After Shock Critical Mass

By: Myogenix

After Shock Critical Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Myogenix. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Does After Shock Critical Mass work?

Over last Christmas break I decided that I wanted to get as big as I could in 5 weeks between school ending the middle of December and having to go back the middle of January. I'm about 6'2" and when I got home I was around 190 lbs. I was using NO Shotgun pre-workout and I had a couple of servings left of Aftershock that I used the first week and a half. After the fist two weeks I was around 195.

When I ran out of the Aftershock...

When I ran out of the Aftershock I went to the store and told the guy I just wanted to get bigger and he suggested Aftershock Critical Mass. I continued to take NO Shotgun pre-workout, and used this post-workout instead of the regular Aftershock. My diet was pretty good, I wasn't eating too particularly healthy but it usually looked something like:
Breakfast - 4 egg omelet w/cheese and meat
Lunch - meat and veggies
Snack - pb&j sandwich
Pre-Workout - NO Shotgun
Post-Workout - After Shock Critical Mass w/milk
Dinner - meat, baked potato, veggies, sometimes ice cream milkshake for desert

This product seemed to make a huge difference in my goal to gain weight. After switching from regular Aftershock to this, I got up to 207 by the time I left back for school. I put on a lot of size through my arms and chest, but I also put on size around my midsection. However, if used correctly for a lean bulk I believe this product could help with a lean bulk without having to suffer the same gut I put on. But I didn't know much about nutrition and my main goal was just size. I was also the strongest I have ever been, but I don't believe that was all due to the ASCM.

I remember the taste being pretty good. Nothing like a Syntha-6 or something like that, but still it was enjoyable. I also don't remember having that bad of gas from this product which was another plus from a high protein supplement.

My only two complaints with this product are the price, and the mixability. It cost me $40 a tub and using full servings there are only 15 servings per tub. However, the ingredient profile is very impressive and you could probably get away with using less than a full serving to make a tub last longer. When I talk about the mixability, I don't mean how it mixed with the fluid but how hard it was to actually get it all together. I was mixing 3 big scoops with 16 oz. of milk and I could not get it all to fit and mix in my Blender Bottle. I was having to mix it all in an actual blender which isn't the worst thing in the world, but also not the most convenient.

Overall this product did exactly what I was looking for it to do at the time. It helped me put on size and weight in a very short period of time. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that wants to put on weight and has a hard time doing it.
  • Hard To Mix In Shaker

My god this stuff tasted so good and definately the best weight gainer I have taken so far.
Pros-
Packs on mass
builds muscle
tastes very good
you definately get what you pay for
cons-
I experienced no cons whatsoever
If you are a hard gainer and want to build muscle and put on a few pounds then this is definately the weight gainer you would want to buy. This is the only gainer I will be purchasing from now on.
Pros-
Packs on mass
builds muscle
tastes very good
you definately get what you pay for
cons-
I experienced no cons whatsoever
  • Packs On Mass

I purchased the 5.62 Lb tub of the Chocolate Milk Shake Flavor. Critical Mass is a weight gainer with protein, carbs, and creatine.

Ingredients:
Total Fat: 15 g
Calories: 700
Calories from fat: 140
Carbs: 91 G
Protein: 52 G

There is chelated creatine, waxymass for carbs, and two types of whey protein. There is also glutamine for recovery.

You can get Optimum Serious Mass for about $40 for a 12 lb bag so After Shock Critical Mass gets a ding for value.

Ingredients:
Total Fat: 15 g
Calories: 700
Calories from fat: 140
Carbs: 91 G
Protein: 52 G

This product is very effective. I took 3 scoops (one serving) after every workout and one scoop in the mornings before starting my day. I have a rigorous workout schedule involving hard cardio and weightlifting and Critical Mass provided me with energy, carbs, and proper recovery. I did notice some lean muscle gains. I stacked Critical Mass with NLA Performance T-BLAST. Natural Testosterone boosters boost your natural testosterone levels making you more anabolic and allowing your muscles to absorb and utilize protein better.

Mixability and Taste are both very good. Put three scoops in a shaker, pour in some milk, shake it all up and you are good. It is a tad big clumpy but nothing to shun you away from this product.

This a great gainer but is a bit pricey.

• Packs On Mass
  • Tastes Great
  • Value

This is my first review on the site. In high school and college my favorite way to put on muscle was to do a serious bulk then cut down. I decided to get back into shape after my 29th birthday but first decided to go on a big bulk before cutting down so I could build a good muscular base.

MyoGenix AfterShock Critical Mass is a gainer that I picked up for $45 on Bodybuilding.com. The value is nothing special because there is only 15 servings per 5.62 lb tub at 3 scoops per serving. The directions say to take 3 scoops as many times a day (obviously they want you to crush through your tub and buy another). I was taking 2 scoops in the morning and 3 scoops after workouts.

Here is thing people care most about in protein and weight gainer shakes: Taste and Mixability
-The Chocolate Milk Shake flavor mixes well in Milk or Water and tastes great.

Decent ingredient profile:
1 serving contains:
52 g of lactose free protein
chelated creatine
glutamine
18 g fat
700 calories
15g sugar

Overall this gainer was at best OK. I did not notice full recovery after workouts. I did notice an increase in muscle mass over the short course of using this product.

It is always tough to differentiate which protein/gainer works better than the other so I give this one a 'Maybe' because it tastes well but is not the most effective out there.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Puts On Weight
  • Value
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.