Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > MuscleTech > Neurocore > Reviews

Neurocore

By MuscleTech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Neurocore MuscleTech
8.1/10
(Weighted average based on 68 Reviews)

Ranks #23 of 162 (better than 86%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Clipper83

The profile is very solid at the full dosage.

I know we all hate Muscletech. I know we all hate their products. It has become a blind hatred in all honesty. Anything they come out with will be severely hated on, no matter how good the product is. I found that many people overlook their Super Concentrated Series, and while using these products myself, have found them to be a very solid group of products.

Now with that aside I would like to start. Neurocore is MT's concentrated pre-workout. I bought this because it was on sale at GNC for $25.99. I have gone through about 1.5 tubs of this and finally found time to write a review on it.

Taste/Mix: 8/10
The taste isn't something I look forward to. It isn't all that bad to be honest, but it doesn't compare to Blox. I would say the grape flavor tastes better than Craze actually. It mixes very well though. Kind of a little side rating, this won't effect the overall rating.

Profile:9.2/10
The profile is very solid at the full dosage. Almost everything I look for in a preworkout, at effective doses.

Beta-Alanine-3.2 grams
L-Citrulline- 3 grams
Creatine HCl- 3 grams
Geranium Extract- 531 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous- 330 mg
Rhodiola Extract- 100 mg
Deanol bitartrate-50 mg
Vinpocetine- 5 mg

Very solid ingredient profile. If you have seen my Con-Cret review, you will know I am a big fan of creatine hcl and find it the only creatine to be effective preworkout for me. I also like the geranium extract. The Citrulline could be a bit higher, but that is why they created NanoStim, which I personally love adding to any pwo.

Effectiveness:9.1/10
I usually don't give products very high ratings like this, especially pwos, but this one has become a top 3 pwo of mine. I really like this product. The focus it gave me was ALMOST as good as what I got from Craze. I also really liked the energy it gave me as well. If you don't get energy from 330 mg of caffeine, then give up trying to get energy from any pwo. This also gave me great strength. I usually have to take creatine post-workout, unless it is Con-Cret, but this has all the creatine hcl I need. The full dosage of Neurocore gives 4 scoops worth of Con-Cret. This helped me stretch out that expensive Con-Cret bottle. It got to a point where I was only using Con-Cret on off days to keep saturation.

Anyway, the energy is long lasting and I never experienced a crash. The ingredient profile speaks for itself. I got a decent pump when taking this alone, but when I added another pump product I was getting some of the best pumps of my life. Endurance shot up as well in terms of energy and strength. I never had a bad workout when taking this, and I never experienced a crash. This product WORKS!(Unlike some other old Muscletech products we all hate)

Value:9/10
Honestly at 25.99 at GNC, this is a hard one to beat. I actually found it on 'illpumpyouup' for 24.99. Great price for a very effective pwo. Not much more to say, because I usually ramble on about how much I hate the prices(just see my p6 or Wheybolic review).

Overall:9/10
I will give this a 9/10 because I really liked it. If it came with a little more citrulline, it would have been higher. I say give this a shot, or at least try the trial size tub. This is one of my favorite pwos of all time, and I'm sure it can top your list as well. It might even change your mind on Muscletech, like it has with me.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Focus
  • Gained Strength
  • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
  • Long-lasting Effects
  • Not The Best Taste I Have Had But Not Bad

i have seen it on sale for 14.99 or Buy one get one at 29.99

Its profile does look good at the 3 scoop dose. Which iritates me about the product because they advertise that they have properly dosed ingredients but you look on the back and it says you need 3 scoops to get the dose that is advertised.

McGilla

Posted August 29, 2012
Agreed with Appleman, you got hosed paying $25 bro :x. Like I touched on in my review of Neurocore the tubs I got cost $14.

Very solid review though.

Posted August 29, 2012
I liked Neurocore but the taste... dear god the taste. Tequila and cough medicine :(

Cray

Posted August 29, 2012
Excellent review Clippy. Honestly this prompted me to go back and rep your other reviews.

Welcome to the Petey school of supplement ratings (of which I am a board member).

But srsly, great review.

shinndigg

Posted August 29, 2012
Getting ready to run this in a few weeks, I am looking forward to it, good review.

Posted August 30, 2012
Thanks everybody. I have more to say but I'm at work so it will have to wait, but did anyone notice I mentioned I never experienced a crash twice in the second paragraph in the effectiveness part? Haha I need to start reading my reviews more thoroughly before I post them!

deggman

Posted August 30, 2012
Cryoburner...when was the last time you tasted this? I ask because I got a free sample about 2 or three months ago that said "new" on it and I think it was because they improved the taste. It was tart but quite good.

Posted August 30, 2012
@Appleman and McGilla- Since I get quite a few products for free, I consider this a great value. Many here would consider $29.99 for Jack3d a good value. I get your point but for $25.99 I would buy this any day of the week.

@Cryo- this stuff isn;t that bad, but I use to have a fetish for tequila so maybe that's why I like it. Cough medicine actually tastes good to me too!

@Cray- Thanks man! Some of my older reviews are quite good I would like to add :).

@Shinn- This stuff is really good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The profile is very solid.

Blade410

Posted August 30, 2012
@cray You aren't a board member, you are our part time bottle washer and door man. Get it right.

Posted August 30, 2012
I find the the taste in almost any product in this series is bad, Creacore is worse than this, but MT is not all that bad, the new Nitro Tech Performance Series is actually quite good

McGilla

Posted August 30, 2012
@Isp, Gotta disagree about creacore. Creacore just tastes like stale, flat Sprite.

Fruit Punch Neurocore is the most vile thing I've ever drank in my life. It's like they melted crappy store brand gummy bears and poured the goo into dirty mop and bucket water from a booth at a peep show then found a way to make it into powder form and then proceeded to take a dump, just before it mades it's way into the tub.

I do have a tub of Grape Neurocore that I'm waiting to try though!

Posted August 31, 2012
YOu know that the "geranium extract" here is just bogus? At least when you expect sth like DMAA...

Posted August 31, 2012
Solid review, I couldn't agree more on all your points.

Posted August 31, 2012
can u help me out in knowing y iam not getting any results from this? ive tried it in many ways still not helpful...

mhseaver670

I would honestly say this will be close to Jack3d

Ok guys this will be first REVIEW as a EXPERT!. A little nervous and dont want to disappoint.

I first heard about this from Jmetal. Some of you might remember him. So I sent a email to muscletech. And guess what? I got a tub for free in the mail.! Before it hit stores!

SO...

SO lets look at the ingredients.
Beta-alanine 3200mg
L citrulline 3,000mg
Creatine HCL 3,000mg
Geranium extract 531mg
Caffeine anhydrous 330mg
Rhodiola extract 100mg
Deanol bitartrate 50mg
Vinpocetine 5mg

This is for the full dose of 3 scoops though.

Vascularity: 8
I do look for this in most of all products. I did notice some veins popping easier than normal. Not much you can say on this unless you try it.

Endurance : 8.5
This stuff really works. I could go in and really pound it out for a good solid hr or two and still have some in the tank.

Pump : 8
Now I was taking Nitrox II while on this so this will be hard to judge. I did notice the pumps come on a lot easier while on this and for some reason stayed with me lot longer as well. One side effect I did have was sweating way more and seemed be a lot hotter..My skin even looked red at times.

Focus :9
This is where it shines for me. I would rather have focus over pump and endurance or taste or anything. I love having tunnel vision and good mind muscle connection. I would totally zone out with this stuff. I never had a hard crash from it either.

Taste: 8
I did not think it was bad. After having Gnc RAW nothing can taste bad.

Strength:8
I never thought a PWO could help here., but it did. Might be a placebo effect. But I was very focused and numbers did go up.

Value: 9
I think this is not bad priced. I never had to use more than 2 scoops. You can always find good deals. Mine will be higher just cause I got a good deal. :)

I think muscletech may have turned things around with this product. No PROP blends.. just straight up goodies.
I would honestly say this will be close to Jack3d or some of the better ones I have used.
I Hope I did will on this review.
Thanks
Seaver's

Pros:
Cons:
  • Quick Energy
  • Personally I Didnt Crash

Posted March 18, 2012
great review just got a tub of this, cant wait too try,..

shinndigg

All in all I felt Neurocore was a solid and well put together pre-workout

I will spare you all the opening rhetoric about what Muscletech used to do and used to be, blah blah blah...when this product came out it piqued my interest. It appeared as though Muscletech had gotten it's act together with it's Super Concentrated Series line. It was nearly impossible to avoid the ads and the word of mouth spreading about this product, so I had to buy one and try it out for myself being the supplement aficionado that I am. Those of you that were following my swole stack log also know this was the main pre-workout supplement I used throughout.

Dosage: 3 scoops roughly 15-20 minutes before workout.

Profile(9.5/10): Unlike many of Muscletech's old "Kitchen Sink" formulations, the formulation of Neurocore is one of the first things that makes it stand out. The best part of the profile is NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS, big thumbs up for that. So first and foremost a full serving gives you 3200mg of beta alanine, which is the magic number as far as a clinically effective dose of beta alanine goes for it's muscle endurance properties. Next you get 3g of citrulline, which has been shown to be a more effective nitric oxide booster then arginine or arginine akg which you find in many of the pre-workout supplements on the market today. Next up is 3g of Creatine HCL, a form of creatine designed to absorb quicker and more effectively then regular monohydrate with less of the water retention. I go either way on this, to me creatine is creatine. A full dose also hits you with 330mg of caffeine, if that can't wake you up and get you ready for the gym then you should find a new hobby, or check yourself for a pulse. The version I had was the first generation version that contains the dreaded geranium and DMAE...GASP...it's a wonder I am here to write this review to you all today. Overall though the profile of Neurocore is very solid and backed by clinical doses of effective ingredients, so it gets high marks from me in that area.

Energy(9/10): As mentioned before, the 330mg of caffeine kick you in the seat of your pants and get you up for lifting heavy things. I never found myself at a lack of energy while using Neurocore, but the one thing I didn't like was about an hour after I would get home from the gym I would crash, hardcore. As fast as the energy came, it drained from me after I finished working out.

Pump(8/10): Neurocore delivers very well in the pumps category. Veins stuck out, I could feel the blood flowing through me, it was a good feeling. Nothing that blew me away, but I have yet to really use a product that has thoroughly impressed me as far as pumps go.

Strength(8/10): I did get a little bit stronger during my time using Neurocore, I attest most of that however to being on 2 different test boosters while using it as well. But with the effective doses of beta alanine and creatine hcl, I have no doubt in my mind this product delivers in assisting muscle strength and endurance.

Taste(1/10): If this product has any flaw, it's in this category. I am rarely ever one to gripe or complain about the taste of a supplement, in fact I am one of the first people to say man up and chug if it tastes like crap. Neurocore however, tested my boundaries in that department. It was like drinking Robitussin gone bad, pretty awful. The fact Muscletech puts "Fruit Punch" as the flavor on the label of this is grounds for false advertisement, if I ever tasted a fruit punch this bad I would give up drinking fruit punches.

Mixability(7/10): Neurocore mixes fairly well with a little visible "grit" of undissolved powders, no clumps though. And it tended to foam up quite a bit too. It was manageable though as far as being able to mix it up to drink it.

Value(7/10): You can get a container of this for around 22-25 bucks. Problem being to get the full effects of this product you need 3 scoops, and since each container contains 45 scoops you get only 15 effective doses of it for that price, or roughly $1.66 a serving. You get quality ingredients for your money, but limited amounts of effective servings per container.

All in all I felt Neurocore was a solid and well put together pre-workout supplement. For all the sins Muscletech has committed in it's past, it has produced an effective product here with this one. This product has become one of my favorite pre-workouts to use and I give it a thumbs up and I would recommend anyone interested in this product or anyone looking for a solid pre-workout to give this one a try.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective Doses Of Critical Ingredients
  • Tastes Like Warmed Over Death
  • It Will Make You Crash

cjm502

Posted December 9, 2012
Solid review, I wish I would have picked some up when the og version was floating around everywhere for $14

Posted December 9, 2012
Should have gotten grape. Nice review man!

Posted December 9, 2012
try the new one without geranium.
Maybe me but I thought it was damn awful. + made me feel sick.

30V6
(-2)

Posted December 9, 2012
good review, going to give this a try thanks

This is by the far the best PWO out right now

Intro: The front page is full of OEP and Jacked reviews so I thought id write a review.

Cant say enough good things about this, the best PWO I have ever tried.

Energy: 9/10 I always...

Cant say enough good things about this, the best PWO I have ever tried.

Energy: 9/10 I always wanted to do more
while i was on this, usually when im done
with my WO im sluggish but the PWO carry
over for the rest of the day.

Strength: 10/10 This is the only PWO ive
taken where i feel noticeably stronger,
this is due to the Con-Cret.

Focus: 10/10 Crazy tunnel vision with
this, really puts me in the zone.

Pump 7/10: This is one of the few
products that enhances my pump, i was
pleasantly surprised by this.

Taste: 7/10 Seriously guys grow a pair its not that bad, i actually enjoyed it with some grape juice.

Value: 9/10 Great value i eventually worked up to 2.5 scoops and that was all i needed. I split this with my brother and it lasted us a month.

Overall: 9 This is by the far the best PWO out right now. MuscleTech got their *** together for this product definitely recommend if youre into PWO's.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Focus

Posted September 11, 2011
    Gotta give this a try. NoxiPro isn't cutting it for me.

Manimal

Posted September 11, 2011
    Short n' sweet, yet descriptive. Nice work.

I've been running a bottle of this myself. Not too shabby for muscletech. Definitely nice pumps but I still prefer the energy from the 1,3 in Jack3d.

awesome review man. honestly i prefer this over Jack3d now even

Posted September 11, 2011
    great review. short and sweet. straight to the point. no bs. I was also impressed. Two scoops hit the phuck out of me.. It was def more tense, but wore off faster for me. Cant wait to finish the bottle

This is a must pre-workout supplement

As an introduction, i would like to state that this is an excellent pre-workout product. I have tried a fair amount of pre-workouts, and Neurocore most definetely desereves a spot right next to Jacked.

VASCULARITY: 8.5/10 Yes, i do look for this in my pre-workouts and Neurocore did not dissapoint in this department. Even without the Yoked, I still had those crazy spider webbed vains. Even while i was lean bulking, my veins were always popping out during lifts.

PUMP: 8.8/10 The L-Citrulline in here gave my fairly good pumps, but if your looking for insane mind blowing pumps, this most definetely goes well with Nitric Oxide and Natural Test Booster based products! It is the ultimate combination. I promise. Although it is fair to say that Neurocore by itself measures up pretty well in the pump department. By itself, they were more like wet pumps.

STRENGTH: 9.8/10 Let me tell you guys, there are very few pre workouts that actually help me lift more weight. Neurocore makes the cut. Rather than only only having that jittered out, crazy alpha male feeling, this supplement ACTUALLY helped me lift more weight. When i felt like i wasnt going to get my last reps during tough sets, i actually did! And in my book, that is what makes a pre-workout legit.

ENDURANCE- 9.4/10 I was extremely impressed with this part of Neurocore. Although the effect seemed to wear off a bit faster than other pre-workouts, this helped me last longer and improved my volume training. Once i got off this, i really did noticed a difference. The beta-alanine tingles were stronger than anything ive taken before.

FOCUS: 9.8/10 Neurocore gave me an intense focus. Nuff Said.

Taste: 3/10 lol when i first tried this, i was like wtf is this? lol dont be puss, just slam it. Theres worst tasting stuff lol

3 SCOOP SERVING SIZE:
    Caffeine anhydrous 330mg
    Rhodiola extract 100mg
    Deanol bitartrate 50mg
    Vinpocetine 5mg

The ingrediant profile speaks for itself. No proprietary blends, no bs, you know what your getting. Obviously you must start off with 1 scooper. I never had to take 3 to get the most out of the product. Also remember to cycle off stims for 4 weeks before trying this to get the full benefits.

Value: Has a great value for the effects. Just look around mofos.

This is a must pre-workout supplement, which is why i took the time to write this review!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Focus
    • Gained Strength
    • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
    • Great Pump
    • Built A Tolerance

Mooselini

Posted January 4, 2012
    if it wasnt for the taste i would use this every workout, i also got stim dick up the ***

Posted January 4, 2012
    Haha ive never gotten stim dick.

Posted January 4, 2012
    The geranium root is 1,3 dimeth correct?

Yes! it is!

Mi gusta

Posted January 5, 2012
    I actually don't mind the taste at all! I think once you've had MHP Dark Rage you don't really care about taste anymore!

Tried this for the first time today bro! 3 scoops and I forgot to take the stim pill out of my animal pump. Started off breathing super heavy but then felt pretty good.

+Rep for you. 3 scoops of this stuff works better for me then 1.5 scoops of muscle marinade.

Posted January 5, 2012
    Haha glad you enjoyed it broseph! Im too scared to take 3 scoopes lol 2 and 3/4 at the most for me!

Posted January 5, 2012
    this is an excellent pwo, the only thing preventing me from buying it again is its horrendous taste.... i could not handle it early in the morning.

Posted January 5, 2012
    When it displays the label, it doesnt show how many calories, carbs, or sugar that is in the supplement. Can you provide this information? Thanks!

Energy was really great and clean

Hey guys, how's it going? MuscleTech...so many products...most of them aren't that great, and even if they aren't awful...they're way overpriced. There are a few decent MuscleTech supplements that are worth the investment...Creakic, Leukic, and Gakic was an effective stack...Anabolic Halo is a decent post workout...Intravol isn't a bad intra workout...Mass Tech is a very effective weight gainer...everything else sucks in my opinion...However, all of those products still were overpriced and had proprietary blends with 1000 ingredients

Neurocore breaks this trend and actually lists every ingredient and how much is in it...Nano Vapor was an awful pre workout, so I was a tiny bit skeptical of Neurocore...I picked one up the first shipment we received at my GNC and used it for a few weeks. MuscleTech hit a home run with this pre workout...No BS...this is a really good product

Ingredients- Thankfully, MuscleTech lists every ingredient perfectly...it's going to have your standard Beta Alanine and caffeine...However you're getting Creatine Hydrochloride, which is a very concentrated dose of creatine that really does help a lot with strength gains without Creatine Monohydrate side effects such as water retention, bloating, etc...Vasodialation from this preworkout will be caused by Citrulline, which is the precursor to Arginine, which is the precursor to Nitric Oxide...Neurocore uses pure L Citrulline to give you a very complete Nitric Oxide pathway...You also get Geranium extract, which is what 13 dimeth is derived from and will be a stimulant...you also get rhodiola rosea which helps with focus and helps release dopamine, which really was noticible because i felt really good happy energy...also adds vinopectine which acts as a vasodialator...and lastly you get deanol bitartate which is just another energy and mood enhancer

Dosage- Each scoop you get 110 mg of caffeine and roughly 1 g each of citrulline, creatine hci, and Beta Alanine...I used 3 scoops and stayed consistently at that for the few weeks and didn't really increase

Taste- This is the only downfall of this product...it only has fruit punch as of now and tastes like cough syrup...it mixes adequately kind of...and is a dark purple color and is a mean nasty taste...but man up and drink it

Effectiveness- Energy was really great and clean..I was locked in for the whole hour of my workout...Vascularity was very noticible...The best part was that my strength went up a lot compared to other pre workouts...even other good ones such as C4 or Jack3d...Neurocore really helped me add more weight each workout and not each week or so...Definitely due to the Creatine HCI...one of the best forms out there in my opinion...Also didnt really get any crash with the energy, which was obviously a plus

Value- I think in store, you can also get it at GNC, I got it for like 22 bucks with my employee discount...but it isn't really overpriced compared to its competitors...it'll be normally between 25-35 bucks depending on the sale...but it'll be a dollar plus change per serving...but for how good this product is, it's more than worth it

Overall, MuscleTech...you did an incredible job with this...It's nice to see that they finally realized what the consumer wants, which is a quality product that won't BS you and will give you solid results without paying way too much...They also came out with a similarly styled thermogenic called Hydroxystim, which I haven't tried, but should be decent...keep it up MuscleTech...come out with a few more good products in the near future like Neurocore and you can be forgiven for all the crappy products you have released in your past!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quick Energy
    • Gained Strength
    • Personally I Didnt Crash
    • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
    • Long-lasting Effects
    • Great Pump

Posted August 21, 2011
    Great comprehensive review! Glad to hear an honest opinion on this product.

Posted August 21, 2011
    haha thanks man, i give credit where it's due...and muscletech deserved it for once

Posted August 21, 2011
    Yeah man this is honestly my go to PWO now, it's bomb! But i feel you on taste...i have to choke it down haha It also sucks because it heeeeella foams up :/

Posted August 21, 2011
    haha yeah it's just a mean tasting pwo...they need some new flavors besides just fruit punch...maybe swedish fish flavored pwo...no lie that would be so good hahaha

Posted August 21, 2011
    good review dude, i'll have to give it a try.

Posted August 22, 2011
    thanks bro, you'll definitely like it...i forgot to mention in my review that i actually stacked it with NO3 black chrome, so obv that did help with the vascularity...and i used mm sport, fish oil, gs whey, and hydrowhey post workout...very solid and pretty simple stack

Posted August 22, 2011
    I just finished a tub of ACG3, i like it a lot compared to N.O. How would you compare this Neurocore?

Minimum energy and pump activation on training

At first sorry for my English.
    I tried for many pre-workout supp./jack3D, 1.mr hemorage UC, everything worked perfectly, but neurocore is one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Although advertising was impressive, but reality is a difference.
    I started with one scoop...
    At first sorry for my English.
    I started with one scoop and I did not feel anything, no energy, no concentration, no pump, the same two-scoops. So I tried 3 scoops, and I was disappointed. Minimum energy and pump activation on training. But the greater the headache, and stomach pain, I even non-governmental lift weights that I used and I could not even do 10 reps as I make it widely. In addition, you generally feel weird, what I would to depression. As for the taste than other pre-workout supplements, not much, but it can be drunk.
    I tried it more then two weeks, but no change for the better.I even deteriorated recovery, and in the evening I felt a strange pain in muscles.
    So for me it's a big disappointment and waste of mone. Go back to jack3D.

• Headache
    • It Will Make You Crash
    • No Energy
    • No Pump

Posted October 14, 2011
    That really sucks cause their new line looks like they were gonna really try this time too. I thought it was really weird that they didn't put any arginine in there either. + rep for saving me from making a mistake, I was curious of trying it too.

Posted October 14, 2011
    they use a patent pendin ingredient called geranium instead of arginine and it looks better on paper

Posted October 14, 2011
    that doesnt make sense? geranium is where 1,3 dimethylamylamine comes from, which is a stimulant? not a vasoldilator, its actually a vasoconstricor. LOL. and im assuming you read the advertisement that MT has on neurocore, which states that they dont use arginine because it shows in a study that there was no affect on n.o. boost, but then again if you read the actual study, that study was a 3 day study, not prolonged use.

thinisin

Posted October 14, 2011
    They use citrulline instead. This actually worked very well for me and the profile is one of the best out there. Sorry you didn't like it

Posted October 14, 2011
    That sucks you didn't like it. I personally loved it, if it wasn't for the taste though, I would buy it more often... it is absolutely disgusting.

Posted October 15, 2011
    Citrulline is but a source of cellular arginine. which is a precursor of NO, and thus actually prolong the effective start until Citrulline is metabolized to arginine, would do better if there would have given a combination of both.
    Most pre-workout stimulant used garanium extract of the stem of the plant, and supplements you can find modified dimethylamylamine than 1.3. Muscletech has used an experimental alternative in the form of Geranium Robertianum (attraction may be that one of the naming of this plant is " Death Come Quickly "..:))
    While the 1,3 dimet. .. are already quite large enough knowledge and enough response, feedback how it works, there is nothing.

Your everyday pre-workout

Price: 8/10
    Price: 8/10
    $28 for 45 servings is about the average for most everyday pre-workouts. I call it an everyday pre-workout because it is something with a lot of servings and a good price. It is not the type of PWO you would want to take when you are going for a PR, but day-in and day-out it will get the job done. Two scoops will usually gets the job done. So figure around $1 per workout. Still not a terrible price.

Mixability: 9/10
    No problems with mixability. Nowadays, I believe just about everything should be able to mix almost perfectly. Supplements have been out for years and most companies are able to produce them well enough. There's no reason to have grit at the bottom anymore. This one does not.

Taste: 5/10
    I had the fruit punch flavor. It was decent. I love having a PWO with a great taste. I feel like it's such a mental advantage when you are excited to take/taste your PWO. I never got excited to taste this one, but it wasn't hard to drink either. Very average.

Energy: 6/10
    I went with two scoops per workout with this. As an everyday PWO, it is good for everyone. If you are stim-sensitive, this is perfect. If you are not, take two scoops. Energy levels were definitely higher than without a PWO, but they were not through the roof. As I said, you will probably not be breaking any PRs, but it does give a decent amount of energy.

Ingredient profile: 4/10
    One thing I do like is the fact that everything on the label is written out with dose sizes. 1g of beta-alinine is decent, but with two scoops it is perfect. Creatine HCl has 1g as well, which is much better at two scoops. Caffeine is 120mg per scoops, 240mg is much better. Not a big fan of yohimbe either. I can just feel my blood pressure rise whenever I have it. The low dose doesn't really have an effect in neurocore. Overall, it's somewhat of a weak ingredient profile.

If you're stim-sensitive and taking one scoop per workout, then this is a great value. Most people will probably need two scoops, which then makes this just an average value. It's okay, but nothing great. If the PWO were a little more effective I would give it a better value.

Overall: 6.5/10
    It's a decent PWO for the everyday person. If you are a hardcore powerlifting/bodybuilder, then this is not for you. It is a good PWO for someone that is just starting to try them. No heavy stims or huge ingredient profile.

I would only recommend this for the everyday gym-goer or someone that is new to pre-workouts.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quick Energy
    • No Pump
    • Built A Tolerance

Gkeezy

Posted February 3, 2014
    This stuff tastes nasty!

I promised myself that i would never become a "stim junkie". But once football started, and i found it almost impossible to get in the mental zone after practice to workout when all i wanted to do is sleep. So i found myself wandering into my local GNC to find a powerful pre workout supplement to help fuel my workouts, and i came across Neurocore. Now i am by no means a Muscletech fan, but i have to say, I was pretty impressed.

Ingredients: Like most concentrated supplements out there, Neurocore is a stimulant based product, with around 110mg of caffeine per scoop (there are other stims, but the main one is caffeine). Thats not bad, but when you get to the full serving (3 scoops) it is quite a lot of stimulants. Other than the stims it contains a little over a gram of Beta-alanine, around a gram of L-citrulline, and a gram of creatine HCL. These are good ingredients to have in a pre workout, but they seem a little underdosed unless you are taking a full 3 scoops. I would also like to add that the ingredient amounts are labeled on the back of the container, instead of in a proprietary blend like most other MT supplements.

Taste: Well,the taste was pretty bad. The "fruit punch" tasted more like a gnarley flinstones vitamin, but when you finished the drink, the aftertaste kicked in and it made the actual drink seem good...which its not. My point is, its a disgusting drink, but i didnt have a problem with it because it only lasted 4 seconds at most to drink it anyways. But if you like your pre workout supplements to taste good,well, you might want to look someplace else.

Energy/focus: This is really where this supplement shines. Even after football practice, i would chug down a scoop or 2 of Neurocore with water, and in 10-15 min. i was ready to go. It seriously felt like i didnt even have practice that day, and all i wanted to do was lift some weights. The focus was incredible as well, i was extremely determined to kill myself (in a good way) in the gym, even though i was well aware that i had practice the next day too.

Pumps: The energy was great, but the pumps from the supplement its self was barely noticeable. I could just as easily gotten the same pump from not using Neurocore. I wasnt really let down by this beacuse i bought it for the energy, not the pump so i was ok with that.

Other benefits: I did notice an increase in endurance and between set recovery. Even after i did a set to total failure, i felt like i could do another one within 30 seconds. I really had to hold myself back because while i felt like i could go heavier, or for more reps the next set, but my body couldnt, so i had to make sure i could recover inbetween sets.

Side effects: with powerful energy, can come some headaches, and jitters. Not every time, but every once in a while i would get jittery, and nervous. But that was rare and usually when i havent used it in a while. Another "side effect", which really isnt a side effect is that my body became adapted to it pretty quickly, so i only used it 3 times a week when i really needed a boost. That way i can conserve the powder, but at the same time, give my body some rest from the stimulants so that it was more effective every time i used it.

Cost: when i bought it, it was on sale so i got a 50 serving bottle (a serving being 1 scoop) for around 30 dollars. That was a pretty good deal since i would only use it a few times a week. On the other hand, if you need 3 scoops for it to be effective, the price may not seem worth it.

Overall: if you are looking for a supplement to give you a good kick in the @ss to get you ready to lift some weights, or if your job exausts you and you need some motivation and energy to excercise then look into this supplement. On the other hand, those who are stim sensitive, then you might want to look some where else.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quick Energy
    • Possible Crash

Posted November 3, 2011
    top-shelf review+

Posted November 3, 2011
    Excellent Review. I have this fantasy in my head of stacking this with yoked!

dmq777

Neurocore was a pleasant surprise

I've had rather poor experiences with the numerous Muscletech products I've used before, and had vowed to never waste my money on them again. However, after finishing the 45 serving Neurocore that I received as a gift, I think that this product deserves a thumbs-up, and is probably the only one from Muscletech (right now) that I'd recommend to others.

----Ingredients: 9/10
    Big thumbs up to Neurocore for not hiding behind a proprietary blend and letting us know exactly what ingredients, and how much of each we are getting. I'm not going to go over every single ingredient contained, but will acknowledge that the most important ones are all present and adequately dosed at the full 3 scoop serving.
    Beta-alanine is at 3,2 g which is the proven effective dose, caffeine at 330mg and l-citruline at 3g for the pump. Neurocore also contains 1,3 dimeth which I respond really well to, however, I've had a hard determining exactly how much pure DMAA we get here between the two ingredients of "geranium extract" (531mg) and "Deanol bitartrate" (50mg).

----Dosing: 7/10
    30 minutes prior to exercise, 1-3 scoops depending on your tolerance. The scooper inside is a bit smaller than the standard industry size at about 4g. I've always dosed at 3 scoops and think that any amount under, the essential ingredients would be under dosed and ineffective. Hence, I would have much preferred a larger scooper where one scoop would do the job, instead of the advertised "45 servings" divided by 3.

----Mix ability: 10/10
    I had absolutely no problems mixing Neurocore; shaken or stirred, it dissolved perfectly in the water with no stray particles. If only it tasted as good as it mixed...

----Taste: 2/10
    The so-called "fruit punch" flavor is without a doubt one of the worst things I've tasted in my 22 years of living! I can tolerate the fact that the concoction resembles nothing even slightly reminiscent of fruit, but what really makes my entire body shake in disgust is the strong, bitter chemical aftertaste. Rest assured that any after burps will also carry this despicable flavor.
    The only positive thing that resulted from the taste was that having to down an entire cup of this would make me so angry that I'd have more fuel in the gym!

----Results/Effectiveness: 8.5/10
    Neurocore is very stim-heavy and significantly jacks up my heart rate, so I did not use it for my typical cardio (HIIT) for safety reasons, and only with warm-up cardio before lifting weights. In the weight room, Neurocore (and Muscletech for the first time) really exceeded my expectations. At 1 or 2 scoops, I found it to be ineffective because of the under dosing of key ingredients, but when I used the 3 full scoops it never let me down, and always made me blow through my workouts.

Mentally, Neurocore always gave me razor-sharp focus, an intense mindset and tunnel vision when I'd get into on my workout. I enjoyed the totally wired feeling that the caffeine and DMAA gave me, making me feel like the only thing that existed in the world was my music blasting and brother iron, sister steel. I also felt more ambitious in terms of the weight that I wanted to lift and went straight at many personal records.

Physically, I experienced improved endurance, a slight increase in strength and significant pumps when stacked with Nitrox 2. One interesting thing that I noticed was that these physical effects would be greatly amplified if I did a thorough warm-up before the weights as compared to when I did not. The increased physical endurance meant that I could pump out a good 1-2 more reps out of all my sets, and helped especially significantly on leg days. I actually broke some PRs on squats, calf raises and lunges. Neurocore's pumps were decent by itself, but when I stacked it with Nitrox 2, it made me look at least one shirt size bigger and I even got pumps in my hand, which I had never experienced before. Some skinny guy thought I was on steroids!

----Value 7/10
    I got this as a gift, but online this can be found for as low as $20 for a 45 serving tub plus shipping; taking 3 full scoops, it comes down to about $1.33 per workout which is reasonable, although there are definitely better value PWOs on the market.

----Overall 7/10
    Neurocore was a pleasant surprise and I had a great experience with it, especially loving the boosted endurance aspect. This is the first Muscletech product that I'd recommend to the SR fam, and hope to see MT use their resources to develop more products like this instead of buying those 4 page ads!

-Danny

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Gained Strength
    • Great Pump
    • Improved Endurance
    • Broke Some Prs
    • Heads The List Of Worst Tasting Supplements
    • Key Ingredients Under-dosed At Less Than 3 Scoops

Good review bro.

Posted April 11, 2012
    Splendid Review. Yeah, I was surprised as well that Neurocore kinda worked for me but i used 4 scoops (really tolerant to stims). I got it BOGO so the deal was good.

dmq777

Posted April 11, 2012
    Hey, thanks guys! Yeah this PWO is solid, although I seriously think I've been traumatized by the taste. I'm pretty stim tolerant too, or so I thought, until I met Craze :D

kris65

Posted April 11, 2012
    Nice review, you need to check out K-otic by EFX labs, the stuff is sick.

Gkeezy

Posted April 11, 2012
    Good Review. I had bought this but the taste was too disgusting to tolerate every day so I ended up chucking it in the trash can