Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > MuscleTech > Neurocore

MuscleTech Neurocore

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Neurocore MuscleTech
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (68 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 94% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9
Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Optimum Essential AmiN.O. Energy Reviews
Essential AmiN.O. Energy (62 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)
MuscleTech naNO Vapor Reviews
naNO Vapor (120 Reviews)
4.9

Related Forum Topics

Buy 1 get 1 Free Neurocore at Bodybuilding.com
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mt/neurocore.html coupons for 10% off to make...

Get 2 x Neurocore full size and 1 x Nanostim full size for $36
http://suppz.com/stack-of-2-neurocore-free-nanostim.html Buy 2 Neurocore at 19....

BOGO Muscletech Neurocore (2 for $30)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mt/neurocore.html I have had all the flavours...

Need help reguarding MT Neurocore.
Respected all, Iv been taking neurocore since 5 days and have tried it in almost...

Took 3 scoops of MT Neurocore w/c contains 330mg of caffeine, can't fall asleep.
I took an preworkout i guess in large dose than recomended because smaller doses...

Muscletech. Neurocore, phase 8, creacore BOGO Free on BB.com
several MT products on BOGO for limited time on bodybuilding.com ...

MuscleTech Neurocore BOGO today on BB.com
bodybuilding.com/store/mt/neurocore.html Sorry, can't post the full URL ye...

can i stak the animal stak with c4,assault,Neurocore? and optimen instead of pak
guys i'm just wondering if i can used animal stak with preworkout supplemen...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Neurocore is the first concentrated pre-workout supplement to be created by MuscleTech. With the hit and miss reputation of their other pre-workout, NaNO Vapor, MuscleTech made a smart decision and went with at scientifically backed pre-workout formula. Since its release, the consensus has been that it is a solid product and a legitimate contender among the top pre-workouts.

Neurocore Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Neurocore Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (56)
  • Focus (43)
  • Good Value (42)
  • Great Pump (41)
  • Bad Taste (31)
  • Needs More Flavor Varieties (16)
  • Jittery (11)
  • No Energy (9)
December 9, 2012

Reviews: 61

Age: 25

December 9, 2012
 I will spare you all the opening rhetoric about what Muscletech used to do and used to be, blah blah blah...when this product came out it piqued my interest. It appeared as though Muscletech had gotten it's act together with it's Super Concentrated Series line. It was nearly impossible to avoid the ads and the word of mouth spreading about this product, so I had to buy one and try it out for myself being the supplement aficionado that I am. Those of you that were following my swole stack log also know this was the main pre-workout supplement I used throughout.

Dosage: 3 scoops roughly 15-20 minutes before workout.

Profile(9.5/10): Unlike many of Muscletech's old "Kitchen Sink" formulations, the formulation of Neurocore is one of the first things that makes it stand out. The best part of the profile is NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS, big thumbs up for that. So first and foremost a full serving gives you 3200mg of beta alanine, which is the magic number as far as a clinically effective dose of beta alanine goes for it's muscle endurance properties. Next you get 3g of citrulline, which has been shown to be a more effective nitric oxide booster then arginine or arginine akg which you find in many of the pre-workout supplements on the market today. Next up is 3g of Creatine HCL, a form of creatine designed to absorb quicker and more effectively then regular monohydrate with less of the water retention. I go either way on this, to me creatine is creatine. A full dose also hits you with 330mg of caffeine, if that can't wake you up and get you ready for the gym then you should find a new hobby, or check yourself for a pulse. The version I had was the first generation version that contains the dreaded geranium and DMAE...GASP...it's a wonder I am here to write this review to you all today. Overall though the profile of Neurocore is very solid and backed by clinical doses of effective ingredients, so it gets high marks from me in that area.

Energy(9/10): As mentioned before, the 330mg of caffeine kick you in the seat of your pants and get you up for lifting heavy things. I never found myself at a lack of energy while using Neurocore, but the one thing I didn't like was about an hour after I would get home from the gym I would crash, hardcore. As fast as the energy came, it drained from me after I finished working out.

Pump(8/10): Neurocore delivers very well in the pumps category. Veins stuck out, I could feel the blood flowing through me, it was a good feeling. Nothing that blew me away, but I have yet to really use a product that has thoroughly impressed me as far as pumps go.

Strength(8/10): I did get a little bit stronger during my time using Neurocore, I attest most of that however to being on 2 different test boosters while using it as well. But with the effective doses of beta alanine and creatine hcl, I have no doubt in my mind this product delivers in assisting muscle strength and endurance.

Taste(1/10): If this product has any flaw, it's in this category. I am rarely ever one to gripe or complain about the taste of a supplement, in fact I am one of the first people to say man up and chug if it tastes like crap. Neurocore however, tested my boundaries in that department. It was like drinking Robitussin gone bad, pretty awful. The fact Muscletech puts "Fruit Punch" as the flavor on the label of this is grounds for false advertisement, if I ever tasted a fruit punch this bad I would give up drinking fruit punches.

Mixability(7/10): Neurocore mixes fairly well with a little visible "grit" of undissolved powders, no clumps though. And it tended to foam up quite a bit too. It was manageable though as far as being able to mix it up to drink it.

Value(7/10): You can get a container of this for around 22-25 bucks. Problem being to get the full effects of this product you need 3 scoops, and since each container contains 45 scoops you get only 15 effective doses of it for that price, or roughly $1.66 a serving. You get quality ingredients for your money, but limited amounts of effective servings per container.

All in all I felt Neurocore was a solid and well put together pre-workout supplement. For all the sins Muscletech has committed in it's past, it has produced an effective product here with this one. This product has become one of my favorite pre-workouts to use and I give it a thumbs up and I would recommend anyone interested in this product or anyone looking for a solid pre-workout to give this one a try.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Effective Doses Of Critical Ingredients
  • Tastes Like Warmed Over Death
  • It Will Make You Crash
cjm502
cjm502

Reviews: 9
Reputation: +110
Solid review, I wish I would have picked some up when the og version was floating around everywhere for $14

Reputation: +2341
Should have gotten grape. Nice review man!

Reply #3:

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +475
try the new one without geranium.
Maybe me but I thought it was damn awful. + made me feel sick.

Reply #4:
30V6
30V6

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 5
Reputation: 0
good review, going to give this a try thanks

August 29, 2012

Age: 22

August 29, 2012
 I know we all hate Muscletech. I know we all hate their products. It has become a blind hatred in all honesty. Anything they come out with will be severely hated on, no matter how good the product is. I found that many people overlook their Super Concentrated Series, and while using these products myself, have found them to be a very solid group of products.

Now with that aside I would like to start. Neurocore is MT's concentrated pre-workout. I bought this because it was on sale at GNC for $25.99. I have gone through about 1.5 tubs of this and finally found time to write a review on it.

Taste/Mix: 8/10
The taste isn't something I look forward to. It isn't all that bad to be honest, but it doesn't compare to Blox. I would say the grape flavor tastes better than Craze actually. It mixes very well though. Kind of a little side rating, this won't effect the overall rating.

Profile:9.2/10
The profile is very solid at the full dosage. Almost everything I look for in a preworkout, at effective doses.

Beta-Alanine-3.2 grams
L-Citrulline- 3 grams
Creatine HCl- 3 grams
Geranium Extract- 531 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous- 330 mg
Rhodiola Extract- 100 mg
Deanol bitartrate-50 mg
Vinpocetine- 5 mg

Very solid ingredient profile. If you have seen my Con-Cret review, you will know I am a big fan of creatine hcl and find it the only creatine to be effective preworkout for me. I also like the geranium extract. The Citrulline could be a bit higher, but that is why they created NanoStim, which I personally love adding to any pwo.

Effectiveness:9.1/10
I usually don't give products very high ratings like this, especially pwos, but this one has become a top 3 pwo of mine. I really like this product. The focus it gave me was ALMOST as good as what I got from Craze. I also really liked the energy it gave me as well. If you don't get energy from 330 mg of caffeine, then give up trying to get energy from any pwo. This also gave me great strength. I usually have to take creatine post-workout, unless it is Con-Cret, but this has all the creatine hcl I need. The full dosage of Neurocore gives 4 scoops worth of Con-Cret. This helped me stretch out that expensive Con-Cret bottle. It got to a point where I was only using Con-Cret on off days to keep saturation.

Anyway, the energy is long lasting and I never experienced a crash. The ingredient profile speaks for itself. I got a decent pump when taking this alone, but when I added another pump product I was getting some of the best pumps of my life. Endurance shot up as well in terms of energy and strength. I never had a bad workout when taking this, and I never experienced a crash. This product WORKS!(Unlike some other old Muscletech products we all hate)

Value:9/10
Honestly at 25.99 at GNC, this is a hard one to beat. I actually found it on 'illpumpyouup' for 24.99. Great price for a very effective pwo. Not much more to say, because I usually ramble on about how much I hate the prices(just see my p6 or Wheybolic review).

Overall:9/10
I will give this a 9/10 because I really liked it. If it came with a little more citrulline, it would have been higher. I say give this a shot, or at least try the trial size tub. This is one of my favorite pwos of all time, and I'm sure it can top your list as well. It might even change your mind on Muscletech, like it has with me.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Focus
  • Gained Strength
  • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
  • Long-lasting Effects
  • Not The Best Taste I Have Had But Not Bad

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +475
i have seen it on sale for 14.99 or Buy one get one at 29.99

Its profile does look good at the 3 scoop dose. Which iritates me about the product because they advertise that they have properly dosed ingredients but you look on the back and it says you need 3 scoops to get the dose that is advertised.

Joined: 9/2011
Reviews: 23
Reputation: +350
Agreed with Appleman, you got hosed paying $25 bro :x. Like I touched on in my review of Neurocore the tubs I got cost $14.

Very solid review though.

Reply #3:
Cryoburner
Cryoburner

Joined: 10/2010
Reputation: +803
I liked Neurocore but the taste... dear god the taste. Tequila and cough medicine :(

Reply #4:
Cray
Cray

Joined: 6/2010
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +2375
Excellent review Clippy. Honestly this prompted me to go back and rep your other reviews.

Welcome to the Petey school of supplement ratings (of which I am a board member).

But srsly, great review.

Reply #5:

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 61
Reputation: +1044
Getting ready to run this in a few weeks, I am looking forward to it, good review.

Reply #6:

Reputation: +2341
Thanks everybody. I have more to say but I'm at work so it will have to wait, but did anyone notice I mentioned I never experienced a crash twice in the second paragraph in the effectiveness part? Haha I need to start reading my reviews more thoroughly before I post them!

Reply #7:
deggman
deggman

Joined: 5/2012
Reviews: 7
Reputation: +42
Cryoburner...when was the last time you tasted this? I ask because I got a free sample about 2 or three months ago that said "new" on it and I think it was because they improved the taste. It was tart but quite good.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +2341
@Appleman and McGilla- Since I get quite a few products for free, I consider this a great value. Many here would consider $29.99 for Jack3d a good value. I get your point but for $25.99 I would buy this any day of the week.

@Cryo- this stuff isn;t that bad, but I use to have a fetish for tequila so maybe that's why I like it. Cough medicine actually tastes good to me too!

@Cray- Thanks man! Some of my older reviews are quite good I would like to add :).

@Shinn- This stuff is really good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The profile is very solid.

Reply #9:
Blade410
Blade410

Joined: 2/2010
Reviews: 62
Reputation: +2878
@cray You aren't a board member, you are our part time bottle washer and door man. Get it right.

Reply #10:
Isplisgardt
Isplisgardt

Joined: 2/2011
Reviews: 17
Reputation: +650
I find the the taste in almost any product in this series is bad, Creacore is worse than this, but MT is not all that bad, the new Nitro Tech Performance Series is actually quite good

Reply #11:

Joined: 9/2011
Reviews: 23
Reputation: +350
@Isp, Gotta disagree about creacore. Creacore just tastes like stale, flat Sprite.

Fruit Punch Neurocore is the most vile thing I've ever drank in my life. It's like they melted crappy store brand gummy bears and poured the goo into dirty mop and bucket water from a booth at a peep show then found a way to make it into powder form and then proceeded to take a dump, just before it mades it's way into the tub.

I do have a tub of Grape Neurocore that I'm waiting to try though!

Reply #12:
metalhead
metalhead

Joined: 7/2011
Reviews: 11
Reputation: +16
YOu know that the "geranium extract" here is just bogus? At least when you expect sth like DMAA...

Reply #13:
showtime66
showtime66

Joined: 10/2012
Reputation: 0
Solid review, I couldn't agree more on all your points.

Reply #14:
rippedbeast6
rippedbeast6

Joined: 4/2013
Reviews: 2
Reputation: 0
can u help me out in knowing y iam not getting any results from this? ive tried it in many ways still not helpful...

March 18, 2012

mhseaver670

Reviews: 79

Age: 35

March 18, 2012
 Ok guys this will be first REVIEW as a EXPERT!. A little nervous and dont want to disappoint.

I first heard about this from Jmetal. Some of you might remember him. So I sent a email to muscletech. And guess what? I got a tub for free in the mail.! Before it hit stores!

SO lets look at the ingredients.
Beta-alanine 3200mg
L citrulline 3,000mg
Creatine HCL 3,000mg
Geranium extract 531mg
Caffeine anhydrous 330mg
Rhodiola extract 100mg
Deanol bitartrate 50mg
Vinpocetine 5mg

This is for the full dose of 3 scoops though.

Vascularity: 8
I do look for this in most of all products. I did notice some veins popping easier than normal. Not much you can say on this unless you try it.

Endurance : 8.5
This stuff really works. I could go in and really pound it out for a good solid hr or two and still have some in the tank.

Pump : 8
Now I was taking Nitrox II while on this so this will be hard to judge. I did notice the pumps come on a lot easier while on this and for some reason stayed with me lot longer as well. One side effect I did have was sweating way more and seemed be a lot hotter..My skin even looked red at times.

Focus :9
This is where it shines for me. I would rather have focus over pump and endurance or taste or anything. I love having tunnel vision and good mind muscle connection. I would totally zone out with this stuff. I never had a hard crash from it either.

Taste: 8
I did not think it was bad. After having Gnc RAW nothing can taste bad.

Strength:8
I never thought a PWO could help here., but it did. Might be a placebo effect. But I was very focused and numbers did go up.

Value: 9
I think this is not bad priced. I never had to use more than 2 scoops. You can always find good deals. Mine will be higher just cause I got a good deal. :)

I think muscletech may have turned things around with this product. No PROP blends.. just straight up goodies.
I would honestly say this will be close to Jack3d or some of the better ones I have used.
I Hope I did will on this review.
Thanks
Seaver's

Pros:
Cons:
  • Quick Energy
Gladitorny
Gladitorny

Joined: 3/2012
Reputation: 0
great review just got a tub of this, cant wait too try,..

February 2, 2014

nickyfondz

Age: 20

February 2, 2014
Your everyday pre-workout

Price: 8/10
$28 for 45 servings is about the average for most everyday pre-workouts. I call it an everyday pre-workout because it is something with a lot of servings and a good price. It is not the type of PWO you would want to take when you are going for a PR, but day-in and day-out it will get the job done. Two scoops will usually gets the job done. So figure around $1 per workout. Still not a terrible price.

Mixability: 9/10
No problems with mixability. Nowadays, I believe just about everything should be able to mix almost perfectly. Supplements have been out for years and most companies are able to produce them well enough. There's no reason to have grit at the bottom anymore. This one does not.

Taste: 5/10
I had the fruit punch flavor. It was decent. I love having a PWO with a great taste. I feel like it's such a mental advantage when you are excited to take/taste your PWO. I never got excited to taste this one, but it wasn't hard to drink either. Very average.

Energy: 6/10
I went with two scoops per workout with this. As an everyday PWO, it is good for everyone. If you are stim-sensitive, this is perfect. If you are not, take two scoops. Energy levels were definitely higher than without a PWO, but they were not through the roof. As I said, you will probably not be breaking any PRs, but it does give a decent amount of energy.

Ingredient profile: 4/10
One thing I do like is the fact that everything on the label is written out with dose sizes. 1g of beta-alinine is decent, but with two scoops it is perfect. Creatine HCl has 1g as well, which is much better at two scoops. Caffeine is 120mg per scoops, 240mg is much better. Not a big fan of yohimbe either. I can just feel my blood pressure rise whenever I have it. The low dose doesn't really have an effect in neurocore. Overall, it's somewhat of a weak ingredient profile.

If you're stim-sensitive and taking one scoop per workout, then this is a great value. Most people will probably need two scoops, which then makes this just an average value. It's okay, but nothing great. If the PWO were a little more effective I would give it a better value.

Overall: 6.5/10
It's a decent PWO for the everyday person. If you are a hardcore powerlifting/bodybuilder, then this is not for you. It is a good PWO for someone that is just starting to try them. No heavy stims or huge ingredient profile.

I would only recommend this for the everyday gym-goer or someone that is new to pre-workouts.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Quick Energy
  • No Pump

November 17, 2013

Age: 20

November 17, 2013
Good product!

Hey there people. Today I'm writing a review on Muscletech's Neurocore. This is a long overdue review, I finished it quite some time ago and really liked it. I'm the kind of person that really likes to take pre's because it boosts my energy, endurance and pump on my workouts. I'm a bit of an addict and I've tried all the popular ones. Ok, I got a bit carried away there so I'm beginning the review.

Dose: 3 scoops before the workout

A weird 9 actually. I was really surprised at how well this product performed. I hate Muscletech from top to bottom but this is their one product I think it's worth trying. Loved the pump, the energy and the tunnel view. Best aspect of this product by far.

Taste: 2/10
Hated it. I had the Fruit Punch flavor and was the worst pre-workout taste I've had since. I had to force it down my throat with my fingers pressing my nose. Hated it from the very first to the last scoop.

Mixability: 4/10
Clumping was present every single time and I found it to be very disturbing. In a blender, shaker, anything, it mixed bad.

Profile: 8/10
Really good profile actually. The NeuroCore Complex was very well stacked and it gave me a good dose of Beta-alanine (3200mg) which I found it to be a pretty good deal. Also liked the addition of geranium and rhodiola extract.

Like I always say on my reviews, I don't really get much vote in this because I live in Peru and here everything is over-priced. But I base my rating on the prices in amazon, bb.com, etc. Like all Muscletech products, this is a little expensive, but worth the bucks.

Really liked it actually, besides the taste and mixability, a solid product. Definetely would try it again sometime hoping that the guys at Muscletech fix the flavor. I highly recommend it.

Hope you found my review helpful guys, if you have some doubts just reply.

Cheers!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Mixability

Joined: 6/2013
Reviews: 13
Reputation: +10
The scoop you used was something like a "heaping scoop"? Mine lasted more than 45 servs because I used the scoop just to the it's edge.

Joined: 1/2013
Reputation: +35
I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly how much servings I got because at the time I didn't pay much attention actually. I think the more supps you buy, you become a little more aware of that my brother. Cheers

October 30, 2013

tleonard1986

Age: 27

October 30, 2013
Great for on the road!

I used neurocore on the road while I was on tour. I wasn't able to hit the gym and I was doing bodyweight workouts like Spartacus. Neurocore kept me focused and interested in what I was doing. The taste is really good and I took it every morning when I went to do my workout. I really appreciate the product because it is easy to get lazy when you're playing shows everyday but this kept me rolling. I came back from tour where I started and that's a big feat. I was exercising 5-6 days a week. The product could be improved by making bigger containers with more servings. It fits nicely in a gym bag but I wish it was 100 servings. I will use it again on my next tour for sure. I didn't have any weird side effects and I never felt sick like you can from some pre-workout stims.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Quick Energy
    September 21, 2013

Reviews: 13

Age: 26

September 21, 2013
    Decent PW!

Took this product over a month, didn't get the scoop size. Had more than 50 scoops (in a 45 scoops container), using the scoop full. Think the way they measure it is like a "heaping scoop" or something similar.

Need to say sometimes I also took Astravar 2.0 with this PW.

Value: 10. Got it on a BOGO on BB. It was a good deal.

Profile: 8. Good profile, but I think it should have more L-Citruline and Beta-Alanine per scoop. The stims are ok IMHO.
    And the labe is full disclosed, always a good stuff.

Taste: 7. Grape.
    Mix: 5. Need to shake well to get all stuff gone, but when you do this it will foam a lot.

Effectiveness: 8. You need 3 scoops to get things really going. Sometimes I took 2 scoops + Astravar 2.0 and could feel the tingles like if it was 3 scoops. 3 scoops + Astravar were the best for me, but c'mon, it was "2 pre-workouts".

Energy/Focus: 8. Pushed me at the gym, this part was very good.
    Pump: 7. Pumps came easier and lasted longer. Just 3 or 4 times I got tremendous pumps, out of 30 times...
    Endurance: 9. Added more weight and sometimes more reps to my sets.

Cons: 3. Sometimes was agitated after my training, kind of 45-60 minutes after it.

Overall: 8.5

I liked it and I have another container and will use in the near future. Wish I had a scale to measure how much I was taking per scoop, think next time I'll focus on using the container on 15-20 workouts to max the effects.
    • Doesn't Mix Well

Reviews: 2

Age: 23

June 17, 2013
    It'll get you going

Bodybuilding.com had a BOGO sale for Neurocure, so I decided to give it a try. I liked that it has a small list of ingredients unlike other preworkouts that load themselves up with so many ingredients which either cancel themselves out or are in such small amounts they're unnecessary anyway. Neurocore keeps it pretty simple with studied ingredients that have been proven to work. Better yet, they give the exact amount of each (major plus there's 1,000 mg creatine HCl/scoop!). I'm not sensitive to stimulants at all, but one scoop (or less) is all I need to give me a good kick and keep me going all day. I even use it in place of coffee sometimes. Seriously, there's NO crash whatsoever and it hits within 10 minutes. I've taken it in the morning and it'll keep me going all day, and I've taken it in the evening and am able to go to bed a few hours later with no issues. The only negative I have to say about it is the flavor. Grape and Blue Raspberry are hard to stomach, but Fruit Punch is pretty tasty. It helps to drink it with cold water for some reason. Along with the taste, the smell is extremely "chemically" and artificial, but that can be expected with supplements. Other than that, it's great stuff. Recommended.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Quick Energy
    • Focus
    • Gained Strength
    • Personally I Didnt Crash
    • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
    • Long-lasting Effects

Reviews: 81
    Reputation: +1134
    I just could not get this thing down... the taste was too horrible yuck

MuscleCow
    MuscleCow

Joined: 2/2013
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +524
    Really? I love the Blue Raspberry flavour. I also use Neurocore in place of coffee all the time.

May 28, 2013

PhatGame

Reviews: 4

Age: 23

May 28, 2013
    Great Ingredients, Go Double Dose!

Overview: I had to give this product a shot when they came out with the new formula. My man Phil Heath recommends it and more importantly they actually list each ingredient. I began taking one scoop, and soon realized this product is very effective at 2-3 scoops. I definitely made some gains in strength, leaned out, and added muscle. Can't ask for much more than that.

Profile 9/10: It has everything you need, just not enough dosage in one scoop.

Beta-Alanine & L-Citrulline: 2 aminos similar in the sense that they promote vascularity and endurance. These are a must for me in a pwo.

Creatine HCL: This a newer creatine that you supposedly absorb better and thus don't need to take as much of. I've never been a huge creatine guy so you'd have to check that one out for yourself.

Rhodiola, Yohimbe, DMAE: These help burn fat and the DMAE in particular is for focus.

L-theanine: From what I read on this one it supposedly reduces anxiety. I think this is important to mention for any pwo supplement.

Taste N/A: I would just scoop it into my mouth and wash it down with water. I can't imagine it tasted fantastic though.

Effectiveness 8/10: When I took this product I noticed a few things in particular: A solid pump (nice veins), more endurance, great focus, a strong rush of energy, and a crash (not that this bothers me). I started out taking one scoop and didn't see these positive effects. When I began taking two scoops there was a noticeable difference in energy and focus. For the few times I took 3 scoops the only major difference was the veins popping out of my arms. This product definitely gets the blood flowing.

Value (6/10): If what was in 2-3 scoops was in one scoop than this would be a fabulous value.

Overall 8/10: Very good product. I appreciate the fact that they list each ingredient. Also, I think the ingredients they chose are perfect and there really is not any unnecessary fillers or random ingredients. You got your stims, focus ingredients, fat burners, aminos for some veins/endurance, and creatine. I think the dosage isn't enough but if you are looking to just get a great workout today then this product will do it.

I would definitely recommend this product. Like I mentioned, at 2 scoops+ you will get a fantastic workout. If you workout about 4 times a week you can stretch a tub of this to a bout a month.

My personal advice would be to take the two scoops for a nice boost in energy, focus & endurance. Then, to maximize your results, add the appropriate doses of beta alanine, citrulline, and creatine. These are all fairly cheap and you would not have to add too much (I'm not sure about creatine hcl price you'd have to check on that one).

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Nice Ingredient Profile
    • Quick Energy
    • Not The Best Value
    • It Will Make You Crash
    Dog4life
    Dog4life

Reviews: 22
    Reputation: +113
    I really like the new Neurocore. As you said, 2 scoop is the sweet spot.
    i get no sides and crash from it :)

February 26, 2013

WetSprocket

Reviews: 5

Age: 29

February 26, 2013
     So this is the first time I have made an account for this site. It is also my first review so it may not be as pristine as everyone else’s.

I may not have given the greatest ratings overall, but I am also one who doesn’t believe in giving 10’s. I do think NeuroCore is a better than average pre-workout product. I have used SuperPump 250 when it was around then switched to Jack3d and then switched to No-Explode for a bit. I think all those where good products just miss the older formula of SuperPump 250. I think NeuroCore is not as abrasive as these other two (the No-Explode and Jack3d) but it does seem to have a better capability for maintaining focus.

I have finished one container of the NeuroCore and have actually decided to buy it again. I like how it does not produce an overly tingly sensation before working out. I am currently on a detox cycle so my supplement use is turned down while I do that for one week.
    _____________________________________________

I started using it when I picked up running again after the holidays. I got some mild cramps but I believe that was more relating to my water intake as I picked up on my cardio. It does seem that it allows me to remained focus on longer workouts then I usually experienced with other products. However, do to the excess length of workouts it does lead to some mild fatigue when I was finished. Since I usually workout at night it was not a massive problem. I guess some don’t care for the taste, personally I don’t think it’s a major big deal. If you drink the 5-hour energy shots the taste is no worse than those things.

It works well, and I personally have no problems with the taste. The effectiveness (other than the focus) is semi lower. There is still a good pump and my workouts still rock, but the pump is not the same as some of the other products out there. Still I personally will take a lesser degree pump for a high degree of focus during my workout hours. A personal bonus to the product is how quick it is to activate. Pills can take a while and so can some other pre-workout powders that I have tried. NeuroCore works in about 15 minutes from what I have seen. It helps when I work a 12 hour shift and then take it while I’m on my way to the gym then change quickly and boom; I’m ready.

Honestly, the best part of the whole product is its price. For the most part (depending where you purchase) you get a lot of bang for your buck. With that said some key vitamin stores will charge a bit over the prices you will find on the internet.
    _____________________________________________

While on NeuroCore my diet was for the most part as health as can be. A lot of fruits and vegetables, meat, shakes, etc. About the only possible side to my diet that was not so good was the BumbleBee Salmon Steaks that I buy as snacks. Other than those my diet has been aimed to maintain high levels of proteins but not cutting carbs completely. What can I say I still like a good cheeseburger.

My workout typically goes;

Chest/Tri and 30 min run day one

Back/Bi and 30 min Elliptical day two

Shoulders/Legs/abs day three

Day four is an optional day- sometimes it’s an off day and other days I may swim or work on the punching back.

Then the cycle repeats.

Anyhow that was just some of the generality of my experience with the product. I think it is a good product. And I see how some people may not like it if they are used to the twitchy, ***ly feeling of products such as Jack3d but I still prefer the more focused energy of NeuroCore that I experienced with the product.

Thanks for reading.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Quick Energy
    • Not As Significant Of A Pump
    • Possible Crash

Have you used Neurocore? Submit your own Review!

Tags: Neurocore, MuscleTech