energy & Focus Siberian Rhodiola Rosea (5% rosavins, 3% salidrosides), Naringin, Guanidinopropionic Acid, Methylxanthines (caffeine), Tri-Methyl Glycine, Tyrosine, Sulbutiamine (thiamine di-sulfide). 1  g **%

Glycorushâ„¢ Energizing & Endurance Promoting Long & Short Chain Carbohydrates GlycoRushâ„¢ (long chain polysaccharide maltodextrin, citric acid, short chain disaccharide cane juice solids & fructose, phosphates, waxymaize long chain carbohydrate polymers, d-glucose polymers).

Looking over the profile there are many nice inclusions, such as a hydrolized whey/amino complex, a carb complex, COP, Siberian Ginseng, Rhodiola, Narangin, Betaine, etc etc. In addition to all of the more unique inclusions you will also find the usual suspects.
Unfortunately, upon further examination its pretty noticeable that many of these ingredients are underdosed. Does that automatically mean the product is bunk? Absolutely not, however one cannot be sure whats doing what when there are so many different ingredients in there. Honestly I can care less how much of each ingredient is in there if it actually works, and it did for the most part.
My main gripe here is the prop blends and underdosing, but as I said previously if it works, who cares!
All in all, its an interesting approach and profile.

Effectiveness: 7.5/10
With all the ingredients Myogenix throws into Hypershock, one would hope at least some of it will prove effective, and when all is said and done it did.
I started off with 1/2 a scoop for the first several doses and was less than impressed. It was not a total bust at 1/2 a scoop by any means, I did feel some minor energy and decent pumps but it was pretty meteoker tbh. Now when moving up to a full scoop I got much more out of Hypershock.
It does not provide insane amounts of energy or focus, but it performed up to my standards each and everytime. Solid, clean lasting energy and for the most part good focus. Looking at the profile I was kind of iffy about the '8 hour release pump matrix', however that in combination with the carb complex, creatines and other auxilaries seemed to provide a very solid pump each time I went with a full scoop.
Another positive aspect to note would be the increase in endurance. It was nothing miraculous, but was noticeably less when I did not take Hypershock.
Hypershock was not a mind blower persay, but proved to be a solid preworkout in all aspects.

Taste/Mixablity:
I dont put too much emphasis on taste and/or mixability, simply because I can care less about those aspects in a preworkout drink. That being said, Hypershock tasted alright pretty much a generic, light fruit punch flavor.
Seeing as though there is a carb complex and a small amount of whey in Hypershock one would expect some grittiness and/or a sludge like consistency. It was a bit sludgy so to speak but Ive had worse.
All in all, not much to complain about here.

$30 for 40 true servings, a pretty solid deal Imo.
All things considered, its a decent value when you look at what you are getting.

Hypershock is a departure from the typical preworkout and thats what initally peaked my interest in it. I enjoyed using it, as it was overall pretty effective. Its worth a shot if you can still find it, as I believe it is discontinued and was replaced with a new formula

• PhatGame
    May 29, 2013

This seems like one of those pwos that has a lot of ingredients for no particular reason.
  • chichistrong
    May 29, 2013

That profile reminds me of the bull*** N.O. Xplode tries to pull with their incredible all-in-one ingredient profile, but it only weights 12g lol

o boy. this was a pretty solid product from Myogenix. The mental focus and the pumps were pretty solid and the taste was amazing. Hyper shock tasted like crushed up lemon heads. it only costed 20 dollars so the price was good. The few weeks i used this i really liked it because it really helped with my Drive and focus. Also, i didnt crash off of it and i felt good the rest of the day. everyone should give it a shot it worked very well for me.

• Blade410
    May 20, 2010

Question: How did you run this product?
    May 20, 2010

First off i took this pre workout with water obviously. i took 2 scoops and i kept it at that the whole time and the energy and pumps were great my man. i ran it with myogenixs aftershock with casein at night and 100 percent natural whey before meals.
    May 20, 2010

If you need anything else ask because im not sure if i answered your question.
  • Blade410
    May 20, 2010

Thats answers me! Thanks, I will take a look at this. I run Aftershock currently
    May 20, 2010

Look at hyper shock, myolean, and aftershock its all pretty cheap right now.

Alright.. So, when I first got this, I actually made a youtube video after first using it. My take on it now is vastly different.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meDAqa3pLE

TASTE = 2/10... Blue Raspberry is awful. I am told other flavors are good, but blue raspberry makes me want to throw up it tastes so bad.

Energy = 4/10... The first time I took it, other than the taste, everything felt great... Well, That didnt last long. As I took it more, I felt lethargic.

Pump = Not there.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meDAqa3pLE

Pump = Not there.

VERY IMPORTANT...Side effects: Bad... I have taken a few preworkouts before, but this is the first to cause me to really worry. I felt very light headed and out of breath.. I was scared to continue working out because I thought I might really pass out.

I never took it at night, so I cant comment on sleep loss.

It really hurt me to have to write this, because I am a HUGE fan of AfterShock.. But this was bad.. Very bad.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Diarrhea
  • Shortness Of Breath
  • Crash
  • Mild Upset Stomach

• Meuth
    1 day ago

No profile info?
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.