AnoTest

By: MuscleTech

AnoTest is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by MuscleTech. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Does AnoTest work?
Diesel656
  November 9, 2012

AnoTest is the first product I have tried from the new MuscleTech Performance Series. I have long avoided MuscleTech products due to their price, their labeling and the reviews but after the revamp I was anxious to give their line a shot. So far, I am quite pleased.

Profile - 9/10

Total Carbohydrate 1g <1%*
Sugar 0g "
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 2mg 100%
Folic Acid 200mcg 50%
Vitamin B12 1mcg 17%
Zinc (As Zinc Gluconate) 7.5mg 50%
Testosterone-Boosting Complex
D-Aspartic Acid 1,560mg "
L-Carnitine Tartrate 1,466mg "
Supplying L-Carnitine 1,000mg "
Boron Citrate 100mg "
Supplying Boron 100mg "
Cortisol-Lowering And Recovery Complex
L-Glutamine 1,000mg "
L-Leucine 900mg "
L-Valine 375mg "
L-Isoleucine 375mg "

The profile on this product is very clean and the dose of every single ingredient clearly shown. In fact the compounds are even broken down showing how much of a certain ingredient or element they provide. This is a complete about face for MuscleTech and a huge step in the right direction. AnoTest is primarily a DAA supplement but there are additions of other ingredients that amplify the test boosting potential as well as a nice BCAA and glutamine blend.

The DAA is fully dosed (with two scoops) and is the backbone of this product. Tried and true, I wont beat a dead horse.

The L-Carnitine L-Tartate is a popular ingredient in a wide range of athletic supplements but its main purpose here is a relatively novel one. LCLT has shown in many studies to reduce muscle tissue damage in acute bouts of resistance training. With less muscle tissue damage there are more hormonal receptor cites available thus increasing an athlete's anabolic potential. The amount in AnoTest is at or above what most studies used.

The Boron Citrate is an interesting addition but not a new idea. Boron supplements used to be big in the 90s but died out before too long. It may be making a comeback though, as some new research is finding that boron dosed daily can increase free testosterone, reduce SHBG and reduce estradiol (a type of estrogen). Hence the estradiol lowering claim on the label. The dose used in the study was 11.6mg of boron so with two scoops you come close with 10mg.

Taste and Mixability - 8/10

I am not a huge fan of fruit punch flavors but this one was pretty good. It hid the flavor of the DAA well and the after taste was rather sweet instead of the usual sour.

It mixed well with the exception of some white particulates that were most likely the LCLT as I have the same problem with my bulk powder LCLT. The coloring also lingers in any shaker bottle - not a big issue but I am sure this stuff can stain.

Effectiveness - 8/10

As a 24 year old I am already producing plenty of testosterone. That being said, I believe AnoTest boosted it even higher though as I had not gotten blood tests it will be a purely anecdotal assessment. I began taking two scoops every morning on an empty stomach the same week I began my bulk and after my second week on cycle I noticed a difference in intensity, recovery and progression. Part of this was no doubt due to the fact I was off a cut and taking in twice as many calories but my alpha male mentality was in full swing and I was in the mind set where I wanted to kill weights. I was adding weight to my routines about 50% faster than I had on my previous bulk and my recovery was still relatively quick.

The only drawback was one I get from any and all DAA products. About thirty minutes to an hour after drinking this, I would be running to the bathroom.

Value - 5/10

This is where this product falters. I received this for free but online you can pick it up for $40-50 which means you are going to be paying at the very least $2 per serving at two scoops a serving. It's a great product but when you can pick up bulk DAA powder for such a better price it makes you wonder if the boron, LCLT, amino acids and some flavoring are worth it.

Overall - 8/10

I really liked this product and I imagine men older than myself would get even more out of it. The convenience, clean profile, good taste and obvious thought (ie well rounded) put into this product would put it on top if the price weren't dragging it down.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Bowel Issues
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.