Home > Categories > Protein > Weight Gainers > MRI > Quick Gainer > Reviews

Quick Gainer

By MRI
Quick Gainer MRI
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 6 Reviews)

Ranks #26 of 31 (better than 17%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

VERY VERY complete gaine

VERY VERY complete gainer. The only reason I don't rate it higher is because of consistency in the mix. It's almost unbearable. Taste is ok, but it's like drinking cake mix damn near. It's really over-filling. I found the best way to do it is split doses into 2 shakers for better consistency. Pretty impressive gains, though. Like I said, VERY complete. Half-dosing is near perfect for light to moderate gains like I myself prefer. Give it a try, definitely worth a peep.

juicecarlson's Quick Gainer Review

I finished my tub about a month ago and have been trying to find a gainer that actually works well. While there are some strengths to this gainer (paid 12 bucks for it at the Supplement Warehouse store in West Allis, WI), there, to me, are more weaknesses.

RESULTS: I took one serving a day, split into two halves (2 scoops and 2 scoops). After consuming the whole 5 lb container (which really isn't that much), I gained no weight at all, let alone weight from muscle rather than fat. I was taking in plenty of calories - around 3,500 a day with the gainer. My diet consisted of kielbasa or another somewhat fatty meat for breakfast with whole wheat breads or cereals, with whole wheat breads and lean meats throughout the day after that. I do eat simple carbs after my workout though. I was 173 when I started - I was 169 when I finished. You will soon find out why.

Not yet though. TASTE: I had the vanilla and it was fine. It was light especially if split in two and even when mixed as a full 4-scoop serving, most shaker cups have enough water capacity to make it thin enough. I have no issues with the taste or consistency.

SIDE EFFECTS: This gainer could have been alright, had it not given me diarrhea 30% of the time. It was horrible. It probably accounts for the weight loss. My body reacts terribly to it, and if you can stomach it without the digestive problems, it will probably work better.

OVERALL, I do not recommend this product. If it gives people diarrhea, there is something about it that is not quite right. I took this with kre alk, Xtend, Beta Alanine, a multivitamin, Fish Oil, Platinum Hydro Whey, and ZMA. My stack was strong without too many extreme bells and whistles, and I have to say this gainer was the weakest link. I switched to Muscle Juice 2600, and have seen better results, but I'm not done with the 12-lb tub... so, I'll shut up now and save that for a separate review.

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Diarrhea

Virtus

Posted June 25, 2011
      Dune fan huh? Good stuff.

Oh hell yeah

kris65

Posted June 25, 2011
      Yea one of my teammates took this and didnt get much out of it, he switched to ISO MASS and it apparently worked much better for him

Posted June 25, 2011
      yeah. i've been told to go with iso mass and up your mass. i tried up your mass and it was delicious, but i didnt really see much gain. i will probably try iso mass next. either that or ON'S pro complex gainer.

marvelous89's Quick Gainer Review

My favorite weight gainer ever, but its discontinued! I loved the taste and it wasn't thick. This weight gainer kept me solid and did its job after my workouts. It was great for me because i play basketball so i would shed some pounds from running, but this thing always kept me solid along with my exercise routine. MRI needs to bring this back..

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Gained Weight

Posted April 3, 2011
        Go onto supplementwarehouse.com
        5lbs & 5lbs free for 20$

I started taking it about a month about and ive seen some pretty significant results. I went from 143 to 154 working out 5 to 6 days a week. The taste is great,very rich. Im trying to put on weight so ive been eating alot more which would probably add to the 11Ibs gain but overall its a really good product and i just but my second tub today.

I just finished my first tub, gained 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks

Im 5'7", 165 lbs. Bought from GNC buy one, get one half off. Usually 60 dollars, i paid 27 for one and then 13.50 for the next. great deal! just finished my first tub, gained 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks. some of it is fat but i'll be going onto some animal cuts before september. this summer has been some hard work. strict diet, 4 day split. but the carbs-protein ratio in this makes it a hella lot easier. also taking mri ce-2 hi def, superpump 250, plasmajet, and sizeon. also came with novedex but im 17 dont wanna mess with that yet. 30 day supply, so im prob gonna sell it. so far, so good. the only downside is the gas u get from this stuff. Oh dear, never ever take it before going somewhere where your not near a good restroom. Youve been warned!

Posted August 2, 2009
        the gas is the work of super dump, the stuff ain't bad but oh lord it gives you some stanky jet propulsion

Got stronger only because i push myself take it right

been taking it about a month and a half gained 10lbs got stronger only because i push myself take it right and it will work i take 2 scoops in the morining and the 4 scoops after i work out