HyperShock Reviews

By: Myogenix

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #116 of 182 (better than 36%) in

HyperShock is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Myogenix. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

kevO
  May 29, 2013

First off, a huge thanks to Tommy and Petey for hooking this one up. I was interested in trying this simply because I kept seeing it around and there was not too many reviews on it, as well as the profile seemed interesting to me.

Profile:
Its an extensive profile, kind of a kitchen sink approach full of prop blends, ugh.

Nutrition Facts

Vitamin B6 30  mg 1500%
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 500  mcg 125%
Vitamin B12 225  mcg 3750%
Magnesium 143  mg 36%

NOShockâ„¢ Nitric Oxide, Vascularity, Vasodilation & Nutrient Delivery patented 8 Hour Sustained Release L-Arginine (using pharmaceutical delivery technology), Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Micronized L-Arginine, Vanadyl Sulfate, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-Nor Valine). 4  g **%

Creapumpâ„¢ Strength, Power & Explosiveness Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Pyruvate, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Creatine 200 &Creatine Gluconate. 3.5  g **%

Anabolic Free Form Aminos Low Molecular Weight Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Taurine, Histidine, L-Theanine. 5  g **%

ElectroShockâ„¢ Extreme Mind Muscle Connection, Energy & Focus Siberian Rhodiola Rosea (5% rosavins, 3% salidrosides), Naringin, Guanidinopropionic Acid, Methylxanthines (caffeine), Tri-Methyl Glycine, Tyrosine, Sulbutiamine (thiamine di-sulfide). 1  g **%

Glycorushâ„¢ Energizing & Endurance Promoting Long & Short Chain Carbohydrates GlycoRushâ„¢ (long chain polysaccharide maltodextrin, citric acid, short chain disaccharide cane juice solids & fructose, phosphates, waxymaize long chain carbohydrate polymers, d-glucose polymers).

Looking over the profile there are many nice inclusions, such as a hydrolized whey/amino complex, a carb complex, COP, Siberian Ginseng, Rhodiola, Narangin, Betaine, etc etc. In addition to all of the more unique inclusions you will also find the usual suspects.
Unfortunately, upon further examination its pretty noticeable that many of these ingredients are underdosed. Does that automatically mean the product is bunk? Absolutely not, however one cannot be sure whats doing what when there are so many different ingredients in there. Honestly I can care less how much of each ingredient is in there if it actually works, and it did for the most part.
My main gripe here is the prop blends and underdosing, but as I said previously if it works, who cares!
All in all, its an interesting approach and profile.

Effectiveness: 7.5/10
With all the ingredients Myogenix throws into Hypershock, one would hope at least some of it will prove effective, and when all is said and done it did.
I started off with 1/2 a scoop for the first several doses and was less than impressed. It was not a total bust at 1/2 a scoop by any means, I did feel some minor energy and decent pumps but it was pretty meteoker tbh. Now when moving up to a full scoop I got much more out of Hypershock.
It does not provide insane amounts of energy or focus, but it performed up to my standards each and everytime. Solid, clean lasting energy and for the most part good focus. Looking at the profile I was kind of iffy about the '8 hour release pump matrix', however that in combination with the carb complex, creatines and other auxilaries seemed to provide a very solid pump each time I went with a full scoop.
Another positive aspect to note would be the increase in endurance. It was nothing miraculous, but was noticeably less when I did not take Hypershock.
Hypershock was not a mind blower persay, but proved to be a solid preworkout in all aspects.

Taste/Mixablity:
I dont put too much emphasis on taste and/or mixability, simply because I can care less about those aspects in a preworkout drink. That being said, Hypershock tasted alright pretty much a generic, light fruit punch flavor.
Seeing as though there is a carb complex and a small amount of whey in Hypershock one would expect some grittiness and/or a sludge like consistency. It was a bit sludgy so to speak but Ive had worse.
All in all, not much to complain about here.

$30 for 40 true servings, a pretty solid deal Imo.
All things considered, its a decent value when you look at what you are getting.

Hypershock is a departure from the typical preworkout and thats what initally peaked my interest in it. I enjoyed using it, as it was overall pretty effective. Its worth a shot if you can still find it, as I believe it is discontinued and was replaced with a new formula

leopoldstotc
    Rep: 0
      November 6, 2013

Alright.. So, when I first got this, I actually made a youtube video after first using it. My take on it now is vastly different.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meDAqa3pLE

TASTE = 2/10... Blue Raspberry is awful. I am told other flavors are good, but blue raspberry makes me want to throw up it tastes so bad.

Energy = 4/10... The first time I took it, other than the taste, everything felt great... Well, That didnt last long. As I took it more, I felt lethargic.

Pump = Not there.

VERY IMPORTANT...Side effects: Bad... I have taken a few preworkouts before, but this is the first to cause me to really worry. I felt very light headed and out of breath.. I was scared to continue working out because I thought I might really pass out.

I never took it at night, so I cant comment on sleep loss.

It really hurt me to have to write this, because I am a HUGE fan of AfterShock.. But this was bad.. Very bad.
      • Mild Upset Stomach
      • Diarrhea
      • Shortness Of Breath
      • Crash
      JBravo
        August 10, 2010

Hypershock by Myogenix is about the 10th preworkout supplement I have tried over the past few years. I am an advanced user and take 2 full scoops 20 to 30 minuets prior to working out. I opted for the fruit punch flavor this go round. I have been pleased with this product...it provides plenty of kick to get you going, the taste is good, the vascular pumps are good and last longer than most. I think this has been the best bang for the buck pre workout that I have tried. I personally think/find the new BSN No Xplode to be the best product for me but it cost a bit more. I like Gaspari Superpump but it doest like me! Dark Rage was an excellent product but taste horrible! HyperShock is on par with iSatori Labs MorpMegadrive. I am stacking it with Gaspari Size ON and Myogenix Aftershock with really good results!
      • Great Price
        kyle12
          May 20, 2010

o boy. this was a pretty solid product from Myogenix. The mental focus and the pumps were pretty solid and the taste was amazing. Hyper shock tasted like crushed up lemon heads. it only costed 20 dollars so the price was good. The few weeks i used this i really liked it because it really helped with my Drive and focus. Also, i didnt crash off of it and i felt good the rest of the day. everyone should give it a shot it worked very well for me.