Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > MuscleMeds > Code Red > Reviews

Code Red

By MuscleMeds
Code Red MuscleMeds
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 18 Reviews)

Ranks #46 of 154 (better than 71%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

MMATE

Far better pumps and a cleaner stimmed feeling

I've been using Code red all week. I bought it because it contains 2.25grams of GPLC in every scoop. Plus it has the 1-3 dimeth like Jack3d.

I can happily say that the focus and energy is more even and stays with you till the end of the workout. Where I found with Jack3d it was up fast, down fast.

Now the pumps were FANTASTIC! You feel lactic acid build up on the first set then it just goes away. Your muscles fill up like a bike tyre. And you can keep adding the weight for every set. Great strength.

Only draw back is that you don't feel like you are engaging muscle fibres when you train, because it refuses to let your muscles burn like they usually would. So you are kinda left thinking have I trained enough? But looking into the mirror and your appearance tells you differently.

For lovers of Jack3d it might be time to try this guy. Far better pumps and a cleaner stimmed feeling. Not putting Jack3d down, I love the stuff. Just an alternative.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Pumps
  • Train All Day Feeling

Posted June 24, 2010
I picked this up the other day and so far I have had 3 sick workouts. This stuff is good

MMATE

Posted June 24, 2010
I love what the GPLC does in regards to pumps.

jthayer1

This mixes really well and doesn't have a gritty textur

I've taken Code Red for about 4 weeks now and I must say I'm highly impressed with it. I've done several pre-workout supplements before but this one just seperated itself from the rest. After reading and researching a tad bit about the GPLC products I decided to give this a try. The energy was not the best compared to other products I've had and the focus was slightly about average but the pumps are absolutely ridiculous. Let me repeat: The pumps are absolutely rididculous!! I've never been so full and vascular during a workout; during every workout!

Other possible points of interest:
This mixes really well and doesn't have a gritty texture. I have the blue raspberry and it tastes like blue berry fun dip.

Again I'll make the point that the energy isn't the best so you have to be self motivated but at least in my opinion the pump is worth the money!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Best Pumps

Posted July 22, 2010
sorry i didnt mean to press neg

Code Red was a nice surprise for me

MuscleMeds is really a hit or miss company. Code Red was a nice surprise for me. The Blue Raspberry was very good and the pumps were insane !!! It's a little pricey in my opinion, and there are just as good of products on the market for a lesser expense.
I did find with this product, that I crashed about an hour after my work-out. However, understanding the fact that pre-workout formulas differ from each individual. I would say that this product is worth a try.

• Effect Doesnt Last That Long

This one gives me diarrhea every time I use it

I've used this product for a month, I've used other preworkout supplements such as the GNC AMP pre/post workout packs and have liked those. However, a rep at GNC suggested Code Red to me. I've never had problems with N.O. supplements before, but this one gives me diarrhea every time I use it. I've tried cutting dosage and hydrating better but with no luck. I'm going to go back to a capsule now I suppose.

I did have better workouts and better pumps when using Code Red though. I'm sad to quit using it despite the side effects I've had, I just can't in good conscience give myself diarrhea like that. I've had tolerance to other pre workout products including the aforementioned AMP products as well as N.O. Xplode.

• Diarrhea

I was very disappointed from the result and that suprised me

I was impressed by the very good reviews of Code Red, so I had to try it.
But I was very disappointed from the result and that suprised me, because I had great expectations.
I felt a slight increased energy and a medium...
I was impressed by the very good reviews of Code Red, so I had to try it.
I felt a slight increased energy and a medium focus.

I've been taking Code Red for 3 weeks and got a lot of strange feelings.
I felt very cold, in fact chillin' cold. My feet felt so cold that it hurt. All day I had the feeling of getting a flu.
I was also constipated. When I quit Code Red, all went back to normal, in a few days.

I've used in the past:
- Jack3d
- Superpump
- Revolutions Crack
- no-explode
- no-beta

When I have to rate this products, Crack was number 1 and Jack3d 2nd.

I will use the rest of the month Revolutions Crack. After that I will quit pre-workout supplements for 2 months and then I will try Code Red again. I hope that the product will then meet my expectations.

• Constipated
  • Annoying Cold Feeling
  • No Pump?
  • Flu-like Symptoms

Posted September 7, 2010
good review man i think i might try the crack since you think its better than jack3d, but ill do my research:)

Posted September 7, 2010
in my oppinion too- crack is better than jack3d

Damn! This stuff is the real deal when it comes to PWO supplements

Code Red by MuscleMeds

Code Red by MuscleMeds

Damn! This stuff is the real deal when it comes to PWO supplements. I was fresh off a cycle of Jack3d and decided to branch out and try this as opposed to doing Jack3d again. I have had eNOXIDE from MuscleMeds and still have yet to find a better 'pump' product so I figured this had to be pretty good. I was right

Taste/Mixability 9/10
The taste was amazing, imagine cherry kool-aid, that is Code Red. I usually get disappointed by fruit punch supplements but this stuff was addicting to drink. Mixibility could be better as it does leave a little bit of grit at the bottom of the cup, but most PWO's do that do not a huge deal to me.

Effectiveness 10/10
1st time I worked out w/ this product was during a shoulder/delt workout and after my 1st warm up set of barbell shoulder press, I was hard and vascular. Im not the type of person to be overly vascular, and it's tough for me to feel the pump. This product helped me demolish my shoulders and it looked like I was wearing shoulder pads the rest of the day. I never really felt that w/ Jack3d. The energy was consistent and I did get tunnel vision w/ it, to the point where I only focused on the individual muscle fibers contracting. All 15 workouts on this stuff were above and beyond what I was used to.

Im a firm believer in Glyco-Carn now because of this product and will always look for products that have this supplement in it as this gave me the best pumps of my lifting career.

Value 10/10
Value to me is how effective a supplement is, not what the cost is. This product was worth every penny and I would have no problem getting it again and again.

Overall 9/10
My only gripe with this product is that you only get 15 servings out of a container, but it is the most effective pre workout supplement I have tried, and the list includes Jack3d(both new and Original formula), N.O. Loaded, N.O. Xplode, N.O. Shotgun, 1.M.R., naNO Vapor, Black Powder, Dark Rage, Trac.

For a god like feeling in the gym, stack w/ eNOXIDE and Pink Magic.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Pumps
  • Train All Day Feeling

Manimal

Posted July 31, 2010
Solid review joe!

kanderson30's Code Red Review

This is with out a doubt a great product. It is just to expensive for the amount of servings you get. Using this I had some of the best pumps I have ever experienced. My warm up sets seemed to almost pump me up as my working sets before I used this product. The stimulant effect is great, similar to jack3d but the Huperzine A is a nice addition along with the vinpocetine too. Awesome focus throughout the workout. Taste is not that great to sweet and too many dyes. The stuff looks toxic. One little thing I did for an even better pump was mixing it with a product that contained some arginine and citrulline. I did this since a few studies have shown that glycocarn augments nitric oxide synthase. It pumped my muscles full of blood this way, it was amazing.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Pumps
  • Good Focus
  • Improved Recovery
  • Less Rest Needed
  • Not Enough Servings In The Container

Great strength and endurance, great pump, less DOMS

ive tried so many pre-workout drinks that either work well but dont settle in your stomache or taste like candy and last for 20min. i have to say that Code Red is the happy medium. i find the pump that glyco-carn gives and was previously using NO-Bomb with Dark Rage (pretty insane stack) and while the results were good it was obviously way too pricey to continue. if you take Code Red about 1/2 hour before you hit the gym and give yourself a 5min warm up, this stuff will be Primed. great strength and endurance, great pump, less DOMS. stack this with Dark Matter and see great results

Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Pumps
  • Train All Day Feeling
  • Good Focus

Great sustained energy and the pump from the glycocarn is amazing

I took Code Red before my football games and took 2 scoops. Now, I'm a huuuge jack3d fan but this stuff.. WOW. I took it and 30 minutes later I was so pumped up. I'm a D-Lineman and most O-Lineman are about 285 and I was tossing them around like they were nothing. Great sustained energy and the pump from the glycocarn is amazing. My second favorite next to jack3d. I bought it from GNC and it was pretty expensive and the taste is god awful but I just chug it anyway. Great PWO in general.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Best Pumps

Posted October 1, 2010
I like it too. Look on EBay and you can get it A LOT cheaper

This doesnt give u as much energy as jack3d

CODE RED is a great product, i had the fruit punch flavor it tasted just like hawaiin punch. it gave me a great boost of energy and pump but it really only lasted like 2 hours max. the price is decent but for the "sigma tau" dose is 16oz of water, thats just a lot to bring down for me even if it tastes great. this doesnt give u as much energy as jack3d (seeing thats what most ppl care about) but i got better focus and pump than jack3d by far.

• Effect Doesnt Last That Long