Muscle Pharm Assault

Assault Muscle Pharm
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (237 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 84% (Reliable)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Optimum Essential AmiN.O. Energy Reviews
Essential AmiN.O. Energy (62 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)
MuscleTech naNO Vapor Reviews
naNO Vapor (120 Reviews)
4.9

Related Forum Topics

GNC has MusclePharm Assault 60 servings for 19.99 Old Formula
I went into GNC to check out the clearance section cause I know better not to pa...

Size Gain Stack (ForzaPro, Con Cret, Assault)
Hey guys, getting back to focusing on building some size and strength. I'll...

$25 OFF on Trenavar - TREN ATTACK by Assault Labs
Assault Labs is introducing their new Trenavar Product, TREN ATTACK.  As th...

MUSCLE PHARM Assault - TOO MUCH UNDISSOLVED SILVERY SUBSTANCE
Hi, I have been working out for a good 8 mos now and have already finished 2 30 ...

Your opinion NEEDED - MusclePharm NEW Assault
Hi SR members, Im thinking about trying the new, latest MP Assault preworkout....

Is Assault Labs' Estro Strike overkill?
I got an email this morning from Strong Supp Shop this morning promoting a produ...

which is a better pre-workout supplement: Animal Pump, no xplode, Assault?
I m looking to add a pre workout supps to my list (whey protein gold standard an...

Assault & Mega Shreds for Women
Hey just joined the site today. Wondering if anyone (looking for women, but any ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Assault is a popular pre-workout supplement. It is a good choice as Muscle Pharm has done a good job of balancing the ingredients in regards to stimulants and nitric oxide. Many also comment that for the price, it is a very good value.

Assault Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Assault Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Endurance (134)
  • Nice Pump (125)
  • Builds Muscle (104)
  • Amazing Taste (93)
  • Just A Little Expensive (76)
  • Too Expensive (55)
  • Weak Energy (52)
  • Upset Stomach (51)
April 8, 2012

Age: 24

April 8, 2012
 Hey Guys, This is my All-time favorite PWO and I've been putting it off for a while, reason being, there are so many new PWO's coming out I didn't know if it would matter as I thought Assault got overlooked. But with those new PWO's coming out I started seeing questiongs like Assault vs ??? or Assault vs???? vs ****. So there are plenty of people out there still using this product, and for good reason.

Ingredients: This may be kind of tricky reviewing this as I am going off the old formula. I haven't tried the new one yet as I stocked up the old one which has lasted me literally years.

The old formula had key ingredients such as Suma Root, Beta Alanine, Citruline Melate,L-Arginine, Kre-Alkalyn Creatine Ethyl Ester,Pyru Glutamic Acid and More importantly, Con-Cret. Tho its not much, Con-cret was and still is my favorite Creatine and I like Assault before they added Con-cret in it. So I thought It was unique and pretty darn cool (at the time) that my two favorite products kinda joined forces. An impressive profile, to both the old and new formula. With The new formula, the added BCAA's seems like it may be more beneficial to athlete as well.

There has been a debate whether to take PWO before cardio or sporting events or not. I am IN NO WAY advising to do so, but I will be honest in saying that I did take this before Sporting events/games and will continue to do so. Some PWO based on certain ingredients can give a person a high Heart rate, cause too much anxiety or any other weird feelings. But this never occured with Assautl and Me. Keep in Mind That EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. With that said, I will review the Effectiveness based off workouts and Game experiences....

Pump: 3/10 People claim to have things such as sick pumps or nice pumps as evidenced by the "Pros" section but not me. I know some of you get tired of hearing it but I don't really get the pump, and I didn't really get it on this product.

Focus: 7.8/10 Sometimes I am amped and locked in for football and in the gym, other times its just so-so. I have become sort of addicted to this before gameday and have that feeling like something you can't go w/o. I know thats not good, but what can I say lol. In the gym when Im locked in I kill it, when I feel so-so I still get out a good workout.

Endurance 10/10: Yep, I had great endurance on this, and based on the Pros section So did most other people who have tried this as this is the #1 Pro. I never got tired lifting and even had energy left over for cardio afterwards. During practice or a Game, I felt I lasted longer during those dreaded Gasses for our Asses or sprints as one of my coaches Calls em. Because of the great endurance which benefited me the most, I gave this a 9 the top even the the focus and pump reviews were rated lower

Value:8/10. This product is about $35 now but it was $30 when I stocked up on it years ago. I hit up a couple buy 2 get one free deals on Bodybuilding.com It is kind of expensive but I never took a Whole scoop as I felt kinda cracked outta my mind with it. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it was also bad. I found that half a scoop was my sweet spot(never anymore than 3/4 if I needed it) so I got more out the bottle than for a longer period.

Taste: Tastes like kool-aid to me, can be overpowering if you dont use enough water or dose it differently. I took half a scoop with 8oz of water, but you can take this multiple ways. Whole scoop 8oz or 12-14oz, Half scoop with 4oz or 8oz or 12oz. It takes some experimenting and due to so im sure the taste will increase or decrease in power

Overall: 9.6/10 I debated giving this a 10/10 because I feel it is well deserved. The only reason I didn't is because I kind of view Assault as great OVERALL PWO. What I mean by that is a PWO thats good at everything but spectacular at nothing (Execpt Endurance for me). But i've seen many reviews saying they got Great pumps and weak energy. Quite the opposite from me but you get my point. Assault can induce good pumps, good focus, and good endurance and isn't stimmed out. If your looking to get off stims then try this one out.

Hope you all enjoyed this review.
Happy Easter!! Cam

AS79
AS79

Joined: 6/2011
Reputation: +1348
The new version is around $26 on allstar.

Joined: 12/2009
Reputation: +1749
Thanks Blade, I thought about adding a Mean Muggin section in the effectiveness part, but I forgot :/

And Thanks AS79, I'll def try it out sometime soon

Joined: 6/2010
Reputation: +2375
The fact you did not mention mean muggin' made me want to "no" this.

Keep doing work. Your reviews are stellar.

Joined: 12/2009
Reputation: +1749
Thanks for the compliment Cray

May 16, 2011

Reviews: 20

Age: 32

May 16, 2011
  A small disclaimer. This is only my second PWO, so my opinions on this type of supp come with little experience, but here goes. I also take a multi, joint support, and protein.
Taste(5)- I had the Rasberry Lemonade flavor and when mixed with what they call "moderate-intensity"(1/2 scoop,12 oz water) was a little too sweet for my taste. It reminded me of the way I used to make Kool-Aid as a kid. Diluting fixed that, but once I upped the doseage(full scoop) it was like drinking a Big Gulp's worth of liquid before a workout. The flavor was actually really good, and I bet some would really love it, but too concentrated for me.
Effectiveness(6)- I wasnt very impressed with the effectiveness of this product. Soon after taking, the tingle from the Beta Alanine was very prominent, and having sampled Jack3d, I thought I was in for a good experience. Unfortunately, the tingle was about as good as it got, and with higher doseage, it turned to an all over itch. I had very little energy gains or pumps with this. The positives I noticed was that I did feel a very nice increase in endurance. I seemed to be able to push out a couple more reps, and I did start to notice some slight strength gains.
Side Effects- I noticed two side effects while taking this product. The fore-mentioned itch with higher doses, and on a few occasions it did give me the feeling that I was going to have to hurry to the bathroom, but it never made me actually have to go, which was kinda strange, and annoying.
Value(7)- I thought the value was average with product. I paid $35 which seems to fall right in line with other PWO's.
Overall- I would not recommend this product on the sole fact that there are so many PWO's on the market that I feel confident saying there must be others that are more effective. I feel the results I noticed could have been achieved with a simple creatine product. Although, if you are stim sensitive, this may work well for you. It does have stims, but I didnt find them strong at all. Bottom line,the energy I am hoping for before a workout, and a nice pump and focus during, were simply not there.
  • Too Sweet
adam777
adam777

Reviews: 17
Reputation: +505
Your giving assault a 5 for taste! Wow, hard critic.

andrew17019
andrew17019

Reviews: 16
Reputation: +223
I like Assault because it isn't stimmed out, like you said. I also like it because it's versatile and I can stack it with other more specific products, depending on my workout. I can take this before cardio, lifting, whatever, and I still get the endurance effects from it. I usually stack it with Nitrox II for pump. I'm not a fan of stims, so this is usually good enough for me.

Reviews: 25
Reputation: +130
This proct should be called ass-assault becaude that is exactly what it does. A decent PWO tho and is by far the best tasting.

Reviews: 20
Reputation: +825
Maybe a 5 was a little harsh. The flavor was good, I just think they went overboard with the sweeteners and/or flavoring

wfimcd
wfimcd

Joined: 2/2013
Reputation: 0
I agree with the flavor being a bit off. I could get over it if this product actually delivered but I've just never felt what other people describe while using this product. For me, it doesn't compare to noxplode or c4 as far as energy and pump are concerned. Bummer since MP has many other great products IMO. But, just like everything...everyone has a different body with different reactions so its no surprise that people have differing opinions on these type of products.

January 11, 2011

Reviews: 7

Age: 30

January 11, 2011
 Hello everyone. This is my second review on this site and I am reviewing my second Muscle Pharm product as well. This is the new formula and newly designed label of this product. I took a "stack" after cycling off some other products and decided to give them a try. Just as in the first product I reviewed, I will try to be as thorough as possible.

PROFILE: This is what caught my attention. Not the UFC sponsorship, the numerous reviews, or the athletes that promote this brand. I did read many of the reviews on this site as well as others before making my final decision to try it, but it was secondary to the profile. At first look, the profile looks amazing and one of the best I have seen for a PWO. I was excited to try it for many reasons but especially because of the Con-Cret it has in it. I had not tried that and read alot of information that is was a great product. I am one who has severe stomach discomfort with any product heavy in creatine monohydrate. I drink over 100 ounces of water a day so that shouldnt be an issue. So with the profile looking loaded with impressive ingredients, I was looking to my workouts.

TASTE: I stated in a previous review that taste is never a big determining factor to me because I am looking for results. If something tastes bad, like a product I am currently taking I will soon be submitting a review for, I will overlook that if I see realistic gains and claims. This product in the Raspberry Lemonade flavor tasted good, but it was very sweet. That says to me there are too many artificial sweetners or even unrefined sugars in it and that is not what I am looking for in building a great physique. It reminded me alot of the old Cell-Tech formula back in the early 2000's. Way too sweet and may give unwanted results because of sugar content.

WORKOUTS: The first few days were good. Nice energy. But unfortunately, thats about it. I had stomach discomfort about an hour into my workout and had trouble finishing them after about 5 days. This continued until the end of the tub and didnt get any better. On the ingredients list, it has two types of creatine. Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate), and Con-Cret. As I mentioned above, I dont do well with straight creatine monohydrate. But I have taken many creatines over 14 years and many had creatine "blends" with creatine mono and I had no stomach issues. With that being said, I thought this product would do well digestion wise and was looking more at what it would do results wise. However with the severe stomach discomfort I had, it makes me skeptical of exactly how much Con-Cret they actually put into this product. Especially after speaking to 3 different reps at Muscle Pharm and each saying "if you have stomach issues, this will be the best creatine you have ever taken." I had faith, but I am not one to be easily sold.

CONCLUSION: This was another giant disappointment from Muscle Pharm and even more so than Bulletproof. I will not purchase this product again and would not recommend it to anyone. It may work well with others but it didnt with me and I would suggest something else. The price was good as I got a Buy 2 Get 1 free, but the product didnt work so it is of no value to me. Afterall, what are we taking the stuff and going to the gym for anyway?? RESULTS
    • Upset Stomach

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +2375
    Yeesh! Harsh on the MP! You take any products that you actually like? =)

Good review though. Keep it up.

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +135
    Haha!! Thanks Cray. Yes as a matter of fact I do. Those reviews are coming soon. I just finished the MP "stack" and its fresh on my mind. I have about 10 prods I need to leave reviews on and a majority are positive. Its just none are MP :)

Manimal
    Manimal

Joined: 11/2009
    Reputation: +3478
    Nice work man.

Reviews: 25
    Reputation: +130
    I didn't care much for assault either. It also bothered my stomach. The taste was good but like you said its all about the results, and for 60 bucks this stuff sure isn't worth it.

Dog4life
    Dog4life

Joined: 1/2012
    Reviews: 22
    Reputation: +113
    Totally agree with you ! Profile looks amazing, but the effects and value are WEAK!

August 26, 2010

Reviews: 71

Age: 28

August 26, 2010
     Ok this is my first review... I had tried only one other preworkout (NO Xplode) before I began Assault, so I dont have much to compare to, but here it goes. Energy is a little lacking, due to the small amount of caffeine in Assault, however it makes up for that in other ways. The taste is absolutely incredible(blue razz lemonade) like gatorade or Kool aid! Anyways, despite the lack of energy, Assault has a great ingredient profile, and provided lasting strength and endurance throughout 90min-2hour workouts with heavy cardio at the end. Focus was second to none throughout the entire workout. Its almost hard to stop working out, because you feel so damn good. Pumps were very good, although not anything crazy. The price is a little Jacked up, but I think its worth every penny considering the great results I got. NO Xplode is garbage in comparison. Going to try Jack3d next...
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Nice Pump
    • Ingredients
    • Tunnel Vision

Reputation: -18
      Did you get any strength increase? Any muscle gain? I wanted to try this product for a long time, just haven't got to it yet.

Joined: 8/2010
      Reviews: 71
      Reputation: +3979
      Yea definitely had strength increases across the board. Its not like a lot of other PWOs, very mild energy but clean and lasting. What stands out for me is I fly thru every lift with ease and barely need any rest between sets. Give it a try if you want a quality low stim PWO

Reputation: -18
      Defiantly will man. It will probably do wonders with Syntha-6

January 5, 2010

joeflah13

Reviews: 52

Age: 17

January 5, 2010
       WOW! Muscle Pharm really went to town with this one. Looking past the price (upwards of $50 when not on sale), this product is the undisputed heavyweight Champion of the world. First, the taste (I got Arctic Blue Raspberry). If the word "miracle" could come in a taste form, this would be it. It tastes like someone melted a bunch of blue raspberry jolly ranches in my shaker cup. This is incredible considering each scoop delivers almost 40 g of active ingredients, which on their own would taste awful. Speaking of the ingredients, the suma root, kre alkalyn, glutamine, and other potent sups put this product a head above the rest. The best part is that none of these products are under dosed, as in many other preworkouts. There's even protein and complex carbs to coax your body into an anabolic state. The only reason I don't give effectiveness a 10 is because I feel that it lacks a bit in the energy department. You can feel the kick of the caffeine, but its nothing more than a cup or two of coffee. The focus is razor sharp, it puts me in a zone to do the best I can, day in day out. Where this product really shines (other than the taste) is the strength. You can feel your body almost switch into another gear when your on this product. I used to be able to put up 4 sets of 5 reps at 175 lbs. Just today, I did 4 sets of 190 at 5 reps! That's a pretty noticeable increase, not to mention the obvious increase I experienced across the board in all of my lifts. All in all, this product is fantastic. Even though its pretty overpriced, it still delivers 25 servings. If you only take it on weight training days, like I do 4 times a week, and not on abs and cardio days, then it will last 6+ weeks. To me, this product is a step above the others I've tried, INCLUDING Jack3d. The taste much better and this is the first preworkout that I can actually notice the vascularity. I'm going to try to add some Vitamin C with the Assault next time I take it, supposedly it breaks down free radicals that hinder arganine absorbtion, which will yield much better results (check my forum post for details). Hopefully the C works and I may even add a caffeine pill for added energy, but other than that, this product is the best I have ever taken. Props to Muscle Pharm!
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Nice Pump
      birdman2211
      birdman2211

Joined: 4/2009
      Reputation: +1840
      Good reveiw joe, i might have to try this next time.

December 31, 2009

- Creatine Ethyl Ester
      - Pyru Glutamic Acid
      * Personal Ratings:
      - Pumps 8.9/10
      You definitely feel the pumps on this. I can feel some pretty good pumps and I look like a monster when I'm at the gym. These pumps last for about an hour after the workout and are pretty impressive with a decent vascularity boost.
      - Energy 7.6/10
      It adds a little bit of energy, but nothing substantial. It doesn't have enough caffeine in it to wake you right up. I really would have liked for there to be some geranium in it for that extra energy as I prefer that to caffeine.
      - Focus 7.8/10
      I definitely felt more focused after using Assault. It's not quite tunnel-vision like other products I've tried, but it is enhanced a bit. I like the feeling that it gives me because I can still think about other things and be able to hit the weights hard.
      - Taste 10/10
      This is where Assault knocks all the other pre-workouts out. The taste of the blue arctic raspberry is incredible. It's the absolute perfect taste and something I'd wish to drink all day long if I could. It's just that good. Drink it chilled and it's very refreshing.
      - Mixibility 9.1/10
      No complaints here. If you don't add a little extra water there will probably be a little bit left on the sides if you have a shaker cup, but nothing people can't handle. It's definitely manageable and not clumpy.
      - Price 6.5/10
      This is the main drawback of Assault. Assault costs almost $2 a serving. There are many more cost-efficient pre-workouts out there. They will not taste as good, but if you're not a stickler for taste, price will definitely be your deterrent from buying Assault.
      - Overall 8.9/10
      One may think this is a low score, but it's mainly due to price. Assault is no doubt one of the better pre-workouts out in terms of both taste and results, but the price really kills it. If the guys at Muscle Pharm could knock the price down a few bucks, I would definitely want to buy some more of it, but when there are other cheaper and effective products it's very hard to compete at this price-level. With this being said, I've really enjoyed the product, and the taste alone may get you hooked- it's that good.
      -AP
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Amazing Taste
      • Sick Pumps
      • Great Endurance
      AnabolicAdam
      AnabolicAdam

Joined: 6/2009
      Reviews: 34
      Reputation: +2019
      You d bag! did you get a free shirt for this review? ha ha ha i love you man.

kubitzky10
      kubitzky10

Joined: 4/2010
      Reviews: 29
      Reputation: +567
      Great review! This is my current Pre-Workout. Do you think it would be ok to stack with another pre-workout like Universal Shock Therapy,Jack3d, SP250 since Assault is lagging in the energy department?

dogfetch
      dogfetch

Joined: 5/2009
      Reviews: 2
      Reputation: -2
      hey, i have a lifting class in school right now but i dont have much time. Do you think its ok to do abs every 2 or 3 days after school as well? and if so could i take this twice a day. The most i take per workout is a half scoop, maybe not even that. Thanks

daddyjeph
      daddyjeph

Reputation: 0
      i just ordered this in blue raspberry and should get it tomorrow, along with nitrox 2 which i found thru this forum, also to be effective. is it ok to stack them pwo?...i used to be on jack3d, but looking for something new. thanks and kudos to all ur honest reviews!

Joined: 3/2009
      Reputation: +3994
      Yeah, Assault and Nitrox II are perfectly fine to stack.

-AP

Reply #6:
      kypark127
      kypark127

Joined: 8/2012
      Reputation: 0
      Great review, I'm currently looking for a new PWO after Jack3d got pulled. I've tried the original N.O-Explode and Jack3d and was looking for something more along the lines of Jack3d than the NO-Explode. Thanks for the info, Assault is officially on my 'Next-to-try' List

March 29, 2014

viergeverd

Reviews: 1

Age: 21

March 29, 2014
      Muscle Pharm Assault

I wasn't sure if I should do a review of all Muscle Pharm products as a stack review or each one individually so here's everything I took with assault and I will have reviews up on them later as well. All listed are MP products and my goal was to use them for bulking assistance.

Assault- pre-workout
      Amino 1 and glutamine- during workout
      Recon and Iron mass- post workout

Due to the fact I'm allergic to coconut I wasn't able to take the product for the hole tub. I was though, able to take the pre-workout for three weeks before I started having side affects from the hydration system (coconut water powder). My only side effect was that my tongue started getting a little swollen and raw feeling. When I started taking Assault I had no issues what so ever side effect wise it ended up slowly effecting me. I was taking it about 30 minutes before I hit the gym and was feeling it as I walked in the door. Like other pre-workout products Assault still gives off that itchy burning feeling when its starts kicking in but as soon as you start working out you are staying focused. During my experience I was noticing that it was helping with that energy to get your last few reps in. I never had an issue with it fading away during the middle of my workout, it was a full energized workout until the end. Along with staying focused I was able to feel my strength go up in the short time I was able to take it. At the time I was working out 7 days a week giving each body part the proper amount of time of rest in between and was noticing my want of adding weight quickly. Flavor was there as well, although a little sweet the flavor was there in a good way. The one thing that they weren't able to avoid was its ability to mix. Just like other pre-workouts it still has that little bit of powder left on bottom that it seems like you just cant avoid. If your looking for a good pre-workouts at the right price this is definitely one on the shelves to compete with at a price of 35.00 dollars at my local supplement store. If your not allergic to coconut like me or anything else in this product it is one I would recommend for any one to try.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Nice Pump
        February 2, 2014

livetoday823

Reviews: 10

Age: 34

February 2, 2014
        Old formula vs New

I use to use MP's old Assault as my primary preworkout around first half of 2012. I picked up a bunch from the Olympia show, they were doing cash deals for $20 each! Well it was $25, but I negotiated for a volume deal ha. Now on to the actual performance.

Old Assault, I took the half scoop, never full. The old assault, they stated on the label exactly what you're getting with a dose. 4g of beta alanine, 5g creatine, etc. New Assault, you have no idea...

Regarding pump, endurance and jitters, I loved that you got the energy boost and extra set in that you expect off a pre-workout, without the crazy jitters a lot of pres have. I could easily push weight for an hour no problemo.

New Assault, I get a slight flush even at half the dosage. I've read other people's review that it may have something do with the niacin. I also read that MP was actually losing money despite being one of the fastest growing supp companies in America. You'll notice that they removed Con-cret, rhodiola rosea(cheaper beet substitute), AstraGin and few other ingredients with the new formula, which I assume was a cost cutting move. If you bring the old Assault back MP, I'm with you 100%.
        • Flushing
        November 16, 2013

nickyfondz

Age: 20

November 16, 2013
        Assault.. somewhere in the middle

This pre-workout is one of the better known ones. Muscle Pharm is a well-known company. It is usually comparable to C4, Jack3d, and a few others.

Price: 8/10
        It is usually around $1 per serving. There are different size bottles and the more servings you get the less you pay per serving. Fairly inexpensive PWO. Can't really complain about the price too much.

Mixability: 8/10
        It mixed fairly well. There was no grainy taste at the bottom or anything left over. I will say that the scoops are huge though. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a lot of powder.

Taste: 7/10
        The taste was pretty decent. I had the Blue Raspberry. It tasted like what one would expect from a Blue Raspberry PWO. Nothing excitingly tasty, but enjoyable.

Energy: 6/10
        This is where it lost me. The energy didn't really do it for me. It was a clean increase in energy, but the energy was only slight. I guess you could say it got me off the couch to go, but didn't give me the powerful energy that most are looking for. It felt like it was missing something. I felt the energy from the caffeine, but didn't feel a strength or focus increase. It was almost if I had drank a cup of coffee and nothing else. I could somehow tell that I was getting the energy primarily from caffeine.

Ingredient profile: 7/10
        Caffeine is listed at 150mg, which is slightly above average for one scoop of a PWO. It does have a good amount of B vitamins, vitamin C, and calcium, which I think is a plus. It does have creatine, which I also like. Beta-alinine is listed in 'ATP Amplifier' and is another well-liked ingredient.

The value is pretty good. You can probably get away with using one scoop, especially if you aren't stim-tolerant. At $1 per scoop it is pretty good.

Overall: 6.5/10
        This is another average, middle-of-the-road, pre-workout. There is nothing overly great about it. I may recommend it to someone that is just getting into PWOs, but for the advanced stim junkie I would stay away.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Great Endurance
        October 21, 2013

Age: 23

October 21, 2013
        Assault .... the nearest toilet

This may be my first review, but I've tried my fair share of pre-workouts (Jack3D, Mesomorph, GreenMag, 1M.R, NO-Xplode, Alphamine .. etc) - and I have 6 years of training under my belt including regional powerlifting competitions.

Now then let's move onto the review.

Assault is THE most overhyped supplement I've ever seen/tried...and that's saying a lot. The ingredient profile looked great. Everybody was worshipping it. MusclePharm was even voted BRAND OF THE YEAR by bb.com. So I was thinking: wow I could be onto a winner here. So I bought a tub off of bb.com

What a mistake.

==TASTE: 6/10 - Rasberry Lemonade==
        Not too bad, a bit too sweet for my taste buds. But adding enough water sorts that out. Definitely not the worst tasting preWorkout I've tried.

==MIXABILITY: 7/10==
        A bit of residue. Acceptable overall.

==EFFECTIVENESS: 1/10==
        The only thing you will be ASSAULTing after taking this, is the nearest toilet. Guaranteed within 5-10mins, you will empty your intestine. In summary, it offered absolutely no benefit at all! I was very disappointed by this product.
        --->Energy: 0/10 - No Effect
        --->Pump: 0/10 - No Effect
        --->Endurance: 0/10 - No Effect
        --->Strength: 0/10 - No Effect
        --->*Bonus* = You will have an empty intestine.
        Honestly, I have NO IDEA how people were getting all these amazing effects 'builds muscle', 'nice pump'..etc. Despite the ingredient profile, this was an absolutely useless - in every single way. Just a nice tasting, fast acting laxative.

==VALUE: 0/10==
        Money flushed down the toilet. Literally.

In summary, MusclePharm have lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.
          • Upset Stomach

Reputation: +524
          New formula?

Joined: 10/2013
          Reputation: +17
          I haven't heard of any formula changes. But despite that, I was stunned that something with such a impressive ingredient profile and such a strong fanbase provided 0 benefit to me.

I'd vote this the most disappointing supplement I've ever tried: seemingly strong fanbase, respected award on bb.com, solid reviews -> a complete waste in every way. Just not for me it seems.

Meuth
          Meuth

Joined: 3/2010
          Reviews: 40
          Reputation: +3598
          Assault gets reformulated on a regular basis. It started out as a very good supplement when it came out but the changes that are made so often have possibly ruined it.

RaleighReps
          RaleighReps

Joined: 2/2011
          Reputation: +167
          * just for your info: Alphamine & GreenMAG aren't PWOs.

Joined: 10/2013
          Reputation: +17
          * just for your info: I train in the morning, fasted.

* just for your info:
          Directions For Green MAGnitude: To assess...cold water and consume before or after your workout

Directions for Use: ... begin drinking 1 scoop ...on an empty stomach 15-30 minutes before breakfast ...

Have you used Assault? Submit your own Review!