Bullet Proof Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

6.8
10 17

Bullet Proof is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Muscle Pharm. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth. This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Arnold Iron Dream
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

petey7408

November 20, 2009

Bullet Proof by Muscle Pharm is an advanced nighttime recovery formula. The benefits are: Restful sleep for optimal growth, enhanced recovery and muscle repair, and increased stimulation of natural HGH levels.
-What does it do (Product Claims)? -
* Stimulates Growth Hormone production
* Promotes deeper sleep and vivid dreams
* Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue
* Enhanced Libido in Both Sexes
* Relief from Many Forms of Pain
- What’s In it? -
- HGH And Night Growth Matrix:
* L-Arginine HCL.
* Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
* 4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut)
* Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa)
* L-Phenylalanine
* L-Tyrosine
* ZMA Blend
* Zinc (As Monomethione And Asparate)
* Magnesium (As Asparate)
* Vitamin B-6 (As Pyridoxine HCL)
- Essential Amino Acid Blend:
L-Theronine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL
- Muscle Recovery Matrix:
* L-Glutamine
* HMB
* Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate
* Beta Alanine
* Citrulline Malate
* Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%
- What were my personal results? -
* Taste: 9.2/10
-Orange/Raspberry – at first I couldn’t figure out the flavor, not really orange and not quite raspberry. It grows on you though and I think that it tastes more like honeydew melon.
* Ingredients: 9.7/10
- Excellent ingredient profile as you can see above.
* Effectiveness: 9.8/10
- The first week of using Bullet Proof, it hit me in a matter of 15-20 minutes. could seriously feel the relaxation setting in. I started to adapt a little bit the second week, but I still had deep sleep and felt great in the morning. I have been having some of the best recovery of my life while using this product.
* Price: 9/10
- It may seem a little steep upon first glance, but for the effectiveness of this product , the price is well worth it.
* Mixability: 8.9/10
- Mixes pretty well. There’s usually a couple grains at the bottom of the shaker, but a couple extra shakes takes care of it.
* Overall: 9.8/10
- I really loved this stuff. I cycle it 5 days on, 2 days off like the container suggests. I must say that I wish I could take this every night. Highly recommended for anyone looking to have a deeper night’s sleep to optimize their natural hormone levels.
-AP
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
kubitzky10
  December 9, 2010

Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof: Advanced Night Time Recovery System "Dream Big, Grow Big"
This is my third Muscle Pharm product, first being Assault, working on Combat still, then ofcourse Bullet Proof. I was interested in this through our good ole source Petey's Review. Seing that I kinda have trouble sleeping and this is supposed to help that.

-I would like to start off by saying that I bought this from BodyBuilding.com and they really ***ed me off. I still love the website, but the made me mad. The reason being is that on BodyBuilding.com it says there is 40 servings and a serving size is 1 scoop. When I recieved it, it's in the little bottle and it says there's 40 servings, but 1/2 scoop is a serving. Muscle Pharms is really sketch about their serving sizes. They shoulda just made a littler scooper and I'd be happy.
-Ok on to the review!!

-Taste(7/10)- The taste was Orange Rasberry but taste nothing like orange rasperry. It taste nothing like oranges nor rasperrys. The first time I took it I was like this is actually pretty good. Day after that I was like this is horrible. I don't know what happened. About one week later I got used to the taste. To me I don't really know what exactly it taste like, but it's very tangy.

-Mixability(6/10)- Tried with a spoon and a shaker bottle. There was always a good bit of residue left over. I even upped the water levels. It's worse than creatine, but grow up and get over it.

-Effectiveness(5.5/10)- I'd like to brake this down into 3 cattegories. (1)Deep Sleep, (2)Recovery, (3)Wild Dreams. Ok (1) Deep Sleep- I took this on a completely empty stomach and I'd lay in bed in the dark about 30 minutes later. I felt normal and it didn't make me sleepy or relaxed. I did notice though, that it was harder for me to get up in the mornings, and I didn't feel groggy. (2)Recovery- I didn't really notice an increase in recovery at all. Maybe a slight bit, but nothing that it claims to do. Gluta-Lyn worked way better for me than this. (3)Vivid/Crazy Dreams- It was kinda sketchy and don't know if it was due to this. I only got them occasionaly. One, I was at the lake catching pokemon with my hands...wierd.. Another, I was getting shot by big black rabbits. Another, my little bro drowned in the lake and that just freaked me out. I think I may have had 1-2 more vivid dreams, but nothing I can recall, so don't know if they were due to this.

(Value)7/10- I mean, although it didn't work for me I don't wanna diss the products ingredients because it is pretty impressive. I mean it has a blend of ZMA, Amino Acid Blend, Night Growth Matrix Blend, Muscle Recovery Matrix Blend. Sitting here at my empy bottle at the ingredients, it really does have some great stuff in it. I don't know if it's not enough for me, or that I got a bad batch, or it just want' for me, but I was very dissapointed with it.

Couple Key Pros and Cons of Bullet Proof:
Pros:
*Some-what vidid dreams.
*Impressive ingredients.
Cons:
*Funky Tasting.
*$35 for basically 20 servings.
*Not an increase in recovery.
*Sketchy serving size.
*DIdn't make me calm/relaxed.
*Muscle Pharm seems to be really overated and hyped up.

-Overall, I don't wanna say not to try this just b/c I didn't like it. I may try it in the future, but it will be a while. I say if you have the money to give it a try, b/c I've read some really great reviews on it.
Another kinda let down product by Muscle Pharm for me. Was really hoping big things from them. I was suprised it didn't work well just by the ingredients. Erything is a propietary blend so I'm not sure if there was even enough to effect me. But whatever you should try for yourselfes! Good Luck!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
  • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
  • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
  • Didn't Make Me Sleepy
bnichols25
  September 1, 2012

Hello SR

TIme to review a product that I enjoyed and I hope that this review helps answers some questions. I know this product has quite a few reviews but since the "Expert Reviewers" and the regular reviewers ratings differ some I hope this helps sheds some light :)

------------------Background-----------------
Prior to taking Bullet Proof I had tried some "NOW" brand Gaba and really enjoyed the restful sleep I got from it so I though I would give BP a try. I did not begin BP immediately after so that I wouldn't possibly build a tolerance.

-----------------Dosage N/A-------------------
I maintained the half a scoop dose the entire time I used Bullet Proof. I really wish I had tried a full scoop near the end of my tub but for some reason I never did. I always got good rest but I wish I had experimented a little.

-----------------Ingredients 9/10----------------
I will just go over the main ingredients since there are so many.
Gamma Amino Butryic Acid (Gaba)- Considered an amino acid and but promotes deep sleep
ZMA blend- enhances deep sleeping for most people and supposedly increases strength gains
Mucuna Puriens Extract- Increases HGH and promotes deep sleep
Various Amino acids and Bcaa's- Puts muscles in anabolic state and promotes muscle growth

----------------Value 8/10---------------------
For around $30ish you can get 40 servings of BP. For me that was a pretty good deal but since a lot of people use more than a half a scoop I could understand why it could be seen as expensive.

-----------------Taste 9/10-------------------
I bought the grape flavor and thought it was great. I usually do not take flavor into account for my ratings unless it is unbelievably bad or good.

----------------Effectiveness 8/10----------------
This product claims to be "an advanced nightime recovery system", to improve sleep cycles, and "enhances deep rest for maximum growth and recovery". When rating a products effectiveness it is critical to know what the product claims to do. I definitely believe this product was effective for me. I spent less time tossing and turning and more time snoozing. I never woke up groggy like some people stated. Since I worked out at night this product was good for me especially since I like to take pre workouts.

-----------------Side Effects10/10------------------
I had zero bad side effects. This product is very safe as long as you following the dosing protocol. Even at 2 servings there should be no issues.

------------------Conclusion---------------------
If your having trouble getting a good nights rest this product will definitely help. I would recommend this to anyone who needed a sleep enhancer unless they are having cash flow problems and in that case I would suggest "NOW" Gaba which can be bought for around $12. Since this product is basically a ZMA and sleep enhancer all rolled into one product, it is worth the investment.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
  • Less Soreness
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
    Spdgreddy86
      April 27, 2010

This Product worked great for me. 1-2 scoops was all I ever used and I got the best sleep in my life. Felt great upon waking up. Muscle recovery was great. Crazy Dreams but they were pretty cool. Mixing was a little difficult at times, but it was never a frustraighing problem..The taste is a little strange ( Grape Fusion ) but also no big deal. It is on the expensive side but It deffinatly worked for me. I love it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Recovery
    • Promotes Deep Sleep
    • Wild Dreams
    • Less Soreness
    • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
    Adonislike

January 9, 2011

I was very excited to try this product because the reviews were mostly positive and the profile looks incredibly impressive. This is my first review on this site, or any other bb related site for that matter. I thought long and hard about posting this because my results were not what seems to be the norm, but regardless, I decided to post and will be posting more reviews on many other products. I will break it down into as many categories as possible that I feel are relevant. I exercise hard 5-6 days a week and do not use any caffeine or stimulants unless it is in a PWO I use and even then, I try to use one not engineered with a heavy dose of stims.

TASTE: I am not big on taste to be honest because I am a firm believer in if a supplement actually works, taste becomes irrelevant to me because I am going for
    results, not taste. However, the taste of this was unique to say the very least. I got the Orange Raspberry and it wasn't the greatest taste but it wasn't the worst either. It took about 5 times, but I did get use to the taste after awhile.

RESULTS: I did not have very positive results unfortunately. It didn't make me sleepy whatsoever, even after upping the dosage to 1 full scoop, then 1.5 scoops. Doing any more than 1.5 scoops would make the product impractical from a financial standpoint as the cost per serving would become very expensive and unaffordable in my opinion. My recovery didn't feel any different and on a couple of occasions, I felt worse after a hard workout during the day and taking this at night instead of a casein based protein blend or nothing at all. It did give me a couple nights of crazy dreams but I would wake up in the middle of the night and found it difficult to fall back asleep.

CONCLUSION: I am extremely disappointed in this product. Mainly because I had high hopes considering the profile. While it may have worked for many others, however it did nothing for me and my search continues for a new sleep aid and recovery supplement.
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
      • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
      celtics
        August 5, 2010

Hey everybody. I bought this product because lately I haven't been sleeping that well, and I was hoping this would get me back on track for school this semester. I bought this at Vitamin Shoppe for something like $41, which is kind of pricey but I read it was overall a great product, so I decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed when opening the can was the strange smell, (btw i bought the grape fusion flavor), and it smelled like chili powder and grape soda lol, but seriously. The taste is salty,chalky, but tastes like grape soda. So not really bad, not really good. Also, it left salty like crystals at the bottom of the cup when I mixed it, that would not dissolve and were horrible to the taste.

I used 1 scoop the first night, and within a few minutes I started feeling relaxed. It wasn't anything overwhelming at all, and honestly I've gotten more tired from melatonin and herbal blends. Sleep quality wasn't that much different than not taking anything at all, and I still woke up plenty of times in the night. I bumped it up to 1 1/2 scoops and eventually 2 scoops, with basically the same result. I've thought about taking it back but I figure it's a good amino blend, and it makes me mildly relaxed at night, so I decided to just keep it.

Overall, I would not buy this product again. I might try some other sleep formulas for GH production, etc. But this product wasn't strong enough for me. I didn't deep sleep like a lot of people said they experienced. When I take melatonin I sleep really deep...strange. But anyways it might work for some people, some not. But that's my honest review. Thanks for reading, if anyone did.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Smells Funky
      Ryanthehun
        February 14, 2010

Just finished the tub. I did the 5:2 day cycle, Ill go with the negative first then end positive.
      My biggest complaint is that its expensive for a ZMAlike product. I think that most of the money is going towards their image and fancy label, if MP didnt spend so much on marketing it would be a lot cheaper and just let a quality product market itself. It also has maltodextrin in it, i try to stay away from malto whenever i can. I think that if I bought some ZMA caps, amino powder and some GABA and stacked those I could probably get just as good of a night time recovery if not better than this and get a lot more servings and save a lot of money at the same time. Its a thought and it will be my next experiment, if that idea doesnt work then i will be buying more bulletproof. Now for the positive, Sleep is awesome, Heres a play by play: I hit it an hour before i go to bed, then 30-45 min later i can feel very relaxed and can tell its working. I didnt get the knock out punch that some other people had but it did relax me. Then after an hour i took it i hit my casein then i go to bed. The dreams are crazy, I cant remember all of them all i do remember is that they were just wild. I usually toss and turn at night and dont sleep all that well but when i took this i rarely woke up at night which is a huge plus and when i woke up the next morning i felt very refreshed and ready to take on the day. I did put on muscle while using this HOWEVER I am also running 3 other types of Protein, kre-alk, and my own blend of aminos so i dont think its fair to credit bulletproof with the muscle gain but i do think that it should be noted. Alot of people judge on taste i personally dont, my credo is if it works then i dont care what it tastes like. I tried the orange raspberry and it was tasty, it tastes like honeydew melon. BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend this to someone if they had the cash, if not, a regular ZMA might be a better alternative. If you dont mind spending the money then its worth it because the sleep is great.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Promotes Deep Sleep
      • Wild Dreams
      ckluh
      Rep: -12
        December 18, 2010

Bulletproof is a very good product, the profile is great, ZMA is and should be a staple in most peoples supplement regimen for all of its benefits such as deep sleep, recovery, natural test boost.. 10 g's of protein, HGH/ night growth which contains the popular GABA, arginine, phenibut which i've only heard good things about. Recovery matrix includes all of the norms like glutamine, Beta Alanine, and cit. malate... EAA's as well.

Overall, if you want the best night recovery you can get use bulletproof, you will be less sore and have more energy in the morning, let alone wild dreams haha.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Promotes Deep Sleep
      • Lean Mass
      • Less Soreness
      • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
      wookie48
        February 18, 2010

(Note this review is being made under the realization that different supplements work for different folks)
      *Stacked this with MP Battle Fuel, and Jacked
      This supplement worked pretty terrible for me. I could handle it for about three days until I had to take it back. I took it like it said but I guess with all the herbs on the Battle Fuel and the I might not have a high tolerance to this paticualr product I actually felt worse the morning after. I get better recovery drinking a glutamine and Protein shake before bed than this. LIke I said though this is just me and from the verdict here in military town its one of the most returned product due to it makes people feel like @ss. The product is expensive and the taste is pretty bad but I never judge a product based on taste as to some of the best products I have used tasted like crap. I would def recommend the swimming pool method on this one. Get it and try it for a few, if it screws you up take it back andvice versa. I wont ever get it again.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Promotes Deep Sleep
      • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
      • Made Me Feel Aweful The Next Morning
      HeavyArms
      Rep: -20
        July 24, 2014

Oh yes the devil beside you that is GABA

Bulletproof yet another drink that requires to be chilled before serving but oh so worth a minimal of effort.

Was a bit indecisive about trying something that was rasp/orange but not to shabby. Tad strong on the rasp side but worth it. Im a ZMA man through and through love the dreaming and recovery aspect all together. Not a huge fan of one more drink before bed but. The deepness of relaxation down to the joints that I worked out are impressive. 30 mins after I down a cup. Short shaker 4 cubes ice shake and let simmer for 4 mins to disolve. I can feel my knees and shoulders begin to tingle. At first I was alarmed my bp was sky rocketing but come to find out its all apart of the recovery and rehabilitation. Few crazy life like dreams and I would come out of this comma like silly putty. All soreness was gone and the morning was fresh. I would get out of bed hearing the cracking of every vertibre like a raptor waking up from the den. Killed the potential soreness, left some serious eye gunk, and felt like a batch of fresh made dough.

Did everything I was expecting from a ZMA but better. More deep and restful and more willing to press harder with out questions of "oh I was sore here this morning should I hit it again?"

Taste ehh I gave my best guidance on that one to help. Carry on folks.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Full Nights Recovery
      • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
      • Feel Ready For Another Workout In The Morning
      • Less Soreness
      • Wild Dreams
      • Mix With Ice