Muscle Gauge Nutrition Alpha Rage

We have discovered and deleted several possible fake reviews: Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN) Reps posting FAKE reviews!
Alpha Rage Muscle Gauge Nutrition
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (1 Review)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Alpha Rage (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
33.95 Buy Alpha Rage $5.95 Flat Rate Shipping! Buy Alpha Rage
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

A New Pre-workout By MGN Called: Alpha Rage.
This looks like a good one to me but 34.00 for 21 servings thats if one servings...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Alpha Rage Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Alpha Rage Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Insane Hr Spike (1)
    • Horrible Beta-alanine Reaction (1)
    Have you used Alpha Rage? Submit your own Review!
    January 11, 2013

Reviews: 106

Age: 24

January 11, 2013
     An especially big “thank you” to the MGN reps for their initial offer to the Expert Reviewers awhile back. Such generosity is always appreciated.

Now, to the task at hand: Alpha Rage. My whole experience with MGN thus far has been mixed, finding products I truly loved (BCAA Extended), some products I felt were a waste of time (Trim Down Advanced), & everything in between. The last product I was given to review was their pre-workout supplement, Alpha Rage. It’s billed as the “most concentrated pre-workout formula”, & that may be so, but as fate would have it I was left with more rage than an alpha feeling.

PROFILE: C

If you can squint your eyes hard enough or have a magnifying on hand, you’ll find that the ingredient profile is what one would expect of a pre-workout product: stimulants, beta-alanine, creatine, & other various performance enhancers.

I only have two issues with the profile, one being personal preference & the other based off a bad reaction. The first issue deals with the creatine, in that there are three different types of creatine present. Taking into consideration that Creatine Monohydrate, Kre-Alkalyn™, & Di-Creatine Malate are all part of an “electric power matrix” totaling 3 grams, you find it hard to believe any one of them is properly dosed. I’m no expert, & maybe all three together dosed in this way are as effective as anyone properly dosed, but personally I’ve always found that troubling. I’ve always responded better to singular types of creatine, but a friend of mine does prefer these creatine blends. I still don’t like this “electric power matrix”, though. Give me one of them & dose it properly.

My second issue lies with the beta-alanine. I’m no stranger to BA & have used many products containing this ingredient, but something is up with the BA in Alpha Rage. At just one scoop, I finally experienced those “beta-tingles” I hear people talk about. There was one problem though, I got hit hard (& that is probably an understatement). Within 10-15 minutes my nose got really itchy & very hot, then my face, & then finally my arms & shins. It would have been alright, but it was extremely uncomfortable & was very hard to ignore. I mentioned this to a few of my buddies, some of which were fellow Expert Reviewers, & they all were equally puzzled by my reaction. After about 30 minutes from when it all settled in, it slowly began to dissipate. Whether it was 1/3 of a serving, or a full 3 scoops (1serving), the outcome was the same. I know it wasn’t an allergic reaction to any ingredient (I’ve taken products using them all before), & was left with only questions concerning the quality of ingredients.

Overall, the ingredient profile is pretty standard & normal IMO. However, I didn’t like the way I reacted to it. Be warned, & take my reaction however you wish.

EFFECTIVENESS: C

I gave Alpha Rage every opportunity to prove itself, & more basically help itself. I cycled off stimulants to see if that would help, & used Alpha Rage exclusively for a few weeks, basically everything I could to help calm my reaction to the BA & help improve the results. All efforts ended in vain, unfortunately.

The energy was average at its best. Nothing extra special no boosts beyond what a double-strength energy drink could yield. The pumps were OK, but again nothing spectacular to outweigh the bad sides. There really isn’t much else to state here.

Besides the beta-alanine reaction, I also experienced an insane spike in heart rate (at one scoop, 1/3 of a serving) the one time I took it before Martial Arts (cardio). Within 20 minutes of the most basic mundane of drills my heart rate spike to over 180bpm & wasn’t slowing down. It was so bad I had to step away from the drills, which I absolutely hate doing. I pride myself on being able to finish workouts in their entirety, but not at the risk of serious consequences, especially where the heart is concerned. I did not experience this spike in heart rate when lifted, though.

All-in-all the effectiveness of Alpha-Rage was very average, but the sides were just too much.

VALUE: D

The price in-of-itself is not bad at all, but not good either IMO. Alpha Rage runs around $35 for a 454 gram tub, or 21 full servings. That’s over $1/serving, which as stated isn’t the best at all. Couple that with the average benefits & hefty risks (for myself at least), the value tanks & tanks. I won’t pay anything for a product the turns my red & machine guns my heart rate:

OVERALL: F

I wish this would have fared much better, I really do. But the side effects were just too much for me to handle, & the results were just too little to justify.

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Insane Hr Spike
      • Horrible Beta-alanine Reaction
      Reply #1:
      petey7408
      petey7408

Joined: 3/2009
      Reviews: 38
      Reputation: +3991
      You're just reviewing this now? No new products for you.

-AP

Reply #2:

Joined: 8/2009
      Reviews: 106
      Reputation: +2792
      :'(

If you read the review, you'll see why it took me awhile.

Reply #3:
      Frankiemusc
      Frankiemusc

Joined: 8/2010
      Reviews: 37
      Reputation: +1228
      @petey if current ER's are underperforming, there are several active reviewers (not me)waiting in the wings for promotions

Have you used Alpha Rage? Submit your own Review!