NO2 Red

By: MRI

NO2 Red is a Pump Product manufactured by MRI. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Does NO2 Red work?
Blade410

April 5, 2011

Long time, no chat SR broskis!

I was able to score a bottle of this from my friend that works at GNC for a very nice friendly discount. Only paid $35. Hey, what's a few bottles of N.O. between friends right?

Let's get to the review:

Product: The primary active ingredients are L-Arginine AKG, L-Arginine HCL, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, Arginine Ketoisocaproate,
L-Glycine, Citrulline Malate, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, L-Glutamine, Beta Alanine and
L-Histidine. This is a proprietary blend so you know it only adds up to 3.3g.

Effectivness: I didn't want to switch from my typical staple of Nitrox II with my PWO, but with Nitrox II on back order everywhere I figured to give his a try. Also it was a nice price too!

I ran this product every which way but loose. I ran it how the packaging stated, then did it 60 minutes prior and eventually crushed it mixed with PWO. Finally I found the mix that worked for me. I did 1.5 pills 75 minutes prior and then crushed the other 1.5 pills with the PWO (Jack3d 2 scoops) mixed it about 25 minutes prior to workout.

The pump was very good from this product, but was not comparable to Nitrox II. Still with Nitrox II you are setting the bar extermely high and with that said this is still a very good and effective N.O. supplement. Pumps were very good.

Taste: It's a pill, deal with the taste. People complain about taste, but as my broski Petey and I say, I will take better recovery and performance over taste any day of the week.

Current Split: Check my profile for my current split and stack.

Sides: No sides to speak of, pumps lastest for a nice duration.

Value: This is a GNC exclusive and the price shows it. It was overpriced, even with a gold card, although with GNC sales and discounts I see this product coming down in price because accordingly to my GNC people I know, NO ONE IS BUYING IT.

Conclusion: Not as effective as Nitrox II from Sci Fit, but what the hell really is? It is though a very solid product that can be an alternative to those who don't care for Nitrox II or can't find it currently. I give this a solid 7.5-8 star rating. Not the best, but a solid product.
  • Good Pump
  • Solid Product
  • Falls Short Of Nitrox Ii

• kroberts9
    April 5, 2011

Great review bro.I'm on yok and mix it with white flood and it works great.
  • Cray
    April 5, 2011

A Blade review?? I wet myself from excitement.
  • Blade410
    April 5, 2011

You know it broski, just when I thought I was out, you bi*ches pulled me back in!

• kevO

Great Review Bladeski!!!
    You are totally right about NitroxII setting the standard for all NO products
  • Manimal
    April 5, 2011

Nice review broski blade!
hntd
  April 27, 2011

This is my first review here please be gentle.

This is my first review here please be gentle.

I've taken 2 NO Boosters in the past with fairly good results. (Nitrix, NO2 Black) I had finished a bottle of NO2 Black the month before and was looking to try something a bit different as I was not impressed with it. Anyways, this was explained to me as being a stronger version of NO2 Black and it was on sale at GNC so I figured it was worth a try. I also liked the fact it has various vitamins in it as well. I believe I paid about 40$ for my bottle, which compared to what I had paid in the past for other similar products was pretty good.

Dosing: The bottle says take 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I'll admit I kind of skimmed over the directions and took 3 in the afternoon instead of 2. I don't think this caused any adverse effects, but I killed the bottle faster as a result. The pills are smooth and smaller than the ones you get in Nitrix (which are huge) and NO2 Black. (which are also huge and have a very rough texture on them) I'd take 3 in the morning and 3 before I trained. On non-training days I'd just take them in the morning and in between meals. With this I used C4 Extreme, Yok3d, Casein with BCAA powder, Whey with BCAA Powder and GNC Multi Vitamins. I also was on the tail end of a cycle of SizeOn Pre-Contest when I started this.

Pump: The pump was not noticeable to begin with, but ramped up pretty hardcore by the end of the cycle. I have very noticeably more vascular arms and shoulders now. Overall when the pump kicked in it was amazing. My strength didn't slam through the roof on this, but I was able to pound out reps more constantly and finish sets I would have otherwise thought I'd come up a bit short on. I could feel the blood was pumping much faster than without it and I had friends comment on my noticeably increased vascularity. I would say this is not a supplement you take to up your bench significant amounts, but rather to really stimulate your endurance and pump. At least that's how it affected me.

Overall: Overall, I liked the product a lot and I am definitely going to keep this as my NO product in the future. Just to highlight some points.

1. Very easy to take, the pills are easy to swallow and are smooth. They are also tasteless.
2. Noticeably increased vascularity and muscle pumps.
3. Stamina and reps to fail increased a good amount.

I'd recommend this to anyone trying to achieve the things I outlined above. Overall great product. The only reason I gave it a 7 on value was because 40 is still a bit expensive, but I bought it from GNC, so go figure.

Thanks!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Solid Product

• kris65
    April 27, 2011

Good first review, yea im a solid supporter of NO 2 Black, think im going to grab a bottle of the Red now. Why would you take this and Yok3d, Yok3d is a nitric oxide supplement, that a bit of overkill dont you think?
  • hntd
    April 27, 2011

The way Yok3d was explained to me was that if you were on an NO product it was suppose to "supplement" your supplement. Which to me sounded a bit strange, since Yok3d is just arganine nitrate and powergrape extract. I think you are right it was probably a bit overkill, but I won't be buying another bottle of yok3d. So I'm not worried about stacking it for a month.
  • Frankiemusc

Good, honest review.

Did u experience any side effects (ie. headaches initially)?
  • hntd
    April 27, 2011

Nope, I haven't had any headaches or other issues associated with taking this.
  • jmlstocks
    April 27, 2011

Great first review! Keep em coming.
  • telltruth
    April 28, 2011

Well communicated review. Contained a great deal of information. Truth
  • jscribbs26
    April 28, 2011

DIESEL review man. im taking no2 platinum now and you just sold me on no2 red. thanks bro

No2 red is perhaps the best Nitic Oxide supplement I have ever taken...in pill form that is. MRI continues to impress me. Let's not forget it was MRI who was innovative with this type of product in the first place.

NO2 Black is excellent as well but it cost way too much and you had to take too many pills. No2 Red is simpler, better, and worth every penny.

I'm currently taking this with two great...

I'm currently taking this with two great products from Rival-US. I don't try one product line. I research and mix and match to form the best stack possible. I'm always trying new things and trying not to be a brand happy consumer.

Add NO2 to any stack and you wont regret it.

January 13, 2011

Prolly wanna wait till ya el'finisho el'producto before we post a review,beside that, good review.

OH,I didn't know
    January 13, 2011

No worries. Try this product B.B. and review it yourself. I will reply and check helpful. Even if you don't like it.

Ok I checked helpful
    January 13, 2011

In the words of a funny, chainsaw-hand anti-hero: Groovy!
  • adam777
    January 14, 2011

You mentioned it was excellent, but can you be more specific. Did it help with strength gains, pump, energy, etc...?
    January 14, 2011

No2 is as strong and effective as Black but its costs less and you take less pills. On its own it provides extended gym benefits, but stacking it! Don't forget your stack is better while on a N.O. supplement. Your system receives and distributes other supplements better while on an N.O. product. Hope this helps.
  • DrakeRM
    January 14, 2011

Hey! Secrets??!! I want 'em!!

I just finished my first bottle of this and it was pretty good. First of all, I would suggest adding this to another pre-workout supplement product to gain the most from your workout. On it's own, you will notice better dialation throughout the day, but it doesn't give any amazing kick to your workout. I did feel like my muscles were harder and denser after taking this, and there were some good strength gains as well.

The major problem I noticed was that it dehydrated me really quickly....

The major problem I noticed was that it dehydrated me really quickly. Normally during my workouts I will sip on water every two or three sets. When I was taking this, after one set my mouth was as dry as a desert. Obviously it is manageable to get past this, but it is a little annoying to have to get water after every set.
  • Dehydrating

• FitInSF
    January 25, 2011

I know sometimes I don't drink enough water through out the day. Do you think if you drank more water throughout the day that it might help prevent dehydration durring the workout? Perhaps you're already drinking plenty of water throughout the day? Just curious.
  • dawg84
    January 25, 2011

Yea, I drink a minimum of 128 ounces a day, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Also, I never had problems with dehydration before using this, so I figured it was the reason why.
  • FitInSF
    January 25, 2011

Thanks for the additional details. I thought maybe that could have been a soloution for you but it's obvious you're drinking plenty of water! I wonder what other factors might come into play with dehydration?
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.