Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Pump > MRI > NO2 Red > Reviews

NO2 Red

By MRI
NO2 Red MRI
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 10 Reviews)

Ranks #7 of 52 (better than 88%)
in Pre-Workout > Pump
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Blade410

Blade410's NO2 Red Review

Long time, no chat SR broskis!

I was able to score a bottle of this from my friend that works at GNC for a very nice friendly discount. Only paid $35. Hey, what's a few bottles of N.O. between friends right?

Let's...
Long time, no chat SR broskis!

Let's get to the review:

Product: The primary active ingredients are L-Arginine AKG, L-Arginine HCL, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, Arginine Ketoisocaproate,
L-Glycine, Citrulline Malate, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, L-Glutamine, Beta Alanine and
L-Histidine. This is a proprietary blend so you know it only adds up to 3.3g.

Effectivness: I didn't want to switch from my typical staple of Nitrox II with my PWO, but with Nitrox II on back order everywhere I figured to give his a try. Also it was a nice price too!

I ran this product every which way but loose. I ran it how the packaging stated, then did it 60 minutes prior and eventually crushed it mixed with PWO. Finally I found the mix that worked for me. I did 1.5 pills 75 minutes prior and then crushed the other 1.5 pills with the PWO (Jack3d 2 scoops) mixed it about 25 minutes prior to workout.

The pump was very good from this product, but was not comparable to Nitrox II. Still with Nitrox II you are setting the bar extermely high and with that said this is still a very good and effective N.O. supplement. Pumps were very good.

Taste: It's a pill, deal with the taste. People complain about taste, but as my broski Petey and I say, I will take better recovery and performance over taste any day of the week.

Current Split: Check my profile for my current split and stack.

Sides: No sides to speak of, pumps lastest for a nice duration.

Value: This is a GNC exclusive and the price shows it. It was overpriced, even with a gold card, although with GNC sales and discounts I see this product coming down in price because accordingly to my GNC people I know, NO ONE IS BUYING IT.

Conclusion: Not as effective as Nitrox II from Sci Fit, but what the hell really is? It is though a very solid product that can be an alternative to those who don't care for Nitrox II or can't find it currently. I give this a solid 7.5-8 star rating. Not the best, but a solid product.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Solid Product
  • Falls Short Of Nitrox Ii

Posted April 5, 2011
great review bro.I'm on yok and mix it with white flood and it works great.

Cray

Posted April 5, 2011
A Blade review?? I wet myself from excitement.

Blade410

Posted April 5, 2011
You know it broski, just when I thought I was out, you bi*ches pulled me back in!

kevO

Great Review Bladeski!!!
You are totally right about NitroxII setting the standard for all NO products

Manimal

Posted April 5, 2011
Nice review broski blade!

hntd's NO2 Red Review

This is my first review here please be gentle.

This is my first review here please be gentle.

I've taken 2 NO Boosters in the past with fairly good results. (Nitrix, NO2 Black) I had finished a bottle of NO2 Black the month before and was looking to try something a bit different as I was not impressed with it. Anyways, this was explained to me as being a stronger version of NO2 Black and it was on sale at GNC so I figured it was worth a try. I also liked the fact it has various vitamins in it as well. I believe I paid about 40$ for my bottle, which compared to what I had paid in the past for other similar products was pretty good.

Dosing: The bottle says take 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I'll admit I kind of skimmed over the directions and took 3 in the afternoon instead of 2. I don't think this caused any adverse effects, but I killed the bottle faster as a result. The pills are smooth and smaller than the ones you get in Nitrix (which are huge) and NO2 Black. (which are also huge and have a very rough texture on them) I'd take 3 in the morning and 3 before I trained. On non-training days I'd just take them in the morning and in between meals. With this I used C4 Extreme, Yok3d, Casein with BCAA powder, Whey with BCAA Powder and GNC Multi Vitamins. I also was on the tail end of a cycle of SizeOn Pre-Contest when I started this.

Pump: The pump was not noticeable to begin with, but ramped up pretty hardcore by the end of the cycle. I have very noticeably more vascular arms and shoulders now. Overall when the pump kicked in it was amazing. My strength didn't slam through the roof on this, but I was able to pound out reps more constantly and finish sets I would have otherwise thought I'd come up a bit short on. I could feel the blood was pumping much faster than without it and I had friends comment on my noticeably increased vascularity. I would say this is not a supplement you take to up your bench significant amounts, but rather to really stimulate your endurance and pump. At least that's how it affected me.

Overall: Overall, I liked the product a lot and I am definitely going to keep this as my NO product in the future. Just to highlight some points.

1. Very easy to take, the pills are easy to swallow and are smooth. They are also tasteless.
2. Noticeably increased vascularity and muscle pumps.
3. Stamina and reps to fail increased a good amount.

I'd recommend this to anyone trying to achieve the things I outlined above. Overall great product. The only reason I gave it a 7 on value was because 40 is still a bit expensive, but I bought it from GNC, so go figure.

Thanks!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Solid Product

kris65

Posted April 27, 2011
    good first review, yea im a solid supporter of NO 2 Black, think im going to grab a bottle of the Red now. Why would you take this and Yok3d, Yok3d is a nitric oxide supplement, that a bit of overkill dont you think?

Posted April 27, 2011
    The way Yok3d was explained to me was that if you were on an NO product it was suppose to "supplement" your supplement. Which to me sounded a bit strange, since Yok3d is just arganine nitrate and powergrape extract. I think you are right it was probably a bit overkill, but I won't be buying another bottle of yok3d. So I'm not worried about stacking it for a month.

Frankiemusc

Good, honest review.

Did u experience any side effects (ie. headaches initially)?

Posted April 27, 2011
    Nope, I haven't had any headaches or other issues associated with taking this.

jmlstocks

Posted April 27, 2011
    Great first review! Keep em coming.

Posted April 28, 2011
    Well communicated review. Contained a great deal of information. Truth

Posted April 28, 2011
    DIESEL review man. im taking no2 platinum now and you just sold me on no2 red. thanks bro

NO2 Black is excellent as well but it cost way too much

No2 red is perhaps the best Nitic Oxide supplement I have ever taken...in pill form that is. MRI continues to impress me. Let's not forget it was MRI who was innovative with this type of product in the first place.

NO2 Black is excellent as well but it cost way too much and you had to take too many pills. No2 Red is simpler, better, and worth every penny.

I'm currently taking this with two great products from Rival-US. I don't try one product line. I research and mix and match to form the best stack possible. I'm always trying new things and trying not to be a brand happy consumer.

Add NO2 to any stack and you wont regret it.

Posted January 13, 2011
      Prolly wanna wait till ya el'finisho el'producto before we post a review,beside that, good review.

OH,I didn't know

Posted January 13, 2011
      No worries. Try this product B.B. and review it yourself. I will reply and check helpful. Even if you don't like it.

Ok I checked helpful

Posted January 13, 2011
      In the words of a funny, chainsaw-hand anti-hero: Groovy!

adam777

Posted January 14, 2011
      You mentioned it was excellent, but can you be more specific. Did it help with strength gains, pump, energy, etc...?

Posted January 14, 2011
      No2 is as strong and effective as Black but its costs less and you take less pills. On its own it provides extended gym benefits, but stacking it! Don't forget your stack is better while on a N.O. supplement. Your system receives and distributes other supplements better while on an N.O. product. Hope this helps.

Posted January 14, 2011
      Hey! Secrets??!! I want 'em!!

dawg84

dawg84's NO2 Red Review

I just finished my first bottle of this and it was pretty good. First of all, I would suggest adding this to another pre-workout supplement product to gain the most from your workout. On it's own, you will notice better dialation throughout the day, but it doesn't give any amazing kick to your workout. I did feel like my muscles were harder and denser after taking this, and there were some good strength gains as well.

The major problem I noticed was that it dehydrated me really quickly. Normally during my workouts I will sip on water every two or three sets. When I was taking this, after one set my mouth was as dry as a desert. Obviously it is manageable to get past this, but it is a little annoying to have to get water after every set.

• Dehydrating

Posted January 25, 2011
      I know sometimes I don't drink enough water through out the day. Do you think if you drank more water throughout the day that it might help prevent dehydration durring the workout? Perhaps you're already drinking plenty of water throughout the day? Just curious.

dawg84

Posted January 25, 2011
      Yea, I drink a minimum of 128 ounces a day, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Also, I never had problems with dehydration before using this, so I figured it was the reason why.

Posted January 25, 2011
      Thanks for the additional details. I thought maybe that could have been a soloution for you but it's obvious you're drinking plenty of water! I wonder what other factors might come into play with dehydration?

cparsia16's NO2 Red Review

Hey guys how's it going? Nitric Oxide Boosters are always fun products to use, anything that makes your veins pop out more is always awesome. There are so many products out there, some work well, some don't. It's great to find one that works, seeing your veins more visible really helps you feel badass...also it does help with strength and endurance increases...you also get better transportation for nutrients to aid you, and for lactic acid to be sent away to fatigued muscles

MRI originially came out with their Original NO2..(platinum) and was basically just Arginine AKG and did the job, and can still be found in some places for cheap prices...then came NO2 Black, which i've never tried but heard was pretty good as well...I think that added an extra stage of NO production making it 2 stages...the new NO2 Red gives you 5 sources of nitric oxide production to give you a very complete and thorough process of vasodialation.

I picked it up at the GNC i work at for around 50 bucks with my discount :), I used it with CE2 Hi Def...AMino Energy (then after a couple weeks i finished with NO2 Hemo Surge) and I used Hydro whey post workout and gs whey pre workout and meal replacement...also used mm sport and Fish Oil...it was basically a stack for a month for me to try out MRI products together...CE2 Hi Def was pretty good and i have a review on that...NO2 Red was my favorite aspect of this stack...especially stacked with NO2 Red HEmo Surge which made it a little better.

Dosage- It says to take 3 pills, 30 min before breakfast...then 2 later on...i basically just made sure each serving was taken 30 min before my pre workout or breakfast Gold Standard whey...that worked pretty well and wasn't too hard to follow...pills werent too big...suck it uppppp

Ingredients- Very impressive...most notibly...L-Arginine AKG, L-Arginine HCL, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, and Arginine Ketoisocaproate...sooo the first NO2 was just arginine akg...and was a good product that started this influx of NO products...NO2 red is 5 times more effective in producing nitric oxide than it's ancestor the NO2 Platinum...with less pills too!!! NO2 Red also adds some glutamine, Beta Alanine, and histidine, to help with fatigue REDuction...so very good collection of ingredients to improve workouts and results

Effectiveness- It was a great pump all the time in the gym, my veins popped out a lotttt...more than any other NO Boosters i've used...especially with NO2 Red hemo surge...I've used NO3 black chrome (which was good) but N02 Red surpassed that and really helped me out a lot. I'm not thatttt lean (yet) i'm 6'6 245 lbs...around 20% bf..and a lot of that is on my belly...i hide fat well when wearing clothing hahaha...so my arms are somewhat vascular even not working out...when i was lifting my veins loooked if i wsa 5% or more lower in bf...so it really worked well to help with arm appearance...and most of all, STRENGTH and Recovery and NUTRIENT TRANSPORTATION...it did help me lift more throughout the month and keep adding a few lbs each week to most exercises...great to stack with any preworkout pretty much

Overall you can't go wrong with this product...say what you want about MRI...they know how to make nitric oxide pills...they started it all...there are some other good ones out there like no3 black chrome...yok3d...nitrox 2...but for me NO2 Red will do the most...always take interest in MRI made NO Boosters (and CE2 hi def, which is their only other good product)...nitric oxide products they know how to make well time after time

Pros:
      Cons:
      • 6 Nitric Oxide Precursors
      • Added Recovery Precursors
      • Increase In Vascularity

adam777

Posted August 16, 2011
      So NO2 red over nitrox II?! I enjoyed mri back in the day, but it got way too expensive. That is true I believe they were the first to come with the new phenomenon of nitric oxides. Anyway, nice review.

Posted August 16, 2011
      Thanks man, NO2 red did the most for me...it is REALLY expensive (bc of GNC haha) but its worth using for one month at least as i did...but to be honest i'm with you on price...no3 black chrome, yok3d, and nitrox 2 are better value and still get great pumps...so those are ones i'd use more regularly

nbrink

nbrink's NO2 Red Review

Where to start.. Ive taken NO2 Black and really liked that. If you have taken black before I felt very similar effects.

Pill Size--- Not too bad go down pretty easy with water and if they sit in you mouth for a few seconds you'll get a slightly minty taste. They're a little bigger than a L-glutamine pill from GNC. About an inch long, and a third of an inch wide.

Vascularity--- This had my veins popping out through out the day. I would be playing video games between classes and look down and just have veins all over my forearms. Very good pump during workout. Makes you look like a beast throughout the day.

dosage---3 pills 30 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach and then 2 more later in the afternoon. For a total of 5 pills. The last two pills really increase my energy throughout the day.

Overall I really liked NO2 Red but the price was pretty high and I think its just for sale at GNC.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Huge Pump
      • Solid Product

calvillo's NO2 Red Review

ok this was the second NO product that i started to use first one was black chrome which i loved.i had high hopes for NO2 RED.yet sadly i was let down miserably.i saw no increase in pump no vascularity and it was wildly expensive. plus the pills smelt awful. i just wont be taking this product again.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Box Looks Cool
      • Pills Smelt Awful

justadude's NO2 Red Review

Definitely increased vascularity and pump. But it doesn't really stand out above any other caplet form nitric oxide products. If you are looking for a good sustained release product make sure you use a caplet form, as the conversion of arginine to nitric oxide is about 26 seconds.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Huge Pump
      • Good Pump
      • Increase In Vascularity

fatKIDinGYM's NO2 Red Review

For background, this is the second Nitric Oxide supplement I have taken in pill form (NOX3 from Universal was the other) and I must say, overall, it is a decent product and better than NOX3.

PROS:
        -Potent product. The bottle says to take 3 in the morning, and 2 in the afternoon for an added "turbo charge" (kinda tacky phrasing if you ask me). However, I only took 3 in the morning as not to go through the bottle so fast.
        -The Pumps. With NO2 Red, I had decent pumps. I noticed the pumps came in about 5 days or so. It wasnt like a pre-workout kind of pump, but i could see my veins showing substantially (maybe twice as big as without it).
        -Results. I could actually tell it was working well because when I took my blood pressure at Walmart for kicks, it was noticeably lower (I'm guessing because I was more vascular)

CONS:
        -Price. I got the bottle at GNC on my gold card for about $50. Definitely look online for discount bottles
        -(There were no bad side effects, so price is the only real con)

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Huge Pump
        • Solid Product

bhs756's NO2 Red Review

I have used MRI NO2 Black and thought it was the best but this red blows it out of the water, my pump feels great and seems to last longer than the black. i also have high blood pressure and this has not dropped it to 120/69 was 135/89 but i also started a garlic supplement at the same time so keep that in mind strength is up and most of all great pump gained 9 lbs in the 30 days on it stacked with Monster maize,USP Labs modern BCAA,eas Phosphagen HP, MRI pro nos for protein

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Huge Pump

swazz

Posted March 3, 2011
          I hate to be a hater, but as far as my experience has gone with NO2 black it wouldn't be very hard to blow it out of the water. I'm still giving it the ol college try. How did you dose it? Just as is directed?

Posted March 3, 2011