Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Nitric Oxide > MRI > NO2 Black

MRI NO2 Black

NO2 Black MRI
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (46 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 79% (Reliable)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition Plasma Jet Reviews
Plasma Jet (69 Reviews)
GNC AMP Amplified N.O. Loaded Reviews
AMP Amplified N.O. Loaded (80 Reviews)
6.2

Products in the same category:

Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250 Reviews
SuperPump250 (250 Reviews)
USP Labs Yok3d Reviews
Yok3d (90 Reviews)
Body Fortress Super NOS Pump Reviews
Super NOS Pump (51 Reviews)
Force Factor Force Factor Reviews
Force Factor (49 Reviews)
4.5

Related Forum Topics

Can I stack NO2 Black with OEP+Jack3d ?
Can I stack NO2 Black with OEP+jack3d? I just started OEP+Jack3d, and want to k...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

NO2 Black Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
NO2 Black Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (13)
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness (12)
  • Extreme Vascularity (12)
  • Amazing Pumps (12)
  • Too Expensive (15)
  • Price (12)
  • Nothing Special (6)
  • Not Effective (3)
January 24, 2012

FlashSunday

Reviews: 77

Age: 23

January 24, 2012
 Ok guys. This is a product I first started taking in my late teens/early 20's. A friend gave me some while we were working out and I gave him some Jack3d. We did this for a few days together (we were at a work seminar holed up in a hotel) and man could I tell a difference right away. When I got home I immediately went online and bought 2 300 cap bottles of this, but sadly after that I stopped buying it until recently. I found a bottle on clearance and remembered the good ole days of taking it and snapped it up, which is what sparked me to write this long overdue review on a decent product.

Ingredient Profile:

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG)3000mg
Proprietary Blend 150mg †
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (Thioctic Acid)
ACTINOS2 Whey Peptide Fraction

----------Profile (7/10)--------------------

Arginine AKG is the source for nitric oxide, which is a powerful signaling molecule that triggers vascular dilation, which offers benefits in size and strength. Basically it makes you swole, gives you more strength and endurance while working out. So by logic when you can lift more, more muscle damage equals more muscle growth and BAM it helps you get bigger and stronger.

The alpha lipoic acid is a good anti-oxidant and "may increase NO production in diabetic patients". Eh enough said.

The ACTINOS2 is a whey protein fraction that is claimed to help upregulate eNOS, which is an enzyme that converts Arginine to Nitric Oxide, thus the 950% increase in NO as touted by MRI

Basically I gave this a 7/10 because there are much newer forms of NO2 Black out from MRI with the same plus more extensive profiles, but this isn't a bad profile by any means.

-------------Effectiveness(8/10)-------------

When I first took this product it knocked my socks off. There was an incredible difference in my stamina in the gym, pump, and vascularity that I was instantly hooked. For someone new to supplements in general this is a good one to try, and a good alternative to Nitrox II if you don't like buying on the internet and stores around you don't carry it (GNC carries MRI so its bound to be everywhere).

--------------Dosing(5/10)------------------

This is the part that sucks. I weigh 220 lbs currently, therefore I have to take 10 freakin caps a day. Luckily I don't really mind, but 10 caps a day for one product is pretty ridiculous.

----------------Pricing(5/10)----------------

This is the worst part about this product hands down. Even online the best price I could find for 300 caps is 50-60 bucks. That comes out to 30 servings for me, or almost 2 bucks a serving. Of course you all know me better than that by now, I bought my bottle on clearance for $25, a much better deal. Overall, this is a poorly priced product when you can buy a bottle of Nitrox II (its leading competitor IMO) for around $1 a serving.

---------------Taste(10/10)-----------------

No bad taste or smell. Faintly sour tasting if anything.

--------------Overall(7/10)-----------------

Overall, I really hate to do this to this product because I really like it. I don't know if its nostalgia or what because I do think this is an effective product but for the most part it is crippled by being expensive and highly dosed. What can you do? There is a blatant clear alternative in Nitrox II, but if you see it on sale at your local GNC snap it up because its not a waste of $30. It is, however, a waste of $60.
April 18, 2010

Manimal

Reviews: 55

Age: 19

April 18, 2010
 My brother bought two of these on a sale about a year ago and gave one to me. It sat around the house for about a year unopened while i was taking Plasma Jet. Hit a budget on the checking acount so i found this realized it got it for free and took it. The first thing i noticed about NO2 Black was the price. The lid said 89.99 regular price. obviously my bro got it much cheaper and even on sale with a gold card but it was still overpriced. Its basically a ton of arginine which you can buy on the shelves but i did notice it to be a little more effective than regular based arginine. I will say the vascularity throughout the day is very beautiful with this product (as good as Plasma Jet in my opinion). But when i hit the gym, the pumps just didnt seem to satisfy as much as when i took other N.O. Enhancers. I think NO2 Black is a decent, safe, effective product but it is not the best out there and not the best priced. I found the recemmended dosages to be a little different. They try to trick you on the lable where it says serving- 3 pills but is the smallest serving recemmended for light weight women. It tells you on the lable- Men, up to 200 lbs- take 4 before breakfast and 4 before lunch, and then it says 200 and over- take 5 (or maybe its 6) before breakfast and lunch. Then it has the females on the other side saying their weight and recemmended dosage which was like below 150- 3 before breakfast and lunch and over it was 4 pills. Basically, they put the least possible serving on the top of the lable where you would first look when buying a supplement but the full lable is on the back. You can find it online cheaper and i would say why not give it a try? Especially for the beginners or the weekend warriors. But if you are looking for better, Plasma Jet and E-Noxide are my top 2 favs.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent But Not Surprising Pumps
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
February 18, 2010

CamelE

Reviews: 27

Age: 19

February 18, 2010
 I'm cycling off Jack3d right now and taking this as an alternative. And let me just say, I may not go back to Jack3d. I take 4 pills 45 minutes before breakfast, and then another 4 before lunch, again, 45 minutes. My veins swell up before I even start lifting. I can feel my blood flowing strong, and once you start working out, its awesome. Even after I'm done, I'm still pretty vascular throughout the day, and I think this also aids as a nutrition partitioner. When I drink my recovery drink and everything else, I know my blood is pumping all these nutrients to my muscles, because I can see all my blood vessels branching out all over me. I've tried Nitrix before, which is intended to be an all day vascularity supplement, nutrition partitioner, etc, and didn't get much results. This is mainly just Arginine-AKG, and it gives me all the energy I need without the caffeine and other ingredients in most pre-workout supplements. I feel like a ripped God taking this stuff because I get that visual ripped, vascular, muscularity before I even touch the weights. I've been gaining intense, beast-like strength too and I'm off my Kre Alkalyn 1500. I love this stuff, but it's pretty pricey.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Great Energy
  • Improving Strength
  • Price
January 20, 2013

odysseus

Age: 28

January 20, 2013
 Great product did exactly what it said , gave me much more energy and not the jittery kind. healing was much quicker as well. I didnt see any gains go up on my lifts but definitly got in more reps and felt like i could lift for hours. Didnt gain any weight but got alot more shredded, on a side note got alot more hard ons sometimes to where it was painful havent got that since i was a pre teen haha
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Energy
    May 11, 2012

Reviews: 6

Age: 33

May 11, 2012
     This was the first nitric oxide pill product that I was using and I had some high expectations from it based on the promises it made and some positive reviews that I had read on different forums including SR. One bottle had 180 capsules (pretty big ones) and I needed to take 6 capsules a day based on the instructions on the bottle. So, this product lasted me exactly a month (30 days). However, it fell way short of my expectations. I was using this along with my usual protein (Myofusion) and a pre-workout (1 M.R) but this had little to no positive effect on my physique.

I was actually taking this not so much for getting huge pumps while working out since I always end up with a good pump. I was taking it to get a bit more vascular and maybe get to see some more definition in my muscles. My body fat is around 10-12% hence I am not exactly bulky. So, I was expecting some decent results from this. However, the product, in spite of being on the expensive side, fell way short of my expectations.

Dosage: 3 + 3 = 6 caps per day after meals. Dosed this as per the instructions on the bottle.

Claim 1: Perpetual Pump: As mentioned earlier, I always get a decent pump in the gym so this was not something I was looking forward to but then, there were no positive effects on the pump production while I was taking NO2 Black. A big zero for Pump production since that is supposed to be one major selling point for NO2 Black.

Claim 2: Increases in Strength: Once again, I experienced no significant strength increases with NO2 Black. I was taking a pre-workout along with NO2 Black and I did not experience any noticeable increase in strength levels. Again, a big disappointment.

Claim 3: Endurance: I am quite sure that whatever endurance I experienced during my workouts was due to 1 M.R. and not NO2 Black. This is because I had finished half the bottle of 1 MR before I stacked it with NO2 Black and the pre-workout did boost endurance levels quite nicely.

Claim 4: Increased vascularity and muscle hardness: This is the reason why I purchased this in the first place and once again, I was disappointed. For a product that makes such tall claims, NO2 Black did not boost vascularity to the levels promised. There was some boost in vascularity but I feel that was due to the cardio that I was doing thrice a week. Again, this product from MRI did not meet its tall claims when it came to boosting vascularity and muscle hardness.

Overall: 3/10: On some days, I felt a bit more pump than usual but the number of such occasions was very few. I will never purchase NO2 Black again because this is one of the most expensive nitric oxide pills and I did not respond to it at all. It might work for some other people since supplements work differently for different people. But in my book, this supplement did absolutely nothing. I have also used MRI's Black Powder and had a similar experience. It did nothing for me or my training experience. Maybe, I dont respond so well to MRI products. I might steer clear of them in future.
    • No Effects

Joined: 11/2011
    Reviews: 6
    Reputation: +15
    The overall rating for this should have been 3 and not 6 as mentioned above..

Joined: 6/2012
    Reputation: 0
    I think you must have misread the directions/dosing. You would need to take more than 6 a day! You may have had bad results because of not getting enough in your system. Just an idea. You may want to give it another round. I love the stuff

Joined: 6/2012
    Reputation: 0
    You also need to take them 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before lunch. Not after meals. If you read the directions next you may get great results.
    Thanks

February 22, 2012

Abetorres

Reviews: 2

February 22, 2012
     Best pump to date after 12 years of supplementing, but too expensive. The puts were mind blowing, but soo huge it hurt, but couldn't even reach to take shirt off, and felt energetic and felt skin had a radiance to it.. Helped in the bedroom big time.
    • Good Pumps
    ReegzUSMC
    ReegzUSMC

Joined: 7/2012
    Reputation: 0
    Hey bro. Check out fitnessfirstusa.com for cheap supplements. I just bought 4-180 tab bottles for 120$ u can find it cheap there.

February 2, 2012

Age: 18

February 2, 2012
     So this was the first Nitric Oxide base product I’ve ever taken. I wasn’t too sure if I should take one or not but ultimately I decided to try it out. I honestly loved every single aspect of it. A buddy of mine told me to check out MRI’s NO2 Black so I went down to the store and picked up a bottle of it.

VALUE: Bad idea, it was like 65$ for 180 caps. Which comes out to be a little over a months supply. I’ve seen it sell around the mid 30’s on online retailers. In my opinion it was well worth the money, but I will try to find a cheaper alternative. Damn college textbooks >:(

TASTE: N/A since they’re pills. They are fairly large, and are a little chalky but I have no problem with pills so I’m not complaining.

DOSING: For men up to 200 pounds are required to take 8 pills a day (4x4) and men over 200 are required to take 10 (5x5). Pills were to be taken 30 minutes before breakfast and before lunch. Personally half way through I actually saw that taking them with my food produced better results.

PROFILE: 3000mg of Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) which basically is a salt where arginine is combined with alpha-ketoglutaric acid. Thus making it more easily absorbed by your body.
    150mg Proprietary Blend which contains thioctic acid and MRI’s ACTNOS^2 whey peptide fraction.

EFFECTIVENESS: Alright so this is where it gets good. First off with NO2 Black you don’t get instant results, after about a week and a half in is when I started seeing results. But wow when they came the sure CAME. My veins looked like a map of Downtown LA. Vascularity was immensely improved to the point where I was seeing veins in my shoulders! Even better was the pump! I have taken PWO’s with Arginine based ingredients in them, but NO2 Black took the word pump to the next level. For the first time my quads, calves, back and pecs would actually get an amazing pumps. Not to mention the pump lasts all the way until the next workout. My biceps/triceps are get pumped very easily; on my arm days my biceps would get so pumped that I couldn’t even really bend my arm. It was awesome! I also noticed that my fatigue was substantially reduced while on this stuff. It was really noticeable on my supersets/dropsets where I usually had a hard time keeping up the intensity throughout the entire workout, NO2 Black propelled me through it. I cant really say that this product gave me any strength gains or not. It could have contributed on top of my hard work ;)

OVERALL: Truly a great product. If im not mistaken Nitric Oxide products are pretty hit and miss with peoples bodies, but my body really responded to this stuff. I would recommend this to anyone looking at trying Nitric Oxide products. I can definitely say I am hooked! Can’t wait to try some other products!

P.S It says on the label to drink at least 64oz of water a day while taking this product, but I would honestly drink much more than that, you can get pretty dehydrated taking this stuff!
    kris65
    kris65

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 35
    Reputation: +2376
    I agree, this is a great product. You should try nitrox II.

AS79
    AS79

Joined: 6/2011
    Reputation: +1348
    I agree. Nirtox II works great and is pretty cheap.

Joined: 12/2011
    Reputation: +8
    I actually just ordered Noxivol, but I cant wait to try Nitrox II, thanks a lot guys.

Reply #4:
    BLKSPARTAN
    BLKSPARTAN

Joined: 10/2011
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: -1
    Great Review, I take 3 caps with D-POL,u will get freakish vascularity.....

January 25, 2012

Dog4life

Reviews: 22

January 25, 2012
     Sorry, this is one of the most dissappointing product i have ever taken !

Really expensive, even at highest dose NO effect at all.

Nada. 0.

I've got a much better pump from simple and cheap Arginine AAKG !
    Pros:
    Cons:
      • No Effects
      • Waste Of Time
      July 29, 2011

Age: 37

July 29, 2011
       if you really want to get pumped up and feel the blood rush, then stack this in your mix for your regular workout. really works great stacking with their Black Powder and ce2 supplements. take 30 minutes before you workout and just feel the surge that does not give you that Cracked out feeling but yet keeps you pumping for hours. kept me going for hours without muscle fatigue.

andrew17019
        andrew17019

Joined: 3/2011
        Reviews: 16
        Reputation: +223
        Hey man, this is the same review as your Black Powder product review...you just changed the product names?

Str8up
        Str8up

Joined: 5/2011
        Reputation: +28
        ^I'm glad someone else noticed this. +rep for u andrew

-rep for crow

Joined: 7/2011
        Reputation: -6
        Thats because they work together. Stacking!? ever heard of that? how long have you been lifting? and how old are you?

Reply #4:
        BrooklynBuff
        BrooklynBuff

Joined: 8/2010
        Reviews: 11
        Reputation: +801
        LOL,I think I'll just cut and paste this for my con-cret review...

Reply #5:
        kubitzky10
        kubitzky10

Joined: 4/2010
        Reviews: 29
        Reputation: +567
        not a bad adea at all, i may do this for a reviw on Animal Omega and Myogenix AfterShock since I stacked them together.

Reply #6:

Joined: 7/2011
        Reputation: -6
        i see they allow little ***y douche bags on here :-) grow up boys.

April 19, 2011

Reviews: 7

April 19, 2011
         Ok, so it has been a while since my last review so bear with me if this is a little rough.

First off with the value, I gave it a 1 cause supplements here in Canada are retardedly expensive and got this when I returned a few things to GNC that I didn't have good experiences with. This price tag on this is $90!!! And at the recommended dosage of 4 caps per serving, thats a pretty steep $2 per serving. Would be worth it if it were super effective, but to my dismay it was not.

Effectiveness for me was also a little on the disappointing side, my vascularity increased a little, but not a whole bunch, not enough to get excited about anyways. As for pumps, pretty well non-existent here. I also tried 5 caps, messed around with the dosing a bit as far as timewise and food intake goes and it didn't seem to make a difference to me.

Taste: It's pill form so really not much to be said here, but as far as it goes I didn't feel like they tasted too bad actually.

No side effects to mention other than a banged up wallet. Would I recommend? No

Joined: 3/2010
          Reviews: 7
          Reputation: +180
          Would also like to point out that I only got this for a few reasons. 1) Nobody up here has even heard of Sci-fit si N2 is out of the question. 2)N2 was on really high demand and impossible to even order when I got this 3)Was hesitant on Yok3d but decided to give it a shot

Have you used NO2 Black? Submit your own Review!