Carnivor Mass

By: MuscleMeds

Carnivor Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by MuscleMeds. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Does Carnivor Mass work?
inyamaboi
  July 15, 2012

Ahhh being the 2nd person to review a product... Its pretty hardcore I must say...
Well since I got that out the way, time to get to the real business. I have just finished a tub MuscleMeds' Carnivor mass this past thursday. I'm proud to say I am the first person to try it my country(ultra hardcore feeling) since I ordered it from bodybuilding.com a few weeks ago. I was very curious about this product, as I wanted a good quality mass gainer and the product claims sounded promising.

Product Highlights:
Sugar Free
Lactose Free
Less than 2 Grams Fat

Product claims:
1 to 7 days of use: Support for muscle fullness and strength; faster recovery from workouts; mass gains of 1-2 lbs. are possible.*
7 to 14 days of use: Further increases in muscle strength; reduction in perceived effort (workouts feel somewhat easier); sensation of greater overall power, support more mass gains.*
21 days and beyond: Support further increases in muscle mass, strength and power.* The possibilities are endless!*

***EFFECTIVENESS***

Well I'm not such an experienced user when it come to mass gainers, I have used a handful such as MHP up your mass, MT MassTech and VPX Stealth. I haven't seen a need for one as I've always had a good amount of mass, but I was curious about Carnivor Mass because it had 0g of sugar and its real low in Saturated fat oh and 0g of cholesterol! So since I've been recovering from my pre-contest exit(due to serious illnesses) I gave carnivor mass a go. I also had 1 serving with water immediately after my workout. I did gain some strength and most notably lean mass and my muscles were fuller and harder. I wasn't in the best shape but I still managed to lose some fat, this reinforces that this product can be used if you want to gain lean mass and not just mass building like the traditional weight gainers which are loaded with sugars and fat. And from the 2nd week onwards my recovery vastly improved I wasn't as sore as the week before.

***INGREDIENT PROFILE***

I was extremely impressed with the ingredient profile, its loaded with BCAA's,glutamine,hydrolyzed beef protein isolate,creatine mono, and iSpike(rapid insulin elavation technology)

1 serving(4 scoops)

Chromium (As Chromium 454® Bio-Organic Yeast Matrix)200mcg
Sodium 510mg
Potassium 215mg
Ingredients:
ISPIKEâ„¢ Technology [Consisting Of Insulin-Release-Amplifying Reactive Carbohydrate System (Micronparticulated Maltodextrin, Micronparticulated Waxy Maize, Amylase, Gluco-Amylase), And Insulin-Signal-Amplifying System (Agaricus Blazei, D-Pinitol, 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, Patent-Pending Chromium 454â„¢)], CARNIVOR-BPIâ„¢ [Consisting Of Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate, Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs: L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine), And Anabolic Nitrogen Retention Technologyâ„¢ Intermediates: GKG (Glutamine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate), OKG (Ornithine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate), AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate), And KIC (Alpha-Ketoisocaproate)], Hydrolyzed Beef Gelatin, Cocoa, Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Silicone.

All these ingredients make carnivor mass a super effective lean mass builder. The only thing missing is dietary fiber.

***MIXIBILITY***

1 serving requires 4 scoops, and to my surprise it wasn't too hard to be mixed, compared to stealth(the scoops are huge) and I just simply added a bit of water, added 2 scoops mix and then add another 2 scoops and more water and shake. And there you have it. I experienced no clumps, I always pre-mix my supps so I never had any issues here, and it was nice and very drinkable and not thick at all! But some of the mixture did get caught at the top of my shaker, other than that no problems at all.

***TASTE***

I had the chocolate fudge flavor, and I really did enjoy the taste, it doesn't taste like a weight gainer at all. It has a 'clean' taste and it wasn't too sweet and it had a funny chocolaty-liquarce taste which I kinda got used to and luckily it didn't have an after taste, though I couldn't taste any fudge lol. It was still very enjoyable and smooth not undrinkably thick. Defiantly a must try!

***VALUE***

A tub of Carnivor Mass should provide you with 14 servings, but here's where MuscleMeds let me down, I only got 11.5 servings!!! And it stated 14 servings on the container! I was extremely upset because I wanted to use Carnivor Mass for 2 whole weeks and I couldn't. It costed $43 on bb.com which is competitive. But still losing out on 2.5 servings is unacceptable. Its a sad day when you have to mix your final 2 scoops of Carnivor mass with six-star whey!(Sad taste too, lol)

***OVERALL***

Overall this is the most effective lean mass builder I have ever taken, full of awesome ingredients and taste. In conjunction with a good strict diet, training routine and including cardio(3-5x a week) results will be coming your way like nothing before! Expect a whole load of lean mass, increased strength (not so extreme like the claim), instant recovery and muscle hardness! But everyone's different it may work better for you than me or visa versa!

*PS check your servings, lol.

-fridge
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lean Gains
  • 0g Sugar
  • Increased Strength
  • Less Than 2g Fat
  • Cholestrol Free
  • 50g Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate
  • Not 14 Servings!!!
  • 0g Dietary Fiber

• WarMachine
    July 15, 2012

Another great review brother!! I actually looked into this myself, but settled on monster milk (check out my review) because muscle meds has been notorious for going over board with harsh dyes.
  • inyamaboi
    July 15, 2012

Thanks bro!!! I wasn't aware of that to be honest... Well thankfully from tomorrow I'm using torrent bro!!
  • Manimal
    July 15, 2012

May wanna reconsider this product. I call placebo effect.

• inyamaboi
    July 15, 2012

Yikes! That's scary(and sickening) stuff!thanks manimal, sure won't be using beef protein again

This is my first review so forgive me if I forget to mention anything. I decided to write a review on carnivor mass because there were only a couple of reviews about it and I found it to be a good product. I'm going to start with the most important part of any supplement, which is the results and the explain other things..

RESULTS (8/10): I used this product exclusively as a post workout drink since it has little fat and fast digesting carbs and protein. the container lasted a month for me since I used it only on workout days and also I used 3 scoops instead of 4. During this month i gained about 2lb, Although i consider 2lb of bw good for a month training I was expecting a little more results from this, especially because it has creatine. I did not see the strength gains I was hoping from a product that contains creatine.

TASTE/SIDE EFFECTS (9/10): I had the chocolate flavour and the first time I used this I didn't enjoy the taste at all. However after a few workouts the taste grew on me and kind of liked it, it wasn't the best taste of supplemente but it was very drinkable. The good thing about carnivor mass is that I had no side effects, didn't got bloated from the creatine and it was very easy on my stomach.

MIXABILITY (7/10): The mixability on this product wasn't the best. I mixed it always with water and I had to wait about 5 to 10 minutes so all the clumps could disappear. After i waited this time my drink was fine and with almost zero clumps but it bothered me a little of having to wait 10 minutes for the product fully dissolve.

VALUE (7/10): I can't properly rate the value for this because I live in Brazil and all supplements here are extremely expensive. I think it could have just a little more servings per container as it finished very quickly.

OVERALL (8/10): Overall this is a good product but nothing extraordinary. I bought this to give it a change to my post workout whey and it was very good to spice things up. Although I had a good experience with this I don't believe i will be using it again since there are other pw that I consider to be better such as Aftershock, 2:1:1 recovery and 100%whey gold w/ dextrose but I definitely recommend for everyone on a bulk to change the protein source for a month and you will get some gains!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lean Gains
  • 50g Hydrolyzed Beef Protein Isolate

• Domokun
    Rep: 0
    January 12, 2015

I've probably gone through 15 containers of this and love it. Gains are awesome. Taste is fantastic, one of the best. Most of all, no gas after consuming it.
  • Meuth
    1 day ago

Please add more profile info in the future. Such as protein per serving.
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.