Anabolic Halo

By: MuscleTech

Anabolic Halo is a Creatine Blend manufactured by MuscleTech. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Does Anabolic Halo work?
goskie
  July 13, 2010

I know to most people on here think that MuscleTech is the devil, but I used this product after a recommendation from my friend at the gym and I enjoyed it.
Very effective in recovery, I didn't feel sore at all after workouts or the next day. Saw nice slow consistent gains stacking with ON ProComplex, ProComplex Gainer, ON ZMA, 1 MR, Fish Oil, multi.
This product mixed very well, just threw it in a shaker and during my last exercise I would add water and shake it up during my 1-2 min rest between sets. I pound this at the gym and then drink the ProComplex on the way home.
I won't say I saw large mass gains with this product and claims of higher free test finding receptors seems a little far reaching, but I would use this again as a post recovery, and think of it as just that.
This allowed me to attack the gym 5-6 days a week and feel just as good everytime I walked in the door.
  • Tastes Great

I started hitting the gym a couple months ago and wanted to get something for recovery, so I asked a guy at GNC what could help with this. And of course reccomended a MuscleTech product as per usual, but I figured I would give it an honest shot.

Taste/Mixability:9
This stuff tastes phenomenal! I have the orange and really like it, it mixes pretty good and is maybe a tad gritty.

Value:...

Taste/Mixability:9

Value: 6
For how expensive it is, I think there is better products out there that a guy can look into. I think it was like $44 for 2.2lbs and at 3 scoops a serving it doesnt last very long, maybe 2 weeks!

Effectiveness:8
I took this stuff as reccomended right after workouts and it was a very refreshing drink, it also aided in recovery, or at least it seemed to for me. But, I have to keep in mind I am also taking IsoMass Extreme Gainer which has a pretty goog glutamine content so it is tough for me to tell which is doing the most recovery work.

Overall:6.5
Like I said, it tastes great but that shouldnt be the only reason you get a supp. It is pretty friggin expensive compared to other recovery products out there and doesnt last long. Also, they use alot of ridiculous sounding claims to make it sound really high tech and advanced as MuscleTech usually does. Has a huge amount of ingedients so I would think they are just throwing a bunch of stuff in there just hoping that it does something.
So, at the end I must say that if you are looking to waste some money on a great tasting product then this is your supplement, but I would not recommend it just simply on a value and ingedient basis.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Helps Recovery

I have been using Halo since I tired some samples I got through work at Powerhouse Gym, I love the cold fusion technology formula integrated into this product, as bodybuilder I always use products that give a distinctive edge. As a post workout supplement it really improves my Anabolic Pump and a hardcore workout, keeping my muscles full and pumped. I hat to hear its being discountined and replaced with AHPHS, not near the pump or feeling I get with the Original. This is the only problem I have with MT, they produce a kick ass formula and then downgrade into something less potent, why is this? So I have buying up what I can find left in stock.
  • Feel Great Next Day
bristol
  July 19, 2010

2.0

My training partners and I used halo for 2 months a few years ago because we were young and naive and tricked by a GNC salesman.

He actually said this: "Halo has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it... It will be banned soon."

Whatever.

Diarrhea
Without a doubt and like CLOCK WORK I had to take an explosive dump 30 minutes after ingesting HALO.

Dehydration
After gagging the HALO down, I felt drugged and sleepy, had to take noted MASSIVE dump, then became insanely dehydrated.

Taste
Halo tastes...

Whatever.

Diarrhea

Dehydration

Taste
Halo tastes awful. It made me literally gag, and I have a high tolerance for supplements at this point. The "cooling" mechanism is gross. It tastes like you are swallowing listerine.

Sleepy?
After me and the 5 guys i used to train with built up to 3 scoops of this stuff, we would literally be falling asleep on the short bus ride back to our place. Then one by one we all started just feeling sick from this stuff (at 3 scoops).

Recovery
Honestly this stuff makes Cell Mass look like a wonder drug. This did not help my recovery AT ALL compared to cell mass or size on. or even GNC grade creatine monohydrate.

Price
60$ at GNC. Are you kidding me? What a joke. This was the product that made me turn my back on MuscleTech AND GNC.

So for any guys that are kind of new to working out like I was, and you venture into a GNC in bloomington, MN and a guy tries to tell you a product named HALO has 5 grams of human grade testosterone in it.. Go spend your $60 at the grocery market or on gas.

This is the only product that has made me: fall asleep, throw up and have diarrhea withing 30 minutes of ingesting it.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Really
  • Its More Of A Laxative
  • Side Effects
  • Taste Bad
joshburch20
  November 10, 2010

This had me flat out trippin balls on energy! I was wired twenty four seve. Only drawback to that was the fact that at 2 am I was staring at the walls unable to sleep. Saw some quick gains from it. You can really tell the gains in strenght right away. Only bad thing is its like any other MuscleTech product and has about 50 ingredients so you have no idea what actually is doing it for you. I got it from GNC for 41.97 because its being discontinued. Expensive but not terible. I would see if your local store has the old one or if you can find it anywhere because the Pro Series is no where near as strong as this. I will admit it did make me feel like I had the flu or something the first two or three days other than that not bad at all. I would sugest not taking it if you work out any later than 2 pm if you dont do caffeine well. Taste I thought wasnt near as bad as others said. I had artic punch and if felt about like drinking fruit punch Kool-Aid mixed with Listerine strips but wasn't really gross. Kinda cool really. Overall this wasn't a bad product at all.
  May 26, 2010

Listen up, if you are tight on money, then dont buy something with a $60 price tag on it. this isnt a forum on how much money management. This is a good product. I have been using it for a little more than 2 weeks now and I can see gains in my chest and arms. Stacking with Creakic, 1.M.R., and Myoplex shakes. This stuff is crucial for muscle recover. I am doing 2 hours of really heavy weightlifting and reaching muscle failure every day and this stuff blow the pain out of the water. If you dont want to spend money on quality stuff, go buy some cheap sh*t and write about how it sucks
  • Helps Recovery

This is the first and last MT product I will ever try. A friend let me have some for about 2 weeks and honestly, it didn't do jack sh_t. I actually felt weaker and even more sore for the next few days. Taste and texture was horrible and I literally had to gag it down. You do get that cooling sensation in your throat which isn't that big of a deal. Save your money and buy something else. I know cannot speculate MT's "kitchen sink" approach to their supplements.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Really
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.