Bullet Proof

By Muscle Pharm
Bullet Proof Muscle Pharm
6.9/10
(Weighted average based on 37 Reviews)

Ranks #33 of 38 (better than 14%)
in Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

petey7408

Mixes pretty well

Bullet Proof by Muscle Pharm is an advanced nighttime recovery formula. The benefits are: Restful sleep for optimal growth, enhanced recovery and muscle repair, and increased stimulation of natural HGH levels.
-What does it do (Product Claims)? -
* Stimulates Growth Hormone production
* Promotes deeper sleep and vivid dreams
* Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue
* Enhanced Libido in Both Sexes
* Relief from Many Forms of Pain
- What’s In it? -
- HGH And Night Growth Matrix:
* L-Arginine HCL.
* Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
* 4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut)
* Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa)
* L-Phenylalanine
* L-Tyrosine
* ZMA Blend
* Zinc (As Monomethione And Asparate)
* Magnesium (As Asparate)
* Vitamin B-6 (As Pyridoxine HCL)
- Essential Amino Acid Blend:
L-Theronine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL
- Muscle Recovery Matrix:
* L-Glutamine
* HMB
* Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate
* Beta Alanine
* Citrulline Malate
* Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%
- What were my personal results? -
* Taste: 9.2/10
-Orange/Raspberry – at first I couldn’t figure out the flavor, not really orange and not quite raspberry. It grows on you though and I think that it tastes more like honeydew melon.
* Ingredients: 9.7/10
- Excellent ingredient profile as you can see above.
* Effectiveness: 9.8/10
- The first week of using Bullet Proof, it hit me in a matter of 15-20 minutes. could seriously feel the relaxation setting in. I started to adapt a little bit the second week, but I still had deep sleep and felt great in the morning. I have been having some of the best recovery of my life while using this product.
* Price: 9/10
- It may seem a little steep upon first glance, but for the effectiveness of this product , the price is well worth it.
* Mixability: 8.9/10
- Mixes pretty well. There’s usually a couple grains at the bottom of the shaker, but a couple extra shakes takes care of it.
* Overall: 9.8/10
- I really loved this stuff. I cycle it 5 days on, 2 days off like the container suggests. I must say that I wish I could take this every night. Highly recommended for anyone looking to have a deeper night’s sleep to optimize their natural hormone levels.
-AP

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Promotes Deep Sleep

Posted November 20, 2009
hey petey, ive read a LOT of your replies & all of your product reviews & was hoping i could get your personal opinion on some supps. i just joined this site & unless i missed it, i cant seem to p.m. you, which would be cool but i guess thats not possible. thanks man.

Posted November 20, 2009
Been wondering about this and wanted to try it great review and most likely will

Posted November 20, 2009
I'm just curious, are you still taking this? The reason I;m asking is I just started taking SNS Phenibut XT mainly for sleep. I love the way it works but you should only take that much Phenibut 2 nights in a row, then skip it for 1 or 2 nights. I take ZMA and time release melatonin on the nights I don't use Phenibut.

Generally I love SR reviews because they are so focused but I haven't found anyone reviewing Bullet Proof who has been able to find out how much Phenibut is in it. I watch much dosage of Phenibut, usually 1.0 gram is enough to get me real deep sleep with that rested recovery feeling in the morning.

It seems like Bullet Proof just throws a hodge podge of "whatever" together, doesn't publish the dosages and it works for some, less well for others. Also I'm reluctant to start using stuff like HMB until I'm ready to monitor its effects more closely.

It sounds like your review is saying that Bullet Proof "works for me" and it's great that the stuff I need for sleep and recovery is bundled together in a great way for convenience.

The reason I'm making a big deal about this is I have chronic sleep probs, ZMA, Melatonin, Skullcap kind of, sort of work. ZMA makes me feel tired but I still wake up after 4 - 5 hours. GABA makes me hyper. Phenibut is hands down the winner for me but you can't take it every night.

I have a PhD in insomnia so I'm always looking for other solutions out there.

Thanks

Posted November 20, 2009
"I have a PhD in insomnia" -- just to clarify I didn't STUDY insomnia but I've been trying to deal with it for a long time. I hate having to use Nyquil just to conk out on nights I can't get back to sleep and I've been told prescription sleep aids are addictive and make you sleep walk.

Posted November 20, 2009
Did you notice anything in the morning after you woke up? Did u feel or look any better after you woke up? I was reading reviews on lecheeks mass HGH and it claims to do similar things as Bullet Proof and the main thing that people talked about on their Mass HGH reviews was that it made them feel and look much better in the morning. They claimed that on top of the better sleep and recovery that they woke up looking like they were still pumped from the gym and feeling great in the mornings. Did u experience any of this with Bullet Proof?

Overall, I don't wanna say not to try this just b/c I didn't like it

Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof: Advanced Night Time Recovery System "Dream Big, Grow Big"
This is my third Muscle Pharm product, first being Assault, working on Combat still, then ofcourse Bullet Proof. I was interested in this through our good ole source Petey's Review. Seing that I kinda have trouble sleeping and this is supposed to help that.

-I would like to start off by saying that I bought this from BodyBuilding.com and they really ***ed me off. I still love the website, but the made me mad. The reason being is that on BodyBuilding.com it says there is 40 servings and a serving size is 1 scoop. When I recieved it, it's in the little bottle and it says there's 40 servings, but 1/2 scoop is a serving. Muscle Pharms is really sketch about their serving sizes. They shoulda just made a littler scooper and I'd be happy.
-Ok on to the review!!

-Taste(7/10)- The taste was Orange Rasberry but taste nothing like orange rasperry. It taste nothing like oranges nor rasperrys. The first time I took it I was like this is actually pretty good. Day after that I was like this is horrible. I don't know what happened. About one week later I got used to the taste. To me I don't really know what exactly it taste like, but it's very tangy.

-Mixability(6/10)- Tried with a spoon and a shaker bottle. There was always a good bit of residue left over. I even upped the water levels. It's worse than creatine, but grow up and get over it.

-Effectiveness(5.5/10)- I'd like to brake this down into 3 cattegories. (1)Deep Sleep, (2)Recovery, (3)Wild Dreams. Ok (1) Deep Sleep- I took this on a completely empty stomach and I'd lay in bed in the dark about 30 minutes later. I felt normal and it didn't make me sleepy or relaxed. I did notice though, that it was harder for me to get up in the mornings, and I didn't feel groggy. (2)Recovery- I didn't really notice an increase in recovery at all. Maybe a slight bit, but nothing that it claims to do. Gluta-Lyn worked way better for me than this. (3)Vivid/Crazy Dreams- It was kinda sketchy and don't know if it was due to this. I only got them occasionaly. One, I was at the lake catching pokemon with my hands...wierd.. Another, I was getting shot by big black rabbits. Another, my little bro drowned in the lake and that just freaked me out. I think I may have had 1-2 more vivid dreams, but nothing I can recall, so don't know if they were due to this.

(Value)7/10- I mean, although it didn't work for me I don't wanna diss the products ingredients because it is pretty impressive. I mean it has a blend of ZMA, Amino Acid Blend, Night Growth Matrix Blend, Muscle Recovery Matrix Blend. Sitting here at my empy bottle at the ingredients, it really does have some great stuff in it. I don't know if it's not enough for me, or that I got a bad batch, or it just want' for me, but I was very dissapointed with it.

Couple Key Pros and Cons of Bullet Proof:
Pros:
*Some-what vidid dreams.
*Impressive ingredients.
Cons:
*Funky Tasting.
*$35 for basically 20 servings.
*Not an increase in recovery.
*Sketchy serving size.
*DIdn't make me calm/relaxed.
*Muscle Pharm seems to be really overated and hyped up.

-Overall, I don't wanna say not to try this just b/c I didn't like it. I may try it in the future, but it will be a while. I say if you have the money to give it a try, b/c I've read some really great reviews on it.
Another kinda let down product by Muscle Pharm for me. Was really hoping big things from them. I was suprised it didn't work well just by the ingredients. Erything is a propietary blend so I'm not sure if there was even enough to effect me. But whatever you should try for yourselfes! Good Luck!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.
  • Didn't Make Me Sleepy
  • Sketchy Serving Size 1/2 Scoop.
  • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
  • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable

IamAlex

Posted December 9, 2010
To me, $35 seems steep for only 20 servings.

Posted December 9, 2010
"Technically it's 40, but half a scoop is a serving..really sketch.. Also, you gotta look at erything in it.

Nice reveiw bro.

jmlstocks

Posted December 9, 2010
Good review man! I do think that Gluta-lyn is putting a lot of other amino acid products to shame.

krim

Posted December 9, 2010
Hahaha, in a lake catching pokemon, that's a good one man. Good review, hope it works well for me.

DNRCMO

Posted December 10, 2010
You paid for 40 servings and got 40 servings right? Or was the container smaller and you got screwed on servings? If they make the scooper smaller then the serving would be 2 scoops and you'd end up with 20 still. Not trying to be an ass, more trying to clarify the servings idea. Thanx.

Posted December 10, 2010
Yes, I paid for 40 serrvings. But only 20 scoops. I said I wish they woulda made the scooper that when its "FILLED UP" equals 1 serving. Not a scooper that if you feel it up is 2 servings. I don't like that at all. Same with assault.
Its really sketchy. Why not just make a scooper to fit the serving size?

taysab23

Posted December 10, 2010
seems realy similar to the nighttime igf 1 i took. Cept mine was pill form. The first week i didn't notice anything.. but after that I started sleeping super deep, and having the most vivid fed up dreams ever!!! Also it was soo hard to get up in the morning. i'm a super light sleeper and usually am up in a minute, but it would take me like two hours to shake the grogginess.. but unlike you I did notice a huge recovery in my workouts. I seemed to recover super quick in between sets. Although I was super tired, i would have the edge to keep going. I do agree that muscle pharm is alot of hype.. not as bad as muscletech.. but def not up to the grade of some supp companies. Should try something else next time.. like maybe animal pm... good review broski.

Posted December 10, 2010
haha dude thats crazy bro! The entire time i was reading what you said to me I was like i'm gonna reply that I'm gonna give Animal PM a try, and very last sentence. You should try Animal PM! Haha thats crazy

It is worth the investment

Hello SR

TIme to review a product that I enjoyed and I hope that this review helps answers some questions. I know this product has quite a few reviews but since the "Expert Reviewers" and the regular reviewers ratings differ some I hope this helps sheds some light :)

------------------Background-----------------
Hello SR

------------------Background-----------------
Prior to taking Bullet Proof I had tried some "NOW" brand Gaba and really enjoyed the restful sleep I got from it so I though I would give BP a try. I did not begin BP immediately after so that I wouldn't possibly build a tolerance.

-----------------Dosage N/A-------------------
I maintained the half a scoop dose the entire time I used Bullet Proof. I really wish I had tried a full scoop near the end of my tub but for some reason I never did. I always got good rest but I wish I had experimented a little.

-----------------Ingredients 9/10----------------
I will just go over the main ingredients since there are so many.
Gamma Amino Butryic Acid (Gaba)- Considered an amino acid and but promotes deep sleep
ZMA blend- enhances deep sleeping for most people and supposedly increases strength gains
Mucuna Puriens Extract- Increases HGH and promotes deep sleep
Various Amino acids and Bcaa's- Puts muscles in anabolic state and promotes muscle growth

----------------Value 8/10---------------------
For around $30ish you can get 40 servings of BP. For me that was a pretty good deal but since a lot of people use more than a half a scoop I could understand why it could be seen as expensive.

-----------------Taste 9/10-------------------
I bought the grape flavor and thought it was great. I usually do not take flavor into account for my ratings unless it is unbelievably bad or good.

----------------Effectiveness 8/10----------------
This product claims to be "an advanced nightime recovery system", to improve sleep cycles, and "enhances deep rest for maximum growth and recovery". When rating a products effectiveness it is critical to know what the product claims to do. I definitely believe this product was effective for me. I spent less time tossing and turning and more time snoozing. I never woke up groggy like some people stated. Since I worked out at night this product was good for me especially since I like to take pre workouts.

-----------------Side Effects10/10------------------
I had zero bad side effects. This product is very safe as long as you following the dosing protocol. Even at 2 servings there should be no issues.

------------------Conclusion---------------------
If your having trouble getting a good nights rest this product will definitely help. I would recommend this to anyone who needed a sleep enhancer unless they are having cash flow problems and in that case I would suggest "NOW" Gaba which can be bought for around $12. Since this product is basically a ZMA and sleep enhancer all rolled into one product, it is worth the investment.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Promotes Deep Sleep
  • Less Soreness
  • Occasional Dreams. Nice Ingredients.

Posted September 1, 2012
    Nice Review, Bro! Taking this right now at a full scoop. I'm getting great sleep and recovery too. Only side effect of BP is that it makes my poo really green haha

Posted September 1, 2012
    ha i never got dat green dookie. Must be cause your taking a full scoop!

This Product worked great for me

This Product worked great for me. 1-2 scoops was all I ever used and I got the best sleep in my life. Felt great upon waking up. Muscle recovery was great. Crazy Dreams but they were pretty cool. Mixing was a little difficult at times, but it was never a frustraighing problem..The taste is a little strange ( Grape Fusion ) but also no big deal. It is on the expensive side but It deffinatly worked for me. I love it.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Recovery
    • Promotes Deep Sleep
    • Wild Dreams
    • Less Soreness
    • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable

I am extremely disappointed in this product

I was very excited to try this product because the reviews were mostly positive and the profile looks incredibly impressive. This is my first review on this site, or any other bb related site for that matter. I thought long and hard about posting this because my results were not what seems to be the norm, but regardless, I decided to post and will be posting more reviews on many other products. I will break it down into as many categories as possible that I feel are relevant. I exercise hard 5-6 days a week and do not use any caffeine or stimulants unless it is in a PWO I use and even then, I try to use one not engineered with a heavy dose of stims.

TASTE: I am not big on taste to be honest because I am a firm believer in if a supplement actually works, taste becomes irrelevant to me because I am going for
    results, not taste. However, the taste of this was unique to say the very least. I got the Orange Raspberry and it wasn't the greatest taste but it wasn't the worst either. It took about 5 times, but I did get use to the taste after awhile.

RESULTS: I did not have very positive results unfortunately. It didn't make me sleepy whatsoever, even after upping the dosage to 1 full scoop, then 1.5 scoops. Doing any more than 1.5 scoops would make the product impractical from a financial standpoint as the cost per serving would become very expensive and unaffordable in my opinion. My recovery didn't feel any different and on a couple of occasions, I felt worse after a hard workout during the day and taking this at night instead of a casein based protein blend or nothing at all. It did give me a couple nights of crazy dreams but I would wake up in the middle of the night and found it difficult to fall back asleep.

CONCLUSION: I am extremely disappointed in this product. Mainly because I had high hopes considering the profile. While it may have worked for many others, however it did nothing for me and my search continues for a new sleep aid and recovery supplement.

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To
      • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable
      • Sketchy Serving Size 1/2 Scoop.

venom434

Posted January 9, 2011
      i've never tried this, but good first review and welcome to the site.

Thanks man

Posted January 9, 2011
      need sleep?....ZMA...I use ON's and can hardly get out of bed in the am.

Posted January 9, 2011
      I should say...ON has the right ammounts of ZMA to be effective.

celtics

I would not buy this product again

Hey everybody. I bought this product because lately I haven't been sleeping that well, and I was hoping this would get me back on track for school this semester. I bought this at Vitamin Shoppe for something like $41, which is kind of pricey but I read it was overall a great product, so I decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed when opening the can was the strange smell, (btw i bought the grape fusion flavor), and it smelled like chili powder and grape soda lol, but seriously. The taste is salty,chalky, but tastes like grape soda. So not really bad, not really good. Also, it left salty like crystals at the bottom of the cup when I mixed it, that would not dissolve and were horrible to the taste.

I used 1 scoop the first night, and within a few minutes I started feeling relaxed. It wasn't anything overwhelming at all, and honestly I've gotten more tired from melatonin and herbal blends. Sleep quality wasn't that much different than not taking anything at all, and I still woke up plenty of times in the night. I bumped it up to 1 1/2 scoops and eventually 2 scoops, with basically the same result. I've thought about taking it back but I figure it's a good amino blend, and it makes me mildly relaxed at night, so I decided to just keep it.

Overall, I would not buy this product again. I might try some other sleep formulas for GH production, etc. But this product wasn't strong enough for me. I didn't deep sleep like a lot of people said they experienced. When I take melatonin I sleep really deep...strange. But anyways it might work for some people, some not. But that's my honest review. Thanks for reading, if anyone did.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Smells Funky

dammit

Posted August 5, 2010
      Sorry to hear this didn't work for you and I agree that melatonin works quite well for me as well. I would add that if you have not yet tried ZMA, that is perhaps my most effective and thus favorite night-time sleep and recovery aid. I use ON's brand but even the GNC brand worked well for me.

One thing to note however is that in your review, you said it did not work for you (almost at all apparently) yet you were rather generous and gave it an 8 for effectiveness and a 7 for overall. To me, if a product did not work, I would rank it based on results and from what you've written, I would have given it around a 4-5 depending on whether you saw any results at all. Although it may certainly help many people, your score of an 8 will now be factored in as quite favorable for those looking at the supplement for reviews. I hope that made sense.

Posted August 5, 2010
      good review man make me question whether I should still purchase this or not because I have tried melatonin before and honestly did not get any deep sleeps at all and figured this might do the job. So I hope it does

celtics

Posted August 5, 2010
      the reason i gave it an 8 for effectiveness because i consider this more of an amino acid blend, and i'm actually a lot less sore since i've been using this. it DID help me get relaxed, but nothing leading to deep sleep. but yeah i understand i should've given it a lower score. sorry about that, i'm still a little new to this site. thanks for the replies though!

Posted August 5, 2010
      just a note BULLETPROOF has a zma blend

Just finished the tub. I did the 5:2 day cycle, Ill go with the negative first then end positive.
      My biggest complaint is that its expensive for a ZMAlike product. I think that most of the money is going towards their image and fancy label, if MP didnt spend so much on marketing it would be a lot cheaper and just let a quality product market itself. It also has maltodextrin in it, i try to stay away from malto whenever i can. I think that if I bought some ZMA caps, amino powder and some GABA and stacked those I could probably get just as good of a night time recovery if not better than this and get a lot more servings and save a lot of money at the same time. Its a thought and it will be my next experiment, if that idea doesnt work then i will be buying more bulletproof. Now for the positive, Sleep is awesome, Heres a play by play: I hit it an hour before i go to bed, then 30-45 min later i can feel very relaxed and can tell its working. I didnt get the knock out punch that some other people had but it did relax me. Then after an hour i took it i hit my casein then i go to bed. The dreams are crazy, I cant remember all of them all i do remember is that they were just wild. I usually toss and turn at night and dont sleep all that well but when i took this i rarely woke up at night which is a huge plus and when i woke up the next morning i felt very refreshed and ready to take on the day. I did put on muscle while using this HOWEVER I am also running 3 other types of Protein, kre-alk, and my own blend of aminos so i dont think its fair to credit bulletproof with the muscle gain but i do think that it should be noted. Alot of people judge on taste i personally dont, my credo is if it works then i dont care what it tastes like. I tried the orange raspberry and it was tasty, it tastes like honeydew melon. BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend this to someone if they had the cash, if not, a regular ZMA might be a better alternative. If you dont mind spending the money then its worth it because the sleep is great.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Wild Dreams
      • Great Recovery
      • Promotes Deep Sleep

Posted February 14, 2010
      This product is priced at a good price if you look at what your getting. Its a lot more then ZMA and phenibut. MP products are novice products and you get what you pay for.

Posted February 14, 2010
      Bullet Proof is a novice product much like all MP products. I would say you get what you pay for with Bullet Proof,recovery,sleep, and growth. Its much more then ZMA and phenibut.. that is just 1/3 of formula.

ckluh

Bulletproof is a very good product

Bulletproof is a very good product, the profile is great, ZMA is and should be a staple in most peoples supplement regimen for all of its benefits such as deep sleep, recovery, natural test boost.. 10 g's of protein, HGH/ night growth which contains the popular GABA, arginine, phenibut which i've only heard good things about. Recovery matrix includes all of the norms like glutamine, Beta Alanine, and cit. malate... EAA's as well.

Overall, if you want the best night recovery you can get use bulletproof, you will be less sore and have more energy in the morning, let alone wild dreams haha.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Promotes Deep Sleep
      • Lean Mass
      • Less Soreness
      • Taste Can Take Some Getting Used To

This supplement worked pretty terrible for me

(Note this review is being made under the realization that different supplements work for different folks)
      *Stacked this with MP Battle Fuel, and Jacked
      This...
      *Stacked this with MP Battle Fuel, and Jacked
      This supplement worked pretty terrible for me. I could handle it for about three days until I had to take it back. I took it like it said but I guess with all the herbs on the Battle Fuel and the I might not have a high tolerance to this paticualr product I actually felt worse the morning after. I get better recovery drinking a glutamine and Protein shake before bed than this. LIke I said though this is just me and from the verdict here in military town its one of the most returned product due to it makes people feel like @ss. The product is expensive and the taste is pretty bad but I never judge a product based on taste as to some of the best products I have used tasted like crap. I would def recommend the swimming pool method on this one. Get it and try it for a few, if it screws you up take it back andvice versa. I wont ever get it again.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Promotes Deep Sleep
      • Made Me Feel Aweful The Next Morning
      • A Bit Odd Tasting But Tolerable

TD

This stuff is great, I recommend giving it a try

This stuff is great, I recommend giving it a try. After hard workouts I can really feel a difference the next day between using it and not. With it I get a nice deep recovery sleep and that rest makes a big difference. It tastes a little funky at first, not bad, just unique. But now that I'm used to it I just mix it up in a small glass, chug it down, and 20-30 min later my eyelids start dropping and it's off to sleep. The deep sleep does seem to stimulate dreaming which is kind of a cool side benefit. I get to bed around 9:30-10pm most nights and wake at 5am for a 6am work out and this stuff hasn't interfered with getting up or my workouts. I supplement with Animal Stak and NO before my morning workouts, Torrent (great stuff) post workout, and of course protein, Animal Pak for vitamin support, and fat burners. I like how this stuff works for me, so its become one of my standard supplements.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Less Soreness
      • Great Recovery
      • Promotes Deep Sleep