naNO Vapor Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

5.4

Ranks #203 of 203 (better than 0%) in

naNO Vapor is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MuscleTech. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (15)
THIS PRODUCT

2667mg
CATEGORY AVG

3825mg

Combination of Citrulline and Malic Acid that increases Nitric Oxide production in the body and buffers lactic acid in the body resulting in greater vasodilation and endurance.

THIS PRODUCT

1667mg
CATEGORY AVG

2046mg

Molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina.

COMPARE SIMILAR

AndreasK
  August 9, 2015

---Taste--
Like most 'fruit punch' flavoured supps, it tastes almost sickly sweet and like a general mix of fake fruit flavours. I had no problem drinking it though, even when taking the full 3 scoop dose.

---Mixability/Storage/Dosing---
Mixes OK in a shaker bottle however there were always some clumps at the bottom no matter how much I tried to mix for.
I must say however that 3 scoops (40 grams) of powder is a LOT to mix up if taking the full dose; It needs a lot of water to not be crazy sweet.

In terms of storage, I live in Singapore with humidity always in the 70-80% range. Its great that muscletech put 3 moisture absorbtion satchels in to try to prevent clumping but that didn't help; after a couple of weeks large clumps of powder started to form and had to be broken up. IF you live in a humid climate I recommend putting this stuff into a zip lock bag and removing as much air as possible when you re-seal it.

---Effectiveness---
'OK, average, nothing spectacular'.

Note that there are a number of different variants of this based on the classification of the various ingredients in your country. The version I tried DOES contain the following, which some of the international versions do not:
- Betaine Anhydrous
- Yohimbe extract

It also has higher doses of the following:
- Taurine (4500mg vs 3000mg)
- Vit C (200mg vs 135mg)
- B12 (3.6mcg vs 3mcg)

I quickly ramped up the dosage to the full 3 scoops as 1 or 2 really did nothing for me.

Despite the seemingly better ingredient profile, I didn't experience the massive pumps or huge amounts of energy that other reviewers experienced. Some pumps were seen but nothing extrordinary. It should also be noted that 1 week prior and during the time I was taking this, I switched to decaf coffee so my only caffeine intake was from this yet, I didn't get a buzz that would be expected from such copious amounts of caffeine.

I DID experience the following:
- Tingles, though not for very long
- enhanced recovery between sets (I could usually knock out 1 additional set or did better on a burnout dropset)
- An increase in my benchpress, however I attribute this more to integrating chain training into my chest programme rather than this preworkout.

----Side Effects----
- Sleeplessness if taken too late in the evening i.e. >6pm then trying to sleep @ 11pm
- The third time I tried this, my gym buddy also tried 1 scoop (I had 3) and he almost vomited a number of times during our workout; this stuff clearly didn't agree with him. It should be noted that he has no issue with Pre Jym

---Value---
I bought this for USD 31 so I consider it reasonably good value in terms of number of servings, not in terms of effectiveness.

---Overall---
It's OK but i'm sure there are plenty of others out there which do a better job with less volume of powder per serving. IF you can find it cheap, give it a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pretty Good If You Are Just Starting Out ..
  • Some Pumps
  • Upset Stomach
  • Sleeplessness
xnb11hra
  August 13, 2013

I was pretty skeptical about this when my mate bought it. Mostly because he thought the reviews he read about Nano Vapor on SR were "8.0", when in fact it was actually rated "2.0". Plus, it was Muscletech, and you don't hear people talking about their pre-workouts. But I was so wrong...

Taste:5/10

I got FRUIT PUNCH, since that was the last flavour of my previous PW. I'll admit it dont taste too good the first time but after a couple more times of chugging it, you'll get used to it.

Definitely felt a pump and that tingling feeling of adrenaline rushing through. I workout for about 1 half hours and it gets me going through my workout before the rush stops. Didn't get the gitters or anything and it doesn't upset the stomach (for me at least, everyone reacts differently to these supps).The tub says take a scoop (to test tolerance), then 2 scoops once you've gotten used to it and then 3 scoops later. Personally, I dont wanna get hooked on this stuff, so I only take about 1.5 scoops or less and it does the trick.

Also, the tub claims that one of the ingredients, L-citrulline is capable of increasing ur bench press by 53%. Well, thats a load of BS cause if it literally did that, we'd all be The Hulk by now.

This is by no means a cheap product. The only reason why I got it was cause GNC had a sale it was dirt cheap. There are other products out there which are stronger and are more value for money.

Mixability: 9/10

No problems mixing this at all. I had a lil water in it once when i put the powder, all i had to do was stir it a little and it dissolved easily. No lumps, and residue at the bottom of the bottle.

Solid product. It does what its supposed to do, which is giving you that kick to keep pushing. Definitely recommend it to a beginner trying out pre workouts. But there are other products out their which are cheaper and way stronger.

P.S: This is my first review guys, tell me what i can improve on and go easy on me.

• Outrageous Claims
trooper
  May 14, 2013

I purchased this from Bodybuilding.com for $37.42, on sale from the orginal price of $64.99, which are still two prices I prefer not to pay for a pre-workout but I thought I would give it a fighting chance. I was looking for a pre-workout with an energy boost and strength increase, what I got was waaaay more than that!

First, I was not a fan of the flavor of blue raspberry, it's one of those flavors that you really need to like otherwise you'll think twice about swallowing it down and it's not a flavor you can mix with another product to hide the taste. However, the taste was the least of the negatives.

Mixability 9/10
No problems at all with mixing, easy to prepare, no lumps or residue left over in the bottom of the bottle when used with 10-12 oz of water.

Effectiveness 6/10
I dislike this product however I am giving it a 6/10 for one reason. After taking this product I seriously felt like a frieght train on the loose (ha ha). I even lowered my does but still was in the "zone" for up to two hours past my workout. It was like being in 100% overdrive, non-stop. I felt a lot of energy to the point I probably could have worked out, played basketball, and went running to the point of exhaustion and not realized it. So if that's what you're looking for well then this product delivers that...but for me this was overkill. Even when I came home from the gym I was still buzzing off this product. My hands would be jittery and just a feeling of not being able to relax. I never used this product after 1pm in the afternoon because after two or three times working out at 3pm and using the product I had difficulty sleeping through the night. This product was over effective in the area of energy and focus. I never felt any pumps or increase in strength. Unless the increase in strength came from being in 5th gear from the moment you swallow this product down. Not to mention that as soon as I took this I would have to run for a bathroom. This product gave me an upset stomach within 10 minutes of drinking, also headaches with the occasional dizziness while in the middle of my workout.

Overall 1/10
Horrible price, not a fan of Muscletech (after trying many of their products), I feel their claims are over-rated and they seem to base their advertising heavily on the endorsements of pro bodybuilders saying they wouldn't have gotten "this big" without all the muscletech product they use. If you're looking for a strong product and your workout last you 60-90 minutes then maybe you should give this a try, however it's not for me and I will probably never recommend this product to anyone or ever use it again. I have since found 3 product I prefer for my pre-workout with better value and delivering what I'm looking for in my pre-workout supplement.

Ingrediant profile as stated on container:

40 Servings Fruit Punch
Energy And Focus Complex
Caffeine Anhydrous 130mg
L-Theanine 50mg

Other Ingredients:
Glucose Polymers, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Calcium Carbonate, Acesulfame-Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red No. 40 Lake, FD&C Red No. 40.
    DanTheManski
      April 24, 2013

Oh Muscletech.. I didn't gain ridiculous types of strength, or pounds upon pounds on lean muscle. But I did have a few nice workouts with this.

Taste:

Blue Rasberry: 4/10

I hate all things Blue Raz flavored. I've never like it, never will. This wasn't bad by any means. But I did not enjoy drinking it. Very heavy on the stomach.

Fruit Punch: 8/10

Fruit Punch was much better than blue raz. Same heaviness on the stomach feeling, but I felt like I could actually drink this without having to hurl.

This product works. In a 3 scoop serving you get 8g of citrulline, 5g of creatine, 3.2g of beta alanine, and 200mg of quercetin along with 390mg of caffeine, etc..

Plenty of tingles, energy, and pumps.

BUT.. This stuff does a load on your stomach. In all seriousness, this is probably one of the best pre workouts on the market. But the fact that 3 scoops is 39g of powder, is just ridiculous. That's so much liquid to drink down and digest. Every time I did 3 scoops I felt like i was going to puke. During one incident, it took me almost 30 minutes to drink down the whole thing.

IF you can stomach it, the workouts were phenomenal. I always had great pumps, energy and strength. I felt great on this stuff. I really wish they could reduce to scoop size though. That's really what made this product crash for me at least.

This stuff is pretty overpriced. I bought mine on BB.com for BOGO free. I still ended up paying around $42 for 2 tubs. Thats 80 servings total, but, if you do decide to get the full clinical dose of everything. That cuts your servings down to about 26-27 sevings. By then, you'll be paying well over a dollar a servings even with the BOGO free.

If you can stomach this stuff. By all means, do it. I really liked this stuff. It's just a shame it's so much powder. Well deserved 7 for muscletech.

Till next time bishs.

DanTheManski
    • Fancy Packaging And Outrageous Claims
    • Couldn't Digest All The Powder
    mmafighter1
      August 25, 2012

Alright guys so i just finished a tub of this so i figure ill give my review.

Taste; 10/10
    MuscleTech nailed taste with this formula. I had fruit punch and i actually looked forward to drinking it, reminded me of drinking Kool-Aid as a kid.

Effectiveness; 9/10
    This is one of the very few pre workouts that actually gave me that "alpha male" feeling. I took the full 3 scoop dosage about a half hour before my workout and by the time i got to the gym doors i wanted to just start jumping all over the place i had so much energy. I have taken many pre workouts but this is the only one that gave me that feeling. The one workout that stood out to me was arm day. I figured with 8g of citrulline this better deliver the best pump ive ever gotten, sure enough it did. My arms were so tight i couldnt reach my headphones, i literally felt like my skin was about to rip.

As i said earlier the focus was amazing. I had the alpha male attitude and all i cared about was destroying the weights. Not even jack3d gave me that feeling.

Overall i highly recommend this product to somebody looking to take their workouts to the next level. The value is horrible if your doing the full 3 scoop dosage and can get really expensive paying 48 dollars for around 20 workouts. If price isnt a problem though youll love the new formulation. MuscleTech seems to be really stepping up to the plate and taking out the prop blends!
    UpandAway1
      August 9, 2012

Unlike most on this site, I am a huge fan of nanovapor. My uncle suggested it to me,so I bought a tub. My first time using this supplement was intense. I was able to throw up 20lbs more on my reping weight on bench press. I had extreme focus and had to make myself quit lifting. My energy level went through the roof. Like others, my first use was more intense then the rest,and if you don't work your butt off you will fill a comedown. But for those who are in the gym for a reson and take their lifting seriously, they don't have to worry about that. I had tride N.O.explode before and didn't feel a thing. The taste is different but you get used to it. I highly recommend this product.
    dntwakemeup
      August 8, 2012

Ok, I hate to be the guy to be unsupportive of a company or anyone but jesus, this is the worst product I have ever tried.

Muscle tech are masters at marketing so I was super excited to buy this because I saw all the big dawgs hitting it.

EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT on this was HORRIBLE! This decreased my performance substantially. I would be shaky, anxious, nausiated, and bloated within 15 minutes of taking it.

The only thing that muscle tech did a great job at is making an instant formula. This stuff kicks in within 2 minutes forsure.

Gotta give a thumbs down, I was a sucker to the best marketing on the planet!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fancy Packaging And Outrageous Claims
    BigBurns
    Rep: -17
      June 28, 2012

naNo Vapor has been completly redesigned and now packing way more of a punch! I recently tried out the fruit punch one and I was very impressed! Muscle tech is airing it all out there in the contents list and I don't blame them this is something to seriously brag about. 8 grams of citruline in this. If you don't know there have been studies showing that arginine just doesn't cut it any more and that citruline is the new thing. It brings up peak plasma levels much higher with proper dosages. Most products have half of what is in this. Another plus for this formula is the quercetin to help increase n.o. and help reduce the constriction. This is also a very powerful ingredient and I feel it is needed because your body likes to stay at homeostasis which means that it prevents the n.o. boost. 3.2 grams of beta alanine another good addition. 5 grams of creatine mono is good too because its the most studied creatine and it is proven to work. 390 grams of caffeine is intense but this is another proven addition that will help with focus and energy. Plus a few other ingredients that are powerful too.

That's the run down of the product with some science behind it to show how its going to power you through your work outs. When I took it I drank two scoops on the way to the gym and then sipped on one additional scoop while I was working out. The pump was intense on this product and energy was out of this world. Diffidently one of the strongest products out there I have tried. The ingredients list proves it. I powered through my work out with no crash after (a.m. training) I am very impressed with this!Only thing is I went through a tub pretty quick but it was worth it!
      GodofSerbia1
        April 16, 2012

I thought this site was all about giving the most detailed review possible and looking at all of the MuscleTech NaNO Vapor I was questioning the experts validity for giving such short reviews. THIS PRODUCT REALLY IS THAT BAD. I cannot even break it down and rate the pump, the energy, the taste, etc...

This product is extremely over priced, the serving sizes are way to big and make your stomach hurt, and you just get straight up dizzy from all of the stimulants.

I bought this product from GNC about three years ago when I was first really getting into pre-workouts. Such a rip off at about $45 a bottle.

I took the blue rasberry flavor and it taste like a chemical.

Literally just makes you feel bloated and dizzy.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT.

MUSCLETECH FIGURE IT OUT.

Fair and Honest,
      GodofSerbia1
        • Bloated Feeling
        BigArmRyan
          March 27, 2012

I bought a two pound tub (50 servings) for 38.99. The flavor was "Blue Rasberry Glacier"┬Ł. This was actually the first pre workout I have ever bought (first one I tried was Super-Pump 250). I fell for Muscle Tech's great marketing of graphs showing that I will gain 8 times more muscle. I also trusted the product because they have some big names (Phil Heath, Jay Cutler, and a bunch more).

Energy: 2/10
        The only reason I didn't give this a 1 is because it MIGHT be possible that there is a worse product out there, but this is by far the worst product I have ever encountered. I took a variation of between 1 and 3 scoop while completing my tub. The taste was pretty garbage but it would PLUMET my energy levels. I felt like dog **** every time I would take this product. I would get extremely shaky, jittery, and have even puked during a few extremely mild workouts. I am not one to complain but this product was so bad that I demanded my money back at the GNC that I bought it from. I puked a total of 5 times while taking this product.

Effectiveness 2/10
        Vomiting and terrible energy levels aside, there are a million ingredients in this proprietary blend. It is almost as if Muscle Tech thinks that we all will fall for the proprietary blend trick of writing every ingredient possible in miniscule amounts. I believe there are literally upwards of 60 ingredients, all underdosed. Regardless, I actually do have a buddy that enjoys this product so I'm not going to discredit that one person I know does like it. In my experience, it was a horrible, overpriced, nauseating product.
          • Mood Changes
          • Headache

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.