Cell-Tech Hardcore

By MuscleTech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Cell-Tech Hardcore MuscleTech
6.8/10
(Weighted average based on 89 Reviews)

Ranks #27 of 32 (better than 16%)
in Creatine > Blends
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

nbrink

Taste in very good

I have heard a lot bad abut muscle tech products so i was scared to try this. Saw nice gains in strength and weight. Gained 10lbs on bench max and 8lbs body mass, this was about consuming 2 2lb tubs in a month. I used as directed but iveheard you do not need this much creatine per day. They get you to take 10g in a day. Taste in very good. I got grape and it tasted like grape soda but that is do to the high sugar content. Overall i look a lot fuller and not a in a fat bloated way. I might ave added a smalll bit to my stomach. Also ive read reviews about stomach pains, i had no problems with that. but overall i recommend the.

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Weight Gain

Posted June 26, 2010
Do yourself a favor next time with this and do only half a serving at 5 grams of creatine after working out. Then, on your off days, do 5 grams when you wake up but don't take it before you go to bed though due to sugar and the 5 grams will be good enough to keep you pretty saturated with creatine. This should really extend the products serving amount.

Anyway, good review. I would suggest Kre-alkalyn for more bang for your buck and is pretty effective.

Posted June 26, 2010
Also, on bodybuilding.com has this product at buy 2 get one free. Check it out, it's a 100 bucks for 3 tubs.

nbrink

Posted June 26, 2010
Alright thanks yea ive always woundered about kre alkalyn thats what im going to try next i thinkhow long should i wait to try it i just finished the creatine on monday

Franny

Franny's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

This Product is Actually the Best Creatine Product that I Have tried. I Actually Have Used Many other Creatine Products and havent gotten Results close to what Celltech Delivers.

This Product is on The Pricey Side, But if you get a Deal online your in good luck. I got it at supplementwarehouse.com for 32$ for the 6.6lb and when it arrived it actually had 20% more free labeled on it so thats always good!

Profile: This does contain alot of Sugar, 75grams of Dextrose with a Blend of many different forms of Creatine and other growth factors.

I Have used this product many times and Each time I Try it I always change up My Diet to accomadate it into my Routine and hopefully My Body uptakes More of What I put into it.

I Actually use this during bulking season now and I Up My Daily Water intake alot more and also My Regular Carbs as well to help absorb more creatine into my muscles. Soon as I wake up I Drink the serving with about 2 bottles of water. and again right after my workout. Double dosing is reccomended for the first week as this is the loading stage. I also take my protein shake about 45min to an hour after i take this after my workout.

My Results: Were Amazing. I Really Felt My Muscles Take in Alot. My Recovery Time was cut in Half. My Lifts All went up By a Minimum of 10 lbs. While on my bulking routine I Did Gain a Little over 13 lbs after the first Month of Supplementing with this into my Routine. And surprisingly When I Ran out of celltech I only Lost 3 lbs, Ive Kept the Majority Of my Weight. And I wasnt Bloated. I Didnt feel uncomfortable at all.

Taste is Okay if you Like Really Sugary Tasting Sweetness. Im not a big fan of it but hey It Works. Mixing is easy as well. I also noticed I get Much Greater Pumps with this compared to N.O Products.

My Reccomendation: I found I Got the Greatest Results from this when Before I Started Taking this; For a Whole Month Before I would Limit my Daily Carbs to a Certain Minimum like 50 carbs per day. Or Lower. Barely Any Sugars in my diet. And also Boosted up my protein intake. After doing this for a whole month with No Cheat meals or days, My Body Became that Much More Sensitive to Insulin Spikes. So When I started taking Celltech My Body Utilized Much More of it. Most people I assume just Buy this and Take it right away and just assume theyre doing the best. Listen to your Body and Limit certain things that way when You Reintroduce it; Your Body will Thank You!

But Hey, Thats Just My Advice. Or You Could Do, Whatever The F**K You Wana Do!! Haha< (HodgeTwins)

Pros:
Cons:
  • Impressive Power
  • Weight Gain
  • Helps Recovery
  • Great Recovery

mempp9

Posted February 28, 2012
Nice review, man. Hodge Twins Nation!

This stuff is a real load of junk

This stuff is a real load of junk. Where do I start? First off Im not the guy who thinks that supps are magic potions that give you huge gains or anything, but this stuff apparently claims to be by saying things that are just plain outlandish. Now at its heart its Creatine and Creatine is Creatine, but what ***es me off is the price, the ingredients, the bloating and the lies. This stuff has WAY too much sugar in it and will probably give you diabetes if you manage to finish this tub of toxic waste. I know its meant to transport the creatine faster and what not, but they went way overboard almost like they want us to become ill. Maybe they have some kind of deal going on with the goverment health care system, IDK. Other problems were insane bloating, horrible taste(Yeah something loaded with sugar has bad taste. How ironic), Too many unknown ingredients(Could have high toxicity), Upset Stomach and just no positive effect on my stength, size or energy. Dont spend your hard earned money on this, no matter how convincing the fat dude at GNC is dont waste your money.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Gift For The One You Hate In Your Life
  • Very Dishonest
  • Water Retention
  • I Found That It Was Mostly Sugar In Each Serving!
  • Taste
  • Way Too Much Sugar

Posted July 26, 2010
once again muscletech strikes again with it's fillers and bs!

jthayer1

Posted July 26, 2010
Im sorry you had a bad experience but I hate to be the dude that'll actually support cell-tech. I dislike muscletech as much as the next guy and I hate the lies they print and the way they market. However, celltech is one of the few things they did okay with. Yes, the box lies as fas as saying that you'll take this and get ripped up. Yes there is to many unnecessary ingredients. The sugar and creatine paired together does serve a purpose. Insulin is the strongest hormone your body produces.. yes even stronger than testosterone. Sugar spikes insulin in the body which drives nutrients directly into the muscle. Why do you think half of america is overweight?? The slam a coke while eating mcdonalds.. insulin spike followed by fat! Now if you take cell-tech and have a relatively clean diet then you can see more quality gains.. yes you will get bloated and may gain some fat.. but you need fat to support new muscle gains. Now 75 grams of sugar is too much but then again muscletech is aiming at a 1-2 hour window of higher insulin levels.. It only takes 35 grams of sugar to successfully spike insulin levels for up to 45 minutes.. so half dose it and get better value. This is a product that you take and have to make sure your diet is SPOT ON! I can't stress enough that I dislike muscletech but they actually made celltech a good product. Good luck in the future man.

Posted July 26, 2010
Yes good old MuscleTech and Phil Heath when for Met-RX to the dark side MuscleTech.

Posted July 26, 2010
still they dont explain this and not to be an a-hole as Ive been seen as, you dont need fat to gain muscle. Total Pass on this I would recommend taking plain regular creatine pills or powder then having some fruit along side it to raise insulin levels. Yes the 35g raises insulin levels, but thats still alot to be having in one serving and certainly isnt healthy for anyone.

deeshmond's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

USE
I took this product as a creatine supplement. As directed, I took 2 scoops in the morning and 2 scoops after I worked out for the first five days. For the rest of the container (20 more days), I took 2 scoops after my workout. My goal was to help increase my strength and size.

USE

EFFECTIVENESS
This is actually a higher score than I thought I would give this product because there were many cons (which I will discuss). But, I have to admit that by the end of the container, I did notice some improvements in my strength and physique. But I think I would have experienced those same gains had I taken another creatine product and just added some carbs and BCAAs. I will say that it is more effective than taking nothing though so it has to get some marks for that.

MIXABILITY
It mixed decently. There was a bit of residue and there was definitely a syrupy texture to it"”not bad overall, though (but you know there's a problem when mixability gets the highest score in a supplement review).

TASTE/DRINKABILITY
I had the orange flavor. It tasted like a really sugary and syrupy version of McDonald's orange soda. I actually used to like their orange soda so I guess it gets a few marks for taste! The drinkability is where the problem is. Like I said it was really syrupy and that did not make it fun to drink, especially in the loading phase when you need to take it before breakfast first thing in the morning. And it made me feel so bloated that I could barely eat anything after that. It felt like someone just poured a bottle of syrup into my stomach. I tried having many different types of breakfasts (toast, bagel, eggs, protein shake/fruit smoothie) but I could barely get anything else in me. I had to wait at least an hour or two and I felt like I was rushing to get all my calories in each day. I thought it might be different after I worked out but the same thing happened"”I'd have to wait at least an hour before I could get anything else in me. It had plenty of carbs, which is good after exercise; but during that post-workout window, you NEED to be getting more protein in you than just the amino acids in this product. This product made it hard to do that.

SIDE EFFECTS
Definitely caused bloating"”worse than any other creatine product I've ever taken. I've even had thick, low-quality weight-gainers that were packed with fillers that sat in my stomach better than this product did. As mentioned, this made it very difficult to eat anything for awhile"”you need to eat plenty of quality calories to put on lean muscle so if you're taking something that's impeding your ability to do so, you're in trouble. So yes I experienced side effects"”both direct and indirect ones.

VALUE
As with all MuscleTech products I've ever taken"”or at least seen on the shelf"”it is ridiculously overpriced. I got the 6.6lb container for $60 and it only lasted just over three weeks. Now, let me say that I have no problem coughing over extra money if I'm buying a great product"”in my eyes, those types of purchases are worth it. But I have definitely taken creatine supplements for MUCH less that were just as, if not more, effective than Cell-Tech. It does have many other ingredients in it like dextrose and BCAAs. But you could buy these products separately, take them with your creatine, and STILL get more bang for your buck. I gave it a few marks because it is better than taking nothing (probably anyways!) so you're not getting completely ripped off. But the bottom line is this product is far too overpriced.

COMPARED TO OTHER PRODUCTS
Not your best bet! There are many other products that I would recommend taking before this one. Actually, I'd recommend any other creatine product before this one! There are just too many cons with this product. Try Purple K, Con-Cret, or even just plain creatine monohydrate"”you'll save money and get similar results especially if you take it with some of the other ingredients in Cell-Tech (again, I think you'll still get more bang for your buck doing it this way).

OVERALL
I was really disappointed with this product. I tried a few more MuscleTech products (I think I was probably a victim of hyped marketing) and did not like those either. I really think you are better to go with another creatine product. Just make sure you're taking your creatine with carbs, as studies suggest this is more effective than taking creatine on its own. Personally, I've tried a few different combinations and found that I get the best results when I mix my creatine with some sort of carb drink (e.g., I prefer Vitargo, but even just waxy maize or Gatorade is good) as well as BCAAs (Xtend is my favorite). If you want to give Cell-Tech a try, go ahead and hopefully for your sake (and money) you experience better results than I did"”but, personally, this would be one of the last products I would recommend.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Some Muscle
  • Stomach Pains With Morning Loading Dose
  • Upset Stomach

JacobSeigel's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

Taste sucked, put on 20 pounds in 3 months. This stuff allowed me to get to the next level. i won state in powerlifting because of this. i went from a bench of 315 to a bench of 370 after a summer of taking this stuff. anybody knocking this stuff is either a hard gainer, or doesnt work out when they are on it and thinks its gonna do all the work. This stuff is supposed to Maximize results, not pave the road for ya. I gained 20 pounds of muscle with about 9 pounds water weight. im sitting at 405/545/545 at 220 at 19 years old, all unequipped.

• Taste

It left me feeling very bloated in the stomach area

Mistake on my part by buying this product about a year ago when i was first began to use supps(those darn advertisments). Besides tasting good this did nothing good. It left me feeling very bloated in the stomach area.

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Bloated Stomach

x7600
(-1)

x7600's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

I tried Celltech hardcore when I got back to training after a 6 years stop. I trained first month with protein only, then on the 5th week I added Celltech hardcore. It helped to recover alot faster than usual, also was able to lift significantly more weight than the ones I started with. Its great for both increasing muscle size and losing fat

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Helps Recovery
  • Impressive Power

footballman5's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

i stacked this with Prime and overall it did wat i expected it to. i started at 207 and went to 212 but then lost almost all that weight once i finished the supplement. i did keep the strength gains and also did increase in size and got fuller. the drink it self it priced a lil high but not that bad and taste good for a supplement but it is very sugary and will make you feel bloated. for someone who is a beginner to weightlifting i would highly recommend this because it will give noticeable results without side effects at a good price

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Good Starter Sup
  • Bloated Stomach
  • Water Retention
  • I Found That It Was Mostly Sugar In Each Serving!

CWsweetness's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

This was my first supplement I have been on and it had amazing results..in the loading stage (first week) I literally gained 12lbs, water weight maybe..but my bench was up 20lbs. Good results from this product. I would strongly encourage it.

• Bloated Stomach
  • Taste

Mooselini

Posted May 10, 2011
12lbs in a week!!
damn i think you accidently
grabbed the container meant for Jay Cutler

Andrewleo's Cell-Tech Hardcore Review

*note* highest rating i give is an 8

*note* highest rating i give is an 8

Ok well this is a very good creatine, let me start off with that. There are alot of things i liked about with a very short complaint list. For one, it was great for recovery, also there was a decent pump and awesome taste. Two problems, too much sugar, and occasionally hurt my stomach. Ill go into greater detail

Recovery- Recovery, or lack thereof with this product. I hardly could tell i lifted the day before when i drank this. Believe me, i know this difference between not being sore bc you didnt lift enough and a a product that works. this works

Pump- i have noticed in taking this that your muscles seem fuller. It is not an NO pump but something different. More like your muscles have expanded, not that they are bulging

Taste-awesome. Have had berry and lemon lime.

Recommendation- Yes this is a good product. Not my favorite, but its high on the list. Buy online is my only condition. Not worth the 60 bucks at GNC. Then again, most creatine is not

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Great Recovery
  • Alright Pump
  • Stomach Pains
  • I Found That It Was Mostly Sugar In Each Serving!