Amino 1 Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #67 of 94 (better than 29%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino 1 is a BCAA manufactured by Muscle Pharm. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

November 15, 2015

Hello SR Community. This will be my third review here. I just finished a 60 serving of Amino1 (also known as Mr. Hydration) so I'm prepared to do my judgment. Btw, you don't see that 60 serving size everywhere. This product always had my attention so I was waiting for a good offer to try it. The good offer came (See VALUE for more details) and it was time to try it! The 60 servings allowed me to try this product before, during and after my workouts, although I haven't tried the 3 at the same time because I already use a pre-workout. I've mixed it with my preworkout though. Anyways, read below to see if this product still has my attention...

----Ingredient Profile---- 8.5
+ Nice green color from the 60 serving size bag, the labels (type of letter, information, etc) is also alright.
+ It has 3 grams of BCAA. It's not high but I wouldn't say it's low either so I would say it's "average".
+ It has a high amount of Vitamins C and B6 + Magnesium Oxide.

+ One of the things I like the most is that it has Citrulline Malate, L-Carnitine Tartrate and Coenzyme Q-10. The first 2 because I consider them to be very effective ingredients and the Coenzyme Q-10 because very few amino products (atleast the main ones) that I've seen have that ingredient.

+ And to conclude with the ingredients, it has Coconut Water. I dislike Coconut Water by itself but it's known to have hydration properties so I like the fact that this product has Coconut Water. It's a very good idea. More brands are now adding it to their new products. The Amino1 also has other ingredients (some herbs and aminos) but I don't know anything about the herbs it has so I can't say anything about them. The other Aminos are common (Taurine, Glycine and Alanine).

----Taste 6 (Fruit Punch) /Mixability 10 /Dosing 8 ----
*The TASTE of this product was the thing I disliked the most. I had the Fruit Punch flavor. I've only tried that flavor so I can't talk about the other flavors. This fruit punch flavor NEEDS to be drunk with Cold Water. Their directions say Cold Water for a reason! I like my products to have a sweet taste but this one doesn't. That's not the reason I give it a low number though. The flavor isn't bad but it's not good! So with warm water, I give it a 4-5 (awful taste with warm water) and with cold water I give it a 6 maybe a 7 if I'm generous.

*It never gave me problems MIXING it so I gave it a 10 there.

*DOSING: Apart from the BCAA and Vitamins/Minerals, the rest of the ingredients come in a blend. So I don't know if they are under-dosed or not. I gave it an 8 because I like the ingredients and I don't think they are under-dosed. But I can't be sure of that.

----Effectiveness---- 8
You can use Mr. Hydration before, during or after a workout. I've mixed it several times with my Pre-Workout. I honestly don't recommend you to use it as your pre-workout by itself, you can mix it with your pre-workout if you want but not as a preworkout by itself. I think the best moment to drink the Amino1 is DURING your workout. It has worked the best for me during my workout. I've used it post-workout too and it did a good job, especially after finishing Cardio, it was very refreshing.

Why I call it Mr. Hydration?? Because the main feature of this product is Hydration. I think it does a decent job hydrating. Recovery was average. The coconut water seems to do its job here. I also like that it gives us energy without caffeine. I usually have 2 scoops of my pre-workout so I don't need more caffeine! MusclePharm knows Hydration is the best feature of the Amino1 because most of the information the product has is about Hydration and it's alright. I feel a difference when I drink it intra-workout and when I don't so that means the product is effective. Not very effective but it works so I give it an 8.

----Value---- 8.3
When we talk about value, we have to judge it with offers and without offers compared to the competition. If we compare the Amino1's value with the competition, without any offers, then it has a good value because you get 32 servings for $23 approx and even better, you get the 50 serving one for $30! That's great and cheap! (For you US consumers). That being said, the bad thing is that the Amino1 doesn't get too many offers during the year. I monitor prices of products every week and the Amino1 didn't have many offers. That being said, I can't complain about the offer I got. I bought the Amino1 of 60 servings on a BOGO deal at M&S so I got 120 servings for $44.99!

So with offers, some products of the competition would definitely beat the prices of the Amino1. The Amino Build from MuscleTech for example, always has good offers throught the year. That's why I give it an 8.3 (judging the 2 situations I put, with and without offers). The BOGO offer I got is definitely a 10/10 though! And that BOGO deal lasted several months but only at M&S, not other sites, which is why I said this product doesn't get too many offers.

----Side Effects---- 7
I took 60 servings (and I'm taking more at the moment lol). It's almost impossible I didn't feel bad one day from drinking this. One day I drank Amino1 post-workout and then like 15 mins later I had Pro-Antium... I suffered a violent diarrhea that night lol. So from that day, I usually drink my Amino1 Intra-Workout and I haven't had big problems with it. The few days I drink it post-workout, I drink my protein like 2-3 hours after I drink the Amino1. Overall, side effects were 'under control'.

----Conclusion---- 8
So Overall, I give this product an 8. The fruit punch flavor isn't good but it isn't bad either. It has good ingredients. Best when taken Intra-Workout (During your workout). Main feature is Hydration. Make sure you always drink with cold water for better effects and taste. 12-16oz of water, which means you should drink it slowly, not all at once. The question from the beginning: It still has my attention? Yes but not like before lol. Now I'm curious to try other flavors but I need a rest from all the 120 servings I'll drink at the end! My lifting partner also tried 60 servings of Amino1 and he liked it more than me. So I think the Amino1 Hydration is a good product, try it!

Thanks for everything Mr. Hydration!
  • No Caffeine
  • Awful With Warm Water
  • Average BCAA
  • Fruit Punch: 6/10
  January 19, 2013

As a precursor to this review, I took AMINO1 in two ways. Firstly i took one scoop in a large bottle of water for added aminos throughout the day and, secondly, I took it intra workout.

Effectiveness 6/10 - "The Athletes' ***tail!
Revolutionary Sports Performance Muscle Recovery & Hydration Drink". That's what MP bill this as. Unfortunately the only field that this product actually excels in is hydration. I think this product is under-dosed in terms of BCAAs (only 3g), especially when compared to the likes of Xtend.

When it came to the energy aspect I felt it also underperformed. It perked me up slightly but nothing aside from that. I was disappointed as I really enjoy Amino Energy from O.N. to perk me up throughout the day. I didn't get as much of a wake up, as I did with Amino Energy.

The hydration factor was what saved this product. While I was taking it I was doing a lot of strong man stuff (prowlers, sleds, tires etc.). I found the "Amino Hydrate System" excellent. Whether this was the coconut water or not I don't know. I haven't drank coconut water on it's own to assess this because it tastes like ass imo. So thumbs up here.

Taste & Mixability 8/10 - I bought the cherry limeade flavour. I'm giving it an eight because several friends of mine who tried it loved the flavour. I wasn't mad on it and find it very sweet, but if you're a major fan of the likes of cherry cola you'll love this. Mixability, I can have zero complaints. Never had any issues with lumps or mixing. There was also a lot less "discharges" to be seen in the likes of Amino Energy.

Value 6/10 - I thought the value was very average. I got it for cost price through the shop I work in, but for customers it's the same price as Xtend. As an inferior product I just don't think the price tag is justified, albeit with two extra servings.

Overall 6/10 - I just think this is a really really average product and not worth the money. There are superior BCAA and recovery products out there. In terms of hydration, just up your water intake pretraining and during the day. Save yourself the cash.

Hope this helps chiefs,
  • Good Hydration
  • Slight Energy Increase
  • Workouts Remained The Same
  • Questionable Ingredients
  • Low Bcaa Quantities
  December 26, 2012

Amino 1 had its ups and downs, but was only a mediocre Intraworkout supplement. Here's what I thought:

3g BCAAs (3:1:2)-
(L-Taurine, Coconut Water Powder, Beet
Root, Goldenseal Root Powder,
Sarsaparilla Root Powder, Slipper Elm
Bark Powder)

Needless to say, it doesn't look all that great as a BCAA supplement, considering it has half as many BCAAs as Xtend and other BCAAS supplements. Also, it uses SR public enemy #1: Proprietary Blends. Here's a few of the more obscure ingredients explained:

-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1: 2 parts L-Citrulline and 1 part DL-malic acid. DL-malic acid provides L-malic acid which helps produce ATP during the Citric Acid Cycle.
-Coenzyme Q-10: Helps produce ATP and improve exercise performance
-Goldenseal Root Powder: A natural antibiotic that is considered as a "cure-all" herb. It is sometimes made into a tea to help cure a sore throat.
-Sarsaparilla Root Powder: A traditional Native American herb to treat syphilis, skin diseases, and to help increase sweating.
-Slippery Elm Bark Powder: Mostly used to coat mucus membranes to help soothe and absorb toxins

There are a few ingredients that are pretty questionable like the Sarsaparilla Root Powder and the Slippery Elm Bark Powder as to why they are in there, but their "hydrate system" worked pretty well if you ask me.

I didn't experience as good muscle endurance or between-set recovery as I have with Xtend. On the other hand, it had to have been one of the most thirst-quenching drinks that I've had. I ran a few times while using this and it worked incredibly well for hydration, which in turn, allowed me to keep running harder and longer. Unfortunately, I was lean-bulking while using Amino 1 so I kept running to a minimum and my workouts were weight-based and the hydration was less needed than when I ran. This being said, I would have much rather had the between-set recovery in Xtend than the hydration from Amino 1. I also feel like they try to draw people in with their "Patent-Pending BCAA 3:1:2 Ratio" acting like its a scientific breakthrough, when really, I noticed no extra benefit compared to a 2:1:1 ratio.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10
I had the Cherry Limeade flavor and it was delicious. Looked forward to drinking it during my workouts. It also mixed very well. There were a few "floaties" but that is expected in BCAA supplements, so I didn't mark off there.

This runs about $24 on for 32 servings making it 75 cents a serving. Some might want to double scoop for the extra BCAAs but I just stuck to 1 scoop per workout.

I enjoyed my experience with Amino 1 but I personally feel like there are better BCAAs out there. I would only recommend it to people who are cutting down and running a lot due to the hydration benefits.

• Good Hydration
  • No Added Endurance Or Energy
  • Questionable Ingredients
  • Low Bcaa Quantities
Rep: 0
  November 25, 2012

I havent seen any reviews at all for this relatively new product out there yet, so here goes... this is also my first review, guys, so go easy on me!!

I picked up a container of AMINO1 from because I was interested in trying a new BCAA supplement. I ordered the cherry lime aid flavor (only cherry limeaid and lemon lime were available at this time, now two new flavors are available) and was extremely satisfied with the product, so lets jump into this.

Profile: 9/10
I really loved the inclusion of b6 and taurine as far as the energy profile goes, and I also liked the leucine(1500mg), isoleucine(500mg) and valine(1000mg) amounts contained. The one thing I did not like is that the Amino Hydrate ingredients are a proprietary blend and you do not know how much you are getting of each ingredient.

Taste: 9/10
This was by far the greatest tasting supplement i have EVER had! It tastes EXACTLY like a cherry limeaid that I could buy at a restaurant. I usually mixed it with about 14-16 ounces of water, because I felt that the flavor is a little strong at times. The only reason I rated taste at a 9 is because unless the stuff is cold, it lacks in taste and has a bit of strange flavor.

Mixability: 10/10
I never had to shake a serving of this more than 10 times, it mixed flawlessly.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
I took this product while on a lean bulk phase, and have began a true bulk at this point. This review is for the lean bulk phase, and I will write another during my true bulk by request.. I took this product first thing in the morning with my protein shake, breakfast etc and did notice a boost in my energy. I did not, however, notice a large boost of energy and/or endurance during my workouts. I tried taking it intra as well as pre workout but it never delivered exactly what the bottle and website claimed it would deliver. I have never taken PWO supps so I am not stim sensetive by any standards. Again, it does give you an energy boost, but its not quite what they are claiming on the bottle. I didnt notice extreme muscle gains while on this, but i feel that it does fuel your muscles better that most amino/bcaa supps. I love MP products, and will be posting reviews for the others I have tried. I will be buying this again as well as recommending it to others.

value: 9/10
I picked it up on sale for 34.99 at, and for 50 servings, I feel like that is a superb deal.

overall: 9/10
I really enjoyed this product, and like I said before, I will definitely be recommending it to others as well as purchasing it again.

• Workouts Remained The Same
  • No Added Endurance Or Energy

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.