Up Your Mass Reviews

By: MHP

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

8.9

Ranks #1 of 20 (better than 100%) in
Protein > Weight Gainers

Up Your Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by MHP. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.
INGREDIENTS (7)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Refined form of soy protein with a minimum protein content of 90% made from defatted soy flour and most often used in vegan foods and protein powders

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Rapidly digested form of protein rich in amino acids that helps support lean body mass gains and muscle protein synthesis.

COMPARE SIMILAR

Dfost115
  August 21, 2015

MHP has quickly become one of my favorite companies. Their product line brings a lot of tried-and-true, effective products, while also offering enough innovation to excite the hardcore supp junkies such as myself. Though their marketing techniques often fall into cliches, MHP's products, as well as their reviews, tend to speak for themselves. Up Your Mass has been one of SR's highest rated weight gainers for quite a while now, and for good reason.

----Ingredient Profile----
Take a look at the ingredient listing, and you will immediately see what separates Up Your Mass from the run of the mill gainer: quality carbohydrate sources. While most gainers are loaded withh cheap, high-glycemic carbs such as maltodextrin, HMP's blend consists respectively of barley, oats, and oat fiber. As someone who tries to maintain a clean diet 24/7, I feel comfortable ingesting this product, which is more than I can say about most gainers on the market. Next we have the protein blend, which is highlighted by soy protein isolate (I know, I know). However, I am not bothered by the inclusion of soy. It is higher in amino acids arginine and glutamine (1), and has been thought to be as effective as whey (2). I would rather not see it as the main protein source here, which is the reason for my non-perfect rating, but this is a fairly minor gripe. If this product consisted of hydrolyzed whey and micellar casein, then you would see that represented in the product's price. Additionally, MHP adds branched chain aminos to their protein blend, and provides an amino acid prodile on the label. Other companies typically do not do this, which makes comparisons difficult, but I appreciate the bit of transparency offered here. An under the radar addition to the Up Your Mass formula is CLA. I plan to email MHP to find out exactly how much is in here, and will comment with any updates.

Breakdown (strawberry flavor): 500 cal/10g fat/60g carbs/ 46g protein
Macro breakdown: 18% fat/35% carbs/47% protein

----Effectiveness----
I aim for 4,000 clean calories per day. Admittedly, due to work, school, and girlfriend, I do not always reach my goal. Since I have been using Up Your Mass, I have found it much easier to reach my dietary goals, and have seen the results in my physique. Many factors affet weight and strength gain, and unfortunately I have no specific numbers to report, but I have noticed consistent muscle gain while using this. I use one serving per day and will often sip on it throughout the day, which I assume has helped maintain a positive nitrogen balance between whole food meals. I have no side effects to report.

----Value----
At my store, I have done some calculations and found Up Your Mass' value very comparable to products of lesser quality. Depending on where you buy, UYM might run you one dollar per every 200 calories (17 servings per tub). Factor in the convenience of a weight gainer, and I feel like MHP's Up yyour Mass offers a very solid value.

----Taste and Stuff----
I have tried three flavors, fudge brownie, vanilla, and strawberry. I certainly enjoyed the fudge brownie the most, but the other two were bearable The vanilla flavor has additional calcium (129 percent DV, compared to 25 percent on the others). And the strawberry did not seem to mix as well; it often leaves behind a residual sludge in my shaker cup. All flavors had a sort of chalky texture, as to be expected due to the oats. Mixability was good. I used 16 oz of water in a shaker cup and had no issues, aside from my aforementioned complaint on the strawberry.

----Conclusion----
It's no secret that Up Your Mass is one of the highest quality weight gainers on the market. If you're looking for an extra boost to your clean bulk, I highly recommend you pick up a tub.
  • Soy...eh
texasmade89
  June 10, 2015

So here I am making solid gains in the gym, eating clean, and growing; overall feeling good about myself. My wife gets me a tub of Up Your Mass and tells it looks like I’m getting smaller (no joke). She got a vanilla flavored (5lb.tub), which tasted a little too artificial for my liking but it’s by no means a deal breaker.

I have always liked mass gainers (as I’m naturally thin); this one has a great nutrient profile. I used 1-1/5 servings a day as I was really trying to push my calories. One of the reasons this stands out from the others is the carbohydrates are sourced from real food (oats, barley), also the amino acid profile (discussed further down). Sometimes on the first sip it would feel too thick and almost give me a sick feeling but that quickly went away. Just a note to those like me who have a sensitive digestive tract; that effect was not a result of MHP’s product. I used 1-1/5 servings a day as I was really trying to push my calories. I like the idea of the 3 different proteins; but would have rarely just had casein and some more/a different form of whey (no soy).

Almost every lunch break at work, I eat lunch and hang out with my boy Joey at the local supplement store. He has serious amount of knowledge on supplementation and was telling me how important leucine was. The reason I bring this up is because Up Your Mass has 9 grams of leucine per serving in it. In the words of a fellow bb’ing website leucine “maximizes the anabolic response.” U.YM. provides 26 grams of glutamine; and a 7 grams of arginine. With the more than sufficient doses of these amino acids you can see the growth potential. It’s almost like I don’t even have to spell it out for yall, because the science/evidence is already there on what these compounds can do.

This product mixed as well as you would expect a 4 scoop product to mix; pretty good. The vanilla was tolerable as I said but will be trying the chocolate next time. I usually added a chocolate ensure for taste; one of my patients always hide’s her ensures for me. When the nurse delivers them she stashes them under her pillow (she hates them and like my wife wants me to get bigger). I was also able to cut down on my BCAA’s and use this as a part of my recovery regimen. I wish companies would start taking sucralose out of protein/weight gainer supplements; this isn’t solely directly at MHP just something I had on my mind. My wife paid around $40 so that’s a completely legitimate price, for what you are getting. I did put on 4 lbs of weight while using this tub; clean weight. I’m not a hard gainer but these are solid results for my goals. If you’re bulking up, and want to get as many clean calories as possible; you have to check this out; this will help you get where you want to be. This product sold me on weight gainers efficacy.
Superveloce
  August 13, 2014

Well to relate to the title, I get horrible gas with this so that is why I have decided to name is *Out Your @$$*.

Do not get me wrong, Up Your Mass is remarkably amazing in every aspect!

I usually split the servings up to 2 scoops with about 28oz of water to get the best mix ability because it can sometimes get a little clunky.

Right there you can see that this can also be used as a meal replacement or just something to drink when you feel hungry and do not want to make anything to eat.

Taste: 10/10 (Vanilla)
I got the Vanilla flavored tub since it was the only appetizing flavor I would like to try. I drink it before I workout to have some protein in my body to be used during my workouts and I like to drink some when I feel like I am hungry because it suppresses my appetite. It tastes just like vanilla ice cream and It truly is well formulated and I recommend this to everyone interested in getting a weight gainer. I have not tried any of the other flavors so i cannot say much about them other than, I am sure they taste amazing too since this was perfected.

I purchased this on amazon for around 33$ for a 5 pound tub!!! 5 pounds for 33$ with 2-day shipping!?! Can it get any better!? The nutrient label just makes it worth every single penny.

The nutrition facts:
Fiber- 11g
Sugars- 2g
Protein- 46
Net carbs- 47g

It is a low sugar weight gainer which is always a plus to me. The mix-ability is not horrible but it could be better. I would suggest 28oz of water with 2 scoops for a good consistency.

The claims on the bottle say that you can gain 15 pounds in 5 weeks or something. That is not true. The claims are exaggerated but you could gain that amount from eating alot of food too, not strictly from the up your mass. I do feel alot less sore and I know i am getting alot of protein and nutrients and I know this is helping in the building my muscles. When i do take this before working out I feel like I do get a little bit of an energy boost and I feel more pumped to lift some heavy weights!

This simply is an amazing product and I recommend you try it and your friends try it, and then write your reviews so more people can hear about this amazing weight gainer. Also if you have any questions you can feel free to contact me.
AzneseGuy
  August 8, 2013

To start off this is my first review, but definitely not my first supplement ever used. I'll dive right in.

I was looking for a quick way to put on some pounds of muscle without adding water weight or fat so I did some research and compared reviews of mass-gainers and ended up with Cinnabun flavored Up Your Mass.

Taste: 10/10. Just wow! Whole Milk+UYM tasted like a legit cinnamon bun. I'm not even kidding. I honestly looked forward to downing that sucker everytime I pumped some iron. I was freakin' blown away by how smooth it was and how I could sit there and drink that all day if I had the cash and a bigger stomach. I don't have either of those so 1 shake sufficed. Nice and thick, creamy, rich, etc. You get the picture. Cinnabun is the flavor to get. My bro got Cookies N' Cream and it was meh compared to Cinnabun. I tried Real Gains from Universal before this and this is leaps and bounds over that. I thought Real Gains had a good texture and taste, but it tasted like glue after I drank UYM. Another mass gainer I tried was Carnivor Mass from MuscleMeds. They don't use sugar so it's not even in the same ballpark as UYM. Overall I was blown away with how UYM tasted.

Effectiveness: 10/10. I will precursor my 10 with the fact that I used two tubs of it in one month. Mother freakin' pricey. My wallet had a gaping hole that month. With that being said I packed on some serious pounds and no noticeable fat. I used the product for 30 days and polished off both tubs and my muscles looked a lot fuller and I could tell when I flexed that I had made some gains. I don't like using the scale since it's hard to tell what's muscle and water weight, but I did put on 8 lbs during that month and for me that is phenominal. I'm an extremely hard gainer. Hence why it's my third mass-gainer. Same diet and exercise as when I was on Real Gains and Carnivor Mass, but different gains. Big time.

Value: 5/10. Yes, the most important part. Nobody cares how well it works if it's pricey because then you can't consistently afford it. That's how I feel with UYM. I had to spend so much money on this product for a 30 day supply. The 30 day supply wasn't even as they directed either which is sad. They say 2 shakes a day, and I did one and still spent $65 on the two tubs. Sheesh. No wonder they say you can pack on 15 lbs of muscle in 5 weeks. You'd also be out $100 on protein for those 5 weeks. It definitely upped my mass, but it upped my bills as well too.

In conclusion I loved the taste of this product. It blew me away. It gave me considerable gains that were very noticeable by the end of the 30 days I used it. But $65 for 34 servings? That is a deal-breaker for me. I would love to use this product again, but as someone who doesn't have super deep pockets idk if I'll be able to. Effective? Yes. Cost Effective? Eh...really depends on your budget.
  • Bit Pricey
stevecrump12
  May 2, 2013

MHP's Up Your Mass is by far one of my favorite supplements to stack with. The selling point for me was the fact that it had 80g of carbs and 62g of protein when added with milk, which is usually the first thing I do before I leave the gym to get those carbs in me and get replenished.

Taste: 8-I tried the 2lb tub in vanilla, and although it is a little thick I still loved this stuff. It didnt taste bad to me. I have had some nasty weight gainers and this was not one of them.

Value: 6-This is one of the only downfall's I didn't like. You only get a weeks supply of it if you take it the way the instructions tell you. I stacked this with syntha 6 to give myself more bang for my buck. But at 21 for a week supply I wish I had a little more.

Mix: 8-This has a great carb blend. Great source of oats, and the protein isolate is a great addition. Some people complain of not seeing results but I honestly packed it on decently. I gained about 5 lbs in a month span. And I have always had a hard time gaining weight.

Bottom Line: I love it. Might not work for you but it has a great source of clean carbs and clean protein. And I honestly don't know where else you can find 80g of carbs per shake. So if you are in need of a good gainer, give this one a shot!
Bfrob22
  March 4, 2013

I will start this by saying if your a Vanilla fan, this is by far the best tasting vanilla protein out there, yes even better than syntha 6 vanilla. When I try to put on some weight I definitely turn to mass gainers for extra calories and this is one of my favorites.

Taste: The vanilla tastes amazing, chocolate not so much (true mass chocolate is way better) it recomends mixing with whole milk but I do it with 2% reduced fat and it still taste awesome. Mixes well, and not too chalky.

Price: This is one of my favorite mass gainers because the price point is awesome on it. It typically is around 39.99 and if you take the full dose (4 scoops) it'll give you 17 servings. If you know anything about weight gainers they want you to scoop it up and the containers dont last long. Other gainers will run you around 50 to 60 dollars ( like cytogainer and true mass)

Effectiveness: When I take up your mass i do two scoops either 2 times a day or 3. Morning, post-workout, and before bed. This seems to be most effective. Last bulking phase I went through two of these containers, was running bullnox (pwo), and steelcrushers PH. I started that at 188lb and got up to 206lb with increases in vascularity, and muscle, while decreasing body fat. So a 18lb increase in a month. When i took it without a ph doing the same routine the highest i've seen was a 10lb increase in a month but it was muscle so that is still pretty good for just using a pre work out and taking a weight gainer. I have a pretty high metabolism so weight gainers help out a lot.

I would and have numerous times recommended this product to others, as well as MHP's post workout dark matter which is awesome as well. If your having a hard time gaining weight, or just looking for a good cheaper gainer this is the product for you. Stick with vanilla, if you go chocolate fork out the extra bucks and go with true mass trust me.
    SkinnyChase
    Rep: 0
      February 28, 2013

First off, here's a bit of background information on me. I'm 28 years old, married (happily) and a proud father of 2 amazing kids. I've always and I mean ALWAYS, been a skinny guy. I'm 5'11" and weigh 150lbs. Now, I started using MHP Up Your Mass about two months ago. Results: Best mass gainer I have ever used. The taste of the vanilla flavor was great! Actually tastes like cake or cupcake batter! Very easy to consume without holding your nose! Also, it mixed very well with 16oz of whole vitamin D milk. When I was done with the first container I put on an easy 7lbs of mass. So for me, it was the first gainer that actually gave me results. I was also taking Optimum Nutrition's HMB at the time of taking the Up Your Mass. Not sure if that helped on the gains or not but I took it anyways. I was taking roughly 4000mg of HMB per day. Hope this review helps the other skinny guys that are skeptical of trying something new. Take it from me, it works.
      Twill
        February 15, 2013

I might not be a expert reviewer, hopefully I will be. But I am for sure a expert when it comes to Up Your Mass by Mhp Stong.

Where do I start with this amazing product?

Let me first say that I'm a big Mhp Strong fan, and tha reason being because Mhp products mostly have been the reason why I have gained tha majority of the muscle and weight that I have gained since I started working out.

How I found Up Your Mass, well I started looking around a bit, one place being here at Supplement Reviews.

I started looking to find out what was tha best supplements to take naturally to build mass?

From here at Supplement Reviews, from around tha web and by mouth I kept hearing Up Your Mass.

So I gave it a try.

Let me also say that tha reason I can say expert when it comes to Up Your Mass is because I go through a tub once a week or one every two weeks depending on how much I work and can't get my hands on quaillty food.

So I know a little about if this works or not.

The first two products I ran ever were Up Your Mass, and BSN No Explode.

I ran the UYM because it would give me tha bcaa's I needed, the protein, carbs, calories, and loads more of tha nutrients I needed to build muscle properly.

I ran the No Explode because it would give me tha focus, energy, strength, stamina and pump I would need and want.

Those two were my begining supplements that I first ran when I first started working out a year ago.

Since then I've learned a lot more and have graduated on to better products and away from some Mhp products that I exclusively took.

I still of course use Mhp's Up Your Mass, and Dark Matter.

I don't use any more, T Bomb 2, Cylcn Gf, or Probolic SR.

Not because they don't work but because I have found better and more cost effective supplements than those.

But I still haven't found anything in its category better than Up Your Mass, or Dark Matter.

My stack now includes:

Oxyelite Pro
      Vitamin Shoppe CLA
      Forskolin
      Natural Strength

Now that I got that out of tha way and have layed down some ground work, let's talk about Up Your Mass.

~~~~~Effetiveness~~~~~

Up Your Mass is a very effective mass gainer, and will put some mass on you fairly with ease.

Plus it will help you get and keep your muscle dense and hard and increase your strentgh as well.

Its able to do this because of tha many tried and proven strength and mass builders that's in UYM.

Incredients such as glutamine, leucine, arginine, bcaa's, cla, barley, oats, oat fiber, flaxseed, omega 3 complex, and loads more of amino acids that promote muscle building.

Not to mention 802 calories per serving, 27 grams of healthly fats, 78 grams of carbs,  62 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fiber.

Let me perface this because this is with 16 oz whole milk.

With water its 510 calories per serving, 11 grams of healthly fats, 56 grams of carbs, 46 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fiber.

As you can see there are a wealth of proven mass builders in UYM and that's why its effective!

Now the label says "Gain 16 lbs of muscle mass in 5 weeks", well I can say I almost did.

I gained 12 lbs in 4 weeks, which I probably could have gained 15 lbs or more if I would have stayed on it another week by it self because when taken as stated which is 2 servings a day.

You should gain any where between 2.5 lbs to 3.2 lbs per week.

The label says 3.2 lbs per week but I never gained that much in one week, granted maybe it was because some weeks I took it with water, and a couple of nights I fell a sleep without taking it at all before I went to bed.

Now I did contiue to take Up Your Mass but I was so happy that I was getting stonger and that I was gaining weight and getting complements that I said to my self.

Let me see if I can do better so that is when I started stacking and when I say getting stronger I mean it!

I started out not even able to do 115 lbs ten times.

Can't remember exactly how much my benched moved up because then I wasn't loging my results.

But I do remeber that I was able to do 135 lbs by tha end of that month because I was so happy and if I remember correctly I was able to include 135 lbs into my routine.

Might not sound like much but it was a lot to me and not to mention, now my 1 rep max is 305 lbs.

Now after my first month of weight lifting using, Up Your Mass, and Bsn No Explode I beging to learn about stacking.

First stack was Up Your Mass, T Bomb 2, Cyclin gf, Probolic Sr, Bsn No Explode, and Dark matter.

So all I'm gonna rate this product on is my first month taking it, although I still take it and it still works but I use it differently now.

Bottom line it works!

~~~~~ Price~~~~~

It can be pricey if you use it like I did and sometimes still do, and depending on where you get it.

Don't get it from Gnc, in fact I never get anything from there because they are too expensive.

You can get it from here; Supplement Reviews, Vitamin Shoppe, if there is one in your area, Ultimate Nutrition where I get mine from or several places from the web.

Costs me $35 for a tub which generaly lasts me 14 days because I depend on it a lot!

Could last longer if you use it differently than I do.

~~~~~Taste~~~~~

The taste is great, I started off with tha Cookies n Cream which is good.

Now I use the Peanut Butter Cookies which is very good!

To me tha taste has to be good because I take it so much and I haven't found anything that comes close besides Syntha 6 which is great too.

~~~~~Overall~~~~~

Well to sum it all up if you need to put on some quailty weight, get some strength, build some mass and keep it?

Up Your Mass is something I would get!

It works, taste good, and it has a wealth of proven incredients in it to help you build mass and gain strength!

• Promotes Dense Hard Muscle
      Targym
        September 27, 2012

This was my first supplement,actually i was beginner at gym and a hard gainer,the trainer recommended me to take some protein supplements which are available at gym.when i was about to purchase them i saw that they are expired products,then i told him that i would be purchasing later as i don't have enough money with me to purchase.Then i returned home and later started researching about proteins and their importance in bodybuilding.Then i decided to purchase whey protein,but after reading some supplement review i came to know that i need to bulk up first as i was under weighed then.so i decided to buy mass building,weight gainer.After researching the internet i came across the MHP Up your mass,it was in my budget and i decided to buy and ordered it online.

My diet was 4 eggs in the morning,followed by breakfast.

Lunch typical south Indian diet( Vegetarian)
      Sunday : Fish/Chicken

Dinner: Typical South Indian Diet some times roti( Indian Bread).

I was drinking 500ml of skimmed milk on the whole of the day.

Training at gym for 2 hrs in the morning.

I was only taking MHP Up Your Mass during the entire 1 and half month.

My review is

Taste:

Not so good,as expected as it has less sugar.I used Chocolate Fudge brownie.

Saw great pumps and energy during the entire period.Amazingly i gained 10lb weight with little belly fat by the end of 2lb tub.

Muscle Building:

I think this product does that i saw significant muscle gains and gain in strength.Its blend has special insulin releasing formula that actually works.

Good Value:

I think it is a good value for money product as the profile of this product is good.

I Should have given it 9/10,but i could not as finishing the tub,after 10 days my gains are reverted i lose more than 6lb weight.This is one of he con,the others being the protein shake is too thick to drink if you follow recommended dosage.A little bloating is observed.

Conclusion:

This is a good supplement that i would recommend to any hard gainer,but remember that your gains are temporary.May be continuing with another tub may give good results.
      • Temporary Gains
      • But Thats Expected.
      • Too Thick To Drink
      CamSTL
        September 18, 2012

I delayed putting this review out and I never like to bash a product but I will be honest. This is one of the more popular weight gainers and there is alot of hype surrounding Up Your Mass, but I simply did not get those results.

Taste:7.5
      I tried 2lbs of the Fudge Brownie and 5lbs of Cinnabun. The Fudge Brownie once opened had a distinct smell. I couldn't put my finger on it but it tasted nothing like Brownie. It actually tasted like Cinnamon. Perhaps im weird but thats what it tasted and smelled like once I figured it out. So I decided to try the Cinnabun next and it wasn't as strong as the Brownie but still decent overall

Value 8
      Tho I had a decent run on this the main reason I ran this (besides the hype) was because I was out of money and this product compared to others gainers is cheap. 2lbs cost around $12-15 and 5lbs cost around $30.
      So why an 8? Because you get 7 servings with 2lbs and 17 with 5lbs. I never take a whole serving but I still blew thru this stuff pretty fast. Faster than any other gainer, but I also paid less, so I guess theres a trade-off.

Ingredients: -
      There is a Carb Blend which consists of Barley, Oats and Oat Fiber and a protein blend which consists of Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, and Whey.
      There is also an Amino, Vitamin, and Omega blend

I know my body and I am prone to storing extra fat if I eat too many carbs (even clean). The main protein in this is Soy Isolate and there are studies out saying that soy "will & will not" increase estrogen. Whether that has some truth to it or not I know that I am prone to holding estrogen stored fat. Seeing as Carbs and Soy were the main sources in this I was hesitant to try this.

Effectiveness 7
      I used this during my football season as I use a gainer to help me maintain my weight around 230. I did not store any extra fat, but despite taking this I did drop some weight (possibly water weight as I was drinking more this summer) but in past years when taking Iso Mass or any other gainer, I never had a problem maintaining weight. We averaged 100 degree weather for 2 months so I will give this the benefit of the doubt. Theres not much you can do in that weather if you have to be outside everyday.

Overall 7
      Lets not get it twisted, im not blaming this for my lack of ability to hold weight. Thats where diet and (not) overtraining come in, and I can't remember my exact cal count but it was on par if not more than years past during my season; and when taking other gainers I never had this problem.

I wish UYM had a stronger profile of Whey sources such as Whey Isolate like other gainers do. But UYM profile is unique and this is possibly what makes it so effective for others.

I didn't gain 15lbs over 5 weeks like this product said lol, but Im glad I tried UYM. It was inexpensive, tasted fairly decent and it helped me maintain strength. Thats about it tho, I doubt I go back to UYM but census says this is a good product that works. Im not saying you shouldn't try this if you haven't, it simply did not give "me" what I wanted in comparison to others
      • Misleading Claims On Bottle

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.