Amino Build Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #45 of 88 (better than 49%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino Build is a BCAA manufactured by MuscleTech. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

torpi
  March 11, 2015

----Introduction----
Hey guys, torpi reporting once again :) Today I would like to bring you my honest opinion on amino acid product which I used quite some time ago, but did not reviewed it so far. It an amino acid supplement from MuscleTechs Performance series called Amino Build.

Ingredient Profile - 8/10

Serving Size - 1 Scoop (9g)
Servings Per Container - Approx. 30

L-Alanine - 500mg
L-Citruline Malate - 500mg

Strength-Enhancing Compound
Betaine - 1250 mg

As you can see according to nutritional info panel, Amino Build its actually a quite simple product. It has 4g of BCAA in 2:1:1 ratio per scoop + 500mg of each Taurine, Glutamine, Alanine and Citrulline Malate + 1250mg of Betaine. Based solely on nutritional info panel, I did not expect much from Amino Build (definitelly not that they will increase my strenght by over 40% :D ). But honestly, when you look at the amount of ingredient, you will surely notice that most of them are underdosed, even per 2 scoop serving! I admit that per 2 scoops you will get a "massive" 8g of BCAA and also clinnical dose of 2.5g of Betaine. However, 1g of each - Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, Alanine and Taurine per 2 scoops will not do a lot in terms of overall performance and recovery.

Taste - 9/10 - I tried only white grape flavour and to be honest, it was actually quite pleasant. Nothing too sweet, or overhelming and definitelly didnt had that heavy, artificial "MuscleTech type" of taste. Very pleasant to drink during workout

Mixability - 9/10 - When I shook it up in shaker bottle with cold water, there was some foam at the top, but when I just slighly steared it, I didnt notice any foam or undissolved residue at the bottom.

Dosing - 1.5-2 scoops intra-workout

Effectiveness - 8/10
I usually rate amino acids in terms of their ability to help me increase my endurance and overall performance in the gym, and of course, to help offset fatigue and help me with recovery post-workout. By no means, Amino Build did that. Its definitelly not a "game-changer" that will help you increase your strenght by over 40% like the label says. However, on the other hand I think that its just a solid amino acid supplement which will definitelly help with your endurance in the gym and post-workout recovery. The one thing I really appreciate about this product is the addition of Betain at full clinical dose (per 2 scoops) and I think that it is primarily the combination of 8g of BCAAs with 2.5g of Betain which make this product quite unique and effective, especially post-workout. As I mentioned above, the other ingredients are underdosed and I think that they will not do a lot in terms of endurance and recovery. However, its better to have them there anyway...

Value - 10/10 - I bought Amino Build on sale (1+1) for 25 Euro, which is a very good price for 60 servings of aminos. However, if they werent on sale I probably would not buy them. I am a 2-scooper, and if I have to pay 25 E. for 1 tub, which will last me at most for 15 workouts it would be very bad business for me. So I really recomend to purchase them only if you are on budget or if you will see them on discount or as the part of some special stack.

Side Effects - 10/10 - Everything was just fine for me, without any sides

Conclusion - 8/10 - Overall I would say that Amino Build are solid amino acid supplement, but nothing special or game-changing (as MuscleTech use to title most of their "revolutionary" products). As for myself and my experience with them, they did what they supposed to in terms of increasing endurance and helping with post-workout recovery. So as I allready mentioned, if you are on hunt for a new aminos and you are on budget, or if you will see them on discount or special sale, I would suggest you to give them a shot.
  • Good For Cut
  • Could Be Expensive
  • If Not On Sale
AlbertoMendia
  September 13, 2014

AMINO BUILD is a intra/post-workout from Muscletech that in general was working good for me and could be valuable in some conditions.
I choose to rewiew AMINO BUILD becouse there is only one done. Before get in the SR I read many reviews so I know Muscletech don't have so good reputation out of here.I will do an effort to keep really objective with this product.No only in the negative way, too in the positive.

It is plenty of this kind of products in USA but I live in European country were is no so easy many times to get products like Scivation for example. Muscletech is really present in any European Store.

Other products of this kind I tried and will be the base to compare:
AMINOX- Bsn
AMINO1- MusclePharm
BCAAS-Gat
AJIMOTOS BCAAS- ProeNutrition (Spanish brand)
GLUTA5- Quamtrax(Spanish brand)

I use for Bulk and Cut

PROFILE
Serving Size 1 Scoop (9 g)
Servings Per Container: Approx.50

Taurine 500mg
L-Citruline Malate 500mg

Strength-Enhancing Compound
Betaine Anhydrous 1.250 mg

I have to say that I never follow the dosis, it depends of the other supplements I use I take more or less.
Here there is sneaky publicity because appear one scoop like dosis but in the advertisement they speak about two.So two chances a serving of 1 scoop that is very I moved around or two like obviously give more but cost more. I will analize for one.

Carbo: Ok, only one (7,5/10)
Vitamins/Minerals: Really small dosis without extras (3/10)
BCAAS: Small dosis in a typical rate 2:1:1 (6,5/10).
Cell-Volumizing Muscle Complex: Everything of all but in small amount. Specially Glutamin (6,5/10)
Strength-Enhancing Compound: Betaine is a nice add I thing it improve the intra-workout effect (9/10). Betaine counteracts urea's ability to affect the skeletal muscle myosin and therefore allows you to produce more energy and ATP (Joeflash13)

TOTAL: 6,50 Nice formula- Far away from right dosis
Could be better easily a bigger scoop with more of all: Electrolytes,BCAAS and Glutamin. The other for my taste are less necessary and expected but of course will produce better result in the intra-workout and the general absorption.

EFFECTIVENESS
I have to say for me it work good specially in some areas

Training: It help me to keep the intensity, give me little bit of extra push and I felt my muscle could work longer (8/10)
Recover for next day: I felt help me to be little bit less soore (7/10)
Muscle definition: It help a lot in my cutting phase. I drop make bodyfat around 6percent what I belive is good for around 3 months (9/10)
Muscle growth: I use only one month for this but I have to say I didnt find it help (5/10)

TOTAL: Cutting time (8,5/10) Bulk time (6/10)
I think really to be underdose is specially important for the bulk phase and there is were this product more suffer. I have to say for all the aminos this one is the one I felt more positive in the gym until now. Outside no specially but too I always have a stack with may products (no hormonal until now)

TASTE/MIXABILITY
I have to say I am one horse for this. My stomach is iron and I will finish the tub with dirty kitchen flavour. I prefer taste nice like all of us but I am no picky.
Flavour: White Grape. Nice no so artificial flavor, no overhelming. Cold is refreshing.
I enjoy it (9/10)
Mixtability: It was good. It dissolve easily and no so much sediments (9/10)

TOTAL: It was pretty good in this area (9/10)

VALUE:
I bought for 34 euros(44 dollars) the 50 servings and I got 20 servings for free. For the level here is really good. I was using for a long time so with this offer works great for me. If not will be average or little bit expensive here. In USA I could see is pretty expensive for the amount (270grms) and without an offer will be overprice. If you would need more than one scoop will be very bad business.
TOTAL:Very depending. General (7/10)

OVERALL
Can be this amino formula good?Yes if you find a good offer and you use in cut phase. Very good for long and intense training specially if you add a bit of glutamin.It will help you to improve definitely.
If you have other ideas this are no your aminos intraworkout.
TOTAL: (7/10)
Could be better: with bigger dosis specially

Thank you for read me and sorry for my English
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Makes Fasted Training Easier
  • Good Taste And Mixability
  • Good For Cut
  • Unreputable Brand
  • Could Be Expensive
  • Mostly Underdose
  • No The Best Option For Bulking
bechsgaard
  March 28, 2014

This review is of all 3 flavors of amino build, by MuscleTech, green apple, fruit punch, and white grape. Each aspect of the product will be weighed differently based on what I feel is the importance of each one.

Complex --- /20

The Amino Build complex is composed of three main aspects, the BCAA complex, a Cell Volumizing Complex and betanine (strength enhancing compound).

The BCAA complex has a ratio of 2:1:1, which is what I usually look for. I noticed a difference taking this product vs just a 2:1:1 BCAA product. I noticed an oddly better pump despite no PWO and I noticed leaving the gym less tired and sweaty, it let me up my intensity to a point where I'd usually puke.

I also noticed I was stronger in my usual fasted state I go to the gym in, after school, I was able to lift about 10% more while on the BCAA, but ONLY when I was taking 1 scoop pre workout by about half an hour and the other intra workout.

With cardio when I first took the stuff I noticed no difference vs a regular BCAA but when I took half an HOUR before I noticed it helped my endurance a lot.

I feel that this product is sometimes overlooked when it is a decent substitute for both BCAA and intraworkout products.

Nows for the serious negative and why I did not give the complex 20/20, RED DYE no. 40. Connected to cancer ( benzidine a main compound in it) as well as to learning impairment and hyperactivity. What really angers me is its unnecessary, I don't give 2 ***s if my fruit punch is red or poop brown or clear, it's usually in an opaque bottle anyway. If they really wanted it red they could have just used red beet dye powder.

----------------15/20----------------

Macros /15

Min just going to start with the macros of the other elements besides the BCAAs. The betaine gives you 2.5 g with every 2 scoops an ammount I would use anyway if I were adding separately. The amounts of taurine and glutamine could be abit higher, but nothing deal breaking. The BCAA complex is 2g of L-leucine 1g of L-isoleucine and 1g of L-valine. I usually like to get abit more leucine and I like to get 5g per 2 scoops, but just making them extra healing as I usually do makes up for that.

----------------12/15----------------

Taste /24
Overall, Amino Build tastes pretty good for a BCAA, although I personally feel that Blox and Xtend taste Better.

White grape: I only got to try the white grape flavor twice from a friend but man I was stunned, I HATE white grape or grape flavors of ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING with every bone in my body, but this flavor was delicious.
-----7/8-----

Fruit Punch: fruit punch was also not bad and I especially liked it because it was so versatile, it tastes just as good in 2ozs of water as 1 scoop tasted in 1.5 liters. It makes it really easy to use your bcaas as a primary hydration method while working out and even when I'm doing construction work with my dad. I also really liked fruit punch cause when I mix it with phase 8 cookies n cream it makes it taste unbelievably delightful when I didn't like the original flavor much. My only issue is it does have abit of a chemical aftertaste to it that does get irritating
-----6/8-----

Green Apple: I did not like this flavor much, it tasted very chemically, the only exception was when it was made in 4ozs of water as a shot PWO.
-----4/8-----

----------------17/24----------------

Mixeability /10

This stuff foams like a mofo. Even when stiring the foam is a ticking timebomb, but the powder dissolves instantly with no remaining particles so that's a plus, and what ever you do DONT SHAKE.

----------------3/10----------------

Texture /10

It's as thin as water and when the foam is gone there is no particles or texture. But if the foam is there, its often there to stay and makes this a pain to drink.

----------------7/10----------------

Price /15

They always have either BOGO or B2GO and that makes it a very cheap option for BCAAs at 40-70cents per serving and without that deal it's still pretty typical.

----------------14/15----------------

Label /10

The label is completely clear and it shows the amounts of everything

----------------10/10----------------

Overall I like this product, it is my primary BCAA exept i do some types take in pill form. I'm still really disappointed at the dye used but hopefully they will take it away some day (probably naive)

OVERALL RATING: 7.5/10
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Increase In Pump
  • Works As Intra Workout
  • Makes Fasted Training Easier
  • Chemical Taste