Home > Categories > Protein > Weight Gainers > MuscleTech > Mass-Tech > Reviews

Mass-Tech

By MuscleTech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Mass-Tech MuscleTech
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 14 Reviews)

Ranks #25 of 31 (better than 20%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

mmafighter1's Mass-Tech Review

Hey everyone so i finished up my tub of Mass-Tech and honestly i had good results from it.

-----------------Taste 9/10------------------
I saw that some people thought it tasted nasty. I actually enjoyed...

-----------------Taste 9/10------------------
I saw that some people thought it tasted nasty. I actually enjoyed the taste and i drank it with milk. I had the chocolate flavor and i thought it tasted like chocolate milk.
-------------mixability 8/10-----------------
I thought sometimes it was almost like pudding. It was really thick but what do you expect from a 5 scoop serving. I honestly didn't mind the thickness. One thing i did notice though is sometimes there would be white pellet looking things that wouldn't go away. It would only happen sometimes so i assume it was from me not shaking it good enough. Besides that i thought it mixed well for 5 scoops
------------Effectiveness 8/10---------------

I didnt see my brother for the duration of using this since i dont live at home and we live a half hour apart but when he saw me the first thing he said was, "wow you got big" I thought i was seeing noticeable size in my arms and chest but i always need a second opinion. I feel this worked like it said it would.

------------------Overall--------------------
I feel this is a solid product. It did what it claimed it would do but i didnt put on 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks like some people claim. I got decent results and i paid $25 since it was on clearance at my local GNC. I would recommend this product if you want to add mass. in my opinion you wont be disappointed

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tatses Really Good
  • Serving Size Too Much Scoops

I couldn't really tell if this one worked for me

I went through a 5 pound jug of this a couple of months ago. Currently over in Afghanistan on a tour, and i've been through a BUTTLOAD of different supps. I couldn't really tell if this one worked for me. I couldn't get any measurements, well because it's hard to come accross a tape measure in the middle of the desert. And the scales that we do have are very inaccurate. One thing i can compliment on is that i noticed my pecs grow a little bit in size. I have this problem where, although i do have a nice chest (not bragging), the upper portion of my pecs just do not seem to want to grow outwards. This product didn't seem to help with that. It did have a good taste, however. And gave me more energy after long days of work when i didn't feel like hittin the gym hard. Not sure though if that was just because of insufficient foods at the crappy dining facility. All in all though, 7's accross the board...

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tatses Really Good

Emery

Posted June 24, 2010
If you can bro, stay away from Muscletech products. To over priced and over hyped. Go for a solid company like Optimum Nutrition or Gaspari.

Good luck and stay safe brother!

Posted June 24, 2010
Its interesting you said that

Posted June 24, 2010
Sorry my little sister pushed the post reply button before i could finish....

What I was going to say was its interesting you said that your chest increased in size, as MT does make that claim could it be they're actually advertising correctly????

Anyways I found it interesting because a good buddy of mine swore by MASSTECH and I saw many a tub in his room, along with cell-tech and he was big and ripped. He had some of the best pecs I have ever seen, (no homo), and huge delts, and he said it was all Mass Tech, so interesting you had similar results.

Emery,
Some msucletech products is just crap and I agree with you with some of the MT products.
I've taken the following: Cell tech, Mass Tech, Leukic, and Nitro tech and they all worked fine with me. got some good gains but yea ON and BSN are really good products also.

jkfbgm

It works

Let me start off by saying the most important detail about this product...It works. I started off at 140 and am at 148 by the end of a 5lb tub. I started this and SciFits krealkalyn 1500 at the same time and it worked like a dream. Im not sure how much of my strength gains were by the krealkalyn or mass tech, but all of my excerises require more weight now. My bench has gone up 10lbs for example. The taste is good however there are a view downsides about mass tech. For one, the serving size. RIDICULOUS. 337g or around that which is 5 scoops. I did 3 scoops after a workout and 2 scoops before bed. I did use 5 scoops at one time during the day on nonworkout days. I would not recommend milk for this, way too thick to drink 16oz of it. I used water and actually thought it tasted better than milk and deffinitly not as thick. If used the recommended 5 scoops there are only 10 servings in the tub. And if used after a workout and before bed that means 5 days of use which is deffinitly not worth the price. But like I said before this stuff works great. I am a hardgainer and was giving up hope before this product. Will definitly buy again.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Mass
  • Tatses Really Good

inVINCEable's Mass-Tech Review

This was the first mass gainer I have taken so I have nothing to compare it against.

This 5lb tub contains 10 servings of 5 scoops per serving. 5 scoops is quite a bit of powder so make sure you use a blender or adequately-sized shaker. It takes about 16oz of liquid to mix, more if you don't like your shakes to be thick. If using a shaker, you'll be shaking that cup for a good 4-5 minutes. I used a shaker with a whisk ball.

If used with water, you'll consume about 860 calories and if used with milk, it'll be about 1100 calories. I used water because I found that half a quart of milk and 5 scoops of this stuff was hard on my stomach.

I got the chocolate flavor which tastes DELICIOUS especially if you stick it in the freezer for a few moments. I found that it is quite satiating, so much so that when I would take it at night, I'd wake up in the morning not feeling hungry until an hour or two later.

Over the course of this tub (about two weeks working out a minimum of 4 times per week), I gained 3.5 pounds. I went from 194 to almost 198. My arms went from 13.5" to 14.5" whearas my chest went from 42" to 43.5" with no real noticeable increase in fat. I stacked this with Neocore as my pre-workout, which contains 1000mg of creatine per scoop that might have also contributed to the increase in mass.

Overall, Mass Tech does what it promises to do. I would recommend it if you can afford to use it for a month to yield greater results. As for me, the biggest factor for me not continue the use of this product is the price tag. I purchased it from GNC when it was on sale and even then it equated to $5 per serving. Great otherwise.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Chocolate Tastes Really Really Good
  • Builds Mass

Posted October 20, 2011
I meant I stacked Mass Tech with Neurocore, not Neocore (typo).

loxa

Love it. Tastes amazing, though mixes a bit hard with a shaker

Love it. Tastes amazing, though mixes a bit hard with a shaker - but you can always use a blender instead and it'll mix just fine.
Gave me my first ever noticeable muscle mass 8 months ago when I used it.
I had combined it with Nutrabolics...
Gave me my first ever noticeable muscle mass 8 months ago when I used it.
I had combined it with Nutrabolics CEO and it gave me 10 pounds in 1 month. I'm not sure if it was 100% solid muscle though.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Chocolate Tastes Really Really Good
  • Builds Muscle Mass

Good stuff

samshed a tub of this in less than two weeks. good stuff though i gained 5 or 6 pounds by the end of the tub. good mass gainer for sure but like most mass gainers, there is very few servings per tub. 1000 calories per shake though!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tatses Really Good

I gained strength but no muscle difference

i did a complete cycle of this product. it was my first weight gainer. it was a really good purchase. i gained strength but no muscle deff. i gained some weight but not much. i recomend it

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tatses Really Good

cb

Helped me gain but was just way to expensive

it tasted good to me, helped me gain but was just waaayy to expensive
it tasted good to me, helped me gain but was just waaayy to expensive

SMB40
(-2)

I am getting very slow results

this is not a good product because most people complain about the 5 scoop serving to be too thick and use like 2 scoops i was taking the recommended servings and getting very slow result and using it for about 2 months and working out everyday of those 2 months i gained about 5 pounds and eating 5000 calories a day this is not a good product

Posted July 13, 2009
You're thirteen and taking a weight gainer? Your metabolism should be like a rocket right now so it would be hard to gain weight.

rippedbeast6's Mass-Tech Review

Respected all,
As ive become a fan of this company after using this product, you guys may understand what all iam gonna say!! lol. so here we go.....

----------Taste 10/10----------
Respected all,

----------Taste 10/10----------
this is THE best tasting product ive used till now. and i mean it. really! i have tried the strawberry flavour as it was the only one available. if you are the one who care about licking your tongue after you drink a supplement, this is the one you looking for. tastes same like milkshake in water(i wonder the taste in milk as i havent tried it yet!)
CHOCOLATE TASTES REAL GOOD!!

----------Mixability 9/10----------
This again takes an edge here. Awesome mix in water with hardly any foam. Its ok though.
gives you a thick solution which i personally like. no remains of the shake in the bottom of shaker, no chunks and best part is that you dont have to use one of those fancy looking shakers to mix it, the normal one does wonders too.

----------Effectiveness 9/10----------
My biceps was like 14.5inches when i started taking this, within one week it reached upto 15. YES I'AM SERIOUS... i did not even take as recomended by them. just 30gms b4 and after workout with eggs thats all. iam shure you guys calling me fake but i'am not faking.

----------Profile 7/10----------
descent profile there. good amount of BCAA's,
and protien to carbs ratio. less amount of creatine though which is a drawback. nothing special that will give you something extraa.

----------Overall 9/10----------
a good one. if you guys looking to gain muscle, lean mass with no significant gains in weight, this is THE BEST PRODUCT FOR YOU ALL. stack it with some other pre-workout if necessary for an extra push and this will work wonders.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Tatses Really Good
  • Builds Mass
  • Chocolate Tastes Really Really Good
  • Builds Muscle Mass
  • A Bit Pricy But Still Worth It
  • Serving Size Too Much Scoops