Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Pump > MRI > NO2 Black > Reviews

NO2 Black

By MRI
NO2 Black MRI
6.6/10
(Weighted average based on 46 Reviews)

Ranks #46 of 52 (better than 12%)
in Pre-Workout > Pump
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

FlashSunday

There was an incredible difference in my stamina in the gym

Ok guys. This is a product I first started taking in my late teens/early 20's. A friend gave me some while we were working out and I gave him some Jack3d. We did this for a few days together (we were at a work seminar holed up in a hotel) and man could I tell a difference right away. When I got home I immediately went online and bought 2 300 cap bottles of this, but sadly after that I stopped buying it until recently. I found a bottle on clearance and remembered the good ole days of taking it and snapped it up, which is what sparked me to write this long overdue review on a decent product.

Ingredient Profile:

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG)3000mg
Proprietary Blend 150mg "
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (Thioctic Acid)
ACTINOS2 Whey Peptide Fraction

----------Profile (7/10)--------------------

Arginine AKG is the source for nitric oxide, which is a powerful signaling molecule that triggers vascular dilation, which offers benefits in size and strength. Basically it makes you swole, gives you more strength and endurance while working out. So by logic when you can lift more, more muscle damage equals more muscle growth and BAM it helps you get bigger and stronger.

The alpha lipoic acid is a good anti-oxidant and "may increase NO production in diabetic patients". Eh enough said.

The ACTINOS2 is a whey protein fraction that is claimed to help upregulate eNOS, which is an enzyme that converts Arginine to Nitric Oxide, thus the 950% increase in NO as touted by MRI

Basically I gave this a 7/10 because there are much newer forms of NO2 Black out from MRI with the same plus more extensive profiles, but this isn't a bad profile by any means.

-------------Effectiveness(8/10)-------------

When I first took this product it knocked my socks off. There was an incredible difference in my stamina in the gym, pump, and vascularity that I was instantly hooked. For someone new to supplements in general this is a good one to try, and a good alternative to Nitrox II if you don't like buying on the internet and stores around you don't carry it (GNC carries MRI so its bound to be everywhere).

--------------Dosing(5/10)------------------

This is the part that sucks. I weigh 220 lbs currently, therefore I have to take 10 freakin caps a day. Luckily I don't really mind, but 10 caps a day for one product is pretty ridiculous.

----------------Pricing(5/10)----------------

This is the worst part about this product hands down. Even online the best price I could find for 300 caps is 50-60 bucks. That comes out to 30 servings for me, or almost 2 bucks a serving. Of course you all know me better than that by now, I bought my bottle on clearance for $25, a much better deal. Overall, this is a poorly priced product when you can buy a bottle of Nitrox II (its leading competitor IMO) for around $1 a serving.

---------------Taste(10/10)-----------------

No bad taste or smell. Faintly sour tasting if anything.

--------------Overall(7/10)-----------------

Overall, I really hate to do this to this product because I really like it. I don't know if its nostalgia or what because I do think this is an effective product but for the most part it is crippled by being expensive and highly dosed. What can you do? There is a blatant clear alternative in Nitrox II, but if you see it on sale at your local GNC snap it up because its not a waste of $30. It is, however, a waste of $60.

taysab23

You will get really good pumps, and better vascularity

Ok.. I got this product because my local supp shop was having a killer deal on it.. 50 bucks for a 300 tablet bottle. Thats why I gave this a nine!! They sell it for $90 on bb.com. So i was like hex ya.

-Dosage
50 bucks for 100 servings. not too bad.. but theres a gyp they don't...

-Dosage
50 bucks for 100 servings. not too bad.. but theres a gyp they don't tell you on the box. When you open it and read the bottle they tell you that if your over 200 pounds you need 4 tablets twice a day. So I started taking 3 tablets twice daily. One serving mid day.. then another 30 mins before I worked out. I took this along with my vitaminc and test booster. I've read up on my N.O. and taking vitman c with it keeps your bodies free radicals from eating it all up before it gets in your blood stream. Also apparentely nitric oxide precursors are converted to nitric oxide by your body at very small amounts when your test levels are low or are rest levels. Which would make sense your veins pop out when working out. Your test levels are high. So I noticed when i took this with my Free Test my veins would get dilated throughout the day. Theres a little anatomy lesson for ya. Anyways.. I took three pills twice a day for two weeks.. then 4 twice a day for another 2 weeks. After I ran out of my SuperPump250 I took 5 pills twice a day.
~3-5 twice a day

-Results
Except for being more vascular... I didn't notice any results or any pump the first 3-4 weeks i used this product, or so i thought. I thought the insane pumps i got were only due to the SuperPump250. It was after I finished that off that I felt the effects of NO2 Black. I would take 5 of the tablets twice a day.. and get huge pumps when I worked out. Of course I really didn't have any energy, but I had one work out where I did nuthin but bis and tris for 4 hours.. and my arms were sick: vascular and pumped out like they were going to expload.
~amazing pumps, more veins

-Ingredients
Well its pretty simple folks... for three tablets you have 3000 mg of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, and 150 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid and some type of fancy name whey peptide. The Alpha Lipoic Acid is suppose to help with transporting through your stomach, and so is the whey peptide i think.
~simple but legit ingredients

-Side Effects
The only thing I really noticed was that I took massive dumps.. thats it.

-Overall
This actually tends to be a very expensive product that I got for a really good price. If you find and its on sale you should def get it. I honestly think there is alot of better NO2 products out there, but I was really happy with this one. You will get really good pumps, and better vascularity (is that even a word?) but yes this product is very good.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Improving Strength
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
  • Price

Posted November 25, 2010
good review. but bi's and tri's for four hours?????

a bit excessive??

overtrained??

That+me=a lost little boy

ruabeyo
(-110)

Posted November 25, 2010
So nice I read it twice...almost repped it twice too ;)

Question though... Are you well into the Free Test?? I mean can you say if it's working for you or not?

Posted November 25, 2010
im done with the free test, as well as the no2 black. I really liked the free test.. i wroe a review on it as well.

ruabeyo
(-110)

Posted November 25, 2010
Thanks man... I'll definitely check it out.

Very nice brohammed.
dude i'm so confused about what supps to stak together...like i know whats good to stak together, i can't decide between some Universal and Controlled Labs products...

Posted November 26, 2010
brohammed hahah thats a new to me
yea i know.. them and bpi are my three fav companies.
this is what im planning for my next stack (if i can afford the shipping to this country :/)
animal pak
animal flex
animal omega
animal pump
animal nitro
animal stak
torrent
and maybe purple wraath or animal test.. idk yet on those lol

Posted November 26, 2010
well looks lyk a good stak... is animal test like a pro hormone?
well here's what i think i've decided...
Animal Pak
Vitamin World Fish Oils
Pro Complex
Green Mag
Purple Wraath
M-Stak (2 cycles)
can't decide between stak or glycergrow

Posted November 26, 2010
pretty nice.. if your going to do m stak.. i wouldn't do stak along side it. M stak is desgined for you put on weight.. so if you were going to run that i do it weight gainers and such instead of pro complex. js and if your going to choose.. take animal stak over glycergrow. way better reviews.

Posted November 26, 2010
and no animal test is not a prohormone

Posted November 26, 2010
Im almost finished stacking my second bottle of free test with my second bottle of Methyl1d size and strength.Your right Taysab the free test is awesome i love it im really seeing results i also stack it with tribulus.Im goona try that muscle marinade its sounds awesome should i stack it with a-akg powder or another No product like Noxide im 6'1 250 and have a tolerance to supplements would No2 be better or Noxide thanks brother!

Posted November 26, 2010
you can get straight aakg much cheaper than NO2 black that is for sure.. prima force and NOW sell aakg for pretty cheap.

Honestly, i do not know. aakg is tried and true.. but there are new things are their that may work better. Honestly, try nitrox 2, alot of people have used that with amazing results. I just started my muscle marinade today.. pretty good stuff.

NO2 black is not a bad product

NO2 black is not a bad product,,, but here is the thing, its basically just AAKG pairedwith ALA,, these 2 things by themselves you could buy in bulk for prolly 20 bucks and have enough of a supply to last quite a while, Arginine products are great especially for the fact they cause you to maintain a positive nitrogen balance so it feels like your pumped all the time,,, but for this being what it is its so over priced thats what made me rate it low, kind of like the Force Factor product, why spend 90 bucks when you can make your owwn

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Price

After taking this product for a month i was somewhat disappointed

After taking this product for a month i was somewhat disappointed... I did what the label said to do take 4 before breakfast and 4 before lunch..I got this online for $30.... i know that its way to expensive for a n02 product but i thought maybe i would get better results with a better quality NO..I had decent pumps in the gym but nothing special.. The one thing i did notice was my vascularity through out the day was pretty good.. Overall this product was just average and nothing really special

(also stacked this product with Ce2 for those wondering)

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Vascularity
  • Decent But Not Surprising Pumps

Manimal

The vascularity throughout the day is very beautiful with this product

My brother bought two of these on a sale about a year ago and gave one to me. It sat around the house for about a year unopened while i was taking Plasma Jet. Hit a budget on the checking acount so i found this realized it got it for free and took it. The first thing i noticed about NO2 Black was the price. The lid said 89.99 regular price. obviously my bro got it much cheaper and even on sale with a gold card but it was still overpriced. Its basically a ton of arginine which you can buy on the shelves but i did notice it to be a little more effective than regular based arginine. I will say the vascularity throughout the day is very beautiful with this product (as good as Plasma Jet in my opinion). But when i hit the gym, the pumps just didnt seem to satisfy as much as when i took other N.O. Enhancers. I think NO2 Black is a decent, safe, effective product but it is not the best out there and not the best priced. I found the recemmended dosages to be a little different. They try to trick you on the lable where it says serving- 3 pills but is the smallest serving recemmended for light weight women. It tells you on the lable- Men, up to 200 lbs- take 4 before breakfast and 4 before lunch, and then it says 200 and over- take 5 (or maybe its 6) before breakfast and lunch. Then it has the females on the other side saying their weight and recemmended dosage which was like below 150- 3 before breakfast and lunch and over it was 4 pills. Basically, they put the least possible serving on the top of the lable where you would first look when buying a supplement but the full lable is on the back. You can find it online cheaper and i would say why not give it a try? Especially for the beginners or the weekend warriors. But if you are looking for better, Plasma Jet and E-Noxide are my top 2 favs.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent But Not Surprising Pumps
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness

CamelE

I love this stuff, but it's pretty pricey

I'm cycling off Jack3d right now and taking this as an alternative. And let me just say, I may not go back to Jack3d. I take 4 pills 45 minutes before breakfast, and then another 4 before lunch, again, 45 minutes. My veins swell up before I even start lifting. I can feel my blood flowing strong, and once you start working out, its awesome. Even after I'm done, I'm still pretty vascular throughout the day, and I think this also aids as a nutrition partitioner. When I drink my recovery drink and everything else, I know my blood is pumping all these nutrients to my muscles, because I can see all my blood vessels branching out all over me. I've tried Nitrix before, which is intended to be an all day vascularity supplement, nutrition partitioner, etc, and didn't get much results. This is mainly just Arginine-AKG, and it gives me all the energy I need without the caffeine and other ingredients in most pre-workout supplements. I feel like a ripped God taking this stuff because I get that visual ripped, vascular, muscularity before I even touch the weights. I've been gaining intense, beast-like strength too and I'm off my Kre Alkalyn 1500. I love this stuff, but it's pretty pricey.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Great Energy
  • Improving Strength
  • Price

I felt a bit more pump than usual

This was the first nitric oxide pill product that I was using and I had some high expectations from it based on the promises it made and some positive reviews that I had read on different forums including SR. One bottle had 180 capsules (pretty big ones) and I needed to take 6 capsules a day based on the instructions on the bottle. So, this product lasted me exactly a month (30 days). However, it fell way short of my expectations. I was using this along with my usual protein (Myofusion) and a pre-workout (1 M.R) but this had little to no positive effect on my physique.

I was actually taking this not so much for getting huge pumps while working out since I always end up with a good pump. I was taking it to get a bit more vascular and maybe get to see some more definition in my muscles. My body fat is around 10-12% hence I am not exactly bulky. So, I was expecting some decent results from this. However, the product, in spite of being on the expensive side, fell way short of my expectations.

Dosage: 3 + 3 = 6 caps per day after meals. Dosed this as per the instructions on the bottle.

Claim 1: Perpetual Pump: As mentioned earlier, I always get a decent pump in the gym so this was not something I was looking forward to but then, there were no positive effects on the pump production while I was taking NO2 Black. A big zero for Pump production since that is supposed to be one major selling point for NO2 Black.

Claim 2: Increases in Strength: Once again, I experienced no significant strength increases with NO2 Black. I was taking a pre-workout along with NO2 Black and I did not experience any noticeable increase in strength levels. Again, a big disappointment.

Claim 3: Endurance: I am quite sure that whatever endurance I experienced during my workouts was due to 1 M.R. and not NO2 Black. This is because I had finished half the bottle of 1 MR before I stacked it with NO2 Black and the pre-workout did boost endurance levels quite nicely.

Claim 4: Increased vascularity and muscle hardness: This is the reason why I purchased this in the first place and once again, I was disappointed. For a product that makes such tall claims, NO2 Black did not boost vascularity to the levels promised. There was some boost in vascularity but I feel that was due to the cardio that I was doing thrice a week. Again, this product from MRI did not meet its tall claims when it came to boosting vascularity and muscle hardness.

Overall: 3/10: On some days, I felt a bit more pump than usual but the number of such occasions was very few. I will never purchase NO2 Black again because this is one of the most expensive nitric oxide pills and I did not respond to it at all. It might work for some other people since supplements work differently for different people. But in my book, this supplement did absolutely nothing. I have also used MRI's Black Powder and had a similar experience. It did nothing for me or my training experience. Maybe, I dont respond so well to MRI products. I might steer clear of them in future.

• No Effects

Posted May 11, 2012
The overall rating for this should have been 3 and not 6 as mentioned above..

Posted May 11, 2012
I think you must have misread the directions/dosing. You would need to take more than 6 a day! You may have had bad results because of not getting enough in your system. Just an idea. You may want to give it another round. I love the stuff

Posted May 11, 2012
You also need to take them 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch. Not after meals. If you read the directions next you may get great results.
Thanks

Truly a great product

So this was the first Nitric Oxide base product I've ever taken. I wasn't too sure if I should take one or not but ultimately I decided to try it out. I honestly loved every single aspect of it. A buddy of mine told me to check out MRI's NO2 Black so I went down to the store and picked up a bottle of it.

VALUE: Bad idea, it was like 65$ for 180 caps. Which comes out to be a little over a months supply. I've seen it sell around the mid 30's on online retailers. In my opinion it was well worth the money, but I will try to find a cheaper alternative. Damn college textbooks >:(

TASTE: N/A since they're pills. They are fairly large, and are a little chalky but I have no problem with pills so I'm not complaining.

DOSING: For men up to 200 pounds are required to take 8 pills a day (4x4) and men over 200 are required to take 10 (5x5). Pills were to be taken 30 minutes before breakfast and before lunch. Personally half way through I actually saw that taking them with my food produced better results.

PROFILE: 3000mg of Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) which basically is a salt where arginine is combined with alpha-ketoglutaric acid. Thus making it more easily absorbed by your body.
150mg Proprietary Blend which contains thioctic acid and MRI's ACTNOS^2 whey peptide fraction.

EFFECTIVENESS: Alright so this is where it gets good. First off with NO2 Black you don't get instant results, after about a week and a half in is when I started seeing results. But wow when they came the sure CAME. My veins looked like a map of Downtown LA. Vascularity was immensely improved to the point where I was seeing veins in my shoulders! Even better was the pump! I have taken PWO's with Arginine based ingredients in them, but NO2 Black took the word pump to the next level. For the first time my quads, calves, back and pecs would actually get an amazing pumps. Not to mention the pump lasts all the way until the next workout. My biceps/triceps are get pumped very easily; on my arm days my biceps would get so pumped that I couldn't even really bend my arm. It was awesome! I also noticed that my fatigue was substantially reduced while on this stuff. It was really noticeable on my supersets/dropsets where I usually had a hard time keeping up the intensity throughout the entire workout, NO2 Black propelled me through it. I cant really say that this product gave me any strength gains or not. It could have contributed on top of my hard work ;)

OVERALL: Truly a great product. If im not mistaken Nitric Oxide products are pretty hit and miss with peoples bodies, but my body really responded to this stuff. I would recommend this to anyone looking at trying Nitric Oxide products. I can definitely say I am hooked! Can't wait to try some other products!

P.S It says on the label to drink at least 64oz of water a day while taking this product, but I would honestly drink much more than that, you can get pretty dehydrated taking this stuff!

kris65

Posted February 2, 2012
I agree, this is a great product. You should try nitrox II.

AS79

Posted February 2, 2012
I agree. Nirtox II works great and is pretty cheap.

Posted February 2, 2012
I actually just ordered Noxivol, but I cant wait to try Nitrox II, thanks a lot guys.

Posted February 2, 2012
Great Review, I take 3 caps with D-POL,u will get freakish vascularity.....

umatkd

I don't notice a lot of strength gains but i do notice extreme vascularity

I've been taking this on and off for about 2 years and i love it. I take the recomended dose of 10 since i'm over 200 and it gives me all day pumps. I don't notice a lot of strength gains but i do notice extreme vascularity, and i look more defined/ripped. I've taken this product many differnt ways and what works best is Having it always on an empty stomach. Have 1 serving 30-45 min. before breakfast and the other 30-45 min before lunch or on empty stomach before workout. If taken always on an empty stomach this product rocks. Also think about stacking with ce2 hi def.

I had awesome results when following the instructions

I am 53 years old, for most of my life I have stayed away from supplements other then protein and vitamins and minerals. I started to use N02 when it was first introduced. I had awesome results when following the instructions, I still use it today. Besides the great pumps being able to recover without pain. Most people are feeling pain from longtime nutritional abuse. Maintain a low carb diet, take plenty of protein, drink 64 to 96 oz of water per day and you will see results. I just took 4 for my 2:30 workout. I may be 53 but I feel like I am 25. My wife and coworkers have accused me of being on steroids because the change in overall body mass occurred so quickly. It took me approximately 10 to 12 days before I noticed a difference. After that my lifting capacity began to steadily increase. I get my supply from GNC on gold days so it's little more palatable price wise.

Posted September 18, 2009
I buy mine at supplementwarehouse.com $58.00 for 300 bottle. Their vanilla protein powder is the best I have ever tasted(Pro-NOS) it is 29.99 my wife and I love it. We are both 44 and have seen great results from both products