This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Arnold Iron Dream

Bullet Proof Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

7.1
Bullet Proof is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Muscle Pharm. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

COMPARE SIMILAR

HeavyArms
Rep: -20
  July 24, 2014

Oh yes the devil beside you that is GABA

Bulletproof yet another drink that requires to be chilled before serving but oh so worth a minimal of effort.

Was a bit indecisive about trying something that was rasp/orange but not to shabby. Tad strong on the rasp side but worth it. Im a ZMA man through and through love the dreaming and recovery aspect all together. Not a huge fan of one more drink before bed but. The deepness of relaxation down to the joints that I worked out are impressive. 30 mins after I down a cup. Short shaker 4 cubes ice shake and let simmer for 4 mins to disolve. I can feel my knees and shoulders begin to tingle. At first I was alarmed my bp was sky rocketing but come to find out its all apart of the recovery and rehabilitation. Few crazy life like dreams and I would come out of this comma like silly putty. All soreness was gone and the morning was fresh. I would get out of bed hearing the cracking of every vertibre like a raptor waking up from the den. Killed the potential soreness, left some serious eye gunk, and felt like a batch of fresh made dough.

Did everything I was expecting from a ZMA but better. More deep and restful and more willing to press harder with out questions of "oh I was sore here this morning should I hit it again?"

Taste ehh I gave my best guidance on that one to help. Carry on folks.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Full Nights Recovery
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
  • Feel Ready For Another Workout In The Morning
  • Less Soreness
  • Wild Dreams
  • Mix With Ice
getnbigr78
  May 4, 2013

I have been a sleep deprived person for years, and once I found Cyclin by MHP I was really excited. I did a review for it a few months back. I decided, in order to minimize the tolerance levels of some of the main ingredients in Cyclin (ie. Valerian root,) to cycle off of it, and try something that had melatonin in it. I decided to use Bullet Proof by MusclePharm. From April 1st through April 30th. I used the following supplements in addition to Bullet Proof:

MHP Battlefuel XT (for T support)
Versa-1 (for mass and strength maintenance)
Now Sports IGF-1 (Joint support)
Omega 3 Fatty Acids (1200mg fish oil, 600mg EPA and DHA, overall health)

My goal for the month of April was to get leaner while maintaining mass and strength- a sometimes very difficult task to do, naturally. I began the month at 201lbs @ 14%bf (173lbs lean mass.) My diet was kept very light. I averaged from 1600-1800 calories per day- which is about 1000 under my maintenance level. I ate approximately 180 grams of protein per day, 75 grams of fat and 100 grams of carbs. I used an intermittent diet 7 days per week with most of my fasting periods ranging from 16-18 hours. Sleep would be critical this month due to the calorie deficit. I was treading on thin ice for the month between muscle maintenance and fat loss so I had to make sure everything I was doing was what was best for my body.

I worked out 6 days per week during the month and threw in about 45 minutes (total) of cardio each week. I exercised each muscle group 2 times per week and concentrated on compound exercises and strength training (which is something I usually don't do while cutting.) I needed about 7 ½ - 8 ½ per day to feel great.

Profile:7
Bullet Proof contained some of the usual suspects for a PM supplement including:
ZMA (broken down into its mineral forms)
L-Dopa
Melatonin and
Essential Amino Acids
It contains 3 prop blends that combine these factors- it's all good stuff except for the fact, like many of you, I am not a big fan of prop blends because you can't compare apples to apples. That's why I rate it a 7. There are 10 calories that come from <3grams of carbs.

Taste/dosing 6.5
Ok, so I used the grape fusion flavor. At first I was like, WTF am I drinking? Then the flavor actually grew on me and I looked forward to taking this down before bed. I am rating the dosing a little lower here, though because of the serving suggestion. The product comes with approximately 40 servings, yet the serving size is half of the scooper. I thought this was silly. The first time I used the product I used the entire scooper not realizing that the suggested serving was only half that. Why not provide a scooper that equals one serving? It ended up being closer to 30 servings since I would always use just a little more than half of the scooper.

Effectiveness: 8

So my goal with a product like is twofold- I want something that will help me get a good night's sleep, while helping with my recovery and wake up process. I would say with confidence that Bulletproof did provide this. Within 30 minutes of consuming this product, I would be sound asleep. I would have crazy, deep dreams, and woke up feeling great. My body felt good in the morning and soreness was never too much of a problem. There were a couple of days in the month that I did not take it before bed, and I definitely woke up feeling different-sore and painful. This is a product that I would recommend and that I will continue to use in the future as I cycle it with MHP's Cyclin. I actually plan on using LeCheek's Mass HGH next month so I will be able to rate each one and let you guys know which one actually worked the best for me.

Value:8
$30.89 from allstarhealth.com- little under $1 per serving. I wish I could sleep for free, but that's not the case so it costs me. Bullet Proof is a little cheaper than Cyclin and has roughly the same number of servings.

Overall: 8

I won't get into my gains or losses as I have touched on that in my Versa-1 review. My goal with a product like Bullet Proof is mostly sleep focused, which is more opinionated, than tangible. With that said, I would definitely recommend Bullet Proof as a sleep aid. I will use it again at some point as I cycle on and off these sleep aids. The taste should grow on you and the prop blends have all the good stuff your body needs while you sleep. With that said, I can't wait to try LeCheek's Mass HGH- the reviews on that product have been outstanding. I'll let you guys know how that goes in about 6 weeks.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
  • Wild Dreams
  • Less Soreness
  • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
  • Sketchy Serving Size 1/2 Scoop.
yankees2189
Rep: -3
  October 16, 2012

I decided to give this product a try after taking ZMA for years, I wanted to see what kind of recovery it could provide. I am an early riser, as I work 9-5 but like to workout before that and then a night shift after my 9-5.
Within about 20 minutes of taking this product, I would feel and extreme sense of relaxation and drowsiness. Ten to fifteen minutes later, it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open, sometimes I'd fall asleep without setting my alarm. I first noticed this product really working when I would fall asleep at 11:30pm, and wake up at 3am to urinate and feel like it should have been 7 or 8am! I felt so refreshed! Although, the directions recommend 8 hours of sleep, I found that if I got 6-7 full hours of sleep, I would wake up at 530am feeling so refreshed and ready to hit the weights everytime! This product really got me looking forward to coming home, knocking back some bulletproof, getting a great sleep and then destroying the weights when I woke up.
The label recommends using 5 days on, 2 days off, which I would also recommend. I found that if I used it too many days in a row I would have to up the dosage for it to be as effective, which is why my "value" rating is a little low. For most nights I would use 3/4 of a scoop- a full scoop. The serving size is a sketchy "half a scoop", which I had started with, but then upped after a few days. But if you use it 5 days and find the sweet spot somewhere near 3/4 of a scoop, it will last you a month.
TASTE of this product was decent. It wasn't bad and I actually looked forward to it after a few days as long as i mixed it with some ice cold water. Certainly better than some preworkouts ive tried and it mixed well!
OVERALL, I think this product is awesome. I work thirteen hour days and if I drank some of this before bed I would get a great sleep, with great recovery feeling amazing in the morning and ready to get up and workout. I woke up after sleeping for 2 or 3 hours feeling like I had been asleep for 6 or 7. I didn't experience any wild dreams but I could tell my body was getting much more quality rest with no grogginess!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
  • Feel Ready For Another Workout In The Morning
  • Great Rest
  • Find The Sweet Spot With The Serving Size
bnichols25
  September 1, 2012

Hello SR

TIme to review a product that I enjoyed and I hope that this review helps answers some questions. I know this product has quite a few reviews but since the "Expert Reviewers" and the regular reviewers ratings differ some I hope this helps sheds some light :)

------------------Background-----------------
Prior to taking Bullet Proof I had tried some "NOW" brand Gaba and really enjoyed the restful sleep I got from it so I though I would give BP a try. I did not begin BP immediately after so that I wouldn't possibly build a tolerance.

-----------------Dosage N/A-------------------
I maintained the half a scoop dose the entire time I used Bullet Proof. I really wish I had tried a full scoop near the end of my tub but for some reason I never did. I always got good rest but I wish I had experimented a little.

-----------------Ingredients 9/10----------------
I will just go over the main ingredients since there are so many.
Gamma Amino Butryic Acid (Gaba)- Considered an amino acid and but promotes deep sleep
ZMA blend- enhances deep sleeping for most people and supposedly increases strength gains
Mucuna Puriens Extract- Increases HGH and promotes deep sleep
Various Amino acids and Bcaa's- Puts muscles in anabolic state and promotes muscle growth

----------------Value 8/10---------------------
For around $30ish you can get 40 servings of BP. For me that was a pretty good deal but since a lot of people use more than a half a scoop I could understand why it could be seen as expensive.

-----------------Taste 9/10-------------------
I bought the grape flavor and thought it was great. I usually do not take flavor into account for my ratings unless it is unbelievably bad or good.

----------------Effectiveness 8/10----------------
This product claims to be "an advanced nightime recovery system", to improve sleep cycles, and "enhances deep rest for maximum growth and recovery". When rating a products effectiveness it is critical to know what the product claims to do. I definitely believe this product was effective for me. I spent less time tossing and turning and more time snoozing. I never woke up groggy like some people stated. Since I worked out at night this product was good for me especially since I like to take pre workouts.

-----------------Side Effects10/10------------------
I had zero bad side effects. This product is very safe as long as you following the dosing protocol. Even at 2 servings there should be no issues.

------------------Conclusion---------------------
If your having trouble getting a good nights rest this product will definitely help. I would recommend this to anyone who needed a sleep enhancer unless they are having cash flow problems and in that case I would suggest "NOW" Gaba which can be bought for around $12. Since this product is basically a ZMA and sleep enhancer all rolled into one product, it is worth the investment.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
  • Less Soreness
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
    diguincoutor
      October 25, 2011

Taste - 9/10 - At first, I was disgusted. Then...I started to love it. Got the Orange Raspberry, which I figured would be gross, now I honestly wish I could drink it every day. Perhaps its the texture/consistency not the flavor, but I love this stuff.

- Haha, when i saw this from the guy below, i just laughed. It was the same with me. First days, OmG, you drink and ok, but the aftertaste, it's a trash. After a week, you're liking it, haha

Mixability - 8/10 - Well, the powder goes up the water, you need a little pacience to "get it down", but it mixes ok.

Effectiveness - 8/10 - Well, i can't say about the muscle part, 'cause i'm using lot's of new supps, so, i will only tell about the "Promotion Deep Sleeping". Yeah, you take it, after an hour, you're groggy, and sleep a lot. Deep sleep guarantee, but you may have strange dreams.

Value - 10/10 - If you use 1/2 scoop/night, cycling 5 on 2 off, it takes 2 months, so, it's not pricey.

Well, this stuff works, but i think it's not necessary if you have no problems to sleep.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Recovery
    • Promotes Deep Sleep
    • Maybe Fell Groggy Next Morning
      McGilla
        September 7, 2011

Mixability - 8/10 - Mixes very well, no clumps.

Effectiveness - 4/10 - I found ZERO consistency with this product. The first night I took it, I felt results the next morning...both good and bad. I felt little to no soreness, my muscles felt full...but I was GROGGY. BAD. I'm usually a chipper morning person, but this stuff made me sluggish. My girlfriend also says I was grunting loudly in my sleep and shoving/kicking her all night...gotta take her word on that. The next time I took it, it would not help me fall asleep at ALL. I was up probably an extra two hours, for no reason. My mind wasn't racing, my body was kind of relaxed, but I could NOT fall asleep. Since then the next dozen plus doses(always a full scoop), I've had the ups and downs, probably 25% of the time, waking up feeling my muscles relaxed and not sore, but a little groggy, 25% of the time feeling completely groggy after a complete crap night of sleep. The other 50% literally nothing happened, good or bad. Nothing in my routine changed in terms of taking this either, no food times, food amounts, exercise routine...nothing. I also did not get any "vivid dreams" or anything like that.

Value - 4/10 - Got this for $33. $33 for 20 doses of something that simply "barely" worked, is not acceptable.

Would not recommend this product at all. I honestly get better results from my old routine of nothing but a glass of orange juice before bed...
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Less Soreness
      • Sketchy Serving Size 1/2 Scoop.
      • Woke Up Feeling Very Groggy.
      Adonislike
        January 9, 2011

I was very excited to try this product because the reviews were mostly positive and the profile looks incredibly impressive. This is my first review on this site, or any other bb related site for that matter. I thought long and hard about posting this because my results were not what seems to be the norm, but regardless, I decided to post and will be posting more reviews on many other products. I will break it down into as many categories as possible that I feel are relevant. I exercise hard 5-6 days a week and do not use any caffeine or stimulants unless it is in a PWO I use and even then, I try to use one not engineered with a heavy dose of stims.

TASTE: I am not big on taste to be honest because I am a firm believer in if a supplement actually works, taste becomes irrelevant to me because I am going for
      results, not taste. However, the taste of this was unique to say the very least. I got the Orange Raspberry and it wasn't the greatest taste but it wasn't the worst either. It took about 5 times, but I did get use to the taste after awhile.

RESULTS: I did not have very positive results unfortunately. It didn't make me sleepy whatsoever, even after upping the dosage to 1 full scoop, then 1.5 scoops. Doing any more than 1.5 scoops would make the product impractical from a financial standpoint as the cost per serving would become very expensive and unaffordable in my opinion. My recovery didn't feel any different and on a couple of occasions, I felt worse after a hard workout during the day and taking this at night instead of a casein based protein blend or nothing at all. It did give me a couple nights of crazy dreams but I would wake up in the middle of the night and found it difficult to fall back asleep.

CONCLUSION: I am extremely disappointed in this product. Mainly because I had high hopes considering the profile. While it may have worked for many others, however it did nothing for me and my search continues for a new sleep aid and recovery supplement.
       Pros:
       Cons:
        • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
        • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
        ckluh
        Rep: -12
          December 18, 2010

Bulletproof is a very good product, the profile is great, ZMA is and should be a staple in most peoples supplement regimen for all of its benefits such as deep sleep, recovery, natural test boost.. 10 g's of protein, HGH/ night growth which contains the popular GABA, arginine, phenibut which i've only heard good things about. Recovery matrix includes all of the norms like glutamine, Beta Alanine, and cit. malate... EAA's as well.

Overall, if you want the best night recovery you can get use bulletproof, you will be less sore and have more energy in the morning, let alone wild dreams haha.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Recovery
        • Promotes Deep Sleep
        • Lean Mass
        • Less Soreness
        • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
        kubitzky10
          December 9, 2010

Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof: Advanced Night Time Recovery System "Dream Big, Grow Big"
        This is my third Muscle Pharm product, first being Assault, working on Combat still, then ofcourse Bullet Proof. I was interested in this through our good ole source Petey's Review. Seing that I kinda have trouble sleeping and this is supposed to help that.

-I would like to start off by saying that I bought this from BodyBuilding.com and they really ***ed me off. I still love the website, but the made me mad. The reason being is that on BodyBuilding.com it says there is 40 servings and a serving size is 1 scoop. When I recieved it, it's in the little bottle and it says there's 40 servings, but 1/2 scoop is a serving. Muscle Pharms is really sketch about their serving sizes. They shoulda just made a littler scooper and I'd be happy.
        -Ok on to the review!!

-Taste(7/10)- The taste was Orange Rasberry but taste nothing like orange rasperry. It taste nothing like oranges nor rasperrys. The first time I took it I was like this is actually pretty good. Day after that I was like this is horrible. I don't know what happened. About one week later I got used to the taste. To me I don't really know what exactly it taste like, but it's very tangy.

-Mixability(6/10)- Tried with a spoon and a shaker bottle. There was always a good bit of residue left over. I even upped the water levels. It's worse than creatine, but grow up and get over it.

-Effectiveness(5.5/10)- I'd like to brake this down into 3 cattegories. (1)Deep Sleep, (2)Recovery, (3)Wild Dreams. Ok (1) Deep Sleep- I took this on a completely empty stomach and I'd lay in bed in the dark about 30 minutes later. I felt normal and it didn't make me sleepy or relaxed. I did notice though, that it was harder for me to get up in the mornings, and I didn't feel groggy. (2)Recovery- I didn't really notice an increase in recovery at all. Maybe a slight bit, but nothing that it claims to do. Gluta-Lyn worked way better for me than this. (3)Vivid/Crazy Dreams- It was kinda sketchy and don't know if it was due to this. I only got them occasionaly. One, I was at the lake catching pokemon with my hands...wierd.. Another, I was getting shot by big black rabbits. Another, my little bro drowned in the lake and that just freaked me out. I think I may have had 1-2 more vivid dreams, but nothing I can recall, so don't know if they were due to this.

(Value)7/10- I mean, although it didn't work for me I don't wanna diss the products ingredients because it is pretty impressive. I mean it has a blend of ZMA, Amino Acid Blend, Night Growth Matrix Blend, Muscle Recovery Matrix Blend. Sitting here at my empy bottle at the ingredients, it really does have some great stuff in it. I don't know if it's not enough for me, or that I got a bad batch, or it just want' for me, but I was very dissapointed with it.

Couple Key Pros and Cons of Bullet Proof:
        Pros:
        *Some-what vidid dreams.
        *Impressive ingredients.
        Cons:
        *Funky Tasting.
        *$35 for basically 20 servings.
        *Not an increase in recovery.
        *Sketchy serving size.
        *DIdn't make me calm/relaxed.
        *Muscle Pharm seems to be really overated and hyped up.

-Overall, I don't wanna say not to try this just b/c I didn't like it. I may try it in the future, but it will be a while. I say if you have the money to give it a try, b/c I've read some really great reviews on it.
        Another kinda let down product by Muscle Pharm for me. Was really hoping big things from them. I was suprised it didn't work well just by the ingredients. Erything is a propietary blend so I'm not sure if there was even enough to effect me. But whatever you should try for yourselfes! Good Luck!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
        • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
        • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
        • Didn't Make Me Sleepy
        shizouse13
        Rep: -13
          October 6, 2010

Really I dont know what to say about this product. I had high expectations but really didn't see much out of it. Was hard to find because several sites had it on backorder as I was lucky enough to find it on allstarhealt.com for a better price than any others. The taste was a bit weird and left little crystals at the bottom. I like the idea that it had a substantial amounts of bcaas and a little bit of protein just wish it was casein if the product is suppose to promote better sleep. At times this product did work but not at my expectations. I had to consume 2 scoops to kinda feel it however it did not really make me sleepy just put me in a minor relaxive state but when I slept it gave some weird dreams not as weird as PowerFULL though. Overall, I wouldnt really recommend it and really depended on this product to help me with my sleep. I know you guys told me about ZMA but I need something that really focuses on sleep (tried melatonin).
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Recovery
        • Lean Mass
        • Less Soreness
        • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
        • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.