Anabolic Halo

By: MuscleTech

goskie

I know to most people on here think that MuscleTech is the devil, but I used this product after a recommendation from my friend at the gym and I enjoyed it.
Very effective in recovery, I didn't feel sore at all after workouts or the next day. Saw nice slow consistent gains stacking with ON ProComplex, ProComplex Gainer, ON ZMA, 1 MR, Fish Oil, multi.
This product mixed very well, just threw it in a shaker and during my last exercise I would add water and shake it up during my 1-2 min rest between sets. I pound this at the gym and then drink the ProComplex on the way home.
I won't say I saw large mass gains with this product and claims of higher free test finding receptors seems a little far reaching, but I would use this again as a post recovery, and think of it as just that.
This allowed me to attack the gym 5-6 days a week and feel just as good everytime I walked in the door.
  • Tastes Great

I started hitting the gym a couple months ago and wanted to get something for recovery, so I asked a guy at GNC what could help with this. And of course reccomended a MuscleTech product as per usual, but I figured I would give it an honest shot.

Taste/Mixability:9
    This stuff tastes phenomenal! I have the orange and really like it, it mixes pretty good and is maybe a tad gritty.

Value:...

Taste/Mixability:9

Value: 6
    For how expensive it is, I think there is better products out there that a guy can look into. I think it was like $44 for 2.2lbs and at 3 scoops a serving it doesnt last very long, maybe 2 weeks!

Effectiveness:8
    I took this stuff as reccomended right after workouts and it was a very refreshing drink, it also aided in recovery, or at least it seemed to for me. But, I have to keep in mind I am also taking IsoMass Extreme Gainer which has a pretty goog glutamine content so it is tough for me to tell which is doing the most recovery work.

Overall:6.5
    Like I said, it tastes great but that shouldnt be the only reason you get a supp. It is pretty friggin expensive compared to other recovery products out there and doesnt last long. Also, they use alot of ridiculous sounding claims to make it sound really high tech and advanced as MuscleTech usually does. Has a huge amount of ingedients so I would think they are just throwing a bunch of stuff in there just hoping that it does something.
    So, at the end I must say that if you are looking to waste some money on a great tasting product then this is your supplement, but I would not recommend it just simply on a value and ingedient basis.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Recovery
    • Tastes Great

• swazz
        April 22, 2010

Also, forgot to add that this made me super sleepy so if you do your workouts early in the day this is something to keep in mind also. But, helped me sleep better so that is good for recovery as well.

I have been using Halo since I tired some samples I got through work at Powerhouse Gym, I love the cold fusion technology formula integrated into this product, as bodybuilder I always use products that give a distinctive edge. As a post workout supplement it really improves my Anabolic Pump and a hardcore workout, keeping my muscles full and pumped. I hat to hear its being discountined and replaced with AHPHS, not near the pump or feeling I get with the Original. This is the only problem I have with MT, they produce a kick ass formula and then downgrade into something less potent, why is this? So I have buying up what I can find left in stock.
      • Feel Great Next Day
        bristol

My training partners and I used halo for 2 months a few years ago because we were young and naive and tricked by a GNC salesman.

He actually said this: "Halo has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it... It will be banned soon."

Whatever.

Diarrhea
        Without a doubt and like CLOCK WORK I had to take an explosive dump 30 minutes after ingesting HALO.

Dehydration
        After gagging the HALO down, I felt drugged and sleepy, had to take noted MASSIVE dump, then became insanely dehydrated.

Taste
        Halo tastes...

Whatever.

Diarrhea

Dehydration

Taste
        Halo tastes awful. It made me literally gag, and I have a high tolerance for supplements at this point. The "cooling" mechanism is gross. It tastes like you are swallowing listerine.

Sleepy?
        After me and the 5 guys i used to train with built up to 3 scoops of this stuff, we would literally be falling asleep on the short bus ride back to our place. Then one by one we all started just feeling sick from this stuff (at 3 scoops).

Recovery
        Honestly this stuff makes Cell Mass look like a wonder drug. This did not help my recovery AT ALL compared to cell mass or size on. or even GNC grade creatine monohydrate.

Price
        60$ at GNC. Are you kidding me? What a joke. This was the product that made me turn my back on MuscleTech AND GNC.

So for any guys that are kind of new to working out like I was, and you venture into a GNC in bloomington, MN and a guy tries to tell you a product named HALO has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it.. Go spend your $60 at the grocery market or on gas.

This is the only product that has made me: fall asleep, throw up and have diarrhea withing 30 minutes of ingesting it.

Pros:
         Cons:
        • None Really

• joshblue32
            July 19, 2010

I thought about getting this..but cell mass has been decent but i need to gain at least 20 pounds
          • irr26
            (-11)
            July 19, 2010

Amen to this review, muscletech blows haha i swear those gnc salesman they r something else eh?

This had me flat out trippin balls on energy! I was wired twenty four seve. Only drawback to that was the fact that at 2 am I was staring at the walls unable to sleep. Saw some quick gains from it. You can really tell the gains in strenght right away. Only bad thing is its like any other MuscleTech product and has about 50 ingredients so you have no idea what actually is doing it for you. I got it from GNC for 41.97 because its being discontinued. Expensive but not terible. I would see if your local store has the old one or if you can find it anywhere because the Pro Series is no where near as strong as this. I will admit it did make me feel like I had the flu or something the first two or three days other than that not bad at all. I would sugest not taking it if you work out any later than 2 pm if you dont do caffeine well. Taste I thought wasnt near as bad as others said. I had artic punch and if felt about like drinking fruit punch Kool-Aid mixed with Listerine strips but wasn't really gross. Kinda cool really. Overall this wasn't a bad product at all.
          • Tastes Great

Listen up, if you are tight on money, then dont buy something with a $60 price tag on it. this isnt a forum on how much money management. This is a good product. I have been using it for a little more than 2 weeks now and I can see gains in my chest and arms. Stacking with Creakic, 1.M.R., and Myoplex shakes. This stuff is crucial for muscle recover. I am doing 2 hours of really heavy weightlifting and reaching muscle failure every day and this stuff blow the pain out of the water. If you dont want to spend money on quality stuff, go buy some cheap sh*t and write about how it sucks

• beastmode7
                May 26, 2010

Ok if you think muscle tech is quality then you have sadly mistaken my friend. wouldnt pay 2 dollars for this...
              • MMATE

^^^this. . .
              • ericthered17

Well said beastmode
              • swazz
                May 26, 2010

Halo is the only Muscletech product I would ever consider buying again. I have used it, it was good for recovery, but there are better products out there as far as VALUE is concerned. (Bang for your Buck)
              • Manimal
                May 26, 2010

I agree with you fellas. Muscletech rips people for their money on a daily basis by selling placebos and fancy lables. Altho my brother took halo and he put on some nice size and kept it. I have heard that halo is one of the very few supplements by them that does anything.. But like swazz said, there is wayyy better post workout supplements for the price you pay. Universal Torrent, Myogenix After-Shock, and MHP Dark Matter all surpass halo and are much cheaper.
              • kcitykid
                May 27, 2010

Someone should tell muscle tech that if they spent half the money on making the product that they do advertising it then we might actually put money their way... maybe. Probably not.
              • SoulMonkey
                May 27, 2010

One of the biggest mistakes on this is that DIET AND REST is crucial for recovery. This is just a tack on to those two.
              • BIGD321
                May 27, 2010

Creakic, 1.M.R. and Ababolic Halo all contain creatine. Taking all 3 of these products at the same time equates to taking 3 times as much creatine as your body needs. This is really bad for the kidneys and other internal organs. Plus, if you take to much creatine without taking a long enough break, your body will become immune to the creatine. This means that the effects of the creatine will no longer exist. Blood clots could also occur from overusing creatine.
              • joshburch20
                May 27, 2010

This really is true. nothing that works very well is cheap. period. 60 is expensive but not when your getting 40 servings as that is as expensive as anything else like it (USPLabs Prime for example) I just started it today and the taste wasnt bad. Not great but not bad.

This is the first and last MT product I will ever try. A friend let me have some for about 2 weeks and honestly, it didn't do jack sh_t. I actually felt weaker and even more sore for the next few days. Taste and texture was horrible and I literally had to gag it down. You do get that cooling sensation in your throat which isn't that big of a deal. Save your money and buy something else. I know cannot speculate MT's "kitchen sink" approach to their supplements.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • None Really

• indeelifter
                  (-1)
                  January 25, 2010

I dont know how the results can differ that much, i found that it incresed my strength but you wont make eny fast sze gains
                • BIgDan
                  (0)
                  January 25, 2010

A product only reaches its full potential when you cycle it correctly, and lift heavy with plenty of protein, 2 weeks isnt enough time for rapid results.
                  You might have felt "weaker" because of the melatonin that is in this product, its makes you sleepy. Just sayin boss

I can't believe I took a MuscleTech product, but I got this for free so I shouldnt really complain. I had the arctic berry which tasted pretty decent. I took it immediately after working out. Within my 1st week of taking it, I put on 4 lbs of muscle which was pretty astonishing considering it was a MT product. My arms went from 15 1/4 to 15/ 5/8. And I weighed in at 179 at the end of the month. (was at 172 when I started).

I was lifting heavy that month, so that can partially explain for the gains. My diet was the same. High protein, moderate carbs, low in fats. For the side effects, I did feel sleepy after taking this and I did have increased irritability as well.

I usually don't recommend taking MuscleTech, but this one works fairly well if you can get it cheap. Hope this review helps! Cheers
                • Builds Lean Muscle

Attempted to use this product several times, as i said before, ATTEMPTED, it didnt feel like it was working and every time i used it the abdoninal pain was present, i crapped liquid, felt cheated out of my money, no good came of it, my wallet did loose alot of weight though.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • None Really

Save your money!!! This product does not work! I am on my second tub and I am giving away the rest. Anabolic Halo is a placebo. Great job Muscle Tech for another ream in the A*S and wasting our money and time.
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Doesnt Work
                    • Placebo
                    • Dehydration

• Fusion12
                      November 6, 2009

Agree waste of your time in my opinion.
                    • JackedElf
                      November 6, 2009

Man... if you bought at GNC go return that thing. No questions asked!

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.