Assault

By: Muscle Pharm

Hey Guys, This is my All-time favorite PWO and I've been putting it off for a while, reason being, there are so many new PWO's coming out I didn't know if it would matter as I thought Assault got overlooked. But with those new PWO's coming out I started seeing questiongs like Assault vs ??? or Assault vs???? vs ****. So there are plenty of people out there still using this product, and for good reason.

Ingredients: This may be kind of tricky reviewing this as I am going off the old formula. I haven't tried the new one yet as I stocked up the old one which has lasted me literally years.

The old formula had key ingredients such as Suma Root, Beta Alanine, Citruline Melate,L-Arginine, Kre-Alkalyn Creatine Ethyl Ester,Pyru Glutamic Acid and More importantly, Con-Cret. Tho its not much, Con-cret was and still is my favorite Creatine and I like Assault before they added Con-cret in it. So I thought It was unique and pretty darn cool (at the time) that my two favorite products kinda joined forces. An impressive profile, to both the old and new formula. With The new formula, the added BCAA's seems like it may be more beneficial to athlete as well.

There has been a debate whether to take PWO before cardio or sporting events or not. I am IN NO WAY advising to do so, but I will be honest in saying that I did take this before Sporting events/games and will continue to do so. Some PWO based on certain ingredients can give a person a high Heart rate, cause too much anxiety or any other weird feelings. But this never occured with Assautl and Me. Keep in Mind That EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. With that said, I will review the Effectiveness based off workouts and Game experiences....

Pump: 3/10 People claim to have things such as sick pumps or nice pumps as evidenced by the "Pros" section but not me. I know some of you get tired of hearing it but I don't really get the pump, and I didn't really get it on this product.

Focus: 7.8/10 Sometimes I am amped and locked in for football and in the gym, other times its just so-so. I have become sort of addicted to this before gameday and have that feeling like something you can't go w/o. I know thats not good, but what can I say lol. In the gym when Im locked in I kill it, when I feel so-so I still get out a good workout.

Endurance 10/10: Yep, I had great endurance on this, and based on the Pros section So did most other people who have tried this as this is the #1 Pro. I never got tired lifting and even had energy left over for cardio afterwards. During practice or a Game, I felt I lasted longer during those dreaded Gasses for our Asses or sprints as one of my coaches Calls em. Because of the great endurance which benefited me the most, I gave this a 9 the top even the the focus and pump reviews were rated lower

Value:8/10. This product is about $35 now but it was $30 when I stocked up on it years ago. I hit up a couple buy 2 get one free deals on Bodybuilding.com It is kind of expensive but I never took a Whole scoop as I felt kinda cracked outta my mind with it. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it was also bad. I found that half a scoop was my sweet spot(never anymore than 3/4 if I needed it) so I got more out the bottle than for a longer period.

Taste: Tastes like kool-aid to me, can be overpowering if you dont use enough water or dose it differently. I took half a scoop with 8oz of water, but you can take this multiple ways. Whole scoop 8oz or 12-14oz, Half scoop with 4oz or 8oz or 12oz. It takes some experimenting and due to so im sure the taste will increase or decrease in power

Overall: 9.6/10 I debated giving this a 10/10 because I feel it is well deserved. The only reason I didn't is because I kind of view Assault as great OVERALL PWO. What I mean by that is a PWO thats good at everything but spectacular at nothing (Execpt Endurance for me). But i've seen many reviews saying they got Great pumps and weak energy. Quite the opposite from me but you get my point. Assault can induce good pumps, good focus, and good endurance and isn't stimmed out. If your looking to get off stims then try this one out.

Hope you all enjoyed this review.
Happy Easter!! Cam

• Blade410

Nice review Cam.
    • AS79
      April 8, 2012

The new version is around $26 on allstar.
    • CamSTL
      April 8, 2012

Thanks Blade, I thought about adding a Mean Muggin section in the effectiveness part, but I forgot :/

And Thanks AS79, I'll def try it out sometime soon
    • Cray
      April 8, 2012

The fact you did not mention mean muggin' made me want to "no" this.

Keep doing work. Your reviews are stellar.
    • CamSTL

Thanks for the compliment Cray

Hello everyone. This is my second review on this site and I am reviewing my second Muscle Pharm product as well. This is the new formula and newly designed label of this product. I took a "stack" after cycling off some other products and decided to give them a try. Just as in the first product I reviewed, I will try to be as thorough as possible.

PROFILE: This is what caught my attention. Not the UFC sponsorship, the numerous reviews, or the athletes that promote this brand. I did read many of the reviews on this site as well as others before making my final decision to try it, but it was secondary to the profile. At first look, the profile looks amazing and one of the best I have seen for a PWO. I was excited to try it for many reasons but especially because of the Con-Cret it has in it. I had not tried that and read alot of information that is was a great product. I am one who has severe stomach discomfort with any product heavy in creatine monohydrate. I drink over 100 ounces of water a day so that shouldnt be an issue. So with the profile looking loaded with impressive ingredients, I was looking to my workouts.

TASTE: I stated in a previous review that taste is never a big determining factor to me because I am looking for results. If something tastes bad, like a product I am currently taking I will soon be submitting a review for, I will overlook that if I see realistic gains and claims. This product in the Raspberry Lemonade flavor tasted good, but it was very sweet. That says to me there are too many artificial sweetners or even unrefined sugars in it and that is not what I am looking for in building a great physique. It reminded me alot of the old Cell-Tech formula back in the early 2000's. Way too sweet and may give unwanted results because of sugar content.

WORKOUTS: The first few days were good. Nice energy. But unfortunately, thats about it. I had stomach discomfort about an hour into my workout and had trouble finishing them after about 5 days. This continued until the end of the tub and didnt get any better. On the ingredients list, it has two types of creatine. Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate), and Con-Cret. As I mentioned above, I dont do well with straight creatine monohydrate. But I have taken many creatines over 14 years and many had creatine "blends" with creatine mono and I had no stomach issues. With that being said, I thought this product would do well digestion wise and was looking more at what it would do results wise. However with the severe stomach discomfort I had, it makes me skeptical of exactly how much Con-Cret they actually put into this product. Especially after speaking to 3 different reps at Muscle Pharm and each saying "if you have stomach issues, this will be the best creatine you have ever taken." I had faith, but I am not one to be easily sold.

CONCLUSION: This was another giant disappointment from Muscle Pharm and even more so than Bulletproof. I will not purchase this product again and would not recommend it to anyone. It may work well with others but it didnt with me and I would suggest something else. The price was good as I got a Buy 2 Get 1 free, but the product didnt work so it is of no value to me. Afterall, what are we taking the stuff and going to the gym for anyway?? RESULTS
    • Weak Energy
    • Upset Stomach
    • Not Enough Pump

• Cray
      January 11, 2011

Yeesh! Harsh on the MP! You take any products that you actually like? =)

Good review though. Keep it up.
    • Adonislike
      January 11, 2011

Haha!! Thanks Cray. Yes as a matter of fact I do. Those reviews are coming soon. I just finished the MP "stack" and its fresh on my mind. I have about 10 prods I need to leave reviews on and a majority are positive. Its just none are MP :)

Nice work man.
    • jdthered
      January 11, 2011

I didn't care much for assault either. It also bothered my stomach. The taste was good but like you said its all about the results, and for 60 bucks this stuff sure isn't worth it.
    • Dog4life
      January 11, 2011

Totally agree with you ! Profile looks amazing, but the effects and value are WEAK!
    • Cataplasma
      (-10)
      May 26, 2014

I experimented the same... great energy and focus the first day i used it, and nothing afterwards. After the first serving, everytime i used the product again i had from stomach /digestive issues to dizziness, low energy/crash even before arrive to the gym... flavor (grape) wasnt that bad actualy, i kinda liked it. I had a bunch of samples at home and i gave them away. I got the conclusion that every time i used a serving, it was a lost day.

* Key Ingredients:

- Creatine Ethyl Ester
    - Pyru Glutamic Acid
    * Personal Ratings:
    - Pumps 8.9/10
    You definitely feel the pumps on this. I can feel some pretty good pumps and I look like a monster when I'm at the gym. These pumps last for about an hour after the workout and are pretty impressive with a decent vascularity boost.
    - Energy 7.6/10
    It adds a little bit of energy, but nothing substantial. It doesn't have enough caffeine in it to wake you right up. I really would have liked for there to be some geranium in it for that extra energy as I prefer that to caffeine.
    - Focus 7.8/10
    I definitely felt more focused after using Assault. It's not quite tunnel-vision like other products I've tried, but it is enhanced a bit. I like the feeling that it gives me because I can still think about other things and be able to hit the weights hard.
    - Taste 10/10
    This is where Assault knocks all the other pre-workouts out. The taste of the blue arctic raspberry is incredible. It's the absolute perfect taste and something I'd wish to drink all day long if I could. It's just that good. Drink it chilled and it's very refreshing.
    - Mixibility 9.1/10
    No complaints here. If you don't add a little extra water there will probably be a little bit left on the sides if you have a shaker cup, but nothing people can't handle. It's definitely manageable and not clumpy.
    - Price 6.5/10
    This is the main drawback of Assault. Assault costs almost $2 a serving. There are many more cost-efficient pre-workouts out there. They will not taste as good, but if you're not a stickler for taste, price will definitely be your deterrent from buying Assault.
    - Overall 8.9/10
    One may think this is a low score, but it's mainly due to price. Assault is no doubt one of the better pre-workouts out in terms of both taste and results, but the price really kills it. If the guys at Muscle Pharm could knock the price down a few bucks, I would definitely want to buy some more of it, but when there are other cheaper and effective products it's very hard to compete at this price-level. With this being said, I've really enjoyed the product, and the taste alone may get you hooked- it's that good.
    -AP
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Taste
    • Sick Pumps
    • Great Endurance

• AnabolicAdam
        December 31, 2009

You d bag! did you get a free shirt for this review? ha ha ha i love you man.
        December 31, 2009

Great review! This is my current Pre-Workout. Do you think it would be ok to stack with another pre-workout like Universal Shock Therapy,Jack3d, SP250 since Assault is lagging in the energy department?
      • dogfetch
        December 31, 2009

Hey, i have a lifting class in school right now but i dont have much time. Do you think its ok to do abs every 2 or 3 days after school as well? and if so could i take this twice a day. The most i take per workout is a half scoop, maybe not even that. Thanks
      • daddyjeph
        December 31, 2009

I just ordered this in blue raspberry and should get it tomorrow, along with nitrox 2 which i found thru this forum, also to be effective. is it ok to stack them pwo?...i used to be on jack3d, but looking for something new. thanks and kudos to all ur honest reviews!
      • petey7408
        December 31, 2009

Yeah, Assault and Nitrox II are perfectly fine to stack.

-AP
      • kypark127
        January 1, 2010

Great review, I'm currently looking for a new PWO after Jack3d got pulled. I've tried the original N.O-Explode and Jack3d and was looking for something more along the lines of Jack3d than the NO-Explode. Thanks for the info, Assault is officially on my 'Next-to-try' List

As I was visiting my local GNC picking up my usual supplements I decided that my Superpump 250 was running low and it was time for a new PWO. I read about Assault in a few magazines and decided that I would check the label and read the ingredients. I was both shocked and satisfied with the amount of additives (40,000mg) with a full scoop and was convinced to give it a shot. Of course I did plenty of research on the different pre-existing reviews on SR.com. Many people were quoted saying that there is less of an emphasis on pump and more of a gain in hyper tunnel vision. I started with a half scoop being as that I like to assess my tolerance even though I am VERY well versed in PWO supplements. My final conclusion after using this product is as follows.

Energy: The energy boost that I received from this product was a nice even flow that crested and waned without the overwhelming since of jitters or a huge debilitating crash. It builds up smooth and releases smooth. This can be attributed to the fact that it has a nice even amount of caffeine.

Focus: This is where this product absolutely knocks all other pre-workout supplements back to bush league. After taking this product at a full scoop I can report a sense of complete tunnel vision. When I was completely done with my workout and trying to walk towards the exit my brain would be telling me "Just one more set." It makes completing a workout impossible. You just wanna keep hitting the weights harder and harder.

Pumps: Comparing this product to SP250, N.O. Xplode, Amplified N.O., and many other PWO's...this product definitely hangs with the big guns for not having the same amount of publicity. The pumps you get are very impressive and it hangs with you well after you are done working out.

Muscle composition: I feel that during the course of using this product I definitely put on a decent amount of muscle mass. I was very happy when I stumbled upon the fact that it contains Con-Cret which is probably one of the best in the market right now due to its high absorbance level.

Vascularity: I am going through a heavy stage of mass gaining so vascularity is hard to gauge. I can definitely report that vascularity during workouts increased by a good bit but how much carries over I can't be quite sure and I don't want to misinform you.

Overall: I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone looking to rage out with definitive focus on your workouts. It tastes fantastic and definitely aids your workouts. It is now added to my monthly stack and I believe that you would benefit if you add it to yours.

Good luck!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Nice Pump
      • So Far So Good

• ruabeyo
          (-110)
          November 25, 2010

Nice review man... Well done!!
          November 25, 2010

Very very nice first review man! Keep em coming!
          November 25, 2010

Thanks guys...Kubitzky I have read so many of your reviews and have taken them to heart.

Awesome review homie!
          November 25, 2010

Nice review man if they are this good keep them come can't wait for more reviews for you this reads like a good book that you just can put down.
          November 26, 2010

Thanks Steel Force! I will keep all of my reviews honest, informing, and detailed as possible. I wrote that one first last night and I will have 3 or 4 coming tonight.

HI MATT.

Hi monster man

Muscle Pharm's Assault "The Athlete's Choice For Pre-Performance Supplementation"

-This was my very first bottle of Assault. I was a little bit let down by this since it was so hyped up.

-Taste (20/10). The taste was Raspberry Lemonade. Let me tell you, it was the best tasting thing I've ever had as a supplement drink. Like if their was flavor water that tasted like this I would honestly buy and drink it just to drink. It didn't matter whether I put it with 20 oz. or 8 oz. it all tasted the same and amazing! Bad thing about the taste being so good is that it's probably from all the sweetners.

-Value(7.3/10) Value wasn't horrible. It cost me about 35 bucks and with shipping about 40. It has 40 servings in it. A serving is 1/2 scoop. Let me tell you, 1/2 scoop does nothing at all for me, so it basically had 20 workouts for 34-40 bucks. It's pretty much the same as anyother pre-workout except for Jack3d and Shock Therapy. With most you will have to end up with 2-3 scoops, so it's basically the same.

-Energy (4/10). This is why I was so dissapointed with Assault. The energy just wasn't there much for me. My bro Taysab said it was more of a creatine and pump product, and I 100% believe him after my personal experience. If your gonig for something that gives you superior energy, I'd say not to buy this b/c you will be strongly dissapointed.

-Pump(8/10). This is where this product scores big for me. The pumps from this were pretty dang sick. Comparable to SP250. After tricep pushdowns my arms were killing me. The pump lasted a good while also.

-Vascularity(2/10). I didn't notice any increase vascularity. I didn't give it a full 0 b/c I'm already really vascular, so I'm thinking I'm not gonna get more vascular from another product.

-Ingredients(7/10) The ingredients were pretty good. I wish it'd actually say how many g/mg each ingredient it has. Here are the main ones in it (Beta Alanine, L-Arginine Blend, Citrulline Malate, Glycine, Suma Root Extract, Creatine Mono, Creatine HCL, L-Glutamine, Taurine, Tyrosine, Caffein, Asparic Acid, Vitamin B6, B12.) I would have gave it a 9 or 10 if it would have shown how much of each ingredient was in it.

Focus(6.5/10) Assault didn't give me tunnel vision like SP250 or N.O. X-Plode. It's decent, but nothing to be real happy about. I don't really have a problem in the gym, but when I was taking SP250 I swear that sometimes I wouldn't even notice people talking to me. With this weights weren't the only thing on my mind.

Product Claims
        *Exclusive Creatine Breakthrough 47% more bio-available than o/ creatine products.
        -Sounds sketchy to me especially since it doesn't even say how much creatine is in here.
        *High Performance Energy
        -Big Time Let down for me, barely any energy.
        *Supercharged Endurance.
        -Uh ceriously?
        *Increased training focus and intensity.
        -I always have an intense workout pre-workout or not. Focus was decent
        *Lactic Acid Buffer.
        -Not real sure about that.
        *The athletes choice for pre-workout.
        -Have to disagree, SP250 is mine so far.

*Overall an OK So-So product. It's overhyped in my opinion. Good if your looking for that extra pump. Don't buy if you won't explosive energy or focus. Taste was amazing. Way to get to be a supplement.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Nice Pump
        • Amazing Taste
        • Ingredients

• weastwind

Awesome review dude.

Thanx man!
          • ruabeyo
            (-110)

Repeat Reply #1

Very thorough man...

Kinda scary having someone so young being able to perceive and express what effects supplements have on their mind and body... (it's a compliment... not sarcasm)

;)

Nice!!!

Nice!!!
            October 19, 2010

Thanks a lot. I love hearing stuff like that. I'm currently a junior, so next year I'll be lookin to go to college, and I really wanna get into like sports medicine and exercise science, so I try to gain as much knowledge now as I can about everything. Thanks a lot!
            October 19, 2010

Keep up the good work and you'll do great in that field, kubitzky.
            October 20, 2010

Thanks Manimal. You and Petey are like the main people on here I look up to for advice!

I appreciate that bro.
            October 20, 2010

Top notch review man keep them coming.P.S. you are all right kinda of scary 16 year old take a pre-workouts.
            October 20, 2010

When i finish my shock therapy i actually think I'm gonna stop taking pre workouts for a while. They don't seem to be working that great.
            October 20, 2010

Haha yea man same thing with me when i took this. Didn't do too much of anything by itself..
          • rushh1605

Sick review!
            October 21, 2010

Taysab: yeah man this wasn't very good at all except taste and an ok pump. I'm really liking shock therapy. Still think SP250 is my fav. Dude my purple wraath finally came in and it's awesome.
            October 21, 2010

Haha yea im just about to write a review on sp250 and size on.. love them both. And yea purple wraath is sooo much better than xtend i think. what flavor you get?
            October 21, 2010

I got purple lemonade. Honestly purple wraath gives me a way better feeling of clean energy and focus than most pre workouts gave me.

This is my first review, so sorry if it is a bad read/incoherent.
          The first PWO I tried was Dymatize Xpand about 8 years ago. Now, after a 2 year injury lay-off (rugby) I had to make up for lost time and gain strength, mass and weight in a shorter time than usual. So I figured why not let a PWO direct me in the right way. I browsed the net, saw some Top-10 lists and bought MP Assault. I bought it for about €35,-- (approx $50,--).

This is my first review, so sorry if it is a bad read/incoherent.

TASTE: 9/10. It actually tasted very good, so good that I would almost drink it as a normal beverage. It mixed well, only a slight residue at the bottom sometimes. But actually I don't really care about the taste, if it works well the taste is nog important imo.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
          PUMP: 7/10
          ENERGY/FOCUS: 9/10

Pump, well, I train to get stronger and gain mass. So pump doesn't bother me too much. I train at home as well so nobody to show off to (apart from my missus and cats). I feel that if I train hard I will get a pump irrespective if I use a PWO. I train harder with Assault so might get a bigger pump, hence the 7/10.

Effectiveness was awesome! The first time I took half a scoop about 20/25 minutes before training and after 10 minutes I started to feel energized, slight tingles en I started to move on the couch. I really had to hold myself back to sit out the 20/25 minutes. When I went to my 'gym' I really felt like assaulting the sh** out of my iron! I trained better than I could have dreamed off. I had loads of energy througout my 65 mins of weightlifting and after that did a 10 mins heavy core session. Everytime when I thought 'I cant go anymore' my body just kept going.

VALUE: 8/10. Sometimes I read people rate a product less because it cost them a dollar a day. Well, if you train like a beast because of that supp, a dollar a day is a bargain I reckon. So 35 Euro's was money well spent!

OVERALL: 9/10. I just loved it! Two small downsides; the first 3 or 4 times I had to crap after about 10/15 minutes I hardly drink coffee...) and the other 'downside' is that I think I am going to have a hard time finding a better product. I love shopping around and try new products, but I'd be selling myself short I feel. Anyways, I am halfway through a tub of Hemo Rage, which is quit stimulating as well!

Final notes: it lives up to its name, I gained about 4 kgs of musclemass in 6 weeks. I actually shed some fat as well so might be more muscle than that.
          Could lift heavier weights and no crash afterwards.

Try it!
          • Tunnel Vision

I want to first start out saying that I used this product with Muscle Pharm's Muscle Mass Stack along with Battle Fuel, Combat Powder and Recon, so I will be doing a review of all 4 products. Let's first start with Assault.
            I did not think that a...
            I did not think that a pre-workout could get better than Jack3d, but this surpasses it and will be my pre-workout of choice. First off, the blue raspberry taste is incredible and it earned the nickname "Kool-Aid on Crack". After teaching a bunch of 10 year olds, I need a product that gives me energy and that is the best thing about Assault. Great energy and endurance. The only knock-it did not give me a great pump and since I used a full scoop it did not last me more than a month. Now, let's get into Battle Fuel.
            When I stacked Battle Fuel with Assault it was a deadly combination and when Battle Fuel ran out, I definitely noticed a difference in focus/attitude. One bottle lasts only 21 servings and 6 pills before a workout gave me a "I'm the man" attitude. It is a natural test booster and it was working due to the increase in libido and back acne-which, however minor, I never get. Very expensive for only 21 servings but stacked with Assault pre-workout...watch out weights!
            On to Recon...
            The taste is not very good but it's a supplement not a strawberry dacquiri. One scoop after 40 workouts left me feeling refreshed and since all I am doing is lifting, it made going 3 days of weights in a row much easier since I was hardly ever sore.
            I went with the choco PB Combat Powder which is a blend of several proteins-whey,casein,egg. The taste is the best for a choco PB since most brands can't pull it off-even with water. The scooper SUCKS and is very akward when trying to pour into a shaker. I used this mostly as an inbetween meal shake and it kept me full between meals which is hard for me to do.
            As far as numbers, I put on about 10 pounds in the 5 weeks the products lasted me and my strength went up on all compound lifts-without having a partner. I'm glad I tried this but for costing 135 bucks I would only stick with Assault out of all the products.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Great Endurance
            • Amazing Taste

• swazz
                December 24, 2010

Awesome review man. I have been interested in Muscle Pharm but have been kinda leary cause of the price. This was really helpful. Thanks
                December 24, 2010

Legit Review Dud3! and MERRY CHRISTmas!!!

kevO

Ok this is my first review... I had tried only one other preworkout (NO Xplode) before I began Assault, so I dont have much to compare to, but here it goes. Energy is a little lacking, due to the small amount of caffeine in Assault, however it makes up for that in other ways. The taste is absolutely incredible(blue razz lemonade) like gatorade or Kool aid! Anyways, despite the lack of energy, Assault has a great ingredient profile, and provided lasting strength and endurance throughout 90min-2hour workouts with heavy cardio at the end. Focus was second to none throughout the entire workout. Its almost hard to stop working out, because you feel so damn good. Pumps were very good, although not anything crazy. The price is a little Jacked up, but I think its worth every penny considering the great results I got. NO Xplode is garbage in comparison. Going to try Jack3d next...
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Nice Pump

• romanxs1
                  (-12)
                  August 26, 2010

Did you get any strength increase? Any muscle gain? I wanted to try this product for a long time, just haven't got to it yet.
                • kevO
                  August 26, 2010

Yea definitely had strength increases across the board. Its not like a lot of other PWOs, very mild energy but clean and lasting. What stands out for me is I fly thru every lift with ease and barely need any rest between sets. Give it a try if you want a quality low stim PWO
                • romanxs1
                  (-12)

Defiantly will man. It will probably do wonders with Syntha-6

First review.
                Almost done with trying Assault and all I can say is wow. My friend has been raving about this for weeks and I finally got myself some. I have been off any PWO's for a couple months now. This is a great PWO that really gave me great effects. I am also currently on my 3rd week of UPS Labs Pink Magic and I will talk about how this benefits that test booster.

Price: 10/10. In my opinion this is very very fairly priced. 40$ for...
                First review.

Price: 10/10. In my opinion this is very very fairly priced. 40$ for 40 servings(1/2 scoop which they recommend ) or 20 servings (full scoop for stronger effects) which comes to about using a tub a month. Honestly 40$ a month is not a bad price for something like this, especially if you are someone who is buying a bottled PWO every time you go to the gym.

Taste: 10/10. I tried the Pink Lemonade and I loved it! A little sweet and tart, but I usually like things like that. Almost a neon pink color to it. Doesn't burn your throat like some do.

Mixability: 9/10. Throw this in a water bottle with (what they recommend 16oz of water), shake it up and you are good to go. There might be a clump or two but nothing bad compared to Dark Rage which I had very bad mixing experiences with. If you stir it of course you might get bad mixing results but just shake the crap out of the bottle for 30 seconds and you won't have a problem.

Pump & Energy: 10/10. This was easily my favorite part, of course. The pump I got from this killed that of Dark Rage I used to drink. First, let me start with the tingly feeling I got all over my body (from what I read that's the Beta Alanine in the product). Followed by the crazy centered tunnel vision I got, followed by the strong, real focus. The tunnel vision was possibly my favorite part, it put me into such a state of mind, all I could think about was being at the gym and focusing on my workout. The endurance was non-stop, at no point did I feel exhausted or like I was fading out. All the way through my workout (Back & Biceps, about 1.25 hrs) I was completely in the zone. After I was done, I honestly just wanted to work out more. I felt awake, energized, and pushed myself to new heights. No jittery feeling, no crash, nothing negative.

This is something I would definitely recommend to take with a test booster. Taking this in addition to it really helps the test booster shine. With Assault giving you the strong mental focus and tunnel vision, to focus on the workout, I really felt the test booster take it's place. With the combination of both I was able to up my preacher curl 20 pounds, and lateral pull down 15, and bent over row by 20.

I just didn't want to leave the gym, I could of stayed there for hours honestly. I just focused on myself and what I was doing, no thinking about anything else, or looking at anything else. Didn't notice an upset stomach and there was no bloated feeling. All in all I highly recommend this PWO as a very powerful and effective product. I am looking forward to how this product works moving forward and I will follow up in the comments if there is any changes.
                • So Far So Good

• swazz

Nice review man!
                    November 23, 2010

Thanks swazz! After lurking on this site for a couple weeks now, I realize what a PITA it is to read a one sentence review, no very helpful. So the more helpful I can be, the better.

Nice rewiew Bro.
                  • 3ullD0zer

Great review man!

You said the pumps on this were better than Dark Rage? I have heard many say the pumps are weak on this.
                    November 23, 2010

In my opinion, the pumps are great for me. I can feel the blood flow through my target zone and give me the push through each rep. Dark Rage more had of an effect of super high energy than pump. I wrote a review on DR explaining how I feel about it, check it out. Thanks guys!

I have friends who think this product is incredible, but for me? Almost completely ineffective. I bought this product after really enjoying my first two weeks of MusclePharm's Combat Powder, and for me it was a waste of money. I tried 1/2-2 scoops pre-WO and 1 scoop pre-WO with 1 scoop intra-WO. I tried both of those fasted and non-fasted. Went through a 60 serving tub during about three months.

Taste: B

Taste: B
                  I bought the Raspberry Lemonade flavor and I have no idea how to describe it. It was more of a chemical taste than a Raspberry Lemonade taste. Not terribly unpleasant, but not really enjoyable either.

Mix: B
                  Mixed reasonably well but required a lot of water, for me, more than the recommended amount, and it left a weird powder at the bottom of the bottle.

Effectiveness: F/B/C
                  Pump - I didn't get any kind of pump from this product.

Energy - I felt very little of an energy rush, but when used intra-WO I had slight higher endurance than without this product.

Focus - Very little extra focus, though I guess higher endurance meant I could focus more.

Price: B
                  I bought the 60 serving tub for $49.99. Steep for a college kid, but reasonable compared to C4 and Jack3d.

Sides: C
                  Sometimes this product made me nauseous, and even though I felt little extra energy from this product I became badly addicted and had little energy on days I didn't take Assault.

Overall: D
                  I won't touch Assault again. I just might try the new formula, but I don't plan on really touching Assault again. I guess this just wasn't my kick.

This is my second review, so I appreciate comments and tips.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Addicticing
                  • Weak Energy
                  • Upset Stomach
                  • Not Enough Pump

• locospider09
                    July 27, 2013

Nice write up. I wasn't a fan of assault either and aside from its taste I got absolutely no pump or energy from it.

Only thing I could see to comment on is maybe give more detail?
                  • Vamp1618
                    July 27, 2013

Thanks. Good to know I'm not the only disappointed non-responder, haha. I'll make sure to be a little more in-depth next time!

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.