NO2 Black

By: MRI

NO2 Black is a Pump Product manufactured by MRI. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Does NO2 Black work?

Ok guys. This is a product I first started taking in my late teens/early 20's. A friend gave me some while we were working out and I gave him some Jack3d. We did this for a few days together (we were at a work seminar holed up in a hotel) and man could I tell a difference right away. When I got home I immediately went online and bought 2 300 cap bottles of this, but sadly after that I stopped buying it until recently. I found a bottle on clearance and remembered the good ole days of taking it and snapped it up, which is what sparked me to write this long overdue review on a decent product.

Ingredient Profile:

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG)3000mg
Proprietary Blend 150mg "
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (Thioctic Acid)
ACTINOS2 Whey Peptide Fraction

----------Profile (7/10)--------------------

Arginine AKG is the source for nitric oxide, which is a powerful signaling molecule that triggers vascular dilation, which offers benefits in size and strength. Basically it makes you swole, gives you more strength and endurance while working out. So by logic when you can lift more, more muscle damage equals more muscle growth and BAM it helps you get bigger and stronger.

The alpha lipoic acid is a good anti-oxidant and "may increase NO production in diabetic patients". Eh enough said.

The ACTINOS2 is a whey protein fraction that is claimed to help upregulate eNOS, which is an enzyme that converts Arginine to Nitric Oxide, thus the 950% increase in NO as touted by MRI

Basically I gave this a 7/10 because there are much newer forms of NO2 Black out from MRI with the same plus more extensive profiles, but this isn't a bad profile by any means.

-------------Effectiveness(8/10)-------------

When I first took this product it knocked my socks off. There was an incredible difference in my stamina in the gym, pump, and vascularity that I was instantly hooked. For someone new to supplements in general this is a good one to try, and a good alternative to Nitrox II if you don't like buying on the internet and stores around you don't carry it (GNC carries MRI so its bound to be everywhere).

--------------Dosing(5/10)------------------

This is the part that sucks. I weigh 220 lbs currently, therefore I have to take 10 freakin caps a day. Luckily I don't really mind, but 10 caps a day for one product is pretty ridiculous.

----------------Pricing(5/10)----------------

This is the worst part about this product hands down. Even online the best price I could find for 300 caps is 50-60 bucks. That comes out to 30 servings for me, or almost 2 bucks a serving. Of course you all know me better than that by now, I bought my bottle on clearance for $25, a much better deal. Overall, this is a poorly priced product when you can buy a bottle of Nitrox II (its leading competitor IMO) for around $1 a serving.

---------------Taste(10/10)-----------------

No bad taste or smell. Faintly sour tasting if anything.

--------------Overall(7/10)-----------------

Overall, I really hate to do this to this product because I really like it. I don't know if its nostalgia or what because I do think this is an effective product but for the most part it is crippled by being expensive and highly dosed. What can you do? There is a blatant clear alternative in Nitrox II, but if you see it on sale at your local GNC snap it up because its not a waste of $30. It is, however, a waste of $60.
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness

Ok.. I got this product because my local supp shop was having a killer deal on it.. 50 bucks for a 300 tablet bottle. Thats why I gave this a nine!! They sell it for $90 on bb.com. So i was like hex ya.

-Dosage

-Dosage
50 bucks for 100 servings. not too bad.. but theres a gyp they don't tell you on the box. When you open it and read the bottle they tell you that if your over 200 pounds you need 4 tablets twice a day. So I started taking 3 tablets twice daily. One serving mid day.. then another 30 mins before I worked out. I took this along with my vitaminc and test booster. I've read up on my N.O. and taking vitman c with it keeps your bodies free radicals from eating it all up before it gets in your blood stream. Also apparentely nitric oxide precursors are converted to nitric oxide by your body at very small amounts when your test levels are low or are rest levels. Which would make sense your veins pop out when working out. Your test levels are high. So I noticed when i took this with my Free Test my veins would get dilated throughout the day. Theres a little anatomy lesson for ya. Anyways.. I took three pills twice a day for two weeks.. then 4 twice a day for another 2 weeks. After I ran out of my SuperPump250 I took 5 pills twice a day.
~3-5 twice a day

-Results
Except for being more vascular... I didn't notice any results or any pump the first 3-4 weeks i used this product, or so i thought. I thought the insane pumps i got were only due to the SuperPump250. It was after I finished that off that I felt the effects of NO2 Black. I would take 5 of the tablets twice a day.. and get huge pumps when I worked out. Of course I really didn't have any energy, but I had one work out where I did nuthin but bis and tris for 4 hours.. and my arms were sick: vascular and pumped out like they were going to expload.
~amazing pumps, more veins

-Ingredients
Well its pretty simple folks... for three tablets you have 3000 mg of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, and 150 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid and some type of fancy name whey peptide. The Alpha Lipoic Acid is suppose to help with transporting through your stomach, and so is the whey peptide i think.
~simple but legit ingredients

-Side Effects
The only thing I really noticed was that I took massive dumps.. thats it.

-Overall
This actually tends to be a very expensive product that I got for a really good price. If you find and its on sale you should def get it. I honestly think there is alot of better NO2 products out there, but I was really happy with this one. You will get really good pumps, and better vascularity (is that even a word?) but yes this product is very good.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Improving Strength
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
  • Price
  April 2, 2010

NO2 black is not a bad product,,, but here is the thing, its basically just AAKG pairedwith ALA,, these 2 things by themselves you could buy in bulk for prolly 20 bucks and have enough of a supply to last quite a while, Arginine products are great especially for the fact they cause you to maintain a positive nitrogen balance so it feels like your pumped all the time,,, but for this being what it is its so over priced thats what made me rate it low, kind of like the Force Factor product, why spend 90 bucks when you can make your owwn
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Price

This was the first nitric oxide pill product that I was using and I had some high expectations from it based on the promises it made and some positive reviews that I had read on different forums including SR. One bottle had 180 capsules (pretty big ones) and I needed to take 6 capsules a day based on the instructions on the bottle. So, this product lasted me exactly a month (30 days). However, it fell way short of my expectations. I was using this along with my usual protein (Myofusion) and a pre-workout (1 M.R) but this had little to no positive effect on my physique.

I...

I was actually taking this not so much for getting huge pumps while working out since I always end up with a good pump. I was taking it to get a bit more vascular and maybe get to see some more definition in my muscles. My body fat is around 10-12% hence I am not exactly bulky. So, I was expecting some decent results from this. However, the product, in spite of being on the expensive side, fell way short of my expectations.

Dosage: 3 + 3 = 6 caps per day after meals. Dosed this as per the instructions on the bottle.

Claim 1: Perpetual Pump: As mentioned earlier, I always get a decent pump in the gym so this was not something I was looking forward to but then, there were no positive effects on the pump production while I was taking NO2 Black. A big zero for Pump production since that is supposed to be one major selling point for NO2 Black.

Claim 2: Increases in Strength: Once again, I experienced no significant strength increases with NO2 Black. I was taking a pre-workout along with NO2 Black and I did not experience any noticeable increase in strength levels. Again, a big disappointment.

Claim 3: Endurance: I am quite sure that whatever endurance I experienced during my workouts was due to 1 M.R. and not NO2 Black. This is because I had finished half the bottle of 1 MR before I stacked it with NO2 Black and the pre-workout did boost endurance levels quite nicely.

Claim 4: Increased vascularity and muscle hardness: This is the reason why I purchased this in the first place and once again, I was disappointed. For a product that makes such tall claims, NO2 Black did not boost vascularity to the levels promised. There was some boost in vascularity but I feel that was due to the cardio that I was doing thrice a week. Again, this product from MRI did not meet its tall claims when it came to boosting vascularity and muscle hardness.

Overall: 3/10: On some days, I felt a bit more pump than usual but the number of such occasions was very few. I will never purchase NO2 Black again because this is one of the most expensive nitric oxide pills and I did not respond to it at all. It might work for some other people since supplements work differently for different people. But in my book, this supplement did absolutely nothing. I have also used MRI's Black Powder and had a similar experience. It did nothing for me or my training experience. Maybe, I dont respond so well to MRI products. I might steer clear of them in future.
  • No Effects
mrvascular
  February 2, 2012

So this was the first Nitric Oxide base product I've ever taken. I wasn't too sure if I should take one or not but ultimately I decided to try it out. I honestly loved every single aspect of it. A buddy of mine told me to check out MRI's NO2 Black so I went down to the store and picked up a bottle of it.

VALUE: Bad idea, it was like 65$ for 180 caps. Which comes out to be a little over a months supply. I've seen it sell around the mid 30's on online retailers. In my opinion it was well worth the money, but I will try to find a cheaper alternative. Damn college textbooks >:(

TASTE: N/A since they're pills. They are fairly large, and are a little chalky but I have no problem with pills so I'm not complaining.

DOSING: For men up to 200 pounds are required to take 8 pills a day (4x4) and men over 200 are required to take 10 (5x5). Pills were to be taken 30 minutes before breakfast and before lunch. Personally half way through I actually saw that taking them with my food produced better results.

PROFILE: 3000mg of Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) which basically is a salt where arginine is combined with alpha-ketoglutaric acid. Thus making it more easily absorbed by your body.
150mg Proprietary Blend which contains thioctic acid and MRI's ACTNOS^2 whey peptide fraction.

EFFECTIVENESS: Alright so this is where it gets good. First off with NO2 Black you don't get instant results, after about a week and a half in is when I started seeing results. But wow when they came the sure CAME. My veins looked like a map of Downtown LA. Vascularity was immensely improved to the point where I was seeing veins in my shoulders! Even better was the pump! I have taken PWO's with Arginine based ingredients in them, but NO2 Black took the word pump to the next level. For the first time my quads, calves, back and pecs would actually get an amazing pumps. Not to mention the pump lasts all the way until the next workout. My biceps/triceps are get pumped very easily; on my arm days my biceps would get so pumped that I couldn't even really bend my arm. It was awesome! I also noticed that my fatigue was substantially reduced while on this stuff. It was really noticeable on my supersets/dropsets where I usually had a hard time keeping up the intensity throughout the entire workout, NO2 Black propelled me through it. I cant really say that this product gave me any strength gains or not. It could have contributed on top of my hard work ;)

OVERALL: Truly a great product. If im not mistaken Nitric Oxide products are pretty hit and miss with peoples bodies, but my body really responded to this stuff. I would recommend this to anyone looking at trying Nitric Oxide products. I can definitely say I am hooked! Can't wait to try some other products!

P.S It says on the label to drink at least 64oz of water a day while taking this product, but I would honestly drink much more than that, you can get pretty dehydrated taking this stuff!
  • Price

Ok, so it has been a while since my last review so bear with me if this is a little rough.

First off with the value, I gave it a 1 cause supplements here in Canada are retardedly expensive and got this when I returned a few things to GNC that I didn't have good experiences with. This price tag on this is $90!!! And at the recommended dosage of 4 caps per serving, thats a pretty steep $2 per serving. Would be worth it if it were super effective, but to my dismay it was not.

Effectiveness for me was also a little...

Effectiveness for me was also a little on the disappointing side, my vascularity increased a little, but not a whole bunch, not enough to get excited about anyways. As for pumps, pretty well non-existent here. I also tried 5 caps, messed around with the dosing a bit as far as timewise and food intake goes and it didn't seem to make a difference to me.

Taste: It's pill form so really not much to be said here, but as far as it goes I didn't feel like they tasted too bad actually.

No side effects to mention other than a banged up wallet. Would I recommend? No

kris65

Let me start of by saying MRI is a pretty solid company, I have tried several of their products and for the most part they have all been pretty decent. NO2 Black is no exception. This is a great nitric oxide pill, definetly one of the better ones out there on the market (at least i think so). This products big kicker is the 3000 mg of arginine alpha ketoglutarate, either that that there is nothing too special about the ingredients. I ran through a 180 pill bottle of the stuff and loved it. You definetly get a major pump. First time I used the product was on my bicept, tricep and forearms day. I got such a huge pump I was having a hard time doing dips. The pump was literally making it hard to do dips properly. Whats great about it is that the product is consistent. Its not like Yok3d which is so sporadic in its pumps. The only real issue I had with the product was that you have to take 4 huge horse pills twice a day, but ya know it comes with the terroritory. The pills have an almost lemony citric taste to them so its not really that bad, you just want to make sure you drink a lot of water cause the pills are oddly shaped ovals and are hard to get down. I am currently about a quarter way through a 300 cap bottle of the stuff and have noticed that i still get a hugh pump, maybe not as great as when I started, but still a very solid pump. My body is probably just getting used to the stuff, might take a break and try a different NO product. I had no side effects with this product. Overall NO2 Black does what it says it does and delivers on that ridiculious pump that we are all looking for in a nitric oxide product
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Improving Strength
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness

During your workout you'll swell up while on this product, and you'll keep that "swole" look for about 45 minutes after your workout..

I was stacking this with CE2 Hi-Def and was getting amazing results. 5-10 minutes into my workout I would get real itchy on my face but it would go away in about 10 minutes. I was increasing my bench every week by 20 lbs until i reached putting up two 45 plates on each side.

This will also help you watch and clean up your diet a lot more since you want clean and healthy nutrients reaching your muscles when its most necessary.

The thing thats annoying about this is the timing (I don't mind the amount of pills you have to take which is four before breakfast and four before lunch). But there are those days that you don't have breakfast and you end up having any crap to put something in your stomach or maybe you take your four pills and you don't get to eat your in those 30 minutes you thought you would so you end up feeling like you just wasted a dose..

overall a solid product and does what a NO supp is supposed to do..
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Improving Strength
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
  • Price
  • Itching

My brother bought two of these on a sale about a year ago and gave one to me. It sat around the house for about a year unopened while i was taking Plasma Jet. Hit a budget on the checking acount so i found this realized it got it for free and took it. The first thing i noticed about NO2 Black was the price. The lid said 89.99 regular price. obviously my bro got it much cheaper and even on sale with a gold card but it was still overpriced. Its basically a ton of arginine which you can buy on the shelves but i did notice it to be a little more effective than regular based arginine. I will say the vascularity throughout the day is very beautiful with this product (as good as Plasma Jet in my opinion). But when i hit the gym, the pumps just didnt seem to satisfy as much as when i took other N.O. Enhancers. I think NO2 Black is a decent, safe, effective product but it is not the best out there and not the best priced. I found the recemmended dosages to be a little different. They try to trick you on the lable where it says serving- 3 pills but is the smallest serving recemmended for light weight women. It tells you on the lable- Men, up to 200 lbs- take 4 before breakfast and 4 before lunch, and then it says 200 and over- take 5 (or maybe its 6) before breakfast and lunch. Then it has the females on the other side saying their weight and recemmended dosage which was like below 150- 3 before breakfast and lunch and over it was 4 pills. Basically, they put the least possible serving on the top of the lable where you would first look when buying a supplement but the full lable is on the back. You can find it online cheaper and i would say why not give it a try? Especially for the beginners or the weekend warriors. But if you are looking for better, Plasma Jet and E-Noxide are my top 2 favs.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent But Not Surprising Pumps
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
CamelE

I'm cycling off Jack3d right now and taking this as an alternative. And let me just say, I may not go back to Jack3d. I take 4 pills 45 minutes before breakfast, and then another 4 before lunch, again, 45 minutes. My veins swell up before I even start lifting. I can feel my blood flowing strong, and once you start working out, its awesome. Even after I'm done, I'm still pretty vascular throughout the day, and I think this also aids as a nutrition partitioner. When I drink my recovery drink and everything else, I know my blood is pumping all these nutrients to my muscles, because I can see all my blood vessels branching out all over me. I've tried Nitrix before, which is intended to be an all day vascularity supplement, nutrition partitioner, etc, and didn't get much results. This is mainly just Arginine-AKG, and it gives me all the energy I need without the caffeine and other ingredients in most pre-workout supplements. I feel like a ripped God taking this stuff because I get that visual ripped, vascular, muscularity before I even touch the weights. I've been gaining intense, beast-like strength too and I'm off my Kre Alkalyn 1500. I love this stuff, but it's pretty pricey.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Great Energy
  • Improving Strength
  • Price
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.