This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite

Hydroxycut Elite Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Hydroxycut Elite is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by MuscleTech. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

DEALS
COMPARE SIMILAR

JuiceHooter
  May 19, 2012

Hey guys. I know this won't seem like a totally in depth review, but after what I've gone through with this supplement the past few days; I felt the need to at least write something.

In short, BE EXTREMELY careful with this stuff if you decide to buy it.

I was lucky enough to get 10 free sample packs from a few orders and my friend's orders as well. He gave them to me since I was on a cutting cycle.

Now, to be fair, this stuff is a pretty good value if it works for you. Compared to the prices of oxyelite, and other top fat loss supps. That's about the only positive.

I feel like I should start by saying that I'm extremely resistant to stimulants. I've run Oxyelite, 6 weeks of EC, and multiple pre workouts that included the original "Crack in a can" 1MR when it contained 1,3 Dime. One sample packet of Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite contained 1 serving (2 pills) of which it is recommended you take 2 servings per day.

I popped two pills in the afternoon before lunch with my parents for the first time, expecting to hit the gym 2-3 hours later and eating a meal 60 minutes after the dosage. Within 30 minutes I felt a slight tightness in my cheat and a caffeine rush...nothing to be concerned about. Upon arriving at the restaurant and sitting down, an hour had passed. This is when everything went to total hell. I started sweating profusely and my heart rate when from normal resting to out of control fast. I counted it at 160+ bpm. Keep in mind this is with NO exercise at all. Almost immediately I felt I was not able to control my breathing, felt like puking and thought I was going to pass out. I used to get small panic attacks when I was a child and this resembled that x 100. I have NEVER felt scared for my health like I did on this stuff. I got up, attempted to walk it off (which helped a bit) and was fully expecting to get myself to a hospital if I didn't calm down. 6 hours later and my chest was still tight and I felt totally exhausted, like my body had just been put through the ringer.

Now, I know you guys don't want someone's opinion about a product unless they've tried it multiple times or run through a bottle. So here's the deal. Against my better judgement I chalked my first experience to not being adjusted to a new powerful supplement.

Wrong. The same thing happened again. Thank god I was at home this time and was able to just lay around and sleep it off.

Look. This may work for other people but please be careful with it. Everything affects everyone differently. Just thought I'd toss in my two cents as by far this was the worst feeling/experience I've ever had with any supplement out there.
  • Chest Pain
  • Trouble Breathing
  • Anxiety
  • Sweating
  • Cold Hands/feet
livetoday823
  September 3, 2014

I started my cutting program way late this year but have seen a drop of 3% in bodyfat (I use an hand held Omron) since June 10th. I took two thermos to compare, Hydroxycut & Grenade. I'll review Grenade's next week.

As with any thermogenic, they recommend you drink more H20 than usual. The irony that I could never get past was that you would be putting on water weight, giving rookie cutters the impression that nothing was happening. That certainly happen to me back when I first started using supplements (that and over-dosing to the point of jitters). I learn to measure bodyfat as a more true value of weight loss.

I moderate my carb intake during cutting but never go a real low carb route. I try to keep it under 100 grams daily. Now on to Hydroxy Hardcore Elite. Pretty straightforward thermogenic with popular weight loss ingredients.

Ingredients: 7/10
Caffeine at a higher end of 270mg (don't take it with your morning Starbucks), Green coffee extract, Yohimbe, L-Theanine and Coleus extract. They took out bitter orange from an earlier formulation. Nothing fancy here, just mainstream ingredients.

I did get the damn shakes from this if I opted for my serving in the morning with my Starbucks. I generally eat a really light breakfast of half serving of oatmeal or a pure protein/quest bar. Also noticed increased sweating, which means it's doing its job.

I bought it off bodybuilding.com, the 100 count caps. Now they recommend 2 caps per serving, so a bottle lasts you 50 days if you do one dosage. When you're doing hardcore cutting, up it to 2 doses a day 3 days out of the week. $26 for just over a month supply? Not great, not bad either.

Overall, you can't go wrong with Hydroxycut, I bet Muscletech sells tens of millions worth of this stuff every year.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Thermogenesis
  • Sweating
jos777
  April 20, 2013

So I started taking this supp when I began my cut. With a good diet and exercise a fat burner can just help to accelerate the process. I have tried Oxyelite pro and BSN hyper-shred in the past so that is the kind of bias my review might experience.

Taste: 10/10 its a pill, easy to down, easy dosing too. No nasty burps that I have experienced with products like Oxyelite pro or BSN hyper-shred.

Profile: 9/10 its got a lot of hyped ingredients which I haven't fully examined myself but classics like yohimbe and green coffee extract. The thing that really catches your eye is the 270mg of caffine per pill. Which a the dosing recommendation of 4 pills per day is almost 1200mg which is definitely much higher than other similar products.

Effectiveness 6/10 while I lost weight on this product I was also dieting and exercising like crazy so I'm not sure how great an effect this product had. One things for sure, the super-thermogenics it claims did not effect me at all. For the first 3 days I experienced a bit of cold sweating but beyond that nothing. The energy and the focus where there and that was great but seriously with that much caffeine its a given. I think I would have gotten the same effect if I had just drank a ton of coffee. I never experienced the side effects others had though like chest pain and what not.

Value: 7/10 this is why i decided to buy the product, it was really cheap on bb.com but was it worth it, not at all. I will next time cash out for something more expensive that I can feel the effects of.

On a side note if any of you are from Canada this product is listed as the number one product on supplementscanada.com and I think this must be just pure crap because I have never heard anyone recommend this product in the past or heard good reviews.
Anyways thats just a rant. If you are into getting some energy for a cheap price this is your product however if you are looking for a quality fat burner that does the job and makes you feel great this is definitely not it.

• Liked The Energy.
  • No Thermogenics Effect
kepakepacho
Rep: 0
  January 9, 2013

I am aware of the love hate relationship with muscletech, and I will admit to having been disappointed with their products in the last few years. I decided to try the "Latest and greatest" formula of Hydroxycut and was pleased at the energy I got from it.

Energy 8.5
I had a rush like when I was a DMAA virgin... I guess the new form of Yohimbe accounts for it, I did get some flushing, so if you are sensitive to this, watch out.

Focus 7.5
Good focus. Not the best I've had, but noticable.

Weight loss 6
I kept all my routines the same, and although I did lose 4lbs with one bottle, I did gain 1.5lb back within a week or so, leading me to think some of the loss was simple water weight.

Value 6
Paid $48 at local retail store, but you can now find it for $30 or so online... I like that they made the formula a 4xday (max dose) vs the old 6-9 pills of old Hydroxycut formulas.

Overall, I would buy again for the energy, I experienced no side effects, but it's not a beginners formula...
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Liked The Energy.