This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Cell-Tech

Cell-Tech Hardcore Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Cell-Tech Hardcore is a Creatine Blend manufactured by MuscleTech. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Cell-Tech
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

nbrink
  June 26, 2010

I have heard a lot bad abut muscle tech products so i was scared to try this. Saw nice gains in strength and weight. Gained 10lbs on bench max and 8lbs body mass, this was about consuming 2 2lb tubs in a month. I used as directed but iveheard you do not need this much creatine per day. They get you to take 10g in a day. Taste in very good. I got grape and it tasted like grape soda but that is do to the high sugar content. Overall i look a lot fuller and not a in a fat bloated way. I might ave added a smalll bit to my stomach. Also ive read reviews about stomach pains, i had no problems with that. but overall i recommend the.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Weight Gain
Franny
  February 28, 2012

This Product is Actually the Best Creatine Product that I Have tried. I Actually Have Used Many other Creatine Products and havent gotten Results close to what Celltech Delivers.

This Product is on The Pricey Side, But if you get a Deal online your in good luck. I got it at supplementwarehouse.com for 32$ for the 6.6lb and when it arrived it actually had 20% more free labeled on it so thats always good!

Profile: This does contain alot of Sugar, 75grams of Dextrose with a Blend of many different forms of Creatine and other growth factors.

I Have used this product many times and Each time I Try it I always change up My Diet to accomadate it into my Routine and hopefully My Body uptakes More of What I put into it.

I Actually use this during bulking season now and I Up My Daily Water intake alot more and also My Regular Carbs as well to help absorb more creatine into my muscles. Soon as I wake up I Drink the serving with about 2 bottles of water. and again right after my workout. Double dosing is reccomended for the first week as this is the loading stage. I also take my protein shake about 45min to an hour after i take this after my workout.

My Results: Were Amazing. I Really Felt My Muscles Take in Alot. My Recovery Time was cut in Half. My Lifts All went up By a Minimum of 10 lbs. While on my bulking routine I Did Gain a Little over 13 lbs after the first Month of Supplementing with this into my Routine. And surprisingly When I Ran out of celltech I only Lost 3 lbs, Ive Kept the Majority Of my Weight. And I wasnt Bloated. I Didnt feel uncomfortable at all.

Taste is Okay if you Like Really Sugary Tasting Sweetness. Im not a big fan of it but hey It Works. Mixing is easy as well. I also noticed I get Much Greater Pumps with this compared to N.O Products.

My Reccomendation: I found I Got the Greatest Results from this when Before I Started Taking this; For a Whole Month Before I would Limit my Daily Carbs to a Certain Minimum like 50 carbs per day. Or Lower. Barely Any Sugars in my diet. And also Boosted up my protein intake. After doing this for a whole month with No Cheat meals or days, My Body Became that Much More Sensitive to Insulin Spikes. So When I started taking Celltech My Body Utilized Much More of it. Most people I assume just Buy this and Take it right away and just assume theyre doing the best. Listen to your Body and Limit certain things that way when You Reintroduce it; Your Body will Thank You!

But Hey, Thats Just My Advice. Or You Could Do, Whatever The F**K You Wana Do!! Haha< (HodgeTwins)
  • Helps Recovery
  • Impressive Power
MK2022
Rep: -26
  July 26, 2010

This stuff is a real load of junk. Where do I start? First off Im not the guy who thinks that supps are magic potions that give you huge gains or anything, but this stuff apparently claims to be by saying things that are just plain outlandish. Now at its heart its Creatine and Creatine is Creatine, but what ***es me off is the price, the ingredients, the bloating and the lies. This stuff has WAY too much sugar in it and will probably give you diabetes if you manage to finish this tub of toxic waste. I know its meant to transport the creatine faster and what not, but they went way overboard almost like they want us to become ill. Maybe they have some kind of deal going on with the goverment health care system, IDK. Other problems were insane bloating, horrible taste(Yeah something loaded with sugar has bad taste. How ironic), Too many unknown ingredients(Could have high toxicity), Upset Stomach and just no positive effect on my stength, size or energy. Dont spend your hard earned money on this, no matter how convincing the fat dude at GNC is dont waste your money.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Gift For The One You Hate In Your Life
  • Water Retention
  • I Found That It Was Mostly Sugar In Each Serving!
  • Taste
  • Way Too Much Sugar
  • Very Dishonest
deeshmond
  June 22, 2012

USE
I took this product as a creatine supplement. As directed, I took 2 scoops in the morning and 2 scoops after I worked out for the first five days. For the rest of the container (20 more days), I took 2 scoops after my workout. My goal was to help increase my strength and size.

EFFECTIVENESS
This is actually a higher score than I thought I would give this product because there were many cons (which I will discuss). But, I have to admit that by the end of the container, I did notice some improvements in my strength and physique. But I think I would have experienced those same gains had I taken another creatine product and just added some carbs and BCAAs. I will say that it is more effective than taking nothing though so it has to get some marks for that.

MIXABILITY
It mixed decently. There was a bit of residue and there was definitely a syrupy texture to it"”not bad overall, though (but you know there's a problem when mixability gets the highest score in a supplement review).

TASTE/DRINKABILITY
I had the orange flavor. It tasted like a really sugary and syrupy version of McDonald's orange soda. I actually used to like their orange soda so I guess it gets a few marks for taste! The drinkability is where the problem is. Like I said it was really syrupy and that did not make it fun to drink, especially in the loading phase when you need to take it before breakfast first thing in the morning. And it made me feel so bloated that I could barely eat anything after that. It felt like someone just poured a bottle of syrup into my stomach. I tried having many different types of breakfasts (toast, bagel, eggs, protein shake/fruit smoothie) but I could barely get anything else in me. I had to wait at least an hour or two and I felt like I was rushing to get all my calories in each day. I thought it might be different after I worked out but the same thing happened"”I'd have to wait at least an hour before I could get anything else in me. It had plenty of carbs, which is good after exercise; but during that post-workout window, you NEED to be getting more protein in you than just the amino acids in this product. This product made it hard to do that.

SIDE EFFECTS
Definitely caused bloating"”worse than any other creatine product I've ever taken. I've even had thick, low-quality weight-gainers that were packed with fillers that sat in my stomach better than this product did. As mentioned, this made it very difficult to eat anything for awhile"”you need to eat plenty of quality calories to put on lean muscle so if you're taking something that's impeding your ability to do so, you're in trouble. So yes I experienced side effects"”both direct and indirect ones.

VALUE
As with all MuscleTech products I've ever taken"”or at least seen on the shelf"”it is ridiculously overpriced. I got the 6.6lb container for $60 and it only lasted just over three weeks. Now, let me say that I have no problem coughing over extra money if I'm buying a great product"”in my eyes, those types of purchases are worth it. But I have definitely taken creatine supplements for MUCH less that were just as, if not more, effective than Cell-Tech. It does have many other ingredients in it like dextrose and BCAAs. But you could buy these products separately, take them with your creatine, and STILL get more bang for your buck. I gave it a few marks because it is better than taking nothing (probably anyways!) so you're not getting completely ripped off. But the bottom line is this product is far too overpriced.

COMPARED TO OTHER PRODUCTS
Not your best bet! There are many other products that I would recommend taking before this one. Actually, I'd recommend any other creatine product before this one! There are just too many cons with this product. Try Purple K, Con-Cret, or even just plain creatine monohydrate"”you'll save money and get similar results especially if you take it with some of the other ingredients in Cell-Tech (again, I think you'll still get more bang for your buck doing it this way).

OVERALL
I was really disappointed with this product. I tried a few more MuscleTech products (I think I was probably a victim of hyped marketing) and did not like those either. I really think you are better to go with another creatine product. Just make sure you're taking your creatine with carbs, as studies suggest this is more effective than taking creatine on its own. Personally, I've tried a few different combinations and found that I get the best results when I mix my creatine with some sort of carb drink (e.g., I prefer Vitargo, but even just waxy maize or Gatorade is good) as well as BCAAs (Xtend is my favorite). If you want to give Cell-Tech a try, go ahead and hopefully for your sake (and money) you experience better results than I did"”but, personally, this would be one of the last products I would recommend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Builds Some Muscle
  • Stomach Pains With Morning Loading Dose
  • Upset Stomach
  • Taste
Highlow
  October 8, 2013

First off let me saying damn this thing makes you feel bloated.
The instructions says to take this after you workout but I have no idea how you are suppose to do that when this fills you up.
So I decided to take this during my work out.
First two weeks I took this I was in the bathroom more often and I farted a lot which my wife hated lol.

Value: 8/10 it was 55$ for a 6lb jug I think, I'm not to really sure about it, never bought another bottle after my first. On the labels they also tell you to preload for the first couple days too just to get your body adjusted. I felt like that was just marketing to get you to finish up your first bottle faster to buy another one. If you take that much creatine in your body in one day, you will just end up ***ing it out anyways.

Taste: 7/10 I got orange, it was pretty good, tasted exactly like a orange fanta. So basically a orange soda. It was really sweet because this was loaded with sugar, haha felt like I was going to become a diabetic after this. Felt like I was dehydrated after drinking this.

Mixabilty: 10/10 mixes really easy, no lumps or chunks, no left over creatine left in my shaker.

Effectiveness: 7/10 I did felt like I had some good pumps while I was on this. Had some really good energy. Put on some size mostly all water, my face swell up a little from the water intake.
Recovery is a lot better when I'm on this.

Overall: 7/10 I gave it a 7 just because this would make it would make you bloated, look bloated. If you are that type that likes a lot of water retention puffy looks I recommend this to you. I does give you pumps tho and some slight strength increases.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Alright Pump
  • Helps Recovery
  • Weight Gain
  • Builds Some Muscle
  • Bloated Stomach
  • Water Retention
ozgymstar
Rep: -14
  November 18, 2012

First off i would like to say after all the jokes about celltech i had to try this.

i got the 2kg tub and took 2 servings a day (as recommended) . i used this on my first bulk and i have to say within a week of taking this product my muscle glycogen filled up like crazy! maybe it was because my muscle was flat from dieting and losing weight but this filled me up with in 1 week.

the taste was great. i got fruit punch and loved it had it with my vanilla protein post workout.

side effects would include some water retention but it was not that bad.

i took this with just your basic protein and soon took it with the DMAA mesomorph.

the only downside of this product was that it was so expensive for like 25 servings. i did find ways through friends and store owners to get this product cheap. so it did not become a concern for me.

if i where to recommend this product to some one i would tell them not to take 2 scoops just take one and do it postworkout you will still get results. alot of these supplement company's claim you need to cycle certain products...this is creatine not steriods hahaha

over all good product if you have the money for it and you use it wisely.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Alright Pump
  • Weight Gain
  • Muscle Cell Volumiser
LUDWIGBEAST
  June 26, 2012

As you can already tell I was so generous in giving this product a whole 2!

*VALUE- Terrible, the 4lb tub is 20 servings and about 40$, or something around there. I got the 6lb tub for about 16$ so I thought hey why not give it a shot. Usually you get what you pay for right? Not with this product and Muscletech suggests you take 2 servings a day which will equal out to 10 servings every 4lb tub.

*TASTE- I had the Fruit Punch which on the label looks delicious, but don't be so quick to presume such a thing! The taste was terrible, you would think something that has as much sugar as a Coke-a-Cola would be delicious right? Nope, I took 1 scoop a day because 77g of sugar is outrageous. In conclusion, terrible taste.

*EFFECTIVENESS- It made me really bloated and that's about all it did for me. I couldn't even take it after week 3, I ended up giving it away because this product is just awful in every single way. And for MuscleTech to make such claims on a product that contains 77g of sugar is so dishonest to the hard working people is beyond my morals.

*INGREDIENT PROFILE- Sugar, Sugar, and did i mention Sugar? Per 2 scoops theres 77g of sugar and they want you to take it 2x a day! That's 154g of sugar a day, NOT including your daily diet. That's how you get diseases my friends and I wish that in conclusion someone would have took ill and proved muscletech for the spineless company they are and drove them out of business.

***STAY AWAY FROM MUSCLETECH.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Gift For The One You Hate In Your Life
  • Bloated Stomach
  • Taste
  • Way Too Much Sugar
  • Very Dishonest
JacobSeigel
Rep: 0
  June 4, 2011

Taste sucked, put on 20 pounds in 3 months. This stuff allowed me to get to the next level. i won state in powerlifting because of this. i went from a bench of 315 to a bench of 370 after a summer of taking this stuff. anybody knocking this stuff is either a hard gainer, or doesnt work out when they are on it and thinks its gonna do all the work. This stuff is supposed to Maximize results, not pave the road for ya. I gained 20 pounds of muscle with about 9 pounds water weight. im sitting at 405/545/545 at 220 at 19 years old, all unequipped.
  • Impressive Power
  • Taste
Andrewleo
  April 17, 2011

*note* highest rating i give is an 8

Ok well this is a very good creatine, let me start off with that. There are alot of things i liked about with a very short complaint list. For one, it was great for recovery, also there was a decent pump and awesome taste. Two problems, too much sugar, and occasionally hurt my stomach. Ill go into greater detail

Recovery- Recovery, or lack thereof with this product. I hardly could tell i lifted the day before when i drank this. Believe me, i know this difference between not being sore bc you didnt lift enough and a a product that works. this works

Pump- i have noticed in taking this that your muscles seem fuller. It is not an NO pump but something different. More like your muscles have expanded, not that they are bulging

Taste-awesome. Have had berry and lemon lime.

Recommendation- Yes this is a good product. Not my favorite, but its high on the list. Buy online is my only condition. Not worth the 60 bucks at GNC. Then again, most creatine is not
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Great Recovery
  • Alright Pump
  • I Found That It Was Mostly Sugar In Each Serving!
  • Stomach Pains
mhseaver670

January 9, 2011

I took this stuff when it first come to market.. which was a while back.. Not tried the HARDCORE version, but im guesing that there is no difference.
My bench went up 50 lbs I do remember that.
my size exploded.
pumps was awesome.
I didnt know anything about the sugar content at the time. But from what I understand it was to mimic the insulin factor in the body.???? I MAYBE WRONG?

cons...
after second tub of this stuff I started noticing bad back pain. ( kidney )
stomach problems and so on,
At time I thought it was just the whole
(new to creatine ) thing.
but it is a great product I would like to try it again ( IF I FIND A CHEAPER PRICE )
that is another major problem I have with most major companies. after they get well known for their product up goes the prices.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Great Recovery
  • Weight Gain
  • Kindey Pain