Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA > Muscle Pharm > Amino 1 > Reviews

Amino 1

By Muscle Pharm
Amino 1 Muscle Pharm
7.4/10
(Weighted average based on 6 Reviews)

Ranks #75 of 96 (better than 22%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Daloof911's Amino 1 Review

Amino 1 had its ups and downs, but was only a mediocre Intraworkout supplement. Here's what I thought:

Profile:

(L-Taurine, Coconut Water Powder, Beet
Root, Goldenseal Root Powder,
Sarsaparilla Root Powder, Slipper Elm
Bark Powder)

Needless to say, it doesn't look all that great as a BCAA supplement, considering it has half as many BCAAs as Xtend and other BCAAS supplements. Also, it uses SR public enemy #1: Proprietary Blends. Here's a few of the more obscure ingredients explained:

-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1: 2 parts L-Citrulline and 1 part DL-malic acid. DL-malic acid provides L-malic acid which helps produce ATP during the Citric Acid Cycle.
-Coenzyme Q-10: Helps produce ATP and improve exercise performance
-Goldenseal Root Powder: A natural antibiotic that is considered as a "cure-all" herb. It is sometimes made into a tea to help cure a sore throat.
-Sarsaparilla Root Powder: A traditional Native American herb to treat syphilis, skin diseases, and to help increase sweating.
-Slippery Elm Bark Powder: Mostly used to coat mucus membranes to help soothe and absorb toxins

There are a few ingredients that are pretty questionable like the Sarsaparilla Root Powder and the Slippery Elm Bark Powder as to why they are in there, but their "hydrate system" worked pretty well if you ask me.

I didn't experience as good muscle endurance or between-set recovery as I have with Xtend. On the other hand, it had to have been one of the most thirst-quenching drinks that I've had. I ran a few times while using this and it worked incredibly well for hydration, which in turn, allowed me to keep running harder and longer. Unfortunately, I was lean-bulking while using Amino 1 so I kept running to a minimum and my workouts were weight-based and the hydration was less needed than when I ran. This being said, I would have much rather had the between-set recovery in Xtend than the hydration from Amino 1. I also feel like they try to draw people in with their "Patent-Pending BCAA 3:1:2 Ratio" acting like its a scientific breakthrough, when really, I noticed no extra benefit compared to a 2:1:1 ratio.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10
I had the Cherry Limeade flavor and it was delicious. Looked forward to drinking it during my workouts. It also mixed very well. There were a few "floaties" but that is expected in BCAA supplements, so I didn't mark off there.

This runs about $24 on Bodybuilding.com for 32 servings making it 75 cents a serving. Some might want to double scoop for the extra BCAAs but I just stuck to 1 scoop per workout.

I enjoyed my experience with Amino 1 but I personally feel like there are better BCAAs out there. I would only recommend it to people who are cutting down and running a lot due to the hydration benefits.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Hydration
  • Questionable Ingredients
  • Low Bcaa Quantities
  • No Added Endurance Or Energy

Oisto

Oisto's Amino 1 Review

As a precursor to this review, I took AMINO1 in two ways. Firstly i took one scoop in a large bottle of water for added aminos throughout the day and, secondly, I took it intra workout.

Effectiveness 6/10 - "The Athletes' ***tail!
Revolutionary Sports Performance Muscle Recovery...

Effectiveness 6/10 - "The Athletes' ***tail!
Revolutionary Sports Performance Muscle Recovery & Hydration Drink". That's what MP bill this as. Unfortunately the only field that this product actually excels in is hydration. I think this product is under-dosed in terms of BCAAs (only 3g), especially when compared to the likes of Xtend.

When it came to the energy aspect I felt it also underperformed. It perked me up slightly but nothing aside from that. I was disappointed as I really enjoy Amino Energy from O.N. to perk me up throughout the day. I didn't get as much of a wake up, as I did with Amino Energy.

The hydration factor was what saved this product. While I was taking it I was doing a lot of strong man stuff (prowlers, sleds, tires etc.). I found the "Amino Hydrate System" excellent. Whether this was the coconut water or not I don't know. I haven't drank coconut water on it's own to assess this because it tastes like ass imo. So thumbs up here.

Taste & Mixability 8/10 - I bought the cherry limeade flavour. I'm giving it an eight because several friends of mine who tried it loved the flavour. I wasn't mad on it and find it very sweet, but if you're a major fan of the likes of cherry cola you'll love this. Mixability, I can have zero complaints. Never had any issues with lumps or mixing. There was also a lot less "discharges" to be seen in the likes of Amino Energy.

Value 6/10 - I thought the value was very average. I got it for cost price through the shop I work in, but for customers it's the same price as Xtend. As an inferior product I just don't think the price tag is justified, albeit with two extra servings.

Overall 6/10 - I just think this is a really really average product and not worth the money. There are superior BCAA and recovery products out there. In terms of hydration, just up your water intake pretraining and during the day. Save yourself the cash.

Hope this helps chiefs,
Oisín

Pros:
Cons:
  • Slight Energy Increase
  • Good Hydration
  • Workouts Remained The Same
  • Questionable Ingredients
  • Low Bcaa Quantities

Oisto

Posted January 19, 2013
That's meant to read

There was also a lot less "discharges" to be seen THAN in the likes of Amino Energy.

TexasMuscle's Amino 1 Review

I havent seen any reviews at all for this relatively new product out there yet, so here goes... this is also my first review, guys, so go easy on me!!

I picked up a container of AMINO1 from bodybuilding.com because I was interested in trying a new BCAA supplement. I ordered the cherry lime aid flavor (only cherry limeaid and lemon lime were available at this time, now two new flavors are available) and was extremely satisfied with the product, so lets jump into this.

Profile: 9/10
I really loved the inclusion of b6 and taurine as far as the energy profile goes, and I also liked the leucine(1500mg), isoleucine(500mg) and valine(1000mg) amounts contained. The one thing I did not like is that the Amino Hydrate ingredients are a proprietary blend and you do not know how much you are getting of each ingredient.

Taste: 9/10
This was by far the greatest tasting supplement i have EVER had! It tastes EXACTLY like a cherry limeaid that I could buy at a restaurant. I usually mixed it with about 14-16 ounces of water, because I felt that the flavor is a little strong at times. The only reason I rated taste at a 9 is because unless the stuff is cold, it lacks in taste and has a bit of strange flavor.

Mixability: 10/10
I never had to shake a serving of this more than 10 times, it mixed flawlessly.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
I took this product while on a lean bulk phase, and have began a true bulk at this point. This review is for the lean bulk phase, and I will write another during my true bulk by request.. I took this product first thing in the morning with my protein shake, breakfast etc and did notice a boost in my energy. I did not, however, notice a large boost of energy and/or endurance during my workouts. I tried taking it intra as well as pre workout but it never delivered exactly what the bottle and website claimed it would deliver. I have never taken PWO supps so I am not stim sensetive by any standards. Again, it does give you an energy boost, but its not quite what they are claiming on the bottle. I didnt notice extreme muscle gains while on this, but i feel that it does fuel your muscles better that most amino/bcaa supps. I love MP products, and will be posting reviews for the others I have tried. I will be buying this again as well as recommending it to others.

value: 9/10
I picked it up on sale for 34.99 at bodybuilding.com, and for 50 servings, I feel like that is a superb deal.

overall: 9/10
I really enjoyed this product, and like I said before, I will definitely be recommending it to others as well as purchasing it again.

• No Added Endurance Or Energy

When you need something to keep you going through your workout.

I was turned onto this product from a friend who was sampling a few packets from a show he attended. I bought a few bottles on sale. The taste was one of the things that stood out to me the most. It was able to drink it slowly without having to chug it down. There were no side effects from taking this product. I had tried a few others but nothing had the taste I was looking for when it was something I was going to be drinking on a regular basis. I feel this product really gave me the extra edge when putting it to the test on the those longer, tougher, workouts. Leg day especially for me this product seem to push me those extra reps and keep my body hydrated for better performance. I would definitely recommend this product to someone who is looking for a great tasting amino to help them push on.

• Performance Incresed

Good stuff, good rep, a high quality BCAA

Solid taste for the rasp lemonade. Tried the glacier and thought it would be berries though it came across tropical and hints of coconut. Mixed decent and has a lot in the complex.

Would take it between work outs. I really like the hydration aspect of the product and it keeps you away from the Gatorade and what not. I like a lot of the results i get from muscle pharm. Did not notice anything crazy as my workouts changing. The inflammation stayed down and helped with soreness a lot. I highly recommend it and the Strawberry Marg is delicious if you can get your hands on it.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Hydration
    • Helped Soreness Go Away

Best BCAA I have used to date

I bought this product at Vitamin Shoppe, I had a coupon and returned something. So the 30 dollar price tag wasn't that bad to me. I acquired the Orange Mango flavor, it may have stained a shaker bottle I own. The flavor is basically incredible and the bottle smelling like Orange Mango isn't a bad thing.

I have used this product for 2 months, it has helped with my recovery and gains. I have done everything from hardcore leg days to hardcore chest days. This product helped my body to feel better after being sore.

Obviously 30 servings for 30 dollars in a BCAA isn't the best value. I have bought Amino Energy for 25 dollars for 2 containers and I felt it aided my recovery too. But if you are looking for a BCAA without caffeine this product is the best.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Slight Energy Increase
    • Good Hydration
    • Helped Soreness Go Away