Anabolic Halo

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

6.6
10 11

Ranks #29 of 32 (better than 10%) in
Creatine > Blends

Anabolic Halo is a Creatine Blend manufactured by MuscleTech. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
COMPARE SIMILAR

goskie
  July 13, 2010

I know to most people on here think that MuscleTech is the devil, but I used this product after a recommendation from my friend at the gym and I enjoyed it.
Very effective in recovery, I didn't feel sore at all after workouts or the next day. Saw nice slow consistent gains stacking with ON ProComplex, ProComplex Gainer, ON ZMA, 1 MR, Fish Oil, multi.
This product mixed very well, just threw it in a shaker and during my last exercise I would add water and shake it up during my 1-2 min rest between sets. I pound this at the gym and then drink the ProComplex on the way home.
I won't say I saw large mass gains with this product and claims of higher free test finding receptors seems a little far reaching, but I would use this again as a post recovery, and think of it as just that.
This allowed me to attack the gym 5-6 days a week and feel just as good everytime I walked in the door.
swazz
  April 22, 2010

I started hitting the gym a couple months ago and wanted to get something for recovery, so I asked a guy at GNC what could help with this. And of course reccomended a MuscleTech product as per usual, but I figured I would give it an honest shot.

Taste/Mixability:9
This stuff tastes phenomenal! I have the orange and really like it, it mixes pretty good and is maybe a tad gritty.

Value: 6
For how expensive it is, I think there is better products out there that a guy can look into. I think it was like $44 for 2.2lbs and at 3 scoops a serving it doesnt last very long, maybe 2 weeks!

Effectiveness:8
I took this stuff as reccomended right after workouts and it was a very refreshing drink, it also aided in recovery, or at least it seemed to for me. But, I have to keep in mind I am also taking IsoMass Extreme Gainer which has a pretty goog glutamine content so it is tough for me to tell which is doing the most recovery work.

Overall:6.5
Like I said, it tastes great but that shouldnt be the only reason you get a supp. It is pretty friggin expensive compared to other recovery products out there and doesnt last long. Also, they use alot of ridiculous sounding claims to make it sound really high tech and advanced as MuscleTech usually does. Has a huge amount of ingedients so I would think they are just throwing a bunch of stuff in there just hoping that it does something.
So, at the end I must say that if you are looking to waste some money on a great tasting product then this is your supplement, but I would not recommend it just simply on a value and ingedient basis.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Helps Recovery

• swazz
    April 22, 2010

Also, forgot to add that this made me super sleepy so if you do your workouts early in the day this is something to keep in mind also. But, helped me sleep better so that is good for recovery as well.
Superkutt
  February 11, 2011

I have been using Halo since I tired some samples I got through work at Powerhouse Gym, I love the cold fusion technology formula integrated into this product, as bodybuilder I always use products that give a distinctive edge. As a post workout supplement it really improves my Anabolic Pump and a hardcore workout, keeping my muscles full and pumped. I hat to hear its being discountined and replaced with AHPHS, not near the pump or feeling I get with the Original. This is the only problem I have with MT, they produce a kick ass formula and then downgrade into something less potent, why is this? So I have buying up what I can find left in stock.
  • Feel Great Next Day
bristol
  July 19, 2010

My training partners and I used halo for 2 months a few years ago because we were young and naive and tricked by a GNC salesman.

He actually said this: "Halo has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it... It will be banned soon."

Whatever.

Diarrhea
Without a doubt and like CLOCK WORK I had to take an explosive dump 30 minutes after ingesting HALO.

Dehydration
After gagging the HALO down, I felt drugged and sleepy, had to take noted MASSIVE dump, then became insanely dehydrated.

Taste
Halo tastes awful. It made me literally gag, and I have a high tolerance for supplements at this point. The "cooling" mechanism is gross. It tastes like you are swallowing listerine.

Sleepy?
After me and the 5 guys i used to train with built up to 3 scoops of this stuff, we would literally be falling asleep on the short bus ride back to our place. Then one by one we all started just feeling sick from this stuff (at 3 scoops).

Recovery
Honestly this stuff makes Cell Mass look like a wonder drug. This did not help my recovery AT ALL compared to cell mass or size on. or even GNC grade creatine monohydrate.

Price
60$ at GNC. Are you kidding me? What a joke. This was the product that made me turn my back on MuscleTech AND GNC.

So for any guys that are kind of new to working out like I was, and you venture into a GNC in bloomington, MN and a guy tries to tell you a product named HALO has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it.. Go spend your $60 at the grocery market or on gas.

This is the only product that has made me: fall asleep, throw up and have diarrhea withing 30 minutes of ingesting it.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Really
  • Its More Of A Laxative
  • Side Effects
  • Taste Bad

• joshblue32
    July 19, 2010

I thought about getting this..but cell mass has been decent but i need to gain at least 20 pounds
  • irr26
    Rep: -36
    July 19, 2010

Amen to this review, muscletech blows haha i swear those gnc salesman they r something else eh?
joshburch20
  November 10, 2010

This had me flat out trippin balls on energy! I was wired twenty four seve. Only drawback to that was the fact that at 2 am I was staring at the walls unable to sleep. Saw some quick gains from it. You can really tell the gains in strenght right away. Only bad thing is its like any other MuscleTech product and has about 50 ingredients so you have no idea what actually is doing it for you. I got it from GNC for 41.97 because its being discontinued. Expensive but not terible. I would see if your local store has the old one or if you can find it anywhere because the Pro Series is no where near as strong as this. I will admit it did make me feel like I had the flu or something the first two or three days other than that not bad at all. I would sugest not taking it if you work out any later than 2 pm if you dont do caffeine well. Taste I thought wasnt near as bad as others said. I had artic punch and if felt about like drinking fruit punch Kool-Aid mixed with Listerine strips but wasn't really gross. Kinda cool really. Overall this wasn't a bad product at all.
regretsnavy
  May 26, 2010

Listen up, if you are tight on money, then dont buy something with a $60 price tag on it. this isnt a forum on how much money management. This is a good product. I have been using it for a little more than 2 weeks now and I can see gains in my chest and arms. Stacking with Creakic, 1.M.R., and Myoplex shakes. This stuff is crucial for muscle recover. I am doing 2 hours of really heavy weightlifting and reaching muscle failure every day and this stuff blow the pain out of the water. If you dont want to spend money on quality stuff, go buy some cheap sh*t and write about how it sucks

• beastmode7
    May 26, 2010

Ok if you think muscle tech is quality then you have sadly mistaken my friend. wouldnt pay 2 dollars for this...
  • MMATE

^^^this. . .
  • ericthered17

Well said beastmode
  • swazz
    May 26, 2010

Halo is the only Muscletech product I would ever consider buying again. I have used it, it was good for recovery, but there are better products out there as far as VALUE is concerned. (Bang for your Buck)
  • Manimal
    May 26, 2010

I agree with you fellas. Muscletech rips people for their money on a daily basis by selling placebos and fancy lables. Altho my brother took halo and he put on some nice size and kept it. I have heard that halo is one of the very few supplements by them that does anything.. But like swazz said, there is wayyy better post workout supplements for the price you pay. Universal Torrent, Myogenix After-Shock, and MHP Dark Matter all surpass halo and are much cheaper.
  • kcitykid
    May 27, 2010

Someone should tell muscle tech that if they spent half the money on making the product that they do advertising it then we might actually put money their way... maybe. Probably not.
  • SoulMonkey
    May 27, 2010

One of the biggest mistakes on this is that DIET AND REST is crucial for recovery. This is just a tack on to those two.
  • BIGD321
    May 27, 2010

Creakic, 1.M.R. and Ababolic Halo all contain creatine. Taking all 3 of these products at the same time equates to taking 3 times as much creatine as your body needs. This is really bad for the kidneys and other internal organs. Plus, if you take to much creatine without taking a long enough break, your body will become immune to the creatine. This means that the effects of the creatine will no longer exist. Blood clots could also occur from overusing creatine.
  • joshburch20
    May 27, 2010

This really is true. nothing that works very well is cheap. period. 60 is expensive but not when your getting 40 servings as that is as expensive as anything else like it (USPLabs Prime for example) I just started it today and the taste wasnt bad. Not great but not bad.
gridironwec
  January 25, 2010

This is the first and last MT product I will ever try. A friend let me have some for about 2 weeks and honestly, it didn't do jack sh_t. I actually felt weaker and even more sore for the next few days. Taste and texture was horrible and I literally had to gag it down. You do get that cooling sensation in your throat which isn't that big of a deal. Save your money and buy something else. I know cannot speculate MT's "kitchen sink" approach to their supplements.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Really

• indeelifter
    Rep: -1
    January 25, 2010

I dont know how the results can differ that much, i found that it incresed my strength but you wont make eny fast sze gains
  • BIgDan
    Rep: -6
    January 25, 2010

A product only reaches its full potential when you cycle it correctly, and lift heavy with plenty of protein, 2 weeks isnt enough time for rapid results.
    You might have felt "weaker" because of the melatonin that is in this product, its makes you sleepy. Just sayin boss
IZIK
  January 8, 2010

this stuff has recently made me feel like barfing everytime i take it, i do my workout and take 2 scoops of halo then 2 scoops of nitro tech with 8oz of water each and it makes me feel bloated a feeling i did not have when taking nitro tech alone, not just that but i feel fartsy and my poop is way softer i noticed recovery is a bit better but i havent noticed much in the strength department so far not such a hot product, and it leaves a cold feeling in the bottom of my stomach that makes me feel like throwing up
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Really
  • Its More Of A Laxative

• indeelifter
    Rep: -1
    January 8, 2010

Hey dude i dont mean to tall you what to do but nitro tech sucks as a protine if you really break it down there is not a whole lot in it you would be much better buying GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 you get more protine nd lucine in one serving and its cheeper
  • OptimumPump
    January 8, 2010

Hey I recommend to just stop taking Muscle Tech products period. All of their supps are garbage and barely work, they spend all their money makin ads and getting endorsements and none on actual research or quality ingredients. I suggest you go with Optimum Nutrition's supps or hell even GNC's amp line of products just stop wasting all of your money on Muscle Tech.
Spdgreddy86
  November 9, 2009

I tried one tub of Anabolic Halo with ProComplex Whey powder for 16 workout days over about a months time. I did not use either supps on Non-workout days. Heres my experience. Increased stanima, I felt no "burning" sensation due to high reps. I averaged 1-2 more reps in each set. at the end of the 16 days I gained 5.lbs. I experience minimal soreness throughout the whole month. however on the downside I did Feel more irratable than usual. and also would get light-headed and sleepy 15-20 minuts after drinking the Anabolic Halo. as far as the taste..im not too picky. one has to keep in mind you are drinking a chemical substance meant to stimulate your workout, not a fine wine or other such drink. over all I rated this product a 6 because it did help me achive more reps than usual which allowed me to tear/re-pair more muscle, and also because the product was a little on the expensive side and i could have done without the fatigue at after consumption. For anyone curious about the product... ID say give it a shot, you never know till you find out. however if its any consolation I doubt I will be buying this product again. I personally wouldnt reccomend it when there is probly better products out there.

• cutler88
    Rep: -8
    November 9, 2009

You need to take your supps even on the off days. It should be treated like food. You eat everyday and take your supps everyday.
  • BIGD321
    November 9, 2009

Absolutely DO NOT take this product every day. This is a strong combo chemicals meant to repair your body after working out. If you take it everyday, your body will become immune to the effects of the product. You took the product the correct way. Anabolic Halo is nothing more than a post workout creatine mix. The advertisements about how it helps your body link testosterone to the muscles is a bunch of crap. They make up fake BS and put it in the ad so that you pay more for their product.
  • taysab23
    November 9, 2009

Yeah i agree with the hot lookin girl...
SOLiDSHAKE
  July 21, 2009

Never been too big on these kinda supplements, but my buddy tried it and was raving about it's wonders incessantly, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Been using it for about a month.
Practically had to take out a second mortgage to buy this stuff. Muscletech seems notorious for such prices.
I can say, without a doubt, one of the most unsual smelling substances I have ever encountered. Odor is somewhat offensive to the senses. Flavor is nothing to write home about, except the weird coughdrop-like 'chilling' effect, which appears to be this supplement's selling gimmick.
Noticed no gains in strength, or at least none that don't normally accompany a harder workout. Made signifigant gains in size...
...on my love handles, which weren't there before I started using this pricey menthol Kool-aid. Holy water-weight Batman...
Overall, it appears Muscletech's overpriced placebos have claimed yet another victim. I've only been using it for the past few weeks because I spent to goddamn much on the stuff to throw the rest of it out in good conscience.
If you happened to buy this product by accident, I reccomend placing it on your coffee table and leaving it there as a centerpiece. The neon-shiny packaging makes an excellent conversation piece. Other than that this crap is useless.

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.