Home > Categories > Protein > Time Release > MHP > Probolic-SR

MHP Probolic-SR

Probolic-SR MHP
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (37 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Dymatize Elite 12 Hour Protein Reviews
Elite 12 Hour Protein (41 Reviews)
Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Optimum Nitro Core 24 Reviews
Nitro Core 24 (38 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)
MHP Up Your Mass Reviews
Up Your Mass (88 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Combat Reviews

Description

Probolic-SR Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Probolic-SR Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night (24)
  • Builds Muscle (19)
  • Great Amino Acid Profile (19)
  • Great Time Release Protein (13)
  • Iffy Mixability (9)
  • Too Expensive (6)
  • Thick As Pudding (5)
  • A Little Pricey (5)
November 9, 2010

Cray

Age: 26

November 9, 2010
 As I was preparing myself for this fall’s travel season, I knew I wanted to keep my supplement stack light and travel-friendly. As such, I began checking out a number of protein-blends to serve as my “all-in-one” powder while on the road. My good broski Manimal suggested I try MHP’s Probolic-SR and I am very glad that I listened to him. I have finished a 2 lb. tub and am currently 2/3rds of the way through a 4 lb. tub. Both tubs were the chocolate flavor (which I am pretty sure MHP is discontinuing).

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 9/10
I find that chocolate protein powders are usually a fairly safe bet, but Probo-SR really stands out in the flavor category. The taste of the chocolate blend is smooth and light with a nice cocoa finish. Since I was often using Probo-SR as a post-workout drink, I was especially appreciative of the fact that the shake was not heavy and actually helped to settle my stomach after a tough workout. Additionally, the blend tastes good even when mixed with warm water, a bonus for me considering I don’t always have access to a refrigerator or chilled water. I’ve not mixed the product with milk but I imagine it would also be quite tasty.

The powder mixes extremely well; better than most other protein powders I’ve tried. I found that both my Blender Bottle and regular shaker cup had no problems handling the product. I never had any issues with clumping or gritty residue, despite the fact that the blend contains casein, which usually doesn’t mix as easily as regular whey or hydro-whey.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
I used Probo-SR, as previously mentioned, as an “all-in-one” product. Primarily I used the product as a post-workout shake, but there were often days when I would have a shake in the morning, afternoon, or even just before bed. The ingredient profile of Probo-SR contains fast, medium, and slow-release proteins, making it beneficial to take at any point during the day. It was comforting knowing I had the product to fall back on in case I was feeling hungry at night or unable to eat a proper breakfast in the morning. Additionally, the product contains a solid amino acid profile, including Glutamine, which I found aided in my recovery. On top of that, a single serving of Probo-SR contains only 140 calories, no sugar, and is packed with BCAA’s and other nutrients (flaxseed powder & Omega-3 complex).

I used Probo-SR almost exclusively for eight weeks. During most of that time I was on a cut cycle and most recently I’ve been in a period of maintenance. I lost 8 lbs. during my cut cycle, all of it fat, and have increased the weight of most of my exercises in the past two months. I attribute Probo-SR for playing a significant role in my retention of muscle mass and also for helping me fill out slightly during the past few weeks.

VALUE: 9/10
I will preface this by saying that both 4 lb. tubs of Probo that I’ve purchased have been at a great discount. I paid $35 for each tub. Each tub contains roughly 56 servings, which equates to only $0.62 per serving. On BodyBuilding.com however, a 4 lb. tub of Probo will run you $44 and a slightly higher per serving cost of $0.78. As a comparison point a 5 lb. tub of Syntha-6 has a per serving cost of $0.75, while a 4.6 lb. tub of Pro-Complex will run you over a $1.00 per serving, and that’s provided you split the recommending dosing from two scoops down to one.

As such, I feel that Probo-SR offers a solid blend packed into a smaller serving size. At only 33g per scoop, Probo-SR still offers roughly the same amount of protein per serving as does Syntha-6 and Pro-Complex.

OVERALL: 9/10
If you’re looking for a solid affordable protein blend, look no further than MHP’s Probolic-SR. This product can be used at any point during the day and can help achieve a variety of fitness goals. Whether you’re cutting, bulking, or simply looking to maintain, Probo-SR is a strong product that can confidently be added to any stack. Personally, this product will be a staple of mine for a long time to come.

ruabeyo
    ruabeyo

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 23
    Reputation: +407
    I have to say .. Probolic SR is right at the top of my favorite supps and yes ... Chocolate is the best IMO ...

Mix it with milk and you can throw your cut diet out the window... ohhh it's soo good ...it's like a treat after pounding out some squats...

Nice Review!!!

jmlstocks
    jmlstocks

Joined: 7/2010
    Reviews: 46
    Reputation: +2497
    Sounds like a good product, gotta love seeing 3 solid reviews right in a row...even if it bumps me down.

Reply #3:
    efishman
    efishman

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +90
    great review. probolic is one of my top staples, where did you hear that chocolate was being discontinued?

July 17, 2010

Age: 19

July 17, 2010
     Just finished my 2lb tub of Probolic SR, Cookies & Cream last night before bed.

First of all, i would like to clear up the misconception on Soy Protein that i personally believe is malarky. I have read countless of articles and several studies showing that Soy Protein (Especially MHP's Supro Soy) does not decrease Serum testosterone levels in male athletes and may only have slight effects at very high levels of intake. That being said, believe what you wish to believe and this is only me stating my opinion on sources i have read.

Now that that is outta the way, I will say that i loved this protein by MHP. Alot of people complain about the taste and thickness but just like Dark Matter, i did not experience any gloppyness or pudding-like textures with probolic. I use Blender Bottles and i think they really make the difference when mixing any supplement powders. The cookies & cream flavor was very slightly gritty but i found it to be delicious and looked forward to it every night.

I used this as a meal replacement during the day and as my night time protein, an hour after taking ZMA and then hittin the sack.

Nutrition Facts per scoop-

Sugars- 2g
    Protein- 20g
    Sodium- 240mg
    Potassium- 310mg

MHP Probolic is backed with a great Amino Acid profile and is a protein blend consisting of Supro Soy isolate, Calcium Caseinate, and Whey concentrate.
    The other thing i love about this product is it contains healthy fatty acids like CLA, Flaxseed, and Fish Oil.

I experienced great recovery, especially over night with this product and woke up less sore and alot less hungry. I'm not sure if i believe the 12 hour effect they claim it to have on your muscles. They say it promotes sustained amino acid levels and nitrogen retention for muscle growth. I did not see any studies done on this or have not read much on it but i did feel like doing cardio first thing in the mornings was a little less hard on my body.

All in all, i believe this supplement is a perfect time release protein, great for anytime of the day altho i personally would not take it post workout just because i like to get Pure Whey isolates in my body during the 30 minute post workout window.

Last but not least, the price is a little high on probolic and almost steered me away from buying my 4lb tub (chocolate flavor) that just arrived today. I was debating between this and Dymatize Elite 12 hour and i found the ingredients in this to be just a little more attracting to my requirements. So i went with it again.

Solid product, Give it a whirl.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Amino Acid Profile
    taysab23
    taysab23

Joined: 5/2010
    Reviews: 44
    Reputation: +501
    soldi review bro.. but was it soy isolate in this stuff? I've read that its only in soy isolate that your body starts to make more estrogen.

Joined: 11/2009
    Reputation: +3478
    Thanks man.. There are so many different views, studies, and theories on it man. I just choose to believe it does not effect us dudes based on what i have seen and my thoughts. Not to mention, i sure didnt notice any decrease in test levels considering my sex drive always was and still is through the roof and i am making gains every day in the gym.

Reply #3:
    everlastlift
    everlastlift

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 4
    Reputation: +75
    Like the usage of "malarky." This blend has always interested me, I think I'll have to give it a try. Great post bro!

Reply #4:
    isaacn15
    isaacn15

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 2
    Reputation: +107
    saw you post somewhere else on how much you love it and decided to come look at your review...

so would this be just another protein to take? or instead of a whey protein? what would you stack with this and when would you take it?

Reply #5:
    TheSecret
    TheSecret

Joined: 3/2012
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    Nice review. I really like this stuff. Great amino profile was the reason I tried this in the first place. I would take a little before workouts to

May 31, 2009

joeflah13

Reviews: 52

Age: 17

May 31, 2009
     Okay, to start with, the main protein in this product is soy, so thats not good for men. Second of all, i only felt the "pump" people were talking about from it when i took 2 scoops, so that means this would only last 2 weeks for like $40? That sucks. And i definatley didnt gain any weight while on it. Not to mention the horrible taste and the fact that it took forever to mix with a spoon and still had chunks. Its definatley a below-average product. I'm dissappointed MHP.
    May 13, 2013

Reviews: 11

Age: 34

May 13, 2013
    The best tasting protein complex!

I decided throw in a review for MHP’s Probolic- a 12 hour muscle feeding protein that consists of whey, soy and casein proteins.
    From MHPstrong.com-
    “Probolic-SR’s patented 12 hour Sustained Release Micro-Feed Technology and superior Critical Five Amino Acid Score (CFAAS) are major breakthroughs in protein supplementation. These two breakthroughs have set new standards in the bio-efficiency and anabolic effects of protein by giving you something no other protein can: a continual 12 hour supply of the most critical amino acids including high levels of Glutamine, Arginine and BCAAs to stimulate muscle growth, improve recovery and prevent catabolic muscle wasting. “
    Honestly, I have been using Probolic for over 6 months now- it has become a staple in my supplement regime. For the last 6 weeks I have been on an intermittent fasting diet that consists of three meals eaten within and 8 hour period followed by 16 hours of hunger. I work out 5-6 days per week and have recently increased my cardio from 4-10 minute sessions to 5- 15 minute sessions per week (summer is coming.) I recently just increased my cals from 1800 per day up to about 2300 per day (I was losing weight too fast.) Each meal I eat has about 60 grams of protein. I weight about 195lbs with about 10% BF.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 10/10
    Mixability first- one scoop mixes perfectly fine with a blender ball. It mixes well in water and has a nice texture and consistency. I gave it a ten because this is hands down the best tasting protein I have ever had. In the last 6 months I have also used protein by ON, Lebrada, and Muscle Meds- none of them compare (I have only used the chocolate versions of each for easy comparison- I have had bad luck with vanilla flavors in the past and don’t bother anymore.) I really believe it’s the combination of the chocolate flavor and the texture that makes it oh so good. ON always mixes too watery for me, Labrada was nothing special, and the Muscle Meds (carnivore) only tasted good when mixed with milk.
    I try to eat 3 food meals per day, but every now and then I won’t have the time to prepare a meal, so I will use one EAS Myoplex Packet and mix in one serving of Probolic- and it really does enhance the flavor- it also allows me to reach my goal of 60+ grams of protein per meal- Myoplex contains 42 grams while the Probolic has 20 grams per scoop. I'll also add a serving when I am unable to meet my macro goals for a meal. All in all, I probably average 1-2 servings of Probolic per day.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
    It does the job. It’s a nice compliment to a clean diet and helps me reach my macro goals. My strength continues to slowly climb and my body continues to improve monthly. As an added bonus, there is a little bit of fat that comes from the addition of CLA and MCT’s. MHP also threw in some flax to help compliment this valuable Omega 3 stack. There’s also only 5 grams of carbs of which 2 are from fiber. I’m sure I will keep this in my regiment as I work my way to a men’s physique competition in the future (just thought I’d throw one of my goals in there.)

VALUE: 9/10
    $39.99 for 56 servings from allstarhealth.com.- $0.71 per serving- it’s a good price for a high quality protein mix. I haven’t found it cheaper anywhere else.

OVERALL: 9/10
    Summing it all up- Probolic is a staple in my diet and will continue to be. I have compared it to other protein blends recently and haven’t found a complex any better or taste any better. It’s a shake that I look forward to- one that does not set off my gag reflex. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a solid protein complex to add to their macro plan.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night

Joined: 2/2013
      Reviews: 11
      Reputation: +222
      hey Frankiemusc...please tell me why you didn't find this helpful...I'm trying to write solid reviews here and would appreciate any feedback you can offer me....

SoCalLivin
      SoCalLivin

Joined: 3/2011
      Reviews: 20
      Reputation: +824
      ^^I would guess that he fat fingered it because this is a pretty well written review, but I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth.

July 29, 2012

Bharath007

Reviews: 4

Age: 29

July 29, 2012
       I finished my container and iam totally satisfied with this protein.I feel like it is the best time release protien available in market.I experienced a great recovery,mostly i dint have the opportunity to consume in night but whenever i had it was so so effective.The product has essential aminos and healthy fatty acids thats a great plus in this product.Now iam consuming Lean Pro8 i have made it an habit to switch between these two great protiens.I thank MHP for this awsome protein.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Good Amino Acid Profile
      • Taste Was Good
      • Promotes Great Recovery
      • Great Time Release Protein
      • Essential Fatty Acids
      June 11, 2012

Gkeezy

Reviews: 81

Age: 29

June 11, 2012
       So I normally do not give 9's across the board for Proteins but this one I definitively have to go with that score. I will explain in detail why below.

INGREDIENT PROFILE:
      130 Calories Per Serving ("PS")
      20g Protein (PS)
      Total Fat 4g (PS)
      Total Carbs 5g (PS)
      Sugars: 0g
      For detailed IP list please see the nutritional details on the bottle.
      It also contains 5 Critical Amino Acids (Glutamine, Argenine & BCAA's)
      As well as being rich if FLAX, CLA & MCT's

PRICE: 9/10 it goes for around $30 for a approximately 28 servings. This is about $1 a serving, which is not too shabby with the quality of protein you will be feeding your body.

TASTE: 10/10 - This has to be the best tasting protein ive ever tasted that I drank with water. I mean the Chocolate flavor with a half cup of water tastes like a malt shake, not too sweet but just right. I mean it was incredible. Normally I do not taste protein by taste, but this was just ridiculous. With the amazing ingredient profile its good to see that they did not compromise the taste.

HOW IT WORKS:

Contains a 4 Stage Release Profile in order to continually feed muscle tissue for up to 12 hours:

-Whey protein: provides a high quality fast releasing protein that feeds muscle tissue right away.

- Supro performance protein: provides a high quality medium speed releasing protein so you continue to supply your muscles with critical amino acids when whey is no longer found in the blood.
      - Casein protein: provides a high quality slow releasing protein so you continue to supply your muscles with critical amino acids when whey and Supro performance protein are no longer found in the blood.
      - Patented Micro-Feed Sustained Release Technology: This technology microencapsulates a portion of the protein blend and slowly releases it into the blood up to 12 hours.

PERFORMANCE/RECOVERY: 9/10 - I used this protein while on a lean mass. What I wanted to do was retain the physique my body currently has in terms of size, but lean out, drop the fat and add a little bit of leaner more defined muscles on my body. The Glutamine and BCAA's in this Protein also help with muscle soreness and recovery for me personally.

This product did just that. I took 2 scoops with half glass of water right after an intense workout, and due to such delicious taste, I actually was looking forward to drinking it. After the first few weeks I did notice small gains in my mass. It wasn't anything huge, but I did see more definition as well as size. This also helped to curb appetite because I would not get as hungry as often because of the slow releasing proteins in this mix. I was able to stay full longer, as opposed to just chugging down fast breaking down Whey Protein.

MIXABILITY: 10/10 - This mixed very easily with no chunks or clumping together whatsoever. This is great because after I was done with the shake, when washing it, I noticed that it cleaned faster and I was not wasting the usual chunks that get stuck to the blade ball inside the shaker container with other proteins.

OVERALL: 9/10 - This product is great. It helped me with my gym gains/leans. I mean I guess I can attribute to my success on other products such as Erase and DAA, but this definitively helped in its own way.

I would recommend this protein for others to try.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night
        October 25, 2011

omisso

Reviews: 2

Age: 31

October 25, 2011
         Being a hardgainer, I swear by taking Casein protein before bed. I started on ON's "100% Casein" originally but saw this on deep discount so figured i'd try it.
        Probolic SR is a little pricey but it has so much more going for it than some of the other Casein products out there. The taste is definately better and it has much more aminos included than others i've seen. This is also a 12 hour protein feed so taking this twice a day should give you a 24 hour constant protein release.
        If you can find this for a decent price i'd highly recommend it.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night
        October 15, 2011

bignastyrico

Reviews: 151

Age: 32

October 15, 2011
         Hey everyone YET another MHP review. I got this as an online stack with t-bombII and a-bomb. I use blends all the time but i dont normally use the slower casin like proteins such as this, combat, etc. But since mhp is one of my fav companys i said what the hell.

Price=9 I got this as an online stack with the other 2 products listed above for only a 100 bucks total. but it goes for around 30 bucks which is good.

taste=7 I know most ppl love the taste of this product but i wasnt to crazy about it. I had the banana cream flavor and it had an odd after taste, not really bad just not good.

effectiveness=8 This did get the job done. I used it mainly for night time or on those instances that i knew i wasnt going to get anything to eat for awhile. but for some reason after awhile I really got hungry after taking this.

Profile=8 only 130cal and 35 from fat is good. but only 20g of protein per scoop i wasnt to fond of. the amino acid portion of this is great with an few vitamins thrown in. but it has more iron than i would like in a protein.

mixability=7 it can get a little clumpy so i would use a little extra water unless u blend it or have a blender ball bottle.

I would recommend this for ppl looking for a casin or for a long term daily protein. the price is decent and it could be found pretty much anywhere.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night
        • Taste Not Great Not Bad
        September 23, 2011

jburton

Reviews: 15

Age: 30

September 23, 2011
         Great tasting and great Amino profile. I do get great recovery from this every time and stay stocked up.

It is pricey but well worth it. i can say the 12 hour deal feels real when you compair it to using regular whey. You dont have that starving feeling like with whey.

I do wish they had the 5lbs in more flavors.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Good Amino Acid Profile
        • Taste Was Good
        • Promotes Great Recovery
        • Great Time Release Protein
        • Essential Fatty Acids
        • Good Mixability
        August 14, 2011

challenja

Reviews: 15

Age: 33

August 14, 2011
         If I had loads of money to spend I would go for MHP's Probolic SR. It's chocolate formula is the best tasting of the time released proteins. I can just eat it raw with water in my mouth, but it tends to stick to your teeth and brushing chunks of dark protein matter you feel jipped. SO don't do it, I am just saying. The mixibilty of this stuff with a spoon is god awful. You need a quality shaker with a good strainer, the more holes the better, and you will still have some clumped to your strainer.. grrrr. It has a great tasting consistency though and was my favorite TRP for a long while until I found Elite XT's Fudge brownie, and made it into my sludge. Another crap thing is that this thing is good for the money but it's hella expensive, not like some other brands. But if your paying more than 25 bucks for a Kilo of protein, your getting hosed. But this thing has loads of Glutamine in it which was the real winner for me, also the slow release healthy fat profile can't be beat. Try Cookies and Cream too!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Yummy
        • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night
        • Iffy Mixability

Have you used Probolic-SR? Submit your own Review!