Hydroxycut Elite

By MuscleTech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Hydroxycut Elite MuscleTech
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 9 Reviews)

Ranks #42 of 81 (better than 49%)
in Weight Loss > Thermogenics
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

This may work for other people but please be careful with it

Hey guys. I know this won't seem like a totally in depth review, but after what I've gone through with this supplement the past few days; I felt the need to at least write something.

In short, BE EXTREMELY careful with this stuff if you decide to buy it.

I was lucky enough...

In short, BE EXTREMELY careful with this stuff if you decide to buy it.

I was lucky enough to get 10 free sample packs from a few orders and my friend's orders as well. He gave them to me since I was on a cutting cycle.

Now, to be fair, this stuff is a pretty good value if it works for you. Compared to the prices of oxyelite, and other top fat loss supps. That's about the only positive.

I feel like I should start by saying that I'm extremely resistant to stimulants. I've run Oxyelite, 6 weeks of EC, and multiple pre workouts that included the original "Crack in a can" 1MR when it contained 1,3 Dime. One sample packet of Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite contained 1 serving (2 pills) of which it is recommended you take 2 servings per day.

I popped two pills in the afternoon before lunch with my parents for the first time, expecting to hit the gym 2-3 hours later and eating a meal 60 minutes after the dosage. Within 30 minutes I felt a slight tightness in my cheat and a caffeine rush...nothing to be concerned about. Upon arriving at the restaurant and sitting down, an hour had passed. This is when everything went to total hell. I started sweating profusely and my heart rate when from normal resting to out of control fast. I counted it at 160+ bpm. Keep in mind this is with NO exercise at all. Almost immediately I felt I was not able to control my breathing, felt like puking and thought I was going to pass out. I used to get small panic attacks when I was a child and this resembled that x 100. I have NEVER felt scared for my health like I did on this stuff. I got up, attempted to walk it off (which helped a bit) and was fully expecting to get myself to a hospital if I didn't calm down. 6 hours later and my chest was still tight and I felt totally exhausted, like my body had just been put through the ringer.

Now, I know you guys don't want someone's opinion about a product unless they've tried it multiple times or run through a bottle. So here's the deal. Against my better judgement I chalked my first experience to not being adjusted to a new powerful supplement.

Wrong. The same thing happened again. Thank god I was at home this time and was able to just lay around and sleep it off.

Look. This may work for other people but please be careful with it. Everything affects everyone differently. Just thought I'd toss in my two cents as by far this was the worst feeling/experience I've ever had with any supplement out there.

Posted May 19, 2012
Duuuude you took 2 pills at once? TWO?! I can't imagine that ride you had.. I don't get any chest pain or trouble breathing. Slight headache from rapid heartbeat though. Cold sweat on a hot day, check. But it gets better. Its day three for me with one pill twice a day and I got a VERY nice rush of energy last time I took it with less noticeable side effects. So I'm gonna try and adapt to it before I dismiss it.

Decent tried and true thermo from one of the originals

I started my cutting program way late this year but have seen a drop of 3% in bodyfat (I use an hand held Omron) since June 10th. I took two thermos to compare, Hydroxycut & Grenade. I'll review Grenade's next week.

As with any thermogenic, they recommend you drink more H20 than usual. The...

As with any thermogenic, they recommend you drink more H20 than usual. The irony that I could never get past was that you would be putting on water weight, giving rookie cutters the impression that nothing was happening. That certainly happen to me back when I first started using supplements (that and over-dosing to the point of jitters). I learn to measure bodyfat as a more true value of weight loss.

I moderate my carb intake during cutting but never go a real low carb route. I try to keep it under 100 grams daily. Now on to Hydroxy Hardcore Elite. Pretty straightforward thermogenic with popular weight loss ingredients.

Ingredients: 7/10
Caffeine at a higher end of 270mg (don't take it with your morning Starbucks), Green coffee extract, Yohimbe, L-Theanine and Coleus extract. They took out bitter orange from an earlier formulation. Nothing fancy here, just mainstream ingredients.

I did get the damn shakes from this if I opted for my serving in the morning with my Starbucks. I generally eat a really light breakfast of half serving of oatmeal or a pure protein/quest bar. Also noticed increased sweating, which means it's doing its job.

I bought it off bodybuilding.com, the 100 count caps. Now they recommend 2 caps per serving, so a bottle lasts you 50 days if you do one dosage. When you're doing hardcore cutting, up it to 2 doses a day 3 days out of the week. $26 for just over a month supply? Not great, not bad either.

Overall, you can't go wrong with Hydroxycut, I bet Muscletech sells tens of millions worth of this stuff every year.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Thermogenesis
  • Sweating

Overall, I would buy again for the energy

I am aware of the love hate relationship with muscletech, and I will admit to having been disappointed with their products in the last few years. I decided to try the "Latest and greatest" formula of Hydroxycut and was pleased at the energy I got from it.

Energy 8.5
I had a rush...

Energy 8.5
I had a rush like when I was a DMAA virgin... I guess the new form of Yohimbe accounts for it, I did get some flushing, so if you are sensitive to this, watch out.

Focus 7.5
Good focus. Not the best I've had, but noticable.

Weight loss 6
I kept all my routines the same, and although I did lose 4lbs with one bottle, I did gain 1.5lb back within a week or so, leading me to think some of the loss was simple water weight.

Value 6
Paid $48 at local retail store, but you can now find it for $30 or so online... I like that they made the formula a 4xday (max dose) vs the old 6-9 pills of old Hydroxycut formulas.

Overall, I would buy again for the energy, I experienced no side effects, but it's not a beginners formula...

Pros:
Cons:
  • Liked The Energy.

while I lost weight on this product I was also dieting and exercising

So I started taking this supp when I began my cut. With a good diet and exercise a fat burner can just help to accelerate the process. I have tried Oxyelite pro and BSN hyper-shred in the past so that is the kind of bias my review might experience.

Taste: 10/10 its a pill, easy...

Taste: 10/10 its a pill, easy to down, easy dosing too. No nasty burps that I have experienced with products like Oxyelite pro or BSN hyper-shred.

Profile: 9/10 its got a lot of hyped ingredients which I haven't fully examined myself but classics like yohimbe and green coffee extract. The thing that really catches your eye is the 270mg of caffine per pill. Which a the dosing recommendation of 4 pills per day is almost 1200mg which is definitely much higher than other similar products.

Effectiveness 6/10 while I lost weight on this product I was also dieting and exercising like crazy so I'm not sure how great an effect this product had. One things for sure, the super-thermogenics it claims did not effect me at all. For the first 3 days I experienced a bit of cold sweating but beyond that nothing. The energy and the focus where there and that was great but seriously with that much caffeine its a given. I think I would have gotten the same effect if I had just drank a ton of coffee. I never experienced the side effects others had though like chest pain and what not.

Value: 7/10 this is why i decided to buy the product, it was really cheap on bb.com but was it worth it, not at all. I will next time cash out for something more expensive that I can feel the effects of.

On a side note if any of you are from Canada this product is listed as the number one product on supplementscanada.com and I think this must be just pure crap because I have never heard anyone recommend this product in the past or heard good reviews.
    Anyways thats just a rant. If you are into getting some energy for a cheap price this is your product however if you are looking for a quality fat burner that does the job and makes you feel great this is definitely not it.

Posted April 20, 2013
    270mg of caffeine is for 2 pills. So it's gonna be 540mg daily, not 1200mg.
    Still a high amount of caffeine!

No apatite suppress at all

First i like to say that i stop taking the product on end of second week as it make me feel sick and week, heavy crashesh, head crash, stomach and all what you can think about.

Ok, now for the review.

Ok, now for the review.

Taste : N/A
    it is a pill.

Energy:
    No at all! and there a negative effect! Your hurt is working hurder and even hurt a bit, yo feel week and sick. at a gym i finished my workout on half as i do not haved the energy and feel really bad.

effectiveness:
    I lost more kilos with just low calory diet before this product, and with it zero and i think i even gain some as i worked out less and eated more (feel bad and stayed at home).

apatite suppress:
    No apatite suppress at all.

Value:
    A bit expensive and money for poison.

I thing here you get the picture and no need to countinue the review. I just say, PLEASE AVOID this product at any cost!

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Bad Bad Bad!
      • Chest Pain
      • Trouble Breathing
      • Anxiety
      • Sweating
      • Cold Hands/feet

every time I take it, I feel horrible

I have been on this product for about 2 weeks now, and every time I take it, I feel horrible, I get the shakes, sweats, and sometimes headaches, the "new and improved" hydroxy cut elite is the same exact thing as the old formula, I am going to be returning this supplement, I would not recommend anyone to take this product

Pros:
      Cons:
        • Shakes
        • Chest Pain
        • Trouble Breathing
        • Anxiety
        • Sweating
        • Cold Hands/feet

this product made me sick and nauseous definitely buy with caution! Not very user friendly!

This product is nothing but a capsule of high powered stimulants that will speed up your CNS and most likely make you feel nauseous. I didn't make it throughout an entire bottle, I tried my best, wanted to get my moneys worth but it didn't happen. Definitly one of those over hyped and marketed supplements that DOESN'T deliver. If you want a stimulant capsule you might like this one (or just take 500 mgs of caffein and save yourself some money) LOL.

Wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, many better, healthier and more effective products available for weight loss, energy or whatever you use a thermogenic for.

Pros:
        Cons:
          • Chest Pain
          • Trouble Breathing
          • Anxiety
          • Sweating
          • Cold Hands/feet
          • No Hunger Supression
          • Shakes

Despite all the hate, a good product

Ok, we all know Muscletech made a bunch of mistakes, but I need to be honest: I liked this product (and ordered more stuff made by Muscletech). And I need to be more honest: I bought because it was a great sale: Buy one, get TWO free (yes, 3 for the price of 1!) from BB.com

It's not my...

It's not my 1st thermo (I reviewed some here already), but it's the first one from a brand without DMAA. I made my own thermo mixing some pills in the past, but it's more practical buying one.

I took it for 25 days, 1 full bottle. During this period I also took a 20 serv bottle of White Flood, and 20 serv of Astravar 2.0. Also whey, L-Carnitine, multivitamin and flaxseed oil.

Price: 10. Buy one, get 3. Nothing more to add here. That was the reason to buy it.

Profile: 8. Good amount, and no proprietary blends.

Pill size: 7. Ok. No aftertaste, no burps. They just smell funny, it's not a "rooty smell" like other thermos.

Energy: 7. I felt the energy every single day. Of course it was going down during this 25 days, but I could feel it. During 2-3 hours after taking it I could feel more alert.

Thermogenesis: 8,5. Here is where HC shines for me. I could feel my temperature going high. During exercices I was sweating a lot!

Hunger supressant: 5. My hunger was the same. I didn't had any sugar craving (only saturdays - cheat days), but my hunger was the same.

Effectiveness: 8. I had low expectations, but I got good results! Lost 8.5 pounds in 25 days (I will consider 2 pounds of water weight, so let's give it 6.5 pounds of real weight). Also lost some belly, chest and legs fat. I measured myself every week, could see the results! Also, I was lifting 6 times a week, doing HIIT 3 times and cardio the other 4 days, and dieting. HC was a good help!

Side effects: 2 (lower is better). A lot of peeing, but no crashing, no jitters, no headaches. Could feel a good and clean energy.

Recommend? Maybe. Paying full price it's not a good deal. A BOGO deal I should buy it again. I'll run another bottle later in the year or maybe next year, and will review again. Also, I think it's a good DMAA-free option.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Good Thermogenesis
          • A Lot Of Peeing

Hii
          You said that you were lifting 6 times a week, doing HIIT 3 times and cardio the other 4 days, and dieting.So please allow me to say that the product did nothing to you.You did a great job by yourself with this workout plan.

bisisisi,
          I was at a plateau, I was doing the same thing and the same diet and losing less than 2 pounds in a month. I need to say this stuff had a placebo effect, for sure. But it was a good help. And now I'm on the same schedule, hope I can get leaner without any thermo.

And thanks!!

Gkeezy

Posted July 11, 2013
          Clean energy really ? If Hydroxycut Hardcore did not make you feel like your heart was going to explode, you are doing it wrong.. this product is worthless

Posted July 11, 2013
          Well, it worked like a mild thermo for ME. I enjoyed it. But I need to say that I bought due the price!

FANCY MARKETING AND NO RESULTS!

I ran a cycle of this a few month or so ago and I followed the exact dosage. I started with 1 pill and then gradually worked up to 2 pills a day. I felt nothing at all from this product! I mean nothing! Zero, zilch! Absolutely a complete bummer and I bought two bottles! I got a headache and that was about it. I'm 190lbs and my target weight is 165 lean and cut. I've been at my target weight for almost my entire 20's. When I reached my 30's and got lazy due to moving, living out of hotels, eating fast food, drinking Starbucks, getting hitched and having kids I exploded to 190lbs of nothing but pure sickening fat in my stomach. I'm no newbie to supplements. I've started weight training at the age of 13 and taking pro hormones and weight gainer. Those idiots at GNC had a 13yr on pro hormones and weight gainer! Needless to say, I did get strong, lean and hard. But I worked hard at it and I train hard. I do a style of martial arts called: Pen-Jak and I've been training martial arts since I was 6yrs old! I currently hold a 4th degree black belt and that's where I retired at. My typical workout routine would consist of:

Mon: Martial Arts
          Tues: Weights/Strength
          Wed: Cardo
          Thurs: Martial Arts
          Fri: Recovery
          Sat: Martial Arts
          Sun Recovery

I trained like a maniac for 15yrs and finally decided it was time to take a break. Suddenly, I got fat and felt like a lazy piece of crap so I've started to train again. This time around I've learned that weight gainer is no thing to fool around with and it seriously caused my gastrointestinal tract to be all messed up for most of my life. I was constipated for weeks on end. I was sick all of the time and I never put it all together until a few years ago. Well duh genius! That's what happens when you take weight gainer at 13-15! So now I just eat good and I'm currently running a light cycle of pro hormones along with stacking a shredder slash thermo weight reducer in my regime. I've tried Oxy Pro elites, Dexatrims, Ephedrine, Illegal Stimulants, RoxyLean (junk), Fat Smacker, Green Tea Extract (laxative), and this Hydroxy Elite which leads me to conclude that so far I've found that I like the Fat Smacker by Purus Labs the best. I didn't get or achieve anything from this product. I think that this product is actually bunk! I honestly believe that with all of the hype surrounding weight loss supplements today it's basically just that HYPE. It's all about the money and these industries are raking it in! Well I could say in my opinion that I would feel more stimulation and achieve better results off of just drinking 3-4 cups of espresso per day rather than wasting money and buying this product again! Don't get fooled like me and do your research. This product isn't what it's made out to be!

Pros:
          Cons:
            • Did Absolutely Nothing
            • Bad Bad Bad!
            • No Thermogenics Effect
            • No Hunger Supression

Gkeezy

Posted July 13, 2013
            No thermogenic effect ? Do you know how much caffeine is in those 2 pills you took ? I don't believe this review amigo

Posted July 13, 2013
            No thermogenic effect homez. I'm an experienced user of high stimulants. My usual day consists of 4 shots of espresso aka (1 iced white chocolate mocha vinti from Star Starbucks with an extra shot to 2 shots) look it up this drink has double the caffeine these bunk pills have. I'd appreciate a positive + rather than a negative. Or I'm going to stop wasting my time on this site since so far it seems like I've spoken my mind and the truth about a lot of these garbage products and given my honest opinion but yet I'm baggered and ridiculed with negativity.