Quick Gainer

By: MRI

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Quick Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by MRI. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.
COMPARE SIMILAR

sbow1986
Rep: -6
  December 31, 2010

VERY VERY complete gainer. The only reason I don't rate it higher is because of consistency in the mix. It's almost unbearable. Taste is ok, but it's like drinking cake mix damn near. It's really over-filling. I found the best way to do it is split doses into 2 shakers for better consistency. Pretty impressive gains, though. Like I said, VERY complete. Half-dosing is near perfect for light to moderate gains like I myself prefer. Give it a try, definitely worth a peep.
 Pros:
 Cons:
juicecarlson
  June 25, 2011

I finished my tub about a month ago and have been trying to find a gainer that actually works well. While there are some strengths to this gainer (paid 12 bucks for it at the Supplement Warehouse store in West Allis, WI), there, to me, are more weaknesses.

RESULTS: I took one serving a day, split into two halves (2 scoops and 2 scoops). After consuming the whole 5 lb container (which really isn't that much), I gained no weight at all, let alone weight from muscle rather than fat. I was taking in plenty of calories - around 3,500 a day with the gainer. My diet consisted of kielbasa or another somewhat fatty meat for breakfast with whole wheat breads or cereals, with whole wheat breads and lean meats throughout the day after that. I do eat simple carbs after my workout though. I was 173 when I started - I was 169 when I finished. You will soon find out why.

Not yet though. TASTE: I had the vanilla and it was fine. It was light especially if split in two and even when mixed as a full 4-scoop serving, most shaker cups have enough water capacity to make it thin enough. I have no issues with the taste or consistency.

SIDE EFFECTS: This gainer could have been alright, had it not given me diarrhea 30% of the time. It was horrible. It probably accounts for the weight loss. My body reacts terribly to it, and if you can stomach it without the digestive problems, it will probably work better.

OVERALL, I do not recommend this product. If it gives people diarrhea, there is something about it that is not quite right. I took this with kre alk, Xtend, Beta Alanine, a multivitamin, Fish Oil, Platinum Hydro Whey, and ZMA. My stack was strong without too many extreme bells and whistles, and I have to say this gainer was the weakest link. I switched to Muscle Juice 2600, and have seen better results, but I'm not done with the 12-lb tub... so, I'll shut up now and save that for a separate review.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Diarrhea

• Virtus
    June 25, 2011

Dune fan huh? Good stuff.
  • juicecarlson

Oh hell yeah
  • kris65
    June 25, 2011

Yea one of my teammates took this and didnt get much out of it, he switched to ISO MASS and it apparently worked much better for him
  • juicecarlson
    June 25, 2011

Yeah. i've been told to go with iso mass and up your mass. i tried up your mass and it was delicious, but i didnt really see much gain. i will probably try iso mass next. either that or ON'S pro complex gainer.

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.